Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Hasn't Jinger gotten the pop-your-eyebrows memo? Her smiles usually seem forced, to me.

Got a kick out of the Vuolo mom/daughter concert pic. It looked like they were actually having, dare I say, fun. And it looked like they knew how to play.

Jeremy still makes me cringe.

• Love 2

What's even the POINT of the second picture? I mean, I don't much see the point of posting the first one either...someone evidently wanted their photo taken with them and this was the only way to share? But the second picture is a poor excuse for a selfie with an even worse background setting. Even without JB&M.

• Love 4

She is buying supplies for the wedding?  POM juice is expensive.  Michelle is wearing the same yellow blouse she wore at the party for Jenni/Jill.  With her witch shoes, of course. Jinger is still banana curling/torturing her hair ala Gothard-Approved style.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, louannems said:

She is buying supplies for the wedding? POM juice is expensive.  Michelle is wearing the same yellow blouse she wore at the party for Jenni/Jill.  With her witch shoes, of course. Jinger is still banana curling/torturing her hair ala Gothard-Approved style.

Bolding mine.

And POM is also kind of an acquired taste. Maybe they figure more left for them after the festivities?

Silly me, I never considered shopping in Walmart to be a Kodak moment.

• Love 1

I think the POM juice is probably for Michelle. The wedding guests will get the standard powdered lemonade.

It's interesting that there's no joint Instagram account or announcement of a wedding date. If Jinger wants free shit, she's going to have to start building her fan base.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think the POM juice is probably for Michelle. The wedding guests will get the standard powdered lemonade.

It's interesting that there's no joint Instagram account or announcement of a wedding date. If Jinger wants free shit, she's going to have to start building her fan base.

Maybe they are waiting for the "engagement" episode to air before the gift registry goes live. Or maybe Jinger will be different from her greedy sisters, and not have a public registry at all. OTOH, she's 100% Duggar. Hmm.

I wonder if Jinger will follow her older sisters' lead, or if she will be different, and not have public SM accounts at all. Maybe she just doesn't want the hassle (you have to be thick-skinned to handle the inevitable negative comments, spite, and spam those accounts will generate). Or  maybe she will leave all that stuff to be handled by her new headship. The meek thing, ya know.

11 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm not sure that's pom juice...Pom something else. The juice logo has a heart-shaped "O" in it. 

I looked it up on the store website. It's POM brand toilet paper.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, louannems said:

She is buying supplies for the wedding?  POM juice is expensive.  Michelle is wearing the same yellow blouse she wore at the party for Jenni/Jill.  With her witch shoes, of course. Jinger is still banana curling/torturing her hair ala Gothard-Approved style.

No, no, Pom is a cheap brand of toilet paper, usually purchased by businesses.  Dad brought some home once, when I was a kid and we all revolted since we were used to Charmin.  No kidding, it felt like sandpaper. Maybe it's softer nowadays.  Cheap TP might explain the Fundy misery face, but good TP is getting really expensive...nobody is going to be able to afford to wipe their bums soon enough.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, louannems said:

This POM is toilet paper.     http://www.samsclub.com/sams/pom-2ply-bath-tissue-45-roll-473-sheet/prod14270688.ip    

45 rolls for $24.86.  ..... I thought they'd buy used and save the difference, though.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

It finally happened. We are talking about what type of toilet paper the Duggars use.

Proves how inspirational they are.

Or should I say aspirational...

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

OK so they take a picture of the cheap toilet paper they buy in bulk for absolutely no reason? Nope not falling for it.  Trying to show everyone how 'thrifty' they are.  Donate to us! Send us money!  Buy us things - Jinger is getting married don't forget her and her soon to be registry!   I bet you they left the cart there and went to some other store and bought higher end supplies.

• Love 2

Nothing yet. Based on the 2 1/2 - 3 month plan used by her siblings, we're looking at mid-late October, but no later so as not to infringe on all of Jessa's Very Special Dates in early November. Hopefully no one will be freezing in the inevitable parking lot  reception THIS time. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

some gossip site said they were planning a wedding in NYC.

I think that is very possible because Jeremy is from PA and has family in NJ.  Plus, it would be "different" and draw in more viewers than yet another parking lot wedding with no food. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Plus, it would be "different" and draw in more viewers than yet another parking lot wedding with no food. 

It could still be a parking lot wedding with no food. :D

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, Marigold said:

some gossip site said they were planning a wedding in NYC.

I think that is very possible because Jeremy is from PA and has family in NJ.  Plus, it would be "different" and draw in more viewers than yet another parking lot wedding with no food. 

They could never book a venue in NYC with just 2-3 months' notice. I don't even think they could book 6 months to a year ahead most places, both churches and parking lots in Jersey to hold the reception (although fundies seem fond of not changing venues). 

• Love 2

I'm not going to throw shade at anyone for using single-ply TP. It's  easier on your plumbing and far more biodegradable. We have a big old house with temperamental plumbing, and if I bought Charmin, my husband would have four heart attacks. It's like flushing a wash cloth! 

That being said, who the effing eff posts pics of their paper product purchases on social media? Words fail me.

Edited by Portia
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Well, the POM tp is probably scraping the bottoms....

My late father grew up between Manchester and Liverpool. He told me  that Scousers called TP "Bum fodder for the bum!

Maybe the toilet paper is to make wedding decorations and festoon everything?

On Wednesday, August 03, 2016 at 7:55 AM, Churchhoney said:

And apparently this brings in a million viewers. That's on a list somewhere with other inexplicable but troubling facts about the universe.

Don't people get bored?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Portia said:

I'm not going to throw shade at anyone for using single-ply TP. It's  easier on your plumbing and far more biodegradable. We have a big old house with temperamental plumbing, and if I bought Charmin, my husband would have four heart attacks. Its like flushing a wash cloth! 

That being said, who the effing eff posts pics of their paper product purchases on social media? Words fail me.

I knew it couldn't be POM juice. I was hoping it was adult diapers...devil-heart-fortress. 

• Love 1

Hey, Mechelle COULD wear them! Who knows what she's hiding under those frumpy skirts? Her bladder/urethra must be toast by now, unless she knows what Kegel exercises are and has been doing them faithfully for the last 25 years. 

If they have a typical Duggar 1000 invite wedding, NYC wouldn't be very practical for their guests. Somewhere in NY maybe, but I don't see how all their Fundy friends would be able to find/afford parking in the city, never mind the cost of staying there for a night or two.

I'm betting the wedding will be in Arkansas, although New England is beautiful in the fall, CT would be at its peak in October. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Portia said:

I'm not going to throw shade at anyone for using single-ply TP. It's  easier on your plumbing and far more biodegradable. We have a big old house with temperamental plumbing, and if I bought Charmin, my husband would have four heart attacks. It's like flushing a wash cloth! 

Exactly. I buy BJ's brand or Scott's 1-ply because our septic system is a bit temperamental. But it would never occur to me to post pictures of it on Facebook.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Exactly. I buy BJ's brand or Scott's 1-ply because our septic system is a bit temperamental. But it would never occur to me to post pictures of it on Facebook.

But then you probably wouldn't post your menstrual-cycle calendar on the fridge, either. The Duggars are just a postin' kind of family. They're not tv people, though. They're very modest. And private.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
8 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

My late father grew up between Manchester and Liverpool. He told me  that Scousers called TP "Bum fodder for the bum!

Maybe the toilet paper is to make wedding decorations and festoon everything?

You have a point about the wedding decorations.  I remember them making some flowery looking things out of a  roll of toilet paper wrapped up in tissue paper.  I think it was at Anna's baby shower for Mack.  IIRC, MEchelle & the girls showed us how to make them.  I don't know if they would be Sierra approved now.

It will be interesting to see what the theme of their wedding will be - another Shabby Chic so they can reuse the decorations they already have?

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm not sure that's pom juice...Pom something else. The juice logo has a heart-shaped "O" in it. 

It's TP. Seems like one box is not enough for all those people and two houses with multiple bathrooms.

• Love 1

Seems like the second picture is a lame attempt to drum up some nostalgia for the good ol' pop-up days. The Duggars consume 180 pounds of cheese per week. The Duggars do nine loads of laundry per day. You can fit all the Duggars inside Jacksonville. Etc.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Aja said:

Seems like the second picture is a lame attempt to drum up some nostalgia for the good ol' pop-up days. The Duggars consume 180 pounds of cheese per week. The Duggars do nine loads of laundry per day. You can fit all the Duggars inside Jacksonville. Etc.

I thought that too. I confess: for a minute I started trying to estimate how many rolls of TP the TTH household uses in a week. Fortunately I snapped out of it quickly.

But, are you sure all the Duggars can fit inside Jacksonville? Heh.

Edited by Jeeves
Jacksonville
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Aja said:

That is too funny!

Maybe they're trying to court some new advertisers for their crappy show so they're reaching out to toilet paper companies?

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Too bad they were never honest pop-ups: "Jana cries at night."  "Josh Duggar has molested 27% of his siblings."

Dying!

18 minutes ago, Defrauder said:

Maybe they're trying to court some new advertisers for their crappy show so they're reaching out to toilet paper companies?

Single-ply dying!

• Love 9