Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Ditto for Mahoney and Gabby&Cade. 

Wonder what the guy's deal is? Is it his special assignment from JM to make sure Jer&Jingle and Cade&Gabby attach themselves to JM's institutions for...whatever reason? So when he follows them around like a puppy he's just doing his job? 

Or does Mahoney also have some kind of addiction to reality-tv-people? He shows up with them on instagram and with that goofy smile on his face so often it's embarrassing.

'

The long haired guy looks like a douchebag.  

• LOL 13
44 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

The long haired guy looks like a douchebag.  

Seems to be the consensus here. Yeah. 

However, Mahoney and MacArthur and Jer (and, of course, Gabby) have all seemed quite intent on making him a big part of their lives going forward for some reason. Go figure. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

She’s actually starting to make me feel angry now. So pathetic.

73EDEFC3-F215-4B59-9CCA-8FD9D4C5B7E0.jpeg

Such is the life of a determined influencer, I guess.

Pathetic and, apparently, wealthy. The Warhol (yeah, you and Jer and Andy. Perfect threesome. Right, Jinge) rings the register at $6.50. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Pathetic and, apparently, wealthy. The Warhol (yeah, you and Jer and Andy. Perfect threesome. Right, Jinge) rings the register at $6.50. 

Someone needs to suggest she watch a few movies from The Warhol Factory!  Such a silly young woman.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Seeing/hearing the (non)word “legit” makes me stabby when anyone says it(yes, get off my lawn), but somehow even more so coming from a Duggar!

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Seeing/hearing the (non)word “legit” makes me stabby when anyone says it(yes, get off my lawn), but somehow even more so coming from a Duggar!

Is a drink that's a "game changer" better or worse than one that's "legit"?

Something tells me there's a glossary of coffee bar influencer words out there that they're pulling from. 

• LOL 13

OK, Cade's hair doesn't look real; it looks like the wigs my sisters and I used to play with as kids.  And the square hairline and overemphasized (filtered?) facial planes makes him look like a hippy son of Frankenstein.

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Fosca said:

OK, Cade's hair doesn't look real; it looks like the wigs my sisters and I used to play with as kids.  And the square hairline and overemphasized (filtered?) facial planes makes him look like a hippy son of Frankenstein.

THAT is the perfect description!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I'm so glad that Jinger is living a life that makes her happy. I think that if she wants to spend her well-earned money (being a Duggar kid qualifies) on fancy drinks, then more power to her.

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Is a drink that's a "game changer" better or worse than one that's "legit"?

Something tells me there's a glossary of coffee bar influencer words out there that they're pulling from. 

She also called something a “win” the other day and described Prop’s outfit as having “hipster vibes.” SMDH.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Tasya said:

I'm so glad that Jinger is living a life that makes her happy. I think that if she wants to spend her well-earned money (being a Duggar kid qualifies) on fancy drinks, then more power to her.

Since Jinger's posts are veritable ads for the various fancy drink places, I think it is safe to say that she isn't spending a dime of her TV money on fancy coffee or tea.  In fact, she probably gets paid to post for these places.  To paraphrase Dire Straits, 'Money for nothin' and her drinks for free'.

I find it sorta pathetic that Jing, after less than 3 years of marriage, now has the words 'legit' and 'game changer' and 'hipster' in her vocabulary.  She really is just a sheep following her headship.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 19
48 minutes ago, Tasya said:

If they actually have the money and if she's actually writing about spending money that she actually has to actually pay for things she actually wants, then I generally agree.

However, I don't see how somebody who already has a kid, won't be working herself, gets most of her money from a tv show that may or may not survive more seasons, and has a husband who still has two or three more years of seminary before he can get a full-time job actually has enough money to be trotting around LA buying the very priciest caffeinated drinks available. 

Unless, as I've argued before, Jer has family money that's helping them out. 

If Jer doesn't have family money -- as most people here think he doesn't - then I think they're either playing with financial fire by spending too much money on frivolous stuff when they have some years of dicey economics ahead -- and they have a child...

Or....they're doing something a lot of influencers do and that I think is unethical -- i.e,she's getting stuff for free because she's advertising it and then using her "influence" to tell other people to buy it even though it's hella expensive, Frankly, a whole lot of the people who are most likely to feel "influenced" by Jinger probably don't have budgets that allow them to spend so much money for frivolities.

So...one of the possibilities I'm kind of okay with-- that they are just fine financially and know they'll be just fine for the years it takes him to finish school....and they're buying their own pricey drinks and pocket squares. (although I still think it's a better choice for pastors' families to refrain from trying to "influence' people to buy what they may not be able to afford.)

Two of the possibilities I' think are seriously problematic  -- that they're buying a lot of expensive frivolous stuff even though they have a child and they're not very financially stable at present because he's a student. ... Or that they're getting their expensive stuff free and then trying to "influence" people who admire them to actually buy it -- when it is quite expensive. 

I think the first of those possibilities is bad financial planning when you have a kid. And I think the second is flat-out unethical -- not in any gray area -- for people who recently have been and are soon to be again a pastor and his wife. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Frankly, a whole lot of the people who are most likely to feel "influenced" by Jinger probably don't have budgets that allow them to spend so much money for frivolities.

Yes, and how many of them are living/visiting in that hotbed of sin and corruption, Los Angeles? I would imagine that almost all of Jinger's followers are living in the South or Midwest, seldom travel to LA and have no access to the coffee shops and restaurants Jinger is shilling for. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Yes, and how many of them are living/visiting in that hotbed of sin and corruption, Los Angeles? I would imagine that almost all of Jinger's followers are living in the South or Midwest, seldom travel to LA and have no access to the coffee shops and restaurants Jinger is shilling for. 

Yep. Hence the online course for business owners I got a pitch for today -- "How not to lose money on influencer marketing" ! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Since Jinger's posts are veritable ads for the various fancy drink places, I think it is safe to say that she isn't spending a dime of her TV money on fancy coffee or tea.  In fact, she probably gets paid to post for these places.  To paraphrase Dire Straits, 'Money for nothin' and her drinks for free'.

I find it sorta pathetic that Jing, after less than 3 years of marriage, now has the words 'legit' and 'game changer' and 'hipster' in her vocabulary.  She really is just a sheep following her headship.

I also find it quite sad and pathetic.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

I also find it quite sad and pathetic.

I think she learned very well from her family how to go along to get along. She's a gosling imprinting on whoever the leader is. It'd be nice if she could find out more about who she actually is and not just adopt somebody else's ways. But that's a big ask for many if not most of the Duggarlings, I expect. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Tasya said:

Especially a fancy drink called the Warhol. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Getting a $6.50 drink for posting a picture online is about minimum wage, if it takes about a half hour from start to finish. And getting free products doesn't pay the bills.

I still think they're living off TLC money and like many young adults, they're not saving for their futures.

While I think a preacher being a SM influencer is a contradiction in beliefs, many preachers and congregants don't seem to think preachers living extravagant lifestyles is wrong. 

At least J & J are selling a tangible product and not some abstract promise. And that's if they're actually selling anything at all. I think right now they're advertising themselves and are hoping to be picked up by enough folks who will actually pay them.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

At least J & J are selling a tangible product and not some abstract promise. And that's if they're actually selling anything at all. I think right now they're advertising themselves and are hoping to be picked up by enough folks who will actually pay them.

Yeah, I think this is right on. 

I doubt they're going to make this happen to a significant degree, though, for a few reasons.

For one thing, they're not specializing much. So when your feed is kind of all over the place in topics, you diffuse your influence too much and it doesn't have much impact -- they kind of randomly go after foodie stuff, men's fashion, and conservative-theology items, with maybe a side of baby stuff thrown in. People tend to want a feed that has a single strong personality and topic set -- to avoid having to scroll past a bunch of posts in which they have no interest.

And there's also the issue of this essentially being a Duggar-driven operation -- and a fair number of brands in the more lucrative spaces will find the Duggar brand somewhat toxic or can be convinced to do so (it's already happened). And since any Duggar feed has a ton of anti-Duggar people on it, there are already people geared up to complain. And there's no such thing as a niche publisher that has particularly deep pockets in the non-reading 21st century, so they can't depend on that. 

They can still make some money off it, obviously, because they do have the followers. But if they have any ambitions to go really big, then that's unlikely, seems to me.  They seem to be relying entirely on ad-type posts featuring product photos and sales-y text. The influencers who really do well add something akin to content marketing to that mix. They provide interest, entertainment, information and value on their chosen topic that goes way beyond just ads like these.

When you look at really big influncers' feeds, you're not just getting ad, family-photo-unrelated-to-topic, family photo, family photo, ad, ad, ad, ad, family photo the way the Vuolos are doing. Instead, you get something more like an online magazine where that stuff is interspersed with informative stuff about the topic area, photos like fashion shots or whatever that position you as a person kind of living life within that topic, and so on. Now, the Vs certainly could do that .... Jinger, at least, has the time....but will they put in all that effort? Seems unlikely to me. 

Their sheer numbers can get them some money from somewhere, no doubt, especially if they specialize a little more when it comes to topics. But if they do have any dreams of being really big-time influencers, I think it's likely to turn out more like all those businesses we're always thinking of that various Duggarlings could start and do well with....but they never do. Because aside from Jim Bob, Duggars don't seem to have career or entrepreneurship mindsets.....And going big would have to depend mainly on Jingle at the moment, since Jer has a divinity degree to finish. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
36 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, I think this is right on. 

I doubt they're going to make this happen to a significant degree, though, for a few reasons.

For one thing, they're not specializing much. So when your feed is kind of all over the place in topics, you diffuse your influence too much and it doesn't have much impact -- they kind of randomly go after foodie stuff, men's fashion, and conservative-theology items, with maybe a side of baby stuff thrown in. People tend to want a feed that has a single strong personality and topic set -- to avoid having to scroll past a bunch of posts in which they have no interest.

And there's also the issue of this essentially being a Duggar-driven operation -- and a fair number of brands in the more lucrative spaces will find the Duggar brand somewhat toxic or can be convinced to do so (it's already happened). And since any Duggar feed has a ton of anti-Duggar people on it, there are already people geared up to complain. And there's no such thing as a niche publisher that has particularly deep pockets in the non-reading 21st century, so they can't depend on that. 

They can still make some money off it, obviously, because they do have the followers. But if they have any ambitions to go really big, then that's unlikely, seems to me.  They seem to be relying entirely on ad-type posts featuring product photos and sales-y text. The influencers who really do well add something akin to content marketing to that mix. They provide interest, entertainment, information and value on their chosen topic that goes way beyond just ads like these.

When you look at really big influncers' feeds, you're not just getting ad, family-photo-unrelated-to-topic, family photo, family photo, ad, ad, ad, ad, family photo the way the Vuolos are doing. Instead, you get something more like an online magazine where that stuff is interspersed with informative stuff about the topic area, photos like fashion shots or whatever that position you as a person kind of living life within that topic, and so on. Now, the Vs certainly could do that .... Jinger, at least, has the time....but will they put in all that effort? Seems unlikely to me. 

Their sheer numbers can get them some money from somewhere, no doubt, especially if they specialize a little more when it comes to topics. But if they do have any dreams of being really big-time influencers, I think it's likely to turn out more like all those businesses we're always thinking of that various Duggarlings could start and do well with....but they never do. Because aside from Jim Bob, Duggars don't seem to have career or entrepreneurship mindsets.....And going big would have to depend mainly on Jingle at the moment, since Jer has a divinity degree to finish. 

Jing's lack of education and huge gaps in cultural literacy,  as seen with her choice of Warhol as her coffee du jour, make her unlikely to succeed as an influencer without Jer controlling everything.  She should stick to picking out bows and using dated catch phrases.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

I agree @Churchhoney, the Duggar/Vuolo online footprint is enough to make many businesses think twice about taking them on. They would need to stick with boujee Christian products to get any regular gigs. 

I guess there's always Chick-fil-A and Hobby Lobby, however I'm thinking Jer wouldn't go there.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree @Churchhoney, the Duggar/Vuolo online footprint is enough to make many businesses think twice about taking them on. They would need to stick with boujee Christian products to get any regular gigs. 

I guess there's always Chick-fil-A and Hobby Lobby, however I'm thinking Jer wouldn't go there.

Yeah, that's the thing. When it comes to this, and business and careers just in general, really,  Jer seems to want to go in two mutually exclusive directions at once...... And in just about any niche you can think about, he'd likely write off some of the most financially promising things. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

Except Jinger and particularly Jeremy have always tried to both be/use the Duggar brand and not be the Duggar brand at the same time. 

I wonder if Jeremy considers himself and his family disparate enough to be more marketable than the in-laws and therefore worthy of more endorsements. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Except Jinger and particularly Jeremy have always tried to both be/use the Duggar brand and not be the Duggar brand at the same time. 

I wonder if Jeremy considers himself and his family disparate enough to be more marketable than the in-laws and therefore worthy of more endorsements. 

Exactly -- two mutually exclusive different directions at once.... 

I'm sure he thinks he's way different -- past, present and future -- from the Duggars. And as the MacArthur crowd sucks up to him and Mahoney fills his instagrams with pictures of him and he sees his hundreds of thousands of followers (who are mostly following him because Jinger Duggar!!!), I'm sure he's at least beginning to think that that's all on his own merits and that it means he'll win endorsements.

When you're getting a lot of positive feedback, it's hard to squash the impulse to believe it's in response to your own merits and that the future is rosy, isn't it? Especially if you really really want it to be that way.

I'm sure his confidence is growing daily that he can carve out some real position of prominence for himself, based on how things are going right now. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Exactly -- two mutually exclusive different directions at once.... 

I'm sure he thinks he's way different -- past, present and future -- from the Duggars. And as the MacArthur crowd sucks up to him and Mahoney fills his instagrams with pictures of him and he sees his hundreds of thousands of followers (who are mostly following him because Jinger Duggar!!!), I'm sure he's at least beginning to think that that's all on his own merits and that it means he'll win endorsements.

When you're getting a lot of positive feedback, it's hard to squash the impulse to believe it's in response to your own merits and that the future is rosy, isn't it? Especially if you really really want it to be that way.

I'm sure his confidence is growing daily that he can carve out some real position of prominence for himself, based on how things are going right now. 

Whatever facade he may think he has created will be instantly shattered when the new season starts.  His wife is a Duggar and the only reason TLC followed them to LA.  And his little one is simply part of a herd of other little ones which will be a big part of the focus of the new season.  Counting On and all that nonsense.

He would be wise to stop filming and put his efforts into smoozing, attending class and grifting large hamburgers and create a new brand for his family.

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Love 11
On 8/26/2019 at 2:17 PM, DangerousMinds said:

She’s actually starting to make me feel angry now. So pathetic.

73EDEFC3-F215-4B59-9CCA-8FD9D4C5B7E0.jpeg

Legit is her favorite new word.  She uses it to describe everything that she likes, or should like.  Find a new word, Jinger, because you’ve worn that one out.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Legit is her favorite new word.  She uses it to describe everything that she likes, or should like.  Find a new word, Jinger, because you’ve worn that one out.

At least she moved on from babe and awesome.

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

So what exactly would be the opposite of legit? Illegit?

Too legit, too legit to quit!!!!

(sorry I could not help myself!)

39 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Lol. At least the coffee art was cute. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 4

"Stop trying to make fetch happen."

I really wonder how inadequate Jin feels in that new environment.  Perhaps that is why she uses Felicity as a prop.  Stud muffin Jer thinks he's more than adequate for all three of them.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

"Stop trying to make fetch happen."

I really wonder how inadequate Jin feels in that new environment.  Perhaps that is why she uses Felicity as a prop.  Stud muffin Jer thinks he's more than adequate for all three of them.  

Well done!  I was not familiar with the source of that quote.  

Despite the insistence of her fans who use her to project something that may not exist, I have wondered about how comfortable she is on the food crawls, smooze sessions, etc.  No doubt her primary job is to wrangle her little one while Jer lives the life.   Additionally, she is also used as a prop by Jer, which is why until her glamour shot as a blond, she didn't bother me.

I imagine Jing isn't all that carefree.  I was struck by the contrast between the carefully curated images created by Jer, including a professional shoot and the delightful, spontaneous photo Joy recently posted. Who has the better life right now?

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
8 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

I imagine Jing isn't all that carefree.  I was struck by the contrast between the carefully curated images created by Jer, including a professional shoot and the delightful, spontaneous photo Joy recently posted. Who has the better life right now?

I think Joy. she seems comfortable with who she is and with her life,

the whole "free Jinger" and thinking she is "free" by living in LA and with jer is ridiculous.

Jill has taken her kids to MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) to the library, the boys know paw patrol.

Jill, with all her errors, is actually ahead of the rest in some areas

do you think felicity, gideon, garrett, the m kids, etc will ever visit a library?

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Too legit, too legit to quit!!!!

(sorry I could not help myself!)

I'm thinking the Vuolos will go the MC Hammer financial route someday, so you're not too far off. Hopefully Jingle discovers 'hella' and 'its the bomb' before that happens.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I'm thinking the Vuolos will go the MC Hammer financial route someday, so you're not too far off. 

Sadly, it won't be quite as spectacular, though. They're more likely to be blowing through six figures than eight. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I'm thinking the Vuolos will go the MC Hammer financial route someday, so you're not too far off. Hopefully Jingle discovers 'hella' and 'its the bomb' before that happens.

Are people still using “hella?” I moved to California in 1995 and discovered it then.

• Love 2

I looked up Matt Coeler, the guy they keep tagging, and it turns out he attended Masters and his family is loaded. His dad owns a bunch of property around LA (PAC Properties) and Matt manages all those properties. I bet they own the house the Vuolos are renting.

1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

Are people still using “hella?” I moved to California in 1995 and discovered it then.

Yup, "hella" is used all over the bay area. 

• Useful 12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Lunera said:

I looked up Matt Coeler, the guy they keep tagging, and it turns out he attended Masters and his family is loaded. His dad owns a bunch of property around LA (PAC Properties) and Matt manages all those properties. I bet they own the house the Vuolos are renting.

Are we sure that they are renting or are they grifting while RFP is in school? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4