Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

You would think Jessa would get on it as a side hustle and since she was the hot duggar but she would have to step up her game a lot in the clothing dept.

Uh...”Duggar” “step up game” and “hustle”....

One of these is not like the others...

• Love 15
35 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

I really don't think Jinger looks like the Duchess.  Jinger is pretty, but I think many of her sisters are prettier.  Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

I agree. The best I've ever seen the sisters styled and dolled up was at Jinger's wedding. When the playing field is leveled, I think Jessa and Joy are by far the prettiest. I think Jinger is very attractive, but better clothing and a more likeable personality help her in that department as opposed to having classically beautiful facial features. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, lucy711 said:

I really don't think Jinger looks like the Duchess.  Jinger is pretty, but I think many of her sisters are prettier.  Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

I also don't see how her style mirrors Kate's at all? Maybe a couple of her maternity outfits, but overall nothing about Jinger's look reminds me of the Duchess. 

• Love 16
On 10/24/2018 at 10:41 PM, BitterApple said:

Wow, Kate had one hell of a plastic surgery makeover. I wouldn't have even guessed that was her.

I don’t think Kate had plastic surgery. She looks the same to me, just younger with a rounder face.

She’s always been slim but 1. She was younger then so had more weight in her face, 2. When very thin women get older their face changes more. She dropped a LOT of weight right before the wedding and never put it back on. Given how tall and lanky she is you can notice the difference. 

@Temperance Kate lost weight but not sixty pounds! She’s very tall so maybe 30lbs? Professional makeup and hair styling help. In those photos she was a college girl.  She’s now in her mid 30s

19 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I am not even sure she could lose 60 lbs and live based on the above photos! Even if she lost 30 lbs she would look really really sick ( based on the above) and probably would be hospitalized. 

She’s tall though (5’9). It takes a lot more pounds to see a change on a tall woman, I can guess about 30lbs (max) difference between her college days maybe at 145, (which is thin for a woman’s who’s 5’9) and 115 when she got married. 

As far as looking like Jinger, they are both lanky (as in not much curve to their body) brunettes with more square faces, but I think that’s the extent of their similarities. I see where people are coming from, but id say they don’t look much alike. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 13
54 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

Age, lighting, makeup. 

and weightloss! 

(This is meant to be kind -of a joke. I do think Kate has lost a good deal of weight and is on a special diet now, but I also overestimated how much weight she lost. )

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 7

I agree about the nose job. Her nose is less 'bulb-like.Yeah, I think she had her nose touched.

When someone has a personal chef to meticulously prepares the properly balanced meals for you, a personal trainer for keeping that lean body in shape and personal wardrobe, hair and makeup experts we all would look the best we can be. This is not the duchess' doing but the combined efforts of a professional appearance/fitness team.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

Yep, you can definitely see the contouring makeup on her nose. And her face has gotten slimmer with age.

I agree; no nose job. The British are way less fixated on physical perfection than Americans are. It's far less common for them to even get braces for their teeth, much less actual cosmetic surgery. Their celebrities are far more likely to accept aging naturally than to resort to botox and facelifts. And it's not as though the royal family is drop-dead gorgeous to start with. The Queen and Phillip were reasonably good looking in their day, I guess, but those combined genes did not seem to produce particularly attractive offspring.  Harry is cute but who even knows whether he has any of those Windsor genes in any case. William always looked more like Diana when he was young, and as much as she was considered so beautiful, her nose in particular was a bit long to be considered "perfect", so if she never resorted to surgery to fix it, I very much doubt that Kate (who appears to be a much more self-confident person to start with) would feel the need to do anything to fix a nose which was perfectly fine, if a shade wider than it might be for truly classic beauty.

As @mimionthebeach and @lascuba said, a bit of weight loss, age, and skill with a contouring brush are more than enough to explain the very slight apparent change.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 16
21 hours ago, kokapetl said:

I think Kate has had her nose done. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTloSp29bEmkM3VDM7arks

Subtle. 

It does look different.  I remember Princess Diana lamenting about her big nose (or at least, that's what I read someplace.)

Diana supposedly said something like "I would like to get my conk (nose) fixed, it's too big."  Kate's nose looks thinner in the recent pic, but like you said, it's subtle.

I'm thinking Jin will age better, with a rounder face, than her pointier-chinned sisters.  

Edited by xwordfanatik
last quotation mark added
  • Love 4

@Scarlett45 good point about her being 5'9"! That's my height, and there are still some people who SWEAR they can't tell I've gained weight after my 50 pound gain! Part of that is due to how I have learned to dress to cover it up, but I'm lucky to be tall. It's funny how different peoples' body types influence their weight, though. So many women like Kate could be in the 145 range and look a little chunky, but my smallest was 155, and I looked downright skeletal! I was starving myself and losing weight an unhealthy way, and I feel hungry when I look back at those pics, lol!

i don't think jing particularly resembles Kate, since their styles are soooo different, but I do think some of her maternity styles were similar (especially the blue dress). I also think her highlights could possssssibly have been in an effort to look more like her, but I'm not sure. In any case, I can totally see Jeremy being obsessed with the royals and their fashion. He is such a wannabe!

• Love 9

I think the second photo looks photoshopped over the bridge of her nose. If you look at other photos online, lighting, make-up, smile and head angle gives the impression she has about a dozen different noses.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

@Scarlett45 good point about her being 5'9"! That's my height, and there are still some people who SWEAR they can't tell I've gained weight after my 50 pound gain! Part of that is due to how I have learned to dress to cover it up, but I'm lucky to be tall. It's funny how different peoples' body types influence their weight, though. So many women like Kate could be in the 145 range and look a little chunky, but my smallest was 155, and I looked downright skeletal! I was starving myself and losing weight an unhealthy way, and I feel hungry when I look back at those pics, lol!

i don't think jing particularly resembles Kate, since their styles are soooo different, but I do think some of her maternity styles were similar (especially the blue dress). I also think her highlights could possssssibly have been in an effort to look more like her, but I'm not sure. In any case, I can totally see Jeremy being obsessed with the royals and their fashion. He is such a wannabe!

Im thankful to be tall too! But not as tall as you just 5’7. My fertility statue self would look like a Buddha if I were shorter. Women have all sorts of different bodies, and look beautiful at different heights and shapes. I’m not “in love” with Jeremy or anything like that, but no man that cares about his wife/girlfriend would want her out in the world looking like a hot mess, ESPECIALLY if they are “reality stars” or social media personalities. In these fields style matters quite a bit and I do see Jeremy paying attention to that has he “builds their brand”. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 5

I agree with the above comment and I think the biggest difference in Jingle's wardrobe is she's wearing clothing that fits properly. The dresses and skirts highlight her figure as opposed to burying it in faded, stretched out fabric. Even for as little fashion sense as Jill has, she's started to look better now that she's wearing jeans and cute tops.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree with the above comment and I think the biggest difference in Jingle's wardrobe is she's wearing clothing that fits properly. The dresses and skirts highlight her figure as opposed to burying it in faded, stretched out fabric. Even for as little fashion sense as Jill has, she's started to look better now that she's wearing jeans and cute tops.

Fit is EVERY. THING. There is an assumption that if a woman is thin she can wear just any old thing and look good. Of course being in good shape and youthful will make anyone look better than not, but clothes that fit properly can up your style game 5 notches. Nothing wrong with wearing dresses and skirts exclusively (if that’s what one prefers) but fit and length should go with your body shape. Jinger has been very modest in outfits that “cover” and aren’t crazy tight but fit. 

• Love 12

I don't think Jinger looks like Kate at all or trying to dress like her, I think she is trying to find a mature style that matches Jeremy's. Since she's been married she has changed around her style a bit.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I was wearing that exact headband when Jinger posted the picture! I got it in a pack of 5 on Amazon for like $9.

Is this it? 4 Pack Women Headband Boho Floal Style Criss Cross Head Wrap Hair Band Set1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FBWRT5U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_FCF1BbEYVB8F9

I like the shape but I don’t care for tiny flower print. 

Edited by Scarlett45
On 10/25/2018 at 8:29 AM, lascuba said:

It actually fits in with their worldview perfectly...a woman who has authority over her husband?! OF COURSE he'll be unfaithful, poor man. 

I don't think Kate's had plastic surgery or lost much weight...certainly not 60 pounds! She's just gotten older, doesn't do any playful expressions anymore more, and dresses older than she is. 

She’s definitely had a nose job. Not much but just enough that the tip of her nose isn’t as bulbous. It was very, very subtle. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

She’s definitely had a nose job. Not much but just enough that the tip of her nose isn’t as bulbous. It was very, very subtle. 

I still don't see enough difference to suggest that she did, and neither do I see enough insecurity in her to make me feel that such a subtle difference would convince her to opt for actual surgery. 

• Love 14

I am in the no nose job camp. I do see a difference in Kate's nose that is based on weight though. The pictures below are from one month before giving birth to Prince Louis, the day he was born, and then two months later. 

As for Jinger's resemblance to Kate, I see it in the way they crinkle their noses when they have a big smile or are laughing. Also a photo of Kate with a funny expression, just because.

kate-middleton-thumbs-up.jpeg

jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo.jpg

kate-middleton-helps-inspire-children-at-1851-trust-sailing-workshop-09.jpg

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Brown eyed girl said:

Oh she is adorable. Those eyes are something.  I love when babies find their hands. The pediatrician explained it to me as when the baby is younger, it sees these things (their hands) go by and move around in their field of vision.  As they mature, they realize it is a part of their body that they have control over & can do things with.  Like putting them in their mouths. 

• Love 20

That baby is absolutely precious!! Her eyes look like Disney Princess cartoon eyes. Perfect almond-ish shape, bright and big, and so pretty. She really is an adorable little girl. Her eyebrows are reddish and I wish it wasn't a trick of light or me seeing things because a little red-haired Felicity would just be too cute for words.

• Love 14

My granddaughter has great big dark brown eyes as well, and was  born with dark brown hair as well, but it seems to be getting a wee bit lighter (it's her 7 month birthday today!). Her eyebrows often show up reddish in photos, so I suspect it's probably the light. It will be fun to see with the both of them, though!

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Felicity has been the most well dressed baby out of the lot. I'm willing to forgive the head gear because at least Jinger hasn't put fake pigtails on her.

If the fake pigtails go on, I'm out.

Well considering her father, I'm not surprised.  Jeremy is very into aesthetics and is the best dressed male among the family (albeit douchey at times).  But also its just more fun (IMO) dressing girls than boys.  I'm in the hate headband/bows on baby girls camp.

Edited by DkNNy79
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

Well considering her father, I'm not surprised.  Jeremy is very into aesthetics and is the best dressed male among the family (albeit douchey at times).  But also its just more fun (IMO) dressing girls than boys.  I'm in the hate headband/bows on baby girls camp.

When you try to make a boy baby/toddler "well dressed," you usually face a whole lot of choices that amount to "dress him like a miniature adult." There are other things around, certainly, but there a LOT of mini-adult clothes on the tiny-boy clothing racks, at least today, it seems to me. So you end up with a little boy in a constricting outfit -- jeans and a necktie or something. Horrendous. I think Jessa's attempts to make her boys well dressed have fallen into that trap. And I can see how it happens (although there may be some darker deeper patriarchy-related psychology involved, too, for all I know....) With little girls, there are a much greater proportion of clothes that are spiffy while still being quite wearable for the kid, seems to me. 

• Love 14

I think back to when Prissy and TFDW stuffed Phillip into corduroy pants and a button up shirt when he was a newborn. I don't have children of my own but it seems like the fabric has changed. We recently went through our baby clothes and the pants that they have for babies now compared to the pants I wore as a baby are vastly different. I wonder when they did the shift?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I think back to when Prissy and TFDW stuffed Phillip into corduroy pants and a button up shirt when he was a newborn. I don't have children of my own but it seems like the fabric has changed. We recently went through our baby clothes and the pants that they have for babies now compared to the pants I wore as a baby are vastly different. I wonder when they did the shift?

I remember that.  That was awful.  My son, who is turning 1 in a couple weeks is always in comfortable onesies or two pieces.  Usually cotton.  We have not put him in jeans yet.  We just bought him his first pair of khakis and button down shirt for his baptism/1st birthday party.  But we're bringing some comfortable clothes to change him into after the ceremony is done.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I think back to when Prissy and TFDW stuffed Phillip into corduroy pants and a button up shirt when he was a newborn. 

And put him in the back of a toy dump truck for poorly done photos no less!  Poor little fella. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

When you try to make a boy baby/toddler "well dressed," you usually face a whole lot of choices that amount to "dress him like a miniature adult." There are other things around, certainly, but there a LOT of mini-adult clothes on the tiny-boy clothing racks, at least today, it seems to me. So you end up with a little boy in a constricting outfit -- jeans and a necktie or something. Horrendous. I think Jessa's attempts to make her boys well dressed have fallen into that trap. And I can see how it happens (although there may be some darker deeper patriarchy-related psychology involved, too, for all I know....) With little girls, there are a much greater proportion of clothes that are spiffy while still being quite wearable for the kid, seems to me. 

100 years ago, little boys wore dresses until they were school age for this very reason. Little pants and button down shirts aren't comfortable, or easy to move in, and it's a lot of trouble to keep a shirt tucked into pants on a baby or toddler.

• Love 21
On 10/25/2018 at 1:45 AM, Temperance said:

Jinger said something (can't remember what) that made me think he was helping her with style. 

As far as I know she hasn't had plastic surgery. She went/was put on a major diet and lost at least 60 pounds. 

She’s had a nose job and veneers.  Meghan Markle has the minimum of a nose job. I’m sure both do Botox and fillers when not pregnant.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

She’s had a nose job and veneers.  Meghan Markle has the minimum of a nose job. I’m sure both do Botox and fillers when not pregnant.  

Kate has way too many lines for someone who gets botox and fillers. And botox especially results in a particular look that neither women have.

• Love 19