Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

So Jessa is going to get called out for NOT having a registry; but if she had one, she'd be called out for the ridiculous money grab?

I think it was more of an observation because it goes against the grain of their usual tacky, grifter behavior. I'm sure Jessa has something up her sleeve to get others to pay for her baby crap.

• Love 9

I'm sure Jessa has something up her sleeve to get others to pay for her baby crap.

Oh, don't worry, the tweenies who just OMG!!!!! LUV !!!!!!! her beachy waves are probably sending her baby gifts already.

My mom worked with a woman in the 1980's who sent Prince William a toy or outfit every payday, despite what people said to her about wasting her money/the royal family donating the stuff away/etc. These idiots do exist.

• Love 14

If Jessa keeps tabs on this forum, a pic or something will come out soon, because her thread is dropping in posts.

Oh, and she probably is pissed with all the Duggars asking for money, JB is probably making her wait on the baby registry. 

• Love 3

If Jessa keeps tabs on this forum, a pic or something will come out soon, because her thread is dropping in posts.

Oh, and she probably is pissed with all the Duggars asking for money, JB is probably making her wait on the baby registry.

Jessa always has to wait for everything :(. She can't even get married or pregnant first! She must be the black sheep.

• Love 4

She wore that shirt before she was knocked up. I remember it from when she was engaged; it might be the shirt she wore to the stupid "bachelor" party when the guys played football and the girls waved pompoms. 

She either wore this shirt or a "wifey" kind of thing (different than the one she wore on her wedding day). I'm not going to dig through episodes to confirm this, but I know the shirt is a pre-pregnancy thing. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Jessa posted some pics of Ben's siblings swimming.There is another instagram war because some posters noted that the Duggar pool has murky looking water. Oh the leg humpers...

they have a pool?
  • Love 1

The leghumpers are claiming the water is murky because it's a saltwater pool, but I swam in a saltwater pool for years and the water was always clear.

If I'm not mistaken, the pool they swim in belongs to a neighbor. IIRC, they let the Duggars use it while they're out of town, which IMO is insane and a huge liability risk. They're probably naive enough to think Boob won't sue if Josie slips and cracks her head open.

• Love 4

they have a pool?

Yes, but they've been careful to not show it. People started to notice it during the final episodes and it some spotted what could be the pool when the Fox News chick was at the house. Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 2

Yes, but they've been careful to not show it. People started to notice it during the final episodes and it some spotted what could be the pool when the Fox News chick was at the house.

I am inclined to believe this.  I asked some months ago about the pool.   

The reason I think it is theirs is because the fencing matches the rest of their fencing.  Besides, I doubt anyone would let (especially the Duggars) swim in the pool. Way too many liability issues.

Is anyone tech savvy enough to get one of those google overhead pics?

• Love 1

Is anyone tech savvy enough to get one of those google overhead pics?

I looked around, but can't find any with the pool, or playground they added. I think both are very recent. I've never seen the pool, but I wasn't looking too hard. The playground has been clearly shown in the background of the final season.

• Love 1

If you want to show pictures of property, please provide the link, not the embedded photo.

Also, this is the Jessa and Ben thread. Just because they went swimming somewhere doesn't mean we get into an extended conversation about the swimming pool.

Thanks!

If you put 600 Arbor Acres, Springdale, AR into Google maps and then click on "satellite view" you can kinda' look around.

I expanded the field of vision slightly wider than Kokapetl's posted view and waaay back in the NW corner there seems to be some kind of water feature that could maybe be called a swimmin' hole. Looks really murky and clogged with algae.

I don't see any neighbors with pools. Barely any neighbors!

And that could be an older satellite photo.

ETA I can't figure out how to link a Google map. And sorry for OT.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1

In the Jessa in pink picture, what is that writing in the background? I can read the word "Lord".  

I love to look at the backgrounds of pictures. 

Yes, i think she wore that shirt to the engagement football game party thing whatever you called it. 

• Love 2

Jessa looks good in that pink jersey bump picture. I like the bun. She looks just like any mainstream pregnant young woman.

Is it weird that I think she married below her status? I just don't find Bin that good looking, and he is soooo dull. Even without education, she seems like she could have aimed a little 'higher'. The seem happy, I know, but I just wonder if she had dated 'normally' if she would have ended up with Ben.

• Love 3

I agree. Aren't there any other MEN that Jessa could've hooked up with? Jessa would've done well with someone older and bit more experienced in life.

I think Jessa was wise to choose someone 2-3 years younger, it evened up the balance of power, especially for the early years.
  • Love 5

Jessa looks good in that pink jersey bump picture. I like the bun. She looks just like any mainstream pregnant young woman.

As we have discussed before, it's just not that modest according to what they preach (as recently as the wedding party dresses & remember how many times did we have to hear about their modest clothing then? At least 10x per episode.) I wonder what MEchelle would have said years ago if a lady that was "expecting" walked by any of her sons wearing that tight of a shirt. I'm sure it would have been a NIKE moment.

• Love 12

Is it weird that I think she married below her status? I just don't find Bin that good looking, and he is soooo dull. Even without education, she seems like she could have aimed a little 'higher'. The seem happy, I know, but I just wonder if she had dated 'normally' if she would have ended up with Ben.

No, I think she could have done WAY better than Ben. I said it at the beginning of this courtship nonsense that she would have been better suited to an older, wealthier man (not like Hugh Hefner old, but a late 20s, early 30s doctor) and I stick by that. 

• Love 2

I agree. Aren't there any other MEN that Jessa could've hooked up with? Jessa would've done well with someone older and bit more experienced in life. 

I wonder whether the sticking point is that guys beyond a certain age -- or even young guys with a certain amount of confidence -- hesitate to sign up for a lifetime in which they'll constantly be under pressure to be Jim Bob's bitch. Jessa has never really given the impression that she wants to move a significant distance from mommy and daddy, has she? (unlike Jill and JInger, who've said things that at least implied that they'd be willing to). And I think most guys of any perception could see that as long as you were anywhere near Jim Bob he would be trying to assert his almighty authority over you, nonstop, in various nefarious ways.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10

I wonder, though, if they were primarily hiring for a husband or for a pretty cast member. It's not as if Jim Bob was likely to let any of his daughters' husbands be the headship in their families. Until a few months ago, all he needed to be was hard core christian, buff and capable of impregnating Jessa as often as possible.

• Love 10

Jessa comes off as the bitch but i think she is the most insecure and covers it up with her bitch attitude. Jessa often appears uncomfortable with dopey Jim Bob and his antics.

Jill and Jinger have expressed that they would like to move or get an education or something. 

I think Jessa would LOVE to run far away but has no clue and actually knows that. So Ben comes along and she settles, knowing darn well that she can't handle much better.  Ben fits the Duggar standards.

I think Jessa has accepted the fact that she is who she is and made the best of it.  Jessa is often called a realist, not fluffy and fanciful. She is probably one of the few kids to actually have a clue.  I suspect jessa is online a lot and has interest in the real world, which is why she is aware that she is very out of place. 

Jessa's clothes, make up, hair and selfies indicate that she has been surfing the net. A lot. I suspect she is one of the few who sneaks onto fan pages and hater pages to figure out what people think of her and her family. I truly think Jill has no interest in that stuff...Jill lives in her head and ignores the outside world. Jessa? Jessa is very aware.  I think that's why she didn't even attempt to further her education...she realized that it's a dead end with her poor education and not being allowed out without a chaperone....how stupid would she look? no thanks.  She would rather stay home and organize trips and closets and stuff. 

I find Jessa the most interesting of the older girls. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 6

Jessa comes off as the bitch but i think she is the most insecure and covers it up with her bitch attitude. Jessa often appears uncomfortable with dopey Jim Bob and his antics.

Jill and Jinger have expressed that they would like to move or get an education or something. 

I think Jessa would LOVE to run far away but has no clue and actually knows that. So Ben comes along and she settles, knowing darn well that she can't handle much better.  Ben fits the Duggar standards.

I think Jessa has accepted the fact that she is who she is and made the best of it.  Jessa is often called a realist, not fluffy and fanciful. She is probably one of the few kids to actually have a clue.  I suspect jessa is online a lot and has interest in the real world, which is why she is aware that she is very out of place. 

Jessa's clothes, make up, hair and selfies indicate that she has been surfing the net. A lot. I suspect she is one of the few who sneaks onto fan pages and hater pages to figure out what people think of her and her family. I truly think Jill has no interest in that stuff...Jill lives in her head and ignores the outside world. Jessa? Jessa is very aware.  I think that's why she didn't even attempt to further her education...she realized that it's a dead end with her poor education and not being allowed out without a chaperone....how stupid would she look? no thanks.  She would rather stay home and organize trips and closets and stuff. 

I find Jessa the most interesting of the older girls. 

Good points. I can see this as a strong possibility. If it is the case, poor Jessa. I wish we could tell her that once you're out in the world, you actually can get up to speed -- eventually -- without dying of embarrassment or being ridiculed to death. And it's well worth the early awkwardness and fears.

• Love 4

She has quite the little fan club on social media. But no, by choosing to stay influenced by JB's little bubble, she has demonstrated no interest in living in the "real" world, doing "real" things that girls her age do. She likes the power and influence she wields over her 14 year old fans; it feeds her ego, which has proven to be quite huge. 

• Love 6

Their parents can, at the kids' requests. I imagine that's how most of these kids found the Duggars in the first place. Especially the really sheltered ones who still have TV (or found the episodes on YouTube). I imagine those kids all have Family TV time and aren't allowed to watch the evil boob tube without a parent present. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

But is it worth it to HER? She's used to being a big fish in a small pond. Exposure to more of the real world might reveal that the empress has no clothes. 

Also a good point. I really would like to get inside her head. I guess that having both things at once might be what she'd really like. But then again, that's probably true of a lot of us -- given our druthers, we'd like to combine the benefits of big-fish-in-a-little-pond and little-fish-in-a-big-fun-pond. If you can choose, then I suppose you're somebody who's either a little more interested in the world beyond you or a little more interested in your own ego. All the selfies would suggest the latter in this case, but then again she's certainly in the selfie generation.

She has quite the little fan club on social media. But no, by choosing to stay influenced by JB's little bubble, she has demonstrated no interest in living in the "real" world, doing "real" things that girls her age do. She likes the power and influence she wields over her 14 year old fans; it feeds her ego, which has proven to be quite huge. 

I wonder how many will remain fans as they get older. Seems that most will fall away. But there will always be a remnant of diehards, I suppose. Probably not enough to support Ben's 21st-century e-ministry though, I would guess.

I wonder how many will remain fans as they get older. Seems that most will fall away. But there will always be a remnant of diehards, I suppose. Probably not enough to support Ben's 21st-century e-ministry though, I would guess.

Edited by Churchhoney

Their parents can, at the kids' requests.

14 year olds ar fickle. Once she's off the air for a few months, they'll flock to someone else.

Jessa should just start a gofundme, called something like 'Buy Me Shit!'.

• Love 3

I think Jessa is massively insecure about herself and her family. She's also in denial. I've noticed when someone critiques the Duggars, Jessa gets very defensive and downright bitchy. For such a "realist", she certainly cannot handle criticism or the truth.

I've said it before, if Jessa wasn't a Fundy, she'd be a model/trophy-wife type.

• Love 10

She did marry below her status IMO. I see her as their Jane Bennet (without the wit, charm, or kindness but that's beside the point). She could have gotten a Mr. Bingley, but she settled for a Mr. Collins.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 4

She did marry below her status IMO. I see her as their Jane Bennet (without the wit, charm, or kindness but that's beside the point). She could have gotten a Mr. Bingley, but she settled for a Mr. Collins.

Unfortunately, Jessa will never understand these cues, which most high schoolers would know. I think P&P would be classified as a "romance" novel to them, totally missing the biting social commentary. As such, it would be on their banned books list, thought of as stuff for the frivolous. 

Their loss. Especially Jessa (who I see more as Emma, without the influence of older, wiser Knightley to guide her through life's perils). I totally see Jessa pulling an Emma on Box Hill with people she sees as inferior to her. 

• Love 6

It's unbelievably depressing to realize that Jane Austen qualifies as an inappropriate author in their world. They have missed so much -- we live in a time when information is so easily available thanks to the Internet, and yet think of how clueless they are compared to young women centuries ago, like the Brontes and Austen.

• Love 5

It's unbelievably depressing to realize that Jane Austen qualifies as an inappropriate author in their world. They have missed so much -- we live in a time when information is so easily available thanks to the Internet, and yet think of how clueless they are compared to young women centuries ago, like the Brontes and Austen.

Boy, this is so true. And so crazy that their parents actually decree that they shouldn't hear any information or ideas. Except for evil dictators who insist on manipulating and oppressing people to conserve their own power, who decrees that for young people in the modern world? Most people want to share favorite books and music and such with their kids and then hope their kids go on to experience far more than they did. "I hear babies cry, I watch them grow. They'll learn much more than I'll ever know. And I think to myself, What a wonderful world!" But Jim Bob would think "What a terrible world!" Just odd. And hard to imagine that it all doesn't stem from some kind of fear.

• Love 11

Boy, this is so true. And so crazy that their parents actually decree that they shouldn't hear any information or ideas. Except for evil dictators who insist on manipulating and oppressing people to conserve their own power, who decrees that for young people in the modern world? Most people want to share favorite books and music and such with their kids and then hope their kids go on to experience far more than they did. "I hear babies cry, I watch them grow. They'll learn much more than I'll ever know. And I think to myself, What a wonderful world!" But Jim Bob would think "What a terrible world!" Just odd. And hard to imagine that it all doesn't stem from some kind of fear.

I teach at a community college in the South, and this doesn't surprise me at all. I see parents do their best to sabotage their children's college education on a dismayingly regularl basis. It seems to come from insecurity--"if the kids get educated they might think they are better than us! We never went to college and we're fine!"

• Love 8

I think Jessa is massively insecure about herself and her family. She's also in denial. I've noticed when someone critiques the Duggars, Jessa gets very defensive and downright bitchy. For such a "realist", she certainly cannot handle criticism or the truth.

I've said it before, if Jessa wasn't a Fundy, she'd be a model/trophy-wife type.

Trophy wife, yes but hardly a model. Shes short and I mean while she is good looking there are plenty of other attractive young women out there. I know plenty of people who are just as pretty as Jessa IRL .

I think thats part of it too- in her fundy world she really is queen bee. She would absolutely be the bitchy popular girl in hs. I think that she just has that type of personality that she has to be the prettiest, fundie-est, best everything and its not hard to achieve that in fundyland. 

I think she is self aware enough to know she is below average in everything ( and yes including looks, I think she is your average pretty girl personally) in the real world so she stays in the bubble. 

• Love 5

I teach at a community college in the South, and this doesn't surprise me at all. I see parents do their best to sabotage their children's college education on a dismayingly regularl basis. It seems to come from insecurity--"if the kids get educated they might think they are better than us! We never went to college and we're fine!"

Yeah, you're right. I've seen it too. Insecurity seems to be a good explanation. And we've all got some control freak in us, to emerge if conditions are right, I guess. Insecurity provides the conditions.

• Love 2