Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On 12/22/2021 at 4:51 PM, VioletWitch said:

Seewald Family Christmas

I finally got around to watching the video after reading all of your comments about it.  In Jessa and Ben’s defense, they all ate bunch of junk food at the Xmas light show, and it was already past their bedtime, so I can kind of give them a pass on the “steak only” meal.  If I had been the parent, I would’ve fed them a well-balanced steak dinner BEFORE going to the light show, but we’re talking about Jessa here so… 😏  Like Ivy, I was also the kid who liked to eat the tender fat on a steak.  Fern is a cutie pie!  Ben seemed to be in a much better mood than normal.  Maybe Jessa promised him sex later that night.  It’s too bad they didn’t put warm gloves on the kids.  I was surprised that each child only got one gift.  Henry didn’t even get a toy! 😢 Regarding parenthood, I think that Jessa and Ben wing it just enough to get by.

• Love 16

The Christmas video:

• I think the entire video was bullshit. A made up 'tradition' filmed for clicks.
  • They forgot to give Jessa a gift.
  • Those poor kids, I'm sure if Jessa hadn't been filming them at the light show, they would have been in the car driving home long before Henry's hands got cold.
  • I noticed three places in the video where Jessa didn't quite edit out Ben showing his irritation. 

As far as the steak - I thought it was an interesting choice considering we have half a page discussing a steak only meal in Jed's(?) thread. Hi, Jessa!

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
57 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah I feel like they say a lot more about Jessa than they do Spurgeon, to be honest. Especially since I don't believe he actually says most, if not all, of them. Even if he does say them, she clearly can't read a room well enough to realize they sound off and/or lacks the storytelling abilities to make it funny and not unsettling. 

37 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I believe the sayings are true, just highly (and poorly) edited by Jessa. I bet the kids probably do say some cute things, as most do, but Jessa's idea of what is quotable is off.

Agreed. I think she's choosing to quote and possibly embellish -- Overall it's Jessa doing a disservice to Spurgeon here. I'm sure he says lots of things that aren't creepy - but we aren't hearing those things. The "poor girl suffocating in plastic" didn't have to be highlighted and captioned for clarity!

• Love 13

Jesse is so bland and always seems to be trying too hard to make the scenes work. Her voice is monotone and just off for some reason. Poor kids shouldn't have to be the money makers in the house but that is all she knows thanks to her crazy parents. Ben doesn't engage when the camera is on him. What was that about eating the fatted calf while Ivy chewed that piece standing up the whole time. Its weird. 

• Love 15
18 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I am increasingly uncomfortable with the painting of Spurge as a demon child/damien etc. many here think Jessa's posts of "#thesayingsof.." are fake or embellished.

Also just because he is related to Josh has no relevance to the behavior/demeanor of a 6 yr old. it seems unfair to snark about evil intent or predictions for future crime. he is just a small child.

What I wrote about Spurgeon was not snark, but genuine concern that something about him needed attention.  If he indeed did say those things, which is questionable, he may need some sort of help.  I don't know what kind of help is available, but I think he needs to be responded to in a way that redirects him, rather than just posting it on social media.

If he is given a heavy dose of fire and brimstone bible stories, it could contribute to many negative things.  These people are oblivious.

• Love 22

Many years ago, people speculated that John David had Asperger's. I don't think JD has it, but if anyone in the Duggar family is on the spectrum, I suspect it's Jessa. Monotone voice, not "reading a room" even by fundie standards in terms of what she posts, very limited emotion in either direction. Probably ascribes to religion even more than the others because it is rules and structure for how to behave.

• Useful 16
  • Love 6
On 12/23/2021 at 9:52 AM, Suzn said:

If Spurgeon is in fact actually saying these things, I would be concerned.  There is something creepy, menacing and off about his preoccupation with violence.

I don't believe Spurgeon is saying these things anymore than I believe Ivy even knows the word 'paparazzi'. Jessa makes this shit up b/c she thinks it makes her kids sound like they're smarter and more mature than they are. 

I also haven't ever seen any video that shows Spurgeon doing anything creepy, scary, or Damian-like. In the videos he acts like a typical oldest brother, more verbal, better fine motor skills, and a bit bossy; all age appropriate behavior. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
22 hours ago, Boston said:

No side dishes and nothing to dunk the steak in for the kids.  Good job.  (I say this as an adult who likes to dip my steak in ketchup or steak sauce),  Geez, she couldn't make mashed potatoes and broccoli/snap peas/corn.. ugh.

Yeah, even JillRod opened a couple of cans of corn for Christmas dinner last year to go along with her burnt ham & cheesy potato mess.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Zella said:

Truthfully, I feel bad for Spurgeon. His mother is setting him up to be an obnoxious little asshole and very well may be inventing most of what is attributed to him, and since he's so isolated from other influences, he'll never have any counteracting influence and will just think what Jessa encourages is normal. 

And he'll learn that life is boring as all heck. .... Which won't exactly inspire him to do anything except say or do stuff that raises some eyebrows and gets Jessa to post it for invisible strangers. 

He's not being allowed to see or hear about -- let alone personally explore -- any of the world's possibilities except endless rounds of readings from the Old Testament and the opportunity to be the first to find Ivy crawling into the refrigerator. No friends, few books, endless meetings with a bunch of dead-eyed relatives. 

Poor guy. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I guess Spurge picked this one up from all the fire and brimstone. Oh Jessa...

FB_IMG_1640379547157.jpg

Now I think that one's definitely a Jessa invention. .... And if it is, she's heard too damned much Old Testament reading, too, with no salutary doses of anything else, it seems like. 

And if it is Spurge....his parents are telling him way too many unfunny Old-Testament jokes. Yeesh. 

Surely Bin and Jessa must be bored out of their minds, too, right? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

I don't believe Spurgeon is saying these things anymore than I believe Ivy even knows the word 'paparazzi'. Jessa makes this shit up b/c she thinks it makes her kids sound like they're smarter and more mature than they are. 

I also haven't ever seen any video that shows Spurgeon doing anything creepy, scary, or Damian-like. In the videos he acts like a typical oldest brother, more verbal, better fine motor skills, and a bit bossy; all age appropriate behavior. 

I hope you're right.  If Jessa is making this shit up and posting it as clever things Spurgeon says, she's the one who needs help.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, VioletWitch said:

I predict a “big happy family” moment coming up soon since she’s losing the popularity contest amongst the married sisters. She didn’t seem to happy about the reaction to her last video 

Yeah, she had to shut off the comments. 

• LOL 4
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If ever there was a time to have a fire extinguisher handy...

I hope they didn't let Spurge have one. A candle, that is. That kid is obsessed with fire and explosions.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Rogue comma!
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

I predict a “big happy family” moment coming up soon since she’s losing the popularity contest amongst the married sisters. She didn’t seem to happy about the reaction to her last video 

She lost that contest years ago.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I know that this might not even happen because Ben doesn't seem to like Jessa anymore but I really believe that Jessa wants to be preggo again. It's kind of the only thing she seems to know how to do -- pop out kids.

I don't think Ben has liked Jessa much for a couple years now and it hasn't slowed the baby train.  I don't think feeling loving towards one another is part of the equation when it comes to doing the deed and having more kids.

It looks like both Ivy and Henry are holding lit candles.  Why would anyone think that was a good idea?

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 10

The Seewalds look like normal, modern people. Jessa looks homely. I wish a sister-in-law or her mother-in-law would pull her aside and explain that she can be conservative and modest without looking like she got dressed in 1890. I actually feel bad for her. 

• Love 17
6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I agree. With her coloring, she'd look spectacular in jewel tones.

I agree. I remember Jessa wore that raspberry colored bridesmaid dress for Jinger's wedding and she looked stunning. 

Looking at the pictures, it's a shame Bin and Jessa don't live closer to his family. The Seewalds seem like they adore the kids and would probably help Jessa out a lot. I think she'd be happier and not so overwhelmed.

• Love 18
26 minutes ago, Heathen said:

The Seewalds look like normal, modern people. Jessa looks homely. I wish a sister-in-law or her mother-in-law would pull her aside and explain that she can be conservative and modest without looking like she got dressed in 1890. I actually feel bad for her. 

I hope that none of them did. I think any advice given to Jessa goes over like a lead balloon.

She comes from a perfect family and knows everything there is to know about everything, and anyone who disagrees is a "hater" who doesn't know anything about her.

I agree that that dress is exceptionally unflattering, even by Duggar "modesty" standards.

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, scriggle said:

In the photo of Fern and the boys, it looks like she has a small bruise on the bridge of her nose.

She’s a toddler. When my kids were toddlers, there wasn’t a day that went by where they didn’t have a bruise somewhere. 😀

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It seems like a long time since Jessica Seewald has been in any family pictures. Did she move or something?

I can never keep his sisters straight, but is she the one who got divorced? If so, I can't imagine her parents being super happy about that, given their beliefs. 

Edited by Zella
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I can never keep his sisters straight, but is she the one who got divorced? If so, I can't imagine her parents being super happy about that, given their beliefs. 

She is. Now she is either engaged or remarried.

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It seems like a long time since Jessica Seewald has been in any family pictures. Did she move or something?

There is a picture of her in the Seewald family montage upthread. I think she was with her husband for  Christmas. It appears that he's military and deployed.

• Useful 3
Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

There is a picture of her in the Seewald family montage upthread. I think she was with her husband for  Christmas. It appears that he's military and deployed.

Oh, is she holding Fern? I missed that one. I didn't see her in the family pic, and they threw in the random one, so I thought she wasn't there.

1 hour ago, Zella said:

She's divorced and working as a cop. She seems like a tough lady who doesn't take any shit from anyone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

She's divorced and working as a cop. She seems like a tough lady who doesn't take any shit from anyone.

And that's great, but as I said, I don't see her asshole parents being super happy about that. 

• Love 7