Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I actually went to Chick-fil-la today to meet friends with kids. Didn't eat, but enjoyed the kids playing. And the great refills too. I'm willing to cut Bin some slack because he is so young.

I checked it out and it really is a trip -

That Binjermin isn't too bright, is he? 

That instagram just doesn't stop being funny.  I hope plenty of people filled up the comments with telling him how dumb it is and/or plenty of 'yay science!' comments.  

• Love 1

One of Ben's recent posts is the stupidest things I've ever read.  It's about one person turning his back on science and dying, then another person who embraced science and lived.  Then it goes on to say embrace Jesus because, why?  I don't know if he got the irony of science=life and prayer=death.  

Also, Jessa is shilling for Chik-fil-a today.  I obviously boycott that dreadful company, but I have to say that I sometimes really crave some nuggets from there.  Still, knowing that they likely give these horrible people hefty discounts and/or gift cards makes me glad that I continue to boycott.  

That was the post I took Ben to task for, having lost both my deeply faithful parents to cancer. I told him that if he was implying that not having HIS kind of faith killed them, then he was 1000% wrong. I told him to think about his words, because they matter. My post predictably disappeared. :D

• Love 9
(edited)

That instagram just doesn't stop being funny.  I hope plenty of people filled up the comments with telling him how dumb it is and/or plenty of 'yay science!' comments.  

pfft please. That won't stop them. They believe 'The Flintstones' is an accurate historical portrayal of man and dino relationship.

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 5

If my husband wants to make me blush, he reminds me of my watching Brave Little Toaster while I was pregnant and bursting into tears for hours afterwards because Blankie was sad. In my defense, Blankie was really, really sad.

LOL... (Gasp)... LOL!!!!! That was HILARIOUS!!! I remember those days!!

A confession: I'm not sure i would boycott CFA if they put a horrible chemical agent in every nugget. (Maybe they do!). I'm not much of a boycotter, unfortunately (and yes, I feel some shame for admitting that). But I do love me some nuggets... KFC also has those popper things that are de-li-SHUSSSS cut up in a tossed salad. Mmmmmm

• Love 3

That was the post I took Ben to task for, having lost both my deeply faithful parents to cancer. I told him that if he was implying that not having HIS kind of faith killed them, then he was 1000% wrong. I told him to think about his words, because they matter. My post predictably disappeared. :D

Makes me want to ask Bin why he doesn't become a Catholic since his religion is not the right religion for me.

• Love 3

ben_seewaldThere were once two men that each had a deadly disease and both were visited by a friend who happened to be a doctor. The doctor told the first man, "I've got some bad news..." "STOP right there!" The man interrupted. "I create my own reality, and it is happy and positive!" With that he plugged his ears and hummed a merry tune as he skipped away from his doctor friend. A week later the positive thinker died despite his earnest and heartfelt belief that he was in perfect health.

The second man, when visited by his physician friend, listened carefully.

"I have some very bad news." The physician said.

"Well, it's truth, let me hear it." The diseased replied.

Doctor: "You have a deadly disease and are quickly dying."

Man: "That is bad..."

Doctor: "There is good news though! There is a cure, and if you take it, you will be healed!" The second man faced reality, took the cure, and was healed of his disease.

Let us face reality. There is Hope. There is an Answer to life's problems. There is true Light to conquer the darkness. We don't have to pretend. Face truth and let the truth set free. The Truth is not bondage. Deception is. Let the Truth set free. Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. (John 14:6)

Let me translate for everyone: Man #1 is the man who isn't Ben Seewald's brand of Christian, and who has created his own reality (he's happy and fine without following Ben's version of Christianity, but his happiness isn't real, because it doesn't agree with Ben), therefore, he's been told he's dying (a sinner going to hell), but the doctor tells him there is a cure that will heal him (admitting he's a sinner, believing in Jesus Christ to forgive his sins, confessing all this). But, he's so insistent on his own reality (happy, good person who hasn't been saved by Jesus), that he rejects the cure (Jesus) and dies.

Man #2 is also dying (a sinner), but listens and takes the cure (admitting he's a sinner, believing in Jesus Christ to forgive his sins, confessing all this), so he lives. 

The reality is that everyone, no matter how happy, sins and is separated from Jesus until we accept Ben's version of salvation. Our own realities (beliefs different than Ben's) are false and send us to hell. But there is hope that we can all listen to Ben, believe exactly as he does and be saved. Any other non-Ben beliefs are lies, killing, deceiving, etc. 

He really does truly believe he is being caring and diplomatic, and helping others with these stories. He doesn't have a clue that he sounds arrogant, confusing and egocentric, or that if you haven't spend some time in the Evangelical World, you have no idea what he's talking about.

• Love 11

http://www.inquisitr.com/2244447/duggar-videos-jessa-seewalds-husband-discusses-past-battles-with-self-harm-video/

“There were times before I understood the grace of God, I felt guilt for things I’d done wrong, sin, well I thought… ‘I need to pay for this. Something needs to be done.’ And so I would, you know, there’s different ways of doing, like, self-harm and stuff… but for me, I was like, ‘I’m going to take a cold shower.’ And that’s not pleasant at all, it is kind of very uncomfortable, so if I slip up or I sin, give in to this temptation or that temptation, then I am going to take a cold shower in order to kind of punish myself in a way.”

I can't bear to watch Ben speak, so someone please tell me he was trying to avoid masturbating, and wasn't suicidal or anything.

• Love 8
I can't bear to watch Ben speak, so someone please tell me he was trying to avoid masturbating, and wasn't suicidal or anything.

Well, next time I sin or "slip up" maybe I'll youtube Ben and make myself listen to him for an hour.  That would be a way to punish myself without wasting water.

• Love 16

http://www.inquisitr.com/2244447/duggar-videos-jessa-seewalds-husband-discusses-past-battles-with-self-harm-video/

He didn't mention what his "sins" where when he took his cold showers, but those where his punishments instead of cutting himself or other forms of self harm.

I don't think the cold showers where to prevent masturbating, but to punish himself for any sin he committed.

(Can't really tell, i zoned out a bit)

• Love 2

I think this cold shower bit performed by Ben was a form of self-flagellation, or a penance, if you will, for whatever transgressions he'd committed.  He didn't say anything about masturbation. 

(edited)

It's extremely common. There are TONS of people out there who become obsessive fans just due to proximity.

This. So true. The Duggars' tax money goes to help support University of Arkansas (and other state schools). They are in a sense, partial "owners" of the Razorbacks along with other Arkansas tax payers. I root for the teams for the state universities in my state because my tax dollars fund them so they're my teams, even if I only have a degree from one of them. (Obviously, when my alma mater plays another state university in my state, I root for my alma mater).

I live in a state where the NFL team was SO bad for decades. Many people became fans of the large state university's football team even if no one in their family went there because it was better entertainment and less disheartening to follow them than the NFL team. Since Arkansas has no NFL team (or MLB or NBA) or the closest good football or elite sports teams to follow are of course going to be U of Arkansas (and depending on where you live in the state, maybe Oklahoma or the surrounding states' universities' teams).

I'm from Boston and Ben would get a beatdown if he ever came here and suggested that people stay in church all day instead of watching the Patriots play. In any state/city that has a hard core pro or college fan base, sports are not a joke. Not.A.Joke.

I grew up in New Orleans, which is predominantly culturally Catholic. Even when the Saints were at their worst, the priests in the parish where I grew up would make sure that the 11:00am mass would last only 45 minutes on Sundays when the Saints game came on at noon. People would have been upset otherwise or just left church early. But the priests themselves also wanted to get out of there and get back to the rectory to watch the game. Eventually the parish just changed the whole mass schedule to the last morning mass on Sundays starting at 10:30am instead of 11:00am so it wouldn't interfere with watching any noontime Saints games. Yes, Ben, people who only sit in services for an hour on Sundays even cut that down to less time because of football.

I've heard of similar stories about shortened services during football season from friends who lived in other cities with NFL teams and large numbers of Catholics/cultural Catholics - like Philly, Baltimore, Miami, & places in NJ where there are lots of Jets, Giants, or Eagles fans. Of course it makes sense that Boston would be similar.

My friends who still lived in the parish where I grew up told me that the parish pastor completely canceled the 5:30pm evening mass on Super Bowl Sunday the year the Saints went to (and won) their first Super Bowl.

The majority of Southerners love them some football and some Jesus. But don't get twisted Ben - for many southerners football is their religion. Start moving it from Sunday and you'll get a lot of upset folks (as it would upset the whole "high school on Friday, college on Saturday, & pro on Sunday, Monday, and sometimes Thursdays" football schedule). I'd stay away from that if you want a successful career as a preacher in the south or anywhere that loves their football, Ben.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 3

Make that less than an hour on Sunday.  No need to mess around.  The orthodox churches around here, and there are many coptic ones, can take several hours.  I don't think I could stand that so haven't shown up on the chance it would be one of the really long ones.  I avoid high mass because 1) takes too long, say an hour and a half 2) they use enssense and I'm sickened by smells.

• Love 1

I am presuming that because it says "self harm" and then mentions the cold shower cure, that he's talking about masturbating. He's not the most articulate thing, so who knows.

• Love 5

I am presuming that because it says "self harm" and then mentions the cold shower cure, that he's talking about masturbating.

And since for the Duggars and their hangers-on, sexual sins are just about the only sins, anyway.

• Love 4
(edited)

There is one SUPER close to my work. i sometimes want to go there because it is the closest one to the Gothard HQ and I wonder if I can spot Fundies. I should one of these days. But I haven't ever eaten there ( mainly bc we never had Chick-fil-la here until a few years ago) but if I did, I would try a milkshake :-p

Are you talking about the one on 83 and St. Charles Rd? Oh fundie hunting, I'm in!! Yes, we can purpose to look for TFDW!

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 6

I'm really afraid to watch Ben's self harm video because I'm pretty sure it will make me scream vomit.  But if I get the gist of it, it's a pretty good illustration of what this brand of religion is so damaging.  When young people are so scared of messing up that they turn to self harm, there's a problem.  It should be a "pray harder and better" answer.  It should be a "seek medical care and get the hell out of the evangelical/fundie church" answer.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I want to take the person operating the camera and tell them how annoying the zoom in and out was.   Buy a second camera or leave the camera in one position.  

Okay, other than that, I loved hearing Ben speak- NOT.  I love it when a 19 year old knows it all.  

Are you talking about the one on 83 and St. Charles Rd? Oh fundie hunting, I'm in!! Yes, we can look for TFDW!

Okay, will you guys please take photos of the fundie hunting expedition?  That sounds like so much fun.  ;)  I'm picturing Elmer Fudd saying "Be verry verry quiet.  I'm hunting fundies."  

ETA:  I scrolled through to hear the shower part.  A cold shower?  Really?  What a horrible sinner you are. OMG  Benjermin needs to find a big city with a dungeon and a dominatrix that can really make him feel better for whatever sin he committed.  

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 5

I think this cold shower bit performed by Ben was a form of self-flagellation, or a penance, if you will, for whatever transgressions he'd committed. He didn't say anything about masturbation.

I feel sorry for Ben and Jessa's baby. It seems that Ben may be a very punitive type of father. Ben's own dad has said Ben responded well to our training. I associate that with lots of spanking.

• Love 6

Let me translate for everyone: Man #1 is the man who isn't Ben Seewald's brand of Christian, and who has created his own reality (he's happy and fine without following Ben's version of Christianity, but his happiness isn't real, because it doesn't agree with Ben), therefore, he's been told he's dying (a sinner going to hell), but the doctor tells him there is a cure that will heal him (admitting he's a sinner, believing in Jesus Christ to forgive his sins, confessing all this). But, he's so insistent on his own reality (happy, good person who hasn't been saved by Jesus), that he rejects the cure (Jesus) and dies.

Man #2 is also dying (a sinner), but listens and takes the cure (admitting he's a sinner, believing in Jesus Christ to forgive his sins, confessing all this), so he lives. 

The reality is that everyone, no matter how happy, sins and is separated from Jesus until we accept Ben's version of salvation. Our own realities (beliefs different than Ben's) are false and send us to hell. But there is hope that we can all listen to Ben, believe exactly as he does and be saved. Any other non-Ben beliefs are lies, killing, deceiving, etc. 

He really does truly believe he is being caring and diplomatic, and helping others with these stories. He doesn't have a clue that he sounds arrogant, confusing and egocentric, or that if you haven't spend some time in the Evangelical World, you have no idea what he's talking about.

This is what I tried to explain to him. He obviously didn't like it, since he deleted my post. 

(edited)

Wow - posting is fast-n-furious tonight, so trying to keep up. Some thoughts...

The Duggars should practice modesty by not appearing on television or social media. Refraining from dry humping your wife at a golf course (on national t.v.!!) is a good start. Bragging about having a servant's heart while not doing a damned thing to help others is extremely immodest. They are complete hypocrites to the nth degree. Modesty is more than what you wear. It's an attitude and lifestyle.

My Win The Interwebs For The Day, Joe Jitsu913 !!! Bragging about how "modest" you are is the OPPOSITE of being modest. I am, myself, fairly modest IRL, (not bragging here, but just for the purpose of making this post !) but I don't go about pointing out that my neckline is higher than most, or my skirt longer. I just wear what I wear and am who I am and that's it. I'm not beyond a regular swimsuit or short-shorts, but, while wearing them, I don't point out how "slutty" I'm being...

My take is that anyone (Ahem, <cough>, the whole Duggar clan and the Gothard/ATI world) who spends SO much time trying to PROVE who they are and what they're about are just whistling past the graveyard. As in "Methinks you doth protest too much..."

As for football vs. church - I'm from Pittsburgh. Both are religions here. We manage to schedule everything just fine. Plenty of Catholics in full Steeler garb at the early, early mass on Sundays, before tailgating begins. You'll see a few priests at the games. No harm, no foul. But since no one in the Duggar clan has even attended college except Derek, and they don't have an NFL team close, what's the problem ? College football is on Saturdays. I'm confused as to the whole issue. I can be a "good" Catholic, Lutheran, Jew, Muslim, Buddist, Zoroastrian, or whatever, and not have it affect my love of football or whatever. Doesn't mean I'll be attending a Pirates game while I'm expected at Easter dinner, but, other that that, what's the ruckus for ???

Ben's video - Oh my good Lord, what the holy hell WAS that ??? I couldn't finish it, the disgust just overwhelmed me, but from what I DID watch it seems to imply that self-harm (cutting ? Did I miss that as a reference ?) is preferable to the natural act of masturbation ? Seriously ? Really ??? 

The shaming and twisted sense of self imparted by the Gothard/ATI agenda is just sickening. Sickening. You'd rather have your child hurting him or herself to deny totally natural, human feelings and emotions ? THAT'S your God-like agenda... ? You hurt so many, help so few, and and so full of yourselves that you can't see the forest for the trees. YOU, Duggars, are harmful to your family, to religion, and to humanity in general. 

I'd propose that we all have shameful, lustful, loud, inappropriate sex tonight, or masturbate, gleefully, in protest to the Duggars ridiculous, hurtful agenda of "modesty" and "self-control" while they are anything but.  There won't be any cold showers in MY house tonight...

And I'm going to purpose to show my knees in public tomorrow, something I wouldn't normally do. 

I guess the Devil made me do it  :)

Edited by SomePity1066
  • Love 13
(edited)

The list of serious issues for which the Duggars are dispensing priceless advice just keeps growing.

Bulimia? Find a boyfriend like Jim Bob who'll drive it away through the force of his godly prayers.

Sexual molestation of children? Require them to stand before a group of people and forgive their molester, and any and all negative consequences will vanish poof into a pile of nothing-to-worry-about.

Self harm? Realize that it's a serious sin -- on the level of masturbation! -- and banish it by asking Jesus to ... banish it. Lacking that, take a lot of cold showers.

(Poverty and underdevelopment in conflict-ravaged villages? Have your nails painted by someone who knows that only the King James Bible can save you.)

They should start a therapy ministry.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

Skittl, you wouldn't have gotten this part of that set, being catholic. For Baptists, part II went like this: "we need to be EXCITED about Jesus the way we get excited about football!!!" (This was delivered in the baptist yell...). "If you can get emotional enough to scream and yell over a score at a football game, you OUGHT TO BE emotional enough to yell and scream about Jesus. If you can't get emotional about Jesus, there's something WRONG with you! People are dying and going to hell every DAY because we aren't spreading the word!!!"

ETA: As a result, I'm very careful to contain my emotions at sports events.

Having grown up Baptist, I've been in so many church services like this and I always find them funny. 

Here in Texas, one church I attended had the entire congregation wear their favorite jerseys to kick off football season. Ben's head would have exploded.

I'm from Boston and Ben would get a beatdown if he ever came here and suggested that people stay in church all day instead of watching the Patriots play. In any state/city that has a hard core pro or college fan base, sports are not a joke. Not.A.Joke.

Not a joke AT ALL!

• Love 3

Soo, WTF fundi tumblr has a twitter sermon from BenSeewald. Apparently he went after football fans (basically prioritizing football over his God.)

That Bin is so cutting edge and such a mighty warrior for the Gospel! I'll bet all his friends are giving up football -- after all, it's the new measuring stick of the Truly Holy. Hey, Bin -- my former pastor was preaching against roller skating almost 30 years ago. After all, it "separated him from God".

I can't imagine the misery of living in the Duggar household. There is no fun. There is no simple enjoyment of any non-Bible-related activity. It's all Jesus, all the time, and the only people to spend that time with are humorless, boring, self-satisfied prigs who have nothing to say and no awareness of the world around them.

• Love 16

It's an odd word to use for people who worship being fruitful and multiplying, but their environment is sterile.  Mentally sterile, emotionally sterile, intellectually sterile, psychologically sterile.  Throw the seeds of thought, of curiosity, of delight, of irony, of humor, of empathy, of anything that is an action-verb affirmative in there, and those seeds will shrivel into husks as soon as they land.

I just have to say, that was hauntingly, beautifully put.

• Love 17

In Ohio, The Ohio State Buckeyes football team IS a religion.

We would decorate the church, even though they play on Saturdays; there were separate prayers for the team; and the week we played that team up North, it was encouraged to wear team garb. The minister would were his vestments over a sweater or swearshirt. One minister even dressed up like Tressel.

Of course, I'm United Methodist so my religion is wrong anyways per Benessa.

• Love 7
(edited)

If you arent following their beliefs, the Duggars really do, deep down, think you probably aren't going to make it. They don't know FOR SURE, as God may be merciful, but yeah, probably not. Otherwise, why would God require so much of them, the REAL Christians if it didn't matter so much?

Edited by GEML
  • Love 4

If you arent following their beliefs, the Duggars really do, deep down, think you probably aren't going to make it. They don't know FOR SURE, as God may be merciful, but yeah, probably not. Otherwise, why would God require so much of them, the REAL Christians if it didn't matter so much?

And that is something I will never be able to wrap my head around. Full disclosure - I am religiously naive, but I don't understand this.

• Love 4

Have they actually said UMC is a no-no? I've only heard the rants about Catholics.

I wonder how they feel about Presbyterians.

Aren't they all evil, except for the Church of the Holy Tater Tot?

• Love 6

I can't imagine the misery of living in the Duggar household. There is no fun. There is no simple enjoyment of any non-Bible-related activity. It's all Jesus, all the time, and the only people to spend that time with are humorless, boring, self-satisfied prigs who have nothing to say and no awareness of the world around them.

Missy Vixen - This is my favorite post of the day !!! You really hit the nail on the head with this !

I think you've come up with the perfect slogan for 19K&C...

The Duggars: There Is No Fun.

• Love 4

Okay, aside from the thing that shall not be mentioned, MASTURBATION which is like 99 percent of boys do, where does God get off 'forgiving' us? God is 'perfect', he sees all, he knows all. Anything he doesn't like about the human race is ultimately HIS FAULT. Planting a tree of knowledge in the middle of the Garden of Eden? HIS FAULT. Setting up some BS system that requires 'Jesus to die for our sins', HIS FAULT. All roads lead back to Him, the good and the bad, and the onanistic.
  • Love 6

I've heard masturbation being called self-harm, so I don't think Ben was referring to physically injuring himself, like cutting or anything. It harms the soul or somesuch.

Meanwhile, I once read "If God hadn't meant for people to masturbate, he wouldn't have made their arms just the right length." I wish I could remember where that was from.

• Love 7
(edited)

I've heard masturbation being called self-harm, so I don't think Ben was referring to physically injuring himself, like cutting or anything. It harms the soul or somesuch.

Meanwhile, I once read "If God hadn't meant for people to masturbate, he wouldn't have made their arms just the right length." I wish I could remember where that was from.

There's a joke "Why do dogs lick themselves? Because they can't make a fist." Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 5
(edited)

They don't follow basic tenets of the Christian faith like baptism or taking sacrament/communion and they explicitly follow Old Testament laws. Maybe all Christian religions are wrong expects theirs because in actuality they are Jewish? Plot twist! 

ETA: Saw further down that they got baptized in Israel. My bad! 

Edited by PinkSprinkles
  • Love 1

The Duggar's baptize. They do full immersion baptism.  Didn't some of them get baptized in Israel?

I have no idea what they do about communion, but I went to a church that did it monthly- ish (if something was planned the day that was supposed to be communion it was skipped).  But the Bible doesn't say anything about the frequency of it.

The old testament beliefs are weird to me, but there seem to be a lot of Christians who do that.  

Are you talking about the one on 83 and St. Charles Rd? Oh fundie hunting, I'm in!! Yes, we can purpose to look for TFDW!

There is that one and one on butterfield right by Yorktown mall which is a little closer to Downers- haha we will just have to go to both then! Chick-fil-la for days!!!!

Ill bust out my most ankle length maxi skirt. 

Now here is the real question what would we actually do if TFDW and Prissy actually walked  in LOL . I dont think I would have the nerve to secretly take a picture, haha

• Love 2

Gothard very much believes (or tells his followers) that they are the new "chosen people" and the "righteous remnant". Many Fundy groups use this kind of language and thus pick and choose a few OT oddities to follow.

• Love 2