Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, LilJen said:

Does Gothard have a rule saying that women must jut their faces forward off their necks for photographs?

Jinger has the worst floating head syndrome of them all.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

lxkoqsvj3kq81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I recognize that I am in no way as rad as Mr. and Mrs. Homie, but why are Jinger's shoes tied like that - it looks like the way shoes are tied when they are fresh out of the box and being tried on for the first time.

And honestly, it seems so odd to me that they clad their children in Nikes.  Little kids grow out of shoes in about 4 - 6 months.  It's cute, sure, but incredibly financially impractical for most people.  I guess if a church in LA is looking for a pastor and wants to make sure the pastor's kids are appropriately stylish, Jeremy's got it covered.  Just seems like he's constantly throwing his questionably-earned money at unnecessary material things.

As far as the Homes' "clearing out the shelves at Trader Joe's" of their beloved fig crackers, for some this is a figure of speech...however, I can totally see Jeremy sweeping every box into his cart because he heard that Kanye likes those crackers or something, and then paying for them on Johnny Mac's gold card.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 18

I wonder if they caught Evy Jo at an awkward moment or if she was a very late walker, or maybe this pic is old, because to me her legs look like a kid still in the 'drunken sailor' early stage of walking.

• LOL 6

They really should read that Stride Rite article about foot development before the age of two and properly fitting shoes.  Nikes may be cute, and my nephews have them, but they are not ideal for developing feet.  But this is RFP we’re talking about and it’s all about the ‘gram for him. 

• Love 12

After Jinger's upbringing with shoes from the thrift store, I'm happy the children get new shoes that might be fitted by someone with some training.  Isn't Jessa still doing the thrift store thing?

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I recognize that I am in no way as rad as Mr. and Mrs. Homie, but why are Jinger's shoes tied like that - it looks like the way shoes are tied when they are fresh out of the box and being tried on for the first time.

She probably just slips her feet into them so she ties them very loosely. I do that when I wear laced shoes.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 3/30/2022 at 8:27 PM, BigBingerBro said:

Nike Waffle One with Leopard Swoosh - $110. Or Pink Dunks, a bargain-priced $95.  I just spend $160 on sandals for my daughter's wedding and am considering sending them back.  And I worked for 50 years. 

Edited by sheshark
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Holy cow. In the first pic, all I see is how much Jinger looks like JB. I had never realized that before! Same smile too. 

There is something off and different about her teeth and smile. I’m not sure what it is.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

There is something off and different about her teeth and smile. I’m not sure what it is.

I think she is midway between her newly acquired SM smile and her natural crinkle nose Jinger smile.

• Love 2
On 4/6/2022 at 12:53 AM, jcbrown said:

Losing (more of) his hair is going to be a big blow to Jer's ego.

They need to search the Scriptures so they can incorporate baldness into their theology as a major and centrally important virtue.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
On 4/4/2022 at 10:38 PM, Cinnabon said:

Just for fun! Yes, that’s his real hairline. 😆

24B8AC13-DAB3-43C9-8F4E-87A57A5516C1.jpeg

He looks like one of the actors they always get to play David Koresh in a Waco doc. He’s got the greasy, unshaven, slack-jaw look down. Only thing missing is the dorky set of glasses.

• LOL 15
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, charmed1 said:

He looks like one of the actors they always get to play David Koresh in a Waco doc. He’s got the greasy, unshaven, slack-jaw look down. Only thing missing is the dorky set of glasses.

I think he'd look better if he was wearing a dorky set of glasses.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

She’s worn this previously. She was pregnant at the time. (2020) I’m thinking the lighting is making the color look different. Or, she has more than one.

591151CD-30D2-4F88-A438-3E87288C709F.jpeg

Ha. I thought this was a new picture.

ETA: who would want more than one? 😁

Edited by YupItsMe
  • LOL 8
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She’s worn this previously. She was pregnant at the time. (2020) I’m thinking the lighting is making the color look different. Or, she has more than one.

591151CD-30D2-4F88-A438-3E87288C709F.jpeg

Wait. Wait. Is she wearing it now because she's pregnant again???

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, Zella said:

I have never understood why the collar of that dress exists.

Me neither. To me, it's the most abominable part of an abominable outfit....Among other things, it doesn't match the dress fabric at all, in either color version of the dress we've seen.

But I can imagine somebody who grew up in the Duggar household looking at it and subconsciously seeing it as a "chic" callback to a modesty-for-the-clavicle collar.   

• Love 8
On 3/31/2022 at 8:06 AM, laurakaye said:
On 3/30/2022 at 7:27 PM, BigBingerBro said:

Expand  

They also look way too big for Jinger. We need to solve the mystery, something is going on.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She looks like a bobble head.  She’s too thin.  JMHO

She really does. 😥I think that’s what’s standing out to me in her face/jaw too. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 5