Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I agree about the weird tension between Ben and Jessa. They interacted like a couple who'd had a screaming argument right before the camera crew arrived at the house and then were forced to act like a happy couple on screen. Jessa turned in a decent performance, but Ben seemed like he had no more fucks left to give. 

If you add their belief system into this mix of mismatched mates would it all be Jessa's fault that Bin isn't happy?  Is it her wifely duty to make sure her husband is in marital bliss and if he's not is it her fault?  Jessa seems to try to like him anyway.

• Love 2

Maybe the real reason Mike was so eager to get Binny married off to a Duggar living an afternoon's drive away is that he was eager to get rid of him. ....Just kidding. But it is odd.

I got the feeling Bin had been experiencing a lot of sexual frustration. . . lol. Why Michael knew this is a mystery to me. Not something my brother or I wanted to bring to my parents' attention!

• Love 3

Hmmmmmmmm. Rather like the Duggars were with Smuggs. We know it isn't a "Josiah" type of issue...but a Smuggs issue I could see. And Bin is stooooopid. Could have been really impulsive. Hmmmmmmmm.

What is the "Josiah type of issue"?

The photo is like an evolution of the nose.

That baby has an adult-size set of nostrils, doesn't he?

• Love 4

Ben is probably wishing he could just be a carefree 20 year old living a single life with friends and independence instead of being saddled with Duggarland and being under JB's thumb all of the time.  Loves his son but regrets everything else that comes with it.

Where did I read that Ben says he gets up in the middle of the night and changes Spurgeon's diaper?  I can't imagine what goes through his mind at times like that.  

• Love 2

So, just watched the part 1 of the "counting on" promos, and Ben mentioned the toughest part of fatherhood is getting up at night to change diapers, and having his schedule disrupted.  I had to laugh.  What "schedule", exactly?  

Then, he mentions coming home from work and seeing Spurgie's eyebrows shoot up.  What "work", exactly???  Making amateurish proselytizing videos?  Posting Biblical quotes on Instagram?  Visiting U of A students wearing full gear?  

Also, we visited an aquarium this weekend, and saw lots of Spurgeon.  Ahem.  I mean, sturgeon.  Not attractive fish!  

Last thing- hate the helmet hairdo he has currently.  

• Love 9
Then, he mentions coming home from work and seeing Spurgie's eyebrows shoot up.  What "work", exactly???  Making amateurish proselytizing videos?  Posting Biblical quotes on Instagram?  Visiting U of A students wearing full gear?

Well, he does work for Jim Boob in some kind of handyman/janitor capacity. I have no doubt that Boob demands as much work as he can squeeze out of Bin while paying a pittance because hey, they got the mould house!

• Love 1

Is it me or is Spurge cross-eyed? I'm not even saying it in a mean, bitchy way, he looks like he has some sort of issue.

Most babies are, they grow out of it with age. If it doesn't go away by childhood surgery is typically an option. My eyes were operated on at 5 and 12 and they've stayed permanently correctly. 

So did they ultimately decide not to call him Quincy? Just caught the "New Mom Update" on the TLC site and was surprised Jessa actually used the name Spurgeon...I tend to follow these two the least out of the Duggar clan, so when did this happen?

• Love 2

So did they ultimately decide not to call him Quincy? Just caught the "New Mom Update" on the TLC site and was surprised Jessa actually used the name Spurgeon...I tend to follow these two the least out of the Duggar clan, so when did this happen?

I don't remember exactly when it was, but it happened after it was all over the internet that even Jessa hated the name and wasn't using it. Suddenly she started calling him Spurgeon.

• Love 1

I noticed that also. Ben was very aloof and Jessa was all bubbly. That's new because usually Jessa is so sour. Either she is trying to be perky to cheer Ben up or she is acting for the biggest role of her life. If this show fails, the Duggars are toast and so is the $$. Jessa likes the paycheck.

the 12/20 episode; Ben seemed to perk up a bit and relax more.

• Love 1

I don't know what it is, but every time I see Bin holding the Spurge, he looks like a guy holding his nephew, not a father holding his son. Between Boob and the Seewald nose, Spurgeon is fighting an uphill battle in the genetics department, the poor kid.

• Love 6

I only saw a few minutes of that show, but Jessa was not herself at all.  Who is this bubbly, laughing, chipper person?  She must be absolutely desperate to stay on television and this is her best effort.  But, sorry Jessa, you can't hide the bitch!

I thought I hit record last night but it didn't take.  God obviously didn't want me to watch the Duggars.

• Love 9

Well, he does work for Jim Boob in some kind of handyman/janitor capacity. I have no doubt that Boob demands as much work as he can squeeze out of Bin while paying a pittance because hey, they got the mould house!

Do we have more recent confirmation that he's still toilet scrubbing for big JB?  I know they showed it during the engagement, but I hadn't seen specifically that he's still employed at the big house.

Do you think that Ben and his aloof, bored attitude was that he is angry with the Duggars?

We have established that Ben is an idiot but I wondering if Ben is over the Duggar freak show?

He can't be happy doing janitorial work for Jim Bob and the "real Duggar" boys who probably treat him like crap because he is just an in law.

Finding out that the exalted Josh molested your wife might not sit so well with a husband, even someone as stupid as Ben.

Who knows what Ben thought of that traumatic birth that we know was "encouraged" by the Duggars?

I almost felt a passive aggressive vibe off Ben...like... "I'm not happy and I'm gonna sit here because I was told." It came off as anger towards Jessa but maybe even dopey Ben figured out this crew is a bunch of kooks.

• Love 5

Just my opinion, but based on Bin's actions on the last two shows, he looks like he checked out awhile ago. He is the perfect example of why a 19 yer-old kid should not get married and have a baby. If he had been able to have a "normal" relationship with a gf, then he would probably still be in school(where he belongs) instead of married to a 23 year-old woman/child who has no interests, hobbies or education. I don't think Bin is a dumb as he acts, I just think he does not give a shit and is so over the Duggars. I also don't think he is comfortable in front of the camera and this might be partly why he comes off the way he does. I can't imagine he likes cleaning the toilets every day and being treated like a servant/slave by Jboys. I think he has learned the hard way life is not always greener on the other side.

Edited by NEGirl
  • Love 11

The Duggar genes take over another poor defenseless baby. Baby Quincy " I refuse to type the awful name they gave him" certainly looks Jimbob. Bless his heart.

https://instagram.com/p/_kgsk-jfvX/

Lol, I actually think the Spurge will turn out okay. Unfortunately he got the Seewald nose, but he has even features and a beautifully shaped mouth. If he stays Duggar-ish, but leans towards Jessa and Michelle, there's hope. Boob clones don't fare well past the age of sixteen.

As for Jessa, I'm not sure how I feel about the bangs but I give her props for changing her look up a bit. She's bouncing back well from pregnancy.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 2

I see Ben as a husband who acquiesces to his wife, and is somewhat embarrassed for the world to know. Jess doesn't seem to have the keep sweet - look adoringly at husband thing down. And when she makes feeble attempts to do so, Ben looks as though he is waiting to be corrected, rather than feeling honored and adored.

• Love 4

I feel bad for Ben and Jessa in that preview. They clearly walk out into their backyard to escape the crowd in their tiny house and Michelle freakin' FOLLOWS them with a hand-held video camera. Michelle only cares about getting footage for TV, not her daughter who is in pain and wants a few seconds of privacy with her husband. It's just gross.

Just my opinion, but based on Bin's actions on the last two shows, he looks like he checked out awhile ago. He is the perfect example of why a 19 yer-old kid should not get married and have a baby. If he had been able to have a "normal" relationship with a gf, then he would probably still be in school(where he belongs) instead of married to a 23 year-old woman/child who has no interests, hobbies or education. I don't think Bin is a dumb as he acts, I just think he does not give a shit and is so over the Duggars. I also don't think he is comfortable in front of the camera and this might be partly why he comes off the way he does. I can't imagine he likes cleaning the toilets every day and being treated like a servant/slave by Jboys. I think he has learned the hard way life is not always greener on the other side.

^^All of this. I feel like we're looking at the next Josh. That vacant look we're seeing is Bin realizing how fucked he is. And he's only what? 20yrs old? Here we have another male trapped in a cycle of marriage and babies just to get some ass.

I give it 6 years before we here about Bin trolling the clubs looking for different partners. I can only imagine how quickly I'd tire of Jessa.

Well, he's done banging Jessa so now what?? If he were allowed a semi-normal life he'd be laughing with his buddies about how he bagged Jessa and he'd be on to the next one. Now he's stuck w this fundie princess who's a bit of a bitch, a molester brother in law and a jackass of a father in law.

Life is all about choices people.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 6

Ben looks very uncomfortable with the cameras and says the stupidest things.

I bet Ben is starting to see the Duggar family from the inside and it's not all roses and sunshine.

He probably despises what Josh did to young Jessa and is revolted by his current behavior. Scrubbing toilets gives you plenty of time to think.

"smile for the camera, Ben"

Ben might be plotting something (as much as he can). He wants to go be a minister? He might be riding the gravy train for now and planning to move far away from the freak show.

Derick accomplished getting out from under Jim Bob with the fake ministry.

• Love 3

Bin strikes me as a little lonely. He moved away from his family and friends to be with Jessa, and now he's stuck with her 24/7. I don't get the feeling he's close with his brothers in law. JD does his own thing, Joe is at school, he has little in common with Si,and Jer/Jed have the twin thing going on where they really don't need anyone else. The Duggars are the type of family where they're around each other all the time but don't have anything more than a superficial relationship. You can't really have open conversations or get to know anyone on a serious level.

In addition, most guys Bin's age are at school or out working, not married with a baby, so he's kind of in an awkward spot from a social perspective.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 9

Bin strikes me as a little lonely. He moved away from his family and friends to be with Jessa, and now he's stuck with her 24/7. I don't get the feeling he's close with his brothers in law. JD does his own thing, Joe is at school, he has little in common with Si,and Jer/Jed have the twin thing going on where they really don't need anyone else. The Duggars are the type of family where they're around each other all the time but don't have anything more than a superficial relationship. You can't really have open conversations or get to know anyone on a serious level.

In addition, most guys Bin's age are at school or out working, not married with a baby, so he's kind of in an awkward spot from a social perspective.

By his own choosing, of course. Nobody forced him into this situation. He wanted to date a Duggar (for whatever fucked up reason). You reap what you sow.

• Love 8

I feel bad for Ben and Jessa in that preview. They clearly walk out into their backyard to escape the crowd in their tiny house and Michelle freakin' FOLLOWS them with a hand-held video camera. Michelle only cares about getting footage for TV, not her daughter who is in pain and wants a few seconds of privacy with her husband. It's just gross.

I am defrauded watching Jessa walk in that skin-tight purple dress. Stupid Michelle: "going for a walk!"

"getting fresh air!"

"a nice day for a birth!"

"Ben has been just solid! It's so SWEET!"

It's great that Jessa can take a nice walk while dilated to 8 cm. But 48 hours of labor?!?!?! As botched a home birth as Jill's.

• Love 6

I really have to question the length of her actual labor, especially given that she had no professional midwife in attendance. Although it's a certainty that she had Muffy hooked up on Facetime at some point. Not that THAT did any good either! 

• Love 4

The fringe suits her, but she looks tired. I suppose Motherhood is taking its toll. That's a very wide necked top, too.

I haven't watched the stuff so I can only talk from what I read, but Bin has never come across as a smart cookie tbh - and he isn't even properly adult yet. He must be pretty mixed up emotionally

Edit, and the wee one has suddenly turned quite ugly - but then, Izzy has been fairly challenged lookwise so far

Edited by MunichNark

You weren't kidding - gross! All i could think was "stalker!!!"  Followed by... MEchelle was so desperate to be on TV, even if just her voice, that she violated her daughter's privacy so she could whisper into the camera and still be on teevee even if they didn't show her much. Yuck.

• Love 5

I really have to question the length of her actual labor, especially given that she had no professional midwife in attendance. Although it's a certainty that she had Muffy hooked up on Facetime at some point. Not that THAT did any good either! 

I'm fairly certain that 24 hours before Michelle's video was shot, Jessa was having ice scream at a restaurant with Jordyn and others. And she had the baby around 6 or 7 pm that night, so I question it too. I'm curious who was examining and measuring Jessa's dilation.

• Love 5

I'm fairly certain that 24 hours before Michelle's video was shot, Jessa was having ice scream at a restaurant with Jordyn and others. And she had the baby around 6 or 7 pm that night, so I question it too. I'm curious who was examining and measuring Jessa's dilation.

Maybe it was the nailcare person?  Restaurant server? Ew.

(good memory, I'd forgotten that)

• Love 4

May I like this a thousand times, please ?! 

Michelle is giving Mama Kardashian a real run for her money in the fame-whoriness department. I guess she's of a mind that if it didn't happen on camera than it didn't happen at all. 

Michelle put me in a position of having actual sympathy for Jessa and Ben - something that's as rare as unicorns or boot-cut jeans that anyone looks good in. The poor girl just wanted some time to walk around with her husband to try to shake off some of the obviously painful labor process, but Michelle had to follow her like the fucking Hamburgler while baby-whispering sweet, positive, encouraging crap like a stalker. 

If that was my mother I'd have made myself an orphan.

• Love 9

Michelle put me in a position of having actual sympathy for Jessa and Ben - something that's as rare as unicorns or boot-cut jeans that anyone looks good in. The poor girl just wanted some time to walk around with her husband to try to shake off some of the obviously painful labor process, but Michelle had to follow her like the fucking Hamburgler while baby-whispering sweet, positive, encouraging crap like a stalker. 

It's cause "they're such a close family!" doncha know.

Having millions of people take this 'mother of the year" with no boundaries as a sweet and godly role model just makes me sick. You'd think people would realize that having no boundaries isn't the sign of a caring parent. It's the sign of a parent who's incapable of caring at all. But that fact apparently doesn't penetrate into the skulls of her many drooling fans. That we may be close to seeing these poster people for dysfunction return to tv really makes me sick.

Think about this trick of your mother's the next time you say that your family "are not tv people," dumb lying Jessa.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4