Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

Maybe she'll do flowers next.  I'd go with Rose, Violet, or Daisy.  I've always loved those names.  And there's also Lily and Iris.

My cats have flower names.  Lily is a tuxedo.  I couldn't decide what to call the silver tabby, so her name is Flora.  I could have named her Hyacinth--she is prim and proper like Hyacinth Bouquet, but with better people skills.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

But will she have books?

So she claims. She said something to the effect that she wants to foster reading. Of course, the books will be all biblical, with little to no "regular" choices. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Sad 5
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So she claims. She said something to the effect that she wants to foster reading. Of course, the books will be all biblical, with little to no "regular" choices. 

As a reader and a Christian this makes me sad. So limiting. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

My cats have flower names.  Lily is a tuxedo.  I couldn't decide what to call the silver tabby, so her name is Flora.  I could have named her Hyacinth--she is prim and proper like Hyacinth Bouquet, but with better people skills.

Now she wanted it pronounced Bouquet, but it was actually Bucket. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did Jessa say they're going to move her old house onto the TTH property?

She just said they planned to move it. They have tons of land parcels in need of a house. I expect it to go to one of those plots. It looks like the city is in contract with them for the land, maybe Jason will pay her for the actual house.

• Useful 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

I've kind of been thinking about what Jessa will name her next baby girl. I'm guessing she'll keep with the plant theme so I think these names may come up:

Briar: it's showing up on a lot of name lists lately although it may be too fairy tale for Jessa

Calla: a pretty flower name that flows better when it doesn't precede Lily.

Cicely: a pretty herb name

Clover: a type of ground cover much like Ivy and Fern

Juniper: a tree but 'June' names are becoming quite popular 

Laurel: probably too close to Lauren

Olive: it's a tree but it fits nicely with Ivy and Fern

Wisteria: probably not, but it's off-beat and pretty

I started reading an older series of romance books called Seven Brides (by Leigh Greenwood). All the brides have plant names, most mentioned here:  Rose, Fern, Iris, Laurel, Daisy, Violet, & Lily. I’m hoping at some point so one mentions “hey isn’t it weird that us brothers all married plant named ladies?”

I think the door shown with the dirt and/or marker is in their current/mold house if you’re talking about the part at the end. I remember it looking pretty rough. 
The new house is fine, although I find it bland. I don’t know if I like the idea of them just moving and telling Ben to come on over. Does he have any say in anything?  Half the time when Jessa said we, I just assumed she meant design buddy Jana. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Like 7

I watched it, and it was just as dull as all the others. A couple of thoughts.

She mentions "artwork" a couple of times. She has huge, blown-up photos of the kids, and Bible quotes hanging on the walls. That's fine, I guess, but she doesn't have any "art" on the walls. I'm not sure that she even knows what the word "art" means.

She spends an enormous amount of time talking about the appliances and entertaining space. She's having a huge table custom made so that there will be enough space to entertain another family of six. As far as I know, she never cooks, the kids forage for food, and they never entertain. Maybe she's thinking that they'll entertain more with the extra space, but I just don't think she's the type of person who enjoys entertaining.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8

Jessa's house looks pretty nice and much better than the older one.  I really disliked the color of the island cabinets, but didn't mind the marker on one of them.

From her new table discussion my opinion is that she is planning having two more kids, and then they will fit nicely at their table for eight.  And when company comes they will have the extra leaf and the island stools.  A card table or two would probably fit too.

I noticed one of the books on the bookshelf was about oceans, so they aren't all religious.  It was a book that I have seen at our library.

• Useful 4

Not to defend Jessa, and actually probably more to validate myself, but it took the pandemic for my husband and I to stop making house decisions based on the many, but few occasions we entertain and more purposely, not going by societal and generational norms.

Our dining room which was used maybe a dozen or so times a years is now a library. A kitchen cabinet that once held entertaining ware now houses tools. The bottom of our stairs now has a groovy bench and a place to hide shoes and hooks to hold coats (which I never did because I thought it to be to casual and public for that area). There's more... but we really did spend over a year making our us work for our specific needs.

Maybe Jessa thinks she'll need the space or maybe she thinks she should have the space, just like Jill thinks she needs a guest room, or maybe she's twisting it up because she wants this certain table. But I'll cut her slack on this because she's young and because I want some external validation. Lol

• Like 7
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

.I noticed one of the books on the bookshelf was about oceans, so they aren't all religious.  It was a book that I have seen at our library.

There were 7 or 8 books strewn on the shelf. I made out Oceans, Under the Sea and Sharks. Maybe they are preparing for a trip to the beach.😀

The pictures of the kids on the walls are nice. They are in color, a vast improvement over the old ones.

So, their city is building a police and fire station across the street from their old house. No wonder they wanted to move.🚒🚓🙉.

Someone is buying their land for an ambulance service which is why her brothers are going to move the house off of it. This must have been in the works for a while. I assume they will buy the new house when they get the money for the old house.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/6/2022 at 9:37 PM, jcbrown said:

I actually give her credit for asserting herself in refusing to have her first-ever kiss in a performative setting. I can't imagine what it is like for these incredibly sheltered young women to wake up on their wedding days never having done anything but hold hands and be expected to be sexually intimate by day's end. Particularly because Jessa is a survivor of FF's abuse, I totally get her wanting their first kiss to be private.

It was suspected that Jessa and Ben already had their first kiss way before their wedding day.  So, they couldn't in all good conscience go along with the ruse.  

The day after their wedding, Derek remarked that it felt strange to go from never being alone with Jill, to sleeping in the same bed.  

• Like 5
(edited)

She said something to the effect that she wants to foster reading. Of course, the books will be all biblical, with little to no "regular" choices. 

We've seen the kids get non-religious books as birthday gifts before. Didn't one of the boys even get a dinosaur book at one point, or am I misremembering that?

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

We've seen the kids get non-religious books as birthday gifts before. Didn't one of the boys even get a dinosaur book at one point, or am I misremembering that?

Were humans riding the dinos? Because these young earth creationists believe that they roamed the earth together. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 2

Chiming in on the flower / plant names for future baby girls:  

Clover goes really well with Ivy and Fern. Same theme but different enough in mouth feel to not be too  same/same.

I could also see Rosemary, Viola and Camille fitting in.

• Like 2
(edited)

I’m all for kids feeling comfortable playing in their own home, but that house is going to be just as trashed as the kitchen door at the mold house before long 

Edited by Totally
  • Like 4
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Totally said:

I’m all for kids feeling comfortable playing in their own home, but that house is going to be just as trashed as the kitchen door at the mold house before long 

I agree, there was even a kid riding a bike in the background. The Duggars are all about "character qualities" so I'm not sure why respecting the home they live in doesn't count. But they were raised treating the TTH as a playground and Jessa seems hellbent in repeating her childhood for her kids, so there's that.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

There were 7 or 8 books strewn on the shelf. I made out Oceans, Under the Sea and Sharks. Maybe they are preparing for a trip to the beach.😀

The pictures of the kids on the walls are nice. They are in color, a vast improvement over the old ones.

So, their city is building a police and fire station across the street from their old house. No wonder they wanted to move.🚒🚓🙉.

Someone is buying their land for an ambulance service which is why her brothers are going to move the house off of it. This must have been in the works for a while. I assume they will buy the new house when they get the money for the old house.

I presume one of the brothers is also going to buy the house and then flip it, probably after adding an owner's suite.  Otherwise, I don't see why anyone would want that tiny little crackerbox; let alone want to pay to move it to a new lot when it would be cheaper and simpler to build a brand new, much nicer home on an empty lot.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

People often move houses due to sentimental reasons.   Wasn't this house once owned by Grandma?  Wasn't it Sex Pest and Anna's first home?   Was this the toilet-birth house?

Yes, grandma sold it to Jessa.  However, Grandma lived many other places over the years.  As for Sex-Pest and Anna, neither one could afford to purchase the house, let alone move it.  I doubt it's any sort of sentiment leading to the move.  From what Jessa said, it sounds like the house will be sold once it is moved; she didn't mention any sentimental attachment or need to keep it in the family and I don't think Jessa is the sentimental type anyway.

I noticed the kids' toys, including bikes, strewn about the new house and agree that the floors will be ruined sooner than later which should distract people from noticed the permanent marker on the kitchen cabinets.

As far as the dining room, Ben is now a preacher and the house is owned by his church which is on the same piece of land.  Perhaps he is expected to host some church related events at his home once they are settled.  I'm just a heathen Catholic, but I have been invited to gatherings, including meals, at the home of the priests at my parish as part of my participation in various church-related committees and events.  So, maybe Jessa needs a big table for the bimonthly church board meeting which she will have catered by Chik Fil A.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

People often move houses due to sentimental reasons.   Wasn't this house once owned by Grandma?  Wasn't it Sex Pest and Anna's first home?   Was this the toilet-birth house?

Yes, I believe its all those things - maybe not the toilet birth.

Moving houses is almost impossible in my area. Between powerlines, utility poles and trees, there isn't much room. Plus you have pull a zillion permits before you even start.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Moving houses is almost impossible in my area. Between powerlines, utility poles and trees, there isn't much room. Plus you have pull a zillion permits before you even start.

Well the Duggars like to buy used and do things a little bit different, so to them moving the mold house is no big deal. Permits? Who needs that? We will probably see a video soon of James or Jase with one of their huge trucks hauling the mold house to TTH.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2

the mold house is about 7 miles from the tth and also about 7 miles from the property Jackson has in an llc near the landfill, so there's a possibility as well. If i remember correctly Jackson's property is 10 acres or so with a really ancient mobile home.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Well the house looks much nicer than mold house. I wonder if Big Birtha is making the move to their new home.

The video thumbnail shows a new sofa, but the old one may be there too.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yes on the toilet birth. Maybe not the same toilet, though, since the bathroom was updated before Benessa moved in. 

It was originally purchased by Meech's dad and then sold to Mary, who rented it out. She never lived there.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Notabug said:

Yes, grandma sold it to Jessa.  However, Grandma lived many other places over the years.  As for Sex-Pest and Anna, neither one could afford to purchase the house, let alone move it.  I doubt it's any sort of sentiment leading to the move.  From what Jessa said, it sounds like the house will be sold once it is moved; she didn't mention any sentimental attachment or need to keep it in the family and I don't think Jessa is the sentimental type anyway.

I noticed the kids' toys, including bikes, strewn about the new house and agree that the floors will be ruined sooner than later which should distract people from noticed the permanent marker on the kitchen cabinets.

As far as the dining room, Ben is now a preacher and the house is owned by his church which is on the same piece of land.  Perhaps he is expected to host some church related events at his home once they are settled.  I'm just a heathen Catholic, but I have been invited to gatherings, including meals, at the home of the priests at my parish as part of my participation in various church-related committees and events.  So, maybe Jessa needs a big table for the bimonthly church board meeting which she will have catered by Chik Fil A.

I'm not a huge fan of "open concept" houses. They're pretty, and they photograph nicely, but I just can't see how this would work.

How is Ben going to be able to entertain a group from the church when there is no private space and the kids are riding their bikes through the living room? For that matter, how are parishoners going to feel about children riding their bikes indoors in a house owned by the church?

Jessa mentioned having a bench on one side of their dining room table because "you can stuff a lot of kids on a bench." I'm sure you can, but that doesn't mean that they'll stay there. I can see the Seewald kids crawling under the table to "get more milk" or whatever on a pretty regular basis and Jessa's response being something like "haha, kids! Am I right?" I'm not sure guests are going to be thrilled to have small Seewalds crawling past them at dinner . . .

Ben and Jessa have four kids -- that's not a lot of kids (it's four too many for Ben and Jessa, but not an insane number of kids). Jessa already parents like there are 12+ kids and there's just not much she can do to control the situation. I don't see any of this going over well with parishoners who might well have four kids at home without the chaos of the Seewald household.

It's possible the Ben and Jessa will be buying this house from the church, and the church community will have no more interest in the chaotic Seewald household than normal church busybodies, but -- as we've discussed over and over -- that doesn't really make any sense.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Notabug said:

I presume one of the brothers is also going to buy the house and then flip it, probably after adding an owner's suite.  Otherwise, I don't see why anyone would want that tiny little crackerbox; let alone want to pay to move it to a new lot when it would be cheaper and simpler to build a brand new, much nicer home on an empty lot.

There was a show called Texas Flip N' Move in which several teams of flippers bought dinky houses at auction, moved them, fixed them up, and sold them, mostly to people who wanted houses for lakeside plots they owned or guest houses at their existing  residence -- at which point they were moved again. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

There was a show called Texas Flip N' Move in which several teams of flippers bought dinky houses at auction, moved them, fixed them up, and sold them, mostly to people who wanted houses for lakeside plots they owned or guest houses at their existing  residence -- at which point they were moved again. 

i LOVED that show!!! i met those gals (the snow sisters) and they are lovely. they just lost their dad very recently after losing their mother last year. 

on topic, ummmm.......has jessa or anyone else announced a pregnancy in the ast little while?

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, zoomama said:

i LOVED that show!!! i met those gals (the snow sisters) and they are lovely. they just lost their dad very recently after losing their mother last year. 

It was interesting and entertaining because it was so different from all the standard home shows

• Love 2

I like the house video overall.  I like plants, but to me….why have a big plant to just have a plant?  Imo, the plant should look nice and not just be  something to fill in space.  I don’t see the point of that larger planter on her island.  I prefer clean lines.

I wonder if Jessa just finds it easier to let the kids scatter things all over the place, rather than insist that they keep toys to certain areas or rooms.  

The placement of that electrical box was odd.  There’s a lot of labor putting up a fence.  Her brothers are very generous.  

• Like 3

I will admit that I do not keep up on the Jessa news so this is probably very old news. It is all I can do to keep up on the ff news. My question is: when Jessa was first married, didn't she mention adoption after having a few kids? Did that past by the wayside? I know it was a long time ago, but she is already on her 4th child. What did I miss? 

• Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, js9548 said:

I will admit that I do not keep up on the Jessa news so this is probably very old news. It is all I can do to keep up on the ff news. My question is: when Jessa was first married, didn't she mention adoption after having a few kids? Did that past by the wayside? I know it was a long time ago, but she is already on her 4th child. What did I miss? 

She’s a liar. She thought it made her and Bin look dogly, selfless, and virtuous to consider adoption, but they never intended to do so, imo. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 11
  • Love 9

I guess Bin & Jessa thought all these women would want to give their babies to them to adopt since they are best parents ever? Jessa probably didn’t realize there was a process to follow, including a home study and loads of forms. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 4

So, I can assume from reading your responses that Jessa never explained what happened to adoption after initially mentioning it. Thaks, I thought I missed something. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I guess Bin & Jessa thought all these women would want to give their babies to them to adopt since they are best parents ever? Jessa probably didn’t realize there was a process to follow, including a home study and loads of forms. 

And financial stability.

Aren't we all lucky that every impractical or silly thought, idea, plan or notion we had in our early twenties is not documented?

• Like 7
38 minutes ago, CherryBelly said:

Yes! I had a tonne of dumb or unrealistic or unpractical ideas. Luckily they weren't captured on film for people to keep talking about years later.

I also had a lot of drunken escapades and unwise romantic/ sexual entanglements. Even though that wouldn't apply to the Duggars, I'm still very glad I wasn't in my teens/early 20s with social media how it is now.

Same, but I still wasn’t a manipulative liar like Jessa. 

• Like 5
  • Love 8
(edited)

Well I can say my kids have had out there ideas and they've had a couple of drunken escapades, but they don't put that shit on SM. All the Duggars have shared stuff on SM that hasn't necessarily been on the show. Maybe not adopting, but certainly things like teasing twins or having barefoot toddlers in a rusty truck or kids climbing on rolling toys, etc. So IMO, they're not totally blameless.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 4
  • Love 5

It's one thing to have a "dumb" idea, and it's another thing to openly lie about proceeding with that idea. It's plausible that Jessa was lying about adopting since she still appears to hold on to some IBLP type beliefs, but it's also plausible that Jessa intended to go through with it at the time before realizing what it all entailed. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 7/9/2022 at 12:32 AM, LavendarRose said:

Chiming in on the flower / plant names for future baby girls:  

Clover goes really well with Ivy and Fern. Same theme but different enough in mouth feel to not be too  same/same.

I could also see Rosemary, Viola and Camille fitting in.

I’m going with.. 

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme. 🎶

• Like 2
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I’m going with.. 

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme. 🎶

Love this!

But I doubt the woman who bakes the stove manual has ever heard of parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme - the seasonings or the song.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Love this!

But I doubt the woman who bakes the stove manual has ever heard of parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme - the seasonings or the song.

Ha. Do you think she knows where Scarborough is? Or even how to pronounce it?

• LOL 9