Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Invitation Interrupted

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I think that Jules may have grown up with nannies and housekeepers - she mentioned to Micheal that "her Mom didn't do all of this" when she was making eggs and coffee (I think those are the only two things she knows how to cook...).

Her panic was probably because she has never had to juggle her schedule before, as it seems she has always had a nanny for her kids.  Plus, she was worrying about her father (I'm guessing he was in a hospital in Edison, NJ), and she was wondering how the kids were going to get to/from school, etc.  I mean, not for nothing, but Michael's office is right downstairs from their apartment - couldn't he have adjusted his schedule so that she could be with her father and mother, and he could have handled picking up Jagger from school?  I guess they don't have friends in the school, where she could have arranged a playdate for Jagger after school, to go to a friend's house until someone could pick him up.  

I get what you're saying, and agree with you about caring for her children, but in her world, the panic is real.

Oh, this is what I forgot.   This doesn't bother ya'll?  Ok, I get she might be spoiled and all that but when she was describing coming back from the Berkshires (did she say at night?) and the kids were still in their school clothes and nobody had had a bath or anything.  Um, what the hell?  How much skill do you need to feed and bathe your own kids?

• Love 19
(edited)
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I did wonder if that scene of her and Carole in her bedroom was something recently filmed and added. Something about it... and seriously her mentioning the dude being in love with her and wanting to marry her - humble brag.  As much as she said she didn't believe in psychics, I thought she was a little taken back when weeks back that one told her she would never marry again.  I think she wants marriage but will only do so with someone of equal or more preferably greater financial means than her own.

I thought her TH during this scene was telling of Bethenny as a person. Everything she said was intended as a dig at Jason. She basically said 'it's nice that this man is everything that Jason isn't'. What I found very telling was when she said "I don't want him living my life in my apartment with my money. I want a partner." Wasn't it Bethenny that asked Jason to leave his job to work on SkinnyGirl with her?  She said she wanted Jason to be passionate about something the way she is about SkinnyGirl? How are you going to throw that back in his face when you were the one that brought him into your life? I don't recall Jason grovelling to be with her or to live her life. That TH seemed like revisionist history.

Bethenny has a 'my way' personality. You can't say that you don't want someone infringing on your territory if you aren't willing to compromise your territory for mutual territory at least. Would you move out of your renovated place so that the two of you can buy a place together? The way Bethenny is talking - her version of a partner is a forever boyfriend who she can go out to dinner with, on vacation with, sleep with...but hey, we ain't ever sharing a zip code.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Oh, this is what I forgot.   This doesn't bother ya'll?  Ok, I get she might be spoiled and all that but when she was describing coming back from the Berkshires (did she say at night?) and the kids were still in their school clothes and nobody had had a bath or anything.  Um, what the hell?  How much skill do you need to feed and bathe your own kids?

I was even more angry when he seemingly got pissed with her for not quickly shutting up their child with milk. As she said, he could have just as easily done it, especially knowing that she had just come home after spending all day with her sick father. And I believe that story and his reaction because at the dinner table, he suggested that HER mother come watch the children. What loving, attentive husband wouldn't be considerate of the fact that her mother was taking care of her ill husband? And when she pointed it out, he didn't even have a 'stupid me' moment.

• Love 24
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Just looking at Bethenny, she has this mean, nasty, unhappy look on her face and her voice is shrill.  Her face looks ten years older than she is, unless she's lying about her age.  I'm looking at Bethenny's face and Luann's face and Luann looks younger than Bethenny, because Bethenny always looks so tired and miserable; which I guess is how a person looks who feels they have to be snarky 24/7/365.  

Her eyes were really freaking me out last night. I don't know if she was doing different make-up, or if I noticed because I was watching on the "good" TV in the living room for once (I usually watch this nonsense on the older TV in the bedroom, with my wine and jammies, thanks), but her eyes looked dead, like a shark's. Or like Robert Durst's. (in which case, Carole, run girl)

13 hours ago, KFC said:

At first the glaring power inequity between Beth and the other HWs irritated me, but as the season's gone on, the women have found a way to make it somehow entertaining to me. The way they sidestep but still allude to their real feelings; it's a pretty deft dance they're all doing, and I'm enjoying watching.

That final scene between Lu and Bethenny was pretty funny. Luann was clearly/alternately annoyed/squirmy but watching her navigate kissing the ring with her impatience at Bethenny/getting that greenlight for the Mexico trip was all kinds of hilarious.

The Dorinda/Sonja manicure scene was as close as I've seen them come to breaking the fourth wall, with all the references to teams and choosing and whatnot. 

• Love 4

Let's see here, Ramona says she went on 7 or so dates with Tom over the course of a few months (she even said their last date was a week or so before the infamous "I'm next" LuAnn/Tom meeting).  Their dating was reported on http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3240662/Ramona-Singer-dating-New-York-business-Mogul-Thomas-D-Agostino-Jr-catching-estranged-husband-cheating.html

Tom (through Lu) says he and Ramona had one date. 

Sonja says she was seeing/dating/fucking Tom for years, up and until the infamous I'm next meeting.

Tom (through Lu) says it was a one night stand.

Ramona says Tom regularly contacts his ex, saying I love you and buying her jewelry as a gift.

Tom (through Lu) says they are just friends.

Mmmmmhmmmmmm.  LuAnn, he's your soul-mate. 

• Love 12

I've got a real problem with the condescending attitude about Sonja's drinking, particularly from the likes of Dorinda and Ramona. I didn't get Dorinda's end game with Sonja, with taking Sonja out for manicures only to tell her how little the others think about her, particularly her one-time BFF, Ramona. Part of me wondered if Dorinda is still pissed off about Ramona and John and that she's stoking anti-Ramona sentiment in Sonja too.

Asking Sonja to give up Tipsy Girl to appease Bethenny was beyond ridiculous.

LuAnn's "he wants to marry me!" giddiness in front of Ramona and Sonja - either completely tone deaf, or gloating, or clueless. And she seems too calculating to be clueless.

• Love 14
(edited)
19 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Isn't it possible that Luann just really didn't want to meet with Bethenny, because she was still reeling from Bethenny's nastiness in the Berkshires?  But, she had to meet with Bethenny because the producers told her she had to, in order to kiss Bethenny's ring yet again, and garner good favor and an invitation to Mexico.  

So, instead of crawling and bowing, she took the upper hand and control of the situation (admittedly, she was nervous about it), by playing the "I'm madly in love" card, and basically throwing Bethenny off her game, and then managed to invite herself along to Mexico.  I give her credit - she didn't really give Bethenny a chance to offer or refuse to offer an invitation.  Luann was all "Well, good, so I'm going to Mexico with you all, and now, I have a hot date, so, thanks for the drinks, I'll pick up the tab next time", and out the door she went, without even giving Bethenny a choice in the matter.  

Luann did her job, got her invite, satisfied the producers. got a few jabs in at Bethenny, and is going on the girls' trip, all without being yelled or screamed at (well, Bethenny did call her a meth-head, but, overall, Luann controlled that entire conversation)...as far as I can see, mission accomplished!!  

In this day and age (and political climate), I'd say anything is possible! Is it likely?  My instincts say "no."   

And yikes. If how Lu acted means having the "upper hand," I'd most certainly be happy to take possession of the lower.  But that is just me.

I very heartily doubt that production forced Lu to meet with Beth. Unless production is also behind her decisions to STAY in the Berkshires and continued trying to get on Bethenny's good side---despite getting repeatedly railed upon (and pretty much ignored by everybody as they kept walking away from their "scenes" with her).  And then they must have forced her to go and sidle right up to Beth at Ramona's holiday party despite being ripped several new ones just days prior. 

Those ain't the actions of somebody being forced to do something for productions sake, to me. But we all interpret these scenes different and vive la difference (said in Lu's or T-Rav's bad French accent). 

And it must be said that none of these feelings I have about Lu impact how much I gleefully abhor Bethenny Frankel. I still very much believe she (BF) is the cause of just about ALL of the rifts and angst this season among the ladies. I just hate to see Lu acting so desperately to please her that she appears willing to sacrifice her grace, dignity and self-respect.  

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 10
50 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

That did bother me, and his nasty comment about their daughter wanting milk and he wanted Jules to get it.  What's up with Michael, he doesn't know how to give a child a glass of milk?  I thought that was shady, and I didn't know anything about a possible divorce; Michael just seems shady for some reason, now I know why.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I think the point that Jules was trying to make was that she got back late, and her husband hadn't done anything with the kids, like give them their baths, or have them change out of their school clothes, so she had to do it.

If I were her, I would have been pissed too.  When my kids were young, and if I went out for the day, I expected my husband, their father, to do the routine daily care things, and try to keep them on their schedules.

Yeah, no I was agreeing, sorry if that wasn't clear.  To RHJunkie's point what's worse is he thought his mother in law, the one taking care of a sick spouse in the hospital made more sense as a substitute than his own retired mother. 

3 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I think the point that Jules was trying to make was that she got back late, and her husband hadn't done anything with the kids, like give them their baths, or have them change out of their school clothes, so she had to do it.

If I were her, I would have been pissed too.  When my kids were young, and if I went out for the day, I expected my husband, their father, to do the routine daily care things, and try to keep them on their schedules.

Yeah, no I was agreeing, sorry if that wasn't clear.  To RHJunkie's point what's worse is he thought his mother in law, the one taking care of a sick spouse in the hospital made more sense as a substitute than his own retired mother. 

• Love 10

I think Ramona is totally jealous that Lu has a fiance, and I think Sonja exaggerates (lies) about her ONS's with various men, trips to Gstaad, and partying on P Diddy's yacht, and Bethy has no room to pretend "concern" about Lu's love life after calling her a slut and a whore at the top of her lungs.  So I pay no mind to their comments about Tom. 

However, even if their statements were totally true, I do think that Lu gives zero fucks because that just means that Lu and Tom are two peas in a pod - Lu is no different from Tom!  Perhaps that does make them soul mates, lol.  I don't care either way, but I do love that Lu is giddy happy in the face of the three crows of doom, and that you could see Ramona's face drop when she heard the news.  I laughed, I cackled, I did a happy dance.  Sorry, not sorry, Ramona!  I've been waiting to see Ramona's downfall since the beginning when she was so freaking smug about her oh-so-wonderful marriage and rubbing it in everyone's faces for years, but TPTB let her off easy with Mario's cheating and dumping her, so I will take this instead.

• Love 20

As for Carole's way of saying 'ki-en', does she say 'Manha-en' too?

I'm sure she does and she would be correct. :) 

I don't follow gossip blogs so I hadn't heard about Jules divorce proceedings but I was thinking during the dinner scene that she should just leave him. I hate when women stay in relationships when they are being disrespected. Then I thought that lots of these women can't (won't) leave because they have no education and no skills...then I remembered in Jules case her husband has lots of money so take him to the cleaners AND leave him with the kids if you can since you don't seem to like them.

I agree with you guys concerning Jules and her non parenting/housekeeping skills. This is who she is and I'm sure Michael knew this when he married her. Her not having a job doesn't mean he doesn't have to lift a damn finger when it comes to his children. He doesn't get to use this as an excuse to treat her like shit. 

I can't wait for Mexico. Is LuAnn invited or not? I really can't stand her but I do recognize things will be more entertaining with her there. Sonja too.

I miss Vinny the kitty already.

• Love 8
(edited)
14 hours ago, ryebread said:

Luann is acting weird about this dude.  She's fake/giddy.  Or something.

I said it 3 weeks or so ago when we were first introduced Tom but I'll say it again:

These two aren't going to make it down the aisle.

I'm suspicious of Luann and Tom. I also find her 'giddiness' and over the top emotions just a little too disingenuous. Are we really expected to believe that this guy Tom actually dated Sonja after meeting and falling hopelessly in love with Luann?  Sorry, I can't buy that. I have a suspicion that this is Bravo and Luann's concocted story line intended to bring more Luann drama to the plot. Imagine if 'poor Luann' gets jilted or finds out that Tom has been telling other women how much he loves them and bla-ble-blu? It's just not feeling right to me and I don't trust Luann one bit when she claims to have found her 'soulmate', how cheesy. Quoting Luann; 'Tom told me that he ''hooked up'' with Sonja, so I think it was a bit of the wham-bam-thank- you-ma'am kind of story,' Luann giggled on camera. 'Y'know - quick in and out.'  Is this REALLY the man that Luann feels is her soulmate? A guy that has sex with any woman just for sex?  He did that with Sonja after he met Luann. (Big red flag there)

Jules and Michael.... I feel really badly for Jules because she knew during the filming of that scene with Dorinda and John that Michael was cheating on her. To add insult to injury he leaves their table and within sight pf Jules he commences texting, taking selfies and communicating with another woman. That was just down and out scumbaggery. Jules expressed her frustration and fear about her hair loss to Dorinda and pointed out the dime size bald spot on top of her head. Dorinda really sort of blew that off as though is was no big deal, but to any woman it IS a big deal! Jules credited nerves to her hair loss but usually 'alopecia areata' results in round areas of total hair loss caused by an autoimmune disorder. The immune system actually attacks hair follicles.

Carole and Adam are just a creepy couple. He's using her for television exposure and she's using him for a story line for herself, she has nothing else.  So, they're using each other for personal gain in some way, not unusual at all.

Edited by HumblePi
I edited to vent about creepy Michael
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Sorry - I misunderstood your post!!  ;-)  Michael isn't looking so great in my eyes right now...(although, to be honest, I didn't like the way Jules described him in the beginning, saying he only dated models, or tall Russian girls, or whatever the hell it was - it seemed kind of shallow, whatever the description she gave).

• Love 5

I'm kind of interested in the Mexico trip.....

Does anyone know if Tom and Harry were invited?  And, which woman on the trip is going to hook up with a Dick?   Ah, yes, I can see the jokes flying.  All because of Tom, Dick and Harry.  

Bethenny and Carol may be staying home.  Just saying.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Isn't it possible that Luann just really didn't want to meet with Bethenny, because she was still reeling from Bethenny's nastiness in the Berkshires?  But, she had to meet with Bethenny because the producers told her she had to, in order to kiss Bethenny's ring yet again, and garner good favor and an invitation to Mexico.  

So, instead of crawling and bowing, she took the upper hand and control of the situation (admittedly, she was nervous about it), by playing the "I'm madly in love" card, and basically throwing Bethenny off her game, and then managed to invite herself along to Mexico.  I give her credit - she didn't really give Bethenny a chance to offer or refuse to offer an invitation.  Luann was all "Well, good, so I'm going to Mexico with you all, and now, I have a hot date, so, thanks for the drinks, I'll pick up the tab next time", and out the door she went, without even giving Bethenny a choice in the matter.  

Luann did her job, got her invite, satisfied the producers. got a few jabs in at Bethenny, and is going on the girls' trip, all without being yelled or screamed at (well, Bethenny did call her a meth-head, but, overall, Luann controlled that entire conversation)...as far as I can see, mission accomplished!!  

It's almost like she took a play out of the Ramona HW Handbook.

Ramble, barrel over the other HW and just keep on driving the manic steamroller, and your opponent won't know what the hell just happened. It's kind of perfect: She "wins" the argument because the other HW is still left stunned, going WTF? without escalating into shouting, and it makes for one of those crazy, "these women are nuts!" viewer moments that the producers still love.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, KFC said:

It's almost like she took a play out of the Ramona HW Handbook.

Ramble, barrel over the other HW and just keep on driving the manic steamroller, and your opponent won't know what the hell just happened. It's kind of perfect: She "wins" the argument because the other HW is still left stunned, going WTF? without escalating into shouting, and it makes for one of those crazy, "these women are nuts!" viewer moments that the producers still love.

Exactly!!  I don't know if it was producer manipulation (telling Luann one arrival time and Bethenny a later arrival) or if Bethenny was really just running late because of her health issues, but that, right there, put Luann in control of the situation.  Luann was waiting for Bethenny, which gave her the upper hand right from the start.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

In this day and age (and political climate), I'd say anything is possible! Is it likely?  My instincts say "no."   

And yikes. If how Lu acted means having the "upper hand," I'd most certainly be happy to take possession of the lower.  But that is just me.

I very heartily doubt that production forced Lu to meet with Beth. Unless production is also behind her decisions to STAY in the Berkshires and continued trying to get on Bethenny's good side---despite getting repeatedly railed upon (and pretty much ignored by everybody as they kept walking away from their "scenes" with her).  And then they must have forced her to go and sidle right up to Beth at Ramona's holiday party despite being ripped several new ones just days prior. 

Those ain't the actions of somebody being forced to do something for productions sake, to me. But we all interpret these scenes different and vive la difference (said in Lu's or T-Rav's bad French accent). 

And it must be said that none of these feelings I have about Lu impact how much I gleefully abhor Bethenny Frankel. I still very much believe she (BF) is the cause of just about ALL of the rifts and angst this season among the ladies. I just hate to see Lu acting so desperately to please her that she appears willing to sacrifice her grace, dignity and self-respect.  

I think the Luann that gave Bethenny a thoughtful birthday gift at Ramona's party is the Luann that was trying to please and kiss ass to Bethenny. I think the Luann post-Berkshires is being strategic. Luann hasn't been out of control or brought drama even though she's been involved in a lot of it this season. If she were desperate for camera time, I think she would be a lot more instigating and she would have a lot of ammunition to keep things going considering the things that have been said about her so far. I do think Luann is smart enough to know that she does need some camera time to keep her place on the show and the only way for that to happen is to be included among the other women.  Dorinda, Ramona and Carole are set to be on Team Bethenny. Seeing that Jules didn't even consider Sonja and went with the group when voting on the Mexico trip also suggests that she would prefer to be in Bethenny's good graces. Luann's behaviour at drinks with Bethenny was certainly audacious but she's toting the line of being pleasant and cordial but still throwing shade at Bethenny in moments. I see where she had the upper hand in the sense that she basically said 'I'm not going to let you exclude me'. Luann brings entertainment with her audacious 'but I'm the Countess I can do what I want darling'. Bethenny brings the entertainment with her 'I'm honest in the meanest way possible'. Ramona and Sonja are entertaining because both say whatever is on their mind though Ramona is far more malicious about it. Luann is simply doing her part in the way she feels most comfortable. After the Berkshires incident, Bethenny defended her actions but also said that while it was hard to believe, she had love for every single one of the women and she made a comment that inferred that they're trying to make good TV. Not necessarily that things are fake, but the women are probably tapping into the more extreme parts of their personality. Well except for Ramona - I think she's as loose lipped on the show as anywhere else.

• Love 5

I loved the Luanne/Bethenny meeting.  Luanne says she's going to be late, so Bethenny is more late.  Power move.  Lu looked amazing.  It's so hard to look good in a white suit but she pulled it off.  Lu doesn't let Bethenny get to her.  Bethenny looked kind of small and pathetic but perhaps that was because she was sick.  Lu stiffing her with the check?  Brilliant.  I don't think Tom has any money but he thinks Luanne does.  Trainwreck ahead.  Even if Tom is from a successful family, that doesn't mean anything especially if the older generations are still around.

I loved it when Dorinda said any woman with kids hates her husband (albeit temporarily) at some point.  So true.  I don't think men can handle much.

I like Jules but I'm worried she doesn't have the life skills to be a single mom even if ex-hubby pays for everything.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

I loved the Luanne/Bethenny meeting.  Luanne says she's going to be late, so Bethenny is more late.  Power move.  Lu looked amazing.  It's so hard to look good in a white suit but she pulled it off.  Lu doesn't let Bethenny get to her.  Bethenny looked kind of small and pathetic but perhaps that was because she was sick.  Lu stiffing her with the check?  Brilliant.  I don't think Tom has any money but he thinks Luanne does.  Trainwreck ahead.  Even if Tom is from a successful family, that doesn't mean anything especially if the older generations are still around.

I loved it when Dorinda said any woman with kids hates her husband (albeit temporarily) at some point.  So true.  I don't think men can handle much.

I like Jules but I'm worried she doesn't have the life skills to be a single mom even if ex-hubby pays for everything.

Well, The reason the U.S. never thought to send a woman to set foot on the moon was the complaints about the space suits they'd have to wear.

The only come in white and they really do make a person look fat?

• Love 3

Does anyone else wonder if LuLu's 'We are soulmates and may be getting married.' happened the same way as LuLu's 'I accept your invitation to go to Mexico.'?

• Love 23

I bet the Mexico trip gets called on the count of fibroids. I remember the season promo and not

Spoiler

seeing any sign of beaches or exotic locale and scenery. But I do remember slot machines and a party bus so probably Atlantic City again or another local casino.

BOOO!!! 

2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Bethenny has a 'my way' personality. You can't say that you don't want someone infringing on your territory if you aren't willing to compromise your territory for mutual territory at least. Would you move out of your renovated place so that the two of you can buy a place together? The way Bethenny is talking - her version of a partner is a forever boyfriend who she can go out to dinner with, on vacation with, sleep with...but hey, we ain't ever sharing a zip code.

This! Here's the thing if Bethenny's new married man is a super successful mogul who has millions upon millions of dollars odds are he also has a type A personality and is likely not prone to compromise. Once the newness and shine wears off, that is when things will get real and interesting.Sounds like a recipe for just a different kind of dysfunction than she had with Jason plus stepkids, an ex-wife to deal with and potentially in-laws (if still living). We all know how great B is with extended family. LOL!

Reminds me of my least favorite Absolutely Fabulous episode Donkey. The gals say that are two types of people racehorses and donkeys. Racehorses are the super successful  type As. Donkeys - kinda self-explanatory. You can't have two racehorses together or they will kick the shit out of each other so what a racehorse needs is a little donkey - like a companion. Something it will not feel threatened by or competitive with. I don't think this is gospel or an absolute but given B's personality and what I saw of her on her own spin off, I don't even know if a donkey will do. 

1 hour ago, jvr said:

I agree with you guys concerning Jules and her non parenting/housekeeping skills. This is who she is and I'm sure Michael knew this when he married her. 

True, but should Jules also realize she married a greasy lothario asshole who had some money? I hate to keep bringing this up but her first episode on the show she basically kinda brags that Michael only married her because she was the least looking Jewish woman he knew after his steady diet of Eastern bloc 6' models.  Something about that just struck me as gross. No that still doesn't excuse Michael's non-parenting but the saying goes you can't turn a hoe into a housewife, it is also true you can't turn a fuckboy into a doting attentive husband and father.  

• Love 7
12 hours ago, straightshooter said:

I've thought this all season, but even moreso now - she has been coming across as being extremely desperate to me.  I felt embarassed for her by how she seems more excited by what appears to be more of a feeling of validation because a man "wants to marry her" than the fact that she is in love and has met the man of her dreams.  I felt like she has done this with every man she's had contact with since her divorce - well, except for the pirate, but only because of her now ex-boyfriend.  She brags about conquests in a way that suggests that her self esteem is pretty low.  I think she had a lot of confidence as a result of who she was married to before, and she really flailed without that once she was single again.  Now, her giddiness seems to be due to finding a sense of security again and a feeling that she's "good enough".   Sad. 

It was also pretty pathetic when she invited herself on the trip with Bethenny - how can she not see how desperate she appears?  I think she is too desperate to care!  She is really freaked about the thought of losing another huge piece of her identity as a housewife.  

Ramona is annoying as hell, as usual.  She would throw Avery under the bus for her own gain, I guarantee it.  She's disgusting.

This bullshit junior high game that Bethenny is playing with her sidekick is ridiculous.  Another total embarassment tonight.  

Loooooove this post.  Could not agree more with regard to Lu and her low self-esteem.  In my humble opinion, she needed those many romps with different sexual partners to validate her as attractive and desirable.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, shoegal said:

Seriously?? Sonja is such a copycat.  I'm sure she'll be like "what, I just admired the ad campaign, I'm not trying to be Moet, I am just a girl trying to make a little money to pay for my daughter!  I thought the painting was cute!"

Except that Sonja didn't had anything to do with it, just like she had nothing to do with the name. This is all Peter's/real partner's idea/doing. Sonja is only the paid "face/spokesperson" for the wine and nothing more, kinda of like SJ is for that wine. Even Carole, Bethenny's BFF, acknowledge that Sonja just saw this as an opportunity to make some easy money/paycheck and never thought about Bethenny/SKG at all. Now that does not excuse Peter/real partner from them being copycats several times and I do hope they get caught/taken to the cleaners over this. LOL

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Whoa.  WTH has happened to the cool, calm, collected Countess of Yore?  The Lu who met Beth for drinks last night (and, to a lesser extent, met with Sonja and Ramona separately) was the Anti-Countess.  She was manic, rude, and just all-around annoying.  As much as I'm hating on Beth this season, I could not disagree with the TH comments she was making about Lu in regards to that meeting.

Agreed! I know she's getting older, but it's more than that.  I feel like her skin and hair used to be sort of almost "radiant." Now, not so much. She looks and acts "off." (I will say that her white pantsuit was pretty great, though.)

Also. I feel like she's reallllly trying to give off the "I'm so happy and giddy and newly in love" vibe, but it's coming off as the "oh lord, I'm so desperate to NOT be single that I'll buy whatever this Tom guy is selling me even though it could be akin to 100 acres of swampland in the bayou."

Much like that nightmare of a red lace onesie you wore to Ramona's holiday party, it's NOT a good look for you, Lulu.

+infinity to this post!

Lu came off as absolutely manic last night and it was creepy as anything.  She looks very hard lately as well.  You said everything I wanted to say in your post!

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Loooooove this post.  Could not agree more with regard to Lu and her low self-esteem.  In my humble opinion, she needed those many romps with different sexual partners to validate her as attractive and desirable.  

My mom had a saying a saying that translated to, "She'll/They'll jump on any donkey" - self explanatory?

• Love 1

Funny how much I can disagree with a reviewer. I love Bethenny, and doubt I'd watch the show without her. I also love Carole, and love Carole and Bethenny's genuine friendship. As for Heather, if I heard so much as a hint that Heather was returning, I'd probably be forced to get up a militia to forcibly prevent that from happening. Heather is screechiness and boringness and all things ugly and bad. NO HEATHER!! Luann -- I've never seen anyone more deftly invite themselves. Bethenny's trying to both let her down gently and get the fuck out of there, while Luann is all, "Am I invited on the trip? If you bleed from the vagina, I'll take that as an enthusiastic, 'YES!'." While I feel for Jules, I have to admit that when I first heard the news of her impending divorce, my first thought was, "Thank god she'll now have something to talk about other than being Jewish and Asian!"

• Love 8
1 hour ago, shoegal said:

Seriously?? Sonja is such a copycat.  I'm sure she'll be like "what, I just admired the ad campaign, I'm not trying to be Moet, I am just a girl trying to make a little money to pay for my daughter!  I thought the painting was cute!"

The Shyster Peter is all about publicity for his bar, he doesn't give a shit about the pretend Proseco, and yes, I know he slapped some labels on some wine to make it seem real.  From what I've gathered, he mostly just does this shit to bilk "partners" out of money.  I hope Sonja gets paid something, but if it's a percentage of the profits?  She did all of this for nothing.

16 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Except that Sonja didn't had anything to do with it, just like she had nothing to do with the name. This is all Peter's/real partner's idea/doing. Sonja is only the paid "face/spokesperson" for the wine and nothing more, kinda of like SJ is for that wine. Even Carole, Bethenny's BFF, acknowledge that Sonja just saw this as an opportunity to make some easy money/paycheck and never thought about Bethenny/SKG at all. Now that does not excuse Peter/real partner from them being copycats several times and I do hope they get caught/taken to the cleaners over this. LOL

Thank you!  I can't believe after all this time some still really think Sonja had anything at all to do with this, or even that it's about wine.  It was all about the restaurant and bilking people.  The opening date of the "restaurant" Tipsy has been pushed back, and back, and back some more.

I do feel sorry for Jules, and what's more I got the distinct idea John knows  Michael is cheating on his wife.  As far as coming home after work (which really, that's what the Berkshires was for Jules, even if it was a mini vacation as well) to come home and find the kids unfed, un-bathed, and one with a full diaper?  That's really sad.  What a prick, he was probably busy with his girlfriend.

Agree with everyone that says Luann looks manic and desperate, I miss Luann of last year, never cared for the Countess crap, but I did like her last year.  I think the main stress is money, she's acting broke, but yeah the booze and smokes and late nights have also taken their toll.  Does this guy have any money?  I know someone must have done the research by now.  Ha.  Her blog this week still insists they are happy and getting married.  I still think that if that's true, it's mostly either for a RHBH story (for both of them, he certainly seems like a RH junkie) OR it's because Luann is totally cool with an open marriage.  It's not only what she's used to, I think she prefers sexual freedom and is reconciled to that in men as well.  If so?  Perfect match.

Could I marry a guy that had been intimate with two of my friends?  I'm pretty open minded, and really not much of a prude, but I still don't think so.  Then again, marriage has never been something that sounded that interesting or desirable to me, let alone a goal, or a key to happiness.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, izabella said:

I think Ramona is totally jealous that Lu has a fiance, and I think Sonja exaggerates (lies) about her ONS's with various men, trips to Gstaad, and partying on P Diddy's yacht, and Bethy has no room to pretend "concern" about Lu's love life after calling her a slut and a whore at the top of her lungs.  So I pay no mind to their comments about Tom. 

However, even if their statements were totally true, I do think that Lu gives zero fucks because that just means that Lu and Tom are two peas in a pod - Lu is no different from Tom!  Perhaps that does make them soul mates, lol.  I don't care either way, but I do love that Lu is giddy happy in the face of the three crows of doom, and that you could see Ramona's face drop when she heard the news.  I laughed, I cackled, I did a happy dance.  Sorry, not sorry, Ramona!  I've been waiting to see Ramona's downfall since the beginning when she was so freaking smug about her oh-so-wonderful marriage and rubbing it in everyone's faces for years, but TPTB let her off easy with Mario's cheating and dumping her, so I will take this instead.

Completely off topic but when ever I read Gstadd, I say it out loud in Dan Ackroyd's voice in Trading Places, (and I shake my head a tiny too) 

• Love 5

I don't think Ramona is at all jealous of Luann and Tom. Ramona's been pretty upfront about her "downfall". She's acknowledged that she acted badly, and has talked about how humiliating and educating it was for her to go through what she's been through with Mario. So I really don't feel like Ramona has any more comeuppance coming to her. Unlike Luann, Ramona seems to be in a really great place -- probably the best I've ever seen her -- and seems to be really enjoying her new life. I don't think she'd want Luann's life on a bet.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

Funny how much I can disagree with a reviewer. I love Bethenny, and doubt I'd watch the show without her. I also love Carole, and love Carole and Bethenny's genuine friendship. As for Heather, if I heard so much as a hint that Heather was returning, I'd probably be forced to get up a militia to forcibly prevent that from happening. Heather is screechiness and boringness and all things ugly and bad. NO HEATHER!! Luann -- I've never seen anyone more deftly invite themselves. Bethenny's trying to both let her down gently and get the fuck out of there, while Luann is all, "Am I invited on the trip? If you bleed from the vagina, I'll take that as an enthusiastic, 'YES!'." While I feel for Jules, I have to admit that when I first heard the news of her impending divorce, my first thought was, "Thank god she'll now have something to talk about other than being Jewish and Asian!"

Soulmates!

• Love 2
(edited)

There's been hardly a smattering of discussion about Bethenny Frankel's fibroid tumors. Apparently these were causing her to have excessive bleeding and severe abdominal pain. It's not a rare condition and according to the National Institutes of Health, about 70 to 80 percent of women have them by the age of 50. Bethenny just happened to be in that percentile of women. But what occurs to me is that unlike most women, Bethenny doesn't have a husband, children, parents or siblings there to give her a hand while she was recovering from surgery to remove the tumors. We can justify her having to face this health scare alone believing that her very attitude and her harsh and judgmental personality has alienated anyone who would be close enough to help her out when she needed it. Nevertheless, she did blow herself into her own little bubble. She had to rely on paid staff to attend to her needs during her recovery.  Now Bethenny claims to be in love again and unfortunately it's with a married man, albeit a separated one. Dennis Shields has been married to Jill Schwartzberg since 1990 and she's a woman that Bethenny went to high school with 30 years ago.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

This! Here's the thing if Bethenny's new married man is a super successful mogul who has millions upon millions of dollars odds are he also has a type A personality and is likely not prone to compromise. Once the newness and shine wears off, that is when things will get real and interesting.Sounds like a recipe for just a different kind of dysfunction than she had with Jason plus stepkids, an ex-wife to deal with and potentially in-laws (if still living). We all know how great B is with extended family. LOL!

Bethy is dysfunctional as far as relationships with men are concerned.  Her problems will follow her no matter who she is involved with unless and until she gets some real therapy and does some work to overcome her issues.  Since she won't do that, I have to agree with Ramona on The Bridge and say Bethy will always be alone, in the end.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

It could work to their benefit - depending on what their views on marriage are. They're both older and both have failed marriages already. They may consider the possibility of investing in a relationship where the obvious destination doesn't have to be marriage, but simply commitment. However, giving up her home is something that I see as a potential issue for Bethenny and while marriage doesn't have to be the goal, it's not normal to be in an understood, long term committed relationship and not live together at the very least.

Another thing going for this guy is that he doesn't have to deal with Bethenny's personality when it comes to co-parenting. I can't say what Jason Hoppy is like as a person or what his intentions truly are in the course of this divorce battle (truthfully, I've kept zero tabs on what's going in) but I do know that he didn't marry an easy going woman. I do know that he likely compromised in areas so that Bethenny could have her 'shine' and it's very likely that their daughter together is about the only thing that he doesn't regret about ever meeting Bethenny. I can't pinpoint Bethenny because her personality is so frantic, she doesn't think anything can be too good for too long and so I think she may have the personality that always has to find the fault in something. I think Bethenny lacks the 'intent to make things work' that's needed in order to have a chance at a successful relationship. Relationships aren't easy. 

For Bethenny, if a guy is compromising, the problem is that he just won't let her do exactly what she wants. If a guy is too assertive, she can't deal with someone who won't listen at all. If he's submissive to her every whim, he can't handle her and she needs someone who can challenge her and make her a better person. For all the therapy she has taken, I'm not sure how much Bethenny has really realized and worked on herself to the point where she can have the intent to truly invest in a relationship.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Agree.  Which makes it even weirder.  I think Lu issued the invitation, hence Beth's salty "thanks for the drinks!"  I loved Lu saying she and the Count married after two weeks.   {{nodding}} Mmhmm, unh huh.  How'd that work out for you?

Seemed to work out for her very well up until the divorce. I mean they were married for a good number of years hd two children and were a family Lu enjoyed for quite some time. Not to mention the lavish lifestyle traveling all over and enjoying the good life. Just because it didn't last forever doesn't mean it didn't produce a plethora of great memories for Lu. Some other poster mentioned it would be nice if Lu and Tom found happiness for a while off the singles market at their age. Even if it doesn't last forever it's a nice concept for people to commit to each other even if there may be an end date in the future. Two people who's forever wasn't so probably understand how important it is to grasp what you can for however long it lasts. Relish and cherish it and if their goals are the same I say go for it. Even if they are short term goals.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 10

WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING ON THIS SHOW ANYMORE? I have no idea whether it's good TV, but I can't stop watching it. (I mean, I'm being paid to write about it, but I couldn’t stop even if I wanted to.) I do not think it is outside the realm of possibility that this season ends with LuAnn literally murdering everyone.

http://previously.tv/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/two-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-deal-with-cheating-partners-in-very-different-ways/

Loved the PTV recap, and I couldn't agree more that this is must see TV.  Honestly, after the predictable and boring crap of RHBH, this season is like a gift from heaven!  Anything might happen at any moment.  I'm loving it.

Also thanks for posting the Vulture recap, and it's nice to see Brian Moylan back on his game. 

So, yeah. The dinner with Jules, Dorinda, Pizza Box, and John, a breed of turkeys made out of snot called Booger Ball, is absolutely excruciating. It's like having your pubic hair plucked out, one by one, by a bucktoothed goat that keeps missing and biting your gooch instead. The only person I really felt bad for was Jules. God, guys! I think I like Jules. Is there a cure for this?

Pizza Box and John, a milk jug full of rotting skunk corpses and dill weed, are gross, but I'm starting to think that Tom, Luann's new paramour, is just as bad. We've barely seen him on camera so I can't really judge yet, but he is giving me major red flags all over the place. First of all, she's moving in after three months, which seems a little bit odd, but I'm willing to forgive it because if it was wintertime and I was living in the Hamptons and someone offered to let me move into their big, glamorous Manhattan apartment for free, I might do it even if they snored and liked to fart on me in bed and thought it was very, very funny. (For the record, it is.)

I think he nailed Tom, Michael, and John perfectly.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Sonja does have something to do with this, because she signed on. This repeated explanation that it was all Peter/Partners is acknowledged, but again, again, and again Sonja has/had something to do with Tipsy Girl. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I got the impression they were long standing FWB but it wasn't a relationship per se.

The only reason why Lu got in a word edgewise with B is because she was sick and off her bullets from a machine gun talk game.

Good gawd, when Adam brought out that guitar I was praying for the ghost of John Belushi to float down from heaven in a toga, grab the guitar and smash it into a million pieces.

X8UAX3X.gif

He really is Hipster Renaissance Man, isn't he? Vegan chef, documentary maker, guitarist, manbun wearer...

• Love 7

One other interesting deet, did you notice Adam didn't take the muffin trays and other stored items out of the oven before putting the cake in?  I think that would affect how the heat is distributed. 

• Love 4
On 6/14/2016 at 2:14 PM, teapot said:

not another f'ing "kih-en"...

Yep, "kih-en" and "wrih-en."  I can't stand that.  Bad enough that teens are speaking like that but Carole too?  

Whatever she's doing to her face, she needs to stop.

And in general, STFU.   She and B are like two little 12 year old in cahoots to pick on another girl. Give it up. 

Loved how during their little talk about the Bahamas, neither Carole nor B mentioned that B's "boyfriend" is the husband of her high school friend.  Nice. 

So LuAnn decided to marry Sonja's or Ramona's Tom after 6 weeks?  Is she nuts?  Maybe Ramona shouldn't have said anything about the ex-wife or girlfriend and the bracelet in front of Avery but LuAnn should know that kind of info, if it's legit.  And Tom was banging Sonja a month prior?  Aren't there more than half a dozen available men in NY?  

Jules' husband came home late, then had to take a shower?  And he's texting all the time?  Girl . . . maybe I'm pessimistic but I'd be worried that he's got someone on the side.

I for one loved how LuAnn totally steamrolled over B and invited herself to the Mexico trip.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

There's been hardly a smattering of discussion about Bethenny Frankel's fibroid tumors. Apparently these were causing her to have excessive bleeding and severe abdominal pain. It's not a rare condition and according to the National Institutes of Health, about 70 to 80 percent of women have them by the age of 50. Bethenny just happened to be in that percentile of women. But what occurs to me is that unlike most women, Bethenny doesn't have a husband, children, parents or siblings there to give her a hand while she was recovering from surgery to remove the tumors. We can justify her having to face this health scare alone believing that her very attitude and her harsh and judgmental personality has alienated anyone who would be close enough to help her out when she needed it. Nevertheless, she did blow herself into her own little bubble. She had to rely on paid staff to attend to her needs during her recovery.  Now Bethenny claims to be in love again and unfortunately it's with a married man, albeit a separated one. Dennis Shields has been married to Jill Schwartzberg since 1990 and she's a woman that Bethenny went to high school with 30 years ago.

Bethenny was already with her boyfriend, Dennis, when the fibroids occurred. I can only assume he helped her to recuperate.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Sorry - I misunderstood your post!!  ;-)  Michael isn't looking so great in my eyes right now...(although, to be honest, I didn't like the way Jules described him in the beginning, saying he only dated models, or tall Russian girls, or whatever the hell it was - it seemed kind of shallow, whatever the description she gave).

I think that Michael's past is just a bit dimmer and darker than most of us know. Michael Wainstein founded Private Capital Group (PCG) in 2001.  Michael Wainstein is a venture capitalist. That's a fancy term for someone that provides financing to small, early-stage, emerging firms that appear to have high growth potential. Venture capital funds such as PCG Group invest in these early-stage companies in exchange for equity (an ownership stake) in the companies they invest in. Michael has a net worth of $25 million and he and Jules own three properties, Miami, Southhampton and Manhattan. Michael made his start up capital for BCG Group with a flourishing online porn business. When I hear Jules say he only dated 'models, or tall Russian girls' I can only think of Michael's past connection with pornography and women he met in that business. I have even thought that the 'tall Russian models' might be some of those indentured Russian women who were brought to the USA being promised money for making porn in exchange for work Visas and end up enslaved in the porn industry.

On her own, Jules has next to nothing monetarily, so I hope she takes Michael to the cleaners for everything she could squeeze out of that little Colombian body. Jules is still getting the shitty end of the stick because she's going to be the care giver of their children and maybe even learn how to do that all on her own instead of paying for a nanny or housekeeper. Reality check.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 15