Type keyword(s) to search

Ugh!: Actors, Hosts, And TV Personalities You Just Can't Stand

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

In the same vein...there is an announcer for one of the sports teams here that I cannot stand.  He is a local legend, has been with the team forever and has a very distinct voice which many love but I cannot stand.  Seriously, if I listen for more than a few minutes, I start to get a bit anxious.

That reminds me of something kind of funny, and still sort of on topic. About 10 years ago, they put new turf in at Gillette Stadium.  Apparently it was quite controversial. There was this local DJ who was always complaining about something and his flavor of the month was the turf.  So all week, I'd be listening to the radio and hearing about the stinking, stupid turf.  That Sunday I was at my boyfriend-at-the time's place watching the game.  The sportscaster said something about the turf and I lost it.  I shouted something like "OMG, shut up about the stinking turf!!!!!"  My boyfriend looked at me like I he was considering finding out if he could have me committed.

But, this DJ was just a such a complainer in general.  Prince Charles.  Turf.  Michael Jackson.  When the radio station got sold he got fired, and I was like "thank goodness."

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 3/11/2019 at 2:54 PM, Ohwell said:

You nailed it! 

Mandy Moore's current revival induced by This Is Us must be really annoying to you, then.

I'm a fan of her but I kind of bailed out on This Is Us this year. I will always have a soft spot for the show for giving us the hilarity of seeing a woman barely in her 30's dressed up like she's 65 years old;

image.png

I did think she was perfect casting for a smug Christian high school student in Saved! all those years ago.

On 8/2/2016 at 6:51 PM, Bastet said:

Whoever hosts that Pioneer Woman cooking show.  The food looks like hot buttered ass anyway, so I'm not sad I can't watch the show because of her, but she comes off as incredibly annoying and slightly deranged -- her smile is creepy. 

I know you posted that years ago but I always thought everyone but ME, adored her. Good to know I'm not alone. 

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I know you posted that years ago but I always thought everyone but ME, adored her. Good to know I'm not alone. 

Visit the PW thread here and you feel even less alone in regards to that opinion. 😄

P.S. It was even better before the forum for the show got turned into a single thread though.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 4

I've only seen Mariska Hargitay in Law and Order:SVU, but I cannot stand her and her constant nasty bitch face. 

Speaking of that show, I can't stand Ice T either.  He always looks like he smells something awful.

Both of them are damn lucky they got roles on a long-running show because they're not very good actors. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I've only seen Mariska Hargitay in Law and Order:SVU, but I cannot stand her and her constant nasty bitch face. 

Speaking of that show, I can't stand Ice T either.  He always looks like he smells something awful.

Both of them are damn lucky they got roles on a long-running show because they're not very good actors. 

I can't stand her character on SVU, but I respect her work with charities.

As for Ice T, I don't mind him either. His character is ok.

I find them to be better actors than some out there. But I wish that Olivia wasn't so annoying.

• Love 5
On 3/16/2019 at 7:04 AM, Jaded said:

Visit the PW thread here and you feel even less alone in regards to that opinion. 😄

P.S. It was even better before the forum for the show got turned into a single thread though.

I hope I can also jump on the Giada de Laurentis toothy hate train with that link! 

• Love 2
On 3/16/2019 at 10:12 AM, Ohwell said:

We're doing an ER rewatch and I hate how much of an overly needy energy creature her character is and how poor Mark Greene was lucky she dumped him when she did.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, selkie said:

We're doing an ER rewatch and I hate how much of an overly needy energy creature her character is and how poor Mark Greene was lucky she dumped him when she did.  

I have nothing against Hargitay but to this day, more than twenty years later, I still hate her character on ER.  It literally still comes up in conversation between me and my Mom.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, kiddo82 said:

I have nothing against Hargitay but to this day, more than twenty years later, I still hate her character on ER.  It literally still comes up in conversation between me and my Mom.

Because Cynthia was The Worst.  I thought maybe the memory had become exaggerated over time, but when Pop put ER into syndication a year or two ago, I realized, nope - Cynthia was indeed unbearable.

She would have been in any actor's hands, and Hargitay certainly didn't have the chops to elevate the awful material.  (I don't think she's a bad actor, but by the time I gave up on SVU after five or six years she had improved from rough to adequate, so she's not a good one, either.)

• Love 9

I am pretty sure I said this before, but for good measure, Nancy Grace.

I have only seen Christian Siriano on the commercials for the upcoming season of Project Runway. Just from that, he irks the hell out of me.

• Love 6
On 3/16/2019 at 8:30 AM, chenoa333 said:

You are not alone!  That woman is demented.  I wouldn't have trouble believing she is a serial killer who grins as she does the deed. 

On 3/18/2019 at 1:42 PM, chenoa333 said:

I hope I can also jump on the Giada de Laurentis toothy hate train with that link! 

I want on that train, too!  How many teeth does she have anyway?

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Suzn said:

You are not alone!  That woman is demented.  I wouldn't have trouble believing she is a serial killer who grins as she does the deed. 

I want an that train, too!  How many teeth does she have anyway?

Last time I counted, I think it was 142. Julia Roberts might have more but it's a close race.😁

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Teri Hatcher, it is a testament to my love for Felicity Huffman (at least until about 10 days ago) and Dana Delany in the middle of its run that I got through eight seasons of Desperate Housewives.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On ‎03‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:48 PM, Enigma X said:

I am pretty sure I said this before, but for good measure, Nancy Grace.

Oh god, yes!  I was watching 20/20's special about the Diane Downs case, and there was entirely too much of Nancy Grace.

• Love 7
On 3/22/2019 at 5:18 PM, chenoa333 said:

Last time I counted, I think it was 142. Julia Roberts might have more but it's a close race.😁

Another non-favorite!  

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Passepartout said:

The Khardashians of course. Plain and simple. Think everybody else feels the same way. They do have their fans however.

But WHO are these folks somehow propping up that crew since I've never met anyone who likes them nor has anyone I've raised the subject with said they'd met anyone else who had? I guess this means there's a hidden, invisible tribe in our midst who may also be responsible for extending Progressive Flo's shelf life at least ten years after everyone else was sick of her! Could this hidden tribe be trying to sabotage things for the rest of us by propping up such annoying folks?

Edited by Blergh
by for be
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Blergh said:

But WHO are these folks somehow propping up that crew since I've never met anyone who likes them nor has anyone I've raised the subject with said they'd met anyone else who had?

It is a fascinating thing. I don't know anyone who actually admits to "liking" them, however, I work with several people who gossip about them non-stop. What they are naming their children (there goes the future), who is marrying who, who is cheating on who, who is doing what to who. They can name them all, etc. They don't like them, but can't seem to look away from them. 

It's all marketing. Someone (Kris Jenner) decided to market these morons as watchable. Probably because she realized they were completely useless and she'd actually failed as a mother. She pushed them into the media relentlessly until we finally just gave up and fell for the brainwashing. 

In general, if they weren't "media", if we weren't constantly bombared with their antics, I don't think even their "fans" would give two shits about them. But we are so saturated with them at every turn, because their mommy had the money to push them in front of us like a Big Mac in front of a hungry man, that we were made to think they were something worth watching. 

It's the Emeror's New Clothes. The power of mass suggestion is strong and regardless of how stupid, vapid and useless her children turned out to be Kris Jenner is a marketing genius. If only she'd used her powers for good. 

• Love 5

I can't stand Jimmy Fallon,  he comes across as the phoniest most insincere person. When he first started on his talk show I thought he was just nervous and uncomfortable but that never improved - after a while I couldn't even watch him.

Edited by endure
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, endure said:

I can't stand Jimmy Fallon,  he comes across as the phoniest most insincere person. When he first started on his talk show I thought he was just nervous and uncomfortable but that never improved - after a while I couldn't even watch him.

I have the same feeling now. I can't stand how he calls most people buddy, pal n such, it comes of so insecere

• Love 5
14 hours ago, BrianJ1962 said:

F Joe Buck he's a St Louis hack

12 hours ago, Passepartout said:

Joe Buck is riding on his late father's Jacks coattails.

He's a terrible baseball announcer and only a slightly less terrible football announcer who rides on his last name.

Edited by shoregirl
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, shoregirl said:

He's a terrible baseball announcer and only a slightly less terrible football announcer who rides on his last name.

I find him to be completely unlistenable on football, and since I don't watch baseball that must mean that a stabbed cat is an improvement.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, ABay said:

Richard Kind. 

Just curious, what is it about Mr. Kind that you cannot stand? Yes, he seems to usually play somewhat annoying characters but IMO he doesn't have that 'get this person OFF my screen,  rubs the wrong way 'quality that Progressive Flo, etc. has but I'd be interested in reading  your reasoning (and perhaps could even agree with you after perusing it). 

Edited by Blergh
terms
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Just curious, what is it about Mr. Kind that you cannot stand? Yes, he seems to usually play somewhat annoying characters but IMO he doesn't have that 'get this person OFF my screen,  rubs the wrong way 'quality that Progressive Flo, etc. has but I'd be interested in reading  your reasoning (and perhaps could even agree with you after perusing it). 

I am not the person who posted it but I can't stand him either. It's the voice. It's like nails on a chalkboard for me, paired with his annoying on screen persona (I'm sure he's a lovely man IRL but he always plays annoying characters, again, the voice!) I can't watch anything if he's featured too much. I can take him in very, VERY small doses but if he's got more than three lines, I'm out. 

Funny you mention Flo cause if I had to name a male version of Flo I'd say Richard Kind. hahaha

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

OK, this may be an UO but here goes: while I admire the hard work to put together independent films from scratch, I cannot take Kevin Smith more than a few minutes at a time. If he had stayed behind the camera but done nothing more than make a few cameo appearances oncamera with a quip or two, that would have been tolerable. However; his whole ' I'm a working stiff but I'm smarter than everyone else in the world AND you'd better laugh  and think I'm brilliant re  the amount of profanities  I can use in a sentence or you're a close-minded, prude idiot' tude is just grating!  Oh, and from what I saw of Clerks, it made me recall WHY I avoid hanging out in convenience stores if at all possible (and sorry for anyone who has to work with  him or others like him). 

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Blergh said:

Just curious, what is it about Mr. Kind that you cannot stand?

He shows up in a lot of bad episodes of shows I otherwise like (e.g. SG: Atlantis) or in episodes of shows I otherwise like that display an uncharacteristically nasty attitude toward women (thinking of a specific episode of Burn Notice). There are other examples, those 2 leap immediately to mind, and now when I see his name in the opening credits I cringe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Can I throw in a TV writer? Sarah Phelps. You may know her as the writer who managed to drain every bit of joy, charm, wit, and liveliness from every BBC adaptation of Agatha Christie of the last few years, beginning with And Then There Were None and most recently The ABC Murders. If you see her name on a project, you can be sure that any pleasure you might ordinarily take in watching a historical mystery will be drown in the same sea of grey and grime that dominants contemporary drama.

I've been listening to the podcast Shedunnit and had to shut off the episode that included an interview with her because I found her so infuriating.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, BrianJ1962 said:

I like Jamie Lee Curtis except on NCIS her character was horrible. Same with Jeff Goldblum, he sucked on Law & Order Criminal Intent.

I liked Jamie Lee Curtis on NCIS far more than Jeff Goldblum. He's a good actor, but I couldn't stand him on CI. At least Jamie Lee Curtis's character was more tolerable.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ABay said:

Can I throw in a TV writer? Sarah Phelps. You may know her as the writer who managed to drain every bit of joy, charm, wit, and liveliness from every BBC adaptation of Agatha Christie of the last few years, beginning with And Then There Were None and most recently The ABC Murders. If you see her name on a project, you can be sure that any pleasure you might ordinarily take in watching a historical mystery will be drown in the same sea of grey and grime that dominants contemporary drama.

I've been listening to the podcast Shedunnit and had to shut off the episode that included an interview with her because I found her so infuriating.

IOW, it sounds like she did  to Agatha Christie what  J.J. Abrams did to the Star Trek then Star Wars enterprises ( granted the latter was already the pits but expecting Mr. Abrams to attempt to renew the joy made as much sense as to expect Droopy from Tom and Jerry cartoons to outlaugh Bozo the Clown) !  Of course, I've always thought that virtually any show/movie he touched would become pointless bummers ever since he ruined the Lost  show by ditching the 'ordinary folks learn to survive on an island' original theme for a needlessly convoluted one winding up with a total bummer ending! ! 

Edited by Blergh
bolding
  • Love 3
On 4/26/2019 at 2:36 PM, endure said:

OK I will do one more then stop lol.......Lisa Rinna

She is awful.  She has a line of clothing on QVC...will not watch or buy from her ever after some of the nasty stuff she has said in the past.  There are some celebs who have done products on the shopping channels who seem like they were an active part of the whole process and are enthused about being there/interacting with fans.  Lisa Rinna is the opposite of that.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Blergh said:

IOW, it sounds like she did  to Agatha Christie what  J.J. Abrams did to the Star Trek then Star Wars enterprises ( granted the latter was already the pits but expecting Mr. Abrams to attempt to renew the joy made as much sense as to expect Droopy from Tom and Jerry cartoons to outlaugh Bozo the Clown) !  Of course, I've always thought that virtually any show/movie he touched would become pointless bummers ever since he ruined the Lost  show by ditching the 'ordinary folks learn to survive on an island' original theme for a needlessly convoluted one winding up with a total bummer ending! ! 

I don't follow. The first JJ Trek was pretty good. The second wasn't, but his Star Wars was very good. He certainly has third act problems, but he's good inthe early and middle stages.

43 minutes ago, Anduin said:

I don't follow. The first JJ Trek was pretty good. The second wasn't, but his Star Wars was very good. He certainly has third act problems, but he's good inthe early and middle stages.

IUO, okay. That's fine and I respect that . However;  IMO, I disagree and consider Mr. Abrams to be a crepe hanger re all the above. Inasmuch as we each have our own, points of view about what's good and what's a bummer- to each one's own! 

Edited by Blergh
own
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Blergh said:

IUO, okay. That's fine and I respect that . However;  IMO, I disagree and consider Mr. Abrams to be a crepe hanger re all the above. Inasmuch as we each have our own, points of view about what's good and what's a bummer- to each one's one! 

Crepe hanger?

That's fair enough. I'm not saying you have to like anyone, just that he's done good work in both Trek and Wars. 🙂

1 hour ago, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

She is awful.  She has a line of clothing on QVC...will not watch or buy from her ever after some of the nasty stuff she has said in the past.  There are some celebs who have done products on the shopping channels who seem like they were an active part of the whole process and are enthused about being there/interacting with fans.  Lisa Rinna is the opposite of that.  

I forgot she sells a clothing line on QVC, will have to check it out.  I am mostly familiar with her on RHOBH, she is horrible on there!

• Love 1

I couldn't stand Jamie Lee Curtis on NCIS, but I usually like her in other shows.     Jeff Goldblum on L&O CI started out unlikable to , but when they added some back story, with his father (F. Murray Abraham was so good), and other history, I liked him a lot better.     I think they wrote his character as the new Goren, and it just didn't work out.  

There are a bunch I can't stand though, Lisa Rinna, Tori Spelling and her current husband.   The dance teacher on Dance Moms, who seems so nasty to the girls.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I couldn't stand Jamie Lee Curtis on NCIS, but I usually like her in other shows.     Jeff Goldblum on L&O CI started out unlikable to , but when they added some back story, with his father (F. Murray Abraham was so good), and other history, I liked him a lot better.     I think they wrote his character as the new Goren, and it just didn't work out.  

There are a bunch I can't stand though, Lisa Rinna, Tori Spelling and her current husband.   The dance teacher on Dance Moms, who seems so nasty to the girls.    

Yea I think they were going in that direction as well. It was more than obvious. And honestly, it kind of got on my nerves a bit. Betting it's in part due to fans not liking it as to why it didn't work out.

• Love 2