Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I'm still reeling about the revelation that they might have left in the middle of the service for The Kiss, the pastor gave a long speech on purity, and then they came back and continued the service?!  I really hope not.  That is so awkward and almost shoves it in people's faces rather than just choosing it for yourselves because it's what you want to do.  I really hope they just didn't kiss at the usual moment, and then went to spend time alone after they were pronounced husband and wife and walked out.

I don't see anywhere where they did that?

That really would be tacky though if it did happen that way.

While watching a re-run of Jill and Derick's wedding, Jessa said something that caught my attention. Before the ceremony, she said, "I think the only thing Jill and Derick is fearful of is the first kiss. It's quite intimidating." I think that explains why they didn't have a "first kiss".

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 1

I thought Jessa looked lovely.  Have to agree, the hair could have been different.  He looked like what he is.................an awkward kid.  The bowtie didn't do him any favors, either.  As far as JimBoob and Mechelle demonstrating a kiss, that's just wrong on so many levels.  First of all, we have seen the Boob dip her and slurp her face off on more occasions than I care to count.  And these two are supposed to be so modest?!?!?!?!?   My husband and I are quite affectionate, but we would NEVER kiss is front of a thousand people, much less steal our daughter's thunder.  This day was about Jessa, you morons.  Can you please just keep your stupid faces out of the spotlight?  I could just barf looking at them.

• Love 7

As far as JimBoob and Mechelle demonstrating a kiss, that's just wrong on so many levels.  First of all, we have seen the Boob dip her and slurp her face off on more occasions than I care to count.  And these two are supposed to be so modest?!?!?!?!?   My husband and I are quite affectionate, but we would NEVER kiss is front of a thousand people, much less steal our daughter's thunder.  This day was about Jessa, you morons.  Can you please just keep your stupid faces out of the spotlight?  I could just barf looking at them.

Those two have real boundary issues. Kissing at the alter at your daughter's wedding? Who does that?

But, it's all the time: the dry humping on the "double date" with Ben and Jessa; taking over the Dillard family rehearsal dinner (I would cut them some slack since Kathy couldn't be there, but they had a video prepared! They had every intention of hi-jacking that event); the endless talk about sex and baby-making (both about themselves, and now about their daughters -- just ick); displaying J'chelle's wedding dress at Jill's wedding; "I'll put my thumb print right between the two love birds!" It just goes on and on.

Everything is always about them. No one else can ever have a moment -- ever. Not even their kids.

It really is no wonder they turned to Gothardism. They have absolutely no self control, and absolutely no idea how to behave properly. Even with all of Gothard's rules, they still behave like obnoxious teenagers (late all the time, making out in inappropriate places, talking about themselves all the time, etc.). Image what they would be like with no rules.

• Love 10

From FJ. Supposedly this person went to the wedding. Sounds reliable but.....oh heck. I'll let you read it, lol!

http://zedicy542.blogspot.ca/

eta: NVM, FJ is saying it is a hoax!

Oh my. I stumbled across this blog a couple of months ago. It's very convincing ;-) or, you know, I just like thinking people on the internet are crazy. Anyway, I did some digging and concluded it was fake. But I'd pretty much read the whole thing by then. I'd probably found my way there via one of the other fundie blogs like the Jeub's or Maxwell's so she sounded plausible.

Edited by mimionthebeach

Regarding Erin playing again at Jessa's wedding, is she expected to play for free at every Fundie wedding she attends? If so, that kind of sucks. She could pick up some easy cash playing at weddings on the weekends,

I doubt that anyone would be willing to pay her! 

• Love 2

I wonder if because the Bates family will have their own show on another network is the reason why they weren't interviewed or shown on camera during Jill's (and probably Jessa's wedding):

The Bates Family is set to star in their own reality show called "Bringing up Bates", scheduled to premiere on UP TV New Year’s Day 2015.
http://theashleysrealityroundup.com/category/19-kids-counting/

According to a press release, the reality show will "take a fresh look at an uncommon, ultra-conservative American family with larger-than-life personalities." Bradley's birth will be a major plot point in the new season, as will the relationships between Erin Bates and husband Chad Paine, and Alyssa Bates and husband John Webster.
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/bringing-up-bates-stars-whitney-and-zach-welcome-baby-boy-picture-20143010#ixzz3I6RAVAiK

Happy Birthday Jessa!! I would insert Will Arnold Klein's birthday battle cry *cake, cake, cake* but you don't like cake. I hope your newest child will take you out for a nice dinner and get you a big ice cream sundae to celebrate!!

• Love 1

Call me really dumb. I thought it stood for Tontitown House!

That's what I always thought too. Still makes me hungry for Tater Tots though. (and funny, I don't even like tater tots) Who would've thought TTH could by an acronym for so many things?

Kirk speaks:

He and his daughters were invited to the nuptials and the rehearsal dinner the night before.  

“We flew to the Duggar hometown, not only to be part of the fun and excitement of honoring this precious couple, but as a father, I want my daughters to see what it looks like when a couple reserves their ‘first kiss’ for at the altar,” the father of six wrote. “Wow! This kind of moral excellence and purity is rare today, but our sons and daughters are priceless. This dad has only a few years to etch these meaningful images on the minds of his children.”

“We were invited to the Duggars house after for volleyball, campfire singing, and dessert till 1:30 am,” he wrote. “We even got to worship together at church the next morning and Jim Bob and Michelle were excited to share with family and friends about Saving Christmas (www.SavingChristmas.com)! Be sure to watch the wedding episode of 19 and Counting on TLC!”

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kirk-cameron-attends-jessa-duggar-wedding-daughters-2014411#ixzz3I7njkLm9

Saving Christmas - the plot: While other, godless people, enjoy Christmas things from November 1 onward, real, true Christians save all of their Christmas fun, like singing carols, opening all presents and Christmas treats like cookies to only doing those things to Christmas Day.  After all, didn't Jim Bob say that the first kiss for the wedding day was like Christmas morning?  Maybe that was a sort of endorsement right there, and we just didn't know it!  ;)

• Love 4

Kirk speaks:

He and his daughters were invited to the nuptials and the rehearsal dinner the night before.  

“We flew to the Duggar hometown, not only to be part of the fun and excitement of honoring this precious couple, but as a father, I want my daughters to see what it looks like when a couple reserves their ‘first kiss’ for at the altar,” the father of six wrote. “Wow! This kind of moral excellence and purity is rare today, but our sons and daughters are priceless. This dad has only a few years to etch these meaningful images on the minds of his children.”

“We were invited to the Duggars house after for volleyball, campfire singing, and dessert till 1:30 am,” he wrote. “We even got to worship together at church the next morning and Jim Bob and Michelle were excited to share with family and friends about Saving Christmas (www.SavingChristmas.com)! Be sure to watch the wedding episode of 19 and Counting on TLC!”

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kirk-cameron-attends-jessa-duggar-wedding-daughters-2014411#ixzz3I7njkLm9

OMG....about 6 cavities erupted in my mouth after reading that.

• Love 5

Saving Christmas - the plot: While other, godless people, enjoy Christmas things from November 1 onward, real, true Christians save all of their Christmas fun, like singing carols, opening all presents and Christmas treats like cookies to only doing those things to Christmas Day. After all, didn't Jim Bob say that the first kiss for the wedding day was like Christmas morning? Maybe that was a sort of endorsement right there, and we just didn't know it! ;)

I don't mean to offend anyone if they like this movie, but I think that plot sounds absolutely stupid. What odd logic. If you were really that happy and excited about Jesus's birth, why wouldn't you want to celebrate all month? Or for two months?

It seems JB and MEchelle didn't know about the first kiss, or lack of it.  

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/11/jim-bob-edit-storyline-jessa-duggar-wedding/ 

It seems People got the exclusive rights to the wedding: "For many more intimate details of Jessa Duggar's wedding – plus exclusive photos – pick up this week's issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday."  I'm looking forward to seeing the bridesmaids' dresses.  

Edited by DamWrite

I find it interesting that Jill's bridal party consisted of her sisters and sister-in-law, while Jessa's had half family and half friends and the little girls weren’t included. It was nice of her to include three of Ben's sisters and three girls who aren’t family members. While Jill seems to have “stuck to the script”, Jessa appears to have deviated.

It’s been said that Jinger is the rebel, but I believe that title belongs to Jessa. I’ve noticed that she gives Jim Bob the side eye when he says or does something stupid. When they were at a bridal shop in New York, her mom wanted her to try on some dresses, but she wouldn’t do it. When her father said he didn’t think he was ready to “give away” another daughter, she said that they would just elope. The color of her wedding dress was blush; they exchanged their own personal vows; she refused to share her “first kiss” in public and she didn’t have a wedding cake. I have a feeling she doesn’t totally buy into this lifestyle and wants to go off and live her own life. The reason I say this is because in a couple of their private interviews, (I am not saying she pressured him) she told Ben that they should hurry up and get married.

• Love 4

It seems JB and MEchelle didn't know about the first kiss, or lack of it.  

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/11/jim-bob-edit-storyline-jessa-duggar-wedding/ 

It seems People got the exclusive rights to the wedding: "For many more intimate details of Jessa Duggar's wedding – plus exclusive photos – pick up this week's issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday."  I'm looking forward to seeing the bridesmaids dresses.  

Radar picked up the story from a blog that is a fake.  I just learned of it yesterday and it was discussed a few posts up.

Edited by abseedee

Radar picked up the story from a blog that is a fake.  I just learned of it yesterday and it was discussed a few posts up.

Oops, sorry 'bout that.  And here I thought my first post ever was a "scoop."  

• Love 1

IDK if they paid Erin but Chad is a wedding photographer I doubt his services are free. Having all those pictures printed costs $$$$$$.

Of course he wouldn't print off their photos for free.  Printing photos isn't even really a service of a photographer.  The more expensive ones will only allow you to order through them(but they aren't printing them.. they order them through a company)  unless you buy the rights to the photos.  A lot of photographers will do events for their friends and family for free.  

I like the blush color, and I actually think more brides should choose that color. I don't think a white dress is flattering on every skin tone--which IMHO includes JillyMuffin. Jessa's skin tone could have handled a white dress, but I think that blush is flattering on every tone.

I have tried to convince so many friends to do an ivory/beige/blush color of dress and almost all of them are like "nope, i want the white"  because in their mind they want that traditional wedding day which includes the bright white dress.   I love the off-white dress colors. 

I have tried to convince so many friends to do an ivory/beige/blush color of dress and almost all of them are like "nope, i want the white"  because in their mind they want that traditional wedding day which includes the bright white dress.   I love the off-white dress colors.

I think it is so awesome Jessa went with a off-white.

My dress was colored "rum" (really, that's what the tag sad), and my Mom really didn't like that, because it didn't sound classy, so she kept calling it "Champagne". By the end of the wedding process, my husband and I were calling it Wild Turkey Whiskey White.

• Love 10

Kirk speaks:

Funny How Kirk says this but wasn't he an atheist? And got fired from his job on growing pains. Is he trying to get back his career

• Love 1

Funny How Kirk says this but wasn't he an atheist? And got fired from his job on growing pains. Is he trying to get back his career

People do change their mind about religion. I don't think it has to do with his career. His age, maybe.

• Love 2

I think it is so awesome Jessa went with a off-white.

My dress was colored "rum" (really, that's what the tag said).

Hahaha, I went with black because all the women in my family married in black. I can't imagine what they said behind my back. LOL.
  • Love 2

Hahaha, I went with black because all the women in my family married in black. I can't imagine what they said behind my back. LOL.

LOL!!! You should have gone on Say Yes to the Dress. I love the look on the consultant's face when people ask for something other than white/off-white. They get this look like you  just said you plan to take a dump on the altar but all the while they claim they want the bride to be happy. Uh - apparently the bride can only be happy when she wants what the consultant deems "proper". 

• Love 3

He was an atheist and then converted to his extreme Christianity in the last years of Growing Pains and became a complete jerk to work with which ended the show. 

• Love 5

Well to be fair, they don't really make wedding dresses in white or some off white variant in the western world. So if a bride asks for a firetruck red dress, it's going to be shocking.

Brides do not have to shop at Bridal Stores. If you want a firetruck red dress, in January all the formal dresses at higher end stores are flaming red. Boutiques have beautiful dresses as well. My grandmother was too poor to buy a dress and all she had was a bolt of black fabric. So...a tradition was born.

• Love 3

He was an atheist and then converted to his extreme Christianity in the last years of Growing Pains and became a complete jerk to work with which ended the show. 

To be fair, the show was done. The kids had grown. There was nothing more to do with it.

I grew into my atheism.

• Love 2

I don't mean to offend anyone if they like this movie, but I think that plot sounds absolutely stupid. What odd logic. If you were really that happy and excited about Jesus's birth, why wouldn't you want to celebrate all month? Or for two months?

I'm sorry, I was just being sarcastic. I have no idea what the movie is about, I was just commenting on how "saving Christmas " and "saving your first kiss " all just sort of roll together after awhile.

I have no desire to see any movie with Kirk Cameron in it. I never even watched Growing Pains although I was, at the time, the targeted demographic.

• Love 4

I'm sorry, I was just being sarcastic. I have no idea what the movie is about, I was just commenting on how "saving Christmas " and "saving your first kiss " all just sort of roll together after awhile.

I have no desire to see any movie with Kirk Cameron in it. I never even watched Growing Pains although I was, at the time, the targeted demographic.

Oh no, I apologize! I wasn't offended haha, I just thought that you were talking about a real movie and I was like "hmm, that's a silly plot." Very funny though, they do love to save their firsts for everything!

Saving Christmas - the plot: While other, godless people, enjoy Christmas things from November 1 onward, real, true Christians save all of their Christmas fun, like singing carols, opening all presents and Christmas treats like cookies to only doing those things to Christmas Day.  After all, didn't Jim Bob say that the first kiss for the wedding day was like Christmas morning?  Maybe that was a sort of endorsement right there, and we just didn't know it!  ;)

I wonder if they realize that about 90% of this isn't even Christian tradition, until recently. I have a really religious fanatic relative who was upset about the whole Christmas Tree thing for days when she found out.

• Love 1

Brides do not have to shop at Bridal Stores. If you want a firetruck red dress, in January all the formal dresses at higher end stores are flaming red. Boutiques have beautiful dresses as well. My grandmother was too poor to buy a dress and all she had was a bolt of black fabric. So...a tradition was born.

Yeah, I get that. The poster that I meant to reply to specifically mentioned a bridal shop though. If she had said that when a bride went into Macy's or something looking for a white/white variant dress it would be a different story.

But it's off topic anyway, I'd rather have sweet sweet fellowship with a fellow snarker than be sent to the prayer closet for a disagreement ;-)

• Love 7

People do change their mind about religion. I don't think it has to do with his career. His age, maybe.

The show ended because Kirk was trying to re-write the script to suit his new found beliefs. This included having a cast member fired for posing in Playboy, even though this had no effect on Kirk's career whatsoever. Basically, he was trying to make his co-workers adhere to his beliefs which, IMO is unacceptable. The show was canned because he's a zealot.

• Love 13

Those two have real boundary issues. Kissing at the alter at your daughter's wedding? Who does that?

But, it's all the time: the dry humping on the "double date" with Ben and Jessa; taking over the Dillard family rehearsal dinner (I would cut them some slack since Kathy couldn't be there, but they had a video prepared! They had every intention of hi-jacking that event); the endless talk about sex and baby-making (both about themselves, and now about their daughters -- just ick); displaying J'chelle's wedding dress at Jill's wedding; "I'll put my thumb print right between the two love birds!" It just goes on and on.

Everything is always about them. No one else can ever have a moment -- ever. Not even their kids.

It really is no wonder they turned to Gothardism. They have absolutely no self control, and absolutely no idea how to behave properly. Even with all of Gothard's rules, they still behave like obnoxious teenagers (late all the time, making out in inappropriate places, talking about themselves all the time, etc.). Image what they would be like with no rules.

Boob and Mullet are tremendous narcissists. I think that's exactly why they jumped into Gothardism. They go around like the rest of us ought to be bowing down to them because they had a ton of kids, even though it's not even a little bit about the kids themselves, as actual people. It's only about Boob and Mullet. It get *them* attention. I also think they get off on controlling the children. My guess is that it makes them feel powerful and ensures that everyday chores won't interfere with their ME time.

• Love 5

Wow! Boob and Mullet let one of their precious, Godly daughters marry that someone that was an atheist for most of his life? 

Kirk Cameron was an atheist until he was 17.  Ben, as far as I know, has always been observant.

There actually are some Christian groups that don't celebrate Christmas. Of course I knew several growing up. (I honestly did have the strangest religious childhood you can possibly imagine, but one good thing that came out of it is a 25+ year fascination with the history and culture of American Protestantism.)

Kirk Cameron's career, even in Fundy circles, is really small. Keep in mind that the Vision Forum film festival where the Duggers met him the first time was an enormous disappointment a and money pit, and ended completely when Doug Philips was caught with his kids babysitter and stepped down. Christian movies just don't have the audience base - my son and some of his friends were cast in one a few years ago, so we got to see it from the inside out.

You figure how many fundies frown on television, and hating Hollywood had a longstanding tradition in the Fundy world. Even some mainstream evangelical churches frown on it. Kirk Cameron has never been smaller. Even at Jessa and Ben's wedding and after party, in that world, he was far from being the most important or most recognized person there.

• Love 1

Pickles and Hairspray Facebook has a photo of J'Chelle holding an unhappy baby. The picture was apparently taken back at the homestead after Jessa's wedding. She borrowed another one of Kelly Bates' dresses, this time the blue one Kelly wore to Erin and Chad's wedding. You'd think with all their money she could buy her own mother of the bride dresses, but apparently not.