Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I want to thank God for the fact he told my heathen heart to cancel my cable in June, so I cannot watch this drivel. He has answer my heathen prayers. I hope I am a Godly example to the rest of the heathens. Now I will take my heathen heart and mind to the Prayer Closet.

The Ashley is reporting that Jinger will move to Laredo to be the pastor's wife, since Jeremy will maintain his work there. She said she is excited to "move to be with her best friend" or some such nonsense 

• Love 4

Hah!!!! they gave been reading our forum.

No parking  lot reception with 1000 of your closest friends! since its family and close friends and they are choosing their guests. No doubt the Bateseses will be there, but it looks like  The Rodriguii won't make the cut.  They're almost up to 60 just with Duggars and Bates plus their extended.  This doesn't even include Jeremy's fam.

Aaaaaand they're planning to use a real caterer by the look of the cake tasting shot, so no Sierra.

The Duggaloo nuptials might be classy after all!

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 4

Yes, I was surprised at them going for the cake tasting. I wonder what's different? Jinger, TLC or Jeremy? It might be an interesting wedding afterall.

Does Jeremy have any sisters?

Edited by Catlyn
adding the question
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Catlyn said:

Yes, I was surprised at them going for the cake tasting. I wonder what's different? Jinger, TLC or Jeremy? It might be an interesting wedding afterall.

Does Jeremy have any sisters?

He has one! I don't know her name or anything, but she's like super pretty, tbh.

I am glad she moving away!! Run Jinjer!

Also...her hair just looks soooo bad in all of those shots. Girlfriend should have spent the $40 dollars it would have cost for her to get a blow out. Seriously

• Love 7

Don't get too excited. Judging by the background, that cake tasting took place during the engagement trip to NYC, which means it was done for filming purposes only. Much like Jill's "princess treatment" bridal experience at that dress shop in DC. 

My prediction is the reception will only be slightly less tacky than Jessa's Frozen Tundra Ice Cream Social.

• Love 8

One way to get away from a Duggar traditional wedding would be to have it in the Philly/New York area.  Wasn't there a rumor about that?  It's no big deal for the Duggars or the Bates to head up there but it would stop a bunch of the other regulars I would think.

• Love 1

Jill R and her brew will surely be the wedding crashers......she has children to marry off and needs to feed them so I'm sure she will make her own invite.

Can't wait to find out the date. I'm glad to hear that Jinger might be having a classy wedding. I've been to many Italian weddings and none have reached 1,000 people. Hopefully she will have a lovely reception and marry her "dream man" ride off into the sunset without her krazy family tagging along.

• Love 4

Hope this posts correctly. It's showing a weird error in the bottom of the box.

I wonder what intimate means to these folks. The Duggars alone are 21, plus Anna and the 4 Ms, Derick & Izzy, Ben & Spurgeon, and grandma, Deanna, Amy & whats-his-name - total 34. Sierra is a party of 6. The Bates are a party of about 30. I know of at least one other Fundy family that they're 'close' with - the one who owns, uhm, is it Tabitha? Will Derick's & Ben's families be included? They could get near 100 people with just those folks.

I'm sure Jeremy has extended family and maybe a few friends as well. I can't see this being under 250 guests, and to me that is not intimate.

• Love 5

By Duggar standards, anything under 500 would be "intimate".  

Methinks that Jeremy put his foot down with the previous two weddings in mind.  He was raised in a very different manner from Jinger, and his family would be expecting something very different from a parking lot ice cream social and post- wedding hot dogs at the TTH.  His family seems much more classy and refined.  

• Love 4

At the end of the day though it's all going to come down to how much Boob and TLC are willing to spend. I can't see vendors tripping over themselves to give them freebies, especially in the wake of Joshgates, plural. A real, sit-down dinner reception is still going to be costly, even in Bumblefuck, Arkansas. Jeremy may WANT a traditional, Italian style wedding, but I don't think he'll get it unless the Vuolos kick in some cash.

• Love 4

I have a feeling they would pay for some of it, especially if they are expecting a certain level of reception. 

If I remember correctly, the budgets for Jill and Jessa's weddings was $20,000 each.  This article says that the "typical" Duggar wedding costs between $10,000 and $20,000 (according to Jim Bob).  

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/47258/20150217/jessa-duggar-wedding-spoiler-money-saving-plans-and-shocking-baby-news-on-season-10-of-19-kids-and-counting.htm

If Jinger was to do some shopping around, I'm sure she could have a nice wedding at a normal-sized church and a nice dinner afterward for 300 guests for $20,000 or less.  A nice banquet hall will include linens and simple centerpieces (candles) with the hall rental, so that wouldn't need to be an expense unless they wanted it to be.  And there would be no open bar (soft drinks and coffee are often included with catering costs) or DJ, so no expense there.  It could be done without help from the Vuolos.  

• Love 1

There's no way Jinger could have a 300 guest wedding for 20k and actually serve food, unless they got some serious comps.  If they pay real prices, just the rental of a separate church and reception venue would take at least 80% of that budget.  I think Jinger could probably pull off an 18 and older wedding though to keep the numbers down.

The only way she gets a blowout wedding with food and all the guests is if the Vuolo's pay for it or Jim Bob thinks it will re-darling the family with America.  Option 2 doesn't seem to be working out so far so the Vuolo's better open their wallets.

Edited by Saytura
  • Love 1

I'm in the Philadelphia area and the bare minimum for a sit down reception is at least 50 dollars, plus tax and gratuity. If there is no alcohol it will save some money but most weddings run quite a bit higher in this area. It might be a little cheaper if they rented a fire hall and hired a caterer but I still don't see the Duggars springing for a big dinner. I guess there also wouldn't be any music either so that would probably save $1000. 

• Love 2

http://www.valuepenguin.com/average-cost-of-wedding

The Average Cost of a Wedding (by State)

"Depending on where you get married the cost of your wedding can vary significantly from the national average of$29,858. Our table below shows the states (and areas of the state where applicable) in alphabetical order. To arrive at the "Average Wedding Cost" figure, we took our cost per guest and multiplied it times the average wedding guests nationwide (140)."

Arkansas$133- per guest, total $18,596 and that is including everything from engagement ring & invitations to ceremony & reception.

I'm fairly certain Jin/Jer's wedding will have more than 140 people, but that is the average. Like many posters said, they can rent a hall and hire a caterer at lower costs, no band/DJ, no alcohol, and with friends doing the cake, decorations and photography, I think they could probably pull off a wedding for 250 guests for $20,000.

• Love 3

Jinger's manicure in the ring pic. - press on nails you can buy for under 10 bucks.  I now, I've used them and they are convenient because they are short.  They have some really gorgeous designs and longer versions as well that I prefer but between dishes and housework they fall off more easily so I wear them less frequently. Anyway, my point is it looks like Jinger is going for the simple/meek look for now - but it seems more classic and tasteful than Jessa or Jill.  I'm guessing that she will have a wedding that is simple but tasteful, with an actual classic somewhat refined sit down dinner.  Since the bride's father - traditionally pays for the wedding she'll have to get into JB's wallet for funding and the best way to do that is for Jeremeek to expect whatever TLC is paying for the show to go to them and not JB.  A lot of couples in modern times pay for their own weddings.  I don't think Jinger and Jeremy are going to settle for ice cream in the parking lot and I think Jeremy's family would be horrified and embarrassed to invite guests to that kind of reception.  Ben and Derick were much more passive in JB's control than is Jeremy.  I also don't think we'll be seeing a tacky gift registry going up.  A registry perhaps, but it will be moderate and not brazenly greedy.

• Love 7

Those shitty weddings cost 20k apiece?! My mind is boggled. 

Huh??? How???  I was thinking 3-4 k total.  Wow!??

They have some really gorgeous designs and longer versions as well that I prefer but between dishes and housework they fall off more easily 

Therein lies the rub, defrauder.  I assume that you actually WORK and don't rely on the TLC dole.

• Love 5

Maybe the intimate part is KJB's idea because he doesn't want to spend a fortune and he realizes they can't get away with melted ice cream and a parking lot reception.  I'm not sure how they go about uninviting the hoards that expect to be included--maybe the date will be a secret!  I expect that KJB knows he has to aim higher with the Vuolos.

• Love 1

All in all I find Jinger more likable than Jessa and Jill.  I think she's less conceited and although she has been forced to drink the Gothard/Duggar koolaid she seems less judgmental than her older sisters.  A bit more authentic too.  I hope her wedding and reception are more classy than the previous Duggar weddings for her sake.  Now marrying Jeremy she'll have to be the meek submissive type wife - but he may give her more leeway on the clothing restrictions and may even 'encourage' her to pursue her photography even if it's only photographing church events.  She seems to have avoided the Duggar 'greater than thou' genes. Taking after her grandparents more than her parents.   Glad too that she's not going to be under JB's thumb all of the time in one of his houses after the wedding. So long JB, nice knowing you.

1 minute ago, Defrauder said:

Edited by Defrauder
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

http://www.valuepenguin.com/average-cost-of-wedding

Arkansas$133- per guest, total $18,596 and that is including everything from engagement ring & invitations to ceremony & reception.

I'm fairly certain Jin/Jer's wedding will have more than 140 people, but that is the average. Like many posters said, they can rent a hall and hire a caterer at lower costs, no band/DJ, no alcohol, and with friends doing the cake, decorations and photography, I think they could probably pull off a wedding for 250 guests for $20,000.

Or they can just make Jana cook all the food. She's not busy doing anything.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Huh??? How???  I was thinking 3-4 k total.  Wow!??

Who new miniature generic-ingredient rootbeer floats were so pricey?

Although the bolts of cloth to construct all those modesty adornments for the 45 attendants probably ran up the totals a bit.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
On 8/17/2016 at 2:42 PM, Sew Sumi said:

IMHO, YMMV, I'm old and cranky...

This guy is a former pro soccer player and he could only come up with a .75 carat engagement ring? Really? It's lovely, but it should be a carat unless he is an absolute cheapskate.

Then again, I'm going with "absolute cheapskate" FTW.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Those shitty weddings cost 20k apiece?! My mind is boggled. 

I have one thing to say to Kim Jong Boob: Show me the receipts, you cheap, grifting SOB. With the sheer amount of product placement, TLC assuming production costs and the fact they didn't even pay for the melted ice cream, they probably forked out a lot less than any of us can imagine. The only thing they probably paid for themselves was the after-wedding BBQ at the TTH and that's questionable as well. 

Benessa's fabulous European honeymoon: Comped.

I know we're all thinking that KJB will take it down a notch with the Vuolos. He won't. He thinks they're lucky to be joining HIS family. One has to think there have already been some mighty struggles over the wedding date, where the wedding is being held, the guest list, and the knock-down, drag-out over the fact the Vuolos most likely expect a traditional (i.e., dinner) reception and the Duggars are leaning on TLC to underwrite it.

I'm waiting for this gift registry like a kid waits for Christmas morning.

It would be nice to think that Jinger will get any say in this, but she hasn't had consideration in that household before -- why would it start now?

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

This guy is a former pro soccer player and he could only come up with a .75 carat engagement ring? Really? It's lovely, but it should be a carat unless he is an absolute cheapskate.

A carat wouldn't be meek, just like Jinger.

Took my son for a haircut today & had some time to kill. Luckily the salon had the US JinJer issue (bc I would never actually purchase it). Jer claims he knew the instant he saw the ring, that was the ring for Jin and daddy KJB & Bin agreed.

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 2

Jeremy only played a year of pro soccer. He made a little money but he was hardly on "balling out of control" status like a Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi. He hasn't had a real job since then, so most of his savings have probably been depleted. I do agree it seems totally random to go for a .75 carat over a 1.0 though. The price difference couldn't have been all that much.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 2

Yeah, that ring is nothing special.  I feel bad for Jinger because she was the one some of us  had our hopes on; the one who would get out and make something out of herself.  Honestly, I think that these kids are so brainwashed that there may be no hope for her or any of the girls. 

• Love 7

this is just my opinion, being that I have no facts to go on, but, we like to think of one or more of them breaking away because we are looking at it from our perspective.  But from their perspective, I am thinking they wouldn't touch our lives with a ten foot pole.  Too scary we must seem to them.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

He hasn't had a real job since then, so most of his savings have probably been depleted. I do agree it seems totally random to go for a .75 carat over a 1.0 though. The price difference couldn't have been all that much.

I know it's cheaper to buy less than a carat, but if he's in that kind of financial situation, why the hell is he getting married in the first place? We know a guy who worked a second job (parking cars at an upscale restaurant in Seattle) for several months so he could buy his fiancee a one-carat solitaire. 

I realize most people probably don't care, but it says something about the guys KJB is picking out for his daughters. Instead of waiting until they have good jobs and are somewhat financially established, they must marry IMMEDIATELY and will never be on firm financial footing due to the fact they don't practice birth control and have babies nine months after the wedding.

GRRRRR.

• Love 4

I think it's lovely and tasteful, but then, when the (now ex-)husband and I went to pick out my ring, I was deliberately looking for small stones. He went in worried I'd want something massive and expensive and ended up with fretful man pride because I picked something right around 0.3 carats. Heh. 

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 10

Wouldn't Jeremy be paid as a pastor?  I don't think I've seen anything that says that he does that work for free.  The church in Laredo is part of a bigger church in San Antonio that has multiple pastors and deacons listed on their website.  There's no way all those people aren't getting paid.  Depending on how the bigger church is structured, Jeremy may even qualify for health insurance through the church.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

MSL soccer players don't make much money unless they're imported, washed-up stars from Europe (see Beckham, David). I doubt he made much in Finland, and made even less on the minor league team in San Antonio where his career ended. With TLC around, sad sack BEN is making more money than Jer at this point. Well,  until he and Jinger got paid for the People  and US spread at any rate...wonder how they divided up that moneyed?

Edited by Sew Sumi
didn't realize they got a spread in US Weekly, too!
  • Love 3