Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Old Friends, New Faces

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/10/2016 at 11:02 PM, charmed1 said:

Did Teresa stop at the hair salon before coming home? That cut and color looked good.

I can't believe CJ is 13 now. I always forget about CJ. He was always the sweet little forgotten boy who occupied space while Jacqueline focused on Ashley/ee and conceiving the miracle child, Nick.

I believe she had her hair done in prision .  I just finished a charpter in her book where she gets her hair done.

Edited by amitville
12 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

I didn't watch. I'm kinda over all the RH shows, but I still like hearing everybody's perspective. My husband on the other hand thinks I should see RHNJ through - I'm not sure I can do it....we'll see if anybody here convinces me that it gets entertaining enough.

Turns out a lot of previous viewers feel the same. According to the NJ Star Ledger only 1.7M tuned in (comparatively low vs historical).

And Teresa didn't go to jail for tax fraud - only Juicy (still love him - hangs head low) was charged and convicted on that. She got busted on Bankruptcy Fraud and Conspiracy to Commit Wire and Mail Fraud. And yes - it does bother me to see them still living a lifestyle that they never honestly earned (except for Bravo checks). Jaq is a different story - she was never actually involved in Chris's business (I've read all the Signature Apparel docs - Baby Jesus help me) so there's no chance of her going to prison.

Edited to add - Easter Island Perp Walk is pretty funny. As is Envy By Melissa Gorga outfit (it's no Scheana from VP though). 

Release The Crakken along with her sister-in-law were listed as employees of Signature Apparel. For Jacko - it was to get health insurance for Ashley as Chris could not list her. It also paid for the fertility treatments - once for her and then once for him under his name. So we have Insurance Fraud. If the amount of money listed is the true amount stolen I don't believe Chris and his brother spent all of it. So the empty house this season, and the tightening of the belts in watch selling is all for show. Will be interesting to see if the Forensic Auditors can find the money stashed away.

• Love 4

I respect both viewpoints about putting the Juicys and their thievery in perspective.  While on the one hand I don't believe that the Guidices are the worst humans walking the face of the earth, I also don't believe stacking their crimes against other criminals mitigates their behavior.   They're shitty.  But, God forgive me, I watched the Apprentice for years, I'm not  about to stop watching shitty people on tv now.

The watch discussion simply reminds me that these people and their appetites/indulgences are ridiculous.  Why does a family of four-five people need 10,000 sq ft. of space to begin with?  They've all ruined themselves spending lifetimes of savings trying to keep up with each other.  The stupidity of that while raising many children with the potential of going and being in college at the same time (not you Milania, you stay by mommy boo) is insane.   The PSE&G bill to heat a mcmansion in NJ winters alone? {{shudder}}.   Kathy lives in a comparatively reasonable home, what is the damn problem?

I didn't think fertility treatments were covered under insurance.  Nobody ever thinks they'll get nabbed at insurance fraud, but if the carrier approved a treatment under Chris' name, when people still need to go to bat over cancer and hiv medications, they can suck it, they kinda earned that one. 

• Love 14
(edited)

The first treatment is covered...it's a one shot deal. So Whacko probably tried under herself and then again under the policy for Chris as opposed to using the cash they stashed. Same applies for adoption process...they cover it once. My co-worker went through both processes and she was covered once. She and her partner wanted to have a baby and also adopt a child they were fostering. At the time, there was no such thing as civil unions. So because she was the one who was going to be carrying - she only got coverage under her own health insurance. When it failed, she could not get the coverage under her partners insurance because they couldn't legally marry. At that point it was totally out of pocket for them. The adoption - they went through my co-workers first and then they were able to go through the partners - at that time, Gay couples could not adopt under both names...so the adopted child lists the partner as the parent. 

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 1
On June 11, 2016 at 8:54 AM, JenE4 said:

Gorgas.jpg

The restaurant with the speakeasy is Rails Steakhouse. I saw the Gorgas there last month. The place is enormous with various bar and dining areas, but they were eating dinner smack dab in the center of the largest/busiest bar. Joe was obviously pretty hungry for attention and was more excited to meet me (to get adulation from a fan) than I was to meet them. 

• Love 11

Such an intimate moment, You couldn't have let your family just have that moment?

Andy Cohen got his money shot with that scene. I'm sure it was part of the negotiations for Teresa to come back on the show. And Tre probably thought it would help raise the sympathy factor. Maybe she got more $ as an incentive. I was surprised at how many paparazzi were camped outside their house and outside the prison.

The girls were all squealing and crying and jumping on Teresa. I watched the girls go upstairs with Teresa but Gabriella stayed behind next to Joe.

I think I remember one or two scenes from past seasons where Gabriella was with her dad, away from the others. I know any parent will tell you that they don't play favorites, but I'd like to think (perhaps naively) that maybe she and Joe have a special bond and that she gets some encouragement or comfort from that that she doesn't get from her mother. (Not because Teresa is negligent, but because she's either been focused on Gia's modeling/acting/singing career, running after Milania, or taking care of "the baby.") I think of S3, when everyone was in the Catskills, as the "real" Joe Giudice. Away from Teresa and the spend spend spend mentality, I think he's a pretty low-key guy and happy with simple things. He's easier to be around than Teresa. 

Joe Gorga hasn't changed one bit. All that sex talk must be acting for the camera. 

For all her assertions in her "Love, Italian Style" book that she and Joe have a smokin' hot marriage, Melissa rarely seems interested when he brings up sex. In fact, she audibly groans or makes impatient sounds. Of course, I think any woman would be well tired of it by now. At least Joe isn't talking to their KIDS about it, boasting about their active sex life, the way Richie Wakile did back in S3. Gross!

(Speaking of Melissa, I hope someone's keeping track of how many times she's invoked "baby Jesus" since coming on the show.)

Call me a simpleton, but I think Joe and Teresa didn't (and likely still don't) clue into how their misdeeds hurt the little guy and I don't think they plotted to do what they did with much thought.

I loved (not) when Teresa referred to bankruptcy as "a fresh start." Um, no, it's not that simple.

We didn't see much of the newbies, but I think they'll be a good addition and I like that they're already part of Tre and Jacquie's lives. I'd like to see more of Siggy's matchmaking business, for one thing. I hope she's given more to do/show than just be Jacqueline's sidekick. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

The watch discussion simply reminds me that these people and their appetites/indulgences are ridiculous.  Why does a family of four-five people need 10,000 sq ft. of space to begin with?  They've all ruined themselves spending lifetimes of savings trying to keep up with each other.  The stupidity of that while raising many children with the potential of going and being in college at the same time (not you Milania, you stay by mommy boo) is insane.   The PSE&G bill to heat a mcmansion in NJ winters alone? {{shudder}}.   Kathy lives in a comparatively reasonable home, what is the damn problem?

I didn't think fertility treatments were covered under insurance.  Nobody ever thinks they'll get nabbed at insurance fraud, but if the carrier approved a treatment under Chris' name, when people still need to go to bat over cancer and hiv medications, they can suck it, they kinda earned that one. 

SO MUCH THIS! I live in Northern NJ too, and we currently have the highest property taxes IN THE COUNTRY, and they are climbing Why on earth would you want to dig yourself in such a hole for appearances? These people don't think of the long term maintenance, increased cost of living every year, taxes etc. I guarantee none of them will be living in those McMansions in 10 years. And I don't doubt that these people make good money (legit or not), you can get more modest but still large home for under a mil.  And WORD on the PSE&G bill during NJ ridiculously brutal winters. We stay bundled and wrapped in blankets during the winter and turn the heat up only when it's frigid, because the bill to heat our little two bedroom apartment climbs up past $100. I don't even want to think about what it costs to heat and cool those giant places, SMH.

And yes, fertility treatments are usually covered once on insurance, but if it doesn't take, you're on your own with paying for it. My cousin and her husband spent close to $100k  before finally having their gorgeous daughter. Not to mention the emotional toll it takes on you. So yes, suck it, Lauritas.

• Love 3

It depends. I know very little about watches, but a friend of mine recently sold a Rolex for almost 15K. If the Lauritas have several watches that fall under luxury brands, they could probably get several thousand from the sales.

OK I thought it was like selling a diamond where you get 25% of the value.  Still, if they are relying on hocking things for $10-$15k in revenue they must really be hitting the skids. I mean that is what like 1 months worth of living expenses for these people? Maybe they need to go back to living with Caroline & Al.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

SO MUCH THIS! I live in Northern NJ too, and we currently have the highest property taxes IN THE COUNTRY, and they are climbing Why on earth would you want to dig yourself in such a hole for appearances? These people don't think of the long term maintenance, increased cost of living every year, taxes etc. I guarantee none of them will be living in those McMansions in 10 years. And I don't doubt that these people make good money (legit or not), you can get more modest but still large home for under a mil.  And WORD on the PSE&G bill during NJ ridiculously brutal winters. We stay bundled and wrapped in blankets during the winter and turn the heat up only when it's frigid, because the bill to heat our little two bedroom apartment climbs up past $100. I don't even want to think about what it costs to heat and cool those giant places, SMH.

And yes, fertility treatments are usually covered once on insurance, but if it doesn't take, you're on your own with paying for it. My cousin and her husband spent close to $100k  before finally having their gorgeous daughter. Not to mention the emotional toll it takes on you. So yes, suck it, Lauritas.

Kathy and her awful brood are building their very own McMansion....It was on, I think, the last season. Got to keep up appearances don't ya know! 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Kathy and her awful brood are building their very own McMansion....It was on, I think, the last season. Got to keep up appearances don't ya know! 

You're right, I forgot all about that. They moved to Franklin Lakes in season 6, close to the Lauritas. Nothing like a couple close to retirement age and with two grown children upsizing in the sunset of their life, SMH. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, FamilyVan said:

OK I thought it was like selling a diamond where you get 25% of the value.  Still, if they are relying on hocking things for $10-$15k in revenue they must really be hitting the skids. I mean that is what like 1 months worth of living expenses for these people? Maybe they need to go back to living with Caroline & Al.

That's why they're back on the show. They in serious heed of some cash. They should have downsized from that house years ago. Same for plastic surgery, cars, etc. They would have still been living better than 90% of the people in this country.

• Love 1

Not watching anymore, but am reading the boards to see if the criminals/felons have grown any sense of responsibility/morals/common sense...and from what I'm reading... not so much...

So sad to see teresa is raising her 'byoootiful dawters' to be just as vulgar as she is...is that outfit on gia from the hooker in training line?

teresa chooses to ignore the fact that she fucked over a LOT of working folks who depended on the money she and her criminal spouse agreed to pay them for work done....guess it doesn't matter to  tre how many lives she destroys as long as she gets to live in her mcmansion and adorn herself with lotsa bling...she didn't screw the gummit (which seems to get a lot of applause from her fan club), she fucked over a lot of working folks who actually try to pay their bills and make an honest living, and don't have the kind of connections that lets them get away with their crimes.

But...I gotta wonder....who is she begging to dry fuck her (ala joosy in the vineyard) these days....who is she asking to stick a finger up her butt (like she did with joosy in the RV episode)...she has shown herself over and over again to be nothing but a vulgar lowlife...

Yup..,.that's SOME fine role model for her children...

• Love 7

So sad to see teresa is raising her 'byoootiful dawters' to be just as vulgar as she is...is that outfit on gia from the hooker in training line?

What was it? I have no recollection of anything out of the ordinary for a girl Gia's age.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Oh yes, I remember Kathy showing off the not finished yet house to Jac. Kathy might be sorry she didn't just stay in her normal Jersey house because I haven't seen her "cannoli kits" anywhere in sight. She tried hawking them on one of the shopping channels but I haven't seen them there either. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Release The Crakken along with her sister-in-law were listed as employees of Signature Apparel. For Jacko - it was to get health insurance for Ashley as Chris could not list her. It also paid for the fertility treatments - once for her and then once for him under his name. So we have Insurance Fraud. If the amount of money listed is the true amount stolen I don't believe Chris and his brother spent all of it. So the empty house this season, and the tightening of the belts in watch selling is all for show. Will be interesting to see if the Forensic Auditors can find the money stashed away.

That's not accurate. I read all the docs/complaints and I never saw Jaq listed as an employee of the company. She was mentioned and disposed because the BK lawyer for the creditor's said that some of her personal bills were improperly paid for by assets of the company that should have been available to pay Signature creditors.

Also, Chris was an owner/employee of Signature could get his family's health insurance covered under his plan (Ashlee should be a dependent - she could get covered through college). I.e. - I have my family covered under my company and pay an extra premium. My husband declined coverage at his job since he's covered under mine. It's cheaper to us this way.

• Love 1

The first treatment is covered...it's a one shot deal. So Whacko probably tried under herself and then again under the policy for Chris as opposed to using the cash they stashed. Same applies for adoption process...they cover it once. My co-worker went through both processes and she was covered once. She and her partner wanted to have a baby and also adopt a child they were fostering. At the time, there was no such thing as civil unions. So because she was the one who was going to be carrying - she only got coverage under her own health insurance. When it failed, she could not get the coverage under her partners insurance because they couldn't legally marry. At that point it was totally out of pocket for them. The adoption - they went through my co-workers first and then they were able to go through the partners - at that time, Gay couples could not adopt under both names...so the adopted child lists the partner as the parent. 

Sometimes even the first treatment is not covered. I get insurance through my job and NOTHING was covered for IVF, not for the procedure itself nor the drugs. The only thing my insurance covered was diagnostic tests, blood work, ultrasound, etc. I've spent about 30k out of pocket. I live in NJ which has a state law mandating insurance companies pay for infertility treatments, but the law is very flimsy and full of loopholes. It's horrible.

• Love 2
(edited)

Kathy and Rich Wakile of "Real Housewives of New Jersey" fame have built a new home in Franklin Lakes

They moved into this home in early 2016, a 10,000 square foot home with taxes over 30k a year.  Kathy was on Bethany show (I do not listen but read about it on reality tea) and said she is on the show because the money doesn't hurt.  Why you go from a modest 4 bedroom home to a 7 bedroom home when your kids are grown is beyond my grip on reality.

BTW, depending on insurance it can be covered.  My husband insurance covered it to the 3rd round when it finally took. Plus, Ashley was his stepdaughter so she can be on his insurance until she is 26 (college or not).  She was listed because they were paying her personal expenses which the company wrote off and she never claimed income as an employee, which is tax fraud.

19075194-standard.jpg

Edited by kymWC217
20k to 30k (oops)
  • Love 5

It does! I thought that WAS Melissa's house at first. I really do not get it. Kids are grown, what do you need that much space for? The upkeep and taxes and electric bill.....yikes. Even if I HAD the money, I can't see needing all that space. I'd cut it in half and travel with the money. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Good grief, why does this crowd love gaudy homes?!  I can't believe Melissa & JoGo have moved back to their 1st season home.  Didn't they just move there just in time to show it for their first show when Melissa became a HW?  They have the absolute worst taste in house and decor known to man!  

Watching the table flip episode and Jacko is hosting her parents on their first visit to their house.  She's making fun of how people in her new neighborhood/town do nothing but Botox and pampered chef parties...she makes fun of looking odd when her father warns her she is going to look like Goldie Hawn's character in the first wives club.

Fast forward and here we are at the very first episode and Jac is talking about wanting yet another cosmetic face procedure...later on she & chris claim they don't need all this material stuff. Have ANY of these woman grown at all since season 1?

She plays the ditz with her fake sweetness and helpless act yet is still obsessed with Teresa, gossip and plastic surgery.  Like others have said, you have to feel sorry for Chris.  Does he now regret dumping his ex for a pregnant whacko jacko?!!

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 7
(edited)

My BF & I have a two-BR condo now, and no kids. Even if I hit some kind of lottery, I would probably at most upgrade to four BRs just to help reconcile my "I like things!" side with my "Open spaces are nice!" side (and two of those could be small, I don't care--just some space behind a door for stuff that doesn't need to be out and about every day). And it would probably still be a condo as opposed to a house-house.

Though, while I am hypothesizing, I may as well state that I would also like a nice tiki-bar setup too. Yes. Yes, I would--and the more '70s-looking, the better! 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, kymWC217 said:

Kathy and Rich Wakile of "Real Housewives of New Jersey" fame have built a new home in Franklin Lakes

They moved into this home in early 2016, a 10,000 square foot home with taxes over 30k a year.  Kathy was on Bethany show (I do not listen but read about it on reality tea) and said she is on the show because the money doesn't hurt.  Why you go from a modest 4 bedroom home to a 7 bedroom home when your kids are grown is beyond my grip on reality.

BTW, depending on insurance it can be covered.  My husband insurance covered it to the 3rd round when it finally took. Plus, Ashley was his stepdaughter so she can be on his insurance until she is 26 (college or not).  She was listed because they were paying her personal expenses which the company wrote off and she never claimed income as an employee, which is tax fraud.

19075194-standard.jpg

Watching these shows is throwing off my sense of context.  My first thought at this picture was "that's not that big"  I'll see myself out.

What's the house on the side of the house? 

16 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

My BF & I have a two-BR condo now, and no kids. Even if I hit some kind of lottery, I would probably at most upgrade to four BRs just to help reconcile my "I like things!" side with my "Open spaces are nice!" side (and two of those could be small, I don't care--just some space behind a door for stuff that doesn't need to be out and about every day). And it would probably still be a condo as opposed to a house-house.

Though, while I am hypothesizing, I may as well state that I would also like a nice tiki-bar setup too. Yes. Yes, I would.

Lol, I have a "my stuff needs more room" side.  And I will unabashedly admit that should a winning ticket make its way into my checking account, I am balling all the way out, multi room mansion (not mc), pools, cars, couple of baby grands, go cart track, giraffe enclosure, whole shebang.  I'd probably keep my job for the taxes though. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I would love even a tiny craft/workspace area that I wouldn't have to meticulously clean up mid-project each and every time I leave the cats unattended. Without a door, I can't do that, especially not with sewing stuff. And why not make a smaller BR into a closet? My walk-in now is too small (and so weirdly configured that it no longer even has a door on it, just a curtain)--lemme have a damn room and be done with it! 

You know what I really might like (provided I have enough dough for someone else to do, like, any upkeep that is too boring for me, that is)? An old Victorian that only looks like it's about to be condemned! Crackly paint, creaky rusty wrought-iron swinging gate, messy-to-the-naked-eye overgrown garden of wildflowers, all of it. Inside can be nice (my definition of nice, that is--comfortable furniture, tchotchkes galore, spooky things, and vintage stuff), but I want that outside to make children run--not walk--past my awesome home...which will have a nice tiki-bar/pool area in the back...only hidden by a barrier of either a high stone wall and/or more scary tall weeds so as not to ruin my curated theme, damn it!

And then I will audition for RHoNJ!

(Hey, other North Jersey folk, did you just experience that damn monsoon?!)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, kymWC217 said:

19075194-standard.jpg

Kathy Wakile McMansion - one of the Jonas brothers worked on this house. There is a photoshop genius "Mickey Mouth" who did many hilarious RH based pics. I remember their rendition of Kathy's house when it was under construction...they made the turrets as upstanding cannolis...it was soooo funny.

Andy has a sirius radio station. Amy Phillips has a show and on Tuesday Kathy & Rich were her guests. Bethenny saw them and was pre-taping her show so they went on her show too. Amy asked where she could get Kathy's cannolis because she couldn't find them - even on Kathy's website. Kathy said they are only available in some store in Chicago. I had said years ago when Kathy wanted to start these "kits" that it wasn't sustainable. Not because the Kits were too expensive but because it would be a logistical nightmare. That ended up being true because Kathy's Kits failed because the shipping costs and packaging costs that went to the customer ended having the customer paying more for the shipping than the product.

As for Ashlee....I am also not buying this she moved back last year to save money. No she moved back because you and Chris were paying for her apartment and expenses with stolen cash. You didn't want the money trail leading back to you and your supposed poverty. I also remember in an earlier season when Ashlee turned 16 (since she's 25 now that's nine years ago - which means 2007)...they bought her a car - using Jacqueline's credit info. I also remember Ashlee whining cause she did not want a car from a lot...she wanted the Lauritas Phantom Bentley. I wonder what "friend" has the title on that car.

• Love 2

I don't think show has been for that long, has it (even adding in, say, a year or so for season-one filming and editing)? And didn't Ashley have a car before that taken away from her because she was a dope? Also, I was 17 before I was allowed to get a Jersey license--not that one couldn't have a car before getting a license (I did).

• Love 1
On July 12, 2016 at 0:43 PM, njbchlover said:

You can get coverage through 26? My parents lied to me when I graduated from college and told me I wasn't eligible any more! Of course this was a long time ago...hint Bill Clinton was President. My two friends who went through IVF both got two shots covered. I guess it depends on your insurance. One worked for Chicago Public Schools, the other American Family Insurance.

The Wakile's new house does look just like the Gorga's. Is there some sort of NJ tacky, turret, faux Chateau McMansion home kit you can buy online? I can't believe her RHNJ salary covers it, so good for them I guess. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

The Wakile's new house does look just like the Gorga's. Is there some sort of NJ tacky, turret, faux Chateau McMansion home kit you can buy online? I can't believe her RHNJ salary covers it, so good for them I guess. 

I came here to say that same thing! As far as I know there's no turret, faux Mediterranean requirement mandated by the state when you build in NJ, LOL. I don't understand it just because there are so many gorgeous mansions and farmhouse type of houses scattered on a decent plot of land in North Jersey. Hell, her original house was beautiful! And seeing how Kathy is no longer a full time HW and as far as I've heard, is not being paid the same salary, goodness only knows how long they'll be able to hold on to it.

3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I would love even a tiny craft/workspace area that I wouldn't have to meticulously clean up mid-project each and every time I leave the cats unattended. Without a door, I can't do that, especially not with sewing stuff. And why not make a smaller BR into a closet? My walk-in now is too small (and so weirdly configured that it no longer even has a door on it, just a curtain)--lemme have a damn room and be done with it! 

You know what I really might like (provided I have enough dough for someone else to do, like, any upkeep that is too boring for me, that is)? An old Victorian that only looks like it's about to be condemned! Crackly paint, creaky rusty wrought-iron swinging gate, messy-to-the-naked-eye overgrown garden of wildflowers, all of it. Inside can be nice (my definition of nice, that is--comfortable furniture, tchotchkes galore, spooky things, and vintage stuff), but I want that outside to make children run--not walk--past my awesome home...which will have a nice tiki-bar/pool area in the back...only hidden by a barrier of either a high stone wall and/or more scary tall weeds so as not to ruin my curated theme, damn it!

And then I will audition for RHoNJ!

(Hey, other North Jersey folk, did you just experience that damn monsoon?!)

So with you Tattleteeny, I would LOVE a craft room, or a "she-shed," a place to call my own and let my creativity flow freely and make it super girly. A nice rancher with a front porch that I can sit on and be a noisy old lady, with a big backyard that my kids can run wild in would be a dream come true for me, and unlike the NJ HWs, my husband and I will actually save and sacrifice to get just that in the near future ;-).

YES, that storm was crazy! There were traffic lights and down tree branches everyone on my way home from work today. I hope everyone is safe and sound and dry too ;-)

• Love 2
5 hours ago, kymWC217 said:

19075194-standard.jpg

Agree with you on why anybody needs a 10K sf house with 7 BR with two grown kids is beyond me. And as somebody else asked what is that building to the right side? It doesn't look like a garage. Please tell me it's not the neighboring house.

I never saw anything official that accused the Laurita brothers of tax fraud (I recall fiduciary duty and embezzlement) but that does make sense - except they were paying corporate taxes on Signature income? - so not sure how that works. What I got out of the mind numbing filings was that they filed corporate BK for $59M? and the civilian law firm appointed to represent the creditor's disputed $8M? (sorry if mistaken - read them a long time ago). My understanding (could be wrong) is that the creditor's attorneys in a corporate case get paid a percentage of what they recover. Some of the claims seemed to be a stretch (i.e. - expenses related to China where the clothing was produced seem to be legitimate even if maybe excessive). I'm also confused cause if Chris and his brother owned the company couldn't they do what they liked with the income? I guess the tangle is if when they knew the company was going BK?

My mother worked for Newsday in LI for over 30-years (former editor of Kidsday for those from LI) and when the parent company (Times Mirror or successors) filed for BK after she retired the creditor's lawyers tried to include her in an overall suit for insider trading cause she sold her stock before (she's an excellent investor and didn't believe in the long term viability of the company). They actually served her and claimed she sold her stock in a certain time period that she didn't. Good thing her money manager kept her records that proved she didn't! Sorry for the long story - but it does seem applicable to the fact that these attorney's try to cast as wide a net as possible.

IMO - the real shadiness with the Signature BK was the transfer of the licenses to their partner (Iconix?) which stripped the most valuable assets out of the BK. I haven't seen anything in awhile, but the last I saw was the creditor's now going after Iconix (who happens to be Russell Simmons old partner) I assume cause they have deeper pockets. Can't get blood from a stone re Laurita's...the original filing was in 2010, last adversary filing a couple of years ago? I have to admit I'm morbidly curious what's going on now.

Sorry again for long (probably mind numbing) post...

• Love 2

YES, that storm was crazy! There were traffic lights and down tree branches everyone on my way home from work today. I hope everyone is safe and sound and dry too ;-)

My office has a flat metal roof; no one in there could even hear anything but that rain for 20 minutes! Even after the rest of the day's bright sun, this air still feels super-soggy! 

3 hours ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

I came here to say that same thing! As far as I know there's no turret, faux Mediterranean requirement mandated by the state when you build in NJ, LOL. I don't understand it just because there are so many gorgeous mansions and farmhouse type of houses scattered on a decent plot of land in North Jersey. Hell, her original house was beautiful! And seeing how Kathy is no longer a full time HW and as far as I've heard, is not being paid the same salary, goodness only knows how long they'll be able to hold on to it.

So with you Tattleteeny, I would LOVE a craft room, or a "she-shed," a place to call my own and let my creativity flow freely and make it super girly. A nice rancher with a front porch that I can sit on and be a noisy old lady, with a big backyard that my kids can run wild in would be a dream come true for me, and unlike the NJ HWs, my husband and I will actually save and sacrifice to get just that in the near future ;-).

I'm with you Angelsmom! And as usual Tattletenny too (who wouldn't love a Candy Spelling-type craft room?). I used to show (horses) in Northern NJ and they're so many better options...

In the spirit - meaning me being snarky (or honestly bitchy) look up the Joey Gorga's uncompleted house for sale in Franklin Lakes on Zillow (with photos!) for $2.65M (looks like Wakile's). Zillow now provides comparables and there's a fabulous house for sale in the area (meaning actual high end design and finishes if it's your taste) less than what the Gorga's are asking that they've significantly discounted over the past couple years. I'll try and figure out how to attach the link.

• Love 2

A few years ago, when I was looking to buy condos, my realtor (a fun guy who I have actually remained friends with due to some coincidences we realized afterward) was showing the Gorgas' house. He saw my face when he told us and just shook his head slowly and said, "It's by appointment only, and you have to be approved beforehand." 

On July 10, 2016 at 10:04 PM, CSunshine76 said:

Chris Laurita looks awful in his TH. I don't know if he got Botox or what, but I couldn't quit staring at his forehead and eyebrows.  Hate that he and Jac are back, only for money and shit stirring I'm sure.

The Guidice reunion got to me as well, those girls were so happy to have their mom back.  The innocent children always lose in situations like this. (Although, like a poster above I question Gabriella and Gia having to go to school...does NJ not take off the week prior to Christmas?)

Not sure I can make it all season, but what can I say, Housewives is a guilty pleasure. 

In any New Jersey districts the first day of Christmas break is Christmas Eve. 

I've watched the Season 7 trailer several times and each time, I laugh when Joe Gorga makes a toast to his sister. (It was in this episode.) It's like his verbal abilities are so basic that he can't speak in complete sentences ("To my sister. She spent a year. Tough times.") The exceptions are when he's talking about how hypersexual he is, or how the Giudices poisoned his father against him. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I can only assume the turrets are for when the barbarian hoards attack.  Or, in the case of our beloved housewives, when their relatives stop by unannounced. 

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 7

Newbie to the board.  I read regularly but founf myself glad  to not be able to give an immediate opinion.  

Having said that, today is the day!  

I acknowledge having my biases when it comes to the Guidices, I also have a good memory.  

Have people forgotten that  Tre is a former assistant buyer for Macy's?  She went to college and has a degree in a related field (this is is all according to Tre).  Assistant buyers do -PAPERWORK!- How could she possibly be so vacant.    

Enough said.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, archer1267 said:

I've watched the Season 7 trailer several times and each time, I laugh when Joe Gorga makes a toast to his sister. (It was in this episode.) It's like his verbal abilities are so basic that he can't speak in complete sentences ("To my sister. She spent a year. Tough times.") The exceptions are when he's talking about how hypersexual he is, or how the Giudices poisoned his father against him. 

How do they all gloss over the fact that the "tough times" were self inflicted?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Muffyn said:

I can only assume the turrets are for when the barbarian hoards attack.  Or, in the case of our beloved housewives, when their relatives stop by announced. 

If I was married to Richie Wakilie, I'd need a turret to banish him to. Let the barbarian hoards come!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Newbie to the board.  I read regularly but founf myself glad  to not be able to give an immediate opinion.  

Having said that, today is the day!  

I acknowledge having my biases when it comes to the Guidices, I also have a good memory.  

Have people forgotten that  Tre is a former assistant buyer for Macy's?  She went to college and has a degree in a related field (this is is all according to Tre).  Assistant buyers do -PAPERWORK!- How could she possibly be so vacant.    

Enough said.  

Welcome to the boards hisbunke!

Man I wish we had a sarcasm button, I can't tell if you were being tongue in cheek or serious.    Either way, I think *according to Tre* is the key phrase.  

http://www.realitytvscandals.com/2016/01/15/exclusive-did-teresa-giudice-work-as-a-buyer-for-macys/

• Love 1
7 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

A few years ago, when I was looking to buy condos, my realtor (a fun guy who I have actually remained friends with due to some coincidences we realized afterward) was showing the Gorgas' house. He saw my face when he told us and just shook his head slowly and said, "It's by appointment only, and you have to be approved beforehand." 

They need to make sure all the glue and duct tap are in place before someone takes a tour.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Welcome to the boards hisbunke!

Man I wish we had a sarcasm button, I can't tell if you were being tongue in cheek or serious.    Either way, I think *according to Tre* is the key phrase.  

http://www.realitytvscandals.com/2016/01/15/exclusive-did-teresa-giudice-work-as-a-buyer-for-macys/

Firmly tongue in cheek ZW.  I used to write regularly in a previous site, however things got so nasty I decided to bow out.  This issue was a perfect example... Tre supporters refused to look at this red flag/lie.  Macy'S buyers and assistant buyers are very competitive,well paying jobs. Theresa does not present as someone who has worked corporate. I got a lot of push back for saying that  - you know- everyone knew someone who had a corporate job and was not very smart, well spoken, well educated etc .  I just stopped caring. 

I do recall Dina's sister saying she met Theresa when both young women worked at Macy's cosmetic counter. 

• Love 4
(edited)
22 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Maybe they use that rubber seal in a spray can.

As long as Joe doesn't mix up that can with his spray-on hair in a can....  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 4
(edited)

Ahahahhahaaaa! As I typed that post, I just knew someone would mention that! Haha, he'd make his head watertight.

That said, the flashback they showed of the fight--holy hell, does Joe Gorga look worlds better without his hair! Or, rather, "hair."

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2
On 7/11/2016 at 10:55 AM, BravoAddict72 said:

I am so confused Joe and Teresa's house. I thought they were ordered by the court to sell it and wasn't she talking about moving into the apartment above the pizzeria? Yet they are still in it. It doesn't look like they cut back at all. 

Now that is a show I would watch - all six of them living over the Pizzeria.  I meant to mention that earlier.  Imagine the indignities for T.     Probably cause for divorce, although I think she really does love him.   I think Joe is a hoot by the way, just don't trust him.    Remember when Joe made that comment about moving there as they toured the place?   Who knew how there lives would change in the future as they did

On 7/13/2016 at 4:05 PM, Angelsmom1009 said:

You're right, I forgot all about that. They moved to Franklin Lakes in season 6, close to the Lauritas. Nothing like a couple close to retirement age and with two grown children upsizing in the sunset of their life, SMH. 

Yes! One of the Jonas brothers was building it?? Lmaoooo.

(edited)
On July 15, 2016 at 8:15 PM, hisbunkie said:

Firmly tongue in cheek ZW.  I used to write regularly in a previous site, however things got so nasty I decided to bow out.  This issue was a perfect example... Tre supporters refused to look at this red flag/lie.  Macy'S buyers and assistant buyers are very competitive,well paying jobs. Theresa does not present as someone who has worked corporate. I got a lot of push back for saying that  - you know- everyone knew someone who had a corporate job and was not very smart, well spoken, well educated etc .  I just stopped caring. 

I do recall Dina's sister saying she met Theresa when both young women worked at Macy's cosmetic counter. 

Welcome to the board hisbunkie! 

I sometimes post on another site where things get pretty nasty. I don't engage in personal attacks so I generally get left alone even if my opinions re Teresa are unpopular. Not a problem here! Everyone's entitled to their own opinion even if we disagree! Go USA! Also - many of us were trained by TWoP in the rules of polite (or semi) civil discourse.

I'd also eat my nastiest left shoe (one chewed on by my 100-lb dog) if Teresa was ever an Associate Buyer at Macy's with her two-year associate degree from the for-profit, accepts anybody if you pay the tuition, Berkeley College. In Herald Square no less! I think I recall she once claimed she worked for Vogue in some fashion (no initial pun intended)? 

It's a hoot though that the link posted above seemed to confuse it with University of Berkeley in CA (public Ivy League - accepts you out-of-state if you have a near perfect GPA, spend your summers saving baby seals (all for it), and play the bassoon (at least adequately). 

Edited by Jennifersdc
(edited)

Jac has always pinged my nut job radar. It's a running joke in my family that I am highly sensitive to this one brand of crazy. The kind that comes across nice and a little wounded, but is always storing information away to be used at a later date. It's generally (although, not always) a femal friendship dynamic. Anyway, after years of these things playing out my mom and sister have learned to listen to me when they say "she's so sweet!" and I say "she's a manipulative narcissist. She will screw you over, just wait.". This has been my take on Jac from go. Petty, selfish, manipulative, immature shit stirrer that masks her psycho under a mask of sweetness. *shudder* Also what in the name of Loretta Lynn is she wearing in her intro clips? What crazy ass Grand Ole Opry fire sale is she shopping at?

so Joe Gorga is gross, buuuuuuuuuuuut he kind of has a point about Melissa's store. This is a lousy time to try to open high end retail, which is a risky business in the best of times. The whole thing stinks of a vanity project money pit.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 8