Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 0:18 AM, Sew Sumi said:

I was a bloody ENGLISH major, but I was never pictured hugging my beloved books. Jeremy seems to be collecting hardbacks to make his study look like a law library. 

He's trying too hard to look hard.  What was this "jock" major in college?

I do find it amusing that he has dubbed some into believing  he's scholarly by hugging some books.  He must love how easy those leghumpers are to fool.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:43 PM, sometimesy said:

He either ends up in his million dollar ministry, or someone pulls the Jenga piece that brings this playhouse down. 

Babe has a very smarmy vibe.  Something will come out & bring him down. Sadly, it will suck to be Jinger.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, ariel said:

He's trying too hard to look hard.  What was this "jock" major in college?

I do find it amusing that he has dubbed some into believing  he's scholarly by hugging some books.  He must love how easy those leghumpers are to fool.

IIRC, wasn't he a business major of some sort? 

Last night I figured out who Jeremy reminds me of-Ariel Winter, who plays Alex on Modern Family.  

Almost every day, the Daily Mail has a picture of her in skimpy clothes, even when it's inappropriate for the occasion. She claims that she wears them because she is so confident with her curves, but if she was really that confident, she wouldn't feel the need to dress that way all the time.  On some level, I always thought she was actually insecure and trying to prove she is attractive/sexy, not to the public, but to herself. 

I believe that Jeremy does love books, and I think he fancies himself an intellectual, but deep down inside, I think there is some type of insecurity about the issue or he wouldn't have to keep posting so many deliberate pictures with books. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ariel said:

Babe has a very smarmy vibe.  Something will come out & bring him down. Sadly, it will suck to be Jinger.

I kind of get that from him, too.  I don't know why, but it seems to me that he went after Jin with a purpose, and all is not what it seems.

I do hope I'm wrong.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, EVS said:

Last night I figured out who Jeremy reminds me of-Ariel Winter, who plays Alex on Modern Family.  

Almost every day, the Daily Mail has a picture of her in skimpy clothes, even when it's inappropriate for the occasion. She claims that she wears them because she is so confident with her curves, but if she was really that confident, she wouldn't feel the need to dress that way all the time.  On some level, I always thought she was actually insecure and trying to prove she is attractive/sexy, not to the public, but to herself. 

I believe that Jeremy does love books, and I think he fancies himself an intellectual, but deep down inside, I think there is some type of insecurity about the issue or he wouldn't have to keep posting so many deliberate pictures with books. 

I recently noticed that Michelle looks like Seth Meyers. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

I can't remember - do the leg hampers admire or disdain the love of books?

It all depends on who's liking the books. The KJB is beloved.  The ones that deviate from that, not so much.

Edited by ariel
4 hours ago, ariel said:

I still think he's going after bigger fish, though. I think he's trying to impress John MacArthur et al. He and Der (and Bin, too, at times) put a lot of energy into linking themselves by social media or photos or whatever with top religious leaders -- mainly Calvinists these days. Retweeting their stuff, linking to their websites, tweeting that their sophomoric jokes are "profound." And I think those are all career moves. Look at me! I love your pronouncements! And I'm really smart, too! Help me rise up in religious circles! .... I expect they're hoping to impress by being able to circulate this stuff to their many Duggar-derived social-media followers, likely far more than a lot of the competing young ministerial/missionary guys have. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

@Sew Sumi

My computer was shut down because I was MOVING BOOKS around my office/school area.  How crazy is that?  I also scored some major  books and have the trunk of my old suburban loaded with free quality books. All classics/living books.  I did not post a picture on Instagram.  I'm rethinking.  Should I climb in the trunk and sit on the books while smiling? Maybe a sexy pose???? 

Jeremy is such a poser.  Trying so hard to be an intellectual.  Poor guy. He really feels the need to prove himself via Instagram. uh yeah...

• Love 14

I love books and I love to read but all of Jeremy's books look sooooooooo boring to me.  I really find it hard to believe that he has read all those boring reference works.

He likes books, I doubt he loves to read.

• Love 13

I find Jeremy's Twitter comment about having to read to have an intelligent 'conversation' an underhanded insult to Jinger , most likely his congregation, his friends and the family in general. I don't think he actually THINKS before he Tweets or speaks. In the grand scheme of things, Jeremy may still be immature himself; he's only 29; my son is 29 and still has a lot to learn. He's not the wise old man he tries to project himself to be when he seems to compare himself to the Duggar guys and the guys 'in law' in Arkansas.

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

I love books and I love to read but all of Jeremy's books look sooooooooo boring to me.  I really find it hard to believe that he has read all those boring reference works.

He likes books, I doubt he loves to read.

YES!! This summarizes what I was going for much better than my post of a couple of days ago! I mean, I hope I'm wrong, and I do sense that he enjoys reading to a far greater extent than the typical Duggar, but at the same time I kind of see an acquisitiveness that overwhelms the actual love of the written word.

And, as a follow up to my earlier post, had our book sale today...I counted the books once we had them all out...slightly below my estimate at "only" 352 books. We sold 26. I think twenty-two of those were split between two of the seven people who showed up in a 6-hour chunk of time. Made $17.50.  And our sale included a significant number of once-read hardbacks by popular authors. Where are all the readers? I know a lot of people like e-books, but still....

Guess I need to find the best place to dispose of the rest tomorrow since they are in the back of the truck and there are a few days of rain forecast here starting Tuesday...

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

YES!! This summarizes what I was going for much better than my post of a couple of days ago! I mean, I hope I'm wrong, and I do sense that he enjoys reading to a far greater extent than the typical Duggar, but at the same time I kind of see an acquisitiveness that overwhelms the actual love of the written word.

And, as a follow up to my earlier post, had our book sale today...I counted the books once we had them all out...slightly below my estimate at "only" 352 books. We sold 26. I think twenty-two of those were split between two of the seven people who showed up in a 6-hour chunk of time. Made $17.50.  And our sale included a significant number of once-read hardbacks by popular authors. Where are all the readers? I know a lot of people like e-books, but still....

Guess I need to find the best place to dispose of the rest tomorrow since they are in the back of the truck and there are a few days of rain forecast here starting Tuesday...

Take them to Half Price Books.  You won't get much, if anything for them but they donate books people have donated. 

• Love 3
Just now, bythelake said:

Is this really him?

It appears to be.  We hashed this picture over when it surfaced right around the engagement.  If you notice, the guy has a tat on his arm...Jeremy has an identical tat.  The picture was found on a friend's social media site, if I recall. 

Consensus is that it's Jeremy.  

16 hours ago, Marigold said:

Baaaabe, you loose IQ points with every post.  Look at how Derick has turned out. 

We all lose IQ points with every post.

Edited by TVwithTea
  • Love 15
26 minutes ago, Marigold said:

It appears to be.  We hashed this picture over when it surfaced right around the engagement.  If you notice, the guy has a tat on his arm...Jeremy has an identical tat.  The picture was found on a friend's social media site, if I recall. 

Consensus is that it's Jeremy.  

Wow! How did I miss this first time around?  I'm speechless (almost).  Is he getting ready to join Derick in an interpretive dance or is this a fraternity initiation?  You would think that a minister would be a tad more reserved.  What an egotistical tool. Poor Jinger.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, bythelake said:

Wow! How did I miss this first time around?  I'm speechless (almost).  Is he getting ready to join Derick in an interpretive dance or is this a fraternity initiation?  You would think that a minister would be a tad more reserved.  What an egotistical tool. Poor Jinger.

That pic is probably from his college soccer days. Not to say that he's not a hypocrite based on how he acts now, but it's a very tame photo for a college athlete. I am sure there are way worse pictures of me that aren't digitized, and I was a nerd who played women's rugby in college! (I do hope there's no photos of what I looked like after drinking rum straight from the bottle...)

• Love 13
35 minutes ago, questionfear said:

That pic is probably from his college soccer days. Not to say that he's not a hypocrite based on how he acts now, but it's a very tame photo for a college athlete. I am sure there are way worse pictures of me that aren't digitized, and I was a nerd who played women's rugby in college! (I do hope there's no photos of what I looked like after drinking rum straight from the bottle...)

It's a fairly tame pic for any college student.  I can remember some Halloween costumes back in the day that were hardly modest.  Not to mention, having been a coed back when Animal House was released, I attended more than a couple of parties wearing little more than a bedsheet.  College kids do some silly stuff, it's part of the educational process.

• Love 19
14 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I think there are a lot of us that could have spent all day at your sale. I used to participate in our neighborhood yard sale years ago.  Always had a pile or two of books to sell, mainly current fiction. I heard one group of ladies walk up my driveway commenting "this is the house that sells the good books." Growing up I collected my Nancy Drew books from yard sales, book sales, flea markets, etc.  Nice memories.....

• Love 12
15 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I manage our local Friends of the Library group. I'm sure your local library would love them otherwise Salvation Army will pick-up. (yes I know SA isn't gay friendly but they pick up...) I use a local Rescue Mission for pick-up but they're not national.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I manage our local Friends of the Library group. I'm sure your local library would love them otherwise Salvation Army will pick-up. (yes I know SA isn't gay friendly but they pick up...) I use a local Rescue Mission for pick-up but they're not national.

I live in a suburb that has curbside recycling,  not just for newspapers, bottles and cans; but also for clothing, small household goods and books; the city has arrangements with various charities and gets the goods to the proper location after picking them up.  It's so convenient and has lead me to do a lot of closet cleaning and bookshelf sorting of late.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, FairyDusted said:

Wow I need that @doodlebug! Come on NE Ohio help me out here.

Topic...Jinj is not pregnant.  

I live in NEO, so maybe it is coming to a suburb near you soon. My sister lives in a different 'burb and she has the same thing.  And I love that they specifically request books in their information for donations.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Marigold said:

Jeremy is such a poser.  Trying so hard to be an intellectual.  Poor guy. He really feels the need to prove himself via Instagram. uh yeah...

Jeremy is smarmy looking  Eddie Haskell from "Leave It To Beaver" without Eddie's  charm.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, questionfear said:

You're right. I misunderstood when I last posted,and assumed the picture was recent. Apparently, it was only made public last year but was taken in college. Believe me, I short-sheeted lots of frat boys beds in my day. Didn't drink much because back then everyone drank beer because it was cheap, and I really hated the taste. Usually,I was the designated driver with everyone else throwing up out the back windows. Oh, the good old days.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They didn't have Instagram in 2010 which is when Jer graduated. I counted back the weeks when this was first posted and came up with 2013. Probably some soccer hazing going on.

It was before he became the alpha wolf to the submissive Jing.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

If there is a women's shelter nearby, you might try them.  The one I've worked with LOVES to get books, DVDs, etc.  

• Love 4