Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Way too much fuss for a three year old.  Have a cupcake with candle and sing Happy Birthday!

Reading the comments about being immediately told the he had to share reminds me of our mother.  No gift, no matter where it came from, was ever really ours.  It was subject to withdrawal based on her whims.

• Love 2

You know how many self absorbed adult women are now having birthday months? It's ridiculous. Dinner with the parents, dinner with the signifiant other, dinner with the bffs, dinner with a special friend they only see a few times a year, dinner with the work gang. I'm certainly not going to begrudge Jessa for trying to make her 3 year old's birthday last a little longer when I see grown ass adults doing the same thing 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

You know how many self absorbed adult women are now having birthday months? It's ridiculous. Dinner with the parents, dinner with the signifiant other, dinner with the bffs, dinner with a special friend they only see a few times a year, dinner with the work gang. I'm certainly not going to begrudge Jessa for trying to make her 3 year old's birthday last a little longer when I see grown ass adults doing the same thing 

Wow, that's a thing now? I think I pretty much went from 21 to 40 without anyone, or myself for that matter, making a big deal of my birthdays. When did this self indulgent trend start?

By the time the Seewald kids are adults, they'll have to do birthday years. 😧

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

No.  I am not familiar with such self absorbed nonsense.   

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

What stupidity is that? That's completely over the top. Smh. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

I do the protracted birthday celebrations, but I really don't get why it's inherently awful? I have a fairly disparate group of friends I've collected who don't socialize with each other and they don't socialize with my family and I loathe the idea of large get-togethers in general, so I don't see the point in having 1 big birthday party. That's like my personal idea of hell. I'd rather see them all individually or in small groups. And I guess if that makes me a self-absorbed asshole, guilty as charged. 🤷‍♀️

I do the same thing, basically for the same reasons. My friends and family are either spread out all over or just different groups of friends. It is more going out to eat or doing some trip/activity. Though, I know some people will keep on exclaiming that it is there birthday month or some other nonsense which I would assume most people who do something similar do not do.

I am one that thinks that if Jessa really wanted to cut her hair or wear pants she would do it. I do not think Ben would care and realistically Jessa is the headship in that house.

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

I prefer no birthday stuff (I am 36), but a birthday with allowances for dipshit stragglers and celebrations postponed to a Friday or Saturday, liver permitting, seems ok. 

In four years we'll need to have a Primetimer Koka party. What theme would you like? American fast food joints? 

Like Jessa, we could start a week early if you like!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 2/9/2020 at 12:15 AM, AussiesRule said:

So they didn't even open the packages when they arrived to make sure the right thing was inside? FFS open the packages then wrap them in some nice paper!! And get him at least one toy, and not SNACKS!

The smaller packages had already been opened the larger ones in boxes hadn’t, personally I thought that was a bit cheap she could’ve at least wrapped the boxes. 
Imagine if she had got sent the wrong stuff, a sex toy for Henry? 😉

• LOL 6

Okay, they are idiots, but those children are cute and they are eating relatively healthy food.  Fried, yes, but, if in a healthy oil, not so awful.  Better than beige goop I think.  I don't think Spurgeon is in any danger sitting on the counter.  I am guessing Ben in his allergy drug induced haze would wipe a counter.  

• Love 12

Jessa, of all the Duggar daughters, is IMO the one most into being on TV. She visibly preens when she's on camera, and I'd bet the rent that she fought tooth and nail and did whatever Daddy wanted, to keep the family on TV when Joshgate hit.

Like a good Duggar, she's lied through her telegenic teeth when she's said, "Oh, we're not a TV family, we're just a family who's on TV." Sure, Jan.

Maybe Jessa's less invested in her reality TV star status now that she has three cute kids, but I did think of her this morning. I was reading an online article about the subject of the latest episode of another TLC reality show. The article referred to that woman as a "reality star." The show? My 600 Pound Life. The TLC reality star?  At 4' 11" tall, and 758 pounds: Joyce Del Viscovo.  🤣 🤣 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I am impressed.

Mahi-mahi? That's pretty gourmet of them. (Ya know, vs. Fish Sticks).

And Quinoa?

I could have been invited to their home for dinner and been pretty satisified.

Those kids really are adorable.

And..........Ben is cooking.

COOKING.

Not just womens' work - apparently.

• Love 12
32 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

I am impressed.

Mahi-mahi? That's pretty gourmet of them. (Ya know, vs. Fish Sticks).

And Quinoa?

I could have been invited to their home for dinner and been pretty satisified.

Those kids really are adorable.

And..........Ben is cooking.

COOKING.

Not just womens' work - apparently.

There were fishsticks on a pan next to the stove.  I guessed for Jessa.  HA!

• LOL 20

If Ben doesn’t cook they will eat something with cream of crap soup, or Jessa will make that horrible sweet potatoes and ground beef concoction. The one where in the Duggar universe the ground beef and sweet potatoes take the same amount of time to cook.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Yeah, I think that Ben has no choice to cook if he wants to eat something edible..

My grandma always told my dad to learn how to cook “just in case you marry a woman who can’t cook.”  So he minored in Home Ec.  Maybe Guinn taught Ben “just in case.” 😉 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 2/13/2020 at 7:14 AM, Sew Sumi said:

2 videos about mahi mahi.

If you’re cooking a piece of fish blackened, or even just normal pan frying a piece of fish, I don’t think the meat thermometer is necessary. Or is this normal now?

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Totally said:

Jessa’s  kitchen cupboards are FILTHY

They probably are, but in fairness, those cabinet doors have been given a darkish antiquing (or whatever the word is) treatment along the recessed border trim. So it's hard to tell how much is dirt and how much is the (IMO not very well done) paint treatment. The counters shown in the video are sure cluttered. That would drive me nuts. Didn't we see, years ago, that her idea of how to set up a kitchen included tons of knickknacks and framed photos on the kitchen counters? Yeesh.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

They probably are, but in fairness, those cabinet doors have been given a darkish antiquing (or whatever the word is) treatment along the recessed border trim. So it's hard to tell how much is dirt and how much is the (IMO not very well done) paint treatment. The counters shown in the video are sure cluttered. That would drive me nuts. Didn't we see, years ago, that her idea of how to set up a kitchen included tons of knickknacks and framed photos on the kitchen counters? Yeesh.

I know the effect you are talking about, and I don’t think that is the issue here

• Love 1
12 hours ago, kokapetl said:

If you’re cooking a piece of fish blackened, or even just normal pan frying a piece of fish, I don’t think the meat thermometer is necessary. Or is this normal now?

No to the thermometer.  Fish is only an inch thick!!!   

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Maybe since they're blackening the fish, they're afraid it will be raw in the center? 

That's all I got.

He is actually measuring the temperature of the frying pan surface,  not the fish!  When touched gently, fish will flake when done.  And after that,  rapidly becomes overdone.

The type of seasoning is simply a matter of taste.  I am a lemon juice, salt and pepper, cooked in olive oil and a bit of butter cook of pan fried fish.  

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I’d be concerned the toddler would swallow too much oj, gag, vomit everywhere, drop the bottle and leave a mess of vomit and oj and crying dirty toddler to clean up. But I’m not a parent!

That doesn’t look like their kitchen. 

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

I’d be concerned the toddler would swallow too much oj, gag, vomit everywhere, drop the bottle and leave a mess of vomit and oj and crying dirty toddler to clean up. But I’m not a parent!

No, it's the Seewald grandparents' kitchen.

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Also he could easy drop that heavy bottle on his bare feet and potentially break a toe, but hey, let’s take a video first because haha cute content for mommy’s Instagram trumps safety and common sense! 🙄

• Love 6
2 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Apparently Guinn filmed the Sweet Precious juice Memory.

I wonder if she then served the germ laden, backwash filled juice to others for breakfast?

If I'm sharing germs, I want it to be my choice.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, kokapetl said:

The toddler turned 3

So definitely over a year and a half out of toddlerhood now.

My grandmotherly reaction would be to grab the jug of juice not my cell phone.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I didn't and won't actually watch the video.  Was the child scolded at all for drinking out of the juice jug?  How did she handle it?

It's about a 10 second video. Nothing was said, just some background chatter.

• Love 2