Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: BBQ, Brunch Or Bust

• Start Topic

Carole thinks Luanne is juvenile for that hula hoop thing she did at the party? 

Rolled my eyes. Projection. LuAnn is trying to break the ice by being silly. No matter WHAT LuAnn did, Carol would have a problem with it.

Example: Luann show up on time. 

Carol: She just wants more time to dig at me.

Luann shows up late with a gift

Carol: Typical, buying her friendships

Luann shows up

Carol: It's somehow about MEEEEEE

• Love 10
1 hour ago, izabella said:

Carole seemed pretty damned malicious about John and his "gross, sweaty" self.  What did John ever do to her?  Nothing.  Yet she feels free to attack him on camera, repeatedly.  She does not have my sympathy in the Lu affair, despite my loathing of Lu.

I know right? She's spent the entire season so far throwing her toys out of the pram because Luann was mean about her boyfriend, but she's happy to throw out nasty comments about other people's partners. If you'd told me a few seasons ago that I'd be taking Lu's side about anything I wouldn't have believed you, but now...

• Love 5
13 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I don't want to say this, cuz I'm sure they all read these blogs religiously and are influenced by them, but when Bethanny was sitting next to Jules in one of the promos, she looked twice as big as Jules. Jules is TINY. Like super thin. 

RHONY-2.jpg?resize=730%2C410

She must like it because here she is, sleeveless. She is showing off those arms.  Many who are ashamed of their skinniness like to hide it with clothes, but Jules is advertising it.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Rolled my eyes. Projection. LuAnn is trying to break the ice by being silly. No matter WHAT LuAnn did, Carol would have a problem with it.

Example: Luann show up on time. 

Carol: She just wants more time to dig at me.

Luann shows up late with a gift

Carol: Typical, buying her friendships

Luann shows up

Carol: It's somehow about MEEEEEE

Exactly! Idk if Carole even realises that she's the one who's continuing to be petty. All Luann's said about the entire situation is that she's let it go and wants to move on, whereas Carole's still taking cheap shots in her THs. Wasn't it her who said she doesn't care, she just wants Luann to be less concerned who she's sleeping with? And then she makes a tacky joke about how Luann's dates don't stay for breakfast. A hypocritical self-absorbed hag if there ever was one.

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, Sai said:

That party was right up my alley.  Firepit, smoked meats, tons of booze.  What's not to enjoy?  Too bad everybody was so stinkin miserable.

I did love Bethenny's boots at the brunch at Jules house.  I want them.  Speaking of Jules...I hate her name.  Everytime someone says "Jules" I get irritated.  Because I think her name is Julie but she wants to be hip so she has everyone call her Jules.  Dumb.  And why was there dog poop in the house!!  Especially with guests over.  That's just nasty.  I would have left too.

Maybe the nanny wasn't there to pick up after the dogs? Sometimes you can tell a great deal about people by the way they raise their kids and keep pets.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

And on a shallow note, Carole seems nice but her face is looking very altered.  She's reached a point where her personal style is a huge disconnect from the age her face is showing.  Not that she has to dress like a Golden Girl, but her entire look to me is very tryhard 25 yr old.  I think she needs a style reboot.

I loved or at least found interesting her modern city style her first couple of seasons. Some of her quirky vintage stuff was amusing too. She's currently so casual or dressing down to match her boyfriend's style and for a Housewife show I want more even if its silly like LuAnn's dinner gloves last season. Bethenny had more style too her first few seasons. She's buying some matchy, matchy and probably expensive stuff that's kinda of awful this season.

• Love 4
On 4/29/2016 at 0:52 PM, neatoburrito said:

Exactly! Idk if Carole even realises that she's the one who's continuing to be petty. All Luann's said about the entire situation is that she's let it go and wants to move on, whereas Carole's still taking cheap shots in her THs. Wasn't it her who said she doesn't care, she just wants Luann to be less concerned who she's sleeping with? And then she makes a tacky joke about how Luann's dates don't stay for breakfast. A hypocritical self-absorbed hag if there ever was one.

And the Countless shoots back, "At least I don't date men based on my inability to cook a meal for myself?"

• Love 1

Ok, I really refrain from disparaging other women but Bethany and Carole are total bitches. B is a one-upper, which is the worst. Carole is the worst because she has no personality of her own and just leeches of other cast members, at the moment Bethany. They both have some nerve talking about Jules' weight. If she has an eating disorder, it's shitty to bring it up. B should know this as she's an expert on eating disorders, among all other things. I have no idea why these ladies all want to fuck Carole, maybe it just doesn't translate onto the camera but her skin looks so dry and brittle, she just looks frail and that limp hair ages her. I'm sorry, but these two really got my back up this episode. Also I am NOT a John fan but B was BEYOND rude at her party, just say thanks for the apology and walk away. Over her and over Carole following her around like a puppy.

• Love 13

Alls I know is that if someone is indeed living with an ED the last thing they need is for brunch guests to gossip about it sotto voce as the person in question is standing right there, and on national television to boot. That wasn't concern, that was straight up hideous. Bethenny seems to know the word "trigger", perhaps she should consider how it may apply to others around her, too. I can only hope it was all staged and Jules was in on it. Never mind all the crappy statements about Jules's house, although that did prompt a Silex flashback and those are never a bad thing!

The Countless is not my fave but I kinda love her for showing up to the chic barbecue with a hoola hoop. That was a very Kelly Bensimon Goes To A Hamptons Party thing to do.

You know it's a mess when Ramona looks reasonable compared to everyone else.

• Love 13

I hate being addicted to this show.  Everyone's said it best but hot damn Bethenny and Carole suck, as individuals and to the power of Greyskull when they unite, and the gossiping about Jules not eating at Jules's home, in front of Jules, was just beyond.  That is Ramona Singer-level twuntery.  Be better, competitive, faux-concerned, skinny bitches!  I completely agree that they both buy into this facially insane (in both ways) idea that you can skinny your way into looking young - uh, from behind.  Maybe.  All 3 of them are extreme, even for NYC. 

Ramona leaving for Manhattan for 'date night' - ha!  Ha, I say!  I'm a mean mug and she's so horrible that I'm kind of like, if you say so.  "High school lover" anecdote aside, I think she's a fake and lonely and deservedly lonely and yes I know Mario is awful.  But still. 

How on this Earth or any other planet was John's zip-up Snoopy-style or something to critique?   Beth is reeeeaaching.  And failing.  She set up a great party and f'ed it to the summit of Everest with the attitude and even if she wanted to slam John, what about Dorinda and her other guests?  If Skinnymess isn't happy, ain't no one permitted to be happy.  I think the way to work it is to drink everything, eat everything, and keep at the far perimeter of the miserable skinny fools with mic packs sticking out of their skinny backsides. 

Jules and her husband seem happy, and he's cute and seems to take things lightly.  Good for him.  Carole talking about John like he's Quasimodo come to life in 2015 is a whole lot of nonsense from someone who looks like the "Saw" puppet.  No, ma'am.  Sorry!  No, miss. 

LuAnn was a terrible fool about the Adam situation but in her defense, if it was a situation and her niece, Nicole, felt hurt, I'm sure it was amplified by all of Cool Carole's 'I don't care' talking heads.  When you 'win' someone, you don't TH all cutely about it, that's just bitch-assed. I'm not saying Carole's a Becky, I think her hair is good and all, but you don't IG cutely after something to grind your heel into someone's pain, publicly.  That's disgusting.  I haven't read "What Remains" but the consensus has been that it's exquisitely written and shows someone with real depth.  WTF is wrong with her? 

• Love 13

1) Lost what tiny shred of respect I had left for B this episode. She is regressing and getting more childish rather than maturing and growing wiser as she gets older. Literally running away from John, "you get a lot for your money out here," the ED talk, leaving Jules' brunch so rudely after complaining the entire time - this is how a grown, strong, independent, woman behaves? Her behavior was absolutely embarrassing. She is the opposite of a role model in ANYTHING.

2) My thoughts about Carole have been summed up nicely here so no need to rehash. "buck gums" - LOL

3) Of course Ramona has a Token Gay Friend (TGF) she drags with her everywhere. As a gay man myself, these thirsty queens annoy the piss out of me. I love when the TGF's greet the other women as if they are a member of the cast themselves - and the housewife they are greeting obviously has no idea who they are. Just for the record, not all of us gay men aspire to 15 seconds of fame on a HW's show!!  Thought it was hilarious how Ramona just abandoned her TGF at that shitshow of a party to rush off to her date! Boy BYE.

4) I'm liking Jules so far. She is flawed, but seems aware of her flaws. Hoping she stands up to B this season - what does Jules have to lose? She's got a great life and seems very happy. Funny how the other women call her "innocent" and "wide-eyed" and "too nice" (paraphrasing, but that's the sentiment) - ummmm, maybe Jules is just HAPPY -- something not one of the other hw's seems to be? Beth most of all!!

Edited by HelloOutThere
because 4 follows 3, not 5
  • Love 12

Mark my words, Bethenny creates a scorched earth path with everyone: her staff, her friends, her men, her family, her castmates, etc ad nauseum. Not for a hot NY minute do I believe she and Andy are friends. Andy will one day get the treatment she gives everyone else, and we PTVers, will see his wrath in editing. This is only a matter of time. She treats everyone this way and he will be no different. Maybe she has done it already and she's on her way thru Andy's wrath because last night was a pretty bad Bethenny edit.

B's BBQ was so disjointed and done with the precision and warmth of an autopsy. The Willy Wonka HUGE red gates let you in, logo booze upon arrival, and then a chef (B) hires a fucking FOOD TRUCK to feed her guests...and the food is in front of the house while the party is in the back of the house. How disjointed. And how much do you want to bet there was no traipsing through The Breakers Mansion for any reason, this was an outdoor party only. Want a food refill or a nosh? Hike up front to the food truck (again, she's a CHEF right?) fix a plate, and hike back. That's one way to not overeat Bethenny, I see you! Some party. 

As far as Carole, there she was sitting on the picnic table her ass where someone food will go! She is so thirsty it's not even funny. The man bun chef is taking advantage of that IMHO he'll be gone when she is off TV and he isn't in a spotlight anymore. Her thirstiness promotes him, conveniently on TV.

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, glowlights said:

Alls I know is that if someone is indeed living with an ED the last thing they need is for brunch guests to gossip about it sotto voce as the person in question is standing right there, and on national television to boot. That wasn't concern, that was straight up hideous. Bethenny seems to know the word "trigger", perhaps she should consider how it may apply to others around her, too. I can only hope it was all staged and Jules was in on it. Never mind all the crappy statements about Jules's house, although that did prompt a Silex flashback and those are never a bad thing!

The Countless is not my fave but I kinda love her for showing up to the chic barbecue with a hoola hoop. That was a very Kelly Bensimon Goes To A Hamptons Party thing to do.

You know it's a mess when Ramona looks reasonable compared to everyone else.

Carole was way more tolerable when she was Heather's bff. She and Beth acting like they were the mean girls in a Laguna Beach episode at Jules brunch was not a cute look.  Although I still cringe every time I hear her tag line, I'm warming up a little bit to Jules. The kids are a bit unruly, but her husband doesn't seem too obnoxious.  The show needs more Ramona and Sonja please.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

And how much do you want to bet there was no traipsing through The Breakers Mansion for any reason, this was an outdoor party only. Want a food refill or a nosh? Hike up front to the food truck (again, she's a CHEF right?) fix a plate, and hike back.

Where is Lisa Vanderpump to walk a llama right through a bitch's house when you need her?!

• Love 18
17 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get Carole.  She's angry at Lu because of what she said about Adam.  But she knows she won't last with Adam.  Is Adam the love of Carole's life or is he a guy she's hooking up with?  

I think it's somewhere inbetween. At first they were just having fun, but then it ended up lasting a lot longer and getting more serious. Maybe she didn't fully understand Adam's plans for the future when they first started dating. Maybe he didn't know himself. I think the only reason she predicts it won't last is because he wants kids some day. But who knows? Maybe he'll realize he loves her so much he's willing to give that up for her? Either way, whether they will last or not is no reason for LuAnn to make vulgar comments about their age difference and liken Carole to a pedophile. 

16 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

At least he showed up, that, IMO, shows more character than staying home. If he DIDN'T come to the party, Bethanny would have had a field day

MMV, but I really don't agree with this. I think the issue with John being there was that it was SO soon after his blow up where he insulted her business. She was still livid and would have preferred to avoid him altogether, so as not to make a scene. I think if he had stayed home she would have been relieved and able to spend more time with Dorinda. But I do think that since he came, she should have just said hello and settled things immediately, so the rest of the party wouldn't have been so akward.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

And the cntless shoots back, "At least I don't date men based on my inability to cook a meal for myself?"

That sounds like an awesome reason to date somebody!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bagatelle said:

She must like it because here she is, sleeveless. She is showing off those arms.  Many who are ashamed of their skinniness like to hide it with clothes, but Jules is advertising it.

But not all people with eating disorders ARE ashamed of their skinniness. And, when dealing with body dysmorphia, you don't always realize just how thin you look. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, One More Time said:

Congratulations Bethenny--you have officially become Jill Zarin with your snobbery and elitism.  I'm sure at this point that the wolves who raised you are embarrassed at your lack of civility.  You are so bitter about your life you have to attack everything everyone else has.  I was mortified for you. 

Please see a proctologist soon as you need to have Carol removed from your upper colon.

I think Bethenny is probably a miserable person who isn't comfortable in her own skin.   She can't just be, she always has to analyze everything, she always has to be "on" and that must be exhausting for her and everybody around her.

I think Carole wants to be a mean girl; I don't think she is naturally but I think she wants to be that person.  Last season LuAnn said something very nasty to her about Adam and his age, it was something like, "well if you had kids you'd understand how I feel," or something like that.  To me that was mean because it could have been that Carole wanted to have a child with her husband, but that never happened because of his illness.  Of all the things LuAnn said to Carole, I thought that was the nastiest.  So now Carole feels all powerful because Bethenny's her friend and they're all scared of Bethenny because Andy Cohen loves her for some strange reason. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think it's somewhere inbetween. At first they were just having fun, but then it ended up lasting a lot longer and getting more serious. Maybe she didn't fully understand Adam's plans for the future when they first started dating. Maybe he didn't know himself. I think the only reason she predicts it won't last is because he wants kids some day. But who knows? Maybe he'll realize he loves her so much he's willing to give that up for her? Either way, whether they will last or not is no reason for LuAnn to make vulgar comments about their age difference and liken Carole to a pedophile. 

Having been in a May-September relationship for 13 years, I heard and had to put up with shit all the time. Carole isn't in the relationship for anything but a story - something to jot down in her 'journal' to write about later on. You never really give up any of your dreams, You put them aside until the time is right or you become too old to realize them - if you are looking to have a family, you start by getting a job that has structure and you are guaranteed a paycheck, not cooking breakfasts for people with strange eating habits?

• Love 3

Am I wrong or didn't LuAnn de Lessps sleep with a Johnny Depp pirate caricature on St. Barts and also had sex outside on a lawn chair at Turks and Caicos with a man that she knew was married? Doesn't that automatically disqualify her from being shocked and angered when Carole and Adam started dating? What does it matter if Adam dated Luann's niece or not?  As far as I know they were not together when Carole started to date Adam, maybe that would have been a different matter, but he wasn't with her niece at the time. It seems as though LuAnn was 'all uncool' with Carole when she angry and had objections to them 'fucking' (her words) when that's exactly what she herself did with a married man, at least one we know of was definitely married?

LuAnn may have made a great effort to smooth things over with Carole but it ended disastrously because of the way she did it. If she had only done things the right way, she may have persuaded Carole to try to salvage some type of amicable friendship. If she took her aside and admitted to being a total bitch to her regarding Adam and that she was very sorry and wouldn't do that again and go enjoy life.....(breath).....then maybe Carole wouldn't have immediately turned her away.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, DelicateDee said:

No, it was incumbent on Dorinda & John to greet Bethenny first when entering her home (or property) for HER birthday gathering.  Then John should have made an immediate attempt to apologize for his brutish behavior the other night.  That's just good old fashion manners.   So it was J & D that made it awkward, not B.   I wonder if he would have approached her like he did if Bethenny had a man beside her that night?  I don't think so.  Then he had the nerve to try to attempt a generic non apology  apology and when B tried to get him to acknowledge what he should actually be apologizing for, he gets all defensive - like WTH!  Well, I thought she was more gracious than she had to be by realizing that they weren't going to see eye to eye and walked away determined to not let his presence ruin the event for her or Dorinda.  Other than that, I enjoyed the episode.  Compared to the Bev.  Hills crowd, this BBQ felt so much more real.  

We'll agree to disagree, because from where I was sitting, Bethenny's strategic buzzing hostess/whirling dervish shtick meant she never allowed John the opportunity to get close enough to her to offer even an initial "hello." She stalked by him and simply wasn't having it until the very last minute, and after numerous--noted--clumsy attempts from John to get some quiet time with her. This was a shitty power play,. and she knew exactly what she was doing.

Whether I want you in my home or not, it's MY responsibility from the onset as a hostess to put on my big girl pants and at least acknowledge your existence as soon as you arrive. Maybe I'll say, "I'm going to have to ask you to leave" if your presence is truly that offensive, but since I suspect with filming/production manipulation she had little choice in him being there, the onus was on Beth to accept the hand she was dealt as graciously as possible and get their "confrontation" for the cameras over with. The whole incident could have been a lot less excruciating and drawn-out--but maybe she figured it wouldn't have made as good TV.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, izabella said:

Which means she doesn't even have a pool.  Hamptons house, no beach, no pool.  Enjoy your "status" location, Bethy.

Bethenny does have a pool, because I was thinking it would be a pretty awesome house for a pool party. I love the outside with the bar and fire pits. Jules's house looked cool and I would be down for an indoor pool. It would make a kickass Airbnb but I question why a couple with small children would be putting a pool in the house. It's like double the drowning opportunities! I hope the nanny stays on her toes.

• Love 5

I'm honestly surprised anyone could fit in the door of Jules' gigantic house with the amount of space taken up by Bethenny's massive ego, which hovered like a black cloud wherever she went.  I've been a fan of hers for 8 years now and will always appreciate her wit, but I can no longer stand that smug, arrogant, hateful bitch.  She has zero shame while parading around as the narcissist who feels compelled to weigh in on the lives of all.  She may need to micromanage every detail of her own life, but the girl needs to take a break - maybe pop a Xanax or two, before going out socially and taking on the burden of giving everyone feedback on how they look, what they do and where they live.

Hey, Bethenny - nobody asked. Shut the hell up,

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 19
18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

But he did try to acknowledge her on more than one occasion and she straight up ignored him and walked away from him without returning so much as a glance at him. Then after awhile avoiding him she was a total ass when confronting him about wanting to talk and would not accept his apology because he wouldn't rehash in detail the insults from the party, he acknowledged he went after her and was out of line but that wasn't good enough for her.

However, the absolute worst was that she told them she wiped the slate clean but continued (in a rude and haughty manner) but continued to be in asshole to him at Jules house. She doesn't have to pretend to like him but being civil isn't hard, she walked past him in a way that would be rude if he was the random doorman in a hotel. A hello or good morning is apparently to difficult for her! 

I liked John's pullover it seemed very fall and perfect for the day, it's not like he showed up in costume and the fact that she butcher about it illustrated she is a petty ass.

By the time John half heartedly (after more pushing from Dorinda) tried to speak with Bethenny, the awkwardness was already set in stone. The time to address the issue, IMO, was as soon as they all came in. John, upon entering, hung back with a weird disengenious smile on his face and set the tone for the interaction IMO. He should have apologized straight out of the gate, but it was obvious he didn't want to apologize. Walking in to the party, he called it "the Devil's pit". I wouldn't want his sweaty, misshapen ass at my birthday party, either.

• Love 5

I'm late because I am just watching this episode now. I think John was told to go to the party by the producers - he didn't look like he wanted to be there at all and Bethenny clearly didn't want him there. I don't dislike John - he's intense, but I don't think he's a bad person. I do think Bethenny could have at least greeted him with a wave, hey, what's up, and let that be it instead of running away every time he was around. The party was just so unbelievably awkward because Bethenny let it be that way. He apologized 2-3 times and said he didn't want to rehash it at her birthday, but no, that wasn't good enough. Sometimes, you just gotta let it go. I think she should have let it go for Dorinda's sake because I truly think Dorinda was torn up about the fight between the man she loves and a friend she seems to be fond of.

• Love 7

How does someone, like, Jules, who eats very little, seemingly have so much energy?  I mean, I go six hours during the day without eating and I'm ready to rip someone's head off!

I'll be interested to see how the talk goes between Jules and bethenney.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Zizzlezazzle said:

We'll agree to disagree, because from where I was sitting, Bethenny's strategic buzzing hostess/whirling dervish shtick meant she never allowed John the opportunity to get close enough to her to offer even an initial "hello." She stalked by him and simply wasn't having it until the very last minute, and after numerous--noted--clumsy attempts from John to get some quiet time with her. This was a shitty power play,. and she knew exactly what she was doing.

Whether I want you in my home or not, it's MY responsibility from the onset as a hostess to put on my big girl pants and at least acknowledge your existence as soon as you arrive. Maybe I'll say, "I'm going to have to ask you to leave" if your presence is truly that offensive, but since I suspect with filming/production manipulation she had little choice in him being there, the onus was on Beth to accept the hand she was dealt as graciously as possible and get their "confrontation" for the cameras over with. The whole incident could have been a lot less excruciating and drawn-out--but maybe she figured it wouldn't have made as good TV.

I'm completely agreeing with you on this one. I don't believe for a minute that Bethenny was surprised that John accompanied Dorinda to her party. John and Dorinda were house-guests of Jules and Michael and had arrived the day before the BBQ and spend that night and also the night of the BBQ as well.  Was John supposed to stay alone at Jules and Michael's home while Dorinda left with them for the BBQ at Bethenny's? I think that would have been unrealistic and unreasonable to ask of Dorinda.

We all watched Bethenny 'whoosh' past John on several occasions without even looking at him as though he was invisible. She didn't have to embarrass him in that way. I believe that Bethenny's entire personality is based on being argumentative, confrontative and defensive. How can anyone really tolerate being with someone like that for any length of time?

There's one last thing that doesn't mean anything except that I felt a little badly for Jules when it happened. It was when Bethenny and Carole were hurriedly leaving Jules home after the brunch and apparently couldn't get out fast enough. Carole and Jules hugged and kissed on the cheek. Jules looked directly into Carole's face and smiled sweetly and said "thank you so much for coming". But, Carole was in such a rush to leave that she was already turned away and didn't bother responding. The look on Jules's face at that moment was very sad. She was trying to be gracious and sincere but those two snotty bitches couldn't appreciate a single thing Jules or Michael did for them.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Mark my words, Bethenny creates a scorched earth path with everyone: her staff, her friends, her men, her family, her castmates, etc ad nauseum. Not for a hot NY minute do I believe she and Andy are friends. Andy will one day get the treatment she gives everyone else, and we PTVers, will see his wrath in editing. This is only a matter of time. She treats everyone this way and he will be no different. Maybe she has done it already and she's on her way thru Andy's wrath because last night was a pretty bad Bethenny edit.

She was less a than and gracious guest her last WWHL visit so I think you're on the nose here.

• Love 7

John is at the mercy of the producers. You can be sure they liquored him up and fed him stories of how Bethenny was trying to break them up. So he came in hot and said some thing that many people who watch the show believe. He had no choice about going to that abortion of a barbeque. He was contractually obligated. Or at least Dorinda was and he had to go along. Do you think Jules's husband wanted to be there. He seems like a normal guy and he seems to like John just fine.

Dorinda was appalled because she knows that Bethenny can have her fired like she did to Heather and Kristen. So she demanded that he apologize. Which he tried to do but Bethenny wouldn't let him get a word in because I guess she wanted the apology to last as long as her divorce. 

As a fat misshapen sweaty guy from the outer boroughs I hope Carole falls off that hipsters bike and falls through a sewer grate so she can commune with her fellow rat faced finks.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, shoegal said:

It would make a kickass Airbnb but I question why a couple with small children would be putting a pool in the house. It's like double the drowning opportunities! I hope the nanny stays on her toes.

Yeah, an indoor pool with young children would be way more trouble than it was worth, for me at least.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Well the obvious answer is that they will be old children by the time the pool is built. 

Leave it empty, that way they can practice diving and water safety before they fill it?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, neatoburrito said:

From what Carole said in her blog this week, Luann kept up with the nasty twitter name calling until a week or so before filming began this season and that is why she wants no parts of Luann or any fake apology from her.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, One More Time said:

Yeah, an indoor pool with young children would be way more trouble than it was worth, for me at least.

They make the home REALLY hard to sell and I think more to insure. One of my clients (that I house sit/ dog groom for) has an indoor pool. They can be very elegant and give the home a certain air though. Their pool room  is very Italian mosaic and marble villa style. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

That looks like Caitlyn Jenners less attractive older hypothetical sister. 

Welp now I know never to try "microneedling" wtf that is.

(also I just gave like 30 or more 'likes' to y'all but this construction/upgrade ain't saving them. So feel the virtual luv). 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 5

This is my first post on this message board!  Hello, all!

Down to business.  Bethenny is insufferable this season.  Wow.  Mean, horrible, inexcusable.  I have no respect for her anymore.  I cannot stand her behavior toward others.  I don't like meanness. It's not cute and it's not funny.  

Jules seems likable overall so far.  Her husband seems nice and normal.  (Who cares that he's short, Bethenny, something she had to joke about!?)  

Carole is dreadful.  Her worst season yet, as is true with Bethenny.  I'm over both of them.

Lulu seems a little sad this season.  Her confidence is down.  I want the old Lulu back.  She seems a little lost.

Hope to see more of crazy Ramona and Sonja.  I like Dorinda okay, too.  

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, RabbiBeth said:

This is my first post on this message board!  Hello, all!

Down to business.  Bethenny is insufferable this season.  Wow.  Mean, horrible, inexcusable.  I have no respect for her anymore.  I cannot stand her behavior toward others.  I don't like meanness. It's not cute and it's not funny.  

Jules seems likable overall so far.  Her husband seems nice and normal.  (Who cares that he's short, Bethenny, something she had to joke about!?)  

Carole is dreadful.  Her worst season yet, as is true with Bethenny.  I'm over both of them.

Lulu seems a little sad this season.  Her confidence is down.  I want the old Lulu back.  She seems a little lost.

Hope to see more of crazy Ramona and Sonja.  I like Dorinda okay, too.  

Welcome 'first poster' RabbiBeth. There's a great bunch of intelligent, witty and insightful forum members here. I hope you're going to enjoy slinging the shade and snarking the snark with all of us. It's always good to see someone who likes to share their point of view even though sometimes their viewpoint may be different than others and that's very often a good thing. It gives us a different perspective on the episodes.

Welcome again and enjoy the forums.

HumblePi

• Love 8

As some others have already stated, the birthday party was a production event.  Doris said in her blog that John was definitely invited.  And IMO, Beth was thrilled that he showed up so she could have 'drama' time for her package and go 'all Beth' on him.  In the real world, if she was so upset, she could have called Doris and ask her not to bring John.  

As far as etiquette goes, the host should be on the lookout for guests arriving.  The host should approach new guests as soon as she sees them and greet them. 

The reason why the catering truck was in the front yard is because the backyard is all pool and patio plus the 'special' shed.  It only 'looks' big in the backyard because the back of the property is next to protected land.  Bryn's swing and playhouse are in the front yard.

I know two families who have indoor pools.  They're actually great to have in the wintertime if you live in a cold climate.  However, they can't be opened to the living space.  That's just too damn dangerous.  They have to be separated and locked off.  It disturbed me when Jules' husband had that wall knocked out.  I hope they're putting something there.  At the very least glass walls or french doors with a good key only double lock.

• Love 7

I'm back, after making some bad wording decisions. Phew, that was torture. In any case, I'm not sure what is going on this season, but it is SO MUCH BETTER than the horrible housewives of BH. I didn't even bother watching the 2nd reunion, it's just so banal. 

Did anyone catch the recent article in "In Touch" about Jules? It's like 4 pages that talked about how Jules husband made his money through investing in the porn industry, pornhub or something. I'm sure he invests in tons of stuff that he doesn't care personally about, but apparently this is like a major deal to some people. He made a fortune off online porn. 

I can't help but think that if Carol were happy in her relationship she wouldn't be so mean. The way she looks at Luann, with pure hatred and disdain, is bullying, imo. She makes it so obvious she can't stand LuAnn, that it actually makes me feel sorry for LuAnn. When LuAnn was telling Bethanny that she hopes she can get to a place with Carol where they are friends, I was like, "RIIIIGHT. That is NEVER going to happen." When I met my husband, I fell in love, and everyone around me told me that I seemed happier and more outgoing and comfortable. However, I've been in bad relationships where I was miserable to people around me because I was so unhappy. Who knows though.

Interesting that in the clips for next week Bethanny asks Jules about and ED and then starts crying about her issues. Way for Bethanny to make Jules problem all about her. The way that Jules was looking at her when she started crying was like, "I'm not buying this."

• Love 9