Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Mollie said:

The company lists five locations, all in Arkansas.

According to Justin Young's LinkedIn entry, he was the manager (Store Leader) of the Tacos 4 Life restaurant in Fayetteville for one year, beginning in June, 2015.  Then he worked for the company as Director of New Store Openings for seven months.  He has worked as Operations Leader – whatever that is – for the past six months.

Therefore, I presume that he does not own a franchise.  According to the corporate website, "The total initial investment necessary to begin operation of a Tacos 4 Life franchise ranges from $585,000 – $825,000."  I sincerely doubt that Justin has that kind of money.  Before he started working in the food industry as an intern for Tyson Foods, he owned his own lawn care business (2006 – 2010).

Given his age, that lawn care business was his after school job, like Lawson Bates, who started his when he was about 13.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't like wearing shoes indoors, so I'm not going to snark on the bare feet. However, I do realize that the TTH is really filthy, and that the Duggars themselves, do not bathe often, so I'm not sure how I would feel going barefoot in that house.

Yes, I agree.  I never wear shoes in someone's home (my own or otherwise), and in the summer, it's not unusual to be barefoot in my home.  I was always taught to remove my shoes whenever I'm in someone's house, so I'm willing to give Jessa a rare pass on this one (considering the TTH is basically her home).  

That being said, given the filthiness of the Duggar floors, I would probably feel the need to wear shoes, especially on the main floor.  With all the comings and goings, it's basically like a public building.

• Love 6
(edited)

Hyacinth Bucket (Keeping Up Appearances) made people take off their shoes when entering her house.  Of course, her house floors were impeccably clean unlike the Duggars.  I don't think she would approve of people having bare feet. Socks would be required.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

This floor thing is so out of my range of thinking.  I do not even have one single pair of shoes in my house.  I have a shoe shelf in my garage right by the door, and shoes stay outside the door, and slippers are inside the door.  The thought of "shoe germs" in my house drives me nuts.  Why would anyone want all that stuff on their floors and rugs? Especially since "spitting" on the ground has become so "acceptable".  YUCK!

I live in New York City, and periodically I think to myself, "Eventually there is going to be some Stephen King "The Stand"-type virus spread by saliva that wipes out the entire world and I'm going to be in the epicenter, right?"  At one point I literally saw a young man in a suit on the sidewalk in the epicenter of the business district, bent over like he was giving birth in a field trying to hork out his hank of phlegm.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Mollie said:

The company lists five locations, all in Arkansas.

According to Justin Young's LinkedIn entry, he was the manager (Store Leader) of the Tacos 4 Life restaurant in Fayetteville for one year, beginning in June, 2015.  Then he worked for the company as Director of New Store Openings for seven months.  He has worked as Operations Leader – whatever that is – for the past six months.

Therefore, I presume that he does not own a franchise.  According to the corporate website, "The total initial investment necessary to begin operation of a Tacos 4 Life franchise ranges from $585,000 – $825,000."  I sincerely doubt that Justin has that kind of money.  Before he started working in the food industry as an intern for Tyson Foods, he owned his own lawn care business (2006 – 2010).

Wow. That is not cheap. 

Tacos 4 Life donates 22 cents for every 5 dollarish taco they sell. Enjoy your millet, starving children!

• Love 5
On 5/28/2017 at 1:29 PM, Mollie said:

According to their posts on LinkedIn, her husband runs the social media for Tacos 4 Life and she is a stay-at-home mom.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-young-75722035

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kristennicoleyoung

Kristin's profile indicates that she indeed did run social media from 10/14 - 5/16, which is about the time her kid was born. This timeline coincides with the deletions of posts and banning of posters on the FB page. 

Peas in a pod, she, Sierra, and Jessa. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Kristin's profile indicates that she indeed did run social media from 10/14 - 5/16, which is about the time her kid was born. This timeline coincides with the deletions of posts and banning of posters on the FB page. 

Birds of a feather . . .  They come from far and near to flock around the Duggar compound, hoping to be noticed by the Duggar fan base.  

• Love 1

Well, Justin and Kristin have moved to Conway, a two hour drive AWAY from the Duggars since he took the new, nebulous position at T4L HQ. But I've seen enough photo evidence on IG that they did bible studies together, along with Marjorie Jackson before she went off to college, to know that despite the move, this is a tight little "Christian" Mean Girl clique. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, Justin and Kristin have moved to Conway, a two hour drive AWAY from the Duggars since he took the new, nebulous position at T4L HQ. But I've seen enough photo evidence on IG that they did bible studies together, along with Marjorie Jackson before she went off to college, to know that despite the move, this is a tight little "Christian" Mean Girl clique. 

And Sierra, Marjorie and Kristin were all seeking to financially profit from being in-with-the-Duggars.  They all got some TLC appearances and $$$, as well as more Duggar fans becoming clients of their own businesses.  These don't sound like real friendships to me, at least not the kind of friendships I have or want to have.

• Love 5

I am always barefoot in my own home also.  

No shoes in my house due to life threatening food allergies (what if you step on an allergen and bring it in my home???).  If we have a party, people wear shoes and I put socks on my daughter, tell her to stay off of the floor and then scrub floors when they leave. 

But the Dugg House is not exactly spotless AND there are a hundred people already wearing shoes already.  There are pictures being taken all over that are going to be posted on social media.   Put on some nice shoes.  YOU HAVE A CONFERENCE ON MODEST DRESSING COMING UP IN FOUR WEEKS. DRESS LIKE IT!!!    

• Love 7

Back to Jessa. I've always wondered why she never demanded that Boob give her the bigger house since Jill was "away." Princess Prickly Pear seems meek to me if she hasn't asked Boob for all the money she is owned from the years of the horse and pony show.

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Back to Jessa. I've always wondered why she never demanded that Boob give her the bigger house since Jill was "away." Princess Prickly Pear seems meek to me if she hasn't asked Boob for all the money she is owned from the years of the horse and pony show.

Jill was never really 'away'; she was always back and forth.  Besides that, the house is used to film a lot of the TLC interviews and to house who knows how many visitors from time to time.  

Ben and Jessa are already looking for another house.  They've got to make room for baby #3, which is, no doubt, soon to come.  In the meantime, they've just stashed their money or invested it in rental houses or places we don't know about.  Grandma Mary's house that they live in now is really close to the Duggar compound and I think that's why they are there more than any other reason.  Maybe they'll move out soon and turn the house over to Joe and Kendra.

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

She'd have to clean that huge house. 

• Love 7

I think Jessa is shrewd most times.  There is a reason she took the Mold House so easily. Maybe because it's close to the compound and she would get free babysitting?  Maybe because it's a sure thing and Jill's house seems more "up in the air" whether Jim Bob might actually sell it? 

There is a reason why she happily accepted the house. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They're a tribe.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

If she up and demanded her share from Boob, I don't think she'd have a free house anymore. 

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

They're a tribe.

I know. I was writing my thesis. :D 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, lizzie3 said:

Yes, I agree.  I never wear shoes in someone's home (my own or otherwise), and in the summer, it's not unusual to be barefoot in my home.  I was always taught to remove my shoes whenever I'm in someone's house, so I'm willing to give Jessa a rare pass on this one (considering the TTH is basically her home).  

That being said, given the filthiness of the Duggar floors, I would probably feel the need to wear shoes, especially on the main floor.  With all the comings and goings, it's basically like a public building.

I'm another who doesn't like wearing shoes in general, and am often barefoot both outdoors and in my own home. At other people's homes I follow whatever they seem to be comfortable`with. and despite reading a lot of posts both here and in other places where the subject has come up where people are just aghast at the idea of bare feet, I think there really are a lot of quite cultured and educated people who don't much care one way or the other. Yesterday, for example, we were at a party at the home of a three-star admiral who has been a good friend for years. Lots of people there...casual (Aloha) attire. My feet were hurting because we had just`walked about a mile to get there and I was wearing wedge sandals. Once I noticed at least a half-dozen other women, including the hostess (and a number of men as well), were barefoot, you can believe those sandals were ditched quickly.  People were wandering in and out...It only occurs to me to give it all a second thought when I read threads like this and realize that it truly is a big thing for a lot of people.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm another who doesn't like wearing shoes in general, and am often barefoot both outdoors and in my own home. At other people's homes I follow whatever they seem to be comfortable`with. and despite reading a lot of posts both here and in other places where the subject has come up where people are just aghast at the idea of bare feet, I think there really are a lot of quite cultured and educated people who don't much care one way or the other. Yesterday, for example, we were at a party at the home of a three-star admiral who has been a good friend for years. Lots of people there...casual (Aloha) attire. My feet were hurting because we had just`walked about a mile to get there and I was wearing wedge sandals. Once I noticed at least a half-dozen other women, including the hostess (and a number of men as well), were barefoot, you can believe those sandals were ditched quickly.  People were wandering in and out...It only occurs to me to give it all a second thought when I read threads like this and realize that it truly is a big thing for a lot of people.

I don't wear shoes in my house either.  I like my toes to be free.  :-)

• Love 6

I like the idea of being barefoot ,  but if I am going to be on my feet ant amount  of time  I need shoes on or I will be in pain . I also am a little  weirded out about germs on bare feet. Right now I am trying  to recover  from athletes  feet, do not know where I picked it up so as odd as  it sounds  the germs brought  in on shoes do not bother  me as much as the germs on feet.

My toes prefer to be free too so generally no shoes in my house either. If I could get away with it I'd never wear them. Until God made Crocs my shoes were shucked at the door and I was barefoot until the next day. Now I'll slide on my Crocs on a chilly day so the feets stay warm - close enough to barefoot for me.

• Love 4

We never wear outside shoes indoors. There's a chair right inside the door to sit and remove them and a shoe rack. I get bad back and hip and feet pains going barefeet, so I do the Mr. Rogers thing and put on indoor shoes. Especially for long bouts of prepping food and cleaning.

The Duggars' TTH has a fancy in wall vacuum and mop system, and the Howler Monkeys were shown on one episode to take care of the floors.  There is no reason those floors should be so filthy, especially knowing company was coming.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Totally said:

Am I the only person here who wears slippers? I come home shoes come off slippies go on

nope - i am right there with ya! slippers always, never barefoot.

• Love 5
(edited)

Well, if she holds to form, she won't get pregnant for a couple more months. End of August would be pee stick time. She didn't announce last time until 16 weeks, even though we all figured it out well before that on the NYC trip last July. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

I like barefoot but we don't take our shoes off at the door. We don't get sick much except for big things like breast cancer, (me) heart attack and stroke (him) and I don't think the shoes have much to do with it. We do clean the floors. Our socks or feet don't get dirty. But I digress. I watched one of the shows where Jana was cleaning the floors with one of those spray and mop gizmos. The pad was filthy. I'm guessing  she didn't change the pad often or at all so she was basically spreading the dirt around. 

• Love 2

She was using a Swiffer, which I hate, because I find they leave tile floors too sticky. My best investment was a steam mop. Cleans great, no chemicals needed and kills all the bacteria. 

Jessa being barefoot in the TTH normally wouldn't bother me if it was just a regular day, but I'd feel awkward being so casual at such a large gathering, especially if I didn't know half the people there (which is likely in this case). 

• Love 2

That's not problem as well. She still practically lives there and is a Duggar. She should be a better representative of her parents, who are the hosts. Sure, change out of that office wear, but at least put on a decent top, not some tee you bought in Waco.

• Love 2

I have to admit, I don't give barefoot Jessa a second thought: It's her childhood home, the party went late and she likes to be barefoot. The germs! Pfft, let the kids eat a little dirt it's good for them. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, sometimesy said:

I have to admit, I don't give barefoot Jessa a second thought: It's her childhood home, the party went late and she likes to be barefoot. The germs! Pfft, let the kids eat a little dirt it's good for them. 

Frankly, I'm with you all the way here. I realize that there are such things as compromised immunity, allergies, and just the random antibiotic-resistant bacteria which can become  life-threatening issue, but, call me naive, I've been lucky thus far and prefer to hedge my bets on the side of keeping my immune system on its toes and hoping that none of the really frightening stuff happens to attack. It seems to have been a good approach so far,

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

As for the dirty bare feet thing, this came into my inbox.  Apparently, going barefoot is a New Age yoga woo woo thing called "earthing."  The Duggars are cool, Y'all!

I actually saw this same article some time ago and found it very validating. I think it's something I always kind of felt or believed without actually having a word for it or any real definition or reason. It just kind of IS.  I guess it's one thing that I've never really been able to snark on the Duggars for. Feet are meant to get dirty in my world. I do recommend washing them a bit more often than they seem to, though....

• Love 1
(edited)

Jessa has a Modesty Conference coming up this month.  She probably saw 500 to 1000 people at the wedding. There was  a ton of pictures.  Looking sharp would be a great advertisement for your "Modern Modest" concept. 

I'm being serious too.  Jessa is a "star" in certain circles.  She could get a blog going and have a side hustle of Modern Modest.  Instead, we have Duggar Sloppy  :(   WITH a fashion/modest speech coming up in a month. 

How stupid is that?  An opportunity just blown away just like all the other opportunities blown away for these Duggs. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 16
18 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Jessa has a Modesty Conference coming up this month.  She probably saw 500 to 1000 people at the wedding. There was  a ton of pictures.  Looking sharp would be a great advertisement for your "Modern Modest" concept. 

I'm being serious too.  Jessa is a "star" in certain circles.  She could get a blog going and have a side hustle of Modern Modest.  Instead, we have Duggar Sloppy  :(   WITH a fashion/modest speech coming up in a month. 

How stupid is that?  An opportunity just blown away just like all the other opportunities blown away for these Duggs. 

It's amazing, isn't it? Shows what happens when you've been taught that you have something special to offer just because of the family you're born into. She doesn't even try to hustle. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Laziness? It would entail Jessa thinking ahead of time, and coordinating outfits. Why do that when you can look like a bag lady, snap a selfie, and thousands of leg humpers will still idolize you. The Duggar kids have not been raised to be think ahead folks. They stand around and still get (not earn) a paycheck. 

Tomorrow is my daughter's last day of fourth grade.  The honor roll ceremony is in a few hours. She has known about making honor roll for a week, yet she worked on another summary for her advanced language arts class. She will also turn one more in tomorrow, even though her teacher said it was not necessary. I love my child above everything, but she is not a genius. Her father and I have taught her that hard work will take her places. It's not easy, as she is a normal, at times lazy child. She does not watch TV, and no electronic devices Monday through Thursday. That means we adults are restricted from said things until she goes to bed (I cheat while she is at school). We are not wonderful parents, we just want to provide her with a solid foundation, then let her find her bliss. Sorry for the shameless gushing, but damn, kids need our time. We are not supposed to breed them, wean them, then release them at six months. 

Really sorry about that rant. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 24
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

The older Duggar sisters could be filthy rich right now if they had the brains to market themselves or to connect with people who do.  Compare them to the Kardashians/Jenners, who started their reality TV show about the same time in 2007.  Those five sisters parlayed their fame into multi-million dollar fortunes by launching their own clothing lines (including lines for kids and babies), video games, mobile apps, tanning lotion, perfume, makeup, jewelry, hair extensions, nail polish and boutiques.  They even started a community church, of all things for them to do.

There are a thousand things the Duggar sisters could have done.  But didn't.  All they have ever done outside of the show is book a few, odd speaking engagements, re-launch their ghost-written book, and play a sorry violin.

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Mollie said:

The older Duggar sisters could be filthy rich right now if they had the brains to market themselves or to connect with people who do.  Compare them to the Kardashians/Jenners, who started their reality TV show about the same time in 2007.  Those five sisters parlayed their fame into multi-million dollar fortunes by launching their own clothing lines (including lines for kids and babies), video games, mobile apps, tanning lotion, perfume, makeup, jewelry, hair extensions, nail polish and boutiques.  They even started a community church, of all things for them to do.

There are a thousand things the Duggar sisters could have done.  But didn't.  All they have ever done outside of the show is book a few, odd speaking engagements, re-launch their ghost-written book, and play a sorry violin.

But their fame was orchestrated by Pimp Mama Kris - originating in the deal to release Kim's sex tape. 

Maybe the Duggar girls should contact Kris. It would be interesting to watch her try to pimp these young women out without nudity and scores of plastic surgery. 

• Love 11

The Duggars are also a herd, not a family. I loathe those pictures of the parents holding hands in front, the kids following like ducklings.  Boob and Mullet not once glancing back. Their brand is the spectacle they love to make when they are all together. Add Anna, three SILs, grandkids, and they are replacing Barnum and Bailey as the biggest freak show on earth.

If the parents had bothered to provide a good education, a sense of individuality, a fucking bedtime, and a sense of responsibility, the four oldest would be raking in the $$$$. But Boob will never allow that to happen. 

• Love 13
31 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

But their fame was orchestrated by Pimp Mama Kris - originating in the deal to release Kim's sex tape. 

Maybe the Duggar girls should contact Kris. It would be interesting to watch her try to pimp these young women out without nudity and scores of plastic surgery. 

I bet Kris could do an amazing job. 

I hate the Kardashians but I give Kris a lot of credit.  She is one bad ass manager. 

• Love 9
(edited)

We usually get a picture when we're all together. And they're usually mostly bloopers and one good one. Here's the good one. Find your tribe, y'all. 

Finally found the photo that's causing such a posting firestorm. Nice outfit Jessa, a sports Tshirt and knit skirt.  Sierra, as usual, boggles the mind that she is not 45. The chick on the left has 100x worse posture than when my Mother used to crack me across the back to sit up straight ("round shouldered" it was called when I was growing up in the 17th century).  What kills me the most are these Teva-type sports sandals.  Don't these chicks know that those shoes are beloved of Lesbians Around the World???

Someone said that this was after/during the wedding? If I was given a cup of red dye #2 punch and a transparent slice of cake for schlepping there with a gift, I wouldn't dress any better either...

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 4
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I bet Kris could do an amazing job. 

I hate the Kardashians but I give Kris a lot of credit.  She is one bad ass manager. 

Bad ass manager, meh as a mom, if not outright trash. I'm aging myself but I read Faye Resnick's book about Nicole Simpson and she pretty much outlined how she, Kris and Faye were party girls snorting coke and cavorting with toy boys, even with the kids in tow. It's also pretty much an open secret that she cheated on Robert throughout their marriage, including with Caitlyn Jenner who she married within a month of her divorce from Robert being finalized. She's also commonly referred to as "Pimp Mama Kris" on gossip blogs for the exploitative way she's been able to market her daughters' sex lives into a high earning business.

Kris, JB and Michelle are actually very similar; they both make money off of their daughters and their sexuality, just on two opposite ends of the spectrum.  

Edited by ChaChaSlide
  • Love 16