Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Invitation Interrupted

• Start Topic

(edited)
9 hours ago, lampwick said:

Yep.  And remember when Carole first met Lu?  She just didn't like her period.  It was her whole vibe, the Countess thing, I think there was a Native American/Indian reference that didn't go over well, etc,  Carole thought Lu was haughty,  Carole didn't even like the way that Lu played croquet if I remember correctly.  Sometimes people just don't like other people and that's okay, but as far as them ever becoming friends, it was going to be an uphill battle.    

Carole came on as a Bethenny replacement with her rapier wit.  Not a lot of wit in Season 4. I believe Carole apologized to Luann at her second Reunion (not to be confused with the Season 2 Reunion) for her comment and I know she eventually apologized to Sonja for the anal sex stuff.  She always seemed more like a Greek Chorus than truly willing to open up her life.   Much like Bethenny it gets old to have someone in their confessionals tear the other down.  Of course this year Bethenny just went full throttle.

7 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Carole never liked Lu. She made fun of her, and was disgusted when she asked her friend designer for a dress, because Carole felt that was out of line for Lu to ask her friend to make her a dress, because she designs for important people like Michelle Obama. Then Carole was annoyed that Lu refused to feel embarrassed or apologize. I think it's a personality clash. Some people just aren't going to get along.

Jules is saying that it was hard to watch her marriage crumble on TV, but until this last episode I never really noticed anything. And this episode was the first time she really has complained about anything... and the first time I saw Michael be a jerk. It's weird too that Jules is mad at Michael for not being able to handle the missing nanny, but Jules isn't handling the missing nanny well either. 

Carole brought her dear friend Naeem Khan and his wife to give them exposure.  Although, Luann's offer to wear his dress for a magazine shoot may have been more to Luann's advantage than his.  So Luann having only met him twice (promoting his product) was deemed unCountesslike for approaching him.

The next season Luann brought a young chef Adam, on to get exposure for his "brand" and Carole took him home with her and now is trying to promote his brand and write a book with him.  Hmmm. . . .interesting.  Is it unprincesslike to take up with the hostess' family friend and hired help?

To me, every time one of these RH tosses out a complaint they usually end up doing pretty much the same thing and then justify their behavior.  I am not saying this to start a discussion about the differences and who was right and who was wrong, but there is a fair amount of boundary crossing with these women.  If Carole would have landed on the wrong side of Bethenny I am quite certain Bethenny would be making some witty observations about the how, why and age of Adam.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 14
35 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

And yet we were still subjected to Yolanda mispronouncing Munchausen, which is Germanic name. Yolanda is from the Netherlands and speaks Dutch (a Germanic language) and actual German.

Well, I had a co-worker - who was an English professor born and bred in America who would say, "Doggy dog world".  Instead of dog eat dog.  LOLOL.  Bless his heart. 

And our American landscaper, from right here in Detroit says, "Wheelbarrel" which I'm pretty sure is an English word which should be pronounced "Wheelbarrow".  Maybe I'm not so bothered about how something comes out of people's mouths. 

Unless it's Carole's yap.  Hard to listen to, even harder to look at.

1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

Choos peek on da pee-pull be-cus of dere ak-zents? Dat is NOT whun uffda sines of dat Munchie-Whoosie or Wunchie-Moozin ting dat choos all ak-kuze me off!

LOL.  I'm glad I can laugh with ya now, EDE.

• Love 3

How in the WORLD is this Mexico fiasco gonna go down with NOBODY for Bethy to pick on?? Or is she gonna turn on somebody?  I'm sick to death of the Bethy show and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to tell Bravo.  I think these chicks should have to take every single cast member on these frickin' Bravo paid for trips.  It's  not fair to eliminate Sonja just because Bethy's pissed off with Tipsy GIRL.  I think Bethy thinks anything with the word "GIRL" in it is hers! Forever!  Ugh. I can't with that beyotch.

• Love 9

I do feel bad for Jules. She is basically a sap and has infantized herself. Playing helpless and clueless isn’t very cute when you have two kids involved. Maybe she can step up and act like an adult instead of an entitled moron.

What this news does is sort of point out the difference in the various couples in the show. Nobody wants to see a marriage disintegrate and have what should be a loving relationship end. Well except for Bethenny who wants everyone to be a miserable twat just like her. Look at John and Dorinda. Now John is a lot of things. Crude, rude, gross, sweaty, inappropriate and all around just not Rico Suave. But he fights like a lion for his lady. He always has her back even against the other woman where it might be better for him to stay out of it. Sort of like Ken in Beverly Hills. He loves her so much he wants to protect her against everyone no matter how small or petty the slight. For that he gets hammered non-stop.

Then you have Michael who always seemed checked out. Slicking back his hair and taking selfies in the mirror. He doesn’t seem to give a shit about his wife and his kids. Sort of how Josh and Kristen were presented in their first season. Michael was already lining up his exit strategy. Let’s face it. In his eyes Jules is past her expiration date. She is not the young hot exotic Asian/Jewish chick he groomed and married. Time to move on.

Time for Jules to move on too. She needs to find someone who wants to love and protect her and her children. Take her settlement and find someone like John. Yeah, yeah I know gross right? I don’t think so. Maybe he has friend that owns a diner or a demolition business. You can’t judge a book by it’s cover. I hope Jules grows up and gets real.

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I'm Carole's age and I refer to myself as a girl lots of times. I always remind my husband that I am an indoor girl. ?

To me it matters how it's said.  "I'm going out with the girls tonight, hon."  Or greeting my friend after a long time apart:  "There's my girl!" .... All good.

But at age 40+, being serious and saying something like: "I'm just a small town girl, living in a lonely world.  I took the midnight train going anywhere..."  or describing myself in the intro of my book as a "junk food eating girl" at age 52 and having my heart stolen by her vegan? - Nah. Imo, sounds dumb.

Maybe it bugs me when Carole says things like that because she's shown us that sometimes she really thinks of herself as a girl.  Instead of a fully formed woman, with responsibilities! and deadlines! Or again, it's probably just that anything that comes out of her yap annoys me.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

The admission that she isn't a shrink should already suggest that she should not be attaching medical diagnosis to anyone's behaviour. She can speak to the behaviour without putting a label on it. It's a dangerous slope to overlook what Carole did by saying 'she's not really diagnosing anyone'. She is using a medical term that is related to a person that is considered psychotic and suffers from hallucinations that make it indiscernible between what they think and what is reality.If you noticed someone who experienced constant chills, nosebleeds and is always tired, would you tell them 'I'm no doctor but I think you might have leukemia?'. People who do not have the proper knowledge of medicine or psychology should not be attaching any kind of terminology to the behaviours they see. Simply address the behaviours. And by Carole's personal 'diagnosis', if she thinks that Luann is suffering cognitive dissonance disorder then that would mean that Luann is not in control of her psychological faculties and Carole is a kind of an asshole for constantly talking shit about someone who, in her opinion, is psychotic.

I think you're taking this a bit too seriously.  If anyone is reading Carole's blog for medical advise, or takes her comment about a fellow "Housewife" as an official clinical diagnosis, they're probably someone who should not be trusted out in the real world without 24/7 supervision.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Carole came on as a Bethenny replacement with her rapier wit.  Not a lot of wit in Season 4. I believe Carole apologized to Luann at her second Reunion (not to be confused with the Season 2 Reunion) for her comment and I know she eventually apologized to Sonja for the anal sex stuff.  She always seemed more like a Greek Chorus than truly willing to open up her life.   Much like Bethenny it gets old to have someone in their confessionals tear the other down.  Of course this year Bethenny just went full throttle.

Carole brought her dear friend Naeem Khan and his wife to give them exposure.  Although, Luann's offer to wear his dress for a magazine shoot may have been more to Luann's advantage than his.  So Luann having only met him twice (promoting his product) was deemed unCountesslike for approaching him.

The next season Luann brought a young chef Adam, on to get exposure for his "brand" and Carole took him home with her and now is trying to promote his brand and write a book with him.  Hmmm. . . .interesting.  Is it unprincesslike to take up with the hostess' family friend and hired help?

To me, every time one of these RH tosses out a complaint they usually end up doing pretty much the same thing and then justify their behavior.  I am not saying this to start a discussion about the differences and who was right and who was wrong, but there is a fair amount of boundary crossing with these women.  If Carole would have landed on the wrong side of Bethenny I am quite certain Bethenny would be making some witty observations about the how, why and age of Adam.

Like Bethenny screaming at Luann about sleeping with married men?

• Love 14
(edited)
5 hours ago, Trooper York said:

I do feel bad for Jules. She is basically a sap and has infantized herself. Playing helpless and clueless isn’t very cute when you have two kids involved. Maybe she can step up and act like an adult instead of an entitled moron.

What this news does is sort of point out the difference in the various couples in the show. Nobody wants to see a marriage disintegrate and have what should be a loving relationship end. Well except for Bethenny who wants everyone to be a miserable twat just like her. Look at John and Dorinda. Now John is a lot of things. Crude, rude, gross, sweaty, inappropriate and all around just not Rico Suave. But he fights like a lion for his lady. He always has her back even against the other woman where it might be better for him to stay out of it. Sort of like Ken in Beverly Hills. He loves her so much he wants to protect her against everyone no matter how small or petty the slight. For that he gets hammered non-stop.

Then you have Michael who always seemed checked out. Slicking back his hair and taking selfies in the mirror. He doesn’t seem to give a shit about his wife and his kids. Sort of how Josh and Kristen were presented in their first season. Michael was already lining up his exit strategy. Let’s face it. In his eyes Jules is past her expiration date. She is not the young hot exotic Asian/Jewish chick he groomed and married. Time to move on.

Time for Jules to move on too. She needs to find someone who wants to love and protect her and her children. Take her settlement and find someone like John. Yeah, yeah I know gross right? I don’t think so. Maybe he has friend that owns a diner or a demolition business. You can’t judge a book by it’s cover. I hope Jules grows up and gets real.

I feel badly for anyone who thinks cloaking themselves in ditzy and stupid = hot.  I truly believe that she's under some delusion that being a severely underweight tall Jew/Asian makes her some exotic catch.   I doubt that there are many older wealthy men that would look at her and think, "Wow, trophy wife."  She might have been quite attractive were it not for her clearly anorexic frame.  Whatever she's doing to her face botox/filler wise makes her look as old than the "elderly" on the show. 

So when you combine someone who loves to flaunt wealth and her own incompetence, it's not really all that hot to the wealthy unless your a lingerie model with boobs.  She's way past her prime, if she was ever really all that appealing to the wealthy set to begin with.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, breezy424 said:

My gosh.  Look at us.  We're discussing how someone pronounces 'kitten'.  It's pretty funny and I don't mean it in a criticism sort of way.  We're discussing the some of the silly things on these shows and here we are discussing the pronunciation of a word. 

BTW, my two cents.  I didn't notice Carole's pronunciation of the word when it came up in a previous episode and didn't notice it in this episode.  Like others, I've sat by myself and pronounced the word.  It comes out 'kit en'.  But....the 't' is barely audible.  It that correct?  Nope, two 't's.  Two syllables.  I went to catholic school.  Should we have a poll? :)

We could also go into a discussion of the correct pronunciation of 'asked'.  I think it's probably the hardest word to say in the American English language.

On another note, the production company probably does have the final say on who's invited on a trip but I do think they work with the 'host' and will allow the host to not invited someone whether for keeping it 'real' or to cause conflict to produce more drama. 

I seriously have no problem with the way Carole, or anyone for that matter,  pronounces "kitten", but I cringe whenever I hear ANY of the housewives say the word "texts"!!  Why do they ALL (over all the franchises) insist on trying to pronounce that word correctly, instead of just simply saying "text messages", which is much easier???  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, pbutler111 said:

I think you're taking this a bit too seriously.  If anyone is reading Carole's blog for medical advise, or takes her comment about a fellow "Housewife" as an official clinical diagnosis, they're probably someone who should not be trusted out in the real world without 24/7 supervision.

Yeah, I don't think anyone takes anything Carole says about the health of the body or mind seriously.  This is, after all the nitwit who ate a laced Gummy bear from a stranger in a club and thinks she can't get cancer from a cigarette as long as it's pink. Nit.Wit.

I'm going over to Carole's thread now because I fear I'm going to go far off topic.

• Love 2

perhaps these women should be focusing on having interesting lives outsidr the group dynamic...if they did so, maybe the fighting would subside.  

It seems like only the OC still focuses on both aspects.  Perhaps NY needs to do a little house cleaning..but more gradual

2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I seriously have no problem with the way Carole, or anyone for that matter,  pronounces "kitten", but I cringe whenever I hear ANY of the housewives say the word "texts"!!  Why do they ALL (over all the franchises) insist on trying to pronounce that word correctly, instead of just simply saying "text messages", which is much easier???  

I think saying "text messages" instead of "texts" is a little bit like saying "telephone machine" instead of "phone": it smacks a bit of Mr. Burns trying to be hip.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Or worse, "textses", as in "Do you want me to show you the textses you sent me which prove you're LYING!!!"

• Love 9
5 hours ago, ryebread said:

Well, I had a co-worker - who was an English professor born and bred in America who would say, "Doggy dog world".  Instead of dog eat dog.  LOLOL.  Bless his heart. 

And our American landscaper, from right here in Detroit says, "Wheelbarrel" which I'm pretty sure is an English word which should be pronounced "Wheelbarrow".  Maybe I'm not so bothered about how something comes out of people's mouths. 

Unless it's Carole's yap.  Hard to listen to, even harder to look at.

LOL.  I'm glad I can laugh with ya now, EDE.

Or 'kinny-garden' as opposed to 'kindergarten'?

(Laugh with me now, hate me in the morning?)

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Normades said:

Yes, I never really got the whole Dorinda love.  They seem to walk on eggshells for her.  She gets a pass on behavior that would be earth shaking and would demand never-ending apologies if Sonja or LuAnn did the same thing.  I find Dorinda to be a classless, clueless, drunk and I don't find her intelligent or interesting, but I guess to each his/her own.  Just think about it ---- if Tom acted the way John did toward Bethenny, there would be hell to pay!!

I'll co-sign that. She should be grateful they give her such a kind edit ... imagine what they could have done with that drunken monologue. Which she shrugs off in her blog as "Well they were an hour late, so what's a girl to do while waiting? Drink martini's (and be drunk and boorish) of course."

23 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I guess it all depends on what you want to be around. Would you rather have to babysit your friend (Sonja) or be afraid your friend is going to choke you out if you say the wrong thing (Dorinda)

Bahahahahaha.... IK, R? Back that shit up!

23 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Of course Luann knew.  That's just silly.  Ha.

Yeah, they can play around with sound very easily. 

That's the thing, and it's the reason why I like this cast so very much.  There is REAL stuff going on here, things have happened that impacted their REAL lives.  Sonja shilling for the Shyster and trying to involve Bethenny's REAL business and get her down into the Shyster's mud so he could get free publicity.  Luann going after Carole's REAL relationship and saying vile things. 

If it was made up shit I'd be as bored as I was with BH.  It's not.  REAL things happened and in REAL life there are consequences.  People watching may have different opinions on who is right and who is wrong, but at least it's not BS.  I love that so much.

This.  100 times this. 

Yeah, I agree.  They don't all have to film at every event, and really, that almost never happens anyway.  BFD.  That isn't anyone "freezing someone out" and even if it was, so what?  That's REAL.  Act like an asshole?  I don't want to engage with you. 

Yes.  Bethenny had no choice about Sonja really.  If she films with her she will give the Shyster cheater brand press.  That will never happen.  Too bad, so sad.  Hope it was worth it to you Sonja.  Luann thinks she can still film with Carole after all the vile things she said?  Well, she's living in UNreality, and Carole's not playing that game. 

So Luann can be a complete asshole in REAL and it's Carole that should lose her job?  What?  It's not part of her contract to film with Luann.  It's not part of Bethenny's to give Sonja and the Shyster publicity either. 

--

BTW, I'm really bothered by the "most people feel this way so you should too" that sometimes happens on message boards.  Can we all please simply speak for ourselves without using the "well all my friends think" argument to prove someone is wrong for having a different opinion?  That's where things get personal and messy. 

What I love about this cast is it's easy to see why people would have different opinions, it's not black and white, there is tons of grey, because they aren't just filming, they do have real life experiences with one another, and we are seeing the complicated interrelations of women with pasts and futures that don't slide easily into box A or box B.  They are all gloriously messy, just as we all are.  It's why it's working for me this season, and honestly, it's such a gift after the "all fake all the time" BH series.  The REAL exists in this NY cast, and they are all earning every penny.

Well damn. I can't even remember anymore why I disagreed with all your posts in the past, because clearly you have a keen and discerning mind and considered opinions (that are totally in line with my own.) You must hate Kyle or Kenya, or love Brandi. It had to be something heinous. :)      

22 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

Sorry if it's already been addressed, as I'm only on page 3 of the forum, but is Carol's pronunciation of kitten really odd?  Having been born and raised in New England myself (now a West Coaster), it seems correct to me to say ki'en, bi'en, Manhat'en, etc.. Actually, almost all words with two Ts together, the T's are kinda silent.  I don't even think non Northeasterners pronounce the 2 Ts.  I'll have to pay closer attention.  In any case, it's not a matter of Carole not being able to annunciate, as implied, it's most likely a regional thing.  

Cot'en

Rot'en

Dammit. More things to add to the list of Shit Carole And Carole* Apparently Cannot Pronounce Properly (SCACACPP). 

*Bitch is eating those crackers with my name.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

I think saying "text messages" instead of "texts" is a little bit like saying "telephone machine" instead of "phone": it smacks a bit of Mr. Burns trying to be hip.

I would rather hear "text messages" or just "messages" than hear the way they all mangle the word "texts", because it's rare that you hear that word said correctly.  Often, it sounds like they are talking about a state (Texas) rather than a message received on a cell phone.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I feel badly for anyone who thinks cloaking themselves in ditzy and stupid = hot.  I truly believe that she's under some delusion that being a severely underweight tall Jew/Asian makes her some exotic catch.   I doubt that there are many older wealthy men that would look at her and think, "Wow, trophy wife."  She might have been quite attractive were it not for her clearly anorexic frame.  Whatever she's doing to her face botox/filler wise makes her look as old than the "elderly" on the show. 

So when you combine someone who loves to flaunt wealth and her own incompetence, it's not really all that hot to the wealthy unless your a lingerie model with boobs.  She's way past her prime, if she was ever really all that appealing to the wealthy set to begin with.

If this is true about the wealthy, then apparently Jules is lucky that she got so thin that she" lost her boobs". All three of them. :) Way past her prime at 30! Damn, the expiration date gets closer and closer!

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, Granimal said:

If this is true about the wealthy, then apparently Jules is lucky that she got so thin that she" lost her boobs". All three of them. :) Way past her prime at 30! Damn, the expiration date gets closer and closer!

Ha, indeed!

I was a tad harsh, but what I'm trying to say is that she isn't all that and is living under the delusion that she's all that.   I don't think she's the trophy she thinks she is!  But different strokes.

• Love 5
(edited)

Haha! I'm teasing those wealthy* assholes that I know exist. I know that you're right about the fact that if she was 21 and had DD's along with a conventional hot bod Michael wouldn't care if she could make coffee! Which makes me think he's a shallow shit bag. And that makes me feel bad for women everywhere on some level. Eventually will the wealthy* and powerful* start dating the teenagers they obviously want to? 

For the record <small voice> I'm not huge fan of Jules. I have a feeling that learning how to be an adult is sooo hard for her. Which, we all have an adjustment period (usually at a MUCH younger age), but IMO you have to get your shit together BEFORE you add kids into the mix! You can't just assume that your rich hubby will rectify the situation and land you a new nanny (hot or not!) Money doesn't solve all problems- as we are seeing here. And the bankruptcy charges make me think that she went from parent's house to hubby's house without learning anything in the way of personal responsibility. The fact that her assets (in the bankruptcy story per tabs) were listed as something like $160 in clothing and $100 something in... something else was also very strange. Who has only $160 worth of clothing? Whatever, she is too much of a puzzle for me to figure out.

*It even seems like non-wealthy men have this attitude these days!

Edited by Granimal
too tired for grammar
  • Love 4
On 6/16/2016 at 4:21 PM, Ellee said:

Seriously......HE puts THAT much gunk on his hair?????

I wouldn't let him near me.   Makes me wonder what his side-piece is like.

I can't think of one positive thing about him that we have learned so far.  

I suppose Michael's frequent showering habit could be viewed as positive since he's a steaming pile of shit!!!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, goofygirl said:

How in the WORLD is this Mexico fiasco gonna go down with NOBODY for Bethy to pick on?? Or is she gonna turn on somebody?  I'm sick to death of the Bethy show and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to tell Bravo.  I think these chicks should have to take every single cast member on these frickin' Bravo paid for trips.  It's  not fair to eliminate Sonja just because Bethy's pissed off with Tipsy GIRL.  I think Bethy thinks anything with the word "GIRL" in it is hers! Forever!  Ugh. I can't with that beyotch.

Bethenny is jr staff for Bravo and Andy's bff, no doubt they gave her a lot of power in addition to all the $ to get her to come back for another season. She is ruining this show for me.

• Love 13
(edited)

describing myself in the intro of my book as a "junk food eating girl" at age 52 and having my heart stolen by her vegan? - Nah. Imo, sounds dumb.

Sounds super dumb. Plus, who relates to that? What woman, I mean girl, is just hanging out starving between a cheeto here and there, and then meets a vegan chef who cooks only vegan food and rides her around on the handlebars of his bicycle (without a helmet btw). Or, more importantly, who WANTS that to happen?

Uh, no one.

Even a normal eating "girl" would not be turned on by a super skinny guy that doesn't eat meat, eggs, dairy, ect. (the very strict diet of a vegan).  And Carole doesn't even cook. What the f is she trying to do with a cookbook? Adam is barely even interested in the project anyway. 

That book will either never happen, or go absolutely nowhere. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I'm Carole's age and I refer to myself as a girl lots of times. I always remind my husband that I am an indoor girl. ?

To me I found it glaring because she called Adam a "vegan chef," and it was the forward to the cookbook. She could have rightful used a number of words to describe herself but she chose girl. She has criticized others for their choice of language so it just struck me. She is 52 years old and has lived a life that she asserts when she wants and knows that word choices have meaning and that is why I thought it was nonsense. 

• Love 3
(edited)

To me I found it glaring because she called Adam a "vegan chef," and it was the forward to the cookbook. She could have rightful used a number of words to describe herself but she chose girl. She has criticized others for their choice of language so it just struck me. She is 52 years old and has lived a life that she asserts when she wants and knows that word choices have meaning and that is why I thought it was nonsense. 

In this case, I understood her "girl" choice as modelling it after the "boy meets girl" trope.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, anonymiss said:

In this case, I understood her "girl" choice as modelling it after the "boy meets girl" trope.

Well that was my point she didn't call Adam a boy.

• Love 4

Late last night I was wrapping Father's Day gifts. I addressed the card to Mr. Ryebread:  "To the best husband a girl could ever wish for."

Thought of youse guys and then laughed myself silly. Then I thought about just serving pizza and M&Ms for dinner.

• Love 10

I think Jason II accused Beth of having as much emotion in the sack as a blow up doll (I think the baby was the goal, the marriage was due to the promise of more Bravo shows) and that's why she threw that line at Luann. Word on the street is that Luann is a dynamo in bed (squirting rumors and extra teeth) and that bugs Beth more than anything - she can't possibly compete. I applaud Luann for tossing out "back that shit up" to Dorinda when she was lecturing her on what a good hostess would have done (bet Carole uses would of). Luann is the grand mistress of chess - use one's own words to get them on your side. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, anonymiss said:

I completely get that.  I do think that Carole loves to play the cotequeish/Bohemian/laid back "girl" who seems to forget her chronological age (but not the ages of other women).  I personally don't have a problem with "girl" being used as an adjective unless it is used in a demeaning way.

My thing is the way she actually described their "love story."  Vegan chef FALLS for...I'm sure he cares about her, enjoys her, and maybe yes he has falled for her.  But I think she is deluding herself into thinking out of a life of temporary, THIS is permanent.  I am sure that because the cookbook will do well because she certainly has her fans.  But I think she is trying to cement their relationship through this book.  She's using her connections to keep him around when her 5 summers are up.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I completely get that.  I do think that Carole loves to play the cotequeish/Bohemian/laid back "girl" who seems to forget her chronological age (but not the ages of other women).  I personally don't have a problem with "girl" being used as an adjective unless it is used in a demeaning way.

My thing is the way she actually described their "love story."  Vegan chef FALLS for...I'm sure he cares about her, enjoys her, and maybe yes he has falled for her.  But I think she is deluding herself into thinking out of a life of temporary, THIS is permanent.  I am sure that because the cookbook will do well because she certainly has her fans.  But I think she is trying to cement their relationship through this book.  She's using her connections to keep him around when her 5 summers are up.

I don't think Adam wants to the commitment to being forever tied to the love story/cookbook.  If Carole really cared for him she would drop the love story angle and make it a cookbook.  It would be just as interesting if Adam's story of how he became interested in his type of cuisine was the focus.  Essentially, broke college student training for extreme sports.  Or at least that is what he has presently put out there.  Carole changing her eating habits for love is a huge yawn.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think Adam wants to the commitment to being forever tied to the love story/cookbook.  If Carole really cared for him she would drop the love story angle and make it a cookbook.  It would be just as interesting if Adam's story of how he became interested in his type of cuisine was the focus.  Essentially, broke college student training for extreme sports.  Or at least that is what he has presently put out there.  Carole changing her eating habits for love is a huge yawn.

She changed her eating habits for love. Sounds like the title of a Lifetime movie. 

• Love 9
(edited)
12 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Agreed!  

He never seems all that enthused when she's talking about it.  And remember he wanted to write his own introduction and she put the kibosh on it?  I'm the writer...I know how to market this.  Not that she doesn't have a point, but I almost feel like she's one of those older men who uses coke to keep his model girlfriends coming back.  The book is her way of controlling him.  Not to mention, didn't she say she got out of her other book contract to do this book with him?  

I like Carole but this relationship makes her look foolish.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I disagree that the cookbook would be just as interesting without the love story angle. There are just so many cookbooks out there. I just did a quick search on Amazon and they had over 9,000 results for vegan cookbooks. There were easy vegan books, vegan for college books, vegan sports books, vegan African books, vegan Italian books, and so on. I'm someone who cooks and bakes all the time and I'm barely motivated to buy cookbooks written by my favorite food bloggers. These are bloggers whose sites I check 3 or 4 times a week. Adam on his own is not compelling enough to justify a book deal. The love story (and Carole's terrible eating habits prior to meeting Adam) is the only reason why someone would buy his book over the 9,000 others on the market.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I disagree that the cookbook would be just as interesting without the love story angle. There are just so many cookbooks out there. I just did a quick search on Amazon and they had over 9,000 results for vegan cookbooks. There were easy vegan books, vegan for college books, vegan sports books, vegan African books, vegan Italian books, and so on. I'm someone who cooks and bakes all the time and I'm barely motivated to buy cookbooks written by my favorite food bloggers. These are bloggers whose sites I check 3 or 4 times a week. Adam on his own is not compelling enough to justify a book deal. The love story (and Carole's terrible eating habits prior to meeting Adam) is the only reason why someone would buy his book over the 9,000 others on the market.

I think his relationship with Carole and being on RHoNY would get him the same exposure. I would think someome who doesn't watch the show would not buy it regardless, and someone who watched the show may, depending on whether they like Carole and are vegan, regardless of the love story

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I get what yhou are saying -- I could see a cookbook/junk food addict love story conversion is more compelling than a cookbook on its own, particularly for a relatively unknown like Adam.  

That said, based on the way Carole acts like a lovelorn teen as though their chronological ages are in sync makes me question her real motives for the book.  Meaning, he kinda has to stick around if he's tied to the love story aspect -- at least until it is published.

I don't mean to suggest he doesn't love her, doesn't admire her, etc., but that type of age difference is very signficant and as she noted someday he will likely want kids.  And it's sad to me to hear her talk about how *this* is the thing she wants to make permanent!

• Love 2

Some poster who worked in the book industry said any RHW book had a pretty much guarantee of about 2000 in sales because there was a history showing that to be true. That said, I don't see the same draw from these two that Teresa's Skinny Italian or B's Skinny books had.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, izabella said:

I think "got out of her book contract" means she never met her deadline to produce some writing for a book and was dropped by her publisher.

I think that is exactly right. Carole is a fraud and there will never be a cookbook. I have looked into doing a gluten free cookbook and the hoops you have to jump through to have it vetted and published are considerable. You have be sure that you are just not copying someone else's recipes. Plus the crap he cooks makes dog vomit look appetizing. She will never work hard enough to get that done. Vegetable boy is just as lazy. He has the work ethic of a slug on heroin. 

If she wants to write a book she should write one about how to make a ton of money while being a lazy entitled POS. Now that is something she can handle!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I agree.  The other angle that I think is a good one is the whole "new to this Vegan thing, I prefer junk food, but wow, this is good!" side of things.  In other words, "you too may like it, and meanwhile, I'll try to entertain you with back story.'

1 hour ago, Almost 3000 said:

Some poster who worked in the book industry said any RHW book had a pretty much guarantee of about 2000 in sales because there was a history showing that to be true. That said, I don't see the same draw from these two that Teresa's Skinny Italian or B's Skinny books had.

True also.  I do think it would do better as a vegetarian cookbook, but still, as I said before, the idea that a junk food lover could be interested by Vegan food makes the food sound less threatening/sparse and gives it that "huh, maybe I'll try it too." vibe.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I would rather hear "text messages" or just "messages" than hear the way they all mangle the word "texts", because it's rare that you hear that word said correctly.  Often, it sounds like they are talking about a state (Texas) rather than a message received on a cell phone.

Are you talking about the morons, like Theresa Giudice, who say "textses"?  Or the women are are just saying "texts"?  

• Love 4
14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I honestly don't understand what the big deal is.  ALL of these women refer to themselves and each other as "girls" constantly.  So why is it now a big deal this one time Carole did it?  

• Love 7
On 6/16/2016 at 0:43 AM, zoeysmom said:

Not being a professional chef like Adam, I had to question when they put the cake pan in the oven and left several empty baking pans.

As I've learned from Captain Lee, from Below Deck, and not from Chef Leon that it's fine to keep pans in the oven provided the pans are clean. I'm assuming that because smoke and flames weren't billowing from Adam's oven, that Adam's pans were clean.

• Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She probably would have if not for trying to sell a cookbook and needing to establish some credibility. So only in this instance did I forgive/understand it for the purpose of the narrative. Recall last season when she mused after getting off the phone with him, "I'm distracted [from writing] by phone calls with cute boys. Sigh."

In Carole's head, I think she's "just a girl standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her," except he's fallen for her so it's the other way around, which sustains her very healthy ego.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 1

The cookbook is a storyline as far as I'm concerned.  Carole isn't actually writing a 'cook book'.  She's writing an introduction, maybe organizing it and supposedly it's being presented to publishers.  Not seeing it actually happen.

Yep, I agree with Captain Lee that you can but I can't see a chef leaving empty pans in the oven when he/she is cooking.  Storing them in the oven in a small kitchen?  Sure.  OK.  This is kind of a silly discussion.  And I'm just as silly as anyone else for giving my two cents on the subject.

11 hours ago, pbutler111 said:

I honestly don't understand what the big deal is.  ALL of these women refer to themselves and each other as "girls" constantly.  So why is it now a big deal this one time Carole did it?  

Bitch eating crackers for sure.

Last season this was a big thing as well. Someone started keeping track of all the other times the others referred to themselves or the group as girls. I think Lu said it as much as anyone else. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I get what yhou are saying -- I could see a cookbook/junk food addict love story conversion is more compelling than a cookbook on its own, particularly for a relatively unknown like Adam.  

That said, based on the way Carole acts like a lovelorn teen as though their chronological ages are in sync makes me question her real motives for the book.  Meaning, he kinda has to stick around if he's tied to the love story aspect -- at least until it is published.

I don't mean to suggest he doesn't love her, doesn't admire her, etc., but that type of age difference is very signficant and as she noted someday he will likely want kids.  And it's sad to me to hear her talk about how *this* is the thing she wants to make permanent!

This is interesting to me because I don't see Carole acting particularly "lovelorn" at all. I don't ever see her acting as if she is more vested in the relationship than Adam is. Take the episode when we were first introduced to her kit'en. He walked in and she was happy to see him, but she just kept working on what she was doing. Didn't drop everything to give him all her attention. He made the watermelon deal and spelled out "Carole" on the plate, which seemed sweet and like something you do for a person you care about. From what I've seen, they both seem to be on the same page with their relationship. 

• Love 6
On 6/18/2016 at 11:56 AM, pbutler111 said:

I never said that Carole's use of the medical term would influence others. It's inappropriate and unnecessary, end of story. Further, my opinion on the matter doesn't mean that I'm taking it too seriously. To suggest that seems dismissive. I shared an opinion on something that I read - my world is not crumbling because of anything that any of these women do with their time or with their expressions.

• Love 5
On 6/17/2016 at 5:27 PM, WireWrap said:

Carole does show up and she does her job. Part of her/their job is to have conflicts/drama.....so both Carole and Luann are fulfilling their contracts. And, Carole did try to avoid Luann as much as possible when they are in the same room/party/event but Luann refused to allow it. Soooooo, you are more like Carole than you may think when it comes down to doing your job with a co-worker you dislike. LOL

Ummmm, no

• Love 1