Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Remember how there was some skepticism as to whether Jeremy would really brag about how he had led his church with wisdom beyond his years?

He said that. Just look at him.

Where does JimBob find these psychos? Derrick with his hate issues and now this narcissistic fop. Ironically, DoLittle Bin is looking pretty good these days, by comparison.

ETA: Jinger is going to have a tough time keeping that dog on the porch, no offense to dogs. Guys like him need constant ego reinforcement and if he attracts any kind of female following in LA, he’ll go for it. Especially since it will be their fault. And Jinger’s.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 21
6 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Remember how there was some skepticism as to whether Jeremy would really brag about how he had led his church with wisdom beyond his years?

Where does JimBob find these psychos? Derrick with his hate issues and now this narcissistic fop. Ironically, DoLittle Bin is looking pretty good these days, by comparison.

Well, I guess the Duggars sit there on TeeVee with a big flashing sign that says, "This is who we are!"

So the Duggars don't have to find them. They find the Duggars. 

The like-minded see the flashing sign and come running. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Actually, JB didn't find Jeremy. Ben and Jessa introduced him to Jinger. And in a group setting, of course (*eyerolls*), Jinger and Jeremy had gotten to know each other before Jeremy applied to JB for "permission to court." That kind of amused us, because JB wasn't in the kind of control of the deal that he had been with Anna, Derick, and Ben. 

As to JereME's lack of interest in his Laredo church, the comments above including by @Zella and @Churchhoney are so spot on. Now that you've mentioned it, it's cringeworthy that he's devoted innumerable time to SM posts about himSELF and his coolness and his lovely baby and stylish wife, and the important people he's hung out with. But pretty much NOTHING on his SM about his church (until his recently "bye bye" stuff). 

If he didn't want to mix his personal IG account with the church, he could still have started a church IG account and devoted some of his stylish photography and commentary to the church and its members. But AFAIK, he didn't. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Actually, JB didn't find Jeremy. Ben and Jessa introduced him to Jinger. And in a group setting, of course (*eyerolls*), Jinger and Jeremy had gotten to know each other before Jeremy applied to JB for "permission to court." That kind of amused us, because JB wasn't in the kind of control of the deal that he had been with Anna, Derick, and Ben. 

As to JereME's lack of interest in his Laredo church, the comments above including by @Zella and @Churchhoney are so spot on. Now that you've mentioned it, it's cringeworthy that he's devoted innumerable time to SM posts about himSELF and his coolness and his lovely baby and stylish wife, and the important people he's hung out with. But pretty much NOTHING on his SM about his church (until his recently "bye bye" stuff). 

If he didn't want to mix his personal IG account with the church, he could still have started a church IG account and devoted some of his stylish photography and commentary to the church and its members. But AFAIK, he didn't. 

Thanks, Jeeves! I get keeping personal and private social media separate, so I would have been okay if Jeremy wanted to do that. But he never was shy about posting when he went to professional conferences or when he was "studying," so you're right that he can't even use that as an excuse!

I'd really love to know what his congregation thinks of him. Something tells me they're not going to miss this guy who was barely around and seemed more tapped into himself than anything else.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

ETA: Jinger is going to have a tough time keeping that dog on the porch, no offense to dogs. Guys like him need constant ego reinforcement and if he attracts any kind of female following in LA, he’ll go for it. Especially since it will be their fault. And Jinger’s.

And if a better gig came along which didn’t involve the ministry, Jeremy would drop his faux fervor for God like a hot potato, state that God is now leading them in a new direction and follow the money and fame. 

• Love 18
17 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I'd bet real money Jer doesn't know anything substantive about Rembrandt either. Nor does he care about Rembrandt. Or art.

His approach to his religion makes it quite clear that he has close to no intellect and absolutely no soul, if you ask me. And the way he dresses often suggests that he doesn't even know much about his real obsession -- looking good and fashionable. Those calf-colored loafers and the pale-blue socks, anyone? 

I expect all he knows in this case is that famous old European paintings suggest sophistication, class and money to many people. And he wants that image.

And he's stupid and shallow enough to think he can get it by shilling some pricey joke handkerchief. 

Of course I guess it's only appropriate for the Duggars' only source of class to be a striving ass who's fundamentally just as stupid and ignorant as they are. 

He knew enough about Rembrandt to have a copy of The Night Watch

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Where does JimBob find these psychos?

As others have stated before me, JB doesn't have to go out to find those guys, they find him.

It's well known that Joshs' marriage was pushed hard for by his parents, and the reason for that became obvious when it was revealed that he was a horny teen that couldn't keep his hands to himself, even when his hands were wandering over his own sisters and the daughter of a family friend.  Even after being 'disiplined' once, he kept groping his sisters, culimating with the molestation of his five year old sister.  Getting him married off quick so he'd have a "godly" output for his "desires" was their answer.  As far as we know, Josh did stop molesting his sisters, but he then brought the family down by taking part in the Ashley Madison scandal.  That caused Josh to be dropped from 19 Kids and Counting, and when that didn't satisfy the public, the whole show was sort of cancelled, only to be revamped with a spinoff that Josh, JB, and Michelle were supposed to never appear on.

I don't know exactly what Derick was looking for when he approached JB, but he was happy to marry JB's daughter and promptly fell off the rails to screw it all up.  He couldn't hold a job, he took Jill off to Danger America where she had a nervous breakdown, and when he returned he couldn't stop spewing his idiocy and hatred all over Twitter, causing him to be banned from the family business (aka Counting Down, the spinoff off to 19 Kids and Counting).

Ben also initiated contact because he was interested in Jessa.  His father pushed the deal because he had thoughts of somehow profiting from the Duggar connection, only to find that the Duggars have an innate sense of when people are trying to horn in on their business and if they can't use them, they freeze them out.

Jeremy approached Ben and Jessa at some sort of religious thing, got introduced to Jinger, then made his way to JB and played his part well enough to get JB's approval to marry Jinger, but I suspect that even before the wedding JB had misgivings.  He was probably too far into the deal to back out without a good reason, and the die was cast.

After that, JB was probably thrilled when Austin wanted to court Joy.  He'd known the family for years and even though Austin only had one sibling, his parents did appear on a reality show titled "World's Strictest Parents".  The boy knew how to take orders, his parents were part of JB's church, and Austin has an adversity to creating drama and drawing attention to himself.  He might not ring up JB for advice on what to order for lunch like some of the other kids, he doesn't appear to like being on camera, and he is more of a loner, but Austin doesn't seem on the path to bring another scandal down on Duggar heads.

I think that JD really did find his bride all by himself, but I'm not sure on how his younger brothers ended up with their mates.  JB is nothing but determined, and I wouldn't put it past him to continue to push marriages on his children as quickly as reasonably possible.

• Love 15
43 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

He knew enough about Rembrandt to have a copy of The Night Watch

Or, the clothing concern for which he is shilling provided him and their other clients with some suggestions to use as background for their Instagram stories in order to entice more customers.  Jeremy may know who Rembrandt was, he might even be able to pick out specific works by the artist; but his gratuitous use of one of Rembrandt's masterpieces is most likely a cynical marketing ploy, IMO.

• Love 10
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

I think that JD really did find his bride all by himself, but I'm not sure on how his younger brothers ended up with their mates.  JB is nothing but determined, and I wouldn't put it past him to continue to push marriages on his children as quickly as reasonably possible.

Well, both Caldwell and Swanson were/are huge Duggar groupies. I'm pretty sure that in those cases it was the fathers of Kendra and Lauren who were the main or at least initial drivers in seeking out the Duggars.

And I think it's also quite likely that Austin's dad and not Austin was the main -- or at least initial -- mover behind the Joy marriage, too. Considering that Austin's dad posted camp advertising with Joy in it mere minutes after the relationship was announced, he clearly was quite excited about it. And just like Caldwell and Swanson, he hoped for a substantial benefit from it-- for himself. Seems to me there's no question it was a dynastic marriage to him. 

Der and Jer both made dynastic marriages on their own steam, too, as far as I can see. Although in their cases it was with an eye to what the bride and her family would be bringing that could help the two preacher boys (now one lawyer boy...ha) build new dynasties of their own going forward. (note that I'm not saying Der and Jer were not attracted to their wives and don't love them -- only saying that ambition, consciously or unconsciously, has played some not insubstantial role in that love and attraction, as it often does for lots of people).

Hasn't worked out so well for Der -- he was banking on the "Jill wants to be a foreign missionary" thing being true, and of course it wasn't (although I believe Jilly Muffin firmly believed that it was true when she told Der it was -- she just didn't know anything about who she really was or what being an actual missionary would require of her ..... ignorance of important facts being a fundamental feature in the life of any Duggar....)

But so far, Jer's doing pretty well riding the Duggar name and social-media and tv following toward his goals. I still think those are the key factors successfully bringing Jer's lips close enough to MacArthur's butt to fasten on with a big suctioning kiss so he can ride ride ride.

This may be the only one of these marriages through which the Duggar-approacher truly reaches his goals....

Or not, of course. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
32 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

As others have stated before me, JB doesn't have to go out to find those guys, they find him.

It's well known that Joshs' marriage was pushed hard for by his parents, and the reason for that became obvious when it was revealed that he was a horny teen that couldn't keep his hands to himself, even when his hands were wandering over his own sisters and the daughter of a family friend.  Even after being 'disiplined' once, he kept groping his sisters, culimating with the molestation of his five year old sister.  Getting him married off quick so he'd have a "godly" output for his "desires" was their answer.  As far as we know, Josh did stop molesting his sisters, but he then brought the family down by taking part in the Ashley Madison scandal.  That caused Josh to be dropped from 19 Kids and Counting, and when that didn't satisfy the public, the whole show was sort of cancelled, only to be revamped with a spinoff that Josh, JB, and Michelle were supposed to never appear on.

I don't know exactly what Derick was looking for when he approached JB, but he was happy to marry JB's daughter and promptly fell off the rails to screw it all up.  He couldn't hold a job, he took Jill off to Danger America where she had a nervous breakdown, and when he returned he couldn't stop spewing his idiocy and hatred all over Twitter, causing him to be banned from the family business (aka Counting Down, the spinoff off to 19 Kids and Counting).

Ben also initiated contact because he was interested in Jessa.  His father pushed the deal because he had thoughts of somehow profiting from the Duggar connection, only to find that the Duggars have an innate sense of when people are trying to horn in on their business and if they can't use them, they freeze them out.

Jeremy approached Ben and Jessa at some sort of religious thing, got introduced to Jinger, then made his way to JB and played his part well enough to get JB's approval to marry Jinger, but I suspect that even before the wedding JB had misgivings.  He was probably too far into the deal to back out without a good reason, and the die was cast.

After that, JB was probably thrilled when Austin wanted to court Joy.  He'd known the family for years and even though Austin only had one sibling, his parents did appear on a reality show titled "World's Strictest Parents".  The boy knew how to take orders, his parents were part of JB's church, and Austin has an adversity to creating drama and drawing attention to himself.  He might not ring up JB for advice on what to order for lunch like some of the other kids, he doesn't appear to like being on camera, and he is more of a loner, but Austin doesn't seem on the path to bring another scandal down on Duggar heads.

JD had to get permission from Abbie's father and JB to introduce himself and to court Abbie. He did not do it on his own. He had to wait until JB said it was okay for him to get married.

(edited)
34 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Or, the clothing concern for which he is shilling provided him and their other clients with some suggestions to use as background for their Instagram stories in order to entice more customers.  Jeremy may know who Rembrandt was, he might even be able to pick out specific works by the artist; but his gratuitous use of one of Rembrandt's masterpieces is most likely a cynical marketing ploy, IMO.

Might well be. The Night Watch is, after all, by far the most widely known of Rembrandt's works. So it's the one that the most people would recognize -- consciously or unconsciously -- and it would make the ad feel all of a piece, which is what an advertiser would want..

BUt at the same time it's not necessarily the picture most people will hang on their own walls if they're Rembrandt fans, as far as I can tell. For one thing, because it's very big in real life, you get much less of a sense of it from a small reproduction than you do from reproductions of smaller paintings or drawings or something.

(On the other hand, maybe Jer is a big Night Watch fan because while he was playing in Finland he went down to Amsterdam and saw it......Or went down to Amsterdam, anyway. lol) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

And I have one of those velvet Elvis things. My brother sent it to me as a joke. Jeremy seems to bite his fingernails. How has he not managed to show off his manly manicure - can’t. 

I received a velvet Elvis painting as a gift from a guy I was dating in college. Nice thought, but that spelled doom for the relationship, and just as well.

Jeremy looks like a serious nail biter. It's a habit but is aggravated by stress. I wonder what is stressing Jer these days. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

JD had to get permission from Abbie's father and JB to introduce himself and to court Abbie. He did not do it on his own. He had to wait until JB said it was okay for him to get married.

Oh dear God, seriously? He had to wait for daddy to give an approval? 🙄

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Yes. It was my understanding that he and Abby met, started chatting (in public of course) and after that meeting JD talked to Jim Bob to talk to Abby’s Dad about the courtship. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Yeah, JIm Bob thinks he's some kind of medieval king with a divine right to have absolute power over all his spermfruit, adulthood be damned. 

That makes him complete scum, in my opinion.

• Love 9
(edited)

Their house is on the market. With the exception of some pictures that should be taken down, it shows nicely in pictures. It has an offer pending.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I received a velvet Elvis painting as a gift from a guy I was dating in college. Nice thought, but that spelled doom for the relationship, and just as well.

Jeremy looks like a serious nail biter. It's a habit but is aggravated by stress. I wonder what is stressing Jer these days. 

Maybe he's wondering whether MacArthur will love him long enough and strong enough for their liaison to accomplish what Jer wants -- being set on a path of success in reformed churches that'll last him for life (or until something better comes along).

MacArthur's love is the star he's hitched his wagon to at this point, so if that's not making him worry some it probably should. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, bythelake said:

Well, now they can all learn the word narcissism.

“Children today at the SODRT we’re going to learn about narcissism, and I’ve brought Uncle Jeremy along as an example.” “ Can you pronounce narcissism?”

They also learned bankruptcy which actually may come in handy in the lean years ahead when they all go bust.

Ever wonder if Jing spends a lot of anxious hours wondering, hoping, praying, that she is perfect enough for her narcissistic hubby?  At no point ever in his posting, does he speak of her interests or goals!  All Jer all of the time, with child and spouse as props.

• Love 11
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe he's wondering whether MacArthur will love him long enough and strong enough for their liaison to accomplish what Jer wants -- being set on a path of success in reformed churches that'll last him for life (or until something better comes along).

MacArthur's love is the star he's hitched his wagon to at this point, so if that's not making him worry some it probably should. 

See what giving away a piece of your heart will do? 

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Ever wonder if Jing spends a lot of anxious hours wondering, hoping, praying, that she is perfect enough for her narcissistic hubby?  At no point ever in his posting, does he speak of her interests or goals!  All Jer all of the time, with child and spouse as props.

She can relax on one thing...he can’t divorce her. He might well cheat on her and she’ll have to do the Anna, but unless he gets out of Fundieland completely they’re married.

More her loss than his, IMO. She could do better.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Why does any Duggar boy need JBs approval for their spouse, shouldn’t the boy be focusing on the girl and her family? Of course a Duggar girl shouldn’t have to have JBs approval either but in their cult it’s a must. 

• Love 4
On 5/4/2019 at 2:57 PM, Lunera said:

Whoa, JerMe finally got a sponsor for fancy European mens clothing store. Wonder how long he's been badgering them, or how many of his silly followers wil actually make a purchase. Of course, he put it on IG stories to avoid the bad commentary. 

That silly little pocket square will set you back 85 euros.

Screenshot_20190504-144555_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.db89541dbec2680d746a8d180a2f9e00.jpgScreenshot_20190504-145241_Instagram-720x1280.thumb.jpg.fdf8078bc9c9ca5bcebfca352c29d330.jpg

Screenshot_20190504-144627_Instagram-720x1280.jpg

Whoever it was that coined calling this douche “most reverend pretentious pants” is a fricken genius. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 16

Just saw the house listing. Good luck finding a house like that in LA for under 800k. My FIL house in Berkeley recently got appraised for 700k. It's a 2 bed 2 bath house that looks like a dump but it's in a very popular area.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Just saw the house listing. Good luck finding a house like that in LA for under 800k. My FIL house in Berkeley recently got appraised for 700k. It's a 2 bed 2 bath house that looks like a dump but it's in a very popular area.

A couple of things I noticed in the Zillow page for their house: It looks like it's a For Sale By Owner based on the "Call Jeremy" at the end of this abbreviated description: "This beautiful four bedroom single family home ... Contact us today to schedule your private tour. Call Jeremy..." [followed by a phone # in the ad]

Below is part of what's under "Tax History." My Question: Why did the 2018 property taxes drop SO much (-66.5%), even while the assessment increased?

Tax History

YEAR    PROPERTY TAXES  TAX ASSESSMENT

2018    $691(-66.5%)         $167,810 (+4.6%)

2017    $2,063 (-32.1%)     $160,420 (+8.4%)

2016    $3,036 (+6.5%)      $147,960 (+2.6%)

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

A couple of things I noticed in the Zillow page for their house: It looks like it's a For Sale By Owner based on the "Call Jeremy" at the end of this abbreviated description: "This beautiful four bedroom single family home ... Contact us today to schedule your private tour. Call Jeremy..." [followed by a phone # in the ad]

Below is part of what's under "Tax History." My Question: Why did the 2018 property taxes drop SO much (-66.5%), even while the assessment increased?

Tax History

YEAR    PROPERTY TAXES  TAX ASSESSMENT

2018    $691(-66.5%)         $167,810 (+4.6%)

2017    $2,063 (-32.1%)     $160,420 (+8.4%)

2016    $3,036 (+6.5%)      $147,960 (+2.6%)

They may have qualified for a homestead exemption in 2018 that they didn’t qualify for before? In my area you have to have lived in the home for a full calendar year before you get the exemption. 

What is up with the random stuffed lynx in Jeremy’s study? I bet that lynx could tell some stories.

Edited by mynextmistake
  • Love 5

this is Mommy Rabbittron in one of the pictures they show Felicity's bedroom. Next to her crib is a hanging plant with a macrame hanger. She can stand up and reach the cords and wrap them around her neck and maybe  get very injured or maybe even kill herself because of it please get rid of that hanging plant.

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Jeremy needs to make up his mind as to what his true calling is. Either he wants to be a preacher/pastor, Man of God, OR he wants to be a high-end men's clothing model and salesman. Somehow, the two just don't mesh well to me. He is all about earthly things and looking good to a degree that seems to be an obsession of his. Brooks Brothers suits???? Really, my former lawyer-husband could not afford them. How could preacher-Jeremy afford such things? This makes him quite shallow to me. Modesty just doesn't exist in Jeremy. No real preacher qualities exist in this guy. He wants to be famous, PERIOD for soccer, preaching, now a men's fashion icon. Get over yourself, little man.

Just remember that he is going to Hollyweird whether he can do both.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Hey, that was me, lol! Over in the "Duggars and their World" topic a few months ago.

This morning I am feeling like the absolute opposite of a genius, so thank you from the bottom of my tired old heart. I needed that.

I gotta say, that post of his promoting those high priced pocket squares, was a jaw-dropper. The dissonance between those items and his little church in a struggling border town like Laredo, is staggering. Jeremy had to wait till he left for the bright lights and big city to step up to shilling high-end European silks.

I wonder what the financial foundation of MacArthur's religious empire is? I'd expect that the mainstay of his mega-church? Is a huge flock of ordinary middle-class people who have little extra money to burn. I'd be surprised if many of the men in the congregation even wear suits and ties to church regularly. And damned few of them are going to swan around sporting 85-Euro (Euro no less!) pocket squares.

Jeremy's going to MacArthur's seminary, and maybe that's a different socioeconomic crowd from the church. Perhaps the seminarians are into the suits and ties and aspirational European frou-frou, and Jeremy's just getting into the swing of things. 

OTOH, It's possible that Jeremy's head is so far up his own *ss that he's just gained himself a unique, very special, and not very positive reputation among his fellow seminarians. 

@floridamom nailed it. This guy has zero f*cks to give about the well-being of anyone else. I can't see him rolling out of bed at five a.m. to help a member of his church with a ride to work, staying late at the office to counsel a guy who's distraught over a marital problem, working the phones for hours to find resources for a family that's hit hard times, or even having the mere minimum of politeness required to thank and encourage the work of church members who volunteer to teach Sunday school or Bible classes. 

He wants to be famous. He's going to LA. LA is full of people who want to be famous. I bet JereME could, if asked, sit down and write, on the spot, a two page critique of the aesthetics of Joel Osteen's private jet. We know where his heart is. He's shown us.

The Duggars have always been hypocrites.  They say that they love God, serve people, but there is no evidence that they do any of this.  Back in the days when they pretended to help, I think at a chicken dinner, they showed up late and didn't help with anything substantial.  Jeremy was a supposed pastor of a small church where the people in his community probably struggle to feed their families.  $95.  would help them with their rent and food.  The insensitivity is amazing.  I think if Jeremy could be a "super star" in medium other than religion he would be gone in a new york minute. 

• Love 18
(edited)
9 hours ago, Puffin said:

Why does any Duggar boy need JBs approval for their spouse, shouldn’t the boy be focusing on the girl and her family? Of course a Duggar girl shouldn’t have to have JBs approval either but in their cult it’s a must. 

Well, Gothard  makes the father everybody's umbrella, not just the daughters' umbrella.

He initially came up with his "ideas" in response to hippiedom, rock-n-roll and all the other "rebellious youth" stuff and social change (like "women's lib" and "gay pride") that "traditional" people were reacting to in the late 60s and the 70s.    

And he got a huge response. He was filling stadiums with people wanting to claw back control from all these out-of-control rebels. And that very much included your male children.

So his "philosophy" and "rule" isn't just fathers giving permission for daughters to wed or whatever. It's fathers being the sole authority in a family for all their offspring. And while there's some talk about how that goes up until marriage, a lot of it implies that the father can stay in charge of everybody as long as he's breathing. Because Jesus. I'm sure Gothard realized this as he saw people gathering around him. They were really really hungry to just control it all -- very much including those potentially long-haired, pot-smoking sons. 

I'm pretty sure it's that promise that God gave you -- as a man -- total permanent control over your wife and all your children that got him so many ardent followers.

Obviously that's going to be super-appealing to insecure, greedy, power-hungry control freaks like Jim Bob.

And guys like that will milk it for all it's worth, as we see. And since the kids were brought up brainwashed into it, a lot of them are hornswoggled enough to go along. As we see. 

EMLTA: Or at least hornswoggled enough to go along when the father in the case can supply money. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Just remember that he is going to Hollyweird whether he can do both.

Well, somebody can. I wouldn't put my money on Jer pulling it off. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the required level of the required talents.   ;  ) 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Absolutely. Jinger has been taught from the cradle that her only goal in life is to keep her husband happy, and although her life may seem so different from her sisters, it really isn’t. 

Jeremy suggests the way she dresses, Jeremy decides where they will live and how they will live. ( With a good helping of Jinger’s money)

Just like Derick, the man’s word is law and the little wife follows meekly.

Jinger may think that she is blessed with a wonderful, well dressed,handsome husband who’s going to be a star, but I don’t think it will play out that way.

Jinger is Jeremy’s means to an end. In their world, a wife and children are a plus. Having a family makes him look like a good Christian man, but as you said, they are his props. 

Jinger probably doesn’t know the meaning of the word narcissist, and she’s blinded by how “adventurous” her life has become, but Jeremy has big plans, and down the road, I think we will see less and less of Jinger in his professional life. She will be home with the kiddies, or hidden away like the Church of Scientology leader whose wife hasn’t been seen for years.

• Love 16
36 minutes ago, bythelake said:

Jinger is Jeremy’s means to an end. In their world, a wife and children are a plus.

So much truth to this.  Just look at their home listing.  If it weren't for the nursery pictures, you'd think that home was owned by a metrosexual bachelor.  I'm sure that any of the decoration and furnishings done by Jinger in that home were very closely approved if not selected by Jeremy.  Jinger main role is to be a "prop".

• Love 18

And the worse part is Jinger thinks she has hit the jack pot when she married Jermeme, but she does not realize she is being use by him just like her own father use her for his five minutes of fame.

5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

And the worse part is Jinger thinks she has hit the jack pot when she married Jermeme, but she does not realize she is being use by him just like her own father use her for his five minutes of fame.

Any male that marries into this family after the scandal is in it for themselves. I can forgive the women - they have no real agency as we well know. No mercy to the men. No benefit of the doubt.

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Any male that marries into this family after the scandal is in it for themselves. I can forgive the women - they have no real agency as we well know. No mercy to the men. No benefit of the doubt.

I do not think Austin is in it for himself, but Deredick and Jerememe are certainly in it for themselves. Benny Boy is too busy being lead around with a noose around his neck by JB and Jessa.

1 hour ago, bythelake said:

Absolutely. Jinger has been taught from the cradle that her only goal in life is to keep her husband happy, and although her life may seem so different from her sisters, it really isn’t. 

Jeremy suggests the way she dresses, Jeremy decides where they will live and how they will live. ( With a good helping of Jinger’s money)

Just like Derick, the man’s word is law and the little wife follows meekly.

Jinger may think that she is blessed with a wonderful, well dressed,handsome husband who’s going to be a star, but I don’t think it will play out that way.

Jinger is Jeremy’s means to an end. In their world, a wife and children are a plus. Having a family makes him look like a good Christian man, but as you said, they are his props. 

Jinger probably doesn’t know the meaning of the word narcissist, and she’s blinded by how “adventurous” her life has become, but Jeremy has big plans, and down the road, I think we will see less and less of Jinger in his professional life. She will be home with the kiddies, or hidden away like the Church of Scientology leader whose wife hasn’t been seen for years.

Unfortunately, Jinger would never see Jeremy's narcissistic tendencies as anything but normal.  She grew up the child of KJB and Meechelle in a home where the children only existed to further their plans and serve them.  Jinger has always been a prop and is probably  used to this type of behavior.  From infancy Jinger has had her will beaten out of her both figuratively and literally.  She is the perfect "meek Xtian wife" because of her upbringing.  It is no wonder that someone like Jeremy sought her out.  Time will tell if she is able to adapt to become the wife Jeremy needs as his life changes. 

I agree that she has the potential to become a liability to Jeremy, but I do see him as being a better husband than Derick or Josh.  I don't get an abusive vibe from Jeremy like I do with those two.  I think Jeremy would freeze Jinger out and seek out the company of more educated women as time goes by.  I can also see him having an emotional affair with such a woman, but not a physical one.  

• Love 7

Looking through the pictures, the house is nice enough, though I agree it is rather small square footage for that many bedrooms. I also liked all the bookcases in the home office, though I have a strong suspicion Jeremy set that up mainly to highlight his intellectual pretensions. 🙄

The giant V on the wall in their bedroom kind of cracked me up. Decorating with my initials is not something that had ever occurred to me, but I have the sense of humor of an exceptionally immature 12-year-old boy, so I really hope the other wall has a D for Duggar for the combined glamour of VD.

I'll show myself out. . . . 

• LOL 15
  • Love 5

I’m actually surprised it took pocket square-gate for people to see Jeremy for what some of us have always thought he was: shallow, conceited and materialistic. Not that there’s anything wrong with giving the benefit of the doubt, but I think he got it based in his looks and image.  Derick could never have gotten away with that crap, and while Jeremy may present a more mainstream front, he’s every bit as awful.  Maybe Jinger won the husband lottery but my guess is she’ll crap out soon. 

• Love 15
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can also see him having an emotional affair with such a woman, but not a physical one.  

He might already be having an emotional affair with Cade, his one true love (besides himself). 😂🤣😂

Agreed, @Ijustwantsomechips! He's rubbed me the wrong way for a long time. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

this is Mommy Rabbittron in one of the pictures they show Felicity's bedroom. Next to her crib is a hanging plant with a macrame hanger. She can stand up and reach the cords and wrap them around her neck and maybe  get very injured or maybe even kill herself because of it please get rid of that hanging plant.

I think she’s safe from strangulation as she’s more likely to burn her hand on the lamp that’s too close to the crib. 500 kids in that family and no one understands the concept of baby proofing.

• Love 16

Their house is nice enough, but all I see are people that must be frightened by color.  Walls all light gray and light blue mixed with light neutrals look depressing to me.  Not even color in the baby's room, couldn't they have a few stimulating colors for her to look at?

I'm sure Jeremy's beliefs are every bit as odious as those of Derick's.  And I'm sure everybody is right about Jeremy's narcissistic little heart, but he does not generate the same reaction from me as Derick.  What I see in Derick's eyes is a cold meanness;  what I see in Jeremy's is self-love and self-satisfaction.  Given Jinger's limitations of what she wants and expects from life and marriage, she may be fine.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Their house is nice enough, but all I see are people that must be frightened by color.  Walls all light gray and light blue mixed with light neutrals look depressing to me.  Not even color in the baby's room, couldn't they have a few stimulating colors for her to look at?

I'm sure Jeremy's beliefs are every bit as odious as those of Derick's.  And I'm sure everybody is right about Jeremy's narcissistic little heart, but he does not generate the same reaction from me as Derick.  What I see in Derick's eyes is a cold meanness;  what I see in Jeremy's is self-love and self-satisfaction.  Given Jinger's limitations of what she wants and expects from life and marriage, she may be fine.

They may have chosen wall colors that would appeal to buyers, if they knew that they might be relocating at some point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12