Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E11: That's Money, Honey

• Start Topic

That was the greatest ending in quite some time.  I know I'm in the minority but I absolutely can't stand Burnie.  His constant need to grab Ashley and kiss her at every single opportunity is beyond grating.  I was hollering and pounding my chair when Sheri and Cole beat them to the mat.

I still think this season was pretty much terrible.  I love Sheri though, she has made the whole ordeal worth it.  Cole has improved in recent weeks.  Can't stand anyone else left in the race.  Looks like a boring, predictable finale but we'll see.

• Love 3
(edited)

PS: What a good coincidence for producers that Tyler managed to stay all way (since hes the most popular youtuber, the one that will probably get more of new/ young audience to watch the show). Hm...

Edited by Guiaoshi
  • Love 3

I know it's allowed, but I just can't stand when teams work together.  I want the best teams to get to the final, not the teams left over after everyone works together to eliminate the strongest teams.  Tyler, Corey, Matt, and Dana weren't cheering when S/C reached the mat because they like them, it's because they know they're a weak team who can be easily beaten. 

And while I was sad that Burnie and Ashley were eliminated, they took part in working with the other teams to eliminate Broooooooodie.  I'm sure it was a shock when Tyler and Corey turned that group tactic on them.  

• Love 10

Based on the spoiler list, I knew Burnie and Ashley would be eliminated, but it still sucked to watch it unfold. They have been my favorite team for weeks now. I used to like Tyler and Korey more in the beginning, but I am pretty over them (or at least Tyler) by this point. But since I absolutely, positively don't want Dana/Matt or Sheri/Cole to win, I will root for them in the finale. 

• Love 2

I'm surprised at how the finalists this year mimic the finalists from last year....

1. Justin/Diana = Tyler/Korey 

2. Chris/Logan = Dana/Matt

3. Sherri/Cole = The reporters

Amazing comeback for Sherri and Cole....I really like Burnie and Ashley, but its great to see such a comeback story.

5 hours ago, Christina said:

Tyler pouts if he gets any feedback that isn't 100% supportive, and Cole is constantly tweeting things like, "if you want to be with me, love God first." which I find eyerolling. I'm obviously not their target market, though. 

I feel like god himself might roll his eyes at that.

Cole seemed much better this episode, but come on man.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, double-elvis said:

Yes, I was just coming here to post about this! My jaw dropped when Dana said that Burnie was full of "useless knowledge" for knowing all the landmarks. I was so hoping he and Ashley would pull out third place just for that comment alone. Urgh, Sheri and Cole FTW...l guess. 

I don't think I'm super duper smart, and the only one I didn't get just from hearing the clue was the one about the fish/lion.  And they had a map too?  I normally think people are a little too tough on teams by expecting them to know everything....but by all accounts with a map AND pretty obvious clues to pretty well known monuments even I was disappointed. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I wonder if Burnie & Ashley knew they could still fall off the skooters and still complete the roadblock? When Sheri & Cole kept falling off I thought for sure they would have to start over but they didn't. Maybe, the producers were worried about the rain and said they were close enough? It seems a little fishy to me.

I suspected there would be a lot of leeway for that task because those unicycles look incredibly difficult.  

I generally think they try to make the tasks at least somewhat congruent....but if they made the racers restart if they fell down that task would have taken 15 hours.  Burnie is so strategic and smart (and I mean that honestly) that I thought he would have figured that out.

The painting task wasn't really that time consuming.....teams were going to get it on the second try for sure....so the unicycle task would have to be easier or else even a team with perfect balance would be there forever.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RCharter said:

I suspected there would be a lot of leeway for that task because those unicycles look incredibly difficult.  

I generally think they try to make the tasks at least somewhat congruent....but if they made the racers restart if they fell down that task would have taken 15 hours.  Burnie is so strategic and smart (and I mean that honestly) that I thought he would have figured that out.

The painting task wasn't really that time consuming.....teams were going to get it on the second try for sure....so the unicycle task would have to be easier or else even a team with perfect balance would be there forever.

I was surprised that they were so wobbly on the unicyles. For a minute a year and a half ago they were popular in SF and it took about two or three minutes to be incredibly stable. I was sort of surprised that they hadn't made it to Austin because it's the sort of thing that at leasr someone at Rooster Teeth would probably be an early adaptor of.

4 hours ago, Brookside said:

It's tragic to me that racers don't know what a minaret is.

I find it hard to believe that nobody knew the Taj Mahal was a mausoleum.  

• Love 12

Well, I officially don't care who wins next week because I don't like any of the three remaining teams.

What happened to Dana this week? She was totally civil while working with Tyler.

the only one I didn't get just from hearing the clue was the one about the fish/lion.  And they had a map too?  I normally think people are a little too tough on teams by expecting them to know everything....but by all accounts with a map AND pretty obvious clues to pretty well known monuments even I was disappointed. 

Even worse is that when Sheri asked someone if they knew where the fish/lion thing was, the girl who helped her then showed her where it was on the map and we got to see that there was a picture of the fish/lion thing ON THE MAP. I do give Sheri credit for doing that whole thing by herself. Even though she and Cole arrived last, she just hustled. I'm not sure exactly how long it took her to complete the task, but it didn't seem like she and Cole left much later than Matt/Dana and Tyler/Korey.

• Love 7

I loved Cole's mortification that Sheri got the hang of the uniwheel faster than he did. Sheri's the cool mom!

I have to say that park did look like it would be fun to walk around for a couple of hours.  I do wish the clues had been harder, though.

• Love 9

I don't like any of the remaining teams, so it's a question of who I dislike the least for the win. I guess I'll have to go with Sheri/Cole, but I really hope he steps up to the plate more. Mom has been doing most of the heavy lifting for that team.

• Love 3

Slightly bummed by the end, but can't say it wasn't just.  It was too late in the race with few teams left to Bald Snark, and Burnie & Ashley found that out the hard way.  Makes the finale less interesting.  Will still watch, but can't see anyone beating Tyler & Korey in a memory/puzzle/building challenge.

• Love 3

I loved the other 2 teams excitement and happiness that it was Cole and Sherri. I've never seen teams so excited for it not to be another team.

Burnie calling people jackasses for working together deserved it.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Neeners said:

I think it's very unlikely that Tyler and Korey won't win. Unfortunately.

Most likely, but I'd love to see them lose the only leg that matters.  After all of Tyler's scheming to eliminate stronger teams it would be a big ol' dose of karma to see them lose to Cole and Sherri, the team that should have gone home weeks ago.  And preferably lose due to some mistake on Tyler's part.  (Sorry, Kory, you seem like an ok guy but your partner is a jerk.)

Allowing the unicycle riders to fall off an unlimited number of times made the whole task pointless.  They should have been told they could only fall off X number of times over the distance.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Guiaoshi said:

Liking them or not, Tyler and Kory are the best team this season.

I do like them.  They stayed positive, worked well together and defied

expectations. I think Tyler is funny and have enjoyed him all season.

• Love 14

I seem to find myself in the minority, but I still think this is the strongest season in years. I also don't care who wins, because I actually like all the teams. The only win that that would bum me out the tiniest bit would be the dancers, but Dana's been getting a clear villain edit (even though they had preciously little actual villainous material, Dana's meltdown in Dubai aside) so they won't be it.

I thought this episode was exciting and entertaining from start to finish, like most of the back-half of the season. I liked T&C scheming, they are clearly race-smart and competent. I could empathize with Burnie's frustration, but that's the game and he knew it. S&C on the unicycles was a hoot. A footrace for first and a footrace for last, what more could you want? I felt actual elation when the red team showed up to the mat, because we've been conditioned to expect editing shenanigans in situations like this and it looked like they were hopeless.

Tyler and Corey seem to be the strongest team left, but for once I don't think the final winner is a foregone conclusion. Really looking forward to the finale!

• Love 14

BS to be able to fall off the unicycles every five feet yet still complete the challenge. If I cared about Burnie and Ashley, I'd be outraged, but at one point there was a close-up of Ashley and I thought, "who is that?" so I don't care.

Phil has made a lot of strange clothing choices over the years, so it's only fair to mention how good he looked last night. He should always wear a dark blazer and normal pants.

• Love 1

I'm okay with this finale. I would have taken out the dancers, because I hate watching her rip him apart every leg, but otherwise no one really bugs me. Tyler and Korey aren't really that much more over the top than other teams we've had, Cole and Sherri make me laugh - they know they suck, but they don't get down on themselves. I teared up watching them realize they were 3rd. I wanted to not like him in the beginning, but he's so...I don't know. 

Burnie was kind of dead to me after he wanted to tell teams they were taking a different flight, and then getting pissed when Tyler wouldn't tell him something. It's all fun and games until it's done to him, I guess. 

• Love 8

I'm also in the minority here, but I think it was smart for Tyler to work together with Dana.  Burnie has been breathing down his neck this entire race and even though I loved Burnie and Ashley, still...when you have a chance to take out your strongest competitor, especially this late in the race -- DO IT!

I don't care for Dana, but Matt doesn't bother me.  Because of Dana alone, I hope they come in last.  I don't mind who wins between Tyler and Korey and Sheri and Cole.  I love both teams and I know I'm in the minority here too. 

Still, Tyler and Korey will do just fine, financially and celebrity-wise, even if they don't win the race, and so a part of me hopes that Sheri and Cole can pull it off.  "The Little Engine That Could."  What an upset that would be!!!

• Love 7

but why did they have to go all evil just because Burnie told everyone he'd found a clue?

Evil? Really? How were Tyler and Korey evil? By not sharing Roadblock info with Burnie? Wasn't it Burnie himself who suggested maybe they should lie to the other teams and say they got a different flight? Even if he was joking, Burnie was in on the whole U-Turn scheme against Kurt and Brodie the previous week. I think we actually saw a little more of Burnie's true colors this week.

I've liked Tyler and Korey from leg 1 and will be thrilled if they win. They never fight, they work well together, they get the job done and they seem to be having a blast. 

I'm still not overly thrilled with Cole but I think Sheri has had a really interesting journey and it's amazing how much more self-confident she's gotten since the start of the race. I wouldn't mind if she won either.

What happened to Dana this week? She was totally civil while working with Tyler.

Not to give Dana any credit but maybe it really is Matt that makes her so insane. Like when they were in the taxi and he was telling her to tell the driver something - why can't he just tell the driver? They're both sitting right there. 

Only problem is, if he drives her this crazy, maybe she should break up with him. Just saying.

• Love 11

I had no idea that I cared about Cole and Sheri until I was surprisingly so happy to see them turn that corner. They snuck up on me.

Still rooting for Tyler and Korey.

• Love 6
(edited)

According to RFF chief Georgia Peach, Shenzhen was a last minute change for the penultimate leg due to replace with another city somewhere. Due to its approximate location of nearby Hong Kong/Macau (the last season's penultimate leg), the city started around at least 30,000 inhabitants 35 years ago and grew rapidly into 10 million inhabitants.

The language barriers are more difficult to communicate and understand English.

Edited by ApprenticeFan
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Guiaoshi said:

That was the problem with them this leg, they lost their cool and compose  (actually Burnie did). He let the competition/frustation get the best of him. Like, yes, it sucks for you that the first two teams are doing a task together, but you shouldnt let it get to you that much (specially when you try to join them at one point or after you start the leg talking about play the game as you can). Its seems like he got so much with ´´we need to be number 1`` that he didnt consider until the last minute that he and Ashley were fighting for last.

I don't think frustration had anything to do with them losing.  Burnie finished that frustrating leg ahead of the other three teams.  They were done in by a bit of bad luck in that they picked one task while the next two teams picked a different one, which turned out to be the easier one.  If they had picked the painting task and been bunched up with T/K and D/M, then they would have stayed ahead of Sheri and Cole to the end.  Switching tasks seemed like the common sense move, especially since Sheri and Cole picked the unicycles too.  But they got upset by the underdogs because of Cole's dogged determination to stick with that task to the end.  I also think the logistics killed them.  There was a fair amount of public transportation time between the tasks, and when they finished the painting task it said they were still in third place, so Sheri and Cole were still doing the unicycles.  Sheri and Cole clearly overtook them on the commute to the pit stop, not the task completion.  There was huge traffic that day, and I get the feeling that the route to the pit stop from the painting task was worse than the trip from the unicycles.

• Love 3

While I can't stand godbotherers on reality TV game shows, Cole's kept it offscreen (with the help of the Amazing Editors), and I gotta admit Sherri has impressed me with her growth and willingness to go for it, no matter what challenges are thrown her way.  Unfortunately, that's tempered by the way she babies Cole and enables his grating immaturity.  But their underdog triumph last night was really fun to watch and a testament to their persistence.

Meanwhile, Burnie's slow-motion meltdown took his team out.  Between dithering between detours and wasting way too much energy on being self-righeously angry at other teams (whose only crime was trying to win the game), he got what he deserved. 

I've enjoyed Tyler & Korey this whole season.  I always like racers who race smart, have a good time, and treat each other well.  Tyler talks too much to the camera?  Again, that's the editors' and producers' decision, not his.  Everyone gets interviewed.

That downpour really helped us see past the editing tricks and figure out where each team was in relation to each other, time wise.  It looked like during the worst of the downpour, when S&C were still learning the gyrohoveruni-things, T&K were already on the way to the pit stop.  The rain had mostly let up by the time T&K got to the pit stop, and let up further as they talked to Phil.  Meanwhile, the rain was slackening on S&C while they were on their way to the pit stop.  In contrast, the rain was just letting up as B&A were leaving the detour, which made it pretty clear they really were in last place.

If Sherri could win without Cole, I'd root for her.  As it is, T&K are almost certainly going to win, which is fine by me.  But as this episode showed, you never know....

• Love 6

Tyler and Korey are just fine as far as I'm concerned. They've done tasks well, they usually function well as a team, and they're smart about strategy without being obsessed with it. I don't have any problem with how someone laughs, we all laugh differently and learn to live with different styles.

• Love 11
(edited)
11 hours ago, Brookside said:

It's tragic to me that racers don't know what a minaret is.  Way to represent the US guys. 

Tragic?  I didn't know what it was.  Why would it be important to know that as a representative of the US?

I'm rooting for the dancers.

Edited by Lemons
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Lemons said:

Tragic?  I didn't know what it was.  Why would it be important to know that as a representative of the US?

I'm rooting for the dancers.

Just to me a sad indictment of the state of US education.

• Love 6

I thought this episode was quite entertaining. I was disappointed in Tyler and Korey's trickery, but I understand that it's a game, so I don't hold it against them too much. I just feel like you can win without being deceitful. 

Cole and Sheri grew on me throughout the season. Cole's goofy as hell, but he seems like a good guy. Sheri is just enjoyable to watch flourish and continue to push through and keep up with her son. I surprised myself by cheering when they ran around the corner. 

The other disappointment for me is that Dana and Matt made it. I don't like watching Dana berate Matt and act all self-righteous.

• Love 2

Well first I don't hate anyone, too many annoying people on other reality shows for me to hate anyone here. to each his own,. 

second did it occur to anyone that if Burn and ashley did not burn the second U turn and the frisbee guys were still in the race, that they would have had Brodie doing the monument thing and he would have had a melt down and most likely come in last nomatter how much skill they had at any other task, Brodie would have been wandering int he dark trying to figure out the clues. 

• Love 7

At one point during the roadblock, did Burnie take something, "to make it harder for the other teams"?  I thought that might come into play, but since they were last, maybe it didn't.  Or maybe he thought better of that and put whatever it was back?   I didn't DVR this, so I can't go back and check. 

• Love 2

I didn't get why Tyler and Korey bothered hiding the fact that they already had their clue from Sheri and Cole, nor did I understand why Burnie was so put off by the fact that they lied about it. I think it was a pointless lie to tell, but if it was going to hurt anyone, it was Sheri and Cole (I guess the idea was to suggest that they go look somewhere far away from the clue box?), not Burnie and Ashley.

Tyler and Korey aren't my favorite team, but I have trouble faulting them for recognizing who their competition is and working to eliminate them. They did it with the U-Turn last week, which was effective in getting Kurt and Brodie out, and they did it this week in working with Dana on the Road Block to ensure that they both finished as quickly as possible and to stop Burnie from being able to get too big a lead. That's smart racing and because of it, I think the finale is theirs to lose.

I wouldn't mind a season that was just a straight race—no U-Turns and where the racers were explicitly forbidden to work together—but since that's not this season, and I can't fault teams for using the tools the race provides to get an advantage over one another. And anyway, it's not like Burnie and Ashley didn't make mistakes of their own that contributed to their elimination by choosing what seemed to be the harder detour initially and waiting too long before switching.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, molshoop said:

I think Tyler is funny...

I think Tyler thinks Tyler is funny too!

7 hours ago, In Pog Form said:

Is it possible to go 30 seconds without him telling us what's happening?

Don't seem so.

1 hour ago, Peanut said:

At one point during the roadblock, did Burnie take something, "to make it harder for the other teams"?

It's when they had to take a sticker from a box and put it in their "passport".  Others stuck in the sticker and put the peeled-off backing paper back in the box.  Burnie saw them and deduced how many people had been to the box before him.  He took his backing-paper with him, so as not to leave such a clue for whoever came next.  Not a big thing, but I am in favour of racers taking any/all steps to make the race less easy for other racers.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, molshoop said:

I do like them.  They stayed positive, worked well together and defied

expectations. I think Tyler is funny and have enjoyed him all season.

ITA. As I've said, my only criteria in liking TAR teams is that they get along, work hard on the tasks, aren't rude to the locals and just genuinely have fun and enjoy the experience. So by that token, Tyler and Korey have never bugged me and judging by all the times they've trended on Twitter during the season, I'd say they have plenty of people rooting for them. I am shocked Burnie and Ashley were eliminated because I definitely thought the editing was setting them up as the dark horse but oh well.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I know it's allowed, but I just can't stand when teams work together.  I want the best teams to get to the final, not the teams left over after everyone works together to eliminate the strongest teams.  

I think the outcome would have been very different if those two hadn't worked together to solve those clues !

I think Tyler and corey were very very bitchy this episode - there was no need for the snide remarks from them or the dancers. I skipped their mat finish as they are just dull and annoy me.

Since Bernie and Ashley are out i am really routing for Sherri and Cole as they have become quite likeable and are the least offensive. They play the game well. The others can go do one as i really don't like them !

• Love 6
11 hours ago, fishcakes said:

If I cared about Burnie and Ashley, I'd be outraged, but at one point there was a close-up of Ashley and I thought, "who is that?" so I don't care.

Agree completely. If they put her in a lineup with two other women of similar physically appearance I don't know that I could pick her out. 

2 minutes ago, AndreaK1041 said:

Agree completely. If they put her in a lineup with two other women of similar physical appearance I don't know that I could pick her out. 

(edited)

Wow... well that was certainly an interesting leg....

- cool that it was China but a bit surprised none of the tasks were really Chinese culture related. Though I can see that the motorized unicycle is a part of their daily lives by now.  No matter I liked the roadblock and the commute part of the detour.  The art half I probably would not have done that well with- terrible with depth perception and aligning things...

- Love Sheri and Cole definitely grew on me.  I think Cole was both mortified and proud that his momma actually did better than him on the unicycle lol.  "I've done skateboarding etc...."- cut to Sherri zipping around- though slowly.  I do wonder if the rain played a factor into how much leeway they got but Sheri was doing pretty well.

-Of two minds about Tyler and Dana helping each other.  This late in the race I hate how people help each other but I also can see the reasoning why (Flashback to Nicole and Amy helping each other but I'm on the fence if they meant to try to oust Marie....).

- I like Tyler and Korey (yes I know I am in the teeny tiny minority here but I don't caaaare).  I will say it until I'm dead-- all we see is 40-50 minutes a week (sometimes 75 on those 90 minute episodes) of the racers out of reams of footage over a 30 day        period.  Same thing with Matt and Dana though I like her less anyway.

So finale... Tyler/Korey or Sheri/Cole are my two picks.  Dana can be a distant third.  That said it will probably be Dana and Matt since my pick won last season...

Oh.. I had  no idea what a minaret is either... and I'm sure a lot of Americans don't know either.   My education in high school was just fine- one of the better private schools in the area and I consider myself knowledgeable (and love reading- when my vision lets me).

Edited by Ducky
one more thought
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, fishcakes said:

BS to be able to fall off the unicycles every five feet yet still complete the challenge. If I cared about Burnie and Ashley, I'd be outraged, but at one point there was a close-up of Ashley and I thought, "who is that?" so I don't care.

I tend to watch in a distracted manner, but I will admit I looked at Ashley about a month ago and thought, who the hell is that?  But then I realized she looks exactly like a favorite actor of mine.  http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=connie+britton&view=detailv2&id=2240E714738DB5D973D41BCC1C41D3AD775A5F16&ccid=2%2BWH3iLe&simid=608021354095707699&thid=OIP.Mdbe587de22de3d10ca1c817466a2c198H2&mode=overlay&first=1

11 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Not to give Dana any credit but maybe it really is Matt that makes her so insane. Like when they were in the taxi and he was telling her to tell the driver something - why can't he just tell the driver? They're both sitting right there. 

Only problem is, if he drives her this crazy, maybe she should break up with him. Just saying.

I'm beginning to see this, too.  He's a bit of a dunce.  I loved this particular exchange:

Matt:  "I mean it doesn't say that they all have to be flush necessarily."

Dana:  "Yes it does.  That's exactly what is says actually.  And just use your head - everything has to fit."

Matt:  "Yeah ..... I think there's just gaps ....."

8 hours ago, Brookside said:

The American educational system is sadly lacking in many ways.  But I could make a list of about a million things of importance (including our lagging behind the rest of the world in math and science, for instance), before knowing about an architectural detail.  Just my opinion.

• Love 4

I like Tyler and Korey too . For all the reasons already mentioned here . And for a the totally superficial reason that I find Korey really attractive . I know incompatible genitalia but still .

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Brookside said:

I know what a minaret is, but I can understand why and how some don't.   I've only heard of minarets in connection with mosques, and I imagine that the great majority of people aren't that familiar with mosques.  I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with the U.S. education system.

• Love 2

I know what a minaret is, but I can understand that others might not.  The problem is that they saw the letters "minaret" and said they didn't know where to find the "minuets".  They've failed reading in addition to vocabulary.

Sheri looked great on the unicycle!

• Love 2
(edited)

I think the outcome would have been very different if those two hadn't worked together to solve those clues !

I don't agree, only because what really did Burnie and Ashley in was their picking that ridiculous cycling challenge first and then switching, not being able to find the place to build the painting and later getting confused at the pitstop. Dana and Tyler helping each other at the first challenge didn't matter much because Burnie smoked them on his own. And I thought from what we saw, both Dana and Tyler were contributing to the clues, so I think they would have gotten them in good time even if they'd worked alone. Especially as they did have a few minutes head start, with getting there first. And YMMV but I don't see the big deal, with so few teams left, two teams who know they are ahead, helping each other so they can get done quicker and get to the pitstop. Teams have done that for many, many seasons. It's just smart IMO. 

I think Tyler and corey were very very bitchy this episode - there was no need for the snide remarks from them or the dancers. I skipped their mat finish as they are just dull and annoy me.

It's interesting how we all view things differently because I thought Burnie was being equally bitchy this episode, as well as whiny. And it was particularly irritating to me only because Burnie was the one just the previous leg who helped make sure Brodie and Kurt were booted by U-Turning Tyler and Korey. Also, he has worked with teams before, as well as ignore teams when ahead when they ask him about a clue or direction or something. And yet he seemed to almost be affronted that Dana and Tyler were daring to work together. That was ridiculous. 

Speaking of Tyler/Korey and Dana/Matt, someone mentioned that they were being fake when saying they'd always like them and that the only reason they worked together was to boot Burnie/Ashley, but actually there were some moments earlier in the season that showed that they did seem to get along. I especially remember the UN challenge where they had to identify the flags and Korey, when he figured out the image they were looking at was the map, shared it only with Matt. And I'm pretty sure Burnie, Cole and a few others were there at the time. So it's clear they have had some sort of friendship throughout the season. 

PS: What a good coincidence for producers that Tyler managed to stay all way (since hes the most popular youtuber, the one that will probably get more of new/ young audience to watch the show). Hm...

Or they were just really good racers...but I guess a conspiracy theory about the producers manipulating to keep them in works better. 

3. Sherri/Cole = The reporters

How so? The reporters were a consistently strong team, who had numerous second place finishes. Sherri and Cole have figuratively stumbled into the Final 3. Of course that's why it would be hilarious and awesome if they won. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

ITA. As I've said, my only criteria in liking TAR teams is that they get along, work hard on the tasks, aren't rude to the locals and just genuinely have fun and enjoy the experience. So by that token, Tyler and Korey have never bugged me and judging by all the times they've trended on Twitter during the season, I'd say they have plenty of people rooting for them. I am shocked Burnie and Ashley were eliminated because I definitely thought the editing was setting them up as the dark horse but oh well.

I've been reading the TAR FB page, and I get the impression that most people don't like Tyler on that site.  They have their fans, but given their popularity on social media I would have expected an avalanche of support....instead of feels more like a trickle of support in a sea of dislike.  And Tyler doesn't help by being defensive, dismissive and condescending.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with the U.S. education system.

It must.  Things that once were considered important and were taught in school, no longer seem to be considered of any use, and are no longer taught.  The educational system is at the heart of this.

I'm no more familiar with mosques than I am with Christian churces, but I not only know what a minaret is, I know the difference between a tower, a steeple, and a spire.  These things were taught to me in school, along with the fact that the Taj Mahal was a mausoleum.   It baffles me when I see people who don't know that the Taj Mahal is a mausoleum, and in my mind, I think, "How could you possibly not know that?"  And then someone says "Why should they know that?  They don't come from India!"  Well, I don't come from Egypt but I know the pyramids are tombs. 

But then, I'm an olde farte, and modern youth don't do four years of Latin, starting at 10.  Instead, they get classes in one-handed emoji-texting, and Facebooking. And apparently they never read anything, and their parents either never talk to them, or (like their kids) know nothing.

And it isn't (I don't think) an issue with the US education system.  I think that education everywhere, now seems aimed solely at producing busy little worker-bees to produce goods, pay taxes, and make the wealthy elite wealthier, by paying to consume the very goods that they just finished producing.  There is no need to teach kids about the world at large.  Because they're all Huxley's Gammas (if they're lucky) or Deltas, most likely.  And there certainly isn't any reason to teach them who Huxley is...

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

It's interesting how we all view things differently because I thought Burnie was being equally bitchy this episode, as well as whiny. And it was particularly irritating to me only because Burnie was the one just the previous leg who helped make sure Brodie and Kurt were booted by U-Turning Tyler and Korey. Also, he has worked with teams before, as well as ignore teams when ahead when they ask him about a clue or direction or something. And yet he seemed to almost be affronted that Dana and Tyler were daring to work together. That was ridiculous. 

I agree, Burnie was being a strange mix of mean and bitchy. I give him a pass, because I think he has been pretty cool for the vast majority of the race and I think he was getting frustrated.  But it was disappointing to see him behave that way.

I don't think teams are obligated to help each other, but I think I draw the line at actively lying to another team, or actively trying to take another team down.  I guess there is no way around it if someone asks you a question to your face, but it just feels different to me.  However, I know that last year I wanted everyone to do everything to get rid of Justin, so perhaps its just for this season.

I don't know where I picked up my knowledge of minarets, all I know is the second they read the clue I said "Taj Mahal!"  and was confused when the teams went somewhere else.

• Love 3