Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Old Friends, New Faces

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I like Joe for this!  God help me but I like Joe and love the Joe and Rosie show.  I hear Apollo has a full mohawk and when his kids visited him they were a bit freaked out.

I WANT TO SEE JAC DOING THE PERP WALK.

Joe Gorga is exhausting.  So gross!  Maybe Melissa needs to work for a. to be away from him and b. to get the hell out of there permanently.  Oh and Joe Gorga - you do not babysit your own children.

During the Tre special I noticed that Gabriella seemed more like Joe and has a calmer personality.  I think she and Joe made a good team.  Gia was good too and seemed to keep the schedules, getting everyone up and ready etc but also has a more short tempered personality.  Malania is a handful and little Audriana is so big now and just a cute as can be.  They did visit Tre every week and kept up with phone calls every day.  Joe on his bike cracked me up.  I think the kids have a good chance of moving forward.

Jac looks horrible and should just stop with the plastic surgery.  As my brother would say, "You're going the wrong way".  I think Chris is just so over his life.

Ask and you shall receive...Easter Island Jack O Lantern Face doin the perp walk

giphy.gif

• Love 23

Just my two cents, but Teresa and Joe committed tax fraud, they didn't commit murder or do something heinous to humanity. I have no issue with either of them being allowed frequent contact with their children. Their inability to handle their finances and wanting the finer things in life does not make them horrible parents to their children. Teresa did her time and now Joe is doing his. I can't dislike their family as much as some other people here do. In the grander scheme of things, there are people that commit worse crimes against other human beings and still see less or no jail time so I can't bother myself to be upset about this. It's ironic that they went to jail for evading taxes and in the end, it was the taxes of other Americans that were needed to keep them in jail for 1-5 years, lol.

I think Jacqueline is addicted to plastic surgery? It seems like she's always talking about wanting some other kind of procedure. I'm support people's right to do what they want with their bodies, especially if it will help with their confidence and happiness but it's always sad to see an aging person that is obsessed with admitting that they're aging. Keep some semblance of 'aging with grace' so you won't end up as some plastic surgery catastrophe years down the road. I haven't seen a single plastic surgery obsessed person that didn't come out looking absolutely horrible. The irony being that they've had some much work done and spent so much money and in the end they would have looked 10x better if they hadn't done anything at all.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I think Jacqueline is addicted to plastic surgery? It seems like she's always talking about wanting some other kind of procedure. I'm support people's right to do what they want with their bodies, especially if it will help with their confidence and happiness but it's always sad to see an aging person that is obsessed with admitting that they're aging. Keep some semblance of 'aging with grace' so you won't end up as some plastic surgery catastrophe years down the road. I haven't seen a single plastic surgery obsessed person that didn't come out looking absolutely horrible. The irony being that they've had some much work done and spent so much money and in the end they would have looked 10x better if they hadn't done anything at all.

Totally agree with this. There's a reason why classic beauties from back in the day, like Sophia Loren and Dianne Carroll are just as stunning now as they were back then. They didn't spend thousands of dollars pumping chemicals in their bodies and using a plastic surgeon's knife to rework what they were born with. You can't outrun Father Time no matter how hard you try, so work with him. Yes, they've obviously aged, but their beauty is timeless, and there's a sparkle there just comes with age and wisdom. I feel a teeeeeenny bit sorry for Jac in that sense, she obviously suffers from such bad body and face dysmorphia, and seems to have been for a long time, long before HWs. 

• Love 4

I think for Jacqueline, there is not much going for her other than her looks.  now that she is older and she isn't a hot 20 year old anymore, she is absolutely spinning trying to get back her youth because her looks have always defined her.  

Jacqueline and I are about the same age and plastic surgery is so far from my mind.  I'm more than my face, boobs and butt.  Sadly, Jacqueline is not and she knows it. 

• Love 3

Envy? Barf maybe. Those shorts at Melissas store! I worked at a tourist shop last summer and we had shorts and tops just like that. $20. & overpriced at that! They are cute on super young girls at the beach.That's a pretty small minority of people who look good in that!

• Love 2
(edited)

I have worked with children with autism for over 20 years. I WISH Jacqueline could be a better public resource for autism, the trials, the issues.  We did hear her mention that in past sesasons that some of the therapies she paid cash for and not covered by insurance or available through the state.  Therapies/treatments can get expensive; they were not shy about discussing their money troubles.  I was hoping she was going to say "the special diet, the therapy, the gas to drive him, the materials we needed etc. all took a toll financially"  I really think a lot of viewers would enjoy hearing some things about Nicholas' therapies, progress and struggles. Not in an exploitive way but in an informative way.  

That being said, I'm glad that autism is mentioned at all so people can at least be more aware, gain some knowledge and some understanding. 

Overall, i enjoyed the epidosde at much as I can enjoy RHNJ. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 1

Melissa does not own the store. It's actually owned by a woman based in CA who owns several boutiques around the country, and Melissa gets paid to promote it. So I highly doubt you'll walk in and see her steaming outfits and folding shirts. 

So what it sounds like to me, is this is a chain store/franchise opportunity, and they are just licensing Melissa's name?  Is Melissa's name something that can seriously be leveraged?  To me she has less brand appeal than Gretchen Christine and that's really saying something...  

I would shop at Posche 10x over before I would go to Melissa's front of a business.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

Totally agree with this. There's a reason why classic beauties from back in the day, like Sophia Loren and Dianne Carroll are just as stunning now as they were back then. They didn't spend thousands of dollars pumping chemicals in their bodies and using a plastic surgeon's knife to rework what they were born with. You can't outrun Father Time no matter how hard you try, so work with him. Yes, they've obviously aged, but their beauty is timeless, and there's a sparkle there just comes with age and wisdom. I feel a teeeeeenny bit sorry for Jac in that sense, she obviously suffers from such bad body and face dysmorphia, and seems to have been for a long time, long before HWs. 

I think her sense of value has always been tied to her looks, which is sad but it's a reality for a lot of young men and women who grow up with the some distorted view of their self-worth and sadly never shake the stigma they've succumbed themselves to. Hopefully her daughter doesn't follow in her footsteps. I think surgery too young and/or too constant does no favours. I look at Vanderpump Rules and almost all of them are doing botox despite only being in their late 20s or early 30s. To me, they all look older than their age so I ask myself what was the point in sticking their faces with needles? A few laugh lines show the world that you've enjoyed laughter in your life. That isn't such a horrible thing.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, FamilyVan said:

So what it sounds like to me, is this is a chain store/franchise opportunity, and they are just licensing Melissa's name?  Is Melissa's name something that can seriously be leveraged?  To me she has less brand appeal than Gretchen Christine and that's really saying something...  

I would shop at Posche 10x over before I would go to Melissa's front of a business.

I don't know anything about how a franchise works so bear with me here: is it "normal" to renovate a space to open a business that is essentially someone else's? Is this a different kind of system due to Melissa's fame?

I'm thinking Jac talks about Teresa/wants to reconcile with her to keep her spot on the show. The new girls seem like they're friends with Tre also, so she probably doesn't wanna get frozen out...after all, she needs the money.

someone upthread said that they had a crush on Chris.  You're gonna hafta share him with me, there, sister...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I have worked with children with autism for over 20 years. I WISH Jacqueline could be a better public resource for autism, the trials, the issues.  We did hear her mention that in past sesasons that some of the therapies she paid cash for and not covered by insurance or available through the state.  Therapies/treatments can get expensive; they were not shy about discussing their money troubles.  I was hoping she was going to say "the special diet, the therapy, the gas to drive him, the materials we needed etc. all took a toll financially"  I really think a lot of viewers would enjoy hearing some things about Nicholas' therapies, progress and struggles. Not in an exploitive way but in an informative way.  

That being said, I'm glad that autism is mentioned at all so people can at least be more aware, gain some knowledge and some understanding. 

Overall, i enjoyed the epidosde at much as I can enjoy RHNJ. 

You mean informing viewers of something like this

3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Ask and you shall receive...Easter Island Jack O Lantern Face doin the perp walk

giphy.gif

Thanks, this is hilarious.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

I don't know anything about how a franchise works so bear with me here: is it "normal" to renovate a space to open a business that is essentially someone else's? Is this a different kind of system due to Melissa's fame?

The business is Melissa's. Melissa will have to pay a set fee for licensing and trademarks, she will be responsible for purchasing her inventory and handling her expenses (she may also be able to purchase inventory on consignment). The benefit of a franchise is that you're able to use the trademarks of an existing business which allows you to tap into their clientele base and reduces the amount of advertising that you need to promote your brand (instead you only need to promote your location to generate additional foot traffic). All of the profits would be Melissa's. How much she renovates depends on how intricate the branding is. For example, sometimes only the name on the storefront has to be identical but in other cases (particularly in fast food examples), the interior decor also has to have a particular them - ex. Popeyes Fried Chicken is a franchise restaurant but the storefront, interior and decor are very specific.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 3

I doubt Melissa put one penny into this. More like there paying her to get the store on tv and splashed all over the internet. Because-really-would any of us know a store in NJ opened? And the name was Envy? Not likely. Her scenes with Joe doing the "construction" were all faked. She's just the face. IMO

I didn't realize Melissa's Envy was the same Envy that's located seemingly everywhere around here. Thanks for the info. Why on earth anyone would choose to go into retail right now is beyond me. I guess its the next logical step when your singing career doesn't work out.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:
3 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I would assume this is similar to Kyle's (RHOBH) store, Kyle by Alene Too.  Alene Too is a boutique in Boca Raton that Kyle visited (did a book signing - ?), and then, she partnered with that store to blend the names for the store in Beverly Hills.

I think that the "partner" Melissa introduced on the show probably is the actual owner, and the one who is putting up most, if not all, of the money, and Melissa is just the name and face behind it.  

Melissa made a comment that Joe didn't want to invest, or get involved with retail, so she used her own money.  Something tells me that, given their old-school relationship, she really doesn't have much of her own money  - I mean, it's not like "On Display" was a gold or platinum hit or anything.  What could she have possibly  made from I-tunes - 67 cents????  I'm sure any other monies she has made from the show or public appearances has gone into their joint accounts.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I agree. They seem like they're living beyond their means. Why else go back to their cardboard mcmansion? I can't imagine that she's making any significant money from her various "jobs". I wonder when they will also declare bankruptcy.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Muffyn said:

I think  we could use a little humor, so I would like you all to enjoy this outfit that is available at Melissa's Salon, Envy.

https://www.envybymg.com/products/lfu16f0240

This look definitely engenders strong feelings.  Envy is not among them.   

ETA:  I particularly enjoy the shorts - a combination of kitchen curtains, a loin cloth and a diaper.  So sexy!

many of you are too young for this reference but this looks like Carol Burnett greeting Harvey Korman in the doorway of a raggedy ass Tara - Summer episode.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Granimal said:

I didn't realize Melissa's Envy was the same Envy that's located seemingly everywhere around here. Thanks for the info. Why on earth anyone would choose to go into retail right now is beyond me. I guess its the next logical step when your singing career doesn't work out.

The funny thing is that her own husband made mention of the same thing to explain why he wouldn't invest in the place. Perhaps Melissa should have taken some heed from her husband but the likelihood is that she is probably fronted a very minimal amount of money in the business and is mainly going to use her face and the show to promote the store. Even she takes a loss, it's not going to impact her current lifestyle.

Make-up is a recession proof industry and it seems like something that Melissa also enjoys. She should have probably looked to partner with a start up company but that would needed a bigger monetary investment mostly likely.

• Love 1

Just my two cents, but Teresa and Joe committed tax fraud, they didn't commit murder or do something heinous to humanity.

True, their crimes certainly weren't the worst ever, but they committed more than tax fraud, and did so over a long period of time. That they would knowingly break laws that could put them in prison and thus away from their children's daily lives - and all in the name of materialism, as they didn't put any money aside for their kids' education or future - makes them, at the least, pretty shitty parents.

I WANT TO SEE JAC DOING THE PERP WALK.

For what, though? Peeps have been saying that since the TWoP days, and I've yet to hear anything about Jac being charged with any criminal offenses.

• Love 4

Interesting how Chris vaguely alluded to financial problems and his company not doing well. I thought they were dealing with bankruptcies and lawsuits, so it's not just the company performing poorly that has caused financial issues. Jacqueline still looks like she drinks a bottle of wine with her eggs in the morning. Yawn.

I think Gabriella is my favorite Giudice kid. I have no doubt that she's getting the hell out of that house when she turns 18. When Joe calls her to say hi, I'm sure she'll be saying the classic Mariah Carey line: I don't know [him]. Teresa and Joe have put the kids through some serious shit and I don't think they realize the extent of the damage because kids (minus Milania) are generally easy-going. I found it telling that Gia was going around to the rooms to make sure all of her siblings were up and dressed - I bet she was the "mom" the entire time Teresa was gone. Then we have Gabriella sitting back for the most part and observing whenever she's in a scene. It's really interesting to watch the kids when they are around their parents - they tell the true story of what's going on in that family.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

But, but,but...The Lying Lauritas had to sell there WATCHES ya'll!!!! The horror....How will they ever know what time it is?

That was the most random thing to mention. We sold our watches.  Won't somebody think of the watches!!!!!!!! Next thing you know we'll hear that Chris is using store brand shampoo.  Their great sacrifices will help Jac pay for more fillers.

So many of the people on this show are shady.  Tre and Joe going to prison.  Since Joe Go supposedly learned the business from Juicy, I doubt his finances are beyond reproach.  We've seen the quality of the cardboard mansion he and Mel have quietly moved back to.  Give that place a few years and they'll be living in a pile of garish rubble.  Chris ripped off his company and now he and Jac have to "downsize".  It seems like everyone is really living off of their show earnings.   You have to be in serious financial straights/concerned the feds are coming for you next to not be able to live off of the kind of money they earn for being real housewives. 

4 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I didn't realize this was a franchise until people mentioned it here.  We need an eagle-eyed poster to do some comparisons in the store interiors.  (a.k.a., I am too lazy to look for photos of all of the stores).  I thought someone had a reference that showed she is partnered with someone else for this store.  I think she is the face of the store, not the major investor or the franchisee.  They are hoping that her "fame" will bring in customers.   On the website she is modelling some of the clothes.  I feel revulsion, pity, sadness - no envy. 

• Love 2
On 7/11/2016 at 11:17 AM, poeticlicensed said:

I was a little surprised there was no WWHL with Tre as his guest. 

I wonder if Teresa is not allowed to travel out of state? In the episode, she had to get permission to visit her brother's home for the holiday so I wonder if the terms of her probation means she has to get permission before traveling.

38 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

I wonder if Teresa is not allowed to travel out of state? In the episode, she had to get permission to visit her brother's home for the holiday so I wonder if the terms of her probation means she has to get permission before traveling.

I guess we'll see in future weeks. Andy was in San Diego this past Sunday, so there was no WWHL for Tre to potentially appear on. I think her house arrest portion of probation is over now (6 months?), so she may be able to travel through the tunnel (across the bridge?) to the Bravo studios. Unless there's a stipulation that she still can't leave the state for X number of additional months. I'm too lazy to go back and read the fine print of her probation. 

• Love 2

Tre has always been stoic and rarely cries. Damn…that homecoming got me. I watch NJ for the Giudice’s – they entertain me – the whole lot of them.

Easter Island Jac O Lantern is loonier than ever. Is she draining Chris of his stem cells and plasma? She vampired his ass…that man looks horrible.

Not buying this new storyline of theirs. Chris and his brother inherited a valuable thriving business from their father and ran it to the ground. They depleted it of all of the assets and then tried to sell it off. They also tried to sell “the licensing agreement” with Rockawear Junior . 1 that is illegal and 2 they didn’t still have it to sell. I remember the last season Craquoline was one her snarky comment about – they unlike some know how to live within their means. And also Chris saying with money being tight I’m gonna pay for my sons treatment not the mortgage right before Jacko got the chicken cutlets removed. My            BullShitdometer blew up. BLK was started to show the banks where all the money went - a bad business venture – no one is buying it. Chris looks like he is waiting for the feds to arrest him. He probably is happy that Voldermort got her gig back because it means some respite from her presence

The new girl Siggy…not buying that she just got a facelift. No way should you be bending forward to get that bowl of lobster bisque and no way could you tolerate being jostled in the car ride over.  PS that was not a “bandage” that was the scarf Alfafa used when he had the mumps.

Overall Siggy/Dolores – I’m just so happy the Coolatta Duo are gone. Did Rino ever come out with an eyebrow stenciling line?

Why did Melissa name her store Envy and not Poison Asylum or On Display?

Rosie at the Laurita table – when did she get Gramma Hair???

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

I wonder how long her probation is.

For some let's say your sentence was 3 years and you served 2 and they let you out, then you would have 1 year probation where any violation would land you back in jail to serve out the one year you were freed. For others, in a plea deal....your jail term and probation are both outlined in court.

They go to Vermont at some point and I think Teresa is there

17 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Easter Island Jac O Lantern is loonier than ever. Is she draining Chris of his stem cells and plasma? She vampired his ass…that man looks horrible.

Good Lord, don't give her any ideas!!!

• Love 2

Why am I getting an image of Melissa singing one of her massive solid gold hits (lol) whilst standing behind the register at Envy?

I wonder if Kim G. will make an appearance at the grand opening of Envy? Of course Kim will be pissed because Melissa is treading in her retail territory.

Envy could be a very high profile place for Melissa, they could have a lot of housewives product launch parties and book signings there.

• Love 1
(edited)

well, I live one town away from Montclair and altho I am under the weather this week, I will DEFINITELY make it my business to go to Envy and report back.  I'm not in the market for slutware, but what the hell.

Didn't care at.all.about the Thieving Grifter's homecoming. I just want the simian and her untelegenic spawn off my screen.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

Not sure if this should go here but...http://realestate.nj.com/realestate-news/2016/07/melissa_gorgas_dream_house_for.html

That's a lot of money for a house that isn't even finished, and it looks to be a carbon copy of the one they're already living in. Hope there's running water and countertops made of granite and not wax!

Guess the gorgons couldn't afford to actually finish it. I'm sure they'll spin it some way, like that was the plan all along.

• Love 1

I might be wrong for saying this but Jacqueline looks like those pictures of a face swap on social media snap chap or whatever come to life. Like a face transplant or mask put on a skull medically. Something about her looks cgi. 

Melissa looks like Celine Dion if she had a bunch of procedures or makeup and contouring to look like J Lo.  Her husband is so gross I feel sorry for the camera men and crew that film him showing his pecker and butt they are people too. And for the viewers what if we were eating or needing to sleep after. Selfish mf. 

• Love 5
On 7/11/2016 at 8:02 AM, Chicklet said:

After sleeping on it, I woke up and realized why I hate Jac so so much. The whole focus of Jac and Chris in one episode was Jac pleading with her autistic son to say "I love you". I wish they wouldn't even film him but good for him for saying "I love donuts".

My brother has autism, and while I genuinely want to like Jac, and I empathize with their struggle, she's just so about herself. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve time for herself or to have things that make her happy, but the amount of her time and energy this is devoted to her own vanity and her penchant for drama could be put towards a much better use. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

I doubt Melissa put one penny into this. More like there paying her to get the store on tv and splashed all over the internet. Because-really-would any of us know a store in NJ opened? And the name was Envy? Not likely. Her scenes with Joe doing the "construction" were all faked. She's just the face. IMO

In the immortal words of the balloon boy, Falcon Heene, "We did it for the show."

• Love 3

I wonder if Kim G. will make an appearance at the grand opening of Envy?

I'm not sure about Kim G., but the ever-leathery Kim D. was shown in the season preview.

Her husband is so gross I feel sorry for the camera men and crew that film him showing his pecker and butt they are people too.

Andy probably uses the unedited footage for stroke material.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, jaync said:

I'm not sure about Kim G., but the ever-leathery Kim D. was shown in the season preview.

Andy probably uses the unedited footage for stroke material.

Even Andy has STANDARDS. 

• Love 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

giphy.gif

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

edited to add: Now come clean off my screen. You made my tummy hurt from laughing to hard! 

Edited by Giselle
lemonade covered 'puter screen and belly laughing syndrome
  • Love 1
(edited)

I didn't watch. I'm kinda over all the RH shows, but I still like hearing everybody's perspective. My husband on the other hand thinks I should see RHNJ through - I'm not sure I can do it....we'll see if anybody here convinces me that it gets entertaining enough.

Turns out a lot of previous viewers feel the same. According to the NJ Star Ledger only 1.7M tuned in (comparatively low vs historical).

And Teresa didn't go to jail for tax fraud - only Juicy (still love him - hangs head low) was charged and convicted on that. She got busted on Bankruptcy Fraud and Conspiracy to Commit Wire and Mail Fraud. And yes - it does bother me to see them still living a lifestyle that they never honestly earned (except for Bravo checks). Jaq is a different story - she was never actually involved in Chris's business (I've read all the Signature Apparel docs - Baby Jesus help me) so there's no chance of her going to prison.

Edited to add - Easter Island Perp Walk is pretty funny. As is Envy By Melissa Gorga outfit (it's no Scheana from VP though). 

Edited by Jennifersdc
See above
  • Love 5
On 7/12/2016 at 9:14 AM, eurekagirl mOo said:

But, but,but...The Lying Lauritas had to sell there WATCHES ya'll!!!! The horror....How will they ever know what time it is?

I legit let out a 'boohoo, assholes' when Chris mentioned selling watches to help keep the family afloat. The Lauritas were clearly living outside of their means.

• Love 3

With all of the hype surrounding what a tearjerker the Reunion because Teresa and her girls would be, I was let down.  Gia seemed to put more emphasis on the paparazzi and the paparazzi not getting any free pictures.  These people success have been because of press coverage, the kids and their parents should not be talking paparazzi.  I am not surprised the ratings are lackluster-there was no reason for the two year break.  The show is suppose to be about a group of housewives, not the Teresa show.  She only seemed to care when it was revealed to her she would have to share the screen with other women and none of those other women would be Dina.

• Love 1
On 7/12/2016 at 7:15 AM, RHJunkie said:

Just my two cents, but Teresa and Joe committed tax fraud, they didn't commit murder or do something heinous to humanity. I have no issue with either of them being allowed frequent contact with their children. Their inability to handle their finances and wanting the finer things in life does not make them horrible parents to their children. Teresa did her time and now Joe is doing his. I can't dislike their family as much as some other people here do. In the grander scheme of things, there are people that commit worse crimes against other human beings and still see less or no jail time so I can't bother myself to be upset about this. It's ironic that they went to jail for evading taxes and in the end, it was the taxes of other Americans that were needed to keep them in jail for 1-5 years, lol.

I 100% agree with you. There are truly heinous people out there who get slaps on the wrists for things like violent crime, abuse their kids. They are serving their time in Jail and are being forced to pay reparations. While yes they were criminal idiots, there are plenty of other people I would rather see sit in jail. I feel that way about most white collar crime. I would rather walk around with people who launder money than child molesters. You can severly punish white collar criminals without jail time (just take all their money from now until forever!) lol

I LOVE RHNJ. I find it to be the most authentic group mainly because their relationships are real. Ive been a Tree Hugger from Day one

My heart broke for Gia, She seemed like she had the weight of the world on her tiny little shoulders. Im glad Tre is back for her sake mostly lol. Poor kiddo!!! She seems 14 going on 25

• Love 1

I legit let out a 'boohoo, assholes' when Chris mentioned selling watches to help keep the family afloat. The Lauritas were clearly living outside of their means.

But how much money can you get from selling watches?  A few hundred dollars?  What is their situation that they need to generate revenue from pawning things?  Yikes.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, FamilyVan said:

But how much money can you get from selling watches?  A few hundred dollars?  What is their situation that they need to generate revenue from pawning things?  Yikes.

I'm sure their watches were in the tens of thousands range, not just a nice fossil or Seiko.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, FamilyVan said:

It depends. I know very little about watches, but a friend of mine recently sold a Rolex for almost 15K. If the Lauritas have several watches that fall under luxury brands, they could probably get several thousand from the sales.