Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Invitation Interrupted

• Start Topic

Didn't Lu apologize to Carole at Ro's dinner party?  I thought is was pretty sincere.  Maybe Carole wants Lu to 'pop a vein'.  Sorry but I thought when Heather said this on the RHOC reunion, it was one of the funniest things I ever heard someone say on any of the franchises.  And I'm not really a Heather fan.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I hope the things being said about Lu's boyfriend are greatly exaggerated.  After all, this stuff is coming from Ro and Sonja.

True, but it seems to be true that he "dated" both Sonja and Ramona. What are the chances? I know they run in small circles, but apparently not small enough that Lu had ever met or heard of him before, despite the fact that Sonja "dated" him for something like 10 years.  I know there was a similar situation with Harry, but Aviva wasn't a HW when they hooked up. This dude dated 3 HW's from the same franchise? Seems like a famewhore to me. Wouldn't most guys be a bit careful about hooking up with Lu on camera as her boyfriend after what publicly happened to her last boyfriend? Not saying that she isn't worthy of love - she is a beautiful, smart woman, and I can certainly see a man falling hard for her. I just cannot see him wanting to put his personal life out there in such a fashion and opening himself up to being such a big part of the story, were he not a huge famewhore. And then there is the fact that we did see him casually in S1 with Ramona. Dude had to sign a release to be shown on the show, so he seemed to be game to being on TV back then. Just seems very strange to me. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I don't think I have ever heard Adam speak for an extended amount of time or I just wasn't paying attention to him on screen (my monies on the latter) but damn his voice grates on my nerves. Sounds like a lazy lethargic hippy with an advanced case of mono.  It is awful! His NYC kitchen is nice though and I have that same blender - AWESOME! but expensive.

Dorinda throwing Ramona under the bus and saying she pick a better team was some old bullshit. Not because Dorinda was wrong but because Dorinda also picked a better team - Bethenny. Bitch straight up chose B twice over Sonja. All with the excuse of her good heart and looking out for Sonja. Slurry please.

Dorinda hand and arm gestures at the table were RIDICULOUS. At one point it looked like she was doing a praying mantis impersonation. I've heard of talking with your hands but Dorinda could take out someone's eye with her elbow they way she wildly and weirdly gesticulates.

Carole STFU! 

B's man wants to marry her? Be nice if he bothered to divorce the current wife he has. Also,  is he dumb or just stupid. Seriously, he has been married for close to 30 years, for goodness sake date some more.  Why jump str8 into the bony arms of despair and misery that is Bethanny.  Her front end game must be amazing to dupe dudes into thinking she is warm and loving and capable of a healthy relationship. 

Danger Countess Luanne. Danger! I'd love for Tom to be the real deal but it isn't looking good but I also have to consider the source - Sonja and worst of all Ramona. Lu does indeed seem giddy on love! I don't see how a single man flirting on the show years and years ago can be used as an indictment of anything. I don't believe either B or Ramona are happy for her. They would love to have Lu be embarrassed by him continuing to allegedly whore around. 

How funny is it that Tom is called a player, playing the field by B but Lu is the slut whore.  That is the problem B. There is no negative connotation ever on Tom's activities by any of the women but they drag Lu for being sexually free. She has never slut shamed any woman about sex or poked in their business about sex so I don't see how she is a hypocrite. Lu just admitted to playing in the same field but of course, B and her flying monkey Carole will continue to call her a hypocrite liar face about it.

I agree with your post but...  I'm not sure if the guy Beth was talking about is the same guy she's seeing now.  Maybe someone has more info.

• Love 2

Sonja's on WWHL and saying she's dated Tom forever and it wasn't a (as Luann said) Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am with them.  She's surprised about Jules' divorce and she's being kind.

There is more talk about Tom and Sonja.  She says she was with him just before Thanksgiving. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I agree with your post but...  I'm not sure if the guy Beth was talking about is the same guy she's seeing now.  Maybe someone has more info.

I don't know if this helps but this was probably filmed in January and the rumors about Bethenny and married guy were in the papers in February.  I am thinking it is the same person.  I am sure Bravo will give Bethenny a 10 part special  to give her side of the story.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Fat Tipsy Bitches! 

I think Sonja is my second favorite housewife on all the series. If she could figure out a way to pull me out from Vanderpump's manipulative grasp, she's totally number one!

Alcohol for fat tipsy bitches is a product I can support. They could've used Sonja at Sterling Cooper Draper Price.

Betheny's face looked really odd. She looked like a Who.

I'm surprised Ramona allowed Jules to discuss her ailing father. She practically bit Heather's head off for talking about her recently deceased dad.

• Love 12
(edited)

This may be one of my fav RHNY epis ever. So much to snark about. First of all, the countess was typically countess-y when she introduced herself to Sonja's intern Alex and Sonja told Lu that Alex has been her intern for two years. Apparently Lu has not been mentoring Sonja all that much if she has not run into Alex recently, let alone in the last two years. An epi is never satisfying to me unless there is one count-less scene. And how long to do you have to be an intern with Sonja before you become a paid employee? That is a rhetorical question. We all know the answer is - forever.

Not the least bit surprised to hear that Jules and her hubby are divorcing after seeing his total disinterest in her in tonight's epi. And running an hour late and then having to shower as soon as he gets home? Dead give away. I am confused though about her father's never ending surgery. In the last epi which was filmed three weeks before she stated that her father was having his hip surgery that day (this while in her kitchen complaining that she is the only parent her children have). Now on this epi - filmed three weeks later - he is now having the surgery. Sounds like Jules went to the countess's school of questionalbe timelines.

Bethenny came up with one of my fav all time lines when she said LuAnn is in the chia pet of relationships. Priceless!! So to one person Lu claims she and Tom have been dating for 6 weeks and to another they have been dating 4 weeks. One would think it would be easy to keep such a short time line straight. And Sonja claims that she slept with Tom 4 weeks ago but Lu says they have been inseperable for 6 weeks. So either Lu was there when Tom slept with Sonja or Tom is not the greatest guy in the world despite Lu's claims. And giving an ex a gold bracelet for xmas when you have been dating the love of your life and soul mate for a whole month already? Great guy ideed.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 12
31 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Sonja wasn't going on that trip while continuing to represent Tipsy Girl, because Bethenny wasn't going to give the Shyster any screen time.  The only open issue was Luann, and when Carole said, quite understandably, that she didn't want to go if Luann was coming?

Over.

I really don't have a problem with that, or with either woman's reasons.  Luann shouldn't have done a bullshit text apology to Carole, perhaps if she'd owned her behavior and given a real apology, this wouldn't be an issue.

As far as Sonja?  Until the Tipsy Girl scam fails, which it will, Bethenny will not speak with her.  Was she unclear about that?

You mean kind of like the unequivocal apology that LuAnn just gave to Carole face to face at the Christmas party?

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

With Jules now pending divorce let's just call this show what it really is: The real ex-wives of NYC.

Exactly! Jules and Bethenny are both legally married but soon to be divorced. Well, I don't know what's going on with Bethenny's mess. But all the other women are divorced and Carole and Dorinda are widowed. 

• Love 3

I do hope that Tom and Luann work out, even if it's only for a few years.  The single scene at that age has to be exhausting.  If nothing else they can take a break and enjoy staying home or some fun travel with each other.  

i was flabbergasted at the creepy guy seen at John's party that Lu had gone with and if Tom was dabbling with Ramona and Sonja he has to be about at the end of the social rope as well.  If they're smart they'll both bow out of the scene for awhile and enjoy a relationship.

• Love 7

Poor Sonya. I hope she's not counting on her Housewives salary for next season. Bethenny is going to make sure no one will film with her so she'll be out. I admit, I'm loving Luann this season. She's never looked better and boy, can she play the game. Talk about giving zero f****. Carole is so awful this year. That's her storyline--stupid cats and a boyfriend with a voice as grating as hers? I'm surprised the animals can stand listening to them. And when he pulled out the guitar, I got John Belushi vibes also! Yikes.

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, BlackMamba said:

I was so damn moved to tears when the life partners were talking about Carole's cat. 

Talk about reaching when you are clearly the most boring one of the group of ladies. 

If Kim Richards could milk a whole season's storyline out of training her dog, I guess Carole can wring one out of fostering cats - ha!

I was actually surprised Luann actually copped to being a bad listener and even had the self-awareness to discuss how it stemmed from feeling like she had to fight for space in a large family. It makes sense - Luann never listens to other people - if you watch her, she always interrupts with her take on it, some dumb joke or she somehow makes the conversation about herself. It's hard to think of an instance where she has ever stopped to slow down and show real empathy or concern for someone else that isn't somehow related back to her.  I respected that she actually had a real moment of self-reflection. It only took 8 seasons!

• Love 13

Ramona, Dorinda, Carol, and Million-Dollar-Baby, that wasn't groovy. That was not groovy AT ALL.            

BetheME!ME!ME!

Oh, po' wee Bethenney™.  Gadzooks❗  Despite her outcries that her resultant contentious behaviors were unintentional and that the exhibited lunacy need be blamed upon her lycanthropic upbringing, I must ascribe malignant intent to Bethenney™'s outré actions.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

That scene at the restaurant was ridiculous.  Starting when they were being seated and Bethenny declared that she would sit at the end.  Important seat - that way, she can control the conversation and appear to be in charge.  Then, when she brought up the trip, and they were all "voting" whether to invite Sonja and Luann or not??  I was reminded of high school girl cliques or college sorority girls voting whether to let someone join or not.  Why not just pass around a velvet bag and black and white marbles, so they could see who would be black-balled??  Loved that Ramona just sat there and wouldn't voice an opinion one way or the other - one time Ramona was smart and kept her mouth shut.

And, is Sonja's drinking problem that much of an issue?  Or, is Bethenny afraid that Sonja will make a fool of herself talking about "her" prosecco instead of oohing and aahing over the flavors of Bethenny's new tequila based dreck?

If this trip actually happens and they don't bring Sonja along, I will be pissed.  I'm not a fan of any of this trips, because they make it seem like the "hostess" is being generous and magnanimous, when we all know that Bravo and the production company is footing the bill for everyone; so, everyone should attend, unless it's not possible for a good reason - not just because one housewife has a petty, bullshit dislike for another.

Ramona may not have voted but she was the one to ask if Luann "should" be invited or not. I think Bethenny not asking her straight up what she wanted was Bethenny protecting Ramona and IMO, Ramona would have said NO to both Sonja and Luann being invited had she been pressed for an answer.

• Love 11

The editing is always wonky, but tonight I swear there was a dubbed voice-over.  It was in the manicure scene.  In the midst of Sonja talking, the camera panned away from her, Sonja's very obvious voice-over was dubbed in, and then the camera returned to Sonja, and the real conversation continued.  And what she was saying was inconsequential.  WTF?

• Love 3

Carole talking about her foster cat: zzzzzz.  I could see Bethenny's eyes glazing over.  And once again, Carole invokes the JFK Jr. accident again.  It's her go-to card whenever she senses that interest in her is starting to wane.  That and her dead husband. 

I don't even understand what she was saying.   She didn't get to say goodbye?  Did the shelter people break into her apartment to take back the cat? What?  I'm convinced that she's deliberately keeping this Luann thing going because it's all she really has this season. 

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Then, when she brought up the trip, and they were all "voting" whether to invite Sonja and Luann or not??

How very middle school lunch room of them.  These ladies need things to do.

Carole - I hope Mr. Hipster dumps her after the cookbook.  They seem ridiculous.

Ramona - the whole hair process seemed so weird to me.  If you have thin hair or losing your hair then maybe.  If you have good hair why would you wreck it with fake hair?  Her daughter seems just as surprised as us all about her mother.

Jules - When I watched the episode and her husband was taking a selfie with earplugs in.......no normal guy does that.  I said to myself, "He's cheating". 

36 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Not the least bit surprised to hear that Jules and her hubby are divorcing after seeing his total disinterest in her in tonight's epi. And running an hour late and then having to shower as soon as he gets home?

That too!

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

That scene at the restaurant was ridiculous.  Starting when they were being seated and Bethenny declared that she would sit at the end.  Important seat - that way, she can control the conversation and appear to be in charge.  Then, when she brought up the trip, and they were all "voting" whether to invite Sonja and Luann or not??  I was reminded of high school girl cliques or college sorority girls voting whether to let someone join or not.  Why not just pass around a velvet bag and black and white marbles, so they could see who would be black-balled??  Loved that Ramona just sat there and wouldn't voice an opinion one way or the other - one time Ramona was smart and kept her mouth shut.

Oh, it was absolutely cafeteria cliquey, but in this case that's what made it entertaining to watch. These women have a way of asserting themselves even when they know they're out ranked. Jules made a face that spoke volumes, for once Ramona didn't have to bug out her eyes for us to know exactly what she was really thinking, and Dorinda continued to play the "keeping it real but not really" minion she's done so adeptly all last season and this. 

Sure, there's dissension in the ranks, and it's sort of fun seeing it trickle out instead of erupting in a ball of flames all the time.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Could be, but Beth said she didn't feel well. She said she was worried and that she thought something was wrong. Lu seemed insulted at the implication from Beth that they might not be friends later on in the conversation. If you are friends with someone, and they share something like that with you, you stop and you make it about them for a time. Lu didn't do that. She made it all about herself. Later when Beth said she was feeling really bad and wanted to get home, Lu tried to convince her into staying and having another glass of wine because Lu was more concerned about the Mexico trip. Just seemed extremely insensitive to me, and I didn't remember that about Lu. 

I have to agree with you.  Luann did come across very unconcerned about Bethenny's health, and not only that, but after forcing Bethenny to have a second glass of wine, she stuck Bethenny with the bill....again!!  (I think this is one way Luann gets back at Bethenny.)

I have to say, however, that I LOVED Luann's comment to Bethenny about men and women who were in a romantic relationship remaining friends afterwards, and that Bethenny wouldn't know about that because she's never had that happen....that was such a great dig at Bethenny, and I think Bethenny was a little speechless because Luann fired a good, unexpected shot at Bethenny and she didn't have a comback!   

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I hope Luann and Tom get married, happily, long term, married just to piss Ramona off! LOL

When Luann told Ramona that she and Tom were going to get married, you could almost see the wheels spinning in Ramona's brain, thinking "Shit - how did I let that one get away?"

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 20
(edited)
49 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

This may be one of my fav RHNY epis ever. So much to snark about. First of all, the countess was typically countess-y when she introduced herself to Sonja's intern Alex and Sonja told Lu that Alex has been her intern for two years. Apparently Lu has not been mentoring Sonja all that much if she has not run into Alex recently, let alone in the last two years. An epi is never satisfying to me unless there is one count-less scene. And how long to do you have to be an intern with Sonja before you become a paid employee? That is a rhetorical question. We all know the answer is - forever.

Not the least bit surprised to hear that Jules and her hubby are divorcing after seeing his total disinterest in her in tonight's epi. And running an hour late and then having to shower as soon as he gets home? Dead give away. I am confused though about her father's never ending surgery. In the last epi which was filmed three weeks before she stated that her father was having his hip surgery that day (this while in her kitchen complaining that she is the only parent her children have). Now on this epi - filmed three weeks later - he is now having the surgery. Sounds like Jules went to the countess's school of questionalbe timelines

Bethenny came up with one of my fav all time lines when she said LuAnn is in the chia pet of relationships. Priceless!! So to one person Lu claims she and Tom have been dating for 6 weeks and to another they have been dating 4 weeks. One would think it would be easy to keep such a short time line straight. And Sonja claims that she slept with Tom 4 weeks ago but Lu says they have been inseperable for 6 weeks. So either Lu was there when Tom slept with Sonja or Tom is not the greatest guy in the world despite Lu's claims. And giving an ex a gold bracelet for xmas when you have been dating the love of your life and soul mate for a whole month already? Great guy ideed

At Dorinda's sleepover, Jules said that her father was scheduled for surgery (hip) but developed pneumonia and ended up in ICU. He didn't have the surgery then, it was put off until he got better/strong enough.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

Sonja's on WWHL and saying she's dated Tom forever and it wasn't a (as Luann said) Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am with them.  She's surprised about Jules' divorce and she's being kind.

There is more talk about Tom and Sonja.  She says she was with him just before Thanksgiving. 

I think Sonja's memory fogs over when it's advantageous for her, and I also think that she bends the truth a bit now and then....and that's being kind about Sonja!   ;-)

• Love 9

As much as I don't like Carole this season, I don't think she invokes the tragedy of JFK Jr. and Carolyn.  IMO, she talks very little of it and purposefully does so.  They were close.  This happened three weeks before her husband's death.  Heck, I was shocked when that accident happened.  No matter how you feel about the Kennedys', so much tragedy has happened to this family.  To be personally related, I would think it would be devastating.  I haven't mentioned it before on this thread but I do get Carole's feelings about  relationships being temporary because of her experience.

IMO, Carole 'is' the reason why she is the way she is because of the death of her husband, and of John and Carolyn.   I think it affected her tremendously.  She could have gone back to 'news' production but she chose not to.  I think she has a lot of demons to deal with.  Unfortunately, her life now is just not that interesting.  She's not that interesting.  Her life is interesting but not enough for this kind of show.  She just doesn't bring anything with the life she chooses now.  

5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

At Dorinda's sleepover, Jules said that her father was scheduled for surgery (hip) but developed pneumonia and ended up in ICU. He didn't have the surgery then, it was put off until he got better/strong enough.

But didn't she also say last episode that the surgery was going to happen because he was ok?  I was surprised that the surgery was just done because of what she said last episode. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

I heard her say she has "known" Tom for years and then Luann tweeted that Tom said that he went out with/slept with Sonja 1 time. Andy then tried to pin Sonja down by asking her how many times she "went out" with Tom, she smiled and he asked "once?" and she replied that no one just sleeps with her 1 time. LOL I don't think Sonja was with Tom all that may times and I doubt she slept with him right before Luann/Tom got together. She was cagy/evasive about him and how often they were 'together". LOL

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Southernbelle55 said:

Poor Sonya. I hope she's not counting on her Housewives salary for next season. Bethenny is going to make sure no one will film with her so she'll be out. I admit, I'm loving Luann this season. She's never looked better and boy, can she play the game. Talk about giving zero f****. Carole is so awful this year. That's her storyline--stupid cats and a boyfriend with a voice as grating as hers? I'm surprised the animals can stand listening to them. And when he pulled out the guitar, I got John Belushi vibes also! Yikes.

When Adam pulled out that guitar, I thought he was going to serenade Carole the same way Whitney from Southen Charm did to his beard girlfriend, and start singing "I fucking love you, I fucking love you"....

I also wondered if he and Carole put any "secret" ingredients into that chocolate cake so they could continue with their buzz - he seemed like he had just smoked some weed, and I always think that about Carole, so, I wondered if ALL of the ingredients of that healthy chocolate cake will be in the cookbook.   ;-)

And I agree, Adam's voice grated on my last nerve.  I don't like him, and I think he's using Carole for screentime and to get his name/face out there.  

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, which is why I specified that this scene was in her kitchen. I should have clarified. It is after Dorinda's sleepover. Jules explains in the TH that her dad had pneumonia but has now stabilized and is having surgery. She tells Michael in the kitchen scene that he is having the surgery 'today'. If anyone still has last week's epi on PVR it is at the 37-38 minute mark and is after the sleepover, when Jules is once again complaining about how hard her life is without a nanny.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

As much as I don't like Carole this season, I don't think she invokes the tragedy of JFK Jr. and Carolyn.  IMO, she talks very little of it and purposefully does so.  They were close.  This happened three weeks before her husband's death.  Heck, I was shocked when that accident happened.  No matter how you feel about the Kennedys', so much tragedy has happened to this family.  To be personally related, I would think it would be devastating.  I haven't mentioned it before on this thread but I do get Carole's feelings about  relationships being temporary because of her experience.

IMO, Carole 'is' the reason why she is the way she is because of the death of her husband, and of John and Carolyn.   I think it affected her tremendously.  She could have gone back to 'news' production but she chose not to.  I think she has a lot of demons to deal with.  Unfortunately, her life now is just not that interesting.  She's not that interesting.  Her life is interesting but not enough for this kind of show.  She just doesn't bring anything with the life she chooses now.  

But didn't she also say last episode that the surgery was going to happen because he was ok?  I was surprised that the surgery was just done because of what she said last episode. 

Answered below. LOL

2 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Yes, which is why I specified that this scene was in her kitchen. I should have clarified. It is after Dorinda's sleepover. Jules explains in the TH that her dad had pneumonia but has now stabilized and is having surgery. She tells Michael in the kitchen scene that he is having the surgery 'today'. If anyone still has last week's epi on PVR it is at the 37-38 minute mark and is after the sleepover, when Jules is once again complaining about how hard her life is without a nanny.

I think he had already had the surgery when this last episode was filmed and she was dealing with the recovery part when she/Michael/Dorinda/John met for dinner. She talked about being overwhelmed with everything, that Michael wasn't helping out at home with the kids at all and Dorinda backed her up on that.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Methenny should never show her neck because it looks scrawny; she looks older than me and I'm fifty-six.  

I think Adam is with Carole for fame, either that or he has a mommy fetish.  I can't see a young man wanting to curl up next to that nasty, scrawny body.  They have zero chemistry, like two bad actors pretending to be in love with each other.  

Some people are mature enough to look past a person's appearance.  Not all, apparently no matter their age, even in their 50s. But a mature adult doesn't care what somebody looks like. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Jules is at her wit's end with her jackass husband. That is coming through loud and clear. I suppose he is on his phone constantly with his girlfriend, hence the divorce. Good riddance. I feel bad for her.

I kinda don't feel bad for her, nobody deserves to be cheated on but the woman doesn't work but panics at the thought of taking care of her own children.   That right there shows me what kind of person she is, selfish and self centered. 

Just my opinion but a person who can not take care of their own children and who compares the death of somebody's realitve to her nanny quitting just isn't that great of a person in my eyes. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Answered below. LOL

I think he had already had the surgery when this last episode was filmed and she was dealing with the recovery part when she/Michael/Dorinda/John met for dinner. She talked about being overwhelmed with everything, that Michael wasn't helping out at home with the kids at all and Dorinda backed her up on that.

My reference was when Jules met up with the girls to discuss Bethenny's proposed trip. Maybe it is the editing gurus but the epi starts with the Sonja/Lu scene and states on the screen that it takes place three weeks after Ramona's party. Which is after Dorinda' sleepover. Jules states that he father is having surgery that day in the last epi, after Dorinda's sleepover. Three weeks later when she arrives for Bethenny's get together and (I think) Bethenny asks how her dad is she says he is out of ICU. After three weeks I would hope so. I don't know about in the states but I know a few people who have had hip replacement surgery here (in Canada) and they are out of the hospital after 4-5 days. My point is I think Jules is milking this for sympathy. She only ever seems to talk to her dad on the phone which is what she said at Dorinda's sleepover and again at Beth's gathering. I think she if very ill equipped to deal with life in general and will say pretty much anything and use pretty much anyone to garner sympathy for her hard done by life. I hope a divorce doesn't get her an extension on the show as I really don't like her. At all.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

My reference was when Jules met up with the girls to discuss Bethenny's proposed trip. Maybe it is the editing gurus but the epi starts with the Sonja/Lu scene and states on the screen that it takes place three weeks after Ramona's party. Which is after Dorinda' sleepover. Jules states that he father is having surgery that day in the last epi, after Dorinda's sleepover. Three weeks later when she arrives for Bethenny's get together and (I think) Bethenny asks how her dad is she says he is out of ICU. After three weeks I would hope so. I don't know about in the states but I know a few people who have had hip replacement surgery here (in Canada) and they are out of the hospital after 4-5 days. My point is I think Jules is milking this for sympathy. She only ever seems to talk to her dad on the phone which is what she said at Dorinda's sleepover and again at Beth's gathering. I think she if very ill equipped to deal with life in general and will say pretty much anything and use pretty much anyone to garner sympathy for her hard done by life. I hope a divorce doesn't get her an extension on the show as I really don't like her. At all.

I think it is editing, not Jules. I think it is possible that her dad ended up back in the ICU after his surgery.

• Love 4

Calling these women "wives" is a misnomer. You have widows, you have divorcees and the soon to be dumped. Not a housewife in the crew.

I do have the producers ditch Carole..she is beyond tedious. A sixty-year old widow who fosters cats is very sweet...but not for this show. She is clearly fostering her boy-chef, while pretending to write a cookbook. Of course, she has blown off her deadlines for contracted books, showing utter disregard for her editor and publishing house, while snagging a good chunk of the advance. And trying to hold onto her grudge against Luann a year later is simply sad for her. Woman has nothing real happening in her life.

Since Bravo is giving Beth the sweetheart edit, it is amazing that she shows herself such a vulgar, angry bitch. Imagine what the editors left on the cutting room floor. She is clearly threatened by Luann...but why? Old Beth has the money, the success, the kid, the apartment and the Hamptons house...yet, she is to the bone ugly, adding meth head to her attacks on Lu, after last weeks "whore, slut, whose" chorus. Must be the realization when she wakes every morning, that yes, she is still Bethenny, and there is no escape.

• Love 21
(edited)

Regarding Jules - who knows if it is editing or her stretching the truth. Regardless I stand by my comments that she is ill equipped to deal with life in general. Even with a housekeeper, nanny, etc. And is using her father's illness to gain sympathy. If she was really worried about him she would have gone to see him rather that be at Dorinda's sleepover.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I think Sonja's memory fogs over when it's advantageous for her, and I also think that she bends the truth a bit now and then....and that's being kind about Sonja!   ;-)

I think we all know about Sonja's convenient memory lapses bending the truth when it comes to her business deals--the movie lawsuit, the toaster oven, the Sonja in the City parties (which if you look at the pictures on her website there no pictures of the decor or food, just her interns), the fashion line, and the prosecco that she's wanted to do for years.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

What the hell has happened to Luann over 8 seasons?! She used to be somewhat likable (as much as a RH can be), and so concerned with manners and decorum. Now she's acting like a bawdy lush who can't keep her mouth shut.

The way that she's bragging about Tom is so strange. And did he propose or was this just a random Tuesday night conversation of "I think we should get married"? "Alrighty!"

I've thought this all season, but even moreso now - she has been coming across as being extremely desperate to me.  I felt embarassed for her by how she seems more excited by what appears to be more of a feeling of validation because a man "wants to marry her" than the fact that she is in love and has met the man of her dreams.  I felt like she has done this with every man she's had contact with since her divorce - well, except for the pirate, but only because of her now ex-boyfriend.  She brags about conquests in a way that suggests that her self esteem is pretty low.  I think she had a lot of confidence as a result of who she was married to before, and she really flailed without that once she was single again.  Now, her giddiness seems to be due to finding a sense of security again and a feeling that she's "good enough".   Sad. 

It was also pretty pathetic when she invited herself on the trip with Bethenny - how can she not see how desperate she appears?  I think she is too desperate to care!  She is really freaked about the thought of losing another huge piece of her identity as a housewife.  

Ramona is annoying as hell, as usual.  She would throw Avery under the bus for her own gain, I guarantee it.  She's disgusting.

This bullshit junior high game that Bethenny is playing with her sidekick is ridiculous.  Another total embarassment tonight.  

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 14
(edited)

Not being a professional chef like Adam, I had to question when they put the cake pan in the oven and left several empty baking pans.  Yuck on a guy cooking with a tank top on. Wear something with sleeves. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

The editing is always wonky, but tonight I swear there was a dubbed voice-over.  It was in the manicure scene.  In the midst of Sonja talking, the camera panned away from her, Sonja's very obvious voice-over was dubbed in, and then the camera returned to Sonja, and the real conversation continued.  And what she was saying was inconsequential.  WTF?

I noticed it when Jules came into the bar. One of the women asked how her father was, and for some reason her response was dubbed in. Makes me wonder what she really said. Maybe the wonky timeline came into play here?

2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Alcohol for fat tipsy bitches is a product I can support. They could've used Sonja at Sterling Cooper Draper Price.

Fat Betty Bordeaux! SkinnyBetty Manhattans! DrunkDon ready-to-pour Old Fashioneds! A silhouette of a passed-out Don falling out a window as the logo! Brilliant!

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

The LuAnn and Tom thing seems so suspect. 4 - 6 weeks together and they're moving in and planning for marriage? So very strange. For once, I actually think Ramona was trying to be a semi-decent friend by letting LuAnn know what she knows about Tom. The old Ramona would have pressed and belabored it. This time she said her piece and let it drop.

Not that I ever cared for her, but Luann came across extra seedy this episode. "Let me RUB IT IN YOUR FACE that I'm marrying your hookup, Sawn!" 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 9