Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Would you live in a curse free unit?

Fuck no!  What the fuck is that?

Not me.  I swear more than I should, but around people that might be offended, I forgo it.

Luckily, Mr. Xword is of the same mind on this issue.

Reminds me of the old saying:  "She (in this case Jin-jer) wouldn't say shit if she had a mouthful."

There are times when nothing but a well-chosen curse word will do.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Not me.  I swear more than I should, but around people that might be offended, I forgo it.

Luckily, Mr. Xword is of the same mind on this issue.

Reminds me of the old saying:  "She (in this case Jin-jer) wouldn't say shit if she had a mouthful."

There are times when nothing but a well-chosen curse word will do.

I've never manged to cultivate the fine art of swearing. Other than the very occasional "damn" and still rarer "shit", I have no vocabulary as far as curse words. No matter how fitting I may think it would be or how much I sometimes feel like dropping one, an F-bomb refuses to cross my lips. I do, however, enjoy the heck out of some well-placed and creative swearing done by others :)

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I've never manged to cultivate the fine art of swearing. Other than the very occasional "damn" and still rarer "shit", I have no vocabulary as far as curse words. No matter how fitting I may think it would be or how much I sometimes feel like dropping one, an F-bomb refuses to cross my lips. I do, however, enjoy the heck out of some well-placed and creative swearing done by others :)

I never swore until I got into college but I was well-versed,  being my father's daughter. He was extremely fluent, in multiple languages:)

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Portia said:

Would you mind explaining this? Does this mean they won't play Go Fish with their kids? I  know approximately 5,000 Baptists, including a fair number who are older than dirt, and I don't know anyone who thinks all cards are sinful. 

This reminds me of when my grandmother and her friend were staying at the hospital with my sick grandfather. They played cards to pass the time. Their Baptist minister came in to the room, and the friend hid the cards underneath her, afraid they were sinning. The pastor was fine with it as long as it wasn't gambling. The friend would've been around 70 at the time and this was 30 years ago. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/12/2017 at 11:51 AM, JoanArc said:

310. Can I see your last 4 months worth of bank statements?

377. How often do you go to the altar?

384. Do you suffer from any chronic disease or condition?
385. Are you willing to take a physical exam by a physician before marriage?
386. What is your understanding of proper health and nutrition?
387. How do you support your own health and nutrition?406. How do you respond when you see a girl that isn’t dressed right?
407. Would you describe for me what you think is wrong or what bothers you about a lewdly dressed woman.
408. Would you have a Curse Free Unit?

421. What happens when someone talks to you or comes in the room while you are watching a movie or playing a video game?

I am busting a gut here over "Curse-Free Unit." Is that a "unit" that hasn't been cursed by evil sluts giving you VD or something??"

Also liking ""What do you do when you see a woman dressed improperly?" Well, sir, my eyes bug clean out of my head and my "unit" wiggles and I make a sound like an old-fashioned "oogah" horn. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
Felt like it
  • Love 17
15 hours ago, queenanne said:

A different post I saw elsewhere said that their pastor said it's A-OK to play games that are based on "pattern matching" (which is probably what I was fumbling towards several weeks back when I nutshelled "Christians don't believe in probability" – no science whiz am I, so I'll bow to the unnamed minister's interpretation of benign game theory)

The pattern matching thing might explain why my former church was big into Rummikub (which I still like to play), it's like domino's but matches numbers and colors.  It never really made sense to me because you can screw over the other players big time and block them once you figure out what sequences they're going for and that cut-throat, competitive approach seems the opposite of good clean fun.

I hope Jinger and Jer are playing cards in their down time and calling the game "Gin" instead of just Rummy, games of chance named after booze would make JB's head explode and anything that does that is fine by me

Side note:  First time I typed this auto correct moved the S and changed "cards in their" to "card sin their", apparently my computer is fundie and knows cards are evil and sinful.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Side note:  First time I typed this auto correct moved the S and changed "cards in their" to "card sin their", apparently my computer is fundie and knows cards are evil and sinful.

Mine changes 'fundies' to 'fun dies' so I guess my computer is some sort of heathen.  ?

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

Mine changes 'fundies' to 'fun dies' so I guess my computer is some sort of heathen.  ?

Fundies are all about the automatic condemnation of anything remotely resembling fun. They are all about being killjoys.

• Love 5

I'm just imagining Bin's questions written on torn off pages from a notebook in bad cursive, he probably took out his thesaurus and used big words like majestic and eloquent. His only income was from a failed windshield wiper business but he had a heart for ministry and Dim Bob aproved?! 

I bet all Jeremy had to write was "I am a preacher" and Blob would have handed Jinger over right then.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sadly, my autocorrect knows me too well and suggests "fundies." Should I get a new phone? ?

Perhaps you should look into conversion software.  ?

Edited by Genevrier
  • Love 6

At least he seems to put some effort into life.  I'm hoping it isn't any kind of celebration of an impending blessing.  I was hoping they'd hold out for a year or even 18 months.

• Love 9

jeremy seems so enchanted with Jinger and I can't figure out why.

I know, I know, you can't explain love but she seems so dull and simple. Jeremy acts like he just discovered electricity. I really don't get it. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Maybe she has a "feisty" side she is allowing to come through now?  One can hope.  Or her meekness enchants him.

I personally think Jeremy is a total nutjob. But he is probably fascinated with her "meekness".

It was her insane testimony video that Ben filmed that got Jeremy all hot and bothered. 

Hahaha!  "Fiesty"  yeah maybe.  I doubt it.  I'm sure she is enjoying herself but Jinger lets Jeremy do whatever he wants and he gets all charged up over that too.  OK, that's as far as I'm going with that. Yuck. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

There are 3 roses, just saying.

I noticed that too! I mean, it's a sweet gesture, but I'm not sure three roses warranted a pre-planned trip to the restaurant to stash them in the manager's office. Hell, my high school boyfriend sprang for better arrangements than that. You're 30, Jer, time to step your game up a little.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Spur of the moment surprise or an "I'm so happy we are having a baby" surprise?

Maybe it's just a gesture to say 'I love you, you're special, don't pay any attention to all these people who are trying to pressure you into having a baby ASAP'?

34 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I know, I know, you can't explain love but she seems so dull and simple. Jeremy acts like he just discovered electricity. I really don't get it. 

Well they are in the legit honeymoon stage, and they dated/courted for about five minutes, so I get that they're still lovey Dovey.

Also - I've said it before - Jinger knows better than any of them how to 'manage' the situation to her benefit. She's not a bossy Dumb ass like Jill, steamroller like Jessa or a pouted like Jana, but jinger gives that vibe like she can pull strings to be fit her without the Puppeteer even having a clue he isn't in control. Not insinuating she's freaky, either, just knows how to manage situations to her benefit, or 'judiciously appeal' or whatever they call it.

• Love 6

Not with JereME. Everything he does has INTENTION behind it. Especially THREE yellow roses. Of course, People will have to be alerted to craft the formal announcement for Monday ratings of the stupid clipshow. Although I imagine the Inquisitr and all the other usual suspects will be on the speculation train sometime this weekend, once they finally see Jinger's post. I think I'm going to screenshot the three roses for posterity's sake, just in case she takes the post down. People were already speculating on it. 

• Love 4

Maybe they're just jealous of the screeds of speculations arising from the post-Sammy silence. Pregnancy hints would push them back into the limelight.

Funny that the idea of them just being a loving, newly married couple doesn't immediately spring to mind. I hope that's it! Their smiles always seem more genuine to me than the average pasted-on Duggar countenance.

• Love 6
Just now, Genevrier said:

Father, son, holy ghost? 

Beat me to it.

Yellow roses, for caution? For the record I never believed she took birth control. Gotta make hay (money and publicity) while the sun shines with a baby. Jill and Jessa have discharged their yearly obligation. Now Joy and Jin can announce and get lots of tips from their loving family. Gag.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Why do we think Jinger's expecting? Where is this photo of roses posted?

There are several pictures embedded in Jinger's post. Hover your cursor on the far right, in the middle, and an arrow will pop up for you to scroll through. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Not with JereME. Everything he does has INTENTION behind it. Especially THREE yellow roses. Of course, People will have to be alerted to craft the formal announcement for Monday ratings of the stupid clipshow. Although I imagine the Inquisitr and all the other usual suspects will be on the speculation train sometime this weekend, once they finally see Jinger's post. I think I'm going to screenshot the three roses for posterity's sake, just in case she takes the post down. People were already speculating on it. 

On one hand, maybe he's too cheap to go for a full dozen for just a random day, on the other hand, I sorta wouldn't be mad if he's stealing Jilly's thunder with a baby announcement.

• Love 4

I'm hoping he walked into the flower shop, thought Jinger would like that arrangement, and bought it. Nothing special, just spur of the moment to make his wife happy.

• Love 19

That picture is from an article that is on People magazine's website, "Jinger Duggar Gushes About Thoughtful Husband, Jeremy".  I found this paragraph rather interesting:

Though the pair doesn’t have their sights set on having children just yet, they have given themselves a challenge to master together in 2017.

“I think what we’re looking forward to in 2017 just obviously being established in Laredo and I think we want to learn Spanish,” Jeremy revealed, and added of their reasoning, “because there’s a lot of Spanish speakers where we are. And so that might be one of the first challenges as a newly married couple: to learn a new language together.”

I guess this means she is not pregnant. 

• Love 10
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

That picture is from an article that is on People magazine's website, "Jinger Duggar Gushes About Thoughtful Husband, Jeremy".  I found this paragraph rather interesting:

I guess this means she is not pregnant. 

What Jeremy said is a direct quote from the show (edit: from months ago), and the picture came from Jinger's Instagram post. People didn't originate it. It's all rehashed BS. As I predicted, the magazines would find the pictures at some point this weekend. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, babyhouseman said:
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:24 PM, Portia said:

This reminds me of when my grandmother and her friend were staying at the hospital with my sick grandfather. They played cards to pass the time. Their Baptist minister came in to the room, and the friend hid the cards underneath her, afraid they were sinning. The pastor was fine with it as long as it wasn't gambling. The friend would've been around 70 at the time and this was 30 years ago. 

In Victorian times, they used cards as a learning tool. One set of popular cards were famous authors. I heard the story of a grandmother who was very against cards and gambling, but was found playing a game of authors with Whittiers wild. There's always a way...

• Love 4

As a Dugger, all Jinger really needs to learn in Spanish are the words "like" and "totally", plus the phrase "ya know".....That should cover pretty much all of her conversational needs.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Marigold said:

Ha. I love this comment!  

At least his surprise was a bit better than D Wreck's handing Jill a bowl of yogurt or a bottle of chocolate milk. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, awaken said:

And what do they need a special, advertised date night for when all they do is hang out together 24/7? 

This is why I'm suspicious. My hubby is off next week. Since he works nights and weekends, we never get to go out to dinner (he's off Mon/Tues when most places are closed). Guess what I WON'T be doing? Advertising it on social media, other than possibly the location. Maybe a picture of the food if it's magical. NO lovey dovey, kissy kissy stuff. We can restrain ourselves until we get home. :D

• Love 9