Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, PreposterousISTA said:

Ohhh. Emmm. Geee. Just About Died Laughing

>>>>>>160504_3030409_Is_Luann_a_Bad_Influence_

OMG!  Thank you!!!  As soon as I saw her I was hoping someone got a screenshot!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

This all day, every day. Ramona is the special type of bitch that you have to double tap. You can't just give sly little digs and expect them to register. You got to pull out the gloc 9 loaded with hollow point bullets and shoot twice to the cranium. As much as Ramona has talked shit about people, especially Luann and her marriage, sex life, kids, acting a damn fool racing for rooms on vacay, acting like a snotty asshole about Heather's Berkshires home (remember looking up home values in the area) I give ovations to anyone who comes full throttle at her. 

Why waste two good bullets? You punch her in the effing face and then stand over her and say, "When you look into the mirror remember what you said and how you came to have a busted nose and two raccoon eyes - and don't lie to the people that ask you about it, Bitch....." If she has passed out, you write on a slip of paper and shove it down her blouse, so she is sure to find it when she comes to

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

OMG!  Thank you!!!  As soon as I saw her I was hoping someone got a screenshot!

The woman in pink is Sonja's dream lady.  I am thinking she could also be the Tipsy Girl.

• Love 8
(edited)

I really like Bethanny this season, she has so far been my favorite housewife. Ramona is acting a bit crazy and is imo, crazy jealous that Sonja and LuAnn are hanging out, doing everything she can to "break them up." Eventually, she'll join them, once her "sobriety" is over and played out. I also thought it was hysterical the grief Ramona gave Luann on the necklace. Had she not seen Bethanny's bag, she would have been just fine. And Dorinda brought it up, Romana acts like that is so wrong, then lays into LuAnn. Hahaha. Ramona is a trip. I just can't help but love her, though she is super obnoxious. 

The Tipsy Girl drink is amazing. I guess Bethanny is going to eat it for making fun of Sonja all last season. Go Sonja! But really, Bethanny said in her blog that it wasn't even being sold anywhere and that any housewives that try to sell stuff fail. So why should she even worry? 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 3
(edited)

Ramona deserved and deserves a continual reading for filth, 24/7, 365.  So even though it made everyone visibly nervous, I was giddy that Dorinda Went There.  Ramona can get all wordIcanttype-y about John, she has criticized him non-stop in TH's and in filmed conversations, and this is behavior going back years

Yes, I was HERE for Ramona getting dragged. Couldn't happen to a better person. I can't stand her no filter having ass. I didn't care one bit that shit went left when Dorinda went full on Carmela Soprano on her. All she needed was a ricotta pie. Dorinda was probably putting on airs when she was with Richard. I can't see her as some stuffy professor's wife going to boring cocktail parties and university events. She's who she is when she's with John. Finally, someone who can get lit with her. She's just mad that all of her society friends are finding out about how she really likes to get down. She's cool with John's partying, but she hates that he isn't discreet.

As someone who's had her share of readings, I'm with Carol on part of me thinking it's bullshit, but the other part wondering what if. However, Bethenny's attitude is too much. Would it have killed her to be a sport? It's one thing to not be open to it, but just take what's said in stride. She's so goddamn unpleasant. I can't believe I used to like her. I don't know why Jason is dragging this divorce. Boy get your freedom papers and move on.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I will give it a try-Ramona attended Luann's jewelry line launch.  She tried on a sample necklace (probably with every intent of absconding with the same) and claimed the necklace made her break out.  Luann had a new necklace made that supposedly did not have the same metal allergy issues the sample had.  So essentially, Ramona saw a necklace she liked, Luann had it made to be compatible with Ramona's delicate skin.  So Ramona never really had possession of the sample and Luann, to me, used the opportunity to give Ramona a necklace from the Countess collection, she said she liked that was specially made to Ramona's specifications.  To hear Ramona tell the story it is as if Luann gave her a wrapped package of a necklace she had selected for her and the clasp was broken and Luann had the clasp fixed and gave it to her as a gift.     

I do think Luann was smart to have Bethenny's monogrammed, otherwise I think Ramona would have tried to lay claim to it.   I know Ramona objected to the timing of the giving Bethenny her gift, but Ramona and Bethenny's birthdays are two weeks apart.  It is not as if Bethenny's birthday was six months earlier. 

Ramona is not over it and there is just something wrong with Ramona weighing in on anyone's etiquette.

Thank you! While watching, I had a moment trying to reconcile the significance of the broken clasp versus an allergy free necklace and moved on quickly because I couldn't muster up the energy to figure it out.

6 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I wish Sonja would just stop with the interns.

Ramona showed up on WWHL with her new interns that she loudly noted she pays just to slam Sonja. They were cute young girls that manned the bar. I found on her web site that one of her new businesses is Mentorships.  Yes, really.

• Love 6

I love Sonja. I do. I love her. I was so happy when she came to the show because she was so much more laid back than everyone else. Bethanny was wound so tight-- along with Ramona and Jill, it was terrible.  She seems to be the most fun and least vindictive. But she is also someone that just wants to have fun. It's like getting married just for the party. The Tipsy Girl thing was sort of just to have an excuse to party. She really really loves to party. She was married to an uber rich man and had a very luxurious life, and is recovering from losing it all. She's holding herself together pretty well. She has the most in common with LuAnn, who also lost her rich husband and luxurious lifestyle.

Bethanny and Ramona are probably the most alike. They are both business woman, make their own money, and afford their own lifestyles.

Then Dorinda and Carole. Both lost husbands who were rich/ had high statuses. They are both widows, and both dating and in dead end relationships. Both miss their husbands and try to talk to them even though they are dead.

Jules is probably most like Kristen. Who was also picked on relentlessly and never taken seriously. I see Jules not surviving too long.

• Love 13

We haven't touched on this but WTF is it with Jules not recognizing an ipod?  Um.  My kids who are soooo much younger than you Jules recognize an ipod and they know what to call it.  And yeah, I still have mine and play it when I'm doing house and yard work.  Oh wait, Jules does not do that.  She doesn't even know how to make tea.  I know how to make tea.  And BTW, I hate tea. 

As for Beth's anger regarding Sonja using 'girl' in her wine name, Beth didn't invent using 'girl' in a name for a 'spirit'.  That would probably be St. Pauli Girl.  There are others that I know of:  White Girl, Kung Fu Girl, Orphan Girl. etc. 

Another random thought.  Someone mentioned (I'm sorry I forget who) mentioned Kristen being able to pull off Beth's turtleneck.  Yes!  

I have no idea if John is 'doing' cocaine.  I just can't go there because that is a really serious accusation.  And yeah, Doris's comment about ezpass and going back to Queens.  Yeah no honey.  You ain't born and bred....  Your father was a blue collar.... Who the hell are you to make comments like that.  Never forget your roots.  And John's roots is in Queens.

• Love 10

Ditto.

These forums are better than the shows.

Certainly more honest.

I didn´t even watch the last 5 or 6 episodes of Beverly Hills, my other favorite franchise. I just knew it would bother me, bore me etc, but I loved reading about it on the forums. It was the first time I skipped any of these shows and I´m starting to feel the same way about NY, they haven´t done anything other than bother me or bore me so far this season. And I´ve come to the forums before watching the last 3 episodes, that´s not good.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Bethenny Frankel professional victim . This is great. Read the comments ! 

http://www.realitytvscandals.com/2016/01/07/tipsygirl-vs-skinnygirl-bethenny-frankel-professional-victim/

I guess Kelly was more on target than not with her AS comment to Bethenny! LOL  From this article......"Sidebar: Remember when Kelly referenced Al Sharpton to Bethenny? Al Sharpton is part owner of Raw Entertainment" LOL

• Love 2
(edited)

Vanity Fair take on the situation:  http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/12/bethenny-frankel-sonja-morgan-tipsy-girl

Interesting. 

So that's where Richard Lawson is writing these days.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Amen!

I think the reason she pushes it so much is she thinks Jewish + Asian = Exotic.  As if she's the only one who has ever been mixed in such a way.  And then of course, let's not forget how apparently she and her husband view Jewish women.  Apparently, they all are supposed to look like the stereotype.  You know, he married this tall leggy woman who is part Asian because she is Jewish but doesn't look Jewish.  UGH.

Exactly. They're perpetuating a racist stereotype in a strange and underhanded way. Like he's so lucky to have found a nice Jewish girl with a regular nose and a thigh gap. It's incredibly offensive, IMO. 

• Love 10
14 hours ago, WordsWordsWords said:

(And, yes, I know you cannot copyright a book title. I'd still be pissed off.)

I did not know this until I discovered there was a book titled, "What Remains" written 3 years before Carole's.  And since Carole's, three more books with the same title have come out.  With all the possible word combinations in the world, why would an author pick the same title as someone else? 

14 hours ago, Pepperminty said:

Dorinda needs to spend a night with John completely sober. That includes sex. I don't think she'd make it through until morning.

Ugh, I'm completely sober and I barely made it through that post....

I wouldn't even wish that on OC Tamara!

Actually, upon reflection, I would start a kickstarter campaign to make that happen.

• Love 7
On 5/12/2016 at 11:43 PM, zoeysmom said:

Am I the only who thinks Ramona makes shit up?  I loathe the woman at this point all she has to offer is talking about her friends who she spends no time with these days.

I don't know if she makes shit up, but I do believes she exaggerates things to fit her agenda. And it's very annoying to watch. Seriously, how does Ramona have friends?! Her behavior is horrid and treats 'friends' like one would an enemy.

• Love 5
(edited)
On May 12, 2016 at 3:57 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

Well that's a Miranda Hobbs debate.  Long Island is just for the weekends.  The Bronx?  {{smoothsskirt}}.  That leaves Staten Island (ain't nobody taking a boat) and Brooklyn/Queens.   Queens offers guys like John and Doug Heffernan.  That leaves Brooklyn.  Now who wants to go all the way to Brooklyn for some strange when we can all sleep with these same 9 dudes right here in the real NYC?

{{handscales}} sharing vs. travelling?   does. not. compute.

Haaa...you forgot Ray Barone..Im from LI and  in some alcohol induced stupor, married a combo of Doug & Ray. That's who Lu, Sonja and especially Ramona deserve.  A big, overgrown baby-man from Queens. One who makes John seem like European royalty....

Edited by The Real Real
stupidity
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm getting tired of Bethenny.  She's annoying, boring and acts like she doesn't want to be on the show, so she needs to do what Nene of RHOA did, leave now and never, ever come back.  She has this attitude like she's seen it all, but in reality, she hasn't.

I didn't get the Dorinda/John argument.  Either it was edited badly, or that's what two drunks arguing looks like.

Interesting about Jules and her eating disorder.  What gets me about eating disorders on TV is, people think that if you're too thin it's like, "OMG, you have an eating disorder."  However, I think that some people who are obese might have eating disorders as well, the only difference is they don't purge, but people who are obese are just looked at like, "you're just fat." 

So, if I started a brand called "Black Girl" would Bethenny get pissed then?  Does she own the word "girl" too?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10
56 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

From this interview Peter claims he is making Tipsy Girl, wine vodka prosecco and will be featured on this season RHONYC.  I find it interesting because the article was way back in July and Sonja was a contract hold out.  So this article came out the day after last season's "Don't Be Uncool", episode.  Someone in Bethenny's camp dropped the ball if SKG really feels this is a case of infringement.  For all intent and purposes it is simply an endorsement deal for Sonja.  She didn't conjure up the idea.  I am wondering did peter first approach hi good friend Ramona?  

This whole Tipsy Girl vs. Tipsygirl SG Brands, is truly just a plot device.  One I don't think Bethenny was prepared for.   Had Sonja not announced I doubt this would have been an issue. RH endorse through tweets and Instagram all the time. From Bethenny's blog:  "This may be another sideshow to stay on the main show."   I guess we could have another season of watching Sonja get drunk and make foolish statements or her "friends" speak of their concern for her.  Instead we have a group of women (with the exception of Luann) who had no contact with her but a dinner and a Reunion taping in July of 2015 and here we are in late November for filming purposes and Bethenny has still had no contact with Sonja.

Does anyone know if the restaurant actually opened?

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, The Real Real said:

Haaa...you forgot Ray Barone..Im from LI and  in some alcohol induced stupor married, a combo of Doug & Ray. That's who Lu, Sonja and especially Ramona deserve.  A big, overgrown baby-man from Queens. One who makes John seem like European royalty....

girl you're killing me.  It wasn't intended to be an insult lmao!!  Your baby-man notwithstanding (sorrs btw), I actually think John, Doug and Ray are too good for this lot.

p.s. if it's any consolation your bachelorette night sounds like it was awesome lol!!

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, halkatla said:

I didn´t even watch the last 5 or 6 episodes of Beverly Hills, my other favorite franchise. I just knew it would bother me, bore me etc, but I loved reading about it on the forums. It was the first time I skipped any of these shows and I´m starting to feel the same way about NY, they haven´t done anything other than bother me or bore me so far this season. And I´ve come to the forums before watching the last 3 episodes, that´s not good.

This.  I pretty much stopped watching BH at the end and the reunion episodes I only skimmed.  

Same with NY. I haven't watched one   bit. I do love reading everyone's thoughts. I'm not bragging about not watching,  I just know I have no interest in watching the Bethenny show. Ramona,  I have had my fill of her rude nasty behavior to last me a lifetime.  I love that I can read about the show and laugh and not be stressed by these woman.  So,  thank you, thank you,  to all you smart funny posters. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, njbchlover said:

They really are an incestuous bunch, aren't they?  Between Aviva's ex, Harry, the guy Luann is currently engaged to (supposedly dated Ramona and Sonja, I think), the restauranteur/prosecco maker, Peter (involved with both Ramona and Sonja), you would think that Manhattan is some small, little village somewhere.  

Well, actually it is, depending on where you live.  Manhattan is a bunch of neighborhoods, and each neighborhood can sometimes seem like a small town.  All of these women hang out in the same circles on the UES, so yes, it is an incestuous bunch.

• Love 1

Andy showed a clip on last night's WWHL of Judith Light playing a character snorting a bunch of cocaine.  At the end of it he commented that all she needed was a Snoopy scarf and a dry cleaning business and she could be a Real Housewife of New York.   Shady as an elm, that man.

• Love 10

Dorinda is really bugging me this season, which troubles me because I loved her last season.  Her whole history is really quite interesting. Her first husband (Hannah's father) was a very successful hedge fund/private equity guy that she met in NYC. They moved to London for his work and that is where she started her cashmere business.  They divorced and she moved back to NYC and became a real estate agent. She met Richard Medley when she was showing him NYC apartments.  Richard was a much more than a college professor -- he was a VERY successful hedge fund guy who also held a senior advisory position in the Clinton White House. So not only was he super smart, he was super rich AND very well-connected and respected.

Mr. Gaily (yes, I make my poor husband watch RHNY and then he takes the clicker back and forces ESPN and The History Channel on me) is surprised that someone of Richard Medley's status would marry Dorinda. When I pointed out that she is beautiful, charming and probably a lot of fun, he remarked that he thinks Dorinda is very "Jersey Shore" and not in a good way (he meant JS as in the MTV TV show -- not the beautiful beaches of NJ).  Like Dorinda is more like JWoww's mom than Princess Diana.  

Net/net for me is that Dorinda is very good at marrying up -- she knew how to find and captivate wealthy, successful older men who could give her a very desirable lifestyle.  Now, I heard that she went into business with John -- I guess she invested in his high-end dry cleaning business which has been owned by his family for many years. So her rationale for doing RHNY was to promote his business and help her investment, apparently (she even said she is only doing RHNY for him because he asked her to).

Sorry but I call bullshit on that.  She must have another agenda and my bet is she wants to start a business for herself somehow.  I think her cashmere line did pretty well there for a while. She DOES dress really well -- I think she always has lovely clothes and accessories and her hair color/cut is gorgeous.  It's just when she drinks she gets all red, shiny, loud and slurry and then she POINTS at people when she yells which drives me crazy. Pointing and pointing like some deranged rapper after too many shots of Hennessy.  Arggh!

Anyhoo I thought it was interesting that my husband found her very low class which I am certain is not the effect she is going for.

• Love 11

I think Sonja is missing a golden opportunity.  Instead of "focusing" on prosecco, fashion lines, toaster ovens and Nigerian football teams, she should be writing a book on International Fashion Lifestyle tips.  She could fill a book with her little helpful hints like how to refurbish that old Chanel bag with a Sharpie (they come in a variety of colors for every style and season), buy 2 of the same bathing suit; one for swimming and one to lounge in (comes in handy if one gets ripped off a hole in it), and how to use a Q-Tip, should you need to blow your nose, so as not to mess up your makeup.  I'm sure she has enough of these little tricks to fill a book.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

girl you're killing me.  It wasn't intended to be an insult lmao!!  Your baby-man notwithstanding (sorrs btw), I actually think John, Doug and Ray are too good for this lot.

p.s. if it's any consolation your bachelorette night sounds like it was awesome lol!!

The guys from Queens are edgier which makes them a more fun than that Manhattan Harry they were all sharing a few years ago. 
Dorinda is typical of a 14 yr old girl who is way too influenced by what her buddies think of her boyfriend.
I kinda think the dimwitted, way-post menapausal Ramona thinks she's gonna nail some wealthy guy by getting knocked up....pssssst Ramona.
But seriously, how fun would that be..Ramona having a baby.....

• Love 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Because I'm an attorney with some trademark experience who is currently between jobs (sips a beverage loudly), I decided to check out the Tipsy Girl situation.  Sonja said the sloppy seconds dude had filed for a trademark for it, and sure enough it is registered with the Patent Trademark Office (PTO).  Both for packaged alcoholic beverages and restaurant services.  Since the PTO process would involve "publishing" the mark for opposition before it registered, Bethenny has no one to blame but herself, or her attorneys, if she was unaware this existed and didn't oppose it.

Sonja should just use the "Skinny Cow Defense".  Bethenny claimed she didn't copy Skinny Cow because Skinny Cow is 2 words and Skinnygirl is one word, so they're not even close, so there, nyah. Wouldn't the same logic would apply for Skinnygirl vsTipsy Girl?

Edited by AnitaKnight
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

From this interview Peter claims he is making Tipsy Girl, wine vodka prosecco and will be featured on this season RHONYC.  I find it interesting because the article was way back in July and Sonja was a contract hold out.  So this article came out the day after last season's "Don't Be Uncool", episode.  Someone in Bethenny's camp dropped the ball if SKG really feels this is a case of infringement.  For all intent and purposes it is simply an endorsement deal for Sonja.  She didn't conjure up the idea.  I am wondering did peter first approach hi good friend Ramona?  

This whole Tipsy Girl vs. Tipsygirl SG Brands, is truly just a plot device.  One I don't think Bethenny was prepared for.   Had Sonja not announced I doubt this would have been an issue. RH endorse through tweets and Instagram all the time. From Bethenny's blog:  "This may be another sideshow to stay on the main show."   I guess we could have another season of watching Sonja get drunk and make foolish statements or her "friends" speak of their concern for her.  Instead we have a group of women (with the exception of Luann) who had no contact with her but a dinner and a Reunion taping in July of 2015 and here we are in late November for filming purposes and Bethenny has still had no contact with Sonja.

Does anyone know if the restaurant actually opened?

I know they have a Facebook page with photos saying they are opening in late May.

OK, I admit I don't care enough to really delve into this whole thing, and aside from that, I already know that some posters here will do all of that for me eventually.  Ha.  So, from what I can gather from my limited reading, is this the shorthand version of all of it?

• Sonja was hired to promote the bar/wine
  • Sonja has nothing else to do with the wine
  • Sonja was only given money for this for the free advertising these guys would get on RHNY
  • They deliberately chose that name to get more publicity by annoying Bethenny and making this a "story" (more press) ON the show, and get their product/bar name out there

38 minutes ago, AnitaKnight said:

Sonja should just use the "Skinny Cow Defense".  Bethenny claimed she didn't copy Skinny Cow because Skinny Cow is 2 words and Skinnygirl is one word, so they're not even close, so there, nyah. Wouldn't the same logic would apply for Skinnygirl vsTipsy Girl?

I thought Bethenny said they legally secured the name Skinny Girl from the people who had the name Skinny Cow.  Wasn't that the entire point she was making with high/drunk John at the bra party?

Edited by Umbelina
(edited)

What confuses me about this whole name thing is.  Does Bethenny own the words "girl" and "skinny?"  If someone made something and called it "Latin Girl," would she sue then? 

I remember the reason "Lee Daniels', The Butler" was called that was because another movie had been made called, "The Butler."

Can't stand Bethenny, she always wants to paint herself as a victim.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

What confuses me about this whole name thing is.  Does Bethenny own the words "girl" and "skinny?"  If someone made something and called it "Latin Girl," would she sue then? 

I remember the reason "Lee Daniels', The Butler" was called that was because another movie had been made called, "The Butler."

It's both product and name specific. 

https://www.videomaker.com/article/c19/14256-whats-legal-can-you-copyright-a-name

Trademark law is similar to copyright law. As you know, copyright law allows a user to prevent others from copying his work without permission. Trademark law also deals with an exclusive right that gives the owner of a mark the right to exclude anyone else from using the mark - or a confusingly similar mark - on goods or services in the same channel of trade. In other words, a trademark owner can prevent others from using the same trademark - regardless of whether the mark is registered - or a trademark that is close to the owner's mark and is likely to cause confusion as to the source of the goods or services.

It's not about "ownership" of words.   A court may find it arguable that Tipsy Girl as a competing product is similar enough to Skinny Girl to cause the average consumer to mistake one for the other.   There is also the wrinkle of Sonja having already admitted that Bethenney's product was the inspiration for the name of her own.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I know they have a Facebook page with photos saying they are opening in late May.

OK, I admit I don't care enough to really delve into this whole thing, and aside from that, I already know that some posters here will do all of that for me eventually.  Ha.  So, from what I can gather from my limited reading, is this the shorthand version of all of it?

• Sonja was only given money for this for the free advertising these guys would get on RHNY
  • They deliberately chose that name to get more publicity by annoying Bethenny and making this a "story" (more press) ON the show, and get their product/bar name out there

I thought Bethenny said they legally secured the name Skinny Girl from the people who had the name Skinny Cow.  Wasn't that the entire point she was making with high/drunk John at the bra party?

I thought her point was to show how to take advantage of an opportunity to call John a "cow" and a user and then move on.

I don't think she secured the name. Lots of Skinny products out there. She'd have to spend her last dime going after all of them. Surprised she didn't go out and trademark SkinnyCow. That's more her style.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Bethenny Frankel professional victim . This is great. Read the comments ! 

http://www.realitytvscandals.com/2016/01/07/tipsygirl-vs-skinnygirl-bethenny-frankel-professional-victim/

You can't call BF a bitch anymore, she trademarked that along with Bethenny is an Asshole, too.

41 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Wait until she trademarks the word 'woman', they all you ladies are going to be in trouble.

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, ryebread said:

I did not know this until I discovered there was a book titled, "What Remains" written 3 years before Carole's.  And since Carole's, three more books with the same title have come out.  With all the possible word combinations in the world, why would an author pick the same title as someone else? 

To be honest, the author might not have anything to do with it. (I deal a lot with indie authors, and they do choose their own titles.) If you are with a publishing house, they might well give you a title you didn't choose -- and might give you one you don't like. If you're Stephen King, you probably don't have to worry about that, but if you're a mid-list writer, you don't have a lot of power in the publishing world. :)

Oh, and I don't know why some titles are used over and over. "Past Imperfect" is a frequent flier. So is "The Colour (or Color) of Night." Who know?

• Love 5

Sonja doesn't HAVE a wine.  The company that does is obviously using Bethenny's brand name, on the show, to promote their own.  Sonja is, at best, a paid employee because it got them free advertising.

I thought Bethenny explained that the whole "Skinny Cow" name was secured because the guy that started that company sold it, and the name to some parent company that was also involved in the Skinny Girl stuff...so, no conflict?

Anyway, I don't care enough to look it all up. 

As far as the wine that supposedly is Sonja's?  Obvious rip off in every way, for very obvious reasons, she must really need the money to pretend it's her product or idea, when it's obviously simply a publicity ploy by that company.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

I can only attest to what I read was Sonja was hired to promote the bar/wine.  I don't think she has invested money in the project.

I don't think Sonja can enter into contracts promising product exposure on RHONYC-I believe their contracts with Shed strictly forbid it.

I didn't sound like the reason for the name choice of his restaurant was to specifically to annoy Bethenny.  It would be pretty short sighted. One sure way for no publicity to occur is for Bethenny not to respond.

Bethenny said Skinny Cow sold to Nestle and she also has some relationship with Nestle.  The point she made at the party is one was a Girl (her)  and the other was a Cow (John).  In other words she pretty  much shot herself in the foot as there is a big difference between SKINNY vs TIPSY. 

• Love 4

Except annoying Bethenny with the copycat name is exactly why this company is getting press, and air time on RHNY, AND in the media covering RHNY.  Sonja being connected wouldn't do that, since she has ZERO credibility.  Toaster oven anyone?

Honestly, this one is probably a slam-dunk lawsuit, should she want to pursue it, but she may not want to, because both the restaurant and wines will probably fail, so no money to collect, and the name won't last because they are unlikely to succeed.

12 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I can only attest to what I read was Sonja was hired to promote the bar/wine.  I don't think she has invested money in the project.

I don't think Sonja can enter into contracts promising product exposure on RHONYC-I believe their contracts with Shed strictly forbid it.

I didn't sound like the reason for the name choice of his restaurant was to specifically to annoy Bethenny.  It would be pretty short sighted. One sure way for no publicity to occur is for Bethenny not to respond.

Bethenny said Skinny Cow sold to Nestle and she also has some relationship with Nestle.  The point she made at the party is one was a Girl (her)  and the other was a Cow (John).  In other words she pretty  much shot herself in the foot as there is a big difference between SKINNY vs TIPSY. 

• Love 4

In an earlier post, someone made a statement about how Dorinda is not over Richard the same way Carole is over her late ex.

I'm willing to give Dorinda a bit of a pass on this, in contrast to Carole.  Carole has been widowed a much longer time and, as far as grief is concerned, everyone responds in their own way.  Dorinda may not be over Richard yet and, frankly, she doesn't have to be.  If John is just a place-holder for her until she can work through her grief, then more power to her.  But she needs, first, to be honest with herself about what John represents to her.  Then she needs to be honest with John about what John represents to her.

After that, everyone else can go pound sand.  None of their business.  They can share all the trite and petty nonsense they care to, but Dorinda is gonna do what Dorinda is gonna do about John.  I sense she is clearly not comfortable with how their relationship is.  She will come to her senses all in good time and not a minute sooner.  If the ladies, any of them, are truly her friend, they will stand by her and be ready to catch her when she falls.  That's all she wants; that's all she needs.

• Love 4