Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Can someone explain to me why that video was necessary?   Everyone is "excited" after becoming engaged... not just Duggar's.   We kind of assumed you were excited, ya know, cuz we aren't stupid.

I think Descartes said it best: "I appear on video. Therefore I am."

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

13895319_966704913428318_473440648242367

This is from Pickles. Facebook may delete it. 

Jeremy is wearing a shirt from the "Royal Toddler" Prince George collection.   

I'm still trying to figure out what collection that skimpy blue engagement shirt was from. So far best guess is the "I Shrank It In the Wash But It Was Ugly Anyway" collection. Although I fear it'd have to be "She Shrank It In the Wash..."

Edited by Churchhoney
9 minutes ago, louannems said:

Now that JINGER gets her time in the spotlight, showing off her engagement ring to the whole world, guess what?  Yes, now Jessa and Jill have THEIR ring photos up on Facebook, too.  Why can't they let Jinger get some attention without bringing the attention back to them???

I just perused their FB page after reading your comment, and Jeremy's Grandparents made a congratulations video?! Seriously? The Vuolos are giving Marjorie Jackson a run for her money in the shamelessly self-promoting famewhore department. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I just perused their FB page after reading your comment, and Jeremy's Grandparents made a congratulations video?! Seriously? The Vuolos are giving Marjorie Jackson a run for her money in the shamelessly self-promoting famewhore department. 

Perhaps because the real-life Duggars would have absolutely no personal appeal to anyone who isn't a desperate famewhore? I do expect that's the case.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

He looks like he is lecturing her - not a happy look. 

"That slut in front of me in cut offs is stirring up some stuff. It's her fault you're getting yelled at. I can't believe she'd come to church like that!"

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, louannems said:

Those are some short shorts on that gal!  Nike!

I was going to ask, who's the ho in the shorts?

Also, a very ugly look on Mr. V's face, no? 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

13895319_966704913428318_473440648242367

This is from Pickles. Facebook may delete it. 

Jeremy is wearing a shirt from the "Royal Toddler" Prince George collection.   

Any clues as to where this was taken? Maybe Daddy's church?

I think Mr Vuolo's facial expression is just him telling a story or something, and Jinger is just smiling politely and shuffling her food around.

I like that the church offers an alternative to casseroles. Are those perhaps sandwiches with gabbagool?

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

Is Jinger wearing her ring? Im reading on my phone & can't enlarge the pic enough to clearly see but it appears she isn't.

These photos were apparently from the 23rd, they weren't engaged until the 26th. 

• Love 1

Glad you grabbed the pic, Koka, since it looks like they took Pickles' pics down tout de suite. 

She also says that while this shindig wasn't filmed, they did film Jinger "learning" to "cook" (suspending disbelief) Italian red sauce. 

Given that we have never seen Jessa make Ben's favorites, shown to her by his sisters, I doubt Jeremy is ever getting pasta. CARBS!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!!!

• Love 2

(Also, who paints a ceiling gloss?)

It's ideal for better TV lighting for filming. Same reason streets are always wet at night in movies. Not a tv family, though.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

These photos were apparently from the 23rd, they weren't engaged until the 26th. 

Understood. I was referring to this board's theory that Jinger had been engaged for a while before the People shoot and was hiding her hand. Either Jinger had the presence of mind not to wear her ring at the church hall or we were wrong.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

Understood. I was referring to this board's theory that Jinger had been engaged for a while before the People shoot and was hiding her hand. Either Jinger had the presence of mind not to wear her ring at the church hall or we were wrong.

I definitely think they were as good as engaged up until the official engagement. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She also says that while this shindig wasn't filmed, they did film Jinger "learning" to "cook" (suspending disbelief) Italian red sauce. 

Note to the TLC producers: Jinger tossing clumsily chopped vegetables into a saucepan full of Ragu is not authentic Italian red sauce. 

So it looks like they're just recycling tired plot lines yet again. Jinger learns the fine art of catering to her man by making his favorite dishes. Well, if Jeremy can convince Jinger to eat a decent meal, this may not be a bad thing.

• Love 4

Ewww MEchelle and her crunchy hair. We need the tree back to make these pictures better and more viewable.

Jinger looks happy like she won a prize. I'm sure it's a relief that she isn't going to be stuck with one of the weirder fundie men out there. 

Another random thought, the engagement was a reenactment, and she went to NY to Kleinfeld's for her free dress. The wedding is already planned and all we have to do is sit and speculate on the date. Do they have a website like Jeremy loves Jinger yet? The Knot webpage anything we can stalk?

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Who's the girl in the floral skirt? She's really pretty.

I'm praying she's a bridesmaid just so I can watch Jessa seethe with jealousy.

I'm pretty sure that's Jeremy's sister, Valerie. I guess the guy is her BF, since, as Koka noted, the brother looks like Francis Ford Coppola. 

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure that's Jeremy's sister, Valerie.

I was going to ask the same question because she looks like she could be Jinger's sister. Jinge really looks nothing like the other Duggar kids.

• Love 1

My, MEchelle has shrunk. In pic #7 she is the same size as the little girls. Btw, MEchelle is standing next to a girl wearing boys clothes (jeans & workboots). How very tolerant of her (sarcasm)

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, louannems said:

Somewhere on utube, I watched the Duggar older girls speaking words of godly encouragement to other girls at some church.  Michelle WAS sitting front and center and she WAS mouthing Gothard speak to her daughters!

I'm pretty sure i've seen her do this as well, but it was during a TV interview to promote the girls book. And when the camera panned to Michelle she looked so anxious that they would say something that wasn't Gothard approved. Except when Jill was speaking, she must have a great memory because she never has a problem remembering her lines!

I wonder if she sits and watches all the kids while they do their talking heads for the show to make sure they don't say anything out of line?

Edited by larfs
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Micks Picks said:

Old Derick is going to look like a shrimp next to Jeremy.

Jill will not be pleased.

He like totally had other girlfriends too. Just smell his finger Jeremy!

• Love 2

Oh, the claws are definitely going to come out with this courtship and it's going to be delicious! Jinger got the best looking man and the nicest engagement ring. Jessa is NOT going to let that slide. I'm picturing all sorts of passive-aggressive digs and attempts to steal the spotlight. I also can't wait to see the Fundie Beta Male dick measuring contest when they engage in a pre-wedding soccer game. Maybe this season won't be so boring after all....

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Two "super exciteds," two references to God, and one mention of Jeremy's name near the end. With "ums," and clear evidence they skipped grammar at the SOTDRT. All in 17 seconds. Yes, I did take the time to transcribe this. Here ya go:

I just wanted to say, um, that I am super excited that I am engaged. Um. This season of life is incredible. Um. God has answered prayers all along the way and I'm just super excited to see where he's going to lead Jeremy and I in the future.

^^^and it should be "...where he's going to lead Jeremy and ME in the future" (pet peeve of mine, even though so many people make this mistake, including professional speakers - and I'm sure I make it too)

• Love 12

I don't watch this show; I just occasionally peek in the threads in the hope that I'll find out one of the kids has been able to leave the compound so to speak. This later set of pictures gives me hope for Jinger. I know the Vuolos still believe in a lot of things I consider retrograde including, apparently, wives being subordinate to the husbands. But Jeremy appears to be close to them; he's implicitly approved by Jinger's family; and the Vuolos also clearly believe in a lot of things that the Duggars don't approve of. I'm seeing pants and shorts and the women having out-of-the-house employment. That's the type of thing that can lead to Jinger questioning what she's been brainwashed to believe and having to really evaluate her beliefs on her own, especially because she's going to be (probably) living far away from JB and Michelle and have the space to do that on her own. 

• Love 4

You know what gives me hope for her. The fact that she hasn't gotten any social media accounts. Maybe that's the way she will escape because her parents don't have access to anything other than her text messages to Jeremy. I really hope they move to Texas.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Oh, the claws are definitely going to come out with this courtship and it's going to be delicious! Jinger got the best looking man and the nicest engagement ring. Jessa is NOT going to let that slide. I'm picturing all sorts of passive-aggressive digs and attempts to steal the spotlight. 

Oh I'm sure Jessa will NEVER let Jin forget who introduced Jer to her. Jessa will hold it over her to the day she dies. That and how glad Jessa is that she married someone who hadn't previously given away 'pieces of their heart' (& Jesus rod). Meow.....

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm still trying to figure out what collection that skimpy blue engagement shirt was from. So far best guess is the "I Shrank It In the Wash But It Was Ugly Anyway" collection. Although I fear it'd have to be "She Shrank It In the Wash..."

Whose thighs are those??? De-fraud. 

42 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Whose thighs are those??? De-fraud. 

She's not young either. That shirt, not to mention her hand, show her age. Time to find some capris. LOL

• Love 4

The video is terrifying. Um, ah, super excited, um, ah, new season of life, um ah, well......

Some of those photos are kind of alright though, she looks happy and is touching him, the shameless hussy

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She's not young either. That shirt, not to mention her hand, show her age. Time to find some capris. LOL

Aaaaa, she was sitting in the massive east coast heat wave. She can wear any pants she wants. After all, I didn't see any actual Duggar men on the site. They seem to be the ones who are absolutely incapable of controlling themselves. Jeremy's sermonizing to the contrary, of course.

• Love 16