Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Puffin said:

I didn’t even notice the cuff links at first all I saw was the tie.

It struck me because I've been wondering whether their logo is theirs only or what. )

It looks to me like 11 shepherd's crooks -- so, standing for disciples? minus Judas? or something? Except there's one crook out in front....so Jesus plus 10? (Like Kate plus Eight?)

Anyway, it puzzled me, and I don't remember ever seeing it anywhere else.... So, since I've wondered about this, I noticed it on the cufflink. 

I'm kind of ADD.....Cufflink! ....Squirrel!

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Jeremy latched his wagon to the Duggars, so yes in a round about way, he is part of the Duggar family "business." He can pretend not to use his in-laws five minutes of fame to promote himself, but where was he before he got together with Jinger. I am not saying he does not care for Jinger or the baby, but he is getting his mileage out of marriage to a Duggar daughter.

12 hours ago, Reddust said:

All I thought when I saw that picture was that he has great veins.  Yes, I'm a nurse. Lol.

I’m a nurse too, and his veins were the only thing that drew my attention! 😁 There’s been plenty of times when I’d have seriously paid for veins like that. 💉

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, BitterApple said:

So I never bothered to read the Instagram comments regarding the move until last night. I was absolutely dying with fits of laughter over all the people who "feared" for Jer and Jingle's safety along with warnings that they'd be targets for extremists. I'm sorry, but are they moving to California or a Taliban stronghold in the Middle East? 

Maybe that's the angle Jeremy will play to get love offerings? "We're too scared to leave the house, send designer suits!".

People also posted with concern for their safety in the Laredo series of posts- worried about them having trouble with “illegals” 🙄

• LOL 3
On 3/30/2019 at 10:25 PM, Temperance said:

Jeremy does like really nice clothes. If he were to get into a scandal, he seems more like the type of guy who gets into, for example,  an embezzlement scheme than another Josh. 

That makes me think of Paul Manafort and his $15K ostrich jacket.

Just looking at those skinny shoes make my feet hurt in sympathy.  Doesn't this guy own a pair of sneakers? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, BitterApple said:

So I never bothered to read the Instagram comments regarding the move until last night. I was absolutely dying with fits of laughter over all the people who "feared" for Jer and Jingle's safety along with warnings that they'd be targets for extremists. I'm sorry, but are they moving to California or a Taliban stronghold in the Middle East? 

Maybe that's the angle Jeremy will play to get love offerings? "We're too scared to leave the house, send designer suits!".

11 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Even though I’m sure I would hate everything he says, I can’t manage to dislike Jeremy.

He IS trying to get a life going. The Duggar boys are all pathetic clingers to the family “business” (and what would that be exactly?). He’s got some real world relationships, and seems to adore his family. I don’t doubt that even if this all falls apart that he would find a way to survive. I can’t say that about any of the others outside of Austin. 

I know, I know, the standard is low. But I couldn’t give a crap about his fashion as long as that baby is taken care of. And I can’t see him as a creepy cheater (the word tried to correct to Chester!).  I think he sowed some wild oats and wants this life now. 

To me and I guess my naive self, these last three years have been eye opening. Everyone so divided and fearful of each other. Some fears are rational and many aren't. 

In the scheme of things the Duggars and the Jeremys of the world are too wrapped up in themselves to ever make any real impact on others who believe differently, IMO.

And how sad for them and some of their followers who think the LGBTQ community, Pro-Choicers, different Christians and non-Christians, etc, are to be feared.

What a crazy world we live in.

• Love 13
(edited)
11 hours ago, awaken said:

People also posted with concern for their safety in the Laredo series of posts- worried about them having trouble with “illegals” 🙄

Oh please.... The "danger" he should be worried about is the fact Ma and Pa Duggar Stupid did not handle the fact their number one son molested his wife and did not get the proper help she obviously needed. Clean up your own house before trying to tell others how to clean.

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So, I guess Jinger and Jeremy will be living in “Danger America”.

He can ask Deredick and Jill Cling Along for tips. So for it has been 0% in the success of a Duggar child leaving the clan to be on their own. Will Jeremy and Jinger break the losing streak when they move on to California?

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)

I think Jeremy is more interested in the attention a minister can bring him instead of trying to comfort others. He picked Jinger for a reason. He is more hot air just like Smugs and Deredick are fill of hot air. I am waiting for the day when Jeremy runs for office or tries to get his own religious type national television show.

Edited by bigskygirl
Should try to wake up before typing a post.
On 3/29/2019 at 10:10 PM, Temperance said:

Also Jinger seems to be good internet friends with Audrey Roloff.

That's really surprising to me since Audrey definitely has no problem drinking.  I would think that would be a real no no for Jingle and Jer.  It would be interesting to see a crossover episode if that's in the cards.  I guess these people can look the other way on some behaviors if it benefits them.  

On 3/31/2019 at 8:41 AM, Reddust said:

All I thought when I saw that picture was that he has great veins.  Yes, I'm a nurse. Lol.

I thought dude definitely shaves the backs of his hands.  He's definitely hyper focused on his appearance!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Oh please.... The "danger" he should be worried about is the fact Ma and Pa Duggar Stupid did not handle the fact their number one son molested his wife and did not get the proper help she obviously needed. Clean up your own house before trying to tell others how to clean.

He can ask Deredick and Jill Cling Along for tips. So for it has been 0% in the success of a Duggar child leaving the clan to be on their own. Will Jeremy and Jinger break the losing streak when they move on to California?

Eh...I think it's more of a 1% success since Jeremy and Jinger clearly only appear in Arkansas when they're needed for filming. They're still dependent on TLC though so my shady made up math gives them 1% for not living in a Duggar special. It's probably more snobbery than legit concern but something tells me Jeremy would never live in a house built by his underage brothers in law. They might use his books for insulation. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Normades said:

Well, what else would a Duggar use a book for??

Remember the final fate of many an old Sears catalog...

Books other than the KJB are about that useful to Duggars, I think. 

Of course, I might not hesitate with a Wisdom Book. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Remember the final fate of many an old Sears catalog...

Books other than the KJB are about that useful to Duggars, I think. 

Of course, I might not hesitate with a Wisdom Book. 

According to my older brother and his friends, there are 2 fates for some old Sears catalogs. but I cannot see a Duggar or Duggar adjacent partaking in the other one except Josh.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, questionfear said:

Eh...I think it's more of a 1% success since Jeremy and Jinger clearly only appear in Arkansas when they're needed for filming. They're still dependent on TLC though so my shady made up math gives them 1% for not living in a Duggar special. It's probably more snobbery than legit concern but something tells me Jeremy would never live in a house built by his underage brothers in law. They might use his books for insulation. 

I would not want to live in any house the Duggars worked on. I would rather pitch a tent in my own yard.

24 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I would not want to live in any house the Duggars worked on. I would rather pitch a tent in my own yard.

Me neither. I hope any buyer looking at a Duggar flip hires the home inspector from hell.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I'm not sure I agree that Jinger is damaged goods and Jeremy should be concerned that she needs to be fixed. Nor do I believe Jeremy's house is dirty because his BIL molested his wife.

IMO, Jeremy does a fine job tarnishing his own reputation without having him own the mistakes/crimes of others.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not sure I agree that Jinger is damaged goods and Jeremy should be concerned that she needs to be fixed. Nor do I believe Jeremy's house is dirty because his BIL molested his wife.

IMO, Jeremy does a fine job tarnishing his own reputation without having him own the mistakes/crimes of others.

I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying. I did not say he thought Jinger was damaged good. He did marry into the family, so he knows what their dirty little secrets are and obviously he is trying to soak up all the five minute of fame he can get out of it. Before he can so called "counsel" others, he needs to take a hard look at himself and take a long hard look at what his in-laws religious and political beliefs are because he has lay down with the Duggar fleas when it comes down to their stupidity, ignorance and bigotry, and they may stay with him. He may try his best to stay away from her family, but what they say and do will haunt him in the real world. I think he is nothing but a fraud trying to be a major religious figure, but he is nothing but a little tiny pick of dust in the religious world. Just like Smugs and Deredick are. Too much self importance with very little to show for it.

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)
44 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying. I did not say he thought Jinger was damaged good. He did marry into the family, so he knows what their dirty little secrets are and obviously he is trying to soak up all the five minute of fame he can get out of it. Before he can so called "counsel" others, he needs to take a hard look at himself and take a long hard look at what his in-laws religious and political beliefs are because he has lay down with the Duggar fleas when it comes down to their stupidity, ignorance and bigotry, and they may stay with him. He may try his best to stay away from her family, but what they say and do will haunt him in the real world. I think he is nothing but a fraud trying to be a major religious figure, but he is nothing but a little tiny pick of dust in the religious world. Just like Smugs and Deredick are. Too much self importance with very little to show for it.

Yup. I misunderstood you. 

I never got the impression that Jeremy has tried to distance himself from the Duggars and their beliefs. Actually I think by marrying Jinger and appearing on Counting On he advertises that he is full on Fundy and shares the Duggar "stupidity, ignorance and bigotry".

I agree he's a tiny fish in the Fundy pond trying to make a name for himself. I think that having a brief shot at soccer fame left him feeling defeated, however still wanting more and this is his next attempt. 

Jeremy may be dressed in a shiny package but he's certainly not hiding his beliefs. And I agree he is no more dangerous to the world at large than Derick is. 

Some folks will buy in because Derick is mean and nasty. Some folks will buy in because they can feel better about themselves sharing the same beliefs as a man in a nice suit, like Jeremy. But like you said Jeremy and Derick are "tiny picks of dust in the religious world" and most folks don't even know who they are.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Austin either, unless he were a certified contractor.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yup. I misunderstood you. 

I never got the impression that Jeremy has tried to distance himself from the Duggars and their beliefs. Actually I think by marrying Jinger and appearing on Counting On he advertises that he is full on Fundy and shares the Duggar "stupidity, ignorance and bigotry".

I agree he's a tiny fish in the Fundy pond trying to make a name for himself. I think that having a brief shot at soccer fame left him feeling defeated, however still wanting more and this is his next attempt. 

Jeremy may be dressed in a shiny package but he's certainly not hiding his beliefs. And I agree he is no more dangerous to the world at large than Derick is. 

Some folks will buy in because Derick is mean and nasty. Some folks will buy in because they can feel better about themselves sharing the same beliefs as a man in a nice suit, like Jeremy. But like you said Jeremy and Derick are "tiny picks of dust in the religious world" and most folks don't even know who they are.

He reminds me of some guy running for office portraying his perfect wife and child at a political fund raiser, but deep down he is a smug, ignorant ass who is willing to get elected by any mean necessary.

(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Jeremy and Derick are "tiny picks of dust in the religious world" and most folks don't even know who they are.

True. But it's still a greater number than I'm happy about! 

It annoys the hell out of me that "reality tv" can have any hand in spreading their ridiculous influence.

This business of raising dumb-asses like this up into aspirational celebrities just because they were devious enough in their pursuit of fame to marry into a well-known freak show drives me crazy. Take me back to the time when you had to scratch and claw much harder than that to get anybody to see you as a spiritual leader -- let alone becoming internationally known just by marrying some desperate-to-leave-the-TTH daughter of Jim Bob and Meechelle Duggar!

If they want influence let 'em do it the old-fashioned way. Raise the cash, create their own revival tent shows, and schlep 'em town to town preaching live every night. Work to get a few dozen a night instead of just inheriting the hundreds of thousands (!) who are following your wife's social media!

42 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Austin either, unless he were a certified contractor.

What is this "certified" you speak of?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

It annoys the hell out of me that "reality tv" can have any hand in spreading their ridiculous influence.

This business of raising dumb-asses like this up into aspirational celebrities just because they were devious enough in their pursuit of fame to marry into a well-known freak show drives me crazy. Take me back to the time when you had to scratch and claw much harder than that to get anybody to see you as a spiritual leader -- let alone becoming internationally known just by marrying some desperate-to-leave-the-TTH daughter of Jim Bob and Meechelle Duggar!

Not just desperate but ready to marry any guy who your ass of a father says she can marry after getting his permission to hand you off to the first guy who shows you the time of day outside the males in your family. It is like a thirteen playing house with her first boyfriend. And lets face it, none of the Duggar children know what love is because they never really learn it from their parents.

I hear you. Jeremy was however seen as a spiritual leader to a dozen or so parishioners prior to marrying Jinger. And if Jeremy is internationally seen as a spiritual leader it must be by like minded folks. 

There are plenty of folks in People magazine, on TV magazines and featured in mainstream news and no one knows who they are. Just a blip on the radar and gone. 

Jay Leno used to catch folks on the sidewalk and show pictures of famous folks. Like George Washington, Lincoln, current names in the news etc. You'd be surprised how few could name them.

Whether Jeremy is clawing, sliding or being cradled into his next job he is still relatively unknown.

• Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I hear you. Jeremy was however seen as a spiritual leader to a dozen or so parishioners prior to marrying Jinger.

Yeah, in a way. But I'm not convinced that people in our era ever see a person they know in real life as nearly as potent a leader as somebody they see in the movies, or on TeeVee, or, these days, even on some social media. Even if the person would do and say the exact same thing in both situations. 

I truly think that, for many observers, being visible on electronic media casts a kind of godlike glow over people that they can't ever get by real-life contact! It's like the modern-day Mt. Olympus....

And it's frigging turning me into an intense Luddite!   ;  )

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

He reminds me of some guy running for office portraying his perfect wife and child at a political fund raiser, but deep down he is a smug, ignorant ass who is willing to get elected by any mean necessary.

And I bet some do see that Jinger is a Duggar and completely uneducated, unlike many of the movers and shakers' wives. They may not say anything but they will notice. The picture is not quite as perfect as he might think.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Yeah, in a way. But I'm not convinced that people in our era ever see a person they know in real life as nearly as potent a leader as somebody they see in the movies, or on TeeVee, or, these days, even on some social media. 

I truly think being visible on electronic media casts a kind of godlike glow over people that they can't ever get by real-life contact! It's like the modern-day Mt. Olympus....

But it works both ways. Folks are picked apart like never before. Quotes are frozen in screen shots, etc. 

And it's all relative anyway. My husband can name every actor in Game of Thrones. We live in the same home. I watch the show with him yet I can't name any of the actors. Most of us don't waste bandwidth on things not of great interest to us.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, in a way. But I'm not convinced that people in our era ever see a person they know in real life as nearly as potent a leader as somebody they see in the movies, or on TeeVee, or, these days, even on some social media. Even if the person would do and say the exact same thing in both situations. 

I truly think that, for many observers, being visible on electronic media casts a kind of godlike glow over people that they can't ever get by real-life contact! It's like the modern-day Mt. Olympus....

As I said before, he is not going to be the next Joseph Prince ..... nor even ..... the next Joyce Meyer.  The era of Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell and all the lesser southern preacher shows over.  It is cheaper for networks and local stations to show endless infomercials about makeup, than pay for religious programming.  

• Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

But it works both ways. Folks are picked apart like never before. Quotes are frozen in screen shots, etc. 

And it's all relative anyway. My husband can name every actor in Game of Thrones. We live in the same home. I watch the show with him yet I can't name any of the actors. Most of us don't waste bandwidth on things not of great interest to us.

Yep, I agree that people can go down faster than ever before, just as they can quickly rise. 

I just want all Duggars and Duggar adjacents off TeeVee. In case you hadn't noticed.  ; ) 

Those hundreds of thousands of leg-humping followers really disturb me -- and I've never even watched the show!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Another point re: Jeremy and his fame whorish behavior.  Without a doubt he certainly craves being the center of attention on a celebrity scale, but, I also wonder if he has a PR person who is also pumping him up on a daily basis.  I keep up with an ex-coworker who is the type that is always flitting from one thing to another confident she's going to become a millionaire.  In her most recent en-devour, she's managed to write a fiction novel (in a matter of a month it seems).  It's soon to be released as an Amazon e-book, but in her social media world, she's already an accomplished author, posting 50 times a day ridiculous stuff.  She's working with a "PR person" who encourages this.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yep, I agree that people can go down faster than ever before, just as they can quickly rise. 

I just want all Duggars and Duggar adjacents off TeeVee. In case you hadn't noticed.  ; ) 

Those hundreds of thousands of leg-humping followers really disturb me -- and I've never even watched the show!

No Churchie, no.

If the Duggars go away then so will these boards. I'm not ready to give up you and all the other wonderful posters on these threads.

Now let's all pray.🙏

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

If they want influence let 'em do it the old-fashioned way. Raise the cash, create their own revival tent shows, and schlep 'em town to town preaching live every night. Work to get a few dozen a night instead of just inheriting the hundreds of thousands (!) who are following your wife's social media!

Jeremy never even got a few dozen (that I could tell) into his tiny Laredo church plant while he was trying to "grow" it. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

No Churchie, no.

If the Duggars go away then so will these boards. I'm not ready to give up you and all the other wonderful posters on these threads.

Now let's all pray.🙏

It's all because I broke my usual rule and looked at that Instagram thread with the leghumpers reacting to the news of Jingle's and Jer's move to terrifying heathen California. Yeesh. The horror! 

Scared the crap out of me!😱   And it takes a lot to scare the 👿  , doncha know?   

Not to worry, though. The Duggs and their adjacents aren't going anywhere!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They had a pretty good crowd for the Christmas service. 

But was he there for any  Christmas Eve or Christmas Day service?  No.  His slightly augmented  audience for his pre Christmas Day service could easily have included all the other young pastors, and their wives, children and immediate family who actually have  ministered to that  congregation while celebrity in his own mind JerJer was visting family elsewhere. And very absent, was any member of Jing's family.   So sad to not share the holiday with her family as well.

• Love 11
(edited)

Oh, I agree about him being an absentee pastor on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Totally unacceptable. It was strange that his service was something like four days early. Didn't they pack up and head off to PA for the actual holiday?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, I agree about him being an absentee pastor on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It was strange that his service was something like four days early. Didn't they pack up and head off to PA for the actual holiday?

Yup! 

He also seems a tad almost creepy possessive with his daughter and Jinj. As awful as the Duggars as a whole are, Jinj does have siblings who she needs to see and need to see her.

Anyway, hope we've helped CH step back from the ledge!  

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Yup! 

He also seems a tad almost creepy possessive with his daughter and Jinj. As awful as the Duggars as a whole are, Jinj does have siblings who she needs to see and need to see her.

Anyway, hope we've helped CH step back from the ledge!  

You have. ... When you're on that ledge it looks like a heckuva way down!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Thank you for articulating this so well!  I think you’ve captured what causes me to dislike, and even feel anger towards Jeremy, more than nearly anyone else in this family. 

• Love 7
On 3/31/2019 at 4:41 AM, Reddust said:

Me too! I was thinking “wow, I could hit those from space! I wouldn’t even need a butterfly!” 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yeah, I'm sure his godly flips are totally safe.

Here's Good Advice re:flips

Make sure the flipper used a licensed contractor.

Request an updated disclosure statement from the seller.

Request a list of work done, including receipts and warranty information (water heaters, plumbing, electrical, HVAC).

Check for all permits on the property and the upgrades.

Make sure all upgrades passed full inspection.

Make sure the property has a certificate of occupancy.

Have a professional termite and mold inspection.

Look for water damage and old wiring in the attic and basement.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

My kid and I built a "fort" out of an old afghan, two chairs, and the living room couch. It lasted about an hour before repeat use knocked it down. Something tells me we put more engineering forethought into it than any of the Duggars. 

New business plan: move to AR and build afghan forts, sell them as starter McMansions. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, questionfear said:

My kid and I built a "fort" out of an old afghan, two chairs, and the living room couch. It lasted about an hour before repeat use knocked it down. Something tells me we put more engineering forethought into it than any of the Duggars. 

New business plan: move to AR and build afghan forts, sell them as starter McMansions. 

You could get Grandma Mary to help you, doesn't she knit.  Then it could be a godly Duggar Enterprise!!!!

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, awaken said:

Thank you for articulating this so well!  I think you’ve captured what causes me to dislike, and even feel anger towards Jeremy, more than nearly anyone else in this family. 

The same thought can be made about Deredick. In his case, he crashed and burned quickly. Pay attention Jeremy and take note.

Edited by bigskygirl