Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Marigold said:

They are both appear so shallow and self involved.  I would fucking run from a  minister like Jeremy 

Exactly. I wouldn't trust them to show any actual interest in or concern for anyone or anything but their own pleasures and comforts......So why would you turn over an organization you care about, the spiritual health of you and your friends and family, etc., to someone who's so blatantly self-absorbed? 

I guess in a way it's better than some practiced hypocrite who successfully hides his shallowness and love of nothing but money and self self self......

But I still don't see why anybody'd want to put some dunderhead who's so blatant about his shallowness in a position of trust that involves caring for other people and looking at the big picture  either.

And yet I'm  sure someone somewhere will. Baffling to me. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
On 9/7/2019 at 7:44 AM, floridamom said:

Jessa, IMO talks bit but in reality she is scared to death of the 'real world' and will never enter it. She's happy reigning as 'Queen Bitch" in her own little insulated kingdom. Ben is more of an idiot for letting her.

Queen Bitch Jessa and Gentleman-in-Waiting Ben.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't recall the listing for the Vuolos' house mentioning a pool. I wonder where Jeremy was out not studying yesterday? As always, say hi to The Prop.

Since there appears to be a nice gazebo and a diving board in the background, I doubt they were in the local public pool.  Most likely, one of the RFP's new California BFF's invited them to swim in theirs.  Can't have a quiet day at home, after all.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't recall the listing for the Vuolos' house mentioning a pool. I wonder where Jeremy was out not studying yesterday? As always, say hi to The Prop.

Well, I must say he's definitely doing his job of making The Master's Seminary look like a great place to spend a few years "studying."

And this is a guy who's been rumored to have some sort of job (administrative?) as well. So somehow he's squeezing that into his days too?

Nevertheless -- It's an enticing message -- Come to our academy and you, too, can have a weekly school schedule that includes an evening out in Malibu followed by a relaxing afternoon at the pool. (After a golf date and an all-day restaurant crawl, perhaps....). .... Plus, you and yours will (somehow) afford to live in a four-bedroom house and start your mornings with the priciest caffeinated drinks in the LA area! 

This is grad school??! He's making it sound so good they'll need to drive away excess applicants with a stick.

Not bad for an institution experiencing a prolonged suspension of its full accreditation.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
On 9/4/2019 at 6:21 PM, OpieTaylor said:

In JerME's instastory, he added @malibufarm, which is a restaurant with locations around the U.S., including at Malibu pier. So I'm pretty sure that's where they were.

One of the comments on the picture said it's the Malibu Beach Inn.  Maybe the restaurant is in the Inn. 

He certainly did try to give the impression that they were staying at someone's home. 🙄

• Love 7
On 9/6/2019 at 10:30 AM, lilwhitelion said:

I was actually impressed by the choice of song for Jinger's birthday port for Jeremy.  Not a hymn or anthem by a Christian artist, but an interesting song called Nine Million Bicycles by Katie Melua, a Georgian-British singer-songwriter.  

I looked it up and it went to Number 3 on the UK singles chart in 2005.  Interesting.

You're right--the artist doesn't seem to record Christian songs, according to what I've read on Wikipedia.

Here's the song & lyrics:

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Jeremy is probably a Melua fan. I remember when she broke out about 15 years ago but don't really remember her getting much coverage after that. He would have been a teen at the time. Might have been introduced to her when he quit homeschooling to go to high school or when he was in college.

If she is Christian, she is probably Eastern Orthodox because she is originally from the country of Georgia and was baptized in that faith. She spent some of her childhood in Belfast and attended Catholic schools while there, so her religious background is not Duggar-approved.

I liked some of her stuff and her and always thought she had a fascinating life story but was never a super fan and don't remember her work being religious in nature. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I do hope she's wearing a normal bathing suit.

I’m sure that Lissy AND Jinger are wearing a cute one-piece swimsuit.  No way would Jeremy let them wear one of those ugly sacks like Jinger wore when she lived with Ma and Pa Duggar.  No way.  I’m just wondering if Preacher Stud is wearing a Speedo.

Edited by farmgal4
Added another sentence.
  • LOL 17
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m sure that Lissy AND Jinger are wearing a cute one-piece swimsuit.  No way would Jeremy let them wear one of those ugly sacks like Jinger wore when she lived with Ma and Pa Duggar.  No way.  I’m just wondering if Preacher Stud is wearing a Speedo.

This reminds me that I was recently at Miami Beach, and there were women in full head to toe coverage bathing suits, that were completely modest but still looked decent on the beach,  and the women were able to move and swim in them.  ( of course the men were in regular swim shorts 🙄).  It made me think of the Duggers and the Rodrigii!

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, awaken said:

This reminds me that I was recently at Miami Beach, and there were women in full head to toe coverage bathing suits, that were completely modest but still looked decent on the beach,  and the women were able to move and swim in them.  ( of course the men were in regular swim shorts 🙄).  It made me think of the Duggers and the Rodrigii!

I have seen modest swimsuits designed for Muslim women.  They are made of thr right fabric that can get wet without running the risk of drowning and have a skirt.  It can be done.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have seen modest swimsuits designed for Muslim women.  They are made of thr right fabric that can get wet without running the risk of drowning and have a skirt.  It can be done.

There are multiple Muslim women who swim in my local public pool along with their families.  Their suits provide full coverage, including head covering, while they are able to swim and play in the water with their kids without problems.

That's the problem I have with the Duggars and other fundies who want more coverage than a regular swim suit provides.  There are ways to do that that are not only stylish, but safe for swimming.  

However, I do expect that Jinger is wearing a nice one piece, maybe even a two piece swimsuit with more coverage than most.  I think Jeremy is far too concerned with their 'image' amongst the LA crowd as well as online and would never want Jinger to wear something that he didn't think was 'cool'.

• Love 24
26 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

That's the problem I have with the Duggars and other fundies who want more coverage than a regular swim suit provides.  There are ways to do that that are not only stylish, but safe for swimming.  

Yes, but as I know you  know, the Duggars aren't doing this for more coverage, per se, or for stylishness or safety (swimming in jeans, anyone?). They are doing it to draw attention to themselves and to set themselves apart from the godless heathens. What good is being modest and holy if you don't broadcast it every single second and get as much self-aggrandizement from it as possible?

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

There are multiple Muslim women who swim in my local public pool along with their families.  Their suits provide full coverage, including head covering, while they are able to swim and play in the water with their kids without problems.

Yes, exactly, this is the type I meant. Makes so much more sense than a long denim skirt and regular shirt!

• Love 6
12 hours ago, awaken said:

Yes, exactly, this is the type I meant. Makes so much more sense than a long denim skirt and regular shirt!

It'd make more sense if what you really wanted to do was swim!

But if what you really want to do is call everybody's attention to you so you can make a point about how super-super-modest and super-GODLY you are....then not so much......🙄

• Love 19

It feels like Jinger went from being controlled by her parents to being controlled by Jeremy. What does Jinger want to wear? Is she happy in the new clothes or was she happy wearing a skirt all the time? We'll never know, because she was taught from infancy that she's not allowed to think and choose for herself. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Unlike the Rodrigues family women who wear long denim skirts!! 

• Love 2

It's smart getting her in the pool young.  The earlier children are exposed to water and taught basic swimming skills, the safer they usually are.  I think most of the kidults with little one's have posted photos of them swimming in some fashion.  Modest or not, they're all at least doing something right for their kids in that arena.

Lissy looks like she's having a ball.  

• Love 15
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

And get kicked out of the KOA campsite pool!

And that's even better, because then you're a martyr for the faithand for true female virtue! 

Just like Lady Jane Grey! 

😈😱

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

And that's even better, because then you're a martyr for the faithand for true female virtue! 

Just like Lady Jane Grey! 

😈😱

And Anne Boleyn, another Protestant martyr, at least according to the Botkins.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

And Anne Boleyn, another Protestant martyr, at least according to the Botkins.

They revere a woman who spent seven years keeping the man-child Henry interested in her by deploying multiple techniques that she "picked up in the French court" before finally doing it ultimately before they were legally wed??  Anne was pregnant with Elizabeth when they got married.  Obviously, math is not their strong suit.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

They revere a woman who spent seven years keeping the man-child Henry interested in her by deploying multiple techniques that she "picked up in the French court" before finally doing it ultimately before they were legally wed??  Anne was pregnant with Elizabeth when they got married.  Obviously, math is not their strong suit.

Ah, well, you see Ann Boleyn was a supporter of the reformation and strongly encouraged Henry to break with the ebil Catholic Church.  She actively campaigned against the Catholic clergy in England and worked towards the imprisonment and execution of several of them.  And, of course, this had nothing to do with the fact that Henry's first wife was a devout Catholic, her nephew was close pals with the Pope and there was no way he was going to get an annulment to marry Ann from the Church.  No sirreee! Ann was just a good Christian woman who believed in the correct Jesus and hated Catholics as any good fundie woman should.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
45 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Ah, well, you see Ann Boleyn was a supporter of the reformation and strongly encouraged Henry to break with the ebil Catholic Church.  She actively campaigned against the Catholic clergy in England and worked towards the imprisonment and execution of several of them.  And, of course, this had nothing to do with the fact that Henry's first wife was a devout Catholic, her nephew was close pals with the Pope and there was no way he was going to get an annulment to marry Ann from the Church.  No sirreee! Ann was just a good Christian woman who believed in the correct Jesus and hated Catholics as any good fundie woman should.

It should all be so simple! I study Tudor history. It is so much more complex than these fundies realize. Maybe if they actually went to school and read something besides the Bible, they would learn something. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If Jinger is wearing a swimsuit I hope someone has filled her in on grooming. 

I get the feeling that RFP has already instructed Jinge how to take care of her minge.  He strikes me as the type to have his preferences.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I’m not sure I believe Jinger even writes these posts herself.

Maybe something like this before Jer jumps in and revises it?

Wow, Felicity can crawl, rock a horse and is kind of afraid to walk. She’s growing up so fast. I love being her mom.

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe something like this before Jer jumps in and revises it?

Wow, Felicity can crawl, rock a horse and is kind of afraid to walk. She’s growing up so fast. I love being her mom.

You forgot #girlmom.

• LOL 14
15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Changing the subject, here's an ode to the Prop.

I agree with others who say Jinger didn't write this by herself.  This certainly sounds more eloquent and articulate than I can imagine for Jinger, or even Jeremy.  It's like a missive from an imaginary place.

• Love 12