Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Meri Makes Amends and Kody: Behind the Scenes

• Start Topic

The Brown family prepares for a trip to Hawaii. All four wives reveal some of Kody's biggest secrets.

Who took care of the dogs when they all went to Hawaii?

Kody's episode- I had to shut it off. I got sick and tired of Jenelle praising the hell out of Kody and siding with him regarding that stupid rock tower. The VSE of the wives weren't all rainbows and unicorns; no one was singing the praises of each wife. And I can't believe they are STILL trying to sell some of the storylines that have been debunked, like the Flee from Persecution. Shut Up Browns.

• Love 9

Didn't watch the Kodester episode yet. Saving that treat for tomorrow morning. I think 2 hours of SW in a row is too much for me, but breaking it up makes it doable.

I was very impressed with Logan, Michelle, Madison and Caleb in this episode. The way Maddy got emotional talking about how good of a brother and a guy he is really resonated, and got the point across that he stepped up into the dad role. Kody was gone all the time, and Janelle was also a working mother. I think he definitely had to give up hanging out with his friends sometimes because Kody was too busy flipping his hair and siring new little Brown responsibilities for someone else to take care of.

I also understood where Michelle was coming from when she said she wanted to wait until they were engaged before packing up and moving to another state. It's one thing to share the an off campus apartment 5 minutes from the college where you met, but moving out of state with someone while beginning your career is a huge personal and professional commitment. Even though they're young and have only been together for a year, I  think  that it's not out of the question for her to want a plan.

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

I got sick and tired of Jenelle praising the hell out of Kody and siding with him regarding that stupid rock tower.

This season she has gone downhill for me. She just seems like such a dud and she is drinking the Kody Kool Aid.

• Love 12

Well I must have missed all the good stuff.  I wonder if I can see it from the start.  I only saw the rock debacle and the hair montage and such.  No new material.  See you later in the week to snark if I find the new stuff I didn't see.  Or maybe I'm better off not viewing it?

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

This season she has gone downhill for me. She just seems like such a dud and she is drinking the Kody Kool Aid.

I've never been a fan of Janelle and never understood why she was characterized as the "smart" one who's somehow pretty despite her enormous weight.  This season it almost seems as if the producers/editors feel the same way and want to dispel the myth that she's smarter than the rest and just a few pounds away from being full blown gorgeous.  I've actually watched most of the episodes this season, and she seems colder and more detached than ever.  Except, of course, when she gushes about super Dad Kody and then she looks idiotic.  

• Love 10

Just watched the Kody hair thing (I still can't see the difference between his definition of good hair and crappy hair).

Then the commercial came on that has the three women using razor to trim a little bush right in front of . . . you know.  My mind started going places with the Browns that I just did NOT want to think about.  Yuck-o.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

(Janelle)  just seems like such a dud and she is drinking the Kody Kool Aid.

Janelle is not drinking the Kody Kool Aid ...  she has an IV drip she rolls around with her everywhere she goes, 24/7.  It's appalling.  When did this happen?  She is not at all the kind of person I thought she was a few seasons ago.  I don't know if I was wrong about her or if she has changed, but "dud" is putting it mildly.  What a disappointment she is this season. 

I can't believe she was siding with Kody over the stupid rock sculpture thing.  Even Kody admitted he handled it badly.  And the way she imitated Christine, mocking her ... it was just shitty.  Christine was way too gracious listening to her.  I would have explained to her that she wasn't there and she is obviously failing to grasp what the assignment from the therapist was, then invited her to STFU. 

I almost threw up listening to them all there at the end of the Tribute To Kody episode, all just gushing over how wonderful he is, what a great family he has created, it's all "his vision" etc. etc.   What rubbish. Meri has a terrible relationship with Kody.  Christine was utterly miserable over their relationship until recently.  Janelle doesn't seem to have any relationship with Kody at all, and Robyn clearly is not as enamored with Kody as she was before.  It's open knowledge in the family that Kody is not that close to any of his daughters.  Some of his older sons clearly think he is a complete tool and have no respect for him at all.   To the extent that Kody's family really is a loving, happy, close unit, it is the result of the work his wives have put into creating the family and Kody himself deserves very little credit. 

These chicks all have Stockholm Syndrome.  It's creepy. 

• Love 18

I didn't see this episode so I can't comment on Janelle's reaction to that stupid rock castle thingy, but she has always been Kody's biggest cheerleader and sides with him against everyone. He could murder someone and she would lead the pack of wives defending him and blaming the victim for his own murder. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, MonicaM said:

I've never been a fan of Janelle and never understood why she was characterized as the "smart" one who's somehow pretty despite her enormous weight. 

Never understood why they tried to paint Jenelle as the smart one either. She's a dummy.  The moment she got all that insurance money, Kody loved her again and wanted her back in the family. Whatever. She should have stayed away. 

• Love 11

So much of this show is filler! Rehashing the same old drama week after week, and now we're looking at old clips of the show and laughing about it? Can't they do that on their own time???

Of course those wine-and-art paintings had to take up several segments, complete with a cliffhanger. WHAT bombshell is Meri going to drop on the family tonight???? I love how she dragged Mariah in there to witness her benevolent gift-giving. And Mariah just stared at her phone the entire time. HA!

The only part I really enjoyed were the segments with Maddie and Logan. They both seem to have found great, loving, supportive partners. And Maddie's speech about Logan had me in tears. He really is a good guy. I'm impressed that he and his girlfriend are committed to so much schooling. I hope they stick with it. 

• Love 12

I can't believe she was siding with Kody over the stupid rock sculpture thing.  Even Kody admitted he handled it badly.  And the way she imitated Christine, mocking her ... it was just shitty.  Christine was way too gracious listening to her.  I would have explained to her that she wasn't there and she is obviously failing to grasp what the assignment from the therapist was, then invited her to STFU.

Janelle is not that smart if she couldn't figure out that the real take-away from the rock sculpture exercise is that Kody doesn't give a shit how Christine feels or what Christine wants. Kody has no respect for Christine, who was the primary hands-on mother for most of his kids. Janelle should pay attention to that, because Kody feels the same way about her. At the very least, Janelle should have respect for Christine herself, since it sounds like Christine took care of her 6 kids while she was working all day.

All 4 women hate each other. They really do. And I think their kids see it, and that's why they have no desire to live polygamy themselves.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

The hair montage was a riot. I am not a Kody fan but I had to laugh when he was doing the cool hair/crappy hair" thing. "You can't take me serious." Ha!

The hair clips were great. I also loved how one of the wives (Christine?) was going on about how Kody HAD to be a present father, because he's not with everyone every night - and then they throw in a clip of him sitting on his phone. Love the editors on this show sometimes!

• Love 7

The producers are certainly becoming as bored as we are with the Browns, if all we're getting this far into the season is nothing more than another clip show.  I saw the last half hour, meaning I did get to see the rock tower and hair thing and if that's what the producers think will be interesting to us, they are on another planet.

What I was happy to see was the sidebar toward the end of the program about Maddie's wedding in Montana.  She looked wonderful, has put her foot down on being in plural marriage (the answer is a resounding NO!!!!) and she is about as far away from her dysfunctional family as she can get.  I did a google on the distance between LV and Montana and it will be a real road trip.  No 'just dropping in' for Kodester.  Maddie got it right and I'm happy for her!

The next young lady to watch will be the one in the previews that wants to move in with her boyfriend.  The older kids are evaporating from the family dynamic.  Logan, Hunter and Maddie have taken good roads out.  Mariah will always be a mess and I don't expect much from her.  Wish I could remember which girl it was that'll be making the next move.

• Love 6

I watched about 5 minutes of this mess, and it happened to be the 5 minutes where Mykelti was being discussed.  There was mention of a boyfriend and the fact that she considered her home to be St. George, Utah.  So, I am going to guess that b2H is referring to Mykelti. If so, she's come a long way from the episode where Kody was berating her for 'swapping hormones' with a kiss.  Sounds like she is moving on, too. My only concern is I think St. George is where Robyn grew up and I am afraid Mykelti will end up in polygamy. 

I am so glad the rest of you are commenting and that I can get the gist of each episode from you.  I no longer waste my time with this show - there are many other things that I can waste my time on.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, b2H said:

The next young lady to watch will be the one in the previews that wants to move in with her boyfriend.  The older kids are evaporating from the family dynamic.  Logan, Hunter and Maddie have taken good roads out.  Mariah will always be a mess and I don't expect much from her.  Wish I could remember which girl it was that'll be making the next move.

That's Mykelti.

Good lord, are they STILL going on about those stupid Thanksgiving decorations? I love how they refer to it so seriously as a "project," like they renovated a bathroom or cured cancer or dug a well in Africa something. It wasn't a project, you ninnies, it was a simple family activity. Get over yourselves.

• Love 6

When I realized hour 2 was a Kodster retrospective, I reached for the remote so fast I think I pulled something in my shoulder, which is not to say that the 1st hour was all that hot. Is TLC's reality line-up so dearth of new material that they have to stretch out the mendacity of the Brown life into weekly 2 hour specials? More fool me for watching that mess but I draw the line at an hour of Kody. No sir. 

Maddie's speech about Logan was the best part of the episode. However, it just so ridiculous the bald faced lies they tell on the same episode. One minute Kody is a present, involved dad who had an active role in raising all his kids, the next minute Logan had his childhood stolen because he had to assume the role Kody was too busy and absent to play.  Get your stories straight Browns but I know which one I believe - Logan was more a daddy than Kody was.

The scene that stays with me the most was back when they were at the Lehi house, there was no mom or dad to be found and Logan is making the kids breakfast and getting them ready for school. He was only a child himself. I was both impressed and sad for him because no child that young should have that job foisted upon him. I clapped when he escaped and went to college. 

Also, I think Christine's oldest daughter, Aspyn, deserves some credit too. It is no coincidence that Christine's mom moved in to help Christine when Aspyn went to college.  I've little doubt Christine loves all the kids but she seems a bit too scattered to have handled that on her own.

I suppose it is her choice and maybe a condition of TLC footing some of the bill for her wedding but Maddie making Kody the officiant? Girl why? Nice way to ensure that he pulls a great deal of the focus on what should be the couple's day with his 'look at me' dramatics. Whatever!

What the hell was Meri slopping around in that skillet before the picture gifting? It looked like something that would be served in prison.

Speaking of which, interesting that Janelle and Christine knew which painting was theirs and Meri's former bestie Robyn guessed hers by process of elimination. 

8 hours ago, MonicaM said:

I've never been a fan of Janelle and never understood why she was characterized as the "smart" one who's somehow pretty despite her enormous weight.  This season it almost seems as if the producers/editors feel the same way and want to dispel the myth that she's smarter than the rest and just a few pounds away from being full blown gorgeous.  I've actually watched most of the episodes this season, and she seems colder and more detached than ever.  Except, of course, when she gushes about super Dad Kody and then she looks idiotic.  

This gospel truth here! I think I said this a few episodes back but Janelle is the only one who doesn't have the excuse of indoctrination from birth when it comes to the polygamy lifestyle. She chose the life as an adult after research and reflection. She chose to stay after being treated like shit by Meri and gave her inheritance to buy the Lehi house where Meri and her 1 offspring parked their kiesters in large spacious quarters and the income (her and Kody's) was distributed inequitably. Dummy! 

This season has been the downfall of Janelle. It has been subtle but a continuous downgrading of her in my estimation. She whole-heartedly buys all this shit and backs Kody, the lifestyle and her place in it. She is utterly complacent and strikes me as just plain lazy. 

I've been pretty much silent about it because I didn't want to be that kind of woman but I've never seen the great beauty potential of Janelle either. She isn't ugly but I've always found her a bit amphibian-like about the face. [Runs out of thread]

• Love 17
26 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

What the hell was Meri slopping around in that skillet before the picture gifting? It looked like something that would be served in prison.

I almost horfed on the rug watching that, but got my gorge under control long enough to decide that, based on the mess of hamburger in the other skillet, it must have been refried beans.  I'm guessing it was Mexican Night at Casa Brown.

• Love 4

I also was touched by Maddie's words about Logan.  I hope it works out for both couples.  The best thing about this show has always been the kids and that is what keeps me coming back.

It was interesting to see some of the old clips.  Kody and Meri used to be quite affectionate.  It sure seems like he avoids her now.  Obviously he isn't realizing the catfishing situation isn't all about being taken advantage of.  Meri was actively online looking for the affection she is no longer getting.  It sounds like Mariah was covering up for her during this time (and she hated being in that situation) which is probably the main reason she is so pissed at her mom (not to mention the embarrassment).

As far as the Meri/Janel sessions go.  Screw finding projects to work on together.  Do something fun together.  First they need to find a common interest and then take it from there.  Or, just set aside a few nights a month to go out to dinner or to whatever type of activity they like.  Hell, they are in Vegas....there has got to be something fun they can do together or show they would like to see.

• Love 4

When it comes to Janelle's "smarts" I think with her she has paper smarts.  She is very obviously not a leader, but a person who's comfort place is being told what to do so that she doesn't have to think anything out for herself.  She is the consummate office drone who is perfectly happy to push papers, file, add stacks of numbers and sort things into neat and tidy rows.  Back when they were doing the paperwork for their mortgages all of her paperwork was done, and she even had things lined up before because she knew she would need them.  Everything was done properly and on time because that is what she can do. 

When it comes down to people smarts, understanding yourself and your emotions and the world around you...Janelle doesn't have a clue.  She has mentioned in the past that she loves the giant chaotic family...well...it's easy to just be a wallflower in a family like that, you are there, you have a place, but you really don't have a lot of expectations.  She was happy to be an office drone for a paycheck and make babies because that is what her religion tells her what to do, and someone else was there to step in as a nurturing and loving mother.  Her children are grown adults and she is JUST NOW realizing that she has REAL FEELINGS for them when they are gone!?  Sorry...she just doesn't have a clue about anyone's emotions because she is clueless about her own. 

I'm sure she learned with her time with Meri (and Kody not having a clue how to manage his harem) that it's easier to put up and shut up than it is to try to fight it out with overbearing Meri and being a very passive person.  Even Kody has said that his relationship with Janelle is one of a "buddy", she and him talk "family shop" and finances.  Her house has his favorite boys (or at least it did...) and she never put any kind of emotional strain on him and had no expectations in any way. 

...however it is very difficult to listen to her sing the praises of Kody, and wow....she is downright obnoxious in her cult like adoration in any thing that man does.  Like mentioned upthread...she didn't drink the Kool-Aid, she has an IV drip...

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lovecat said:

Good lord, are they STILL going on about those stupid Thanksgiving decorations? I love how they refer to it so seriously as a "project," like they renovated a bathroom or cured cancer or dug a well in Africa something. It wasn't a project, you ninnies, it was a simple family activity. Get over yourselves.

I LOL'd at that too...at first I thought I was hearing them wrong, but then I was like, Thanksgiving's all done!  Project over!  Move on, for crying out loud...those Christmas wreaths aren't going to make themselves!  Meri best get to Michael's on the sly before Janelle notices!  Is "we don't know how to work together decorating tin cans" actually code for "we cannot stand the sight of each other's faces and we only get along because if we don't, Kody will skip Meri's night and add it to Janelle's schedule, and believe you me, neither of us wants that!"  I mean, geez.

1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

The scene that stays with me the most was back when they were at the Lehi house, there was no mom or dad to be found and Logan is making the kids breakfast and getting them ready for school. He was only a child himself. I was both impressed and sad for him because no child that young should have that job foisted upon him. I clapped when he escaped and went to college. 

I suppose it is her choice and maybe a condition of TLC footing some of the bill for her wedding but Maddie making Kody the officiant? Girl why? Nice way to ensure that he pulls a great deal of the focus on what should be the couple's day with his 'look at me' dramatics. Whatever!

Same, I'll never forget that scene of Logan making breakfast.  The first time I saw that, I actually did think that he was doing it because Janelle made him do it.  Then, after watching for a couple of seasons, I realized that Logan had an absentee father and a mother who just wanted to hide at work, so Logan knew that if his siblings were going to get breakfast before school, he needed to be the one to make it for them.  I'm still angry on Logan's behalf about that.  His parents managed to raise a son with a good heart and then took advantage of him, IMO.  I also remember Logan taking a whole group of younger kids out to a craft store to make something, and although the kids weren't perfect, they listened to Logan in a way that they didn't listen to Kody.  And didn't one of Christine's daughters ask Logan to accompany them to a father/daughter dance?

I really wish Maddie hadn't asked Kody to be her officiant.  So instead of watching Maddie get ready for her wedding, we'll be treated to Kody making sure his hair has just the right balance of fluff and grease on the big day.  Joy.

THANK YOU...I was wondering about what Meri was cooking as well...it was something brown and mushy...refried beans?  Or maybe she was melting peanut butter to make Janelle's fave, peanut butter Fritos, as a peace offering?  LOL...yeah, on second thought, that's probably not it.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

The only part I really enjoyed were the segments with Maddie and Logan. They both seem to have found great, loving, supportive partners. And Maddie's speech about Logan had me in tears. He really is a good guy. I'm impressed that he and his girlfriend are committed to so much schooling. I hope they stick with it. 

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

YES x 1,000.  I got teary too, listening to Maddie talk about how Logan was her rock and support growing up - the unspoken part being, of course, that had Kody not been a fluff-brained narcissist, perhaps Logan could've had a more normal life instead of taking on the responsibly of his brothers and sisters.  Most telling of all was how Logan sat there quietly and stoically as Maddie praised him.  He did not try and pass it off by saying something like, "Oh, it really wasn't that big of a deal."  It was a big deal, and both Logan and Maddie know why it was a big deal.  They had a very part-time father, and Logan saw the need to step in and maintain order with his mother's ever-growing brood of children, and that's exactly what he did.  I maintain that Kody should get on his knees every single day in thanks that his children are turning out to be great adults not because of him, but in spite of him.

I loved watching Maddie's speech, and it broke my heart all over again that Logan's childhood was taken from him.  It was interesting to watch his expressions while she was talking though.   I couldn't figure out what he was thinking.  He was kind of stoic and didn't smile.   I think he is becoming more bitter about it as time goes on and he is realizing how very much he missed out on.  NOT that I think he wouldn't do it all over again, but I think the anger and resentment is becoming more real to him (if that makes sense).  It is beyond obvious that he cannot stand Kody and has zero respect for him.  In all honesty, I don't think he has too much respect for his mom either.  I don't see him coming around to see her, just the other kids. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

And it wasn't just Logan.  I think Aspyn filled a similar role in her home, and now wants no part of Christine's chaos.

At least with Logan I think he was just replacing the missing fatherly roll around there. But both Christine and Meri have admitted to kind of using their kids as substitute husbands. In an emotional sense. Maybe it wasn't quite the same with Jenelle, because she doesn't have as many emotional needs. But it wasn't just children missing a father, but women needing a partner and feeling lonely. These aren't single moms who have no choice but to go it alone. They chose this, there is a dad, but they get to sit and watch him be with someone else 3/4 of the week. 

This is why the Lehi house was really preferable. They had their own space, but there was much more access to Kody. They could, if they wanted to, have family dinners several nights a week. They could do that now, they are still fairly close - but there's that boundary of being in someone else's home that might not make the kids as comfy coming and going as when they all lived in one big house. 

1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

When she said that, I was like - "Oh hell no!" Thank God the wedding wasn't televised. There's no way I could sit through that doofus officiating a wedding. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

ROBYN.  Stop using words when you don't really know what they mean.  The Word of This Week was "colicky," as in: she wasn't sure she wanted to take Ariabella or whatever her name is to Hawaii because she was colicky.  No, just no.  Because you can't then turn around and tell us how she's such a "chill" baby, so relaxed and peaceful and only cries when she wants something.  I know colic - the 10 weeks or so I had a colicky baby and a 4 year old to take care of was one of the most stressful and exhausting times of my entire life.  I was just trying to get through the days without breaking down in tears more than, say, five times a day.  Your baby is not colicky.  And you don't have anxiety attacks.  Just SHUT UP, ROBYN.  

YES!!   Robyn is an idiot.  Hotel Baby Aria is either colicky or chill.  You cannot have it both ways.  My son was colicky and it was the hardest 5 months of my life.  Actual panic attacks and constant anxiety waiting for him to begin again.   However, I didn't have a Mindy or a kabillion other people to help.

And because it cannot be said often enough - SHUT UP, ROBYN!!!   

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

YES!!   Robyn is an idiot.  Hotel Baby Aria is either colicky or chill.  You cannot have it both ways.  My son was colicky and it was the hardest 5 months of my life.  Actual panic attacks and constant anxiety waiting for him to begin again.   However, I didn't have a Mindy or a kabillion other people to help.

Agree. I think Robyn just wanted some drama about whether or not she would be going to Hawaii. She wanted to see just how much everyone wanted her there, how hard they would try to convince her to come, who would offer to help with the baby, etc. 

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Agree. I think Robyn just wanted some drama about whether or not she would be going to Hawaii. She wanted to see just how much everyone wanted her there, how hard they would try to convince her to come, who would offer to help with the baby, etc. 

Totally!  There was zero chance that she wasn't going on that vacation. 

• Love 13

Because Hawaii belongs to Robyn and Kody, and there's no way the Evil Queen would pass up any chance to take her sister wives on a tour of all the romantic places she and Kody visited during their honeymoon.

Robyn is so full of crap.  She fits in perfectly with this family.

• Love 6

In the Kody retrospective, when they showed the old couch talking scene with the original 3 wives and Kody, what was with their hair? All of them looked like their hair was pasted to their heads! It reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where the landlord put in "low flow" shower heads so Jerry, Kramer and Newman all had flat hair because they couldn't get the shampoo completely out of it.

Christine looks much prettier now then she did back then.

• Love 6
(edited)

What is with the Brown obsession with trees? Leave them out of this ya bunch of tree botherers. 

Kody looked as interested in those paintings as he does in Meri - not at all. 

Yeah, there was no chance in hell that Robyn was passing up a free trip to Hawaii.  Funny that they never mentioned Robyn and Kody being there just last year on a Honeymoon. Never. Ever.  Wait, they didn't take Solomon with them that time, did they? If not, I wonder who watched him.

I really want to know how Ari's shoulder is mending while being passed around like a hot potato. 

OMG!?!? a 90 day Fiance promo during the show with updates on prior couples coming in December. I'm over here salivating. LOL!

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

When she said that, I was like - "Oh hell no!" Thank God the wedding wasn't televised. There's no way I could sit through that doofus officiating a wedding. 

It was only a week ago. I bet they did film it and it will be the season finale.

• Love 3

When Logan and I think Maddie too were saying how they thought Kody would bawl walking her down the aisle and getting through the vows, my first reaction was "What?" "No way he cries. He barely acts like he knows his kids." They can't possibly think that. Surely those were lines written by the producers.

• Love 5

I didn't quite understand Caleb's reasoning for why his dad wasn't going to officiate at the wedding. He said his mother was diagnosed with cancer a year, year and a half ago, then just kind of faded away from that. Is his father too busy taking care of his mom? Is she so sick neither one can attend the wedding? It will be interesting to see if they are there when it airs. "Kody Officiates" reeks of TLC manipulation, and not about the kids respecting their father so much they want him to officiate. Especially since Maddie and Caleb aren't even in the AUB.

I did get a laugh out of Kody and the other wives being a little bit anxious about Meri calling them over to her house for an announcement. But as soon as she said she was giving Kody his birthday present he should have backed down to code green and showed some appreciation instead of saying he still needed a day or two to get over the anxiety of having to meet with her, asshat. And yes, those paintings were horrible but still, at least say thank you and smile. Loved Mariah's disinterested "yes they are pretty, Mom" while she didn't even look up from her phone.

And because it can't be said enough, SHUT UP JANELLE. (and Robyn too).

• Love 2

I'm watching the episode right now and noticing how much more attentive Kody was with Meri before Robyn. It's no wonder Meri sought attention from someone else. He basically threw her out completely. How often have we seen him sit next to her at the interviews with his arm around her, stroking her hair, like he did on the clips pre-Robyn?  Even when he was leaving to "court" Robyn, he gave Meri a long tight hug and a kiss on the cheek, very sincere and loving. She looked at him with tears saying be careful. It was very sweet. He hasn't even looked in her direction since Robyn showed up. 

Yea I know Meri asked for the new wife, so they say, but I don't think she anticipated how much she would be ignored. The differences in the old clips and new clips are very drastic. I actually feel very bad for her. It's one thing to take a new wife, but be man enough to realize that that is the time to make the others feel like they still matter, not ignore them. He's a real idiot. 

• Love 8

Omg. Right at the start of the cardboard boat building scene when Robyn is arguing with kody, her daughter straight up picked her nose and ate it! And she's what? 15? How humiliating for her.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

And it wasn't just Logan.  I think Aspyn filled a similar role in her home, and now wants no part of Christine's chaos.

But Aspyn still adores Christine.  They were sitting on the bus together, sleeping with their heads pressed together.  I think they're very similar in personality, and butt heads because of it.  Although Aspyn is more sensible, IMO. 

• Love 4

This is just my own personal opinion: Meri "asked for" a 5th wife the same way she "asked for" a divorce. The divorce wasn't her choice, but to save face with the fanbase, they "made it" her "choice" but from the look of complete and utter devastation on her face when she "suggested" it, it was pre-planned.

I think Kody found an fell for Robyn off-screen and wanted to bring her into the family way sooner than we even know about, but the producers thought this would make a great storyline so they had this thing set up. And went to Meri and told her what was happening and to "save face" with the other wives and the fanbase, they decided to make it her "idea" that Kody "court" a 5th wife and Meri "suggested" it be Robyn.

I still feel the sorriest for Meri. The more I learn about her, the more miserable I feel for her. Even when she's smiling the corners of her mouth are turned down. Poor Meri, Indeed...she makes for such great television they keep piling this shit on her over and over again.

Because...do not ever forget my friends in the fanbase....THIS IS A TELEVISION SHOW. Like the bacher/ette, and keeping up w/the kardashians, this show ain't really real.

• Love 3

I wondered myself what Mary was concocting in that little tiny frying pan, whatever it was, there was hardly enough to feed 23 people, and I can't stand to watch Mary talk, her mouth never moves, and her tongue darts in and out like a lizard.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Kody looked as interested in those paintings as he does in Meri - not at all. 

This part made me laugh...didn't Kody say something to the effect that he didn't know what to say or do because he was still processing Meri's intentions with the paintings, or something like that?  You can almost hear the gears grinding in his brain as he tries to process incoming intell and form a coherent thought about what is going on with Meri.  Because clearly, whatever happened couldn't be his fault.

I liked how Meri painted her tree into the forest of other trees in all of the paintings, to let everyone know that she's still here and not going anywhere...until a rich, majestic oak tree comes a' calling on the interwebz.  Then she's going to make like a tree and leave.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Thank God the wedding wasn't televised. There's no way I could sit through that doofus officiating a wedding. 

What?!?! I find this hard to believe. I can't imagine the Browns not capitalizing on the 1st Brown child wedding. I expect to be treated to it being at least a series finale and at most a full-fledged Duggar like wedding special. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, hnygrl said:

I think Kody found an fell for Robyn off-screen and wanted to bring her into the family way sooner than we even know about, but the producers thought this would make a great storyline so they had this thing set up. And went to Meri and told her what was happening and to "save face" with the other wives and the fanbase, they decided to make it her "idea" that Kody "court" a 5th wife and Meri "suggested" it be Robyn.

This is pretty much how it happened, except that Kody was courting TLC first, not Robyn. The fifth wife was the seal-a-deal with TLC so he brought in the woman who was hovering around the edges of the family, wanting in on the TV deal. It was discussed by friends and distant family members on CJ's blog in the early years.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This part made me laugh...didn't Kody say something to the effect that he didn't know what to say or do because he was still processing Meri's intentions with the paintings, or something like that?  You can almost hear the gears grinding in his brain as he tries to process incoming intell and form a coherent thought about what is going on with Meri.  Because clearly, whatever happened couldn't be his fault.

You give the Kodster way more credit than I do. I think this is his thought process:

Homer-Simpson-monkey-mind.gif

• Love 21