Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I haven't seen the video but somewhere else (Pickles? FreeJinger?) said he would take very cold showers, and that was the self-harm. I'm not even kidding.

Ice cold showers are no joke though, you couldn't pay me enough to do that again.

• Love 1

Gothard very much believes (or tells his followers) that they are the new "chosen people" and the "righteous remnant". Many Fundy groups use this kind of language and thus pick and choose a few OT oddities to follow.

I used to be a Seventh Day Adventist and they were always going on about how THEY were the righteous remnant!.

• Love 3

That's why religion talk wears real thin after a while.  Everyone think they are right. 

I was fundamentalist Baptist and they spend a lot of time on the negative aspects of everything. Sports, music, other religions, clothing, TV etc. 

Ben is very typical for his culture.     snooze. 

• Love 6

Ice cold showers are no joke though, you couldn't pay me enough to do that again.

Last year, DH and I went to one of the national parks and stayed at a lodge that was having hot water problems. After a day of hiking, I was sticky with sweat, but I cried in that cold shower. Literally cried, because it was so awful. So either they're talking about lukewarm showers or there's a "suffer for God" thing going on here, which is a religious concept I never bought into.

Ben just doesn't impress me. I hope he's at least good to Jessa.

• Love 4

Last year, DH and I went to one of the national parks and stayed at a lodge that was having hot water problems. After a day of hiking, I was sticky with sweat, but I cried in that cold shower. Literally cried, because it was so awful. So either they're talking about lukewarm showers or there's a "suffer for God" thing going on here, which is a religious concept I never bought into.

Ben just doesn't impress me. I hope he's at least good to Jessa.

I'm willing to give ben the BENifit(haha bad pun time) of the doubt and say that this is the suffer for God thing going on. Only because these fundies are insane, and i don't really doubt a young ben thinking he's full of sin and needs to suffer. Which is actually kind of sad, and would explain a lot about him.

But, now that he's a Duggar... luke warm also seems likely

• Love 5

https://instagram.com/p/5GMWEJAJgm/?taken-by=ben_seewald

Here's the Mormon post. Apparently, he interviewed a "former" Mormon to compare doctrines. I suggested that he interview a CURRENT Mormon instead. I didn't mention it, but former members of pretty much ANY sect are going to harbor some animosity against their former people. They left for a reason! At any rate, Ben seems to be getting taken to task in the comments. I just can't with "Pastor" Seewald. Ugh...

• Love 4

From Ben's instagram:

Ladies...watch out for dudes that want to date you, but have no intention whatsoever of any serious relationship. A lot of guys want to enjoy you and play with your heart and emotions with no commitment or responsibility on their part. They're thinking "Why do I need to commit? I'm getting what I want...and when I get tired of her I'll just move on to the next girl I can use." Just be careful girls. Don't give away your heart or your body to someone who isn't prepared to cherish you for the long haul.

Hey, Ben, newsflash: sometimes women are into casual flings and hookups too. So you can cut it out with the patronizing bullshit.

Some of the comments on that post are a doozy:

g.marie.g@rlg92987 Women are the root cause of the immoral acts of men. If women would dress more modestly, and treat themselves as what they are, women, them men wouldn't have nearly as big of a problem. I'm not saying that there won't be some men that struggle with lust, etc... but women are the cause. Yeah, we should be teaching boys/men how to treat a woman, but that doesn't take away from the fact that women need to change, and treat themselves with more dignity. Ben is completely right. It is build into a mans head to look at a women immorally when the women is exposed in the wrong way, therefore, it's the women's fault. You can't blame men for something that they can't help. We should help them by dressing modestly, and not asking for the wrong attention.
  • Love 9

Ladies...watch out for dudes that want to date you, but have no intention whatsoever of any serious relationship. A lot of guys want to enjoy you and play with your heart and emotions with no commitment or responsibility on their part. They're thinking "Why do I need to commit? I'm getting what I want...and when I get tired of her I'll just move on to the next girl I can use." Just be careful girls. Don't give away your heart or your body to someone who isn't prepared to cherish you for the long haul.

What great advice! Thanks, Pastor Seewald! Question though: what am I supposed to do when I just want to get laid?

• Love 21
(edited)

You pray to god for forgiveness, sinner.

Impossible. Women don't want sex. Unless you're a whore.

Of course! *forehead slap* Thank goodness there are "dudes" on Instagram who have dedicated their lives to saving me from my disgusting, whorish self, otherwise I'd have no idea how to behave with my tiny little female pea-brain.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 12

Or as it was so eloquently put, "Why buy the pig when all you want is a little sausage?"

(From the world's most conservative relationship person personally, but doesn't need to lecture people about their lives.)

• Love 10
(edited)

From Ben's instagram:

Hey, Ben, newsflash: sometimes women are into casual flings and hookups too. So you can cut it out with the patronizing bullshit.

Some of the comments on that post are a doozy:

This comment is wrong on so many levels

g.marie.g@rlg92987 Women are the root cause of the immoral acts of men. If women would dress more modestly, and treat themselves as what they are, women, them men wouldn't have nearly as big of a problem. I'm not saying that there won't be some men that struggle with lust, etc... but women are the cause. Yeah, we should be teaching boys/men how to treat a woman, but that doesn't take away from the fact that women need to change, and treat themselves with more dignity. Ben is completely right. It is build into a mans head to look at a women immorally when the women is exposed in the wrong way, therefore, it's the women's fault. You can't blame men for something that they can't help. We should help them by dressing modestly, and not asking for the wrong attention.

Edited by amitville
  • Love 2

I want a Ben-sex scandal so badly.

With an ego that's already dangerously over-inflated at 19, and his absolute certainty of his own moral and spiritual superiority, I have no doubt that will happen.

• Love 3

Good lord, there aren't words. It is people like this, people who believe that everything a man does wrong is somehow a woman's fault, that will eat up Bin's words. People like this scare the hell out of me.

• Love 12

I want a Ben-sex scandal so badly.

I think we're more likely to see in, say, 10 years, a really neutered Bin who is happy with his life of ministry and 7 kids, and thinks Jessa is perfectly content, but a Jessa who longs for the Duggar TV fame days and all the attention, and has an affair. I've personally seen way too many dead boring minister husbands with Jessica Simpson choir master wives, who end up almost begging the first man who pays any attention to have an affair.

It's sad that they can't fathom any interaction between a man and a woman without some sort of wanton orgy. Dating, especially casual dating, doesn't always mean automatic sex with a desperate woman and a sinister man, and marriage doesn't necessarily mean you're loved and cherished.

• Love 8

Ben started that with "Ladies", then he used "girls". He used "dudes" followed by "guys".  I'm not really sure why that bugs me, but it does!!

I can hear his voice, make it stop!

• Love 1

The nerve of these people never ceases to amaze me.  First the Duggar girls give dating "advice".  They had never dated and they write a book about it.  Then this little snot nose kid is giving dating advice? It makes me want to slap the shit out him and wipe that arrogant look off his face.

I'm so glad the Duggars are telling other people how to live their lives.  Not.  Who the hell do they think they are?

Life is going to take that kid down a notch or five at some point.  It will be interesting to see how that turns out for him.  Just ugh.  Can't stand him.

• Love 7

As a Mormon, Ben is barking up the wrong tree. Come to church with me and then we will talk. Don't interview some random guy.

Be brave, Ben!!!  If you're gonna condemn me to hell, at least make sure you have accurate information. 

• Love 3

IMHO of course, but Jessa Blessa had better lose that baby weight at the speed of light post-partum. I can see Bin with a bad rug and a gut someday, but he expects His Woman to be as hot as humanly possible.

And his "dating advice" is ridiculous. Considering the fact he's never been out on an unchaperoned "date", he'd be the last person I'd look to for any advice at all on the matter.

• Love 11

IMHO of course, but Jessa Blessa had better lose that baby weight at the speed of light post-partum. I can see Bin with a bad rug and a gut someday, but he expects His Woman to be as hot as humanly possible.

And his "dating advice" is ridiculous. Considering the fact he's never been out on an unchaperoned "date", he'd be the last person I'd look to for any advice at all on the matter.

Part of Ben's problem is his approach. He'd attract a lot more positive attention if he said something like: "I've really developed a fond appreciation for the time I get to spend with my wife. She is incredible and I love her dearly. I hope that all the young men and women out there still looking for the "one" choose wisely and create beautiful lives together." Or something equally as schmaltzy. 

Same goes for his religious "comparisons". You won't be as apt to tick off millions of devout members of a religion if you stick to theological differences and not openly declaring who is and who is not a Christian. 

• Love 14

I just mostly find myself wishing (cringing a little) when Jessa & Ben post anything, wishing someone would MAKE IT STOP!!!!  It comes out all fire and brimstone, like his father.  Ben's dad has enough life experience and age on him to already BE who he is.  (Not saying I "like" who he is, I'm just saying he "is" who he is).  When you are 20 (TWEN-TEEEE!!!!), you need to shut up, sit down, ride the life-waves for awhile and learn something.  NOBODY wants to hear from Ben about anything - if they even "think" he's all that (and a bag-o-chips), then THEY need to shut up, sit down and ride awhile.  I can say all this because I was there too... and I was pompous, I was arrogant, and I thought I had all the answers (or knew where to get them pretty quick).  No social media, so not as vocal, but every bit as wound up in my "I know everything" persona.  I'm so EMBARRASSED when I look back now at things I wrote then.  If I heard a recording of myself, I'm pretty sure I would just roll over and pray to be dead.  Life experience is EVERYTHING, and they have N.O.N.E.

• Love 22

The thing is, Ben really could start developing a ministry that could go somewhere if he were just a little more humble. Humility is a good, solid, timeworn Christian trait. It's just as important to let people know what you do not know as what you do. It will serve him well in the long run.

• Love 14

In that vein, Ben is clearly in his "I'm 20 and I know it ALL" phase. It's virtually impossible to impress upon someone like him that there is a LOT he still has to learn. You'd think a couple years at community college would have taught him this, but since we have absolutely no indication that he's continuing his formal education, I can make a pretty safe assumption that he thinks he's formally learned all he needs to know to "preach," since that's apparently what he wants to do with this phase of his life. 

As for his audience, I wonder if Ben or Jessa actually give any real thought to it, aside from the fact that they know they have hundreds of thousands of followers. Ben posted a happy birthday post for his mother last night, and some girl commented that it was her birthday, too. She just turned 15. I am just surprised that these Christian parents who use the Duggars as role models allow their young teen daughters to even BE on social media. Isn't it too much "of the world" for those types? 

• Love 4

Ben, STFU, you pompous little ass.

Still wet behind the ears, and telling everybody how to live their lives.

Guess you have a lot of time to think up all this bullshit, seeing as you don't work.  "Working" for Daddy Boob doesn't count.

• Love 10

You'd think a couple years at community college would have taught him this

Well the key here is "at community college"  He wasn't "at" anywhere.  He may have gotten enough units via internet classes to obtain a degree but he wasn't actually "at" or "in college".  He hasn't had that experience, which to me is extremely important.  

• Love 4
(edited)

But there had to be something in a core class required for his AA that he actually LEARNED. I don't expect him to be able to quote the works of any major philosopher, but there had to be SOME class required that went beyond his major (which changed from business to poly sci). Didn't he LEARN about parties not called Republican or that our country was not formed as a theocracy in his poly sci classes, or did he just dismiss these facts out of hand and soldier on with his closed mind and beliefs?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

But there had to be something in a core class required for his AA that he actually LEARNED. I don't expect him to be able to quote the works of any major philosopher, but there had to be SOME class required that went beyond his major (which changed from business to poly sci). Didn't he LEARN about parties not called Republican or that our country was not formed as a theocracy in his poly sci classes, or did he just dismiss these facts out of hand and soldier on with his closed mind and beliefs?

The later, like a good Christian should! Thinking is of the devil, you know.

• Love 7

We actually don't know that the first time he was alone with a young woman was his wedding night. Sexually yes, but I don't think Ben was as socially isolated as the Duggars are, and was it ever explicitly said that he was saving his first kiss for marriage or was it sort of like Derrick - "we're saving our first kiss for marriage" and Jessa saying "I'm saving my first kiss for marriage."

Or even if that's still true, I was pretty Fundy, kissed no one but my husband (albeit before marriage) and I was alone with men in a room with them. And yes, I married about as young as Ben.

• Love 4
(edited)

Didn't he LEARN about parties not called Republican or that our country was not formed as a theocracy in his poly sci classes, or did he just dismiss these facts out of hand and soldier on with his closed mind and beliefs?

Well, plenty of people learn only what they're looking for. Sometimes even when it's the opposite of what's being taught. I even find it hard to tell whether I do that myself sometimes. : )     I'd kind of expect Ben to take this route -- even as he would imagine that he were taking the other. He's not really the brightest bulb. And not open-minded or with any humility at all about what he already knows and doesn't know. He truly believes that he's already been given the entire knowledge blueprint needed for life, I expect. With education filling in just the technical details and providing credentials.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

I had a dream last night that Jessa, Ben and I were international mercenaries hunting zombies. 

Luckily, Ben had on full body armor and a mask and wasn't talking. Also, I think maybe Jessa and I were together in my dream, and she wasn't pregnant.

I need to take a break from the Duggars, clearly. 

• Love 6

Ben is an ideal choice for zombie killing. He's young, strong, and would consider it his moral and religious duty.

So true. Of all the Duggars/Duggars-in-law, he's definitely the most likely to survive.

There's a joke in here about someone mistaking Derrick for a zombie these days...

• Love 2

As a Mormon, Ben is barking up the wrong tree. Come to church with me and then we will talk. Don't interview some random guy.

Be brave, Ben!!!  If you're gonna condemn me to hell, at least make sure you have accurate information. 

Bin would benefit to going to various churches. He might wake up to the fact that all other religions aren't as bad as he thinks in his mind they are.

Considering he lives in Tonitown, which has a population of Italian Catholics, he can easily slip into church and learn that Mary is NOT the enemy and that we cherish her as the mother of Jesus. I don't know why his Christian is better than anyone else's form of Christian?

• Love 11

So true. Of all the Duggars/Duggars-in-law, he's definitely the most likely to survive.

There's a joke in here about someone mistaking Derrick for a zombie these days...

Reminds me of that line about cockroaches....

But, in the glorious end a beautiful army of cats appear and scratch both of them to death, a very slow one.

• Love 1