Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Are the Vuolos anti alcohol? Not that I think Jer would get sloppy drunk like he did in his college days, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a drink/beer or two.

He got really defensive one time when they had a romantic dinner. The bottle on the table looked like champagne, but he informed the audience that it was sparkling grape juice. 🙄

• LOL 14
6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He got really defensive one time when they had a romantic dinner. The bottle on the table looked like champagne, but he informed the audience that it was sparkling grape juice. 🙄

Just like Jesus and the Disciples drank at the Last Supper!

• LOL 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

I had a preacher one time (who grew up Catholic) say it was more like what our Welch's grape juice is today.  Yeah, sure, buddy, whatever you want to believe. Let's just say I rolled my eyes so hard I saw the back of the pew that day.  Personally I think the wine in Biblical times was a lot stronger than our wine.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 20
10 hours ago, Zella said:

What's MacDaddy's rule on alcohol? 

MacDaddy! 🤣🤣 What a great snark name for MacArthur!

Interesting that Jinger wasn't there. Hopefully it was because she decided she didn't want to go, and not because Jeremy is sneaking around on her. Although I wouldn't put it past him to do that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

"Sneaking around" at a public event that's posted on social media sites and the mainstream press?  I can't even imagine how that would work.  

I'm betting he still drinks a beer on occasion, but it would be a craft or IPA.  No Budweiser or MGD at this point.   

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

Now there's two reliable sources for you: WOACB and The Sun.

21 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The Sun did post pics, so there is evidence that Jer was at this party.

Yep.  Thanks, Emmawoodhouse.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He got really defensive one time when they had a romantic dinner. The bottle on the table looked like champagne, but he informed the audience that it was sparkling grape juice.

My bet would be that he's not above having an expensive drink in a setting where it is free and he is not with his classmates or colleagues. He can always use the 'it's sparkling water/juice' line if there are pictures.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Just like at the wedding where Jesus turned the water into grape juice, not wine, according to the fundies. 🙄

• LOL 16
9 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jinger played right handed. More likely than not with Jer's clubs. I guess that means he's done with finals?

According to the schedule, finals are Monday through Thursday this week. Graduation is on Friday.

• Useful 2
Just now, ginger90 said:

According to the schedule, finals are Monday through Thursday this week. Graduation is on Friday.

Right. But he could have had his finals early in the week, allowing him to be done today. 

I get that this is a snark forum and I'm all for it, but we don't know Jeremy didn't put in the work anymore than we know if Derick did. I can't think of any college that hasn't had some type of scandal, big or small, but it almost never applies to everyone.

I live in an area with a lot of colleges - in the past few years there's been everything from racism, cheating, shady (college) presidents, redshirting, hiding sexual assaults and the list goes on and on.

Jeremy is definitely a doofus, but I'm not sure he's so unintelligent he can't pass these classes legitimately.  

• Love 15

Many places students graduating have their exams/final projects due earlier than other students so that grades can be in for processing to make sure the students are clear to graduate. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Fosca said:

Or he knows he's going to pass no matter what.  

That's what I was thinking.

Can't wait to see what Jeremy's going to do now that he's done with school....probably go out to eat a lot, get in some golf, maybe buy himself a snazzy new pair of shoes - oh, wait.  Never mind.

• LOL 16
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

J and J went golfing 🙄

Screenshots

B938B0B1-CB05-4043-A6B1-CE0929D3888C.jpeg

ABD4B594-A0E2-4764-ADAA-3110E3060FFA.jpeg

Someone give this girl a burger and make her eat it!

I used to think Jinger was cute but lately she's looking more and more like a skinny boy with a big nose, 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Doctor of Ministry is another 3 years. But it seems to be set up for people who are already preaching in real churches. Jeremy obviously doesn't have this distinction.

I suspect he’ll work at the seminary indefinitely, some kind of research 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I knew it! He’s going on for his doctorate! More years of golf, eating out and shoe shopping!

Of course he is 🙄 why give up a good grift when you’ve got one. 

• Love 16
(edited)

In the requirements for the program it states that a candidate should have 3 years experience as a pastor. Was Jeremy at the church in Laredo that long or did he  have a pastoral position prior to Laredo?  It also seems designed for people who are employed in the ministry and not all of the work is done on campus. None of the third year is done on campus at all. It is written as if it is expected that the students will have a congregation to practice the skills they are being taught.  However it does state that one can be a youth minister so I guess they could be counting his Doctrine and Donuts "ministry" . Possibly that is why he has been posting about that in recent months. 

Edited by Liddy52
  • Useful 7
1 minute ago, Liddy52 said:

In the requirements for the program it states that a candidate should have 3 years experience as a pastor. Was Jeremy at the church in Laredo that long or did he  have a pastoral position prior to Laredo?  It also seems designed for people who are employed in the ministry and not all of the work is done on campus. None of the third year is done on campus at all. It is written as if it is expected that the students will have a congregation to practice the skills they are being taught.  However it does state that one can be a youth minister so I guess they could be counting his Doctrine and Donuts "ministry" . Possibly that is why he has been posting about that in recent months. 

Regardless of what they post (mostly inane) there could be some of their life going on behind/away from the cameras that we don't know about.  Unless he had a Gopro on himself all waking hours, we just don't know.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Regardless of what they post (mostly inane) there could be some of their life going on behind/away from the cameras that we don't know about.  Unless he had a Gopro on himself all waking hours, we just don't know.  

Just curious,  not argumentative, ......... so possibly he has a ministerial/pastoral role that we are not aware of? That might be what the situation is. It just seemed from reading about the program, and I read most of what was on the website from the link above, that the program was designed primarily for those actively in ministry serving a church. Of course, Jeremy might already be doing such work or have a position lined up. As you say, we only know what they choose to disclose.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

I knew it! He’s going on for his doctorate! More years of golf, eating out and shoe shopping!

He has Derick beat on being a perputual student. 

But we knew that they couldn't give up that house that they were only supposed to live in for six months.  

• Love 11

Do they mean preaching or pastoring, or can it be both? Jeremy did at least 2 in Laredo as a pastor, and has preached possibly monthly over the past four years. And as @emmawoodhouse mentioned, he has ministered to the donut boys. If its the equivalent of 3 years, I'm guessing Jeremy actually fulfilled the requirements and then some. 

They have 12 professors for a 36 credit degree. I'm guessing the class sizes are small too. It must be almost like getting one on one time for each course with a different teacher.

I think one of the professors is the father of the owner of J & J's house. But I might be making that up.

• Useful 3

He has had some kind of job at TMS or the church most or all of the time they've been in LA.  That church has a few dozen "ministry" type positions.  Paid Sunday School teaching would count as would leading one of their myriad groups.  Possibly they would count unpaid ministry work also.  It doesn't three years full time work does it?  

I know for at least one semester he was leading one of their evening groups.  I'm sure they counted that plus the doctrine and doughnuts and his time in Laredo, etc.  It all adds up.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Unless he had a Gopro on himself all waking hours, we just don't know.  

Please don’t give this desperate homie any ideas. 

• LOL 19

Who would have thought being a (mostly) useless suckup could pay so handsomely?

"If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit."  I don't know who came up with that saying, but oily bohunk Jer seems to fit that description in many ways.

• LOL 8
  • Love 13