Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Jessa is now shilling Thrive on instagram, as is Joy, following  Jinger’s lead. Yesterday (Joy) and today (Jessa) each did unboxing videos on Instagram Stories. Are they now competing for sales with one another? Or is this a MLM thing where Jinger is going to get a piece of her sisters’ sales?

1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

Jessa is now shilling Thrive on instagram, as is Joy, following  Jinger’s lead. Yesterday (Joy) and today (Jessa) each did unboxing videos on Instagram Stories. Are they now competing for sales with one another? Or is this a MLM thing where Jinger is going to get a piece of her sisters’ sales?

These products and the company have horrible ratings.  The sisters should have done their homework before ever lending their names to this promotion. 

https://www.truthinadvertising.org/what-you-should-know-about-thrive/

• Love 10
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

Thrive and Thrive Market are *not* the same thing. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Mollie said:

These products and the company have horrible ratings.  The sisters should have done their homework before ever lending their names to this promotion. 

https://www.truthinadvertising.org/what-you-should-know-about-thrive/

I think the Thrive you've linked is different. I went back and looked and the Duggars are touting Thrive Market, an online grocery store.  Sorry I didn't get the name right!  All the stuff the girls are showing is grocery food products.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

$100-$300 a month for their products?! What a racket. 

to clarify, the Duggar sisters are pitching Thrive Market, not Thrive. Apparently Thrive Market requires a $60 per year membership fee (they liken themselves to Costco), but the $100-$300/month is not Thrive Market products. I apologize for the confusion I've caused.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I assumed the peas Jessa was speaking of were like Harvest Snacks Pea Crisps. I might be wrong, but since she was mentioning snacks that Henry likes I assumed it was something like that.

Wouldn't it be weird to group pea crisps in with apples? I'd assume actual peas.

Also, cue incorrect commas. "... almonds and raisins, peas and apples".

It should have been "almonds, raisins, peas, and apples" or "almonds and raisins and peas and apples". (I'd have given her a pass on the Harvard comma, though I'm a firm believer.)

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Thrive Market must have got tons of negative feedback for them to do this. 

Guess a lot of organic-food-loving liberals decided to complain about having the Duggar homophobia and misogyny become a face of the brand. 

Now of course there are the predictable complaints about what bigotry Thrive Market has shown by doing this.

Since they had no choice but to choose one side or the other, though, I expect they totted up the revenue and figured more of the cash was on the liberal side of their buyer spectrum. 

1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:
Edited by Churchhoney
because I keep accidentally hitting buttons twice
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Guess a lot of organic-food-loving liberals decided to complain about having the Duggar homophobia and misogyny become a face of the brand. 

Now of course there are the predictable complaints about what bigotry Thrive Market has shown by doing this.

Since they had no choice but to choose one side or the other, though, I expect they totted up the revenue and figured more of the cash was on the liberal side of their buyer spectrum. 

Conservative church goers also love organic food.  I've been with Blue Apron for many years, even with Thrive Market's short infiltration through their ghastly Whole 30 meals.  It seems to me, that Thrive Market doesn't understand their market and overreacted.

Though......the tone deaf Duggers lose again.  So, there is that.

• Love 2

I don't ever recall seeing anything food related, posted by Jill, Jessa or Joy, EVER being even remotely related to organic, paleo, pure raw, veggie, vegan or healthy. 

We've seen in their posts every fast-food franchise, every processed, pre-cooked, preservative packed, sodium laden and manufactured canned, frozen and packaged food on the planet.  A few token attempts at fresh food.  But it's NOT their lifestyle to eat that way. 

A few meal photos of semi-healthy sushi will never convince me that any of them consistently shop at Thrive Market.  Maybe a once or twice order, but only for the novelty.  I don't see their "support" as real or an actual investment in their own health. 

That sugar-filled Popsicle that Israel was slurping down tells the whole story.  Even when sick, the kids get pure crap.  And I just can't see how they would afford it.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I don't ever recall seeing anything food related, posted by Jill, Jessa or Joy, EVER being even remotely related to organic, paleo, pure raw, veggie, vegan or healthy. 

We've seen in their posts every fast-food franchise, every processed, pre-cooked, preservative packed, sodium laden and manufactured canned, frozen and packaged food on the planet.  A few token attempts at fresh food.  But it's NOT their lifestyle to eat that way. 

A few meal photos of semi-healthy sushi will never convince me that any of them consistently shop at Thrive Market.  Maybe a once or twice order, but only for the novelty.  I don't see their "support" as real or an actual investment in their own health. 

That sugar-filled Popsicle that Israel was slurping down tells the whole story.  Even when sick, the kids get pure crap.  And I just can't see how they would afford it.  

She has actually posted a few things here and there which were labelled as "vegan" (I think one of her banana breads might have been one). They were all pretty few and far between, though.

So what is the deal with the "thrive" vs "thrive market"? I think I missed something in skimming through. I know my daughter, who is very health conscious. very thrifty, and prone to doing a lot of research has ordered a fair amount of stuff from thrive market in the past 6 months or so. I don't know whether she still does, to be honest, but I know she was quite happy with them at one point.

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

It seems kind of petty. I don't believe in taking away a person's income just because their political or religious beliefs don't align with my own. 

Not to mention, it just proves their point that they are being persecuted as good, faithful Christians.  At least, in their minds.

• Love 1

Whether Jill or Jessa or any of them post 2 healthy recipes or 200 healthy recipes, I simply do not believe that their "support" for that vendor is legitimate. 

I think it's a desperate and transparent attempt for them to find ANY vendor that will allow them to shill for them.  The only companies I'd see them as credible to rep would be Krispy Kreme and Chick-Fil-A.  

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

So what is the deal with the "thrive" vs "thrive market"? I think I missed something in skimming through. I know my daughter, who is very health conscious. very thrifty, and prone to doing a lot of research has ordered a fair amount of stuff from thrive market in the past 6 months or so. I don't know whether she still does, to be honest, but I know she was quite happy with them at one point.

I don't think the two companies are related. But I earlier wrote just Thrive in my post (instead of Thrive Market), and so there's been a little bit of confusion as to which company the Duggars are shilling for. It's Thrive Market they're advertising.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

...You weren't right for an opportunity, but you weren't deprived of your opportunity to work for a living. 

Well said!

I am experiencing significant cognitive dissonance at the notion that any Duggar intends to work for a living, however.

Edited by jcbrown
cut off my added bold emphasis
  • LOL 8
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

Whether Jill or Jessa or any of them post 2 healthy recipes or 200 healthy recipes, I simply do not believe that their "support" for that vendor is legitimate. 

I think it's a desperate and transparent attempt for them to find ANY vendor that will allow them to shill for them.  The only companies I'd see them as credible to rep would be Krispy Kreme and Chick-Fil-A.  

Maybe home goods or hobby lobby. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Not to mention, it just proves their point that they are being persecuted as good, faithful Christians.  At least, in their minds.

I see no harm in not using a company that has different views than myself.  They certainly don't patronize establishments that go against their brand of fundy so people like me will not patronize companies that I find go against my beliefs.  Like the infamous baker or certain restaurants/food joints.  

Ben teaching the littles about recipes and food is a good thing.  I wonder if they know what peas look like before they are canned?  

• Love 9
7 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Perhaps Jill can sell a monthly box of beige processed foods, delivered to your doorstep with inspirational devotional books attached.

I'm not going to say I'd buy that (because I wouldn't), but I would so follow that whole theoretical train wreck with absolute fascination. 🙂 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm not going to say I'd buy that (because I wouldn't), but I would so follow that whole theoretical train wreck with absolute fascination. 🙂 

Beige Apron would be (relatively) low effort and is work at home, with a good profit margin. So, of course she won't do it. If only Jess were as industrious as she is image-obsessed.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I can't imagine Jessa crying and comforting anyone. Couldn't she have privately written Lauren a letter or kept this to herself?

Why write a whole essay to Lauren basically saying ,

"I know you wish you were still pregnant when all we do is talk about babies and being pregnant but you'll get yours soon. Oh, what you wouldn't give to be in our shoes!"

Just post your damn picture and GO!

• Love 23
8 hours ago, JoanArc said:

When you shill for a company, you become the face of their brand. The company chose to go with another, more palatable, angle for their brand. Actions have consequences, and no one is guaranteed a job. I don't want to to buy organic, fancy, artesian-caught, cruelty free (except for the asphyxiation) cans of tuna from someone who said child molestation wasn't a big deal.

It warms my black heart that the Duggars are still near-universally shunned. Looks like it's back to cut up hotdogs floating in cream soup for dinner. Perhaps Jill can sell a monthly box of beige processed foods, delivered to your doorstep with inspirational devotional books attached.

Yes, as the face of the brand they were just toxic. It would be different if they were working in Thrive Market's warehouse (not that they would ever actually do real work!) unless of course, they insisted on proselytizing to coworkers while on the job. Then I think they should be fired for that.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Bad enough she put such a private message on social media for all to see but to include a pregnancy picture is just mean & nasty. If she needed to include a picture, something like a butterfly or a star representing an angel in heaven would have been in better taste. 

She's the type who'll keep dropping little zingers to Lauren throughout the pregnancy.   "Oh Lauren, if you hadn't have had  the miscarriage, this could have been a double baby shower." 

Bingo!

• Love 13

Also, something else I noted, Jessa basically made it seem like she cried with Lauren and comforted her in her arms but in her letter Jessa talks about her morning sickness and wonders if Lauren had already felt the symptoms. If they were so close wouldn't they have shared those things with each other? 

I agree Lauren likes the attention and wants to be known as the grieving woman who lost her baby when in fact she announced super early and miscarried less than a month after that. There was no need to announce it, she could have done what Anna did and grieved privately. 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

I can't imagine Jessa crying and comforting anyone. Couldn't she have privately written Lauren a letter or kept this to herself?

Why write a whole essay to Lauren basically saying ,

"I know you wish you were still pregnant when all we do is talk about babies and being pregnant but you'll get yours soon. Oh, what you wouldn't give to be in our shoes!"

Just post your damn picture and GO!

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

ETA: There's no fucking excuse for this. She's a lousy lousy utterly self-absorbed person. As of now, on my "piece of crap" scale she's hovering in JB, M and Joshley territory. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
15 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Also, something else I noted, Jessa basically made it seem like she cried with Lauren and comforted her in her arms but in her letter Jessa talks about her morning sickness and wonders if Lauren had already felt the symptoms. If they were so close wouldn't they have shared those things with each other? 

I agree Lauren likes the attention and wants to be known as the grieving woman who lost her baby when in fact she announced super early and miscarried less than a month after that. There was no need to announce it, she could have done what Anna did and grieved privately. 

I agree about lauren wanting attention, and this is her "brand" within the duggar family right now. Just like Jinger's the "hip" one and Kendra is known for her honeymoon baby, lauren can take the slot of "grieving mother." It guarantees her attention since no one has had a miscarriage in a long time (and it makes me more sure that Jinger was using family planning, because if she'd struggled to get pregnant or miscarried, this would be the sensible time to open up). 

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I agree Lauren should’ve grieved privately,she also shouldn’t have announced her pregnancy so early! (Did no one tell her about the risks of announcing a early pregnancy?) I get she was excited but still I think she should’ve waited until about 3 months, I haven’t got any children but I think 3 months is a good time to announce, less likely to have a miscarriage? Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. Also as we’ve seen from clips on the show she announces her pregnancy to her family when she’s about 6 weeks pregnant? I’m guessing? If she had waited a bit longer to announce and had the miscarriage she could’ve grieved privately if that’s what she wanted instead of having to put that out on tlc, but because she announced the pregnancy she had to tell everyone about the miscarriage too, I just find that sad especially if she’s a private person. Don't even get me started on Jessa I think she should’ve posted herself and bump separate from the miscarriage post, so insensitive.

• Love 10

If Lauren announced Michelle’s party on 9/13, the stick really wasn’t dry yet.  I had a mid-June baby myself and the start date of my last period was 9/7.  Even pushing that up two weeks to compensate for a 6/1 due date is cutting it awfully close.  Lauren had to have announced her pregnancy at sub-4 weeks which is just insane to me.

Edited by Saylii
  • Love 21
42 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

ETA: There's no fucking excuse for this. She's a lousy lousy utterly self-absorbed person. As of now, on my "piece of crap" scale she's hovering in JB, M and Joshley territory. 

She always has been at their level in my book.

• Love 11