Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: After You've Gone

Yeah, Layla to me is not a good person. Especially in regards to her thing with Avery. She started out wanting to use him because of Juliette's actions and wanted to get back at her. Now she has Avery and Juliette confessed about what went down with Jeff, I thought maybe she did really like Avery. But then this week, she finds out her album isn't doing well and she lures Avery out for kissing photos and tips off paparazzi for press and buzz. And then tries to act like she doesn't know how it happened to a person she says she cares about. I'm sorry, but I don't want good things for a person who does things like that. I don't root for that character.

• Love 5

My favorite story line is the Maddie/Cash/Rayna storyline. It has a very authentic feel. Can anyone over forty not picture your kids knowing they know more than  you do ? A 17yo being led by a 20/21 yo who seems to know everything ?? Maddie will be in for a major crash and need her mother. Cash will use and disappoint her. Daphne's feeling of disappointment, betrayal abandonment is very real.  This is the storyline I want to know the end of ( Nashville style).

Gunner and Scarlett is boring. Same ole. I cannot believe they are continually written this way.

Will's storyline. Not bad. Good issue to deal with in the venue of the country/western scene and very homophobic states.

Deacon, kind of the same as Gunner Scarlett storyline. Same ole. 

Same ole dulls the empathy for the characters.

Juliette, she is always compelling . Love Hayden. 

• Love 3
(edited)

This is exactly what I thought.  That song was awful and she terrible singing it.

The song was awful and so far astray from her country roots. But typical of very young pop singer who wants to  be  so "sexy" and desirable. Mostly they look ridiculous .

Edited by missyb
  • Love 4

Maddie the wannabe sex pot is hilarious.  She sounds off key and looked silly.

1 hour ago, Linderhill said:

This is exactly what I thought.  That song was awful and she terrible singing it.

Yeah, while she was performing I thought the show was going to go with Maddie crashing and burning at her showcase and not having anyone wanting to sign her, it was so terrible.   I was shocked and disappointed that they played it that various labels loved her and wanted her.   I thought she sucked.  Hard.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I hope that Noah is being sincere because he could be a fun rebound guy for Juliette. I'm really hoping that having pictures of the two of them show up in the media was supposed to illustrate the contrast between two celebs who are willing to see where this relationship goes vs Layla's desperate attempt to get publicity by using Avery. I know that we like Avery because we get to see his personality but in the world of the show, the pictures of him kissing Layla could best be described as "has been reality star caught in an alley with country star's baby daddy." Imagine the real world equivalent of Kevin Federline being photographed making out with some chick from American Idol (but not Kelly, Carrie, Jennifer Hudson, or Jordin). More like Nikki McKibbin. Anyway, since Noah is suposed to already be famous, fingers crossed that he isn't dating Juliette for the publicity. 

Definitely no one would care about the Layla/Avery "celebrity couple" if Avery hadn't previously been married to Juliette. The Kevin Federline comparison is apt and hilarious. 

Noah was willing to date Juliette back when she was pregnant with another guy's baby, so I think his feelings for her are genuine, and it seems like he's supposed to be pretty famous already. I almost wish Noah could stick around, but I am not sure with his busy schedule that DH will be on the show for very long. 

• Love 1

Yeah, while she was performing I thought the show was going to go with Maddie crashing and burning at her showcase and not having anyone wanting to sign her, it was so terrible.  

I thought the same thing.  To me, she didn't sound at all ready to sign with a label...but I don't know anything about the music biz.  I SO loved Glen being there.  He knows his shit.

I liked the Juliette/Noah hook up...he seems like a good friend, if nothing else.  

Run, Avery, run!  

Go Luke and Will!  Will has to catch a break soon, right?  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Let's think about this in the context of what Layla just did and excuse every other cruel and manipulative thing she's done since she's been on the show. She just told Avery a week ago that she cared about him too much to put him through anything more than he's already been through. Seven days later, she thought up a plan where she could use his D-list (at best) celebrity status to boost her sagging album sales. Then, when he was upset over the pics she gaslighted him about it and he ended up apologizing for overreacting. She's not pursuing happiness. And she's not kind. Far from it. As I've said before, Layla cares about her career and she'll do anything to be successful. Including using Avery - and by extension Juliette. If she could sell Cadence and somehow benefit from it career-wise, I'd fear for the child's safety. 

Layla drumming up attention by calling the paps on her real bf is hardly a cardinal sin compared to...say, manipulating a naive lovestruck girl to be your beard and continue the rouse on a network reality show. Layla was an innocent victim of her husband who was supposed to love her, like how Juliette was with her mother. Both had their hearts broken and betrayed by them because they were--yes--kind and loving to them. The same thing happened with their subsequent relationships--Layla with Jeff and Juliette with that psychotic manager.

Also, how many times has Juliette been duplicitous for attention or getting her way?Her schemes are her trademark. Even when she's matured she'll always be flawed but with a huge heart and that's what makes her interesting and likeable to me. (Scarlett, by contrast, is a self-righteous Pollyanna who I find insufferable most of the time.)

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, anonymiss said:

Layla drumming up attention by calling the paps on her real bf is hardly a cardinal sin compared to...say, manipulating a naive lovestruck girl to be your beard and continue the rouse on a network reality show. Layla was an innocent victim of her husband who was supposed to love her, like how Juliette was with her mother. Both had their hearts broken and betrayed by them because they were--yes--kind and loving to them.

It's interesting how Will's being adorable tends to make us forget what a jerk he was to Layla.  

• Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Shellie said:

It's interesting how Will's being adorable tends to make us forget what a jerk he was to Layla.  

I think the overriding message is supposed to be that he was in a prison of his secrets and didn't want to hurt her but felt pressured to appear to be straight, but it doesn't make what he did right. I knew someone in real life whose husband came out and said he knew he was gay all along and was trying to fight it. It was a terrible situation all around, and it seemed people were so busy congratulating him on having the courage to come out that they forgot about the intense pain the wife felt. 

All that being said, I still think Layla is a terrible person. 

Edited by scra22
  • Love 8

I did like Tandy's talk with Daphne. But Maddie isn't the only one who wants to sing, Daphne does too. I really hope that isn't dropped just because Maddie turned into a terrible human being and left her sister in the dust.

It would be sweet if Daphne becomes a bigger star than Maddie … while not turning her back on her mother’s advice.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, missyb said:

The song was awful and so far astray from her country roots. But typical of very young pop singer who wants to  be  so "sexy" and desirable. Mostly they look ridiculous .

That "performance" was supposed to "showcase" her "talent"? She sounded so off-key and whiny that I had to mute my TV.

Maybe that's why she's using her famous mother's last name. It could be that the only way to get a deal is for Maddie to ride on Rayna's fame and name recognition? That sounds more likely to me than her singing that horrible song and trying to act "sexy" while wailing and strutting like a novice streetwalker.

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, anonymiss said:

Layla drumming up attention by calling the paps on her real bf is hardly a cardinal sin compared to...say, manipulating a naive lovestruck girl to be your beard and continue the rouse on a network reality show. Layla was an innocent victim of her husband who was supposed to love her, like how Juliette was with her mother. Both had their hearts broken and betrayed by them because they were--yes--kind and loving to them. The same thing happened with their subsequent relationships--Layla with Jeff and Juliette with that psychotic manager.

Nothing you said excuses Layla's current actions. Avery is neither Will nor Jeff. She dishonored an agreement they made when they started their relationship ONE WEEK ago and then lied to him about it, threw a tantrum and made him feel guilty for being upset about it. 

I doubt Avery's going to feel like her machinations are no big deal if and when he finds out about it. 

• Love 7

You know, at least I think I have a handle on this whole Maddie/Cash/Frankie thing, even as they continue to be the absolute worst. Cash is bitter about never becoming really successful, and is now hoping to hitch her wagon to idiot Maddie, by becoming her manager, then maybe using her to springboard her own career? And Frankie is going along with this because he is a jealous asshole who wants to take Deacon down a peg by screwing his family up. What a pack of assholes. The shitty looks she kept giving Glenn pretty much told the whole story. She gives no fucks about Maddie, if she is using Maddie, or if this really is some kind of evil, years spanning, Count of Monte Cristo plan to destroy Rayna and her family. Because of...reasons. 

I actually did like this song a little better than last week. At least some of the plots worked. The Will plot was heartbreaking, and his dad is still an asshole, even if he did make a positive step at the end. He needs to do a whole lot more work if he does not want to go down as a mega asshole. And Luke continues to show himself to be a decent guy. I like him and Will in plots way more than his loser drunk friend.

Loved Averys song. Avery/JJ is a great performer, I love that they gave him a chance to perform. Thats what this show needs! More freaking songs!

Layla is more desperate to me than evil. I wouldn't call her a nice person, but she is hardly a monster. That being said, I do not really care much about her either way. If she turns out to just be with Avery as a way to get attention, I wouldn't be super surprised. 

• Love 6

And if I never again have to hear that horrid song she's been singing, I will consider myself a lucky woman.

Hells to the yes! One of the things that kept me watching Nashville in S1 was the music, and I hope that if there is another season with new showrunners they bring back more music...just not Maddie's current number!

• Love 4

I try not to get hung up on timelines, but didn't they say one week had passed from last episode?  In that time, Deacon has either pled guilty, or went to trial and was found guilty.  And he's already do community service hours.  IRL, he wouldn't have had his first court date.  Maddie's had a photo shoot, been courted by several labels, had some sort of audition, and been signed.

Avery - if you don't want your girlfriend to act like a teenager, don't date a teenager.  He's trying my patience with this BS, and I'm bothered that he's so stupid about everything.  I don't remember Avery being stupid, and lacking the ability to read people.

Juliette is my favorite.  Hayden does drama so well, but I think she's gifted in comedy, too.  I loved when she was all slobbed out, eating ice cream, and looking at her Ipad.  When she saw that article the spoon drops from her mouth to the bowl and she's screeching for Emily.  I no longer resent Juliette's treatment of Emily, because I think Emily has the upper hand in that relationship. 

I've always loved Aunt Tandy and her affection for her nieces.  When she moved, I said I wish she'd take Daphne with her.  Maybe she's the one who needs to go to Maddie, tell her about herself, then go back home grateful that she's childless.

I know people want Maddie to crash and burn, and for Rayna to stand back and allow it.  I understand Rayna, because she knows the dirtiest side of the record business, and she knows Cash is taking advantage of her.  Maddie being humiliated, humbled, and then running back home is the least that could happen.  Maddie is only sixteen, and she's reeling from her first sexual experience.  I'm sure Rayna's worried that Maddie could be coerced or flat out raped.  Maddie could get pregnant or an STD.  And as much as Rayna doesn't regret her often dysfunctional relationship with Deacon, I'm sure she doesn't wish the same on Maddie.  And there's also the fact that daughters of alcoholics often date and marry alcoholics.  So while I think Maddie needs a massive dose of reality, I don't want to see her spirit crushed and her love for music destroyed.  I'm hoping the storyline doesn't go on much longer.  Maddie already looked empty if not desolate while playing for the record companies.  I'm tolerating the SL, but I wish they had made Cash a little older and more successful prior to meeting Maddie.  I just don't buy how Cash can orchestrate Maddie's career.

I was glad that Deacon didn't take that drink, but I'm irritated that he hinges his sobriety on Rayna and Maddie.  First of all, he stayed sober for years, even when he stood by watching the woman he loved move on with another man.  But also, it's just not fair to Rayna and Maddie because it's a bit of emotional blackmail.  And sure Deacon's going through a rough patch, but his whining and walking out of AA showed that he's completely unaware that he's bringing a lot of this on himself.  Do the writers of this show really mean to imply that Deacon was better off before he discovered Maddie was his daughter, and before he reunited with Rayna?  Because that's not a love story for the ages.  That's not the story of soul mates with a happy ending. 

• Love 5

Yeah, while she was performing I thought the show was going to go with Maddie crashing and burning at her showcase and not having anyone wanting to sign her, it was so terrible.  

She was so bad that I'm now sure the actual talent is her little sister.  Rayna was doing Maddie a favor by insisting on duets with Daphne.

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm so glad to see Luke supporting Will and dumping his manager. Instead of a manager that gives him dire predictions about the end of his career and suggesting he cut and run, Luke needs a manager that will help him stratigize better and say, "okay, this is what you want, let's figure out a way to shut these bigots down". That scene where he fired his manager was perfect.

Finally we get to see a scene with Juliette trying to talk some sense into Maddie, too bad it's just a little too late. I did think her sending Glenn to the showcase was a stroke of genius. Glenn seems like the perfect manager for a young artist just starting out and could give great advice. Too bad Cash had her claws so deep into Maddie that his good advice went unheard. I cracked up at the hate looks Cash kept giving him. I think she definitely sees herself as Maddie's manager and didn't like Glenn saying Maddie didn't have a manager.

I don't think Cash and Frankie have any grand, overarching conspiracy to ruin Deacon and Rayna. I think Cash saw a promising young star she could grab onto for her own advancement and gain (and, perhaps, a little vicarious living). Frankie is jealous that Deacon is popular, took over his failing bar and made it successful where he couldn't and is generally outshining him. He's also supporting his daughter.

I loved that Glenn called out Layla on the photos. Of course he saw that set up a mile away, he's been Juliette's manager since the beginning for pete's sake! I'm sure he's seen Juliette pull every trick in the book and create a few new ones. There's nothing Layla can do that he hasn't seen before. Layla really is a watered-down Juliette.

Regarding Layla and Will's history, I don't see Layla as being any kind of victim there. She was using Will as much (if not more) than he was using her. She saw he was a rising start with a career getting off the ground and she just wanted to hitch her wagon to him to get her own career going. Isn't that how their relationship started, as a publicity thing? I seem to recall that the reality show was her idea. They may have cared about each other (just because he's gay doesn't mean Will couldn't care for her) but they were definitely using each other.

ETA:

"I was glad that Deacon didn't take that drink, but I'm irritated that he hinges his sobriety on Rayna and Maddie. First of all, he stayed sober for years, even when he stood by watching the woman he loved move on with another man. But also, it's just not fair to Rayna and Maddie because it's a bit of emotional blackmail. And sure Deacon's going through a rough patch, but his whining and walking out of AA showed that he's completely unaware that he's bringing a lot of this on himself. Do the writers of this show really mean to imply that Deacon was better off before he discovered Maddie was his daughter, and before he reunited with Rayna? Because that's not a love story for the ages. That's not the story of soul mates with a happy ending."

This. All this. I was wondering how Deacon managed to stay sober for 15 years before the show started if every time things don't go his way he goes into a pity party spiral and heads for the bottle. What, he had 15 years of perfect happiness before he hooked up with Rayna again and tried parent Maddie? Maybe that's telling him something.

Edited by Absurda
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

She was so bad that I'm now sure the actual talent is her little sister.  Rayna was doing Maddie a favor by insisting on duets with Daphne.

I'm hoping the point is that Maddie's heart isn't in it.  Lennon always glows when she performs, so it must be a deliberate decision to perform that way in this episode.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, anonymiss said:

Layla drumming up attention by calling the paps on her real bf is hardly a cardinal sin compared to...say, manipulating a naive lovestruck girl to be your beard and continue the rouse on a network reality show. Layla was an innocent victim of her husband who was supposed to love her, like how Juliette was with her mother. Both had their hearts broken and betrayed by them because they were--yes--kind and loving to them.

Again, can you tell me one single instance of Layla being kind to anyone? I'm sorry, but smiling, being in love and sleeping with someone doesn't constitute being "kind." I'm talking about a kind act. As in, something you do for another person's benefit and not your own.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, AnnaRose said:

Yeah, while she was performing I thought the show was going to go with Maddie crashing and burning at her showcase and not having anyone wanting to sign her, it was so terrible.   I was shocked and disappointed that they played it that various labels loved her and wanted her.   I thought she sucked.  Hard.

It's interesting that Maddie emancipated but isn't above using her mother's last name as a performer (Cash's idea, I know). But wouldn't Maddie, as she's written, want to create maximum distance? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, anonymiss said:

he same thing happened with their subsequent relationships--Layla with Jeff and Juliette with that psychotic manager.

Also, how many times has Juliette been duplicitous for attention or getting her way?Her schemes are her trademark. Even when she's matured she'll always be flawed but with a huge heart and that's what makes her interesting and likeable to me. (Scarlett, by contrast, is a self-righteous Pollyanna who I find insufferable most of the time.)

You can be kind by not being cruel to people, by being respectful. You know, unlike Juliette's overfloweth hitlist. She was kind in not outing her husband; she just silently suffered and internalized the pain to the point of wanting to take her life. She's been "layed" on the entire course of her character development and is only now acting out selfishly. This is still the nascent stages. There's nothing to believe she still isn't a decent, but flawed person, like every other character who has messed up and then been written to redeem themselves. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, evilmindatwork said:

It's interesting that Maddie emancipated but isn't above using her mother's last name as a performer (Cash's idea, I know). But wouldn't Maddie, as she's written, want to create maximum distance? 

Sure but using Jaymes instead of Conrad is sure to get more attention. In theory it's not bad advice. Too bad  Cash is a succubus and all her other advice is terrible and I'm pretty sure trin ruin Maddie for whatever reason.

• Love 2

I started liking Luke after he sang "If I Drink This Beer". He's turned into a watchable character for me, which is saying a lot compared to what it was like before.

I really like Juliette/ Hayden. With all the horrible storylines they've thrown at her, Hayden's proven that she can act her heart out. I've loved that girl since Remember the Titans.

What are they doing with Scarlet and Gunner? It's just exhausting dealing with them. You know the writers want them to be together, but they've pretty much thrown every lame scenario possible at them... and now it's beyond pathetic to watch. I don't want them together, I don't want them apart, I don't want them on my screen.. except if they're singing. That's all.

Layla is miserable and Avery sorta deserves what's coming since he (and Juliette for that matter) shouldn't be in a relationship with anyone. I mean, it is possible to go 5 minutes without being in someone's face. 

I'm tired of dealing with Maddie.. I'm beyond tired of dealing with Deacon.. I'm just tired, y'all.

• Love 9

God. Maddie is SUCH an idiot. Juliette emancipated herself because her mother was a serious drug addict and it's been heavily implied that she was neglected  or worse (by her mom) and abused (by her mom's skeevey "boyfriends"). Maddie's biggest problem is that Rayna gave her a recording contract with her little sister and that her bio-dad once yanked her underage ass off stage at a bar. That girl needs to give her head a shake. She also needs to get her comeuppance and SOON. 

But at least this horrible storyline has given us Tandy back for a bit. Love me some Tandy! (No, seriously. I get why she's not on the show as a regular anymore, but I love when she pops back up.)

Can they please let Will be involved with more of the other characters? He had like 30 seconds of screen time with with Avery and Cadence and it was legit one of the best parts of the show, yet they keep isolating him. You have Chris Carmack and he's been wonderful since day one - USE HIM!

Other than that, I have no idea why Nashville isn't just about Juliette Barnes (minus whatshisface - the dancer dude). Hayden Panettiere is so engaging and yet I have to watch Alicia Dewitt smarm her way through scenes and suffer through this horrible, horrible Layla/Avery crap. I think there used to be a place for Layla on the show, but right now she's just grating. 

Also...what are chocolate chip eggs? Are those...are those a thing? Gross. (Maybe that's the equivalent of what Layla is. Chocolate chip eggs. I don't know where I was going with that analogy, but I still think it works.)

• Love 5

Addiction is an extremely complex issue, it is different for everyone, of course. 

Deacon, right now, is overwhelmed, so, temptation, isn't unrealistic. 

I think, for, Deacon, too, becoming a Husband and full time Father, in middle age, after lifelong bachlorhood, was going to be an adjustment, no matter how much he had always wanted and dreamed of it. 

I wish the show had gone with showing him finding his footing, in his new family; he and Rayna, navigating that together, instead of the wild, over the top, Maddie drama!  

I'll miss the show, warts and all.  

• Love 3

The funny thing about Will's storyline is that he is LIVING a country song and cannot see the forest for the trees enough to write it and perform it in a way that will be both cathartic and genuine. (Yes, the writers want us to believe that there are no audiences that will accept him, but reality says that that is not the case.) With Kesha appearing I was wondering if Cash could use her old "$" and call herself Ca$h from now on? Maddie is horrible and I don't care how much she reminds Rayna and her sister of Rayna as a teen. Is Rayna subconsciously making fattening foods for Daphne so that she will never leave in the same way?

Deacon is lucky he never went to the AA group I got sober at. They would never have  put up with that whining.

Spoiler

Which makes me wonder: if Elton John is on next week, whose storyline is he inserted into? As a recovering alcoholic who happens to be gay and whose success is based upon a longtime collaberation with whom he has a platonic relationship, he could fit into almost any of the ongoing stories. I just hope that if he performs they go back into his early country-flavored catalog! He was amazing back then and could away any of the cast (no offense to them, but he was THAT good!)

• Love 5

NOOOOO! They've cancelled Nashville!

I said, it is kind of a guilty pleasure. Although this season was sufferable at most, they don't have time to wrap things up... so are we going to end like this???

THE GOODS

Well, after that... this episode. Loved Juliette as usual, Hayden is amazing, drama or comedy, she delivers. I think she and Avery as well should take a break from love relations, but as it is not happening, at least I dont hate Noah, he was kind, sweet and what a 6pack! They could have something nice, a fresh and no strings attached. Julles was feeling unattractive, alone, ugly maybe... I don't blame her for inviting him for her room. 

JJ is great! I adore him! That is why even though all the back painful story,I'd want Avery and Julliette together, they're my babies! Together with Cadence, they are the wonder family! Too cute!

THE SAME

Will... please, give him a break! At least he got to tell his father what he thought, he didn't let him punish his son for some old lie and prejudice. Now, move on, guys, some good music and good luck for Will and Luke (who is being so nice, so wonderful, I want him sooo happy in the end).

THE REALLY BAD

Maddie... WTF was that horrible performance? Never again! Please, NY must take you and never return to Nashville. Glenn was wonderful, Cash the same crazy, jealous, reasonless person. Maddie the epithome of what is not a mature teen. Rayna is a mother... sure... but she has 2 kids, for al ot of episodes they seem to forget that, yes she needs to worry about Maddie, but Daphne needs her. I hope Daphne becomes a superstar. 

Gunnar and Scarlet... we don't have time, do you hear me? The show's been cancelled, so just get an understanding as the exes, to make good music and be friends, stop the madness and childish relationship!

Kesha... was that really necessary? Not at all, pointless.

• Love 2
(edited)

I am actually looking forward to seeing the Maddie story play out.  Mostly because I assume Maddie is going to realize she made a huge mistake throwing her own family away.  

I'm not looking forward to part eleventy million of Deacon's Downward Spiral, so I hope he stays sober.  At the end of this, I will be disappointed if he's just like "it's ok, Maddie!  Cash manipulated you and nothing is your fault!"  What she did to him in that courtroom was fucking cold, man.  It's like she doesn't love him at all.  She's old enough to realize that using his past against him and claiming to be afraid of him would absolutely gut her parents.      

I hope Daphne takes her sweet time forgiving Maddie, too.   I had to roll my eyes at Tandy's little speech to Daphne -- sorry, no, I don't think Maddie's situation is at all like what young Rayna went through with Lamar.  Lamar didn't want Rayna singing at all because of his weird issues with her dead mother.  (Also, Lamar was just a weird dude all around).  All Rayna and Deacon wanted was for Maddie to take a more slow and age-appropriate approach to her career.      

ETA:  Cancelled??!!!!   It was just getting interesting again!

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 4

Is it bad that I'm happy it's cancelled!?! This season has been dragging with the most boring storylines ever. Don't get me wrong, I love my soapy Nashville, but it's been a painful season. It really lacked the energy of the previous seasons. The last couple of episodes have been too acting heavy, not enough songs. The suffered without Hayden while she dealt with real life issues. I hope that they keep emancipated Maddie away from Rayna or have someone finally call her out on her crap big time. I'd love happy endings for most of the characters except for Frankie, Cash, Maddie, and Layla.  

• Love 2

I'm actually a little sad it's cancelled. This season has been something for sure. Lol. Poor Will. He really can't catch a break. He needs to throw himself into his music now that Luke is fully invested. Yay to firing Ken. He was Negative Nancy every time about Will. 

Happy to see Derek Hough back as Noah. Juliette needed a pick me up and I say why not? Also glad to see they finally had her talk to Maddie. Their situations were completely different and I wish that could have been further explained. Nice of her to send Glenn too even though Maddie of course didn't take his advice. 

Of course Layla called the paparazzi. She was way too casual about it with Avery. I have a feeling Avery is going to see Layla's intentions a little too late. 

Way to hijack that woman's story Deacon and make it all about you. I believe a post earlier called his rant a "hissy fit" and that's exactly what it was. Rayna instead of telling Maddie vague insinuations about "the dirty part of the industry," why didn't you actually TELL and EXPLAIN what those were? Going around talking about it with everyone but Maddie may have contributed to this. Not that Maddie has any excuse for being horrible but all she ever got when asked was quotes about protecting her and what not. She never actually got any examples of what she was getting into. Feeling ignored, that's how Cash was able to sink her claws into her. 

Watching this show is so painful, with few bright spots. 

Lovely scene with Will and Cadence, so adorable.  I'm glad Will was able to say goodbye to his mom, and his dad took a baby step toward him.  And good on Luke for being a stand-up guy, and firing his manager. 

• Love 5

After everything that Avery has been through with Juliette, I would like him to be happy. He was right when he said that he doesn't need the drama in his life anymore. Unfortunately, he is now dating Layla, someone who is so desperate to give her career a boost that she's willing to exploit Avery and lie to him about it. He is just going to be hurt again, so hopefully he learns about her machinations sooner rather than later. He deserves to be with someone who is not willing to stoop to using him like that.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

He is just going to be hurt again, so hopefully he learns about her machinations sooner rather than later.

He's got ninety minutes left to do it.

• Love 1

I'm assuming they air the alternate ending, so he will reunite with Juliette at the very end. I don't think they even filmed an alternate ending to the S/G disaster, they'll probably just be left in limbo. I guess they'll scrap the Maddie cliffhanger.

10 hours ago, beeblebrox said:

Is it bad that I'm happy it's cancelled!?! This season has been dragging with the most boring storylines ever. Don't get me wrong, I love my soapy Nashville, but it's been a painful season. It really lacked the energy of the previous seasons. The last couple of episodes have been too acting heavy, not enough songs. The suffered without Hayden while she dealt with real life issues. I hope that they keep emancipated Maddie away from Rayna or have someone finally call her out on her crap big time. I'd love happy endings for most of the characters except for Frankie, Cash, Maddie, and Layla.  

Yeah, me too. I stared at the screen on Hulu - which is the way I watch tv without commercials now since i've cut the cord and expense of a DVR - wanting to want to watch it. But I just couldn't care enough anymore - it was a feeling similar to knowing you've fallen out of love with someone.

I think that friggin' Maddie killed this show, along with her whiney-ass natural father Deacon. I was such an advocate of Rayna and Deek's romance but jeez, as someone observed up-thread all the guy does is wallow in self-pity going way back to when Rayna got pregnant and was going to marry him. Typical     alchoholic behavior incidentally - my personal opinion is this is what fuels their need to and excuse for drinking.

If ever a show needed to be cancelled and put out of its misery it was this one. Hope you're satisfied, showkillers, you know who you are.

That poor kid that plays Maddie is saddled with knowing this and knowing that she's joined the ranks of one of the most disliked characters on TV.

• Love 3

Maddie sang the same song at that bar and it seemed a bit better. I think she was clearly uncomfortable and she can be seen in very small scenes disagreeing with Cash. Wanting more time to practice for the showcase, being really excited about Tupelo at first; trying to talk to her sister. 

Overall it is me or does the actress that plays Maddie have any range? It seems to me she sings the same song over and over again - soft, slow vocals. Can she do anything upbeat? Can she belt?

Also, I couldn't help but think of the real life inside the show consequences. I wonder if Daphne/Maisy is going through similar emotions seeing her sister become the breakout on the show; lots of solo singing etc.

(edited)
27 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

Maddie sang the same song at that bar and it seemed a bit better. I think she was clearly uncomfortable and she can be seen in very small scenes disagreeing with Cash. Wanting more time to practice for the showcase, being really excited about Tupelo at first; trying to talk to her sister. 

Overall it is me or does the actress that plays Maddie have any range? It seems to me she sings the same song over and over again - soft, slow vocals. Can she do anything upbeat? Can she belt?

Also, I couldn't help but think of the real life inside the show consequences. I wonder if Daphne/Maisy is going through similar emotions seeing her sister become the breakout on the show; lots of solo singing etc.

Sure she can. She sang Telescope with Hayden and she made her look like a rank amateur. That said, her range isn't fully developed yet. Her voice is yet to mature.

And:

35 minutes ago, grannygeek said:

That poor kid that plays Maddie is saddled with knowing this and knowing that she's joined the ranks of one of the most disliked characters on TV.

Yes. I could legitimately see that the disastrous way her character has been written this season could have negative consequences for future projects, at least short term.

Remember, though, this is a show that loves to abuse actors. This is a show that made a new mother suffering from P.P.D. act out a scene with her throwing a heavy object at her onscreen husband and newborn baby.

Edited by Telepath
My keyboard really sucks.
23 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I came here to comment on how unattractive I think Scarlett looks with short hair, but then I saw this, and now I feel like a jerk...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-14/australian-actress-clare-bowen-hair-for-young-cancer-sufferers/6940574

Nah, it's okay.  She has such a small frame, her hair now just seems like a shorter version of her former overwhelming mop.  There must be some way to highlight those big doe eyes and prominent cheekbones.  Something sleek?  I think she could have sent a few more snips.

18 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm hoping the storyline doesn't go on much longer. 

Hey, good news.

15 hours ago, Ohgeez said:

I want Deacon to open a bar right across the street from Frankie's and put him out of business

The Frankie & Ca$h versus The Beverly II.  We'll never know.  : (

• Love 4

Okay, since the show is cancelled, part of me thinks this is what someone wanted all along.  (There is soap opera  and then there are total cl*sterf*cks where none of the characters are redeemable.   Man alive.)  How will they wrap this up?  S/G will be together but continue like Rayna and Deacon, the early years, without the drinking.  Will will finally get to perform and get several grammy's.  (That man needs a summer party song to launch his career.  No more of the ambiguous relationship songs.  Give him something happy and fun.).   Layla will continue to have a modicum of success but will end up hosting a song writers night at the Holiday Inn.  Avery will recognize that Layla is just a little crazy, but she will still call him to check the monitors at her songwriters night.  And he will be successful as a producer.  Juliette and Avery will get back together of course and they will have two more kids.  And Juliette will be a better mother than she ever thought she could be.

Teddy will get out of prison and take Daphne because Rayna is off the rails.  In some ways an ex-con looks like a better parenting choice than Rayna and her self centered/Maddie centered life.  Maddie will hit the skids and will run into the Homeless Musician Girl.  And at this point, Maddie will be over 21 so she can bar back at Layla's songwriters night.  And of course, Rayna and Deacon will weather thru all of this drama.  Because of love, soul mate, blah, blah, blah.

All in fun.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, candall said:

Nah, it's okay.  She has such a small frame, her hair now just seems like a shorter version of her former overwhelming mop.  There must be some way to highlight those big doe eyes and prominent cheekbones.  Something sleek?  I think she could have sent a few more snips.

I think super short hair works better with delicate features, but I was surprised by how unflattering her new 'do is.  Maybe part of the issue is the color.  It doesn't have to be platinum blonde like before, but maybe some warm red highlights or something.  Of course I tend to think everybody looks better with some red. ;-)

• Love 2