Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Finale Special - Check Up With Dr. Drew, Part 2

• Start Topic

(edited)

Still scratching my head over Kail telling her friend why would she bring a baby into the mix when her marriage was not good for two years . Yet, she was pregnant last November. She tells Drew it would not have been good to have a baby because she is in college and wants a career. Yet, she was pregnant last November and planned to announce it on Christmas cards. Girl, did you have drunk sex with Javi? I thought she was on birth control? 

Again, we hear MTV is fucking with the scenes. Isaac said goodbye to Javi at Jo's house. The scene we watched was recreated. I hate how MTV is fucking with Isaac's emotions.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Where did you buy these?  Sounds delicious!

They're McTavish Shortbread (handmade in Portland). Mmmm! I got mine at Lunardi's but I've seen them at Whole Foods and I think World Market. Check out your specialty markets!

A good snack can sometimes make these shows more bearable, though at the same time  the b.s. can ruin appetites. 

• Love 8

These girls are way too young to be messing with their faces like this. Kail's lips couldn't move and everything on Chelsea's face was immobile other than her lips. They were like Goldie Hawn and Meryl Streep in Death Becomes Her.

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

These girls are way too young to be messing with their faces like this. Kail's lips couldn't move and everything on Chelsea's face was immobile other than her lips. They were like Goldie Hawn and Meryl Streep in Death Becomes Her.

Chelsea did look a bit like the Joker to me.  The red hair, the botoxed face and the spider lashes that were clearly a shout out to Amber.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I shall now entertain myself with the mental image of the girls tumbling down the stairs and shattering into a million pieces on the sidewalk.

• Love 2

What makes Kail's Javi-sized lips even uglier is the fact the girl is almost always pouting or frowning. Her lips protrude downward. She seriously looks as if she was punched something fierce in her mouth. 

• Love 6

Sad Panda makes me want to throw things at my TV:

"Chelsea, you're the LAST of the TM2 girls to get engaged!" To me he sure didn't make it seem like that was actually a good thing. And trying to make her feel guilty about keeping some things of her life private. Shut it. 

"Tell Aubree her father has a condition that makes it hard for him to arrive." Oh so lie to the kid? Chels kept repeating she didn't want to lie to her. I don't necessarily agree that she has to tell Aubree EVERYTHING about why Adumb can't make it but don't try to blame it on some made up condition. If he wants to be a father to her, her has to show up to the boring stuff. My husband hates to dance but I know damn well if my daughter wants to go to a daddy/daughter dance he'd be there. You just gotta suck it up. 

"You need to work it out for Isaac." But forget Lincoln right? I do get it, Isaac is a sensitive kid and this is going to be rough for him. But it's not going to be any better to grow up in an angry household with yelling and fighting and passive aggressiveness. And he has a stable father figure (and, at least for now, a stable family in Jo, Vee and ViVi) but Lincoln doesn't have anyone else but those two. I realize he's too young to understand right now but it would have been nice if he at least got considered. 

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Adam is the most spoiled brat on this show. They *made* him, like he's a victim? No, MTV has supported your lazy, child neglecting ass for years. And it's not like they even give him a bad edit.

I think he got a shitty edit.  Chelsea's whole story line was about Chelsea's family trying to brainwash Aubrey into making Cole her new dad and forgetting about her "evil" real dad.  Isn't Cole wonderful?  He plays games, doesn't he?  That's a shitty edit. 

And the school dance story was sketchy on all parts. 

First time Chelsea tells the story:   "Adam never texted me back."  The second time Chelsea tells the story - "Adam texted back and said "great!".  The third time Chelsea tells the story:  "Adam text me back and said he couldn't find the info online."  Instead of being the bigger person and giving Adam the details, Chelsea tells him to call someone else.   So Chelsea has lost all credibility with her story of Adam ignoring her text.  MTV has no credibility because the storyline of Adam not showing up was better than him showing up.  So good for Adam for not engaging in this bullshit. 

And when the good "Dr." tells Chelsea to tell Aubrey that her father has a "condition," I assume Drew is talking about a mental illness.  Good for you Drew calling a mental health problem a condition, setting back years of progress in the mental health field.

Edited by Lemons
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

The father/daughter dance thing was entirely Adam's fault. The fact that he has a penis makes him no less able to look something up and show up to it. 

According to Chelsea, Adam did look it up online and texted her back and said he couldn't find it.  Chelsea still wouldn't give him the date.

• Love 2
(edited)

And why was Drew so worried about how a divorce will affect Isaac? Sure he will be upset but he's got Jo. What about Lincoln?

Two reasons I think: 1. Isaac is older and will have more of a memory of the trauma. Lincoln is younger and more likely to recover easily.

2. Lincoln is Javi's biological son, so they will always have a relationship. Isaac has no bio connection to Javi, so there is no guarantee that he will ever spend any time with him ever again. So it's more of a change to Isaac's life, from having Javi in his life to not having him at all, than it is for Lincoln's life, from having a father in the home to a shared custody situation.

My father had 3 marriages end in divorce, and in many ways, him leaving my two stepmothers was more impactful on me than when he left my mother. Because my mother and my father were both always a part of my life. But my two stepmothers, who were there for my formative years (age 4-14, and 15-22) are completely gone. I never had any contact with them after those divorces.

Granted Isaac will at least see Javi, since Javi will come by to pick up Lincoln or whatnot, but Isaac won't get to spend the same kind of time with Javi that Lincoln will.

Edited by JoannKB
  • Love 6

Adumb's "condition" is, he will show up for the cameras on the condition he gets paid and he gets to show off his gym time.

If I was getting a bad edit, I would make sure not to give MTV anything that I would consider "bad". Where is Heather B (Real World)? She needs to host these damn reunion shows. What a farce.

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, Lemons said:

According to Chelsea, Adam did look it up online and texted her back and said he couldn't find it.  Chelsea still wouldn't give him the date.

Yeah I was confused about this. She said he texted her that he couldn't find it and she said she didn't know when it was either and to call the school. But obviously she did know when it was because she had Aubrey dressed and ready and Cole took her, so how did she find out the date?  

• Love 1

Karl looks terrible. Her lips are stupid and gross. She's wearing too much make up and trying way too hard. She worries about Jo wearing sweats and yet she's covered with tattoos. And with all the MTV money and career goals and her good co parenting with Jo, she looks miserable. Complaining about how hard it is to be married and be on TV, I have a solution for that, don't be on TV!

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I think he got a shitty edit.  Chelsea's whole story line was about Chelsea's family trying to brainwash Aubrey into making Cole her new dad and forgetting about her "evil" real dad.  Isn't Cole wonderful?  He plays games, doesn't he?  That's a shitty edit. 

To me, that doesn't sound like a shitty edit. That sounds like he was a shitty person and it aired on TV. MTV didn't just edit Adam sitting around playing on his phone rather than engaging with his girls. Now I'm not perfect, I do check my phone while I'm with my kids. But I also am with them 24/7. Adam sees his every other weekend and MTV probably only films one of those weekends. If he can't put down his phone for one weekend, for a few hours, while being filmed and at least pretend to be a decent person/father then there is nothing to edit. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a damn duck. 

And it is weird that Chelsea kept changing her story about the text, I'm not sure what that's about, but the bottom line is that Adam didn't show up. He'd rather lift weights. I tend to lean towards the side that thinks Chels shouldn't have to hold Adam's hand and guide him on how to look up a damn date or call a number. She let him know about it (which I think goes beyond what she had to do) and all he had to do was look up the info and show up. He couldn't even do that. I don't blame Chelsea for praising Cole and pushing him a little bit. He was there for that little girl when her own father couldn't be bothered. 

• Love 9

Instead of being the bigger person and giving Adam the details, Chelsea tells him to call someone else.

Nah. She doesn't need to be the bigger person. There could be a hundred different reasons he didn't go - he didn't want to, he didn't know where or when it was, he had a previous lifting thing. Whatever the "reason" is irrelevant. The bottom line is that his child wasn't his priority. And I'm not judging him for that - he can have whatever priorities in his life he wants to have and his kid doesn't necessarily need to be one of them. But there's this certain point for a parent whose child IS their priority that having to be the conduit between the child and the other parent is just fucking exhausting. And I say that as a parent who's partner is very much in the picture and just doesn't prioritize our kids the way that I do. That's not a smear on him, but I learned long ago that I could spoon-feed him every bit of every scheduled activity of their lives - put a calendar on the fridge, text a weekly schedule of their stuff to his phone, and him to the alerts the school sends out, and it didn't matter. He would still only notice the stuff that didn't conflict with his own plans. (Of course this has led to a million fights, but that's a totally other thing). Chelsea is already raising Aubree. She makes the effort to know when and where she needs to be to get her there. It's not her job to do the same for Adam. 

• Love 20

Plus, we never know what Chelsea was doing when Adumb asked her the date. Maybe she was halfway through a grocery errand, or at a stoplight running late to pick up Aubree. It might have been inconvenient to look up the date then and there, and she didn't know it off the top of her head. There's no guarantee she was lounging on the couch when he asked, with all the time in the world to find it out. It's his responsibility. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Goodness, Adam was super twitchy on that couch. I really wonder if they actually forced him to be there. I know this is Adam but if they told him "you have to be here, you're under contract" wouldn't they tell Cory the same thing? I think Adam just didn't want to answer questions so he had a hissy fit instead to deflect. 

Who knows how it really went down....but Cory had a legit excuse with the kids and their softball, or whatever. Adumb's only reasoning was he didn't want to talk to them. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lemons said:

First time Chelsea tells the story:   "Adam never texted me back."  The second time Chelsea tells the story - "Adam texted back and said "great!".  The third time Chelsea tells the story:  "Adam text me back and said he couldn't find the info online."  Instead of being the bigger person and giving Adam the details, Chelsea tells him to call someone else.   So Chelsea has lost all credibility with her story of Adam ignoring her text.  MTV has no credibility because the storyline of Adam not showing up was better than him showing up.  So good for Adam for not engaging in this bullshit. 

The thing is, when Chelsea said he never texted back, that was while they were still filming. I believe she said that to Randy when they went out to eat? She said the part about him responding on the after show, which is filmed after the fact. So I assume he hadn't responded by the time she met with her father, but did so later on. It may have been a little petty of her to not just give him the details, but maybe she's sick of leading him around by the hand just to get him involved. He was quite capable of finding out the information and showing up. And he didn't. That's on no one but himself. 

• Love 12

Yeah Chelsea doesn't have to even tell Adam things, nor should she. Adam and she aren't together and Adam is a grown man who can look up information regarding his children by himself. But Chelsea makes an effort to tell him of events and tells him of things. Which I'm sure has a lot to do with the fact that a camera follows her around. But really Adam should already know of events. But whatever. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Plus, we never know what Chelsea was doing when Adumb asked her the date. Maybe she was halfway through a grocery errand, or at a stoplight running late to pick up Aubree. It might have been inconvenient to look up the date then and there, and she didn't know it off the top of her head. There's no guarantee she was lounging on the couch when he asked, with all the time in the world to find it out. It's his responsibility. 

I thought the same thing. I remember at my kids' school there would be notices going out about future events, but no dates were set. Sometimes I did not get info about the date until three weeks prior. 

Chelsea may have been at work when he called. No matter, it is not unusual to not have the info about a school event until at a later date. 

Are ripped jeans the only pants Kail owns?

Drew is such a jerk. Why does he point out Chelsea is the last to get engaged as if it is necessary for her to be with a guy?

Drew pushing the baby thing with Kail was nauseating. 

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Drew is such a jerk. Why does he point out Chelsea is the last to get engaged as if it is necessary for her to be with a guy?

That really irked me. It was as if he was saying, "Bout damn time Chelsea. Finally, you're not a loser anymore!"

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Lemons said:

And the school dance story was sketchy on all parts. 

And when the good "Dr." tells Chelsea to tell Aubrey that her father has a "condition," I assume Drew is talking about a mental illness.  Good for you Drew calling a mental health problem a condition, setting back years of progress in the mental health field.

A shitty edit called the truth.  Sucks for Adam that the world gets to see how he leaves his daughter high and dry and doesn't even bother letting her know if he is coming because he'd rather lift weights.  That's some fine assholery here, but then again....Adam can always just blame his shitty behavior on the edit.  Sure Adam.  

• Love 9

My daughter's school does not publish event info on their website or give it over the phone.  We experienced a similar situation where we lost the flyer with event details. I tried to call the school secretary and ask for the info over the phone but she wouldn't release it due to security concerns. I had to use the school grades/email software system to email my daughter's teacher to get the event information. My daughter's father is my ex-husband and I've never given him the password to check her grades (he's never asked). I can see how the information could be unavailable to Adam even if he tried --- but knowing Adam - we know he didn't try. 

• Love 5

I can't stand the mysonginistic views about a woman wanting to put her career front and center. I don't blame Kail as she is finishing up college and needs to put her education to use. Men never get called out about that. Javi is a control freak.  Maybe he could give up his career and stay home with a new baby.  How about that Javi?

Adam refusing to answer is his same M.O.  He has always been passive aggressive to the extreme.  He has not grown emotionally at all.  Grow up and be a real father to your daughter. But no, he is poor put upon Adam, always the victim  

• Love 11

Hey Adam, don't like the shitty editing? Then LEAVE THE FUCKING SHOW! Take Leah and Jenelle with you.

I love how Larry called out the lies Adam was spewing about the texts. Hmm. Imagine that. Adam lies. Could he also lie about the texting with Chelsea? You betcha.

Hey Drew, there is plenty to talk about with Chelsea. Ask about her job. Her future business plans. Why not ask her about Pete the pig? I love that pig. 

Just want to point out Chelsea has never ever said Adam never attends Aubree's events. She has mentioned he has been there at various times. Her chief complaints are that he could do better, but he chooses not to and the EMOTIONAL bond is lacking. 

• Love 11
19 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you mean "resign" as in to quit, or re-sign, as in to sign up again, sign another contract...

You think Adam knows a fancy word like resign?  He knows "quit," I am sure, but "resign?"  He never was much for the books and such. (sorry, had to quote Roseanne)

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

You think Adam knows a fancy word like resign?  He knows "quit," I am sure, but "resign?"  He never was much for the books and such. (sorry, had to quote Roseanne)

So maybe it was a stupid question in more ways than one!  You're right - Adumb would never use the word "resign!"

• Love 1
(edited)

Adumb is such a surly, childish, pouty, cranky, joyless, immature piece of crap. And those are his good points.  I'd love to see the show without him.  Most of what we've seen of him this season is him complaining to his "friends" about Chelsea and bragging about how great he is and how he's going get more time with Aubree.  One of his so-called friends didn't even know Aubree's name, yet we're supposed to believe that he's all concerned about Adumb's feelings.  The only episode where I found anything interesting involving him was the dance episode which he wasn't in.  I believe Chelsea that he's only interested in Aubree when the cameras are around.  I wonder if the same is true of Paislee.  She such a mess when she's with him, and he doesn't seem to pay any attention to her.  I worry about her when she's with him.  MTV should give him the boot and fill the extra time with Pete.

I like Randy and I understand why he hates Adam, but I wish he'd chill a little.  Chelsea's in a good place and has a good man.  I admire Randy's loyalty and protectiveness, but I wish he'd would just relax and enjoy her happiness. 

I felt sorry for Kail.  She shouldn't stay in a loveless marriage and have a baby with a man she doesn't love.  Isaac loves Javi, but he loves Jo too and I really think he'll be okay.  I'm not a doctor and even I can figure that out.  Take that, Drew.

I'm so impressed with the maturity that Chelsea and Jo showed.  It's great to see some personal growth on this show.

Edited by Abmis
spelling again
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Goodness, Adam was super twitchy on that couch. I really wonder if they actually forced him to be there. I know this is Adam but if they told him "you have to be here, you're under contract" wouldn't they tell Cory the same thing? I think Adam just didn't want to answer questions so he had a hissy fit instead to deflect. 

2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Who knows how it really went down....but Cory had a legit excuse with the kids and their softball, or whatever. Adumb's only reasoning was he didn't want to talk to them. 

I have a feeling that they sign a contract for the season, and are then paid extra for the reunion.  They sort of confirmed this with Dr. Drew saying as much ("do you think you're going to get paid if you don't answer questions?"), as well as the producer coming out and disputing Adumb's claims.  And then there's the example of Corey, who made the conscious decision not to come (for more than one reason), and nobody told him he was breaking his contract.  As you guys both said, Adumb simply didn't want to answer the questions because he has no excuse for being a shitty parent.

• Love 4

Just watched this & just wanted to thank whoever said Lincoln was like a house cat. LOL! I was laughing so hard because he totally was. Best description ever.

Chelsea's eyebrows kill me. They are so bad! And she's a licensed esthetician! She should know better. I'm a licensed cosmetologist and it drives me crazy to see people in the business rocking "don't" looks! Also her hands were sooo orange from her spray tan. She's a pretty girl but needs a major makeover! 

• Love 3

Not going to lie, I would have loved a segment where Chelsea and Aubree tell Sad Panda all about Pete the Pig and how they were planning to celebrate his birthday, how he gets on with the other pets and other completely irrelevant facts about that cutie.  Can you imagine Sad Panda trying to look interested as Aubree earnestly explains Pete's diet?  Waayyy more interesting then rehashing the whole father-daughter dance thing again. 

• Love 10

Kail looked TERRIBLE. She needs to stop messing with her face. My God - do these girls in their early 20s not realize they're in their peaks in terms of physical condition? 

I noticed Chelsea never owned up to the fact that *she* does it for the money. Who here believes it is just to make a difference? @@   Nope. Not many young women her age, single mothers no less, have a nice house and car. But that's because they have regular jobs. I can't stand Adam, either. But she's selling her privacy, too.

• Love 4
(edited)

The PR spin on this show is confusing to me. If 16 and Pregnant was meant to de-glamorize teen pregnancy, why does Panda work so hard to portray these women's lives as success stories? Wouldn't it make more sense to emphasize how fucked up these girls' lives are, thanks to their teenage carelessness with birth control? How is Panda's insistence on traditional happy endings doing anything to combat teen pregnancy? Chelsea is "the last one" to get engaged? omfg Is it a contest? a race? Leah wins for her multiple failed marriages? Wouldn't it make more sense to parade Jenelle in front of the audience with a backdrop of big photos of her many and various "boooyfriends" and police mug shots? GIRLS: take your birth control or you will end up like this! Or bring out Adumb, take off his stupid cap and profess: Girls, if you don't take your birth control, you could end up shackled to losers like this for the rest of your life!

Of course I'm not serious, but really, what's the real purpose of this show, now, today? Cuz it doesn't seem to have anything to do with public service to me. It's a soap opera. That's all it is. So stop pretending it's about reducing teen pregnancy.

In spite of his pose, Panda is just another fame whore and cheerleader for the patriarchy, alternately celebrating then shaming these girls into whatever manipulative storyline he's pushing at the moment. Sickening!

Edited by lidarose9
  • Love 15
(edited)

Seriously, there is no defense regarding Adumb and the dance. So sick of the actual topic and tired of having to point out the obvious. 

Aubree asked Adumb why he didn't show up. He responded it was due to the contest he was preparing for. He did NOT say Chelsea was to blame. He did not say it was because he was not aware of the date. He did not blame Cole. He did not put the blame on anyone but himself. And it wasn't that he blamed himself as much as he pretty much said the contest was his priority. 

As soon as Adumb knew the date, he likely said "fuck it". This is the same ass who knew what day Father's Day is but still ignored his time with Aubree.

That is why he refused to talk.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, shockermolar said:
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

The thing is, when Chelsea said he never texted back, that was while they were still filming. I believe she said that to Randy when they went out to eat? She said the part about him responding on the after show, which is filmed after the fact. So I assume he hadn't responded by the time she met with her father, but did so later on. It may have been a little petty of her to not just give him the details, but maybe she's sick of leading him around by the hand just to get him involved. He was quite capable of finding out the information and showing up. And he didn't. That's on no one but himself. 

She didn't mention that Adam texted her that he couldn't find the information when it was discussed on the after-show.  She did mention that he texted back "awesome" or something like that.   Maybe then he went and looked for the info a day or 2 later.  Then when he couldn't find it, he texted Chelsea back letting her know that he couldn't find it.  Then instead of telling him the date, she told him to call the school"  (I'm sure it thrills the school administration that parents tell their ex's to call the school instead of giving their ex's information that they are perfectly capable of giving.)

I just find the whole story suspect.      

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Corey made up an excuse and didn't try too hard to hide it.  Kids will always have softball or homework or kickball or whatever.  He would have gotten a substitute if had really wanted to go.  He didn't want to go and I don't blame him.  Drew is a useless piece of shit who gave NO ONE any good advice.  Adam said his only reasoning was that he didn't want to talk to Drew. There was no mistaking that one. 

• Love 4

Jesus H. Christ!  "Dr" Drew has two- TWO- people saying that they don't want to be in the marriage and he is still insistent that they should keep trying?  And he should have whatever license he possesses revoked for asking her why not try for another baby?  Yes, Isaac (as is every happy stepchild) will be very sad when things don't work out.  But that's not a reason to stay together!  That was the stupidest shit I've ever heard in my life.

• Love 12

For real. Drew must have received his license from a school that advertises in the back of a tabloid magazine.

Drew is fucking worthless! He does not watch the show. He watches snippets the day before.

Clearly Kail is done with the marriage, but there he is pushing her to stay for the kids's sake. WTH? She was happier to talk about Vee and Jo than she was about Javi.

• Love 5

I interpreted adumbb's refusal to talk as  a holdout for more money, period. He probably feels like MTV owes him a bigger paycheck and he just got a big increase in the child support he has to pay. Sure I think he thinks he gets a shit  edit, but if they were paying enough I'm sure he wouldn't care. He can leave my TV anytime 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

The PR spin on this show is confusing to me. If 16 and Pregnant was meant to de-glamorize teen pregnancy, why does Panda work so hard to portray these women's lives as success stories? Wouldn't it make more sense to emphasize how fucked up these girls' lives are, thanks to their teenage carelessness with birth control? How is Panda's insistence on traditional happy endings doing anything to combat teen pregnancy? Chelsea is "the last one" to get engaged? omfg Is it a contest? a race? Leah wins for her multiple failed marriages? Wouldn't it make more sense to parade Jenelle in front of the audience with a backdrop of big photos of her many and various "boooyfriends" and police mug shots? GIRLS: take your birth control or you will end up like this! Or bring out Adumb, take off his stupid cap and profess: Girls, if you don't take your birth control, you could end up shackled to losers like this for the rest of your life!

Of course I'm not serious, but really, what's the real purpose of this snow, now, today? Cuz it doesn't seem to have anything to do with public service to me. It's a soap opera. That's all it is. So stop pretending it's about reducing teen pregnancy.

In spite of his pose, Panda is just another fame whore and cheerleader for the patriarchy, alternately celebrating then shaming these girls into whatever manipulative storyline he's pushing at the moment. Sickening!

Great post, and I agree 100%.  Maybe 16 & Pregnant (and maybe the first year of Teen Mom) contributed to a slight decline in teen births, but a) there's no conclusive proof; and b) that was a long time ago.  Yet Dr. Drew acts as though the show is doing a huge public service, when in reality, it's nothing more than your typical reality show drama, with the emphasis on the word drama.  MTV keeps it going only because it's a ratings hit (presumably), not because they're interested in any kind of responsible programming for their target audience.

I loved it when Chelsea started to talk about her privacy concerns and some pitfalls of the show, and a panicked Dr. Drew tried to immediately change the subject and get Chelsea to extol the benefits of doing the show.  He's so transparent.  And clueless.  The show will continue for years since MTV loves the franchise, all the participants love the paycheck, and it's so easy to document or manufacture drama with this crew.  And maybe we're all complicit, too, so long as we keep watching.

• Love 9
(edited)

The more I think about it, the more sickened I am at Drew's behavior to Karl. Yes, we may not have a grasp of the specifics of story of how their marriage failed, but that doesn't give anybody license to badger her or bully her about having more kids. I cannot believe how insensitive he was. What he was communicating to her was truly disgusting: Your feelings don't matter. Your happiness with your husband does not matter. What matters is keeping Isaac happy and holding onto your husband at all costs, even the cost of your own happiness, and that includes getting pregnant now to make him happy and hold onto him. She has been clear, she does not want that, she has never wavered.

Kael: I just had a fucking miscarriage. I just finished a goddamn four-year degree. My husband is fucking deployed. I do not want to get pregnant now.

Drew: NONE OF THAT MATTERS. Have another baby! That's the solution to all your problems!

Really I am no fan of hers, but this was disgusting. Most of the time I am shocked at how quick these kids throw in the towel on their marriages, but in this case, it's so overdue, they know it, we know it, only Drew has to pretend to "counsel" them. UGH. MAKE IT STOP.

I would like someone, maybe Drew's wife, to explain to him how a woman who has just been pregnant and then isn't anymore  might not want to rush right back and get pregnant again, especially when the marriage is not loving and supportive. For Javi to insist is cruel, and for Drew to beat her up about it was SO insensitive. That twerp can find someone else to hurry up and bear his children on his timetable.

Edited by lidarose9
  • Love 16

About Kail and Javi and more kids - there were a lot of conflicting messages going on with that story - from all of them - Kail, Javi, and even Dr. Drew.  Kail said she wants to focus on her career, but then why did she get pregnant while still in school and about to graduate?  Was it unplanned?  Either way, she's entitled to grieve over the miscarriage and change her mind about having another baby, but then she said a lot of conflicting things: she doesn't want any more kids, and Javi does, and that's why they decided to call it quits, then..... she does want a third kid, but not now because she wants a career.....on the other hand, she doesn't want too many years between kids.....

I think both Javi and Kail want to divorce and move on (there have been lots of tabloid reports of both of them cheating), and used the (fake?) conflict over more kids as an excuse to sell it.  Pretending to want different things vis a vis more kids sounds a lot more palatable than admitting they just want out.  Only they didn't really get their stories straight.  

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

About Kail and Javi and more kids - there were a lot of conflicting messages going on with that story - from all of them - Kail, Javi, and even Dr. Drew.  Kail said she wants to focus on her career, but then why did she get pregnant while still in school and about to graduate?  Was it unplanned?  Either way, she's entitled to grieve over the miscarriage and change her mind about having another baby, but then she said a lot of conflicting things: she doesn't want any more kids, and Javi does, and that's why they decided to call it quits, then..... she does want a third kid, but not now because she wants a career.....on the other hand, she doesn't want too many years between kids.....

I think both Javi and Kail want to divorce and move on (there have been lots of tabloid reports of both of them cheating), and used the (fake?) conflict over more kids as an excuse to sell it.  Pretending to want different things vis a vis more kids sounds a lot more palatable than admitting they just want out.  Only they didn't really get their stories straight.  

That had been my take on it all along.

I mentioned the same things in a previous post. Didn't Kail say she was on birth control?  Did she pull a Maci here? The stories are definitely not making sense here. She is venting that the last two years of her marriage was in the toilet. Then, there is Javi saying it was the miscarriage. Can't be. Kail was screaming the "D" word for the last two seasons. Liars, both of them.

• Love 2

My favorite lie from Adam? "It's not about the money. I'm over it. Done." Then later when asked if he'd do another season if he was offered more money.  He says yes. 

I thought it was t about the money? Besides, he's there next season anyway. He got exactly what he wanted. I'd like to think he opened up about Paisley in the end because he got a butt chewing behind the scenes.  If you don't talk, we don't pay, type of thing. Remember when Jenelle walked off last season at the reunion. We were told (or read about) how she wouldn't get paid for her season if she didn't finish the reunion. She had to come back out on stage. If it isn't the contract that they are required to talk during the reunion taping, I bet it is now.   ?

Papa Randy mentioned Adumb came to the reunion just so he could go to muscle beach.  He did post pics of him at muscle beach while there. 

• Love 6

I am not surprised that Sad Panda was trying to talk Javi and Kail into maki ng things work. I remember on old Teen Mom reunions he was always trying to push Ryan and Maci back together even when it was clear as day that was a terrible, terrible idea. 

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 6:21 AM, poopchute said:

It's totally bizarre that Dr Drew and Kail made no mention of Lincoln during all the discussion of divorce.  Everyone kept talking about Isaac but it's like Dr Drew didn't even know Kail has another kid.  Why is no one concerned about how the divorce will affect him?  Javi is his actual dad.  So weird.

I didn't think that was bizarre because Lincoln is young enough that it's probably not going to effect him that terribly.  How old is he, 3?  He won't even remember the divorce at that age, his parents living separately will be all he knows.  Issac, on the other hand, is both old enough to retain memories plus Javi isn't his biological father, yet he's developed a father/son bond with him so things will be much, much more complicated and traumatic. 

• Love 3