Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

**disclaimer**  I know there are posters that don’t believe the blind items from this site, please don’t blast me for posting it.  I felt it very relevant to the thoughts that have been expressed here ever since they announced the move to LA. 

CE8CD347-EFA9-4D15-B599-A68ACEDF6C77.jpeg

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20190402-093708_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.04476ea00ad8deaf0d0898daea04442b.jpgScreenshot_20190402-093653_Instagram-1080x1920.thumb.jpg.781db27c65e67297cc488f330f323452.jpg

🙄

Well, they're a lot like the Duggars. Write a book directing others on how to have a successful marriage relationship when you've been married just a hair over three years ..... Of course, we've seen Duggars give public presentations of their marriage wisdom at under the one-year mark, as I recall. So I guess these guys qualify as veterans by that standard. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
(edited)

Jeremy and Audrey's book is a bit like Jill's recipe blog. Proceed at your own risk.

As a disclaimer, I've read only a tiny piece of this book online, for free. That was plenty. The wannabe marriage experts don't bother to proofread anything they put online, and Jeremy Roloff comes across sounding like a graduate of the Duggars' school of the dining room table. 

Maybe Jeremy V. is into prosperity gospel. Expensive stuff is a sure sign of god's favor. Usually, most successful money-raising preachers have charisma, however, and Jeremy doesn't. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Me too! I was thinking “wow, I could hit those from space! I wouldn’t even need a butterfly!” 😂

When I was a med student, I used to check out people I saw walking around the mall; trying to judge who was a tough stick and who would be an easy one.  Kinda sad, really.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

When I was a med student, I used to check out people I saw walking around the mall; trying to judge who was a tough stick and who would be an easy one.  Kinda sad, really.

I am a graphic designer. When I go to restaurants I tend to proofread the menus. Sometimes I giggle with glee if I find a typo. Husband is not amused. 

Different professions, same idea. 

Edited by Westiepeach
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8
(edited)

Was iceburg lettuce part of the lettuce recall last year? He may not want to have the charisma of a lettuce making people sick. I personally think he has the charisma of a dirty dishrag sitting in yellow melting snow.

Edited by bigskygirl
On 3/31/2019 at 9:31 AM, Absolom said:

The Roloff ratings are usually somewhat higher.  We'll have to see how this season goes with the loss of Jeremy and his family plus dragging on with the sell the farm theme.

Wow! I didn’t know they left the show.

(edited)

Yeah I don't even like lettuce but feel like that might be too insulting to innocent lettuce everywhere. Agreed with the basic premise that Jeremy sucks ass at public speaking and has no charismatic presence. He'd be shit out of luck as a potential cult leader. . . .

Edited by Zella
  • Love 5
(edited)
18 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Wow! I didn’t know they left the show.

I think its pure speculation with some people thinking TLC are giving Jinger & Jeremy their own show, I doubt it though, who wants to see a whole 45 mins of Jeremy and Jinger not me. 

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 8

Before the train goes more off the rails, my post was saying the Roloff ratings were higher than the Duggar ratings.  However, this season of Roloffs may be lower because Jeremy Roloff and his family are off LPBW.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

In an article I read a while back where Jeremy and Audrey basically blamed folks for a "failed" marriage. Basically saying 50% of marriages fail because partners don't put in the time to make them work. Oh and because Jesus. 

So I'm thinking the book very much aligns with the Duggars.

It's a wonder that folks without Jesus are able to maintain jobs and marriages, have families and are happy. And many folks do it without drugs, alcohol and jail time. 

• Love 15
On 4/2/2019 at 9:12 AM, Normades said:

You could get Grandma Mary to help you, doesn't she knit.  Then it could be a godly Duggar Enterprise!!!!

Done! I'm submitting my small business application today!

20 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Long, curly hair - that's God's favorite. He must be blessed!

Those are some luscious locks. I'm surprised their religion is ok with him having hair that long and curly. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, questionfear said:

Done! I'm submitting my small business application today!

Those are some luscious locks. I'm surprised their religion is ok with him having hair that long and curly. 

He might as well enjoy them while he has hair. He might wind up like Mario Batali bald but still has a gross ponytail in the back.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

He might as well enjoy them while he has hair. He might wind up like Mario Batali bald but still has a gross ponytail in the back.

And sexually assaulting women in back rooms and sexually harassing women everywhere he can get away with it? 

• Useful 4
(edited)
22 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

In an article I read a while back where Jeremy and Audrey basically blamed folks for a "failed" marriage. Basically saying 50% of marriages fail because partners don't put in the time to make them work. Oh and because Jesus. 

My favorite part of their whole 50% of marriages fail theme is that they called their program (if I'm not mistaken) "Beating 50%!"  I think that's hilarious.  Are they teaching people to abuse their spouses??  Every time I hear it my mind goes there.  Obviously abuse is not funny, but the fact that these dolts can't even come up with a better name just shows the level of their intelligence.  Seriously, come up with a more positive name.  Using marriage and beating conjures up a very bad image.  

I really am shocked that any Duggar would have anything to do with these hipsters.  They aren't shy about imbibing in the Jesus juice.  I would think that would be a big no no for Jinger and Jer.  I guess if there's fame and fortune to be had, they can deal with anything. 

Edited by Normades
typo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

By "Jesus Juice" do you mean alcohol?  I think people mentioned that Jeremy isn't opposed to alcohol.  His wife wears pants, so they don't follow all of JB's and Michelle's beliefs. 

The Roloffs are obviously the right type of Christians and their TLC fame makes them perfect for Jeremy's less rules-intense form of Christianity. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Temperance said:

By "Jesus Juice" do you mean alcohol?  I think people mentioned that Jeremy isn't opposed to alcohol.  His wife wears pants, so they don't follow all of JB's and Michelle's beliefs. 

The Roloffs are obviously the right type of Christians and their TLC fame makes them perfect for Jeremy's less rules-intense form of Christianity. 

I was under the impression that Jeremy and Audrey were Fundies and not so much the rest of the crew.

Both of Jeremy R's parents are intimate with their new partners and the youngest Roloff boy is engaged but living with his fiance. Not sure that fits with Jeremy's born again Fundiness.

Jeremy and Audrey do seem to fit well though.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

Yes, I mean they drink alcohol.  I had no idea that Jeremy is okay with that.  I wonder how JimBoob feels about that.  

Someone upthread mentioned the youngest Roloff, Jacob living with his girlfriend.  I assume he is the black sheep and definitely looked down upon by his Jer and Audj.  Personally I like the kid.  He's into Buddhism and Alan Watts, who I really like.  He might be a bit of a hipster, too, but at least he has the backbone to follow his own path.  Jer and Audj and Jer and Jing are just slicker versions of the same old BS, in my opinion.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Normades said:

I really am shocked that any Duggar would have anything to do with these hipsters. 

I think Babe is more hipster than Jer and Audj .

My friend ran into J&A & baby in an airport (I think, or somewhere on the WC) and said they are adorable....she went up to them and they were very sweet and polite to her.

I don't listen to one word that any of these people spew, but if TLC is looking to create some kind of a spin-off, Babe, Babe, and Babe the Third;  and Jer, Audj, and offspring are the most camera-friendly of both tribes, and that's probably all they care about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/2/2019 at 2:17 PM, Lunera said:

Jinger has been reading the Susie Spurgeon book for months, I doubt she finished this book in a day.

To be fair, it's possible the Susie Spurgeon is written as actual dense history, whereas the Roloffs is probably written with the gushing, breathless depth of "Waiting for Prince Charming".

On 4/2/2019 at 5:29 PM, Westiepeach said:

I am a graphic designer. When I go to restaurants I tend to proofread the menus. Sometimes I giggle with glee if I find a typo. Husband is not amused. 

Different professions, same idea. 

Once I walked past a restaurant sandwich board on the street for one of those upscale diner-type restaurants, advertising its daily special of "Mussocka". 

Me:  "Um, if they know you can't spell "Moussaka", do you think patrons really want to be eating it?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
22 hours ago, Normades said:

Someone upthread mentioned the youngest Roloff, Jacob living with his girlfriend.  I assume he is the black sheep and definitely looked down upon by his Jer and Audj. 

Jake has a pretty serious flame-out a while back on a Reddit AMA where be pretty much threw his old man under the bus for ruining his childhood by monetizing it on TLC and then dicking him out of the money.  He also got kicked out that faux-academy Christian high school, if I remember correctly.  Dude was apparently pretty scarred by the whole experience of being on TLC, especially how they played up his brain injury for drama and advertising money.  He actually is pretty cool with his brothers, they seem to have a sort of silent agreement to not discuss it at least on social media.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
14 hours ago, queenanne said:

To be fair, it's possible the Susie Spurgeon is written as actual dense history, whereas the Roloffs is probably written with the gushing, breathless depth of "Waiting for Prince Charming".

Once I walked past a restaurant sandwich board on the street for one of those upscale diner-type restaurants, advertising its daily special of "Mussocka". 

Me:  "Um, if they know you can't spell "Moussaka", do you think patrons really want to be eating it?"

On the other hand, you may not want to eat it unless they spell it like this --     μουσακάς     ;  )

They may have misspelled it because they can't spell or they may have misspelled it in English because they're not native speakers, too. Probably not the case. But, still, always a possibility when we're talking about restaurants. As long as they cook it right and properly clean stuff and wait tables politely that's all I really care about when it comes to restaurants. 

What I think is cool about the human mind is that everybody still knew what Mussocka was when it showed up on the restaurant sign. And I'm always kind of attracted to the idea of spelling things phonetically. I guess too big a fetish for spelling reminds me of the Duggars' fetish for rote learning rather than thinking. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Lemur said:

Jake has a pretty serious flame-out a while back on a Reddit AMA where be pretty much threw his old man under the bus for ruining his childhood by monetizing it on TLC and then dicking him out of the money.  He also got kicked out that faux-academy Christian high school, if I remember correctly.  Dude was apparently pretty scarred by the whole experience of being on TLC, especially how they played up his brain injury for drama and advertising money.  He actually is pretty cool with his brothers, they seem to have a sort of silent agreement to not discuss it at least on social media.

What was the issue with the money? Did he get conned out of it? I lost respect for Matt and Amy Roloff years ago -- for monetizing their family, for being slobs, and for their kids, or at least Jeremy, being bigots. Pretty much the same as Jim Bob and Michelle. 

• Love 7
(edited)
On 4/1/2019 at 7:46 PM, GeeGolly said:

I hear you. Jeremy was however seen as a spiritual leader to a dozen or so parishioners prior to marrying Jinger. And if Jeremy is internationally seen as a spiritual leader it must be by like minded folks. 

There are plenty of folks in People magazine, on TV magazines and featured in mainstream news and no one knows who they are. Just a blip on the radar and gone. 

Jay Leno used to catch folks on the sidewalk and show pictures of famous folks. Like George Washington, Lincoln, current names in the news etc. You'd be surprised how few could name them.

Whether Jeremy is clawing, sliding or being cradled into his next job he is still relatively unknown.

I'll be those same people could now identify "Instagram Influencers". GAG. 

On 4/2/2019 at 9:13 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I work in compliance, and I tend to check out the federal and state labor posters by the break rooms, etc.

Back on topic, I think Jeremy will have a nasty shock when he gets to L.A.  Church attendance is steadily declining, and he has the charisma of iceberg lettuce, so I don’t see him packing pews.  

LOL, I worked for a fine china company and I turn over people's vases and tableware to see who made them. 

Edited by MamaMax
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

I worked nine years in retail. I was out one day with my husband at Walmart, and a lady ask me if I could help her. I told her I do not work here, and she was like are you sure. Okay...

If someone showed me a picture of Jeremy and ask me if I knew who he was, I would run in the other direction. Oh what the heck, I probably tell the person what I thought of Jeremy and certain other members of the Duggar clan. They probably would need to edit out my response.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

What was the issue with the money? Did he get conned out of it? I lost respect for Matt and Amy Roloff years ago -- for monetizing their family, for being slobs, and for their kids, or at least Jeremy, being bigots. Pretty much the same as Jim Bob and Michelle. 

He never really elaborated, just that he'd felt "f*cked" out of money for having his childhood exploited.  You know, the usual stuff we bitch about with these families.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

He wanted his pay from being filmed as a child IIRC.  It was the same old TLC story, they were paid as a family so there was no account with Jacob's earnings from the show.  

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lemur said:

He never really elaborated, just that he'd felt "f*cked" out of money for having his childhood exploited.  You know, the usual stuff we bitch about with these families.  

50 minutes ago, Absolom said:

He wanted his pay from being filmed as a child IIRC.  It was the same old TLC story, they were paid as a family so there was no account with Jacob's earnings from the show.  

So in other words, he did get conned out of it. My only question is why Jacob would blame his father more than his mother, since they both were in on it. Maybe Matt is more money-hungry in person. 

I watched that show briefly, and I always thought Jacob was the forgotten child of the Roloff family, like the Jennifer or Jordyn of the Duggar family. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 4

I thought children in tv shows and movies had to have money put aside for them?

If the Roloffs didn't then it's probably for control of the kids and maybe Matt more than Amy because perhaps Matt was the money guy in the marriage???

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

If the Roloffs didn't then it's probably for control of the kids and maybe Matt more than Amy because perhaps Matt was the money guy in the marriage???

I thought so as well, but I've also heard that it's essentially at the discretion of the parents -- that they can claim to use funds for the benefit of the child. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

All those rules are only for child actors and reality show participants are not considered actors.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

That is true for guild members, but reality show participants do not qualify for guild membership.  There are a very few states where state law requires some set aside for minors in reality shows.  That can be fairly easily gotten around by using the money to pay for things for the kids that the parents would have had to provide anyway.  

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Absolom said:

That is true for guild members, but reality show participants do not qualify for guild membership.

That rule needs to change. "Reality" tv is ubiquitous now. 

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Heathen said:

That rule needs to change. "Reality" tv is ubiquitous now. 

I agree.  Lots of kids being living in front of the cameras with no expectation of a pay off is terrible. 

I notice a lot of these little kids are really intimidated by the camera's in their face.  That littlest Dugger girl really doesn't like it and I always feel sorry for her.

• Love 7

I believe PA enacted a law protecting all child performers, stemming from the Kate +8 family. From what I understand the parents can still use a large chunk of the money though.

• Love 11

Well, clearly I am in a mood because she looks all Shirley Temple headshot to me: too much fake cute.

And while I’m at it, tell me there’s a grownup hovering just out of camera range to catch her when she face plants off that thing. Isn’t she too young to be sitting up there solo?

• Love 15