Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 4/1/2018 at 3:44 PM, TattleTeeny said:

Me too. He's a big animal-welfare advocate. And...

Except when it comes to exploding turtles! (Yes, I know no animals were actually harmed during the making of Breaking Bad. He is just forever linked to that character in my mind.)

There's a Good2Go car insurance company that says it's "fast, cheap and easy!" to which I always respond with "just like your mother."

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 15

The commercial for Good2Go Insurance with the one kid whining about having to eat a casserole for dinner because mom had to pay for her car insurance makes me stabby especially in the next scene the mother and two kids are eating steak. The brat should be grateful he is getting something to eat at all.

(edited)
On 4/1/2018 at 3:44 PM, TattleTeeny said:

Me too. He's a big animal-welfare advocate. And...

Just wanted to add my 10 cents worth about this:

Say What?? Danny Trejo? animal advocate? I was also blown away that (for us middle aged folks) Richard Pryor and Buddy Hackett were very involved in animal rescue/welfare. Both have sadly, passed away but both of them deserve praise for contributing part of their fortunes to animals! As well as Danny.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The commercial for Good2Go Insurance with the one kid whining about having to eat a casserole for dinner because mom had to pay for her car insurance makes me stabby especially in the next scene the mother and two kids are eating steak. The brat should be grateful he is getting something to eat at all.

What's wrong with casserole?

• Love 7
On 4/6/2018 at 4:20 AM, chenoa333 said:

A drug to relieve constipation and one of the side effects is diarrhea! Lol!

Oh, it definitely is. I had surgery, so I had opioids and the corresponding anti-constipation meds. Tapered off the opioids as I started feeling better, didn't think to do the same with the other drug.

Not a good idea.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, janie jones said:

Nothing. I ate casseroles all the time growing up. So did everyone I knew. That's was normal.  Eating steak was rare and usually for special occasions because we couldn't afford to eat it all the time.       

• Love 7
(edited)

Oh No! Match.com has a new addition to its "lame ass, horrific actors". His name is Taylor. And he's being filmed filming himself with his cell phone. 

Hey Taylor, I know someone who would REALLY like you. Her name is Courtney....go find her!

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 19

Unless you're like the brats in the Target commercial I just saw.  Dad's going on a Target run because they're out of milk.  One of the kids wants soy milk and the other "isn't doing dairy this week".  Does doofus dad say "I'm getting milk for the family, not meeting your whims of the moment"?  Nope.  He just says "Der, ok". 

• Love 14

Tech is the target today.

I don't know who this guy is but I hate him and his stupid preaching.

Then this shit, that never ends:

and finally, any one of the "Make Google Do It Spots" but especially if they include Sia:

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Bastet said:

I forgot to complain about this one during the Olympics, but it just aired again, so ...

"Nine out of ten U.S. Olympians grew up drinking milk."  Ya think?  Most kids in America grew up drinking milk.  So it's probably just as true that nine out of ten U.S. serial killers, burglars, televangelists, and used car salespeople also grew up drinking milk, and said consumption is no more relevant to their eventual choices in life than it is to the Olympians'.

But what about chocolate milk?

• Love 3
22 hours ago, janie jones said:

I see nothing wrong with casseroles either. I mean whining because he is eating casserole again. Reminds me of the stupid commercial where one or more kids were whining about loading or unloading the dishwasher. Surprised the parents were not arrested for child abuse. The horror! #sarcasm is here

4 hours ago, millennium said:

and finally, any one of the "Make Google Do It Spots" but especially if they include Sia:

The first commercial stars the singer/actor Common. He's fantastic IMO.

The second commercial irritates me because one of the boys licks his iPad (or whatever) after all of his friends drop a watermelon off a bridge and the iPad gets sprayed with watermelon bits.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, millennium said:

That's an uncommon name.   He's still annoying as fuck IMO.

Unfortunately, I know who Common is and, yes, he is annoying as fuck.  They run that commercial constantly.  I just grab the remote.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, stillhere1900 said:

It usually looks like vomit

But there is really no "it"; casserole is not one set of ingredients or aesthetic style.  A casserole can look like a cake, macaroni and cheese, stew, mashed potatoes--anything you cook and/or serve in a "casserole" dish, basically.

Correction: I guess I should not say “and/or,” as I could serve myself a gin & tonic in that kind of dish (and don’t think I wouldn’t!) but that don’t make it a casserole (does it? Maybe I now have a code word for getting loaded, haha!).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 9

I HATE the Mutual of Omaha commercial with the fake focus group, especially the woman who says she had to spend her life savings on her husband's funeral expenses. Either she didn't have a lot saved or she paid way too much for her husband's funeral!

• Love 15

I like Common a lot, but I do dislike that commercial where he paces the stage and unleashes a stream of cliches and platitudes about technology. 

I hate the Audi commercial where a man is going into witness protection and given a new name, a nice new house, and a nice new car. He decides he’ll take his chances with whatever dangerous characters he’s testifying against because, get this, he wouldn’t be able to keep his Audi. Really. You might get shot, blowed up good (possibly in the Audi!) and have your body sealed in concrete at some construction site, but at least you got those few weeks with your Audi. Yeah right. Like it’s such a fantastic, amazing car that it’s worth your life. Eat shit, Audi.

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

The failure of that commercial for me is that Audi acts like their SUV looks different from any other SUV.

I took the ad as saying all of their cars look alike. Otherwise, they could give the guy a new Audi with different trim options that wouldn't look like his old one.

Has anyone else seen the Jimmy Dean commercial with him doing the talking?  I mean that guy died in 2010.  He has such a distinct voice....it strikes me as so creepy!  Hey...maybe it's just me!

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:28 PM, knitorpurl said:

I know most people here are irritated by the drug commercials but Linzess has reached a new low- literally showing two people sitting on their toilets! It's bad enough I have to hear about their personal digestive issues and the fact that this drug you are trying to sell them may cause bloody or black stools but I have no desire to watch them spending "too much time in the bathroom."

Make it stop!

Years ago I read that the FCC prohibited commercials that showed people gargling.  Don't know if that is still true.  They probably never thought to have a rule against commercials showing people sitting on toilets, because who would have ever thought anyone would stoop so low?  So far I've been fortunate for not seeing this ad, but I really don't look forward to munching on popcorn and hearing about somebody's stools. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Ilovecomputers said:

Years ago I read that the FCC prohibited commercials that showed people gargling.  Don't know if that is still true.  They probably never thought to have a rule against commercials showing people sitting on toilets, because who would have ever thought anyone would stoop so low?  So far I've been fortunate for not seeing this ad, but I really don't look forward to munching on popcorn and hearing about somebody's stools. 

Well, they're showing people popping zits now, so it doesn't surprise me that they've stooped to sitting on toilets.  I don't know how much lower they can go and I don't want to think about it.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Nothing. I ate casseroles all the time growing up. So did everyone I knew. That's was normal.  Eating steak was rare and usually for special occasions because we couldn't afford to eat it all the time.       

Growing up, Wednesday at our house was Prince Spaghetti Day!  Remember the old commercial where the woman calls for Anthony (seen riding his bike nearby or something)?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Ilovecomputers said:

Growing up, Wednesday at our house was Prince Spaghetti Day!  Remember the old commercial where the woman calls for Anthony (seen riding his bike nearby or something)?

• Love 6

David's Bridal, known for cheap wedding dresses has a line in an ad about your stylist would approve. If I am going to use a stylist, I don't think I would be shopping at David's Bridal

• Love 8
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:41 PM, Brattinella said:

PoopaRoos are simply disgusting.  And wrong.  And NO ONE should buy them!  Just horrifying.

I don't even care if my stuff stinks, its a bathroom ffs! LOL

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Barb1959 said:

Has anyone else seen the Jimmy Dean commercial with him doing the talking?  I mean that guy died in 2010.  He has such a distinct voice....it strikes me as so creepy!  Hey...maybe it's just me!

Yeah, I kinda wondered about that!

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 12:59 AM, Maverick said:

Unless you're like the brats in the Target commercial I just saw.  Dad's going on a Target run because they're out of milk.  One of the kids wants soy milk and the other "isn't doing dairy this week".  Does doofus dad say "I'm getting milk for the family, not meeting your whims of the moment"?  Nope.  He just says "Der, ok". 

I would've said "Fine, where's the money for your expensive-ass fake milk?".

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 7:03 AM, millennium said:

I kinda find the Sia ones amusing, but the rest I agree with.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:47 PM, peacheslatour said:

Ugh, Arby's. I love the song I Need a Hero and I really like Ving Rhames but shut up and stop wrecking the song.

I love the commercial because I HATE how people mangle the word "Gyro" and maybe that will help them remember.  :)

I hate hate HATE the new E-Harmony ad.   He says "She encouraged me to play video games!" while she rambles on and on about nothing in particular, and says "It's not awkward!  Well, he's awkward!" and then she kind of sputters on, not sure what to say.  No, that whole display was awkward, and I feel bad for that couple because the ad makes them seem "odd" when I'm sure they are a perfectly lovely couple.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I hate hate HATE the new E-Harmony ad.   He says "She encouraged me to play video games!" while she rambles on and on about nothing in particular, and says "It's not awkward!  Well, he's awkward!" and then she kind of sputters on, not sure what to say.  No, that whole display was awkward, and I feel bad for that couple because the ad makes them seem "odd" when I'm sure they are a perfectly lovely couple.

I don't like the ad, but I kinda dig her orange dress.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, LillyB said:

There is a Hulu ad featuring a web hosting site called WIX. It features two of the most annoying hipsters ever.

Is that Rhett and Link you're talking about?  They're big time Youtubers and have been involved in creating some of the best ads ever.

Here's one that really annoys me - it's the new l. l. bean "Be an Outsider".  Yeah, it's a cute idea, but - DUDE, ya' gotta' make sure that campfire is completely dead before turning out the lantern the night before!   No camper worth his hammock would leave it smoking.  Hasn't Smokey the Bear made any impression on you?  <snarl> GARRGGHHHHH.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wvFv/ll-bean-good-morning

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:59 AM, Maverick said:

Unless you're like the brats in the Target commercial I just saw.  Dad's going on a Target run because they're out of milk.  One of the kids wants soy milk and the other "isn't doing dairy this week". 

That means the second kid wants soy milk too, right?

• Love 1
On 4/9/2018 at 9:35 AM, NinjaPenguins said:

I like Common a lot, but I do dislike that commercial where he paces the stage and unleashes a stream of cliches and platitudes about technology. 

There's a Saturday Night Live joke about how his music is too much like Ted talks.

Though I guess we should be referring to him as Oscar award winner Common.

2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I used to do BOMC years ago. I got some really nice, expensive art, history and reference books for pennies.

I did, too.  Got some wonderful bargains, nice classy hardcover books.

• Love 1