Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I hope Jeremy doesn't conflate his own homeschool education with Jinger's. His mother holds a Master's. Yes, it's in music, but she has accomplishments and knowledge far beyond what was offered to the Duggar spawn. I could see Jeremy wanting to homeschool, but going the co-op route. I'm sure Jinger can teach music while they farm out their kids for....well...everything else. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jeremy took a completely different route with the questionnaire; he over answered every question. JB probably hasn't finished reading the answers.

Whoopsie. Now I remember that. Thanks for the reminder!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Jeremy and Jinger's Testimonies

http://www.jingerandjeremy.com/my-faith/

I'd love to know what Jinger was doing when she was seeking her personal "glory" as a teen.

I'd also love to know what the idiot thinks her "godly" family is doing 100 percent of the time if it isn't seeking personal "glory."

And, also, what the big "ministry" she and Jer are "preparing for" is if not pure personal "glory." Since it currently consists of long-winded, pretentious, impenetrable videoed sermons that Jer warns us against using as our sole connection to God!!! (that part drives me insane), and phot-toes of old Jer in trendy shoes looking sanctimonious -- but approximately zero craps given about the people in the congregation he's actually supposed to be looking out for. 

Parrots all, and pretentious ones at that. Just as usual.

• Love 15
(edited)
On 7/25/2017 at 8:44 PM, Westiepeach said:

And she is wearing skinny pants. That is what I am most excited about, unfortunately.

I can't believe I'm saying this about a Duggar but that's a good looking couple. Sleeveless shirt, skinny pants and Jer isn't wearing a damn school uniform faded polo shirt with khaki pants. Go Jinj. She looks great.

Enjoy Hawaii Meechelle in skirts, support hose and ugly as shit shoes.

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think these have been on the blog since Jeremy started it. Jinger's "About Me" was lifted from the old Duggar blog. It still hasn't changed.

Yup it's old. I found it interesting to read again.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Jeremy's not going to let his kids get homeschooled.  Soccer!  College!  They will find some nice Christian school and Jinge will be happy with that.

Jeremy was homeschooled until his junior year of high school.  

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Jeremy was homeschooled until his junior year of high school.  

Furthermore, he kinda sorta seems to blame going to high school for his own personal fall from God's grace. At least he very explicitly dates his era of major sinfulness to that time. .... So there's that. I expect the homeschooling thing could go either way.

• Love 5

Maybe if they homeschool they will find an actual teacher who is more qualified than they are.  There are also homeschool co-op groups that would work well for them.  This may be a case where Jinger's self doubt is a good thing, as she may be aware of her shortcomings when faced with educating her future children.  I could also see Jeremy being aware that his wife's schooling isn't even worth the pages that the Wisdom booklets were printed on, and wanting to at least call in backup.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Furthermore, he kinda sorta seems to blame going to high school for his own personal fall from God's grace. At least he very explicitly dates his era of major sinfulness to that time. .... So there's that. I expect the homeschooling thing could go either way.

What is with these people that the second they venture two feet from their 'umbrellas of protection', so many of them have zero ability to control themselves and go hog wild? Or is Jeremy like Sierra, and probably had one wine cooler and a makeout session, and declared himself a Big Ole Heathen?

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

What is with these people that the second they venture two feet from their 'umbrellas of protection', so many of them have zero ability to control themselves and go hog wild? Or is Jeremy like Sierra, and probably had one wine cooler and a makeout session, and declared himself a Big Ole Heathen?

Heaven forbid he ever actually had SEX with anyone.  

Can one actually claim to be a "born-again virgin?"

Endless guilt trips seem to be the rule for this crowd.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Can one actually claim to be a "born-again virgin?"

Yes.  I knew several in church youth groups growing up.  Of course I was really bothered about this, as an actual virgin.  How dare they sin and then hone in on my true righteousness?!

• Love 22

I really don't get Jeremy and David Waller realizing sin and questioning faith at such young ages of 5 & 3. I don't recall my earliest memory of being punished but I know that when I was punished I was sorry for doing wrong or making a mistake and I was sorry that I disappointed my mom or dad. But then I moved on. I was never made to feel that I was a bad person for screwing up or that I should reevaluate who I was as a person.

To qualify this my mom was raised a Southern Baptist until her teen years when she moved to New England. My parents were Protestant (the Catholic lite kind) and faded away from attending church by the time their youngest of four (me) was a preschooler.

So religion was not a large part of my upbringing but has always been an interest of mine. I find the more I learn of different religions and belief systems the more confused and curious I become.

• Love 4

I remember the first time I was punished. I was five and had swiped a Milk Bone out of the bin at the grocery store to give to my neighbor's Basset Hound. I couldn't watch tv for two days. I don't recall thinking of myself as an irredeemable sinner though. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Yes.  I knew several in church youth groups growing up.  Of course I was really bothered about this, as an actual virgin.  How dare they sin and then hone in on my true righteousness?!

IMG_0632.PNG

• Love 19
(edited)
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I remember the first time I was punished. I was five and had swiped a Milk Bone out of the bin at the grocery store to give to my neighbor's Basset Hound. I couldn't watch tv for two days. I don't recall thinking of myself as an irredeemable sinner though. 

Yup, similar...I took three or four penny candies out of the bin at the local store (this was still back in rural England, so take two or three decades off whatever rural USA would have been circa 1965). Though I was not altruistic enough to steal them for anyone but myself! LOL

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
because parentheses really do work better when they are eventually closed
  • Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I have relatives that I call "non-fundie fundies". In other words, they are not fundie, but have a lot of the same narrow-minded, judgmental views and are very religious but do not act very Christian, imo. They also isolate and control their only child to an extreme degree. (There are several other similarities.) My mother once made a comment about the child (I wish I could remember her exact words) that went something like, " When a trapped dog finally gets free from its cage, of course it's going to go crazy". 

I think those are actually the lucky ones though. Some are probably never released, and some are so terrified that they cower in the corner of the cage afraid to leave even when the door is finally opened. Maybe some never even realize they are caged at all.

Edited by EVS
  • Love 16

Allegory of the Cave. That always comes to me when I post about the Duggars. Jinger might be looking like she's making progress, but that's just superficial. She's just getting glimpses of what it's like outside of the cave. Jessa may do conferences, but her message is controlled, and she's signing books that were written before any of them had any HINT of a relationship. 

• Love 10
(edited)

Allegory of the Cave.

Yes. has she really gone out alone, without a camera crew? Has she read a book on her own? Is she forming a new identity? Maybe, yes, in small steps - but a leopard doesn't instantly change it's spots. There's a lot of deep programming to deal with.

but her message is controlled

Her message is pure cardboard. The fakeness of it all is so annoying.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Allegory of the Cave. That always comes to me when I post about the Duggars. Jinger might be looking like she's making progress, but that's just superficial. She's just getting glimpses of what it's like outside of the cave. Jessa may do conferences, but her message is controlled, and she's signing books that were written before any of them had any HINT of a relationship. 

I remember studying the Allegory of the Cave in my Intro to Philosophy class! Good times. Your comparison makes so much sense because fundie groups will brand anyone who gains greater exposure to the world and therefore changes their lifestyle as fallen sinners. In the world of fundie logic, those with broad education and/or life experience outside their bubble are the problematic ones, not the other way around. Ignorance is strength, people. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Good to see Jeremy has not been completely sucked in by the Duggar vortex yet. Derick and Ben might as well change their last names to Duggar. The majority of their interactions are with the Duggar circus. I'm happy the Vuolos are not neglecting his family.  

Edited by SMama
Spelling
  • Love 5
(edited)

I think Derick sees quite a bit of his mother and family. I don't where Dan and his wife are, but they may not live close. Both guys live closer to the in-laws so they see more of them. Plus their wives always want to see the family.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Jeremy has posted some photos on Instagram, apparently of Philadelphia:  https://www.instagram.com/jeremy_vuolo/  It seems the Baaabes may be visiting Jer's parents, or maybe these aren't new photos. In any case, the photos are artistic, not just snapshots. So is Jer a photographer and showing up Jing in one of her "skills"?

Whoever took and edited them, they are darned good. And, cute puppies no less. Hat tipped.

1 hour ago, SMama said:

Good to see Jeremy has not been completely sucked in by the Duggar vortex yet. Derick and Ben might as well changed their last names to Duggar. The majority of their interactions are with the Duggar circus. I'm happy the Vuolos are not neglecting his family.  

42 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I think Derick sees quite a bit of his mother and family. I don't where Dan and his wife are, but they may not live close. Both guys live closer to the in-laws so they see more of them. Plus their wives always want to see the family.

They certainly are "closer to the in-laws" Actually, both those guys live in houses provided by, and probably owned by, their in-laws. While Jeremy and Jinger have their names on the deed to their house, and the chain of title didn't include any Duggars. 

While I certainly hope that Derick remains in close touch with his own family, he could take lessons from Jer on how to do social media. For instance, nix the tedious Bible quotes and show yourself and spouse as 20somethings having, like, fun. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 15

My favorite was the bird photo.

Whatever I think of JinJer, it takes some kind of guts to ditch both childhood families and move away to have space as a couple.

Postponing blessings, if that's what they're doing, is a big plus IMO.  And, getting a house without a co-signer.

Mr. Xword and I lived within the same state as our parents, and postponed having our baby until WE were settled and ready.  The distance was enough that we still saw one another on major holidays, but our extended families could not just drop over whenever.  

I see JinJer's distance (esp. from Duggarville) as a big plus.  They might be still drinking the fundy Kool-Aid, but at least it's diluted.  Just my take.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

While I certainly hope that Derick remains in close touch with his own family, he could take lessons from Jer on how to do social media. For instance, nix the tedious Bible quotes and show yourself and spouse as 20somethings having, like, fun. 

Exactly.  Jeremy's Instagram account looks like the typical young married guy who adores his wife & has varied & normal interests.  That four-shot of Jinger is lovely.  

The Dullards nauseating biblical themed Instagram is just boring and reeks of sanctimonious obsessiveness.  With the occasional selfie of them looking dirty and homeless.  

• Love 18

I see everything Jeremy does as extremely calculated. He is all about image, I actually prefer to see normal candid shots but everything from Jeremy is so posed and thought out, it really shows his controlling nature

I do appreciate that the photos were lovely, but they feel fake 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Totally said:

I see everything Jeremy does as extremely calculated. He is all about image, I actually prefer to see normal candid shots but everything from Jeremy is so posed and thought out, it really shows his controlling nature

I do appreciate that the photos were lovely, but they feel fake 

There are all between a rock and a hard place aren't they? They have a show and an image, yet they are "just a normal family", so they sort can't win on this one. 

I think of the whole crew Jeremy and Jessa are the most calculating of what pictures they post. Jill, not so much.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

There are all between a rock and a hard place aren't they? They have a show and an image, yet they are "just a normal family", so they sort can't win on this one. 

I think of the whole crew Jeremy and Jessa are the most calculating of what pictures they post. Jill, not so much.

Jill's may not be calculated, but also show not a shred of self-awareness or understanding of how some of the details may be interpreted. There's got to be a happy medium.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Jill's may not be calculated, but also show not a shred of self-awareness or understanding of how some of the details may be interpreted. There's got to be a happy medium.

I much prefer "dim" to "calculating"! "Dim" is just what you are. You can't really help it. It's kind of pitiful, if disgusting at the same time.

While "calculating" is, to me, being smart enough and greedy enough to figure out how to manipulate people for your own gain, and doing it deliberately. Jessa behaves in that decidedly un-Christian way because she's desperate to keep her gravy train going, I think. And while smart enough to be calculating, she isn't smart enough -- or is too lazy -- to figure out a better way to cope.

But "calculating reality-tv person giving the audience what you think they want" is particularly unbecoming in a "pastor," to me.

Most of this crew I find pretty pitiful, Jessa generally included, because she really kind of does lack to tools to find another way to get what she thinks she needs. But Jeremy, who's smart enough and with a normal enough upbringing to know better? I can't find any excuse for him. He's just a greedy, arrogant, calculating user, looking out for number one. And I'm quite sure that's the kind of "ministry" he'll put together, too, if he ever manages to have one.

I don't know that there's anything I hate more than "ministers" of that type. (I think I even hate them more than I hate politicians of that type.) If you're calculating but kind of admit to yourself that you're a dishonest shit, that's one thing. But to be calculating and pretend you're the godliest of the godly at the same time? To me, that's completely unforgivable. And uniquely dangerous to others, if you turn out to be any good at it. ..... Hopefully, he'll continue to be bad enough at it to fail! I think that's fairly certain, actually. He's smart enough to calculate a bit. But not all that smart, I expect.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
15 hours ago, leighdear said:

Exactly.  Jeremy's Instagram account looks like the typical young married guy who adores his wife & has varied & normal interests.  That four-shot of Jinger is lovely.  

The Dullards nauseating biblical themed Instagram is just boring and reeks of sanctimonious obsessiveness.  With the occasional selfie of them looking dirty and homeless.  

But the problem is, they ARE these people.  I have no doubt there are sanctimoniously obsessed Christians, as I grew up around them, and people have quoted me chapter and verse about what the Duggars say in order for me to know, they are no different.  The Dullards in particular, are the Biblical nerds who would send you into a boring eye-rolling frenzy preaching sanctimoniously about how perfect they are, because surely there's none better in the world than not being able to talk about anything other than God.  Why, it's even in the Bible!  "Thy praise shall continually be in my mouth.", means, "mustn't talk about anything but Jesus!"

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I much prefer "dim" to "calculating"! "Dim" is just what you are. You can't really help it. It's kind of pitiful, if disgusting at the same time.

While "calculating" is, to me, being smart enough and greedy enough to figure out how to manipulate people for your own gain, and doing it deliberately. Jessa behaves in that decidedly un-Christian way because she's desperate to keep her gravy train going, I think. And while smart enough to be calculating, she isn't smart enough -- or is too lazy -- to figure out a better way to cope.

But "calculating reality-tv person giving the audience what you think they want" is particularly unbecoming in a "pastor," to me.

Most of this crew I find pretty pitiful, Jessa generally included, because she really kind of does lack to tools to find another way to get what she thinks she needs. But Jeremy, who's smart enough and with a normal enough upbringing to know better? I can't find any excuse for him. He's just a greedy, arrogant, calculating user, looking out for number one. And I'm quite sure that's the kind of "ministry" he'll put together, too, if he ever manages to have one.

I don't know that there's anything I hate more than "ministers" of that type. (I think I even hate them more than I hate politicians of that type.) If you're calculating but kind of admit to yourself that you're a dishonest shit, that's one thing. But to be calculating and pretend you're the godliest of the godly at the same time? To me, that's completely unforgivable. And uniquely dangerous to others, if you turn out to be any good at it. ..... Hopefully, he'll continue to be bad enough at it to fail! I think that's fairly certain, actually. He's smart enough to calculate a bit. But not all that smart, I expect.

This x 1000

• Love 3

Jeremy does appear to love himself above all else, very true.

He was good-looking enough and sporty enough that he has that narcissistic tendency, as I see it.

It must make Jer happy to one-up Boob, and it could very well be a pissing contest between those two.

"Boob, I get to control one of your daughters from here on in, and there's NOTHING you can do about it, hahaha!"

I still see it as better for Jin than staying at the Boob-controlled empire.  How much better, I can only guess.

These folks are so sanctimonious (all of them) that they provide endless snark.  Calculating and ability to gauge one's followers, is what they ALL count on.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Lunera said:

"My love and my mother"

Wonder if there is a reason they visited Ma and Pa Vuolo.

I thought that dinner a couple of weeks ago said it all. She's knocked up. Jeremy is just SLY about how they are going to announce it. I guess the plan also depends on when she starts showing. 

#conspiracytheory :)

eta: b/w photos show less hair damage. Jer apparently likes Jinger's very curly hair straight. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I thought that dinner a couple of weeks ago said it all. She's knocked up. Jeremy is just SLY about how they are going to announce it. I guess the plan also depends on when she starts showing. 

eta: b/w photos show less hair damage. Jer apparently likes Jinger's very curly hair straight. 

My theory? He takes his photos with a Game Boy camera. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Get rid of the Necklace and the gaudy chain and the  outfit will be perfect.

I think the chain is from a cross-body pocketbook, but, yeah, she could have put it down for the photo. I don't know about the necklace...it certainly does look much too busy for the rest of the outfit, but as someone with a big streak of magpie who likes all things sparkly, I've probably been guilty of the same sort of excess from time to time. I do try to curb it, but can't actually blame or fault her...she's finding her own sense of style, and not doing too badly considering her background

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

@Sew Sumi

You know, I looked at the picture and thought "she has gained some weight". Never thinking of a pregnancy (I know, how stupid).  Then I noticed her chest area looked a little larger.

Then I saw your post!  I think you are right.  Something is a bit different about her appearance and I think you got it right! 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Lunera said:

"My love and my mother"

Wonder if there is a reason they visited Ma and Pa Vuolo.

Well, there wasn't anything else to do around the one-pastor church that Jer's in charge of planting, so why not take another vacation?

For somebody who's esteemed as being so anti-JB-and-anti-Duggar, Jeremy certainly has the Duggar work ethic and dedication down pat.

(If you actually did have a good reason to go, on the other hand, Jer, then okay.)

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think the chain is from a cross-body pocketbook, but, yeah, she could have put it down for the photo. I don't know about the necklace...it certainly does look much too busy for the rest of the outfit, but as someone with a big streak of magpie who likes all things sparkly, I've probably been guilty of the same sort of excess from time to time. I do try to curb it, but can't actually blame or fault her...she's finding her own sense of style, and not doing too badly considering her background

I love your magpie analogy.  I'm that way, too!

As someone who grew up on B&W TV, I also like B&W photos.  I dream in color, but my mom dreamed in B&W.  My daughter dreams in B&W too.

Jin should just give up flat-ironing her hair, and be natural.  I've made peace with being a curly-top.  

• Love 2