Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I'm sure little Spurge is as sweet as the day is long, and I fervently wish the little dude a long, healthy, and happy life that includes freedom from the prejudices of his parents and grandparents, and the liberty to pursue the education and vocation of his choice. I also think that photo looks just like Jim Bob, and I find Jim Bob to be repulsive...so I honestly pity the baby for any physical resemblance to that awful man.

I also post on this site primarily for the unseemly pleasure of SNARK, and make no apologies for it. :)

• Love 19

There is such a thing as baby acne?

It comes from the mom's hormones in the breastmilk and from birth. Girls can also have mini-periods as well. My daughter had both the mini-periods and baby acne. After about four months both completely cleared up.

• Love 4

It comes from the mom's hormones in the breastmilk and from birth. Girls can also have mini-periods as well. My daughter had both the mini-periods and baby acne. After about four months both completely cleared up.

Woah, mini periods? Wow, I have never heard of that. It just doesn't even sound possible.
  • Love 3

On the Duggar Family Blog site (the one done by Ellie & Lilly) there is a video about Ben & fatherhood. When asked about the hardest things being a Dad, Ben answered getting up in middle of night & changing diapers. He added that a new baby changes their schedule around. What schedule do these 2 unemployed playing house couple have? I guess Janarella has gone home since he mentioned getting up during the night. If she wasn't nursing, you know that the Princess would be sleeping while Ben handled the night feedings. (Not knocking the Dads out there that have schedules, do night feedings & also hold down jobs.)

I love that Spurgeon made the list of new babies in 2015 in the Year end People & Izzy didn't. There's also a larger picture of the happy family. (I know this was posted before but thought it was worth repeating.) Wonder what Mama Jilly thinks about it & what revenge she is plotting. Even Uncle Josh made their Wall of Shame.

• Love 8

Woah, mini periods? Wow, I have never heard of that. It just doesn't even sound possible.

Sounds possible...hormones can do a lot of weird things, but I'd never heard of this either. Interesting thing to know. I had one girl and two boys, and the boys (especially the second) both had their share of baby acne, so I know that's a thing.

On the Duggar Family Blog site (the one done by Ellie & Lilly) there is a video about Ben & fatherhood. When asked about the hardest things being a Dad, Ben answered getting up in middle of night & changing diapers. He added that a new baby changes their schedule around. What schedule do these 2 unemployed playing house couple have? I guess Janarella has gone home since he mentioned getting up during the night. If she wasn't nursing, you know that the Princess would be sleeping while Ben handled the night feedings. (Not knocking the Dads out there that have schedules, do night feedings & also hold down jobs.)

I love that Spurgeon made the list of new babies in 2015 in the Year end People & Izzy didn't. There's also a larger picture of the happy family. (I know this was posted before but thought it was worth repeating.) Wonder what Mama Jilly thinks about it & what revenge she is plotting. Even Uncle Josh made their Wall of Shame.

I don't get People. You mean that Jessa, Ben, and Spurgeon were on as a celebration and in the same edition Josh was on the Wall of Shame. That's gotta hurt. 

I love that Spurgeon made the list of new babies in 2015 in the Year end People & Izzy didn't. There's also a larger picture of the happy family. (I know this was posted before but thought it was worth repeating.) Wonder what Mama Jilly thinks about it & what revenge she is plotting.

I can't help but believe this is because Spurgeon's parents are more aesthetically pleasing.

• Love 11

Yes, what prized possession is she going to bestow on Jessa this time?

• Love 1

Does anyone else cringe when they play the commercial of Jessa trying to give birth? MEchelle seems medicated and outright strange in that clip of her calling 911. I don't know but I can live without seeing anyone give birth. Shouldn't it be a private personal thing? I know their ministry errrr I mean the  $$$$$$ is  more important.

• Love 5

I feel badly for Jessa because she admitted to being terrified of labor, only to have her worst nightmare come true. In all honesty, someone should have talked her out of attempting a homebirth. I don't know if she was trying to give the big F.U. to Jill or what, but she suffered horribly for no reason.

• Love 12

Michelle did all but 2 births in the hospital, and one of 2 she did at home had a dr and nurse present with the other having a nurse only.  I don't know why you would want to do it at home anyway, big mess to clean up and everything.  Isn't it still a thing where hubby or somebody films the actual delivery?  Then they can play it for guests.  Which is why I don't go visiting newborn's parents.  The birthing centers attached to hospitals encourage everybody to come and see.  My neighbor had 2 girls and when she had her 2 boys the girls were there and one cut the cord.  I assume the mom had painkillers during labor.  I don't think I'd want my kids and other relatives taking part.  No, I don't think, I KNOW I wouldn't.  But to them it was really cool.  Not super religious folks at all.  

• Love 2

I don't know what's wrong with hospital birth for this family. If it's too high risk at home go to the hospital

Boob doesn't want to spend the $$. Seriously. He spends only when he absolutely must, or when TLC won't. And besides, having babies at home is how it was done in the 19th century, which is where all the fundies would live if they could.

• Love 4

Maybe the kids have been open with Jimchelle about not wanting 19 kids themselves. Michelle delivered Jinger at home with a doctor present, and Joseph at home without a doctor, but probably with a nurse midwife present. The rest have been hospital deliveries, and Michelle's ambition to reach 20 would've killed her without proper medical assistance. Maybe JimBob assumes or knows his kids will each have 4-5 kids max, and thinks they can manage without medical intervention.

• Love 2

Boob doesn't want to spend the $$. Seriously. He spends only when he absolutely must, or when TLC won't. And besides, having babies at home is how it was done in the 19th century, which is where all the fundies would live if they could.

The famewhore Duggars do not truly want this. TV and Jessa's beloved Instagram did not exist then. HOW WOULD THEY SPREAD THEIR "MINISTRY??" 

• Love 9

Michelle did all but 2 births in the hospital, and one of 2 she did at home had a dr and nurse present with the other having a nurse only.

Whoa, what doctor delivers babies at a patient's home? I can understand nurse midwives...

• Love 1

The famewhore Duggars do not truly want this. TV and Jessa's beloved Instagram did not exist then. HOW WOULD THEY SPREAD THEIR "MINISTRY??" 

Ah, this is probably true. To have technology taken away from them - now - would absolutely frazzle some of the Duggars. But I still think that in general, most fundies would return the US to the 1800s if they were able. Just like the Amish have basically decided that the world had enough technology by 1830 - and in large part, most of them don't take advantage of things developed after that point.

• Love 3

most fundies would return the US to the 1800s if they were able.

Wait until Benessa find out that 1800's US had atheists, homosexuals, and prostitutes. Not to mention abortion was basically condoned by every christian group. I'm sure Jessa would be first in line for pennyroyal tea. Opps, she'd be dead! No pitocin or blood transfusions back then either. I guess Ben could marry Jinger, or something...

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 11

But I still think that in general, most fundies would return the US to the 1800s if they were able.

I think so, too. And i know that, then, they'd be very very surprised at the results of their stupid wish. .... I would pay to see this happen so I could watch the consternation.

Nostalgia for things you actually experienced is a misleading enough emotion. Let alone nostalgia for times about which you truly do not have a clue.

• Love 9

Did they ever actually do a reality show where people were made to live like they were in pre-technology times, or was that just a plot on the Simpsons? Maybe that can be TLCs next big thing. Take away all the Duggar's cellphones/internet etc and watch Benessa & the Dullards try have a ministry that consists of more than posting instagram pictures of bible passages, and videos of themselves handing out tracts and doing embarrassing skits.

• Love 5
Did they ever actually do a reality show where people were made to live like they were in pre-technology times, or was that just a plot on the Simpsons?

They did actually! The House-series. I watched a couple of seasons of the British original on Youtube, which was quite good. And there was an American version too though not as well made; more "reality" dramarama than historical re-enactment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_1900_House

I would find it genuinely hilarious to see the Duggars on a show like that.

• Love 6
Anyone remember the program that featured several families (one named McClune), who had to take their families to create and survive a homestead?

I think that was one of the US House seasons! Quite entertaining, especially when one of the families refused to play by the rules and the others got all huffy about it. I can see the Duggars being that family, since in their minds rules don't apply to them, only to other people.

• Love 6

Watching the show, Ben looks sooooooo over Jessa.  There were 2 times he went in for  a kiss, one she honestly missed, but the other she totally dissed him.  During the interviews about marriage, Jessa is waxing on and on, and Ben has this totally disgusted look on his face.  Some of the things she says he looks totally uninterested in, others he looks like he thinks she is totally bat shit crazy.  He totally is hating life.

• Love 8

Did they ever actually do a reality show where people were made to live like they were in pre-technology times, or was that just a plot on the Simpsons? Maybe that can be TLCs next big thing. Take away all the Duggar's cellphones/internet etc and watch Benessa & the Dullards try have a ministry that consists of more than posting instagram pictures of bible passages, and videos of themselves handing out tracts and doing embarrassing skits.

The Brits had one that took 12-15 people to the Iron Age, with authentic clothing, tools, and so on.

Unfortunately the footwear turned out to have been based on funerary goods, and were all too flimsy for conditions, so they were issued rubber boots.  And they had liquid soap in the privy because of The Germs.  And the family with two small children and two parents with Attitude wound up bailing because the little girl started failing to thrive - one of the experts in a TH pointed out that historically she would have died, and that infant and child mortality rates were historically high...  In other words, reality met 21 days of Iron Age living, and everybody lived, then at the end checked into a hotel and had very long, very hot baths, leaving really mucky conditions in the tubs.  It was interesting, but not enthralling.

• Love 5

I remember one of the House iterations having a minister. The Seewalds could fill that role if the series is ever revived, and they are running low of TLC funds. I would watch the shit out of that.

It would be especially good if they went with a really factual presentation and had them do a circuit ministry. I think I've read of some of those being between 50 and 100 miles around. And people generally had to walk it, and carry all their stuff on their backs. Boiling summer, snowy icy winter. The Seewalds walking their circuit with Ben in his high collar and black suit. Not a lot of opportunity for selfies or fast food, either.

• Love 6

Anyone remember the program that featured several families (one named McClune), who had to take their families to create and survive a homestead?

The Duggars would never survive without their paper plates, plastic utensils, and, of course, their prayer closets. Those old pre-TLC $ Duggar prairie dresses might come in handy though.

A favorite of mine--taking this to the Prayer Closet. :)

Watching the show, Ben looks sooooooo over Jessa.  There were 2 times he went in for  a kiss, one she honestly missed, but the other she totally dissed him.  During the interviews about marriage, Jessa is waxing on and on, and Ben has this totally disgusted look on his face.  Some of the things she says he looks totally uninterested in, others he looks like he thinks she is totally bat shit crazy.  He totally is hating life.

I've called it from the get go- Bin and Jessa would be my first choice candidate for divorce. I think Derrick and JIll will stay married. Derrick has actual world experience, and JIll doesn't want any, so I think they are relatively happy. While they ARE on an extended vaca, I think they are actually doing something ( *not anything productive or helpful to the people they are trying to help) But I think they have goals ( learning spanish, making stupid ass skits ect,  Jill got a fake certificate in midwifery). What have Bin and Jessa been doing the last year? 

Sitting together all day with no career or volunteer goals has to be demoralizing, especially for Bin as he was someone with a job, school ect. No wonder he is miserable. I really feel like to be happy you need to feel like you are contributing something somewhere. Jessa contributes to her own vanity and is a mom now. What does Bin have going for him> What does he DO? It will be so interesting to see them in 10 years.

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 10

Ben is probably wishing he could just be a carefree 20 year old living a single life with friends and independence instead of being saddled with Duggarland and being under JB's thumb all of the time.  Loves his son but regrets everything else that comes with it.

• Love 8

Ben is probably wishing he could just be a carefree 20 year old living a single life with friends and independence instead of being saddled with Duggarland and being under JB's thumb all of the time. Loves his son but regrets everything else that comes with it.

I think both of them wish for this. I think if they weren't on the teevee, they'd be finding a way to get a divorce on the down-low.

I feel for poor spergy, he's going to grow up in a house where both of his parents are, at the very least, *very* uncomfortable with each other.

• Love 5

Ben is probably wishing he could just be a carefree 20 year old living a single life with friends and independence instead of being saddled with Duggarland and being under JB's thumb all of the time.  Loves his son but regrets everything else that comes with it.

I wonder if he hates Michael now that he is "stuck." Yeah I agree that what he truly wanted was to go to school and have sex but not be married so young. Now that he got the sex out of the way he is truly stuck because I think Jessa and Bin are horribly matched. Jessa seems a lot more fun than stick in the mud Bin.

Oh and I'm still wondering why Bin's family NEVER comes around now that Bam Bam is here? I mean they used to travel for Bin to be near Jessa but now nothing. It really bothers me. Something must have happened because otherwise we would have seen pictures of Michael holding his first grandchild.

• Love 3

The Seewald/Duggar dynamic is rather interesting, considering it was Michael who pushed for the wedding and not JimBob. As much as I can't stand Boob, I think he dragged out the courtship figuring Jessa would come to her senses and realize she and Bin were a total mismatch.

I understand that the scandals would test even the strongest of relationships, but Bin did not seem happy to me at all. His affect and body language were not that of a man head over heels in love and thrilled with life. Maybe I'm projecting because I think Jessa is such a spoiled bitch, but others made similar comments on the Counting On thread. We can't all be off-base, right?

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3

I wonder if he hates Michael now that he is "stuck." Yeah I agree that what he truly wanted was to go to school and have sex but not be married so young. Now that he got the sex out of the way he is truly stuck because I think Jessa and Bin are horribly matched. Jessa seems a lot more fun than stick in the mud Bin.

Oh and I'm still wondering why Bin's family NEVER comes around now that Bam Bam is here? I mean they used to travel for Bin to be near Jessa but now nothing. It really bothers me. Something must have happened because otherwise we would have seen pictures of Michael holding his first grandchild.

Maybe the real reason Mike was so eager to get Binny married off to a Duggar living an afternoon's drive away is that he was eager to get rid of him. ....Just kidding. But it is odd.

• Love 4

I agree about the weird tension between Ben and Jessa. They interacted like a couple who'd had a screaming argument right before the camera crew arrived at the house and then were forced to act like a happy couple on screen. Jessa turned in a decent performance, but Ben seemed like he had no more fucks left to give. 

I agree about the weird tension between Ben and Jessa. They interacted like a couple who'd had a screaming argument right before the camera crew arrived at the house and then were forced to act like a happy couple on screen. Jessa turned in a decent performance, but Ben seemed like he had no more fucks left to give. 

This might an example of why boys should wait until their frontal cortexes are fully formed. Playing house is more than sex. Like you said he is probably so over Queen Jessa Blessa and his Binistry is going no where fast.

• Love 5

Bin and Spurge might as well change their last name to Duggar. The Duggar machine is all-consuming. Must be tiresome.

• Love 6

Well, it does come off like the Seewalds were trying desperately to get Bin married off........

Hard to see it any other way, given Mike's blog posting about how you should let kids get married really really really young, and if you try to avoid this you're a bad Christian.  I'd love to know what they're thinking now.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

I know off topic but isn't Bin's sister Jessica out of the house now too? Sounds like the minute you turn 18 your out the door at that house. They don't even mention that Jessica might be living with her boyfriend. *gasp*

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 4

You know what you've done with all these comments? Yep, incoming Instagram of happy family with 'my man' etc etc, sideways hat, 'missing the Seewalds', best husband in the world, shot of breakfast and Bin changing diapers. Then to confirm Bin's headship, there will be some teaser about them leaving the compound for Bins's ministry teaching.

• Love 11

I was just going to say that it looks like he's exhibiting some of the Seewald close-set eyes.  In that regard, it'd be better for him to take after Jessa! 

I really try to picture what they days are like...wake up...have quiet time devotions together as a family...then what?  Check IG and FB and post some selfies...go out for some Chik-Fil-A, post a random rant or two, and then, I"m at a loss.  How do they fill the time?  The occasional proselytizing or happy birthday video can't take up too much time.  I work with babies professionally, have several of my own, and know they can be a lot of work, but they haven't been employed since prior to pregnancy, and even a first baby doesn't take up 24 hrs a day and naps occasionally leaving you with free time.  That just sounds super boring for 20-somethings with no one to talk to but each other and nothing else to focus on. 

For two normal 20 year olds, having nothing to do all day would be boring, but they would find a way to fill their time.  These two have no interest and little intellect.  After they're done feeling superior, there is nothing left.  Must be some mighty long days in the Bin and Jessa homestead.  

• Love 7

Well, it does come off like the Seewalds were trying desperately to get Bin married off........

Hmmmmmmmm. Rather like the Duggars were with Smuggs. We know it isn't a "Josiah" type of issue...but a Smuggs issue I could see. And Bin is stooooopid. Could have been really impulsive. Hmmmmmmmm.
  • Love 2

It's entirely possible they all saw this as a lucrative career path for a pretty but dumb kid (after all, JimBob can't knock up Michelle anymore) plus it solves the rampant hormone problem. So what if he's barely of legal age, he'll be set for life as one of the fabulous Duggars!

Then...oops.

• Love 7