Type keyword(s) to search

Ugh!: Actors, Hosts, And TV Personalities You Just Can't Stand

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Mulva said:

Ronan is several years younger than Dylan.  He did not coach her.

I was saying Mia might have misinterpreted what she was saying and got on a roll with it.  I don't believe anyone coached her. 

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:11 AM, Wings said:

I was saying Mia might have misinterpreted what she was saying and got on a roll with it.  I don't believe anyone coached her. 

Whereas I believe Mia did coach Dylan.  I think at this point Dylan absolutely believes it happened; I don't think she's deliberately lying but was brainwashed by her mother at the time.  Ronan is just repeating what he's been told, and what his sister believes to be true.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Whereas I believe Mia did coach Dylan.  I think at this point Dylan absolutely believes it happened; I don't think she's deliberately lying but was brainwashed by her mother at the time.  Ronan is just repeating what he's been told, and what his sister believes to be true.

I agree that Dylan believes it happened. She developed an actual memory of it. 

• Love 1

Humor is subjective, etc. But I think Tracy Morgan's loopy, shouty, unfunny schtick is his actual personality. I cannot hit the fast-forward button soon enough whenever he's on TV.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, 2727 said:

Humor is subjective, etc. But I think Tracy Morgan's loopy, shouty, unfunny schtick is his actual personality. I cannot hit the fast-forward button soon enough whenever he's on TV.

If you’ve just thought that in recent years, don’t forget he was in a really traumatic (traumatic injuries for him) auto accident in which a good friend of his also died. As I remember it took him awhile to fully recover. Maybe that has has an effect on his “shtick”.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

If you’ve just thought that in recent years, don’t forget he was in a really traumatic (traumatic injuries for him) auto accident in which a good friend of his also died. As I remember it took him awhile to fully recover. Maybe that has has an effect on his “shtick”.

No.  He was that way long before the accident, unfortunate as that was.

• Love 19
7 hours ago, 2727 said:

1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

No.  He was that way long before the accident, unfortunate as that was.

He was absolutely like this before the accident. Remember Tina Fey was able to use real life footage of Tracy Morgan in 30 Rock as footage of his 30 Rock character, Tracy Jordan.

• Love 6

I may have already said this, but let me reiterate: Bill Maher is a jackass.

Not funny. Not interesting. He contributes nothing worthwhile to culture or society.

He's just a jackass.

Edited by WritinMan
Added stuff!
  • Love 23
On 11/22/2018 at 1:18 AM, janie jones said:

I can't really understand why Chip and Joanna Gaines are married to each other.  He's obnoxious and seems gross.

While I'm no fan of Mr. Gaines due to the aforementioned grossness (and no   outsiders can exactly pinpoint why ANY two folks decide to get married), I think Mrs. Gaines has said that Mr. Gaines was one of the few folks  in their area  who was attracted to   her unconventional ancestry rather than wanting to belittle her for it. Also, for his part, I think he liked that she recognized that he DID have potential beyond just being a Mr. Fix-It geer head ! Now, WHY anyone would KEEP doing gross stuff past the junior high stage when they've got a spouse and kids to attend to and provide for is beyond me! 

Edited by Blergh
lacking one
  • Love 1

Ray Liotta but there is no real reason why. Everything I see him in, I just see the crooked cop or mobster and his role could be a priest. Now, maybe I am typecasting because  he is usually in a movie or tv show where he is the crooked cop or mobster.

Edited by Enigma X
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Enigma X said:

Ray Liotta but there is no real reason why. Everything I see him in, I just see the crooked cop or mobster and his role could be a priest. Now, maybe I am typecasting because  he is usually in a movie or tv show where he is the crooked cop or mobster.

He creeps me out, but I can't put a finger on why.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Enigma X said:

He was pretty decent in Copland. And he wasn’t a mobster or crooked cop.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I did not see that, but my point is that I would see him as "bad" even when playing "good" because he gives me those vibes.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Or in Heartbeakers. He was the mark Max and Paige set up in the beginning ran chop shop and stole cars (Random repossessions Max's lawyer called it) which was how Max was able to get the large divorce settlement and the car. Although he did know how to get rid of a body so maybe he was (he just says when Max asks him that he's from Jersey). 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

I did not see that, but my point is that I would see him as "bad" even when playing "good" because he gives me those vibes.

Sorry, I misconstrued your original post. I thought you said what movies you did see he was either a mob or crooked cop and I mentioned Copland, where he wasn’t either one.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sorry, I misconstrued your original post. I thought you said what movies you did see he was either a mob or crooked cop and I mentioned Copland, where he wasn’t either one.

Your not the only one. I misumderstood what Enigma X said too. Sorry Enigma X.

5 hours ago, Haleth said:

Ray Liotta was beautiful in Field of Dreams.  It was the first time I'd ever seen him and those blue eyes captivated me.  Since then?  Yeah, he hasn't aged well.

Word. I really loved him in that. Acting and other wise.

Eh, doesn't matter. I think it's great he was able to stop smoking.

• Love 9

So, some pages back I said The Food Network Jason person annoyed me because he seemed like a caricature. I am watching reruns of him gettting what I am guessing is his break on Holiday Baking Championship, and it is proving my point. He was way less annoying. Annoying, yes, but way less. He took his natural personality, injected it with cocaine, and  overdosed.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Enigma X said:

So, some pages back I said The Food Network Jason person annoyed me because he seemed like a caricature. I am watching reruns of him gettting what I am guessing is his break on Holiday Baking Championship, and it is proving my point. He was way less annoying. Annoying, yes, but way less. He took his natural personality, injected it with cocaine, and  overdosed.

Blame it on the Food Networks. He won the Holiday Baking Championship before Food Network Star, so he was probably how he really is on HBC. But on FNS, they make all the contestants have a "POV" & a "story" & "personality", so he had to bump it up or be eliminated. They probably won't let him stop at this point.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Enigma X said:

Are you talking about Jason Smith? He's one of the absolute worst personalities The Food Network has ever had. I once saw him on a show where I think he said about the food: "It's the top of the dog." I'm not sure because it was so f'ing stupid. What does that mean? And who wants their food compared to a dog?

Edited by WritinMan
Typo!
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, WritinMan said:

Are you talking about Jason Smith? He's one for the absolute worst personalities The Food Network has ever had. I once saw him on a show where I think he said about the food: "It's the top of the dog." I'm not sure because it was so f'ing stupid. What does that mean? And who wants their food compared to a dog?

That is the one.

• Love 2

NOT that I'm defending Mr. J. Smith (nor do I have any. .. er dog in this race), but perhaps he meant to say 'it's the TOP DOG of food' (meaning- the best). Even if that was the case, that does sound appalling ignorant of terminology yet marginally better than using 'sick' to mean awesome or wonderful! 

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:42 PM, Enigma X said:

I first saw him as the perennial nice guy Joey Perrini on Another World way back when (and had a massive crush on him), so when I see him as a bad guy, it's a little jarring.  Even though he's been the bad guy a lot in his career.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:12 PM, Enigma X said:

I first saw him as a judge on another baking show and hated him for the same reason you find him annoying.  Just watched his season of Holiday Baking Championship, and I agree, he was more like a real person and less like a cartoon character then.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:

Just watched his season of Holiday Baking Championship, and I agree, he was more like a real person and less like a cartoon character then.

I grew to know and like him on Food Network Star (Season 13 in 2017)...and it took a little getting used to.  He did win that show and I expected "bigger" hosting things for him on that network.  He's relegated to judging or competing on various specialty shows.  He seems like a kind guy...very talented.   If it's schtick, I'm in favor (and that's not my usual style).

She's not in my life enough to be that much of a bother until I wade into the world of R29 newsletters and podcasts that discuss celeb gossip but I can't stand Chrissy Teigen. I've abandoned most of my irrational hate. (There's no reason to even care about Angelina Jolie anymore.) But Chrissy is endlessly annoying to me and I can't understand why anyone tolerates, much less enjoys her presence or her "humor." 

• Love 16
On 11/28/2018 at 2:56 PM, HaaCHOO said:

I grew to know and like him on Food Network Star (Season 13 in 2017)...and it took a little getting used to.  He did win that show and I expected "bigger" hosting things for him on that network.  He's relegated to judging or competing on various specialty shows.  He seems like a kind guy...very talented.   If it's schtick, I'm in favor (and that's not my usual style).

It seems all the Food Network Star winners after the guy who used to be a football player & ended up doing BBQ-related shows have been relegated to either doing something that only airs online, on the FN website, or doing things like judging other FN shows, although they’re still filming pilots for their own shows & they’re still being promised, as I remember, their own show on FN. Including Jason, who’s mostly only been judging other shows. Although he also won 1 of the baking shows, but I think that only got him money; not a promise of his own show.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To change italics to boldface and to add comments.
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, GaT said:

I can't stand Busy Philipps & her vocal fry. Hearing her speak is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I know she should bug me—her voice is quite unique, and she has this stream of consciousness speech pattern that makes her prattle on and on about herself on podcasts and such. And I’ve never been blown away by her acting choices, but I don’t know, there’s something I find oddly charming and likeable about her. 

• Love 1

This is local but I really need to express my loathing for one of the local weather guys. I hate his fucking voice. I hate the fucking way he talks. I can't listen to the weather when he's doing it. I want him to go away. NOW.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ABay said:

This is local but I really need to express my loathing for one of the local weather guys. I hate his fucking voice. I hate the fucking way he talks. I can't listen to the weather when he's doing it. I want him to go away. NOW.

I feel ya.  I can name several tv people whose voices annoy the hell out of me but I'll just mention one:  Craig Melvin on NBC.

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:39 AM, GaT said:

I can't stand Busy Philipps & her vocal fry. Hearing her speak is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Yes I can't stand her either. 

Andrea Anders as well.  I just think she is an awful actress.  Rushes her lines for one.  Though I thought she was hilarious on Modern Family as the neighbor to Phil and Clare

Elizabeth Banks as well.  She sucks.  She is attractive, that's about all she has going for her.  She can't do comedy, she can't act. 

• Love 1
On 11/24/2018 at 8:34 AM, Haleth said:

Ray Liotta was beautiful in Field of Dreams.  It was the first time I'd ever seen him and those blue eyes captivated me.  Since then?  Yeah, he hasn't aged well.

That's because he's a smoker.  He should have tried Chantix a lot earlier.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, druzy said:

Honey Boo Boo.

While I couldn't stomach even the promos that flooded that network and had to turn the station, I felt she was a grossly exploited minor victim rather than an adult deliberately being obnoxious.

However; I utterly loathe her so-called parents and the network for having  greenlighted that appalling sideshow! Where was Social Services anyway  and why didn't they stop this (much less attempt to find her a decent family to raise her)  before it went on the air?

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Blergh said:

While I couldn't stomach even the promos that flooded that network and had to turn the station, I felt she was a grossly exploited minor victim rather than an adult deliberately being obnoxious.

However; I utterly loathe her so-called parents and the network for having  greenlighted that appalling sideshow! Where was Social Services anyway  and why didn't they stop this (much less attempt to find her a decent family to raise her)  before it went on the air?

It makes me sick every time I see the promos. How does someone keep their children when they get back together with the man who assaulted her daughter? How does no one go to jail for that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 2/21/2019 at 12:09 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

Katherine Hepburn doesn't do it for me either. I prefer Lucille Ball. 

Other than   very few interviews down the years, Miss Hepburn never did any television. One of the few movie performers who successfully stayed away from that medium.

However; as long as we're doing movie performers of that generation who only occasionally did television, I loathe Joan Crawford who ( other than her spellbinding performance in Rain) was a Johnny One-Note hack who insisted everyone around her kowtow to her ego and, no unlike Rosie O'Donnell, I most certainly do NOT think she was 'framed' re her eldest daughter's claims of being a child torturer. 

Oh, but I'll always love Lucy and the fact that she actually initially FIRED Miss Crawford for being drunk during her guest appearance on The Lucy Show (only to have others guilt trip her to rehire her) ups her cred, AFAIK. Hooray that SOMEone actually actually attempted to stand up to and CALL Miss Crawford on her diva 'tude! 

To somewhat wrap this up, IMO, it's worth checking out the 1937 classic Stage Door which starred Miss Hepburn and featured Lucy as another struggling actress who only dated men that would 'treat' her to meals on dates so she'd not have to starve (and it was somewhat obvious that she realized she'd have to do more than kiss the dates on the cheek and say thank you afterwards)..  Even though it was somewhat played for laughs, during those Depression years, no doubt quite a few struggling working women dated strictly for the resulting meals. 

Edited by Blergh
tie in
  • Love 3

Since Ray Liotta was brought up and since he has not really been in anything major in awhile, he was just cast in the Sopranos movie prequel :

https://deadline.com/2019/02/ray-liotta-the-sopranos-prequel-film-goodfellas-mob-movie-david-chase-the-many-saints-of-newark-new-line-warner-bros-1202566594/

• Love 5
On 2/6/2019 at 6:27 PM, ABay said:

I am with you on this.  We have some seriously bad weather folks in my city and since we have like 8 months of winter many of the local newscasts are nothing but weather hysteria.

In the same vein...there is an announcer for one of the sports teams here that I cannot stand.  He is a local legend, has been with the team forever and has a very distinct voice which many love but I cannot stand.  Seriously, if I listen for more than a few minutes, I start to get a bit anxious.

• Love 3