Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Meri Makes Amends and Kody: Behind the Scenes

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I liked how Meri painted her tree into the forest of other trees in all of the paintings, to let everyone know that she's still here and not going anywhere...until a rich, majestic oak tree comes a' calling on the interwebz.  Then she's going to make like a tree and leave.

I see what you did there!!

• Love 4

Is Kody some kind of ordained minister/ person, in their "religion" I don't know what you would call it.  I was surprised they asked him.  I noticed that Meri said she wanted to reach Mariah with these paintings.  So it was not about Kody and the other wives it was about trying to make amends with Mariah.  Meri is constantly on her phone?  What is she doing, who is she texting? I have to believe that they all know that staying with them is the consolation prize for Meri.  If Sam were real, she would be gone.   Maddie talking about Logan was very touching.  Logan is a handsome and smart young man.  IMO, there is something odd about Caleb, just can't figure it out yet.  Agree with others that Janelle is annoying this season. That scene were she takes Kody's side against Christine, think she was wrong.  Hey Janelle it was supposed to be about him and Christine not them and the family.  Knew Robin would not miss that trip to Hawaii for all the money in the world.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

I got sick and tired of Jenelle praising the hell out of Kody and siding with him regarding that stupid rock tower.

That is what annoys me the most about Janelle.  She is always praising Kody and blowing smoke up his behind.  She seems to think he can do no wrong.  And yet, their relationship appears to be more business than personal.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

Omg. Right at the start of the cardboard boat building scene when Robyn is arguing with kody, her daughter straight up picked her nose and ate it! And she's what? 15? How humiliating for her.

YACK.   I will need to give this frame-by-frame review, all Zapruder film like.  Thanks, NoWhere.  I think. 

• Love 3
(edited)
55 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Is Kody some kind of ordained minister/ person, in their "religion" I don't know what you would call it.  I was surprised they asked him.  I noticed that Meri said she wanted to reach Mariah with these paintings.  So it was not about Kody and the other wives it was about trying to make amends with Mariah.  Meri is constantly on her phone?  What is she doing, who is she texting? I have to believe that they all know that staying with them is the consolation prize for Meri.  If Sam were real, she would be gone.   Maddie talking about Logan was very touching.  Logan is a handsome and smart young man.  IMO, there is something odd about Caleb, just can't figure it out yet.  Agree with others that Janelle is annoying this season. That scene were she takes Kody's side against Christine, think she was wrong.  Hey Janelle it was supposed to be about him and Christine not them and the family.  Knew Robin would not miss that trip to Hawaii for all the money in the world.

Five minutes on the Internet and he's eligible. My husband did his niece's wedding last year (much to the distinct displeasure of her minister grandfather). 

Here's a thought, Meri: keep talking to your daughter. Deal with the mess you made. See what you can do to earn back the trust you lost. Stick with it, even/especially when it's hard. Put down the paintbrushes. Woman up. 

Sheesh. These people do not communicate honestly or accept any well-deserved blame when things go badly. Which they do. Because they're idiots. 

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

t was only a week ago. I bet they did film it and it will be the season finale.

Maddie didn't allow her proposal to be filmed. I'm hoping she was the same about her wedding. 

12 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Maddie didn't allow her proposal to be filmed. I'm hoping she was the same about her wedding. 

But she didn't know about the proposal, or have any control over the where and when.  I would be shocked if the wedding wasn't filmed, especially with Kody officiating.  And it's not like Maddie and even Caleb aren't active participants in this show.  So I can't imagine any reason why they wouldn't want the wedding filmed.

• Love 2

What made me laugh was that in the film clip montage near the end, showing the wives out and about with each other through the years, they showed the clip of them dress shopping in ?San Francisco with the catfisher's accomplice -- not that they showed the woman herself, but showed the wives walking down the sidewalk entering a store -- and that's where we met the woman who went on to defend the catfisher as a real person for months! Who was introduced on the show as "Robyn's good friend, ____")

Do I have that right?

Stealth editing.  (To be fair, it was a nice shot of them doing something other than staring blankly into space in each others' presence, but STILL)

6 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

And it wasn't just Logan.  I think Aspyn filled a similar role in her home, and now wants no part of Christine's chaos.

I'm glad you said that.  I had it on my mind but forgot to mention it in my post.

• Love 1

I may be late on this but I figured out Meri's cooking.  She was pushing around refried beans in one skillet, and taco meat in the other.  I think the counter had bowls of lettuce and cheese, etc. for tacos.

• Love 2

Nothing says I'm sorry for dragging you in the middle of a really public, embarrassing mess to your daughter like paintings of trees.  Ok, that will do it.  I normally don't care much for Mariah, but I like the fact that she has 0 shits to give about her mother right now.  I think she feels the same way about her dad.  

And they are really surprised that one of the M girls wants to make St. George her home?  She ran as fast as she could to escape the Brown chaos.  I don't blame her one bit.  I guess the fact that the kids want to run as far away from their screwed up lives didn't factor into NEEDING four McMansions.

Trying to show Kody as a wacky but utterly lovable guy is a miserable fail.  He is really getting the dick edit from TLC.  I hope they keep it up.

• Love 16

is anybody else annoyed with Mariah? I really don't think the girl has the right to be angry and it's not her place to forgive or not forgive. Meri didn't do anything to HER except perhaps spoil the hell out of her. What Meri did, the mistakes she makes in her relationship as a grown woman, is absolutely none of Mariah's business. It really sucks that it's all public knowledge but I don't see any of the other adult children whining about it. It's like she wants Meri to kiss her ass forever because of the catfishing. But really Meri doesn't owe her anything. Mariah is milking the hell out of this. She needs to get the hell over it like everyone else did.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

is anybody else annoyed with Mariah? I really don't think the girl has the right to be angry and it's not her place to forgive or not forgive. Meri didn't do anything to HER except perhaps spoil the hell out of her. What Meri did, the mistakes she makes in her relationship as a grown woman, is absolutely none of Mariah's business. It really sucks that it's all public knowledge but I don't see any of the other adult children whining about it. It's like she wants Meri to kiss her ass forever because of the catfishing. But really Meri doesn't owe her anything. Mariah is milking the hell out of this. She needs to get the hell over it like everyone else did.

I think there's more to it than we are seeing (or are allowed to see). I get the feeling that Meri really pulled Mariah in to the whole mess, told her too much, talked about it too much, maybe told Mariah how miserable she was with the sister wives and Kody. I hate it when Mom's treat their daughters like best friends and tell them everything. I think this is what Meri did with Mariah. Sometimes your kids just don't need to know it all. You shouldn't put that burden on them, it's not fair. 

• Love 12

Of course we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. But Princess Mariah has always followed her father's footsteps in the All About Me school of life.  Think back to her tantrum about not getting the Vegas house when it suited her.  

Everything in her life is for or against her and she has no intention of using those "critical thinking skills" she supposedly picked up in college to have rational views on anything that could potentially touch her special space.  She's a spoiled brat.

• Love 7

I wonder if Maddie will have a wedding filmed by TLC and officiated by Kody and have another "private" wedding with a minister or priest from her regular church.

Before this show, I never realized how unreal reality tv really is.....mind boggling!

• Love 1

Bichonblitz I can see how Mariah would be pissed if she was brought into the mess. That makes more sense but I still think she's milking it. She doesn't live with her so there's no reason to be continuously bitchy. 

As a child, I knew way too much about my parents relationship. It was very upsetting to hear trash talked about either parent but I also was vocal about not wanting to hear it. I have teenage daughters and I'm just trying to imagine if I were in Meri's position, trying to drag my daughters in, treating them like besties. It would not fly. My girls would tell me they're not down with it. So my question is now, was Mariah cool with her mother's little affair? Was she receptive to all the gossip? How can she act cool with it and then get all pouty when it all goes south? I just don't understand Marian's role in this or why she feels like she's owed an apology.

• Love 5

The confusion Kody expressed about the paintings is easy to explain.  Meri said it was a birthday present for him, and in his small mind, he was picturing watches, cars, hair care products, tech gadgets, etc.  All he got was four crummy paintings - one to hang in each wives house, and what about him????  He was expecting something for himself - not just some symbolic BS present for the wives.  Where was his cake?  Where were his candles?  Nope that confusion was a let down because it wasn't really about him at all.  Well, that and he glanced over and saw the disgusting refried beans on the stove.  

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Of course we have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. But Princess Mariah has always followed her father's footsteps in the All About Me school of life.  Think back to her tantrum about not getting the Vegas house when it suited her.  

Everything in her life is for or against her and she has no intention of using those "critical thinking skills" she supposedly picked up in college to have rational views on anything that could potentially touch her special space.  She's a spoiled brat.

Yeah, you're right. She has always acted like a spoiled brat. Forgot about the house thing. it just shows that they aren't all as much of a cohesive family as they portray. None of the other children act like such brats. Mariah is an only child. As much as they want us to think they were all raised as one family,  Meri had her own separate "family" with princess Mariah probably being treated like some miracle child. It seems like Mariah doesn't want to be challenged by either sibling or parent and when she is she throws a fit.

• Love 2

I don't know why I'm feeling so sorry for Meri lately. I guess I just feel like she feels bad enough for what happened. It's embarrassing as all hell and I think I'd rather die than have to face that publicly, plus knowing that someone you're in love with doesn't even really exist. To top it off, she's lost the respect of her only child. The whole thing is heartbreaking. And then kody acts like the painting is nothing. I don't know about anyone else but I would love it if someone gave me a painting as a gift because I'd know they were thinking of me the whole time they were painting it. She put work into it. It's special and he acts like such an ass about it. I was really appalled by his behavior.

• Love 6

Wouldn't it be something if it came out that Robin was in with this friend in a plot to bring down Meri.  I don't know how Robin in not under suspicion considering a friend of her's had a part in the catfishing. 

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, neh said:

I wonder if Maddie will have a wedding filmed by TLC and officiated by Kody and have another "private" wedding with a minister or priest from her regular church.

Do they even have a regular church?  I don't think they do.  I think they gather at one of the houses when they want to have some sort of service or prayer, with Kody leading.  Also, didn't the LDS church tell Maddie she had to denounce her family (because of polygamy) in order to be a member, but she refused.  So I think they're a polygamous Mormon Fundamentalist family without a church or a priest, and maybe that's why they asked Kody to officiate the wedding.

• Love 1

Why do janelle and meri have to have a "project"?  Projects are not janelles thing so let's move on. How about a day tour they could do in Hawaii or visit a tourist attraction together?

As a mother who had a colicky baby, Ariella does not have it. And if she doesn't have a schedule then a perfect time to travel and switch time zones!  Of course, Robyn would go so her hemming and hawing over non issues was funny. 

I'm sick of Mariah's bellyaching too. I know the affair thing hurt and embarrassed her but she's an adult and needs to move on. Maybe people at school laugh about it so I imagine that's humiliating but it wasn't an offense towards her and after apologizing and kissing ass, meri just needs to put the ball in her court.

Maddie looked so pretty during her couch time talk. She looks a lot slimmer. Her fiancé seems a little off to me too but I can't put my finger on it. 

• Love 2

Well color me cynical, but I see Janelle as the family spin doctor. I think she does everything she can to put up a good front to make the family look functional, and Their Benevolent Leader look like he knows what he is doing, Whatever -- she's a business woman.

It's only well after the fact that we are treated to the (quelle surprise) news that the super functional! Brown family isn't, with the truth ever so slowly revealed about how horrible her relationship with  Meri was, or a few little things that slip out here and there. And that is what irks me. The whole show is dishonest; we are not getting a look at a real polyg family, we're getting the sanitized, fictionalized made for tv version.  Bah!

• Love 2
(edited)

I thought Mariah always doubted the existence of the millionaire hunk and tried to tell Meri that, to no avail.  Nobody could convince Meri that a handsome millionaire was not in love with her.

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 8

Giving credit where credit is due: It's wonderful that Logan was a substitute dad for the kids (well, wonderful for the kids, not for Logan/polygamy), but Aspyn, as some of you pointed out, was 100% a mom/second parent to Christine's children. Sometimes guys are given more credit because it's more unusual, but Aspyn shouldn't have had to be a child-mother any more than he should have had to be a dad at 10.

What do you guys think about Michelle wanting to be engaged to Logan right away? Is he freaked out?

When Meri said "No, it's fun. F, U, N. Fun." About daredevil activities that Janelle doesn't want to do, I lost any shred of respect I had for her. Seriously, what a bitch. You can't go watch a movie with someone or look at the sunrise or take a fucking walk? You're soooo adventurous and bold and everyone else is just too lame for you? Ugh.

2 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Bichonblitz I can see how Mariah would be pissed if she was brought into the mess. That makes more sense but I still think she's milking it. She doesn't live with her so there's no reason to be continuously bitchy. 

As a child, I knew way too much about my parents relationship. It was very upsetting to hear trash talked about either parent but I also was vocal about not wanting to hear it. I have teenage daughters and I'm just trying to imagine if I were in Meri's position, trying to drag my daughters in, treating them like besties. It would not fly. My girls would tell me they're not down with it. So my question is now, was Mariah cool with her mother's little affair? Was she receptive to all the gossip? How can she act cool with it and then get all pouty when it all goes south? I just don't understand Marian's role in this or why she feels like she's owed an apology.

She was never cool with it. She warned her the entire time and begged her to stop. That's part of the problem. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Then she shouldn't be telling her all about it and begging for her forgiveness. Any idiot could have seen her mom was having an affair, and Meri left all those voicemails while Mariah was staying at home. She likely heard them and they fought about it. Meri's the one trying to make Mariah a 'best friend.' You don't get to have it both ways--you can't suddenly have authority after you've used your daughter as a pseudo-spouse for years.

• Love 7

Hey guys - let's get the count right.  Robyn is wife #4.  Wife #5 will come along as soon as they need another ratings bump.  And she'll be younger.  And a virgin.  And Kody will build a Tiny House for Meri in the yard of what is currently her McMansion.  'Cause #5 will start popping out Baby Browns REAL fast, and will need that wet bar as a diaper changing station.

• Love 16
(edited)
11 hours ago, Palomar said:

As far as the Meri/Janel sessions go.  Screw finding projects to work on together.  Do something fun together.  First they need to find a common interest and then take it from there.  Or, just set aside a few nights a month to go out to dinner or to whatever type of activity they like.  Hell, they are in Vegas....there has got to be something fun they can do together or show they would like to see.

I was thinking this too...and I think that's what Janelle was going for. Meri's face was so bitchy when Janelle was suggesting this and her comments were too. If I was Janelle I think I would just tell Meri to fuck off and be done with her. She doesn't have to be best friends with her---I don't think having a relationship between the two of them is even worth it at this point. 

Edited by MoodyGirl
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Because Hawaii belongs to Robyn and Kody, and there's no way the Evil Queen would pass up any chance to take her sister wives on a tour of all the romantic places she and Kody visited during their honeymoon.

Lol! So true. And does anyone else actually believe Robyn prays everyday for Kody and Meri to work out their differences and have a great relationship. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

With Calebs' Dad being a minister, I'm also going with the theory that they had a quiet official ceremony with Calebs' family, and the TV one is for the Browns and all their 4 Mom goofiness. 

I think you're probably right about that, especially with Caleb's Mother being so sick.

What is pinging you all about Caleb?  I'm not seeing it. I don't think he's really in to being filmed and on tv, but just going along with it for Maddie's sake and possibly a paycheck....

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

Then she shouldn't be telling her all about it and begging for her forgiveness. Any idiot could have seen her mom was having an affair, and Meri left all those voicemails while Mariah was staying at home. She likely heard them and they fought about it. Meri's the one trying to make Mariah a 'best friend.' You don't get to have it both ways--you can't suddenly have authority after you've used your daughter as a pseudo-spouse for years.

Meri made it Mariah's business by telling her shit she shouldn't know. I get that. For that she is owed an apology and it seems like she's gotten that. She is not owed an apology for the choice Meri made to find love outside of Kody. It's not like she's 10. She's a grown woman now and she needs to accept that life is sometimes hard and sometimes the people you worship turn out to be imperfect like the rest of us. If only she could see that her dad isn't perfect either, then maybe she'd ease up a bit on her mother. I think this is all about Kody worship when it comes down to it. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

She was never cool with it. She warned her the entire time and begged her to stop. That's part of the problem. 

I'm just not sure I buy this.  If Meri did confide in Mariah "the entire time", I could see Mariah being more than excited at the prospect of Meri escaping with "Sam" and Mariah having a super rich step-daddy who could provide her with everything that she wanted.

She probably encouraged Meri and is only pissed that she was catfished by an unattractive, poor woman instead of the rich, handsome man she was promised.  How embarrassing!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, JenMcSnark said:

I'm just not sure I buy this.  If Meri did confide in Mariah "the entire time", I could see Mariah being more than excited at the prospect of Meri escaping with "Sam" and Mariah having a super rich step-daddy who could provide her with everything that she wanted.

She probably encouraged Meri and is only pissed that she was catfished by an unattractive, poor woman instead of the rich, handsome man she was promised.  How embarrassing!

Lol!

But why are we saying that Mariah knew anything, whether she was down with it or not? What's the source? It doesn't seem likely that she would tell Mariah anything considering Mariah was so religious that she herself was still saying she wanted to practice polygamy. all the kids are taught to worship Kody, so I really can't see Meri taking the chance on confiding in Mariah. It just doesn't make sense. 

• Love 4

Oh, so that's why Aspyn flatly refused to move back in with her mom when she came home. She chose instead to live with Jenelle (I think?). That makes sense. She just finally got tired of being the unpaid help. I get that with that many kids, the older ones help the youngerones, but damn...give the girl a day off once a week why don'tcha?

1 minute ago, hnygrl said:

Oh, so that's why Aspyn flatly refused to move back in with her mom when she came home. She chose instead to live with Jenelle (I think?). That makes sense. She just finally got tired of being the unpaid help. I get that with that many kids, the older ones help the youngerones, but damn...give the girl a day off once a week why don'tcha?

No she decided to move in with Robyn. I guess she likes being the unpaid help.

• Love 1

Oh. Ew. That's not healthy. Wonder why she wou'dn't move back in with Mom Christine if that's what she's into? She okay with mothering her half sibs but not  her full sibs? Must be more going on there than we know huh? Or is Grandma still there? I don't watch this show enough to know. I got dragged in when I was procrastinating, trying to write a paper but not feeling it, and now I'm all the way in. I may have to go back and look at past episodes...

1 minute ago, hnygrl said:

Oh. Ew. That's not healthy. Wonder why she wou'dn't move back in with Mom Christine if that's what she's into? She okay with mothering her half sibs but not  her full sibs? Must be more going on there than we know huh? Or is Grandma still there? I don't watch this show enough to know. I got dragged in when I was procrastinating, trying to write a paper but not feeling it, and now I'm all the way in. I may have to go back and look at past episodes...

It's so weird to me that she wouldn't move in with Meri. instead of Meri's giant house that nobody lives in, she chose to live with a two-yr-old and a newborn. 

• Love 2

I don't know why they didn't have the whole episode be in Hawaii. Did we really need yet another clip show of Kody running around with his straggly hair blowing in the wind, while the wives giggle on a couch? There was nothing new revealed. I didn't think Meri was bitchy when Janelle said nothing adventurous; she was simply saying she thought it was fun. Why does Janelle always have to be right and Meri wrong? I'm pretty sure if Janelle said she wanted to do something like zip lining and Meri said no, everyone would post on how horrible Meri was for saying no. What if they both are right? Meri finds it fun and Janelle does not. What is wrong with that?

I thought Meri's trees were pretty good considering painting is just a hobby, not a profession. They are better than anything I can paint, I tried to paint at one of those wine things and mine looked like a blob. Of course it isn't real art, but considering the crap they have hanging on their walls, it's high quality. I especially liked Christines and I liked it that Meri tried to match the scenery with the personality. She is trying.

I liked the segment with Logan and Maddie and their significant others; I hope Logan is not feeling pressure to be married. He still has a lot of schooling to get through and if people marry young and start having kids, that sometimes derails that. I think it is great that he and Mariah have finished or are finishing school and going on to PA school. And I don't think someone who makes it through college and is accepted at graduate school/medical school is a mess. Of course I get it that if Logan does it, great and he is great. If Mariah does it, she is a mess/somehow cheated/will surely flunk out. I continue to think all of the Brown kids are pretty OK, considering their life in the poly cult and the TV exposure. I also continue to think all of the wives are kind of annoying but not really evil people. Just my opinion of course. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, hnygrl said:
3 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Giving credit where credit is due: It's wonderful that Logan was a substitute dad for the kids (well, wonderful for the kids, not for Logan/polygamy), but Aspyn, as some of you pointed out, was 100% a mom/second parent to Christine's children. Sometimes guys are given more credit because it's more unusual, but Aspyn shouldn't have had to be a child-mother any more than he should have had to be a dad at 10.

What do you guys think about Michelle wanting to be engaged to Logan right away? Is he freaked out?

When Meri said "No, it's fun. F, U, N. Fun." About daredevil activities that Janelle doesn't want to do, I lost any shred of respect I had for her. Seriously, what a bitch. You can't go watch a movie with someone or look at the sunrise or take a fucking walk? You're soooo adventurous and bold and everyone else is just too lame for you? Ugh.

She actually said that if she was going to move to another state with him, they would need to at least be engaged. That's probably just her stance on certain steps in a relationship. She even said it wasn't an ultimatum. I think it makes sense. I wouldn't uproot for a partner unless I was sure the relationship had a future. It's just good logic. 

• Love 5

How old was the baby during the trip to Hawaii? Obviously Robyn had no intention of staying home but it does seem like a big trip to take with a newborn, especially one with a broken clavicle. The baby was born in January, right? Would she have at least been 2 months old or more?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Meri made it Mariah's business by telling her shit she shouldn't know. I get that. For that she is owed an apology and it seems like she's gotten that. She is not owed an apology for the choice Meri made to find love outside of Kody. It's not like she's 10. She's a grown woman now and she needs to accept that life is sometimes hard and sometimes the people you worship turn out to be imperfect like the rest of us. 

Find love outside of Kody?  But they're her parents.  And putting aside legal vs. spiritual/religious, they're still married, so from Mariah's perspective, her mother was cheating on her father.  I think that if this family pushes and promotes the polygamous lifestyle on viewers and constantly whine about how unfair it is to criticize them for choices they make to live this life on their own free will, then they can't have it both ways.  Meri chose this life, and it came with a husband dividing his time and his attention with other women.  And for 6 or 7 years now, they've all exclaimed the virtues of this husband-sharing lifestyle for TLC, and collected a fat paycheck doing so.   If Meri now wants out, I say go for it, but leave first, and then have the affair.  Not the other way around.  

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Find love outside of Kody?  But they're her parents.  And putting aside legal vs. spiritual/religious, they're still married, so from Mariah's perspective, her mother was cheating on her father.  I think that if this family pushes and promotes the polygamous lifestyle on viewers and constantly whine about how unfair it is to criticize them for choices they make to live this life on their own free will, then they can't have it both ways.  Meri chose this life, and it came with a husband dividing his time and his attention with other women.  And for 6 or 7 years now, they've all exclaimed the virtues of this husband-sharing lifestyle for TLC, and collected a fat paycheck doing so.   If Meri now wants out, I say go for it, but leave first, and then have the affair.  Not the other way around.  

Yeah they're her parents, they dealt with infidelity and decided to work it out. Everybody has forgiven Meri except for Mariah and there's no reason for her to act like a child. She's an adult now. She's the only one that is outwardly bitchy toward Meri and Meri is basically begging for her forgiveness. Mariah is carrying on too long so she can make this about herself.

i am not arguing whether or not Meri should have an affair because I don't care. But her decision to have the affair is her mistake to live with. The adult should not have to grovel at the child's feet. She made her apologies. 

i try to see it from Mariah's perspective and yes I would be angry at my mom. But if I saw my dad showing forgiveness, and they both are trying to work it out, I would realize it's time to move on and let the adults work on their marriage.

• Love 2

Except Meri isn't guilty of having an affair, according to Meri.  She was catfished, and she's a victim!  I think this revisionist history and inability to accept responsibility is part of why Mariah is having a hard time forgiving her mother.  How can you forgive someone who won't admit what she did?

• Love 16
(edited)
4 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Lol!

But why are we saying that Mariah knew anything, whether she was down with it or not? What's the source? It doesn't seem likely that she would tell Mariah anything considering Mariah was so religious that she herself was still saying she wanted to practice polygamy. all the kids are taught to worship Kody, so I really can't see Meri taking the chance on confiding in Mariah. It just doesn't make sense. 

Mariah said on the show that she knew early on and warned her, and that Meri ignored her and didn't believe it was a catfish.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Meri made it Mariah's business by telling her shit she shouldn't know. I get that. For that she is owed an apology and it seems like she's gotten that. She is not owed an apology for the choice Meri made to find love outside of Kody. It's not like she's 10. She's a grown woman now and she needs to accept that life is sometimes hard and sometimes the people you worship turn out to be imperfect like the rest of us. If only she could see that her dad isn't perfect either, then maybe she'd ease up a bit on her mother. I think this is all about Kody worship when it comes down to it. 

I agree, but they raised her in a Kody-worshipping patriarchal cult since birth. You reap what you sow. 

Also, Meri hasn't actually asked forgiveness. She's a lying liar who plays the victim and pretends to have been stalked by a catfish rather than to have planned to leave the family, but also isn't strong enough to leave. I'd be SO fucking over my insufferable bitch of a lying mother at this point. It's not infidelity they chose to work out, according to Meri. In her version, she's the innocent victim of everyone else. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 9

First of all, that was hardly a luxurious Hawaiian family vacation.  Took the liberty of finding the B&B on Tripadvisor and wow, what a dump.

I only want to comment how strongly I felt the hurt and pain that the 3 original wives were feeling at the beginning of the clips when they were discussing Robyn coming into the family and Kody courting Robyn.  This was no joyous event.  I actually wondered how the women sat through watching it without cringing.  And we really didn’t need to see 10 minutes of clips of the adoption – AGAIN!  Who cares!

• Love 5