Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: BBQ, Brunch Or Bust

• Start Topic

Carole thinks Luanne is juvenile for that hula hoop thing she did at the party? 

Rolled my eyes. Projection. LuAnn is trying to break the ice by being silly. No matter WHAT LuAnn did, Carol would have a problem with it.

Example: Luann show up on time. 

Carol: She just wants more time to dig at me.

Luann shows up late with a gift

Carol: Typical, buying her friendships

Luann shows up

Carol: It's somehow about MEEEEEE

Luann: Doesn't come

Carol: She neglected her friend's birthday because of petty issues. She needs to grow up.

Luann: Comes and immediately asks for forgiveness

Carol: She knows she is guilty and I must punish her

Luann: Comes and ignores Carol

Carol: She obviously has feelings for Adam

LuAnn-- Can not win. She should just send a memo to Carol that she died. Carol needs to GROW UP. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 19

Man. I was soooo worried that this site was gone. It was terrible! I thought I might need therapy. PHEW!

This episode was so strange. First, Bethanny, IMO, looks amazing. She looks tons better than she did even a few years ago, I love her make-up, her hair, her body, everything. She just looks fantastic, maybe 30 years old. She looks younger than Jules for sure, which is funny that Jules brings up the fact that Bethany is so much younger...

In the past, I had a hard time connecting with Bethanny because she looked a fright. Bad hair, weird jutting out jaws, bulimia face, all of that. Now, she looks great, but her behavior is like middle school! I want to appreciate all the hard work she has done on making herself, because she used to look sort of worn out, and now she looks a million bucks, but she acts like an 11th grader on a power trip.

Anyway, I sort of get what she is saying about Jules, because she talks like she has 100 cotton balls in her mouth. Her voice and laugh sound rough and just listening to her, you would think she might be retarded. Sorry to all folks with retarded kids, but she does!!! It isn't necessarily bad, but her voice and the way she speaks makes her sound dumb. I think if she sounded more intelligent they wouldn't pick on her so much for her weight, but you know, once you present yourself as weak (or dumb) you become fodder for gossip and bullying. Plus, Bethanny and Carol are uber competitive, and in my experience, if you are not competitive, it's in your best interest to stay away from people who are, because you become part of a game that you don't even want to play. 

I can't really find anything to hate Jules for. She isn't trying that hard to be friends with anyone, she is very comfortable with her relationship with Dorinda, and that sort of shows, to me, that she is in a good place and in a good relationship, because she doesn't need other women to feel good. Her husband makes her feel good. The meanest girls of all are those who are insecure in their romantic relationships. 

Who knows why Jules is so thin. She is probably really stressed out and given that her husband seems to be in control of everything, it appears she isn't the best at handling stress. I think the weight thing is probably more due to stress than anything. She is trying to look good and maybe took it too far. She had children who are healthy so obviously, she is okay when she needs to be. 

I like Jules. However, her kids could grow up to be bratty.

• Love 2
  7 hours ago, HumblePi said:

I'm still trying to switch gears from Beverly Hills to New York and feel like I almost need some kind of palate cleanser in between dishes. The NY women are so diametrically opposed in every way to the wives of Beverly Hills. The way they dress, live, behave and everything about them is so different. The West Coast women are more focused on material stuff, glamor and image while the NY women are just gritty, spirited and in your face. They come off as crude to many I'm sure but I find it a little refreshing just to get the anger and resentment out right away instead of hiding the fact that they're bitchy and vindictive. They don't hide the fact that they can be the mean girls sitting at one table and ignoring the others being on the outside of their little inner circle. I know one thing, there would never be an entire season of whispers and rumors about whether someone had Lyme disease or not. That would be settled and put to rest in one single episode, not an entire season.

After Bethenny's much-criticized appearance on RHOBH (and deservedly so), one thing she said in her defense did resonate with me: That they're all on a reality show, and that they're getting paid to uncensor themselves. And that what she was saying was exactly what the BH ladies were saying off-screen but didn't want to get caught on camera saying their true feelings.

That's not to excuse her bad behavior, but it is something that's stayed with me, and probably why I find the contrast so refreshing to BH. There's less confusion among the NY set because there's more willingness to let the action unfold on camera. A lot of the big arguments on BH were exhausting to me because there's always so much side-stepping and talking around what their real beefs are. I generally appreciate how I don't need to decode every single word of the NY ladies to figure out what's going on.

Agreed. I prefer NY to BH because I am tired of the "Is the Lyme Disease real or not ?". I wonder if Bethenny would tell off Yolanda for her inconsistencies over her Lyme Disease.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DelicateDee said:

I don't get why Beth is a bitch for not approaching John to settle the issue between them when he and Dorinda arrived at the BBQ.  I was raised with the notion that when you enter a person's home, it is proper etiquette that you greet and acknowledge the householder.  I thought John and Dorinda complete ignoramus to not greet Bethenny when they came into the party, so I don't blame Beth one bit for ignoring them, especially John.  I also don't get why Dorinda didn't talk to Beth beforehand about still bringing John.  But after all the awkwardness of trying to avoid each  other, I thought it was better of Bethenny to try to clear the air so that they could have a better time.  Although it didn't go so well because John proved to be an arrogant  ass.  

But he did try to acknowledge her on more than one occasion and she straight up ignored him and walked away from him without returning so much as a glance at him. Then after awhile avoiding him she was a total ass when confronting him about wanting to talk and would not accept his apology because he wouldn't rehash in detail the insults from the party, he acknowledged he went after her and was out of line but that wasn't good enough for her.

However, the absolute worst was that she told them she wiped the slate clean but continued (in a rude and haughty manner) but continued to be in asshole to him at Jules house. She doesn't have to pretend to like him but being civil isn't hard, she walked past him in a way that would be rude if he was the random doorman in a hotel. A hello or good morning is apparently to difficult for her! 

I liked John's pullover it seemed very fall and perfect for the day, it's not like he showed up in costume and the fact that she butcher about it illustrated she is a petty ass.

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, oakville said:

Who knows why Jules is so thin.

She's probably so thin for the same reasons as Carole and Aviva and Lee Radziwell and Gwyn Paltrow and present-day Bethenny are: because they think it makes them look chic, sophisticated and younger.  I think they limit their eating so they look a certain way, but the only one who I'd guess has had the actual pathology of anorexia is control-freak, self-loathing Bethenny a few years ago, when she was wearing her daughter's clothing on Instagram.

I can't stand Carole.  She has always been so arrogant and dismissive.  At least the other women answer for the insensitive things they say.  And why does she have to make fun of how John looks?  She looks like a scarecrow with buckteeth.

• Love 15

I can't stand Carole.  She has always been so arrogant and dismissive.  At least the other women answer for the insensitive things they say.  And why does she have to make fun of how John looks?  She looks like a scarecrow with buckteeth.

Carol is not winning in the looks department. Even though she looks a lot better and has had tons of surgery she is still ugly as hell. She is probably the ugliest housewife on the franchise ever, save for maybe Penny Tanuous??? and Lydia from OC. 

No, she is not one to comment on looks. 

I think John looks a-okay. He's no model, like Carol's bf (who was a model, or is trying to model), but hey, he's THERE, where Carol and Bethanny have no men fronting for them, so go John. He loves Dorinda, and she loves him, and they are being bitches. At least he showed up, that, IMO, shows more character than staying home. If he DIDN'T come to the party, Bethanny would have had a field day. It's pretty weak of her to suggest that his "drug use" was the reason he was there, "If he remembered what he said..." if he wasn't there, she would have bitched that he wasn't really trying to be her friend and wasn't devoted to Dorinda! I think the fact he came, in Bethanny's opinion, was like, "Oh, he's an opportunist, looking for his opp to be on camera" but really, was to support Dorinda. I mean, Bethanny and Carol can't even find opportunists to hang out with them. Even RAMONA had a date. No one is harping on him for being an opportunist. It's easy to say ANYONE on this show is an opportunist, including Bethanny.

All said, I think John and Bethanny are hot for each other. She digs him. She has made the point, not so subtly that he hit on her. She wants to go back and get her dry cleaning. She likes him. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 6

Dorinda buzzing in John's ear to say hello to Bethenny "like a gentleman" is exactly why forced interactions are the worst. It's awkward as fuck and no good comes from them. If someone doesn't want anything to do with you, just leave them alone. If I were John, I would've ate all the ribs and drank all her booze. You may hate me, but I'm gon' enjoy this here free food and drinks. Only Bethenny can make a cookout a disaster.

I'm over Carol. I don't hate her, but I don't like her all that much, either. She's squandering the goodwill I had towards her after reading What Remains. There are a lot of things to slam Luann about, but hula hooping isn't one of them. Especially considering Carol's penchant for acting like an ingenue in the city. Her attitude definitely told on her face in this episode. However, I still don't care about her relationship with Adam. Instead of avoiding Lu, she should tell her to stop talking bout who she's sticking and licking. She's just mad it ain't hers.

• Love 9

She's probably so thin for the same reasons as Carole and Aviva and Lee Radziwell and Gwyn Paltrow and present-day Bethenny are: because they think it makes them look chic, sophisticated and younger.

I don't want to say this, cuz I'm sure they all read these blogs religiously and are influenced by them, but when Bethanny was sitting next to Jules in one of the promos, she looked twice as big as Jules. Jules is TINY. Like super thin. Bethanny isn't exaggerating. Bethanny looked like a linebacker next to Jules. Again, I don't want Bethanny to think she should lose weight, because she is still way skinny. But Jules is ultra skinny. Maybe 80 pounds? And she does look sick too, especially here. 

RHONY-2.jpg?resize=730%2C410

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 7

Oh God.  I felt like I was in withdrawal with the boards gone.  Or maybe an intervention with the message that I'm too involved here.  I can't help it.  There's so many of you who I like to interact with and totally enjoy sharing my secret pleasure.  

Anyway.  Beth, you are a mess.  I don't particularly like John.  He is kind of sleazy but I was on his team this episode.  Beth was sooo high school.  C'mon.  You don't even recognize him when you walk past.  Talk about middle school.  When you finally do, you can't just accept his apology?  Nope, you have to go into a debate like you're a lawyer?  

And then we have your expert opinion on Jule's house.  BTW, Beth, Ryan Serhant mentioned on WWHL that Water Mill 'is' a very desirable area.  And the house is actually a whole lot bigger than yours so maybe they have a 'plan' of development.  Who the hell are you to judge?  It ain't your plan.  And who are you to judge John and Dorinda's relationship.  Heck, I can't stand Doris but her relationships are her choice.  John was nothing in comparison to your rudeness to Jules and her husband regarding their house or their plans for their house.  Add to that Jules' eating disorder.  She well may have something going on but you just don't know her that well to form a conclusion yet. 

Yep.  Beth is a know it all.  And I missed Heather so much this episode.  She's not afraid to go there with Beth.

Lu was wrong with Carole about what happened last season.  Lu went with guns blazing about Carole's relationship with Adam.  Carole didn't owe Lu an apology.  Lu did.  With that said, I don't like Carole and Beth's new found bestie relationship.  Unfortunately, Carole is coming off not so good and kind of nasty (see their comments about John).

Bottom line - there's no one to root for this season. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Zizzlezazzle said:

I'm reminded of Beth's Season 2 (or 3?) walk over the Brooklyn Bridge with Ramona, when Ramona told her that she had no friends because she pushed everyone in her life away and that she'd probably push Jason away too. It was a cruel comment, but wrong? Clearly, not.

The fact is, Beth doesn't know how to NOT act like a calculating, ungracious mean girl, in all of her relationships. If she's not Head Bitch In Charge or someone's existence doesn't directly benefit her, there's no need to keep that person in her life.

Yes, B, John is an ass and showed his big time during the bra party. But now he's in your home, and Dorinda is already beyond mortified with the situation, so cut her some slack and welcome him right off the bat, even if you don't mean it, and even if you don't speak to him the rest of the party. A few initial nice, if stilted, remarks to him right when he got there could have gone a very long way and not put him so on guard the whole time and chasing her around trying to make amends. SHE made that party an awkward disaster, and has nobody to blame for setting that tone but herself.

Even if she wants to argue that other damning events unfolded with John and that he didn't deserve her good graces, what the hell did Jules do to her?! There is never a reason to go to someone's home and behave like that. 

I'm not hopeful that Beth watches these episodes and cringes, but I sure did. 

No, it was incumbent on Dorinda & John to greet Bethenny first when entering her home (or property) for HER birthday gathering.  Then John should have made an immediate attempt to apologize for his brutish behavior the other night.  That's just good old fashion manners.   So it was J & D that made it awkward, not B.   I wonder if he would have approached her like he did if Bethenny had a man beside her that night?  I don't think so.  Then he had the nerve to try to attempt a generic non apology  apology and when B tried to get him to acknowledge what he should actually be apologizing for, he gets all defensive - like WTH!  Well, I thought she was more gracious than she had to be by realizing that they weren't going to see eye to eye and walked away determined to not let his presence ruin the event for her or Dorinda.  Other than that, I enjoyed the episode.  Compared to the Bev.  Hills crowd, this BBQ felt so much more real.  

• Love 7

Idk, Bethenny's behavior at the party was just so ridiculously childish & nasty about John -- first, saying "get him out of here" & then saying he was "sweaty & misshapen" (ah, real nice stuff, hun).  Look, Dorinda coulda headed this all off by saying to her before the party that John wanted to apologize to her.  Didn't he try to apologize to her several times & Bethenny (like a 5 year old) just ran away.  She acted like a total fool.  OK, John was acting stupidly too.  He barely (if at all) acknowledged he did anything wrong to her.  They both were weird as hell (and assholes), but it's this non-stop/insane nastiness of Bethenny's -- it never fucking ends!!!    OMG, she can't let go of the nastiness.  It's completely ingrained in her.  I guess she'll take it with her to her grave.

Hey, I love MTM & appreciate fond remembrances of her show, but this party did not remind me in the least of a bad Mary party, which were always funny -- and never ever ever in the least bit nasty.  No, Mary was ALWAYS a nice woman, well-liked, who had lots of friends around her.  Uh, that ain't Bethenny.  She's a nasty woman thru & thru, who consistently treats everyone around her horribly -- well, at least those who won't smooch up to her.

Um, wanna drop Carole an email?  Send it to ILiveinBethennysAsshole.com.

OK, Carole, so lemme get this straight, hun.  A 50 year old woman trying to use a hula-hoop for a moment or 2 is embarrassing, yes?  But a 52 year old woman riding on the handlebars of a bicycle driven by a decades-younger skinny crunchy-granola dude with a man-bun is not embarrassing?  Thanks, just so I got that one right.

My only chuckle in this one?  When Bethenny said "baby pterodactyl", referring to one (or both) of Jules' screeching kids.  Now, I did post on an earlier thread that I saw Jules & her little meatball douchy-looking husb -- and man-oh-man-oh-man, those kids were screeching so loud, people blocks away were turning around.  So yeah, I admit this gave me a momentary giggle -- until I realized Bethenny was turning her never-ending/horrible/shitty nastiness to making fun of & belittling children.  C'mon now, that just sucks.  She really is horrible.

• Love 11

Believe it or not, I wasn't bothered by Bethenny's behavior -- before, after or during Jules' party.  Uh, well, mostly.  I mean, Bethenny was being Bethenny & calling out bullshit & saying what she thought.  Isn't this why we watch her?  Sorta?  If anything, I thought this was like the Bethenny of ancient times.  And what do ya know?  Then we get a clip of her from a billion years ago (or 7).  OMG, how strange it was to see a young-looking Bethenny, eh?  Anyway, the reference to Alex & Simon was appropriate here.  Buffoon husband, oddball/inexplicable construction, screeching kids?  OK, OK, OK, clunk me over the head, Bethenny (and Satan Andy & the other anonymous producers), I can see the comparison.  

Most of what Bethenny said was dead-on.  The house is located off the beaten path & it does look like a money pit.  Ah, but who would say shit like this to someone they don't know -- AND in their money pit?  Well, Bethenny, that's who.  That's what she's getting the million+ bucks for & it's why we're all watching.  So I was fine & dandy with all of this.  And then Bethenny veered off into asshole-land -- and took Carole along with her.  And Carole seemed to be quite comfy & happy with being an asshole right along with Bethenny.  OK then.

And then Bethenny took her assholeness to a new high.  Ah, is "assholeness" a word?  It should be.  It describes Bethenny's behavior PERFECTLY.  I screamed at my TV for Bethenny to STFU (uh, Bethenny -style) when she implied (yet again) about Jules having an eating disorder -- merely because she put out a spread of various foods.  Can I scream it again, please?  Pretty please?  STFU, Bethenny!!!!  Stop talking about Jules having an eating disorder to deflect from suspicion of you having an eating disorder.  Cut it the fuck out.  It's nasty as shit & annoying as hell.

• Love 8

I don't think I like any of these women anymore.

I'm so over Bethenny and Carole. I want to like Bethenny as much as I used to, but as she said herself in the limo last season, I grow tired. John is obnoxious and I know he shouldn't have come to her party but she also shouldn't have gone to Jules' brunch. Who turns up at a brunch, makes rude comments about their house and then whispers about the hostess' weight the entire time? Tbh I think her comments about both things were correct but wholly unnecessary, if she couldn't find it in her to be polite for more than a minute she shouldn't have gone. And as for Carole, she's so sanctimonious it's unbearable. Bringing a hula hoop to a party is juvenile, but the gummy bear incident and tweeting a nip slip of Luann are the height of maturity, right Carole? 

But on the other side of things, I never liked Dorinda that much either. I always thought she was a mean sloppy drunk and way too snobby than she had any right to be. And that doesn't appear to have changed.

The other original ladies are the only ones I can bear, and that's because I find them hilarious. Ramona can be awful but I can't find it in myself to be mad about it because of all her Ramonaisms, and Luann's "cool countess" schtick is so funny to me. Even at Bethenny's party, there was the bringing of the hula hoop, and then she said something to Carole along the lines of "C'mon, get over it man". And Sonja's clearly batshit insane at this point but again, she's rarely mean and she provides comic relief. The can all be shady as hell sometimes but they crack me up. Whereas I can't bring myself to laugh at Bethenny anymore because all her jokes and one liners are ignorant or mean spirited or both.

I did like what Jules said about Bethenny, but she lost me again when she started talking about the size of her house. It was just elitist and weird.

• Love 3

I say this as someone who would much rather live in Bethanny's hamptons house than Jules, they were both elitist and weird but because Bethanny can never shut up she made more bitchy comments than Jules. And actually Jules comparing house sizes only came up in TH and after Bethanny told them they were stupid for doing what they were doing and how she remodelled her house in onpy three months, whereas Bethenny made several comments about the house before she had seen it.

Also, I don't think the contractors are not working hard, there was a missing wall when they showed Dorinda and John the pool room on Friday night. By Sunday a portin of that same gap had been drywalled in and framing for interior doors to the room had been installed. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, oakville said:

Agreed. I prefer NY to BH because I am tired of the "Is the Lyme Disease real or not ?". I wonder if Bethenny would tell off Yolanda for her inconsistencies over her Lyme Disease.

In a heartbeat she would, and as much as I dislike both Yolanda and Bethenny, that is a scene I would pop popcorn for. 

In general, I get that Bethenny (as she and others have said) realizes she is on a reality show and doesn't filter herself.  She was the same in her earlier seasons, but at that time she seemed to be the Greek Chorus of the show - many times she articulated what many viewers were thinking.   She was very popular her first couple of seasons, so it worked.  But it worked because she was truly part of ensemble show.  That's the thing that's missing now.  Now we're subject to a show that revolves around Bethenny's opinions about everyone and everything and it's not working because she comes across as nasty and rude.

Simply put, it's too much Bethenny.

Perhaps Bravo should have left the scene out where she and Carol (another FOA (Friend of Andy)) were in the car talking about Jules' house and shown us something else instead.  Perhaps a few less scenes of her whining about her party.  Perhaps they should cut the insane number of Bethenny talking heads in favor of some of the others.  Then she might, just might, be tolerable because it would be small doses of one member of an ensemble cast intermixed with the others.

But Andy has put all his eggs in the Bethenny Basket  - and I think it's going to wind up hurting the show.  The reunion will be interesting - will anyone other than Bethenny get a word in?

• Love 7
8 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

No, it was incumbent on Dorinda & John to greet Bethenny first when entering her home (or property) for HER birthday gathering.  Then John should have made an immediate attempt to apologize for his brutish behavior the other night.  That's just good old fashion manners.   So it was J & D that made it awkward, not B.   I wonder if he would have approached her like he did if Bethenny had a man beside her that night?  I don't think so.  Then he had the nerve to try to attempt a generic non apology  apology and when B tried to get him to acknowledge what he should actually be apologizing for, he gets all defensive - like WTH!  Well, I thought she was more gracious than she had to be by realizing that they weren't going to see eye to eye and walked away determined to not let his presence ruin the event for her or Dorinda.  Other than that, I enjoyed the episode.  Compared to the Bev.  Hills crowd, this BBQ felt so much more real.  

I don't disagree with you except to add that it's actually more incumbent upon the host/hostess of an event to greet/interact/mingle with/feed (if applicable) their guests, not the other way around (my humble opinion alone).  Sometimes there are people at a party who don't know each other, but if they're invited guests, they all know the host.   It was terrible judgement on both Dorinda and John's part that he came, however, seeing that he did, B's reaction was worse.  She was completely ungracious and there's never a reason to do that especially in your own home.  I'm not saying she had a responsibility to fall head over heels when they walked in.  But make lemons out of lemonade (™K. Bensimon) say thank you for coming, and suck it up like a big girl.  The boss who hired me for my current job had what I considered to be one of the greatest talents in the world - he could despise someone but you would never be able to tell that from the way he interacted with them.  Well liked, funny, diplomat.  The guy was an Obama. It's a gift I wish I'd been blessed with.  Anyhoo all that to say it takes much more energy to walk around twitchy and pissed than it does to simply have said look I'm still processing what happened the other day and we'll talk about it when appropriate, in the meantime please enjoy yourselves.  She looked like she was about to have a seizure any minute for fuck's sake.

9 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Dorinda buzzing in John's ear to say hello to Bethenny "like a gentleman" is exactly why forced interactions are the worst. It's awkward as fuck and no good comes from them. If someone doesn't want anything to do with you, just leave them alone. If I were John, I would've ate all the ribs and drank all her booze. You may hate me, but I'm gon' enjoy this here free food and drinks. Only Bethenny can make a cookout a disaster.

I'm over Carol. I don't hate her, but I don't like her all that much, either. She's squandering the goodwill I had towards her after reading What Remains. There are a lot of things to slam Luann about, but hula hooping isn't one of them. Especially considering Carol's penchant for acting like an ingenue in the city. Her attitude definitely told on her face in this episode. However, I still don't care about her relationship with Adam. Instead of avoiding Lu, she should tell her to stop talking bout who she's sticking and licking. She's just mad it ain't hers.

BWAHAAAAAA!!!  {{raises glass}}.   Hand me my moscow monkey and stfu, huh girl?  Hee hee hee!

{insert necksnap}

8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Oh God.  I felt like I was in withdrawal with the boards gone.  Or maybe an intervention with the message that I'm too involved here.  I can't help it.  There's so many of you who I like to interact with and totally enjoy sharing my secret pleasure.  

So you know if anything ever happens to the boards for real, we're gonna need to invent the treatment program right?  We finna look hella stupid showing up to therapy that doesn't exist yet.   Girl I rocked in my seat, clicked, reclicked before it finally occurred to me that I could actually be doing, you know, my job as an alternative.  I kinda hate this new format but I'm glad ya'll are back.

necksnap.jpg

• Love 13
16 hours ago, archer1267 said:

Me too! I hate it when things get too meta and the reunion shows are filled with accusations about Tweets, or who sold stories to RadarOnline (RHOBH). If there's drama to be had, I want to see it on the show. I don't want to have to get a Twitter account just to get up to speed on what's going on.

Did everyone catch the word "YES" in lights in Bethenny's barn/shed? Lest we forget her Season 3 "I come from a place of yes," comment and her book entitled "A Place of Yes." She's nothing if not a shrewd self-promoter.

So far I like Jules' husband, hair aside. He's polite to everyone, isn't angling for his own storyline, and seems supportive of his wife.

In reverse order: 

I kind of like Jules' husband too. He's not my type at all, physically, but he does at least seem to be responding thoughtfully when he's allowed to talk about anything beyond how many egg particles he has to leave for Jules from their shared breakfast, or complimenting her random meatball and sour patch kids dinners.

And I CANNOT deal with the offscreen bullshit. This is one of the reasons I stopped watching the reunion shows altogether (that and by the time you get to them, these seasons have already gone on too long and I don't have enough years left in my life to watch four weeks of these harpies going at each other in evening wear).  

• Love 7
18 hours ago, bosawks said:

If Beth was there when Jesus turned water into wine she'd have bitched about the vintage.

Jesus Christ and the 12 Apostles get into town and are trying to find a place to grab a bite to eat, their problem is that the banks are all closed and the only have enough money for one person to eat. After a few minutes Jesus tells the Apostles, "Follow me into that inn, but DON'T say anything!" The Apostles follow Jesus Christ into the inn and to a table where they all sit down.

The waiter comes over and asks if he can take their order and without missing a beat JC says, "Yes, I'll have one fish sandwich and 13 glasses of water......"

• Love 8

I usually don't mind Bethenney. She's a character, just like Ramona is.  However, this was the first time that her absolute meanness overwhelmed the fun aspect of an episode. I felt as if I had attended two very awkward parties myself via my couch.  I actually felt sorry for those poor regular shmucks who came to the BBQ. Here they dressed up with an eye to appearing on tv, signed the release and thought they'd have a great afternoon lurking around the background of a RHONY episode and thump. They end up at the most tense, unfun event ever filmed. There wasn't even a blow-up shouting match to break the tension.

Bethenney's bitterness just leaks out of her. She must be miserable having to constantly cut down each and every individual she encounters, unless they have obvious status.  Carole was more disappointing than anything to me ... she's hitched herself to the mean girl and looks like a weak follower.  That's the fastest way to lose your cool-ness.  

• Love 9

Gonna throw out a few thoughts about the 'man' stuff on the franchise, not for any reason other than to give a little insight from someone with two heads instead of one? (As if that counted for anything in the past?)

Let's start with the topic "according to John".

John probably is a boor. He scratches his ass in public, thinks farts are funny and roots for any New York team. He's probably that fucked up guy that plays handsy with all the ladies and thinks he is charming. But, he is what Dorinda wants and what is wrong with that? Maybe Beth has a problem with him because all the assholes she gets involved with are driven fuckwads who's idea of fun is to get the WSJ and read the stock reports - he even plays 'fantasy stock exchange' and wear socks that are 40 dollars a pair - in other words, a fucking dullard that has the serial number of the first dollar he ever earned memorized..

Adam?

That is a monumentally funny thing to get pissed off over. Of course, a man is involved and he'll stick with 'any port in a storm'. Getting laid, when you are young, will lead you down some pretty crazy paths. I don't know if he was hired as a favor to the niece or how that worked out, but he will learn that when a bridge is burned, no need to stick around to watch it fall into the river?

Care-hole is an opportunist and if she moved in with the cntless and poached this kid off their reservation?  It just means she really doesn't care about shit. Her playing the part of a 'cougar' is kinda funny because she probably can suck a golf ball through a garden hose, that's the only reason he stays around- Adam must wake up at least THREE HOURS after he gets out of bed, Care-hole would scare the fuck out of any man right off the bat? Wait until some chippie at a farmer's market finds out he is a personal chef, invites him to teach her some basic cooking at her house and snakes him away from old horseface? Her talking about having '5 good summers left' was funny. I think those were back from 77 to 1982.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I don't disagree with you except to add that it's actually more incumbent upon the host/hostess of an event to greet/interact/mingle with/feed (if applicable) their guests, not the other way around (my humble opinion alone).  Sometimes there are people at a party who don't know each other, but if they're invited guests, they all know the host.   It was terrible judgement on both Dorinda and John's part that he came, however, seeing that he did, B's reaction was worse.  She was completely ungracious and there's never a reason to do that especially in your own home.  I'm not saying she had a responsibility to fall head over heels when they walked in.  But make lemons out of lemonade (™K. Bensimon) say thank you for coming, and suck it up like a big girl.  The boss who hired me for my current job had what I considered to be one of the greatest talents in the world - he could despise someone but you would never be able to tell that from the way he interacted with them.  Well liked, funny, diplomat.  The guy was an Obama. It's a gift I wish I'd been blessed with.  Anyhoo all that to say it takes much more energy to walk around twitchy and pissed than it does to simply have said look I'm still processing what happened the other day and we'll talk about it when appropriate, in the meantime please enjoy yourselves.  She looked like she was about to have a seizure any minute for fuck's sake.

I don't get why Bethenny just couldn't have gone up to John, said hello and be done with it.  That's what adults do.  That's what I was taught how to do with I was five.  Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you have to be ugly to them in  public, what a concept.

I can't stand Carole either.  I'm older than she and she looks old enough to be my mother.  Dating a guy in his 20's doesn't make you younger Carole.

I also don't get her upset at LuAnn.  Years ago me and my friends would call someone dating a much younger person a "cradle robber" but never thought that was a slur or anything.  However, that was before the days of social media where everything said is a huge incident. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10

Bethenny snobbily pointing out how much land you get for your money in Jules' hamptons neighborhood made her officially the kind of obnoxious elitist rich asshole she would have made fun of years ago.

Exactly. I immediately had a flashback to the ladies throwing shade about Quogue and how un-chic it was for Cindy to live there, or Ramona going through Berkshire property listings while en route to Heather's house to somehow prove her point that the Berkshires suck (presumably because property values aren't anywhere near what they are in the Hamptons). These hens would be right at home in a Jane Austen novel, where they can cluck about each other's incomes and who is the richest.

I looked at Bethenny's Bridgehampton home and she paid $2M for it. Which yes, is tons more than what the average person can afford for a home, but it's not that special by 1% standards. And it's not anywhere near the water. I don't think she should be making digs about anyone else's Hamptons property.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

My only chuckle in this one?  When Bethenny said "baby pterodactyl", referring to one (or both) of Jules' screeching kids.  Now, I did post on an earlier thread that I saw Jules & her little meatball douchy-looking husb -- and man-oh-man-oh-man, those kids were screeching so loud, people blocks away were turning around.  So yeah, I admit this gave me a momentary giggle -- until I realized Bethenny was turning her never-ending/horrible/shitty nastiness to making fun of & belittling children.  C'mon now, that just sucks.  She really is horrible.

Baby pterodactyl? I am sure that Beth stood over bryn and when she even thought of whimpering, began to berate and scream at her somesuch shit about behaving and sending her to stay with your father. Nasty assed bitch.

• Love 6

Yeah, Bethy would rip anyone's face off if they dared to breath a word about Bryn, much less called her a baby pterodactyl.  She's lucky Jules is not the "rip your face off while criticizing you non-stop" kind of person.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

Exactly. I immediately had a flashback to the ladies throwing shade about Quogue and how un-chic it was for Cindy to live there, or Ramona going through Berkshire property listings while en route to Heather's house to somehow prove her point that the Berkshires suck (presumably because property values aren't anywhere near what they are in the Hamptons). These hens would be right at home in a Jane Austen novel, where they can cluck about each other's incomes and who is the richest.

I looked at Bethenny's Bridgehampton home and she paid $2M for it. Which yes, is tons more than what the average person can afford for a home, but it's not that special by 1% standards. And it's not anywhere near the water. I don't think she should be making digs about anyone else's Hamptons property.

That place was too small to entertain, she had no furniture/places for people to sit. I loved the firepit, but thought the static seating sucked ass. Otherwise, it was a house with a roof and weatherproof. Because it's NOT close to the water, she uses some excuse about not having to worry about the kid drowning or being swept out to sea.......

Edited by ElDosEquis
I think, therefore I correct.
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

Exactly. I immediately had a flashback to the ladies throwing shade about Quogue and how un-chic it was for Cindy to live there,

I remember that too and laughed when she said that.  In the 1980's Quogue and West Hampton were where the young people hung out, while South Hampton was where the old fogies lived.  The more expensive homes have their own private beaches, Bethenny's house doesn't have that, so there.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

How does Bridgehampton compare to Water Mill in terms of chi-ch-chi (as weird Kevin BH party planner would spout), do any of you East Costers know? Hell, for that matter how does Lu's home (is it Sag Harbor) rate?

1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

I usually don't mind Bethenney. She's a character, just like Ramona is.  However, this was the first time that her absolute meanness overwhelmed the fun aspect of an episode. I felt as if I had attended two very awkward parties myself via my couch.  I actually felt sorry for those poor regular shmucks who came to the BBQ. Here they dressed up with an eye to appearing on tv, signed the release and thought they'd have a great afternoon lurking around the background of a RHONY episode and thump. They end up at the most tense, unfun event ever filmed. There wasn't even a blow-up shouting match to break the tension.

Bethenney's bitterness just leaks out of her. She must be miserable having to constantly cut down each and every individual she encounters, unless they have obvious status.  Carole was more disappointing than anything to me ... she's hitched herself to the mean girl and looks like a weak follower.  That's the fastest way to lose your cool-ness.  

Everyone said that Carole was Heathers puppet last year and even though I didn't appreciate them putting that sort of label on her friendship with Heather (only because I like Heather so I didn't like the implication that she would do that) but it does seem that Carole isn't much of a presence in her own friendships. She really is a follower. I don't doubt that a genuine connection is necessary when it comes to who Carole is friends with but once the friendship is off and running Carole is just game for anything and allows the other person to drive. I think Carole was uber excited to jump in Beth car cause Beth can steer her straight into mean girl high where I think she's been wanting to play openly for a long time now but couldn't get her other alleged puppet master to take her there. Carole's the type that needs to piggyback her meanness or dish it out in angles and deflections like the way she only "retweets" mean shit. She can't seem to be direct about it and that's one of the biggest things that pisses me off about her. Bitch say what you think. All these rolling her eyes and guffawing at others taking themselves too seriously acting amused at the embarrassing displays. Come on sweetheart. You know you're a bitch stop trying to hide your nastiness behind superior notions of elevated maturity. Bitch Bye!

• Love 10

Just a thought......Why doesn't any of these shitty franchises have any GOOD music in the background or have a "karaoke night/party" instead of a stupid sit down dinner where everyone fucks with each other (Yes, I know there are fees to pay for music usage). Instead we get stuck with the random housewife singing or putting on a cabaret show - either way the music/talent/show sucks scrotum.........I'd even settle for a taylor swift song or two.....

• Love 1

Congratulations Bethenny--you have officially become Jill Zarin with your snobbery and elitism.  I'm sure at this point that the wolves who raised you are embarrassed at your lack of civility.  You are so bitter about your life you have to attack everything everyone else has.  I was mortified for you. 

Please see a proctologist soon as you need to have Carol removed from your upper colon.

• Love 12

I'm not sure about Jules yet...but she did say something that made me realize she's no dummy.  

Paraphrasing:  I just ACT like I don't notice things but I absolutely do.  

She knows Beth and Carole are being bitchy behind her back (or actually within earshot to her face) but she's not reacting, YET.  Jules may have some balls.  She just hadn't been pushed far enough to get dirty so far.  I say give it a few more episodes.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Jack Terrier said:

I'm not sure about Jules yet...but she did say something that made me realize she's no dummy.  

Paraphrasing:  I just ACT like I don't notice things but I absolutely do.  

She knows Beth and Carole are being bitchy behind her back (or actually within earshot to her face) but she's not reacting, YET.  Jules may have some balls.  She just hadn't been pushed far enough to get dirty so far.  I say give it a few more episodes.

Aha, I want to see Jules go off like a Jack Terrier. Little Dog with a HUGE HEART and the ATTITUDE to match.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

That place was too small to entertain, she had no furniture/places for people to sit. I loved the firepit, but thought the static seating sucked ass. Otherwise, it was a house with a roof and weatherproof. Because it's NOT close to the water, she uses some excuse about not having to worry about the kid drowning or being swept out to sea.......

Which means she doesn't even have a pool.  Hamptons house, no beach, no pool.  Enjoy your "status" location, Bethy.

I like Carole.  I think she is genuine and was very hurt by how malicious LuAnn was with her.  I haven't seen her ever stoop to that level and completely understand why she is done with Lu.

Carole seemed pretty damned malicious about John and his "gross, sweaty" self.  What did John ever do to her?  Nothing.  Yet she feels free to attack him on camera, repeatedly.  She does not have my sympathy in the Lu affair, despite my loathing of Lu.

• Love 8

How does Bridgehampton compare to Water Mill in terms of chi-ch-chi (as weird Kevin BH party planner would spout), do any of you East Costers know? Hell, for that matter how does Lu's home (is it Sag Harbor) rate?

It is one of the newer areas to be developed.  And boy they are developing.  So lots of money to be made by people like realtors but the area used to be very kinda folksy and out of the Hampton vibe.  So folks that liked that are now leaving and buying in the Berkshires.  It is still way out there for the stores and restaurants that the Hampton set meet at.  So if you're good with your own little world, you'd like it.

Bethenny is in prime area for social activities.  It does not have a beach but she would have to commit to a lot more square footage since there are no small cottages on the sea.  I like it.  I like Lu's place too.  It's in a nice area and it's managable.  Jules place is a Mcmansion.  It needs to be managed.  You saw the lawn service at Bethenny's.  Imagine the cost for lawn care on a place 10 times the size. 

I think that Bethenny was way over the top going on about the renovation.  I also think she was just freaked out to have to do that same group, and only that group the day after her party.  But Jules should listen to her.  She is saying the same thing everyone that goes to that house is saying, behind her back.

The biggest problem with the contract hold outs is that there is just too much everyone else.  Thank god we got the countess back this week.  I think Sonja signed right after Lu so we'll have Sonja back next week.  Then I'll make decisions on if there is too much B or C's life is boring etc.

• Love 1

Countess and Andy have Sag Harbor homes, Ryan Serhant of Million Dollar Listing, NY  said Jules home was fabulous and Water Mill was a very desirable location.  Apparently, the wolf pack Bethenny was raised in didn't teach her you don't count other people's money or drinks.  Bethenny Season 1 and Season 3 lambasted Jill Zarin for being so materialistic.  The only thing worse than being materialistic is being such a braggart about what she has and how she does everything so much better than everyone else.  She may consider Jules' home a money pit but perhaps over the next twenty years they will enjoy their home and raising their family in the vacation home.  It always seems to me that Bethenny is now discounting couples.  It may not work for her but it does for many others.

• Love 7

Next week's preview shows Bethenny crying with her over eating disorders.  B repeatedly mentions how she has a lot of experience with that issue, presumably referring to her mother.  But as someone who built an empire on being skinny and is pretty thin herself, I tend to believe she battled it herself in the past.  Wouldn't be good for business to publicize that, though.

For me, that's the problem with Bethy and her insistence on discussing Jules' eating disorder.  I'd have a lot more respect for her and her desire to talk about eating disorders if she just came out and said, "You know, I had an eating disorder for a long time and it was very hard work to try to manage this disease.  I'm better now, but I struggled for a long time.  I'm happy to help if you would like to hear about my experiences with it."

Instead, Bethy just wants to throw anorexia shade while keeping her own imagine intact.  She's not actually concerned about Jules; she just wants to criticize her non-stop and make her look bad in as many ways as possible. 

Too bad no one will say, "Gee Bethy, we all thought you had an eating disorder and are addicted to Adderall - when you posted that picture of yourself wearing your tiny child's pajamas, we were scared you would starve yourself to death because you were so proud that you fitted into a child's pajamas that you had to post it on Social Media.  We are so concerned about you, Bethy (cue crocodile tears)."  Yeah, that will never happen.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Everyone said that Carole was Heathers puppet last year and even though I didn't appreciate them putting that sort of label on her friendship with Heather (only because I like Heather so I didn't like the implication that she would do that) but it does seem that Carole isn't much of a presence in her own friendships. She really is a follower. I don't doubt that a genuine connection is necessary when it comes to who Carole is friends with but once the friendship is off and running Carole is just game for anything and allows the other person to drive. I think Carole was uber excited to jump in Beth car cause Beth can steer her straight into mean girl high where I think she's been wanting to play openly for a long time now but couldn't get her other alleged puppet master to take her there. Carole's the type that needs to piggyback her meanness or dish it out in angles and deflections like the way she only "retweets" mean shit. She can't seem to be direct about it and that's one of the biggest things that pisses me off about her. Bitch say what you think. All these rolling her eyes and guffawing at others taking themselves too seriously acting amused at the embarrassing displays. Come on sweetheart. You know you're a bitch stop trying to hide your nastiness behind superior notions of elevated maturity. Bitch Bye!

Cha-ching!  I get the feeling that CR is a bore. She's probably got a bland personality and just goes along with whoever and whatever is at hand. That suits her as a 'writer' - she doesn't have a story of her own to 'write' about?.

• Love 1

I suspect that the best scenes of this season have been left on the cutting room floor. Sonja and Luann have been laying up in Sonja's rundown brownstone, puffing and passing gigolos between them like ciggies.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Just a thought......Why doesn't any of these shitty franchises have any GOOD music in the background or have a "karaoke night/party" instead of a stupid sit down dinner where everyone fucks with each other (Yes, I know there are fees to pay for music usage). Instead we get stuck with the random housewife singing or putting on a cabaret show - either way the music/talent/show sucks scrotum.........I'd even settle for a taylor swift song or two.....

You said yourself. Money. There was some discussion over on the Lucifer thread about why they never used Sympathy for the Devil. It turned out that the show had planned on using the first three lines and the cost was something prohibitive like a million dollars.

I know that a dirt cheap hour long drama costs something like $3 - 4 million per episode. Even with Bethenny's million dollar salary, I would hazard a guess that budget per episode for these shows is probably between $1 -1.5 million. They just don't have the money for good music. Plus I don't think Bravo wants to get into it with streaming license issues with music either. Music licensing was what kept Quantum Leap from being streamable.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I don't want to say this, cuz I'm sure they all read these blogs religiously and are influenced by them, but when Bethanny was sitting next to Jules in one of the promos, she looked twice as big as Jules. Jules is TINY. Like super thin. Bethanny isn't exaggerating. Bethanny looked like a linebacker next to Jules. Again, I don't want Bethanny to think she should lose weight, because she is still way skinny. But Jules is ultra skinny. Maybe 80 pounds? And she does look sick too, especially here. 

RHONY-2.jpg?resize=730%2C410

Wow. I have absolutely no doubt she has an eating disorder. I hope she can get the treatment she needs. Bethenny is something ridiculous like a triple zero, so....

• Love 1

B repeatedly mentions how she has a lot of experience with that issue, presumably referring to her mother. 

I thought Bethenny's been upfront about her own eating disorder issues. For the heck of it I Googled her name + "bulimia" and it was pretty enlightening. This is what she told US Weekly in 2011: "I spent my entire life being obsessed with dieting. Binging and then fasting or starving. Forbidding everything. That's how I used to be: up and down 5 pounds every single day, to the extremes."

I suppose one take on it is that Bethenny's so attuned to the signs of an ED, and so concerned about Jules' well-being, that she's made this a focus of whenever she's around the woman. But I can't help but think if she were truly concerned, she a) wouldn't talk about it on camera and b) would talk to Jules directly about it. And I'm relieved that she's doing that next week, even though it looks like she'll make it all about HER.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

You said yourself. Money. There was some discussion over on the Lucifer thread about why they never used Sympathy for the Devil. It turned out that the show had planned on using the first three lines and the cost was something prohibitive like a million dollars.

I know that a dirt cheap hour long drama costs something like $3 - 4 million per episode. Even with Bethenny's million dollar salary, I would hazard a guess that budget per episode for these shows is probably between $1 -1.5 million. They just don't have the money for good music. Plus I don't think Bravo wants to get into it with streaming license issues with music either. Music licensing was what kept Quantum Leap from being streamable.

Bastards!!!! Why not give David Foster a call and let him have a revenue cut and a housewife to bang, then call it even?

• Love 1

That party was right up my alley.  Firepit, smoked meats, tons of booze.  What's not to enjoy?  Too bad everybody was so stinkin miserable.

I did love Bethenny's boots at the brunch at Jules house.  I want them.  Speaking of Jules...I hate her name.  Everytime someone says "Jules" I get irritated.  Because I think her name is Julie but she wants to be hip so she has everyone call her Jules.  Dumb.  And why was there dog poop in the house!!  Especially with guests over.  That's just nasty.  I would have left too.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, izabella said:

Which means she doesn't even have a pool.  Hamptons house, no beach, no pool.  Enjoy your "status" location, Bethy.

Carole seemed pretty damned malicious about John and his "gross, sweaty" self.  What did John ever do to her?  Nothing.  Yet she feels free to attack him on camera, repeatedly.  She does not have my sympathy in the Lu affair, despite my loathing of Lu.

Well, if worse comes to worse, she can use that hot air and huffing and puffing to put up an inflatable kiddie pool for Bryn.

Carole's problem with John?

He gets 'good shit' to party with. Care-hole probably foots the bill for Adam - Instead of being able to take a trip or get away for a few days? All he can afford is a bicycle trip down to the farmer's market and "Carole, the artichokes look good and they are 3 dollars each! Can we buy two for dinner?" Why do I get the feeling that a 'personal chef' is one step above 'struggling musician' and one below 'barista'?  Not knocking the working person, it's just that 'personal chef' is just someone who cooks for your lazy ass?

• Love 2
22 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I will never side with LuAnn about the Carole/Adam situation because if any of what Lu said was true, the person she should be actually angry at is Adam. I'm actually q

Jules needs to quit it with kosher thing because those more in the know than me will notice that she's not really keeping kosher. Both Jules and Michael appeared to have hot chocolate, which probably has milk in it, and then later ate meat at the party. It seems like they eat kosher-ish, but not actually kosher.

The rules are more strict for having dairy after meat, then having meat after dairy. Traditionally one must wait at least 6 hours after meat to have dairy, but it one has dairy, they can clean out their mouth, wash their hands, and have meat

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

I thought Bethenny's been upfront about her own eating disorder issues. For the heck of it I Googled her name + "bulimia" and it was pretty enlightening. This is what she told US Weekly in 2011: "I spent my entire life being obsessed with dieting. Binging and then fasting or starving. Forbidding everything. That's how I used to be: up and down 5 pounds every single day, to the extremes."

I suppose one take on it is that Bethenny's so attuned to the signs of an ED, and so concerned about Jules' well-being, that she's made this a focus of whenever she's around the woman. But I can't help but think if she were truly concerned, she a) wouldn't talk about it on camera and b) would talk to Jules directly about it. And I'm relieved that she's doing that next week, even though it looks like she'll make it all about HER.

Having read her dieting book (which I actually think has some very good ideas in it, and was one of the pioneers of intuitive eating) I can say that Bethenny can give good advice. But in that same book, she lists a week of her own diet, meaning the things she ate that week, and she still has very disordered eating. She seems quite a bit heavier this season, in a good way. In the past, she's been extremely emaciated. Most people with ED's are similar to addicts -recovery requires continual effort. 

My biggest problem with the way Bethenny has talked about it is what you named. She doesn't give a shit about Jules' health. Anyone who has familiarity with any ED would know better than to make someone feel judged and mocked. You suspect someone has a devastating mental illness so you gossip about it in FRONT of her? GTFO Bethenny. Then she calls herself a bitch but honest, when she's not honest about her own life. She's just willing to be obnoxious and judgmental about others. That's not entertaining. I'm glad she is dragging Carol down with her though! 

• Love 6