Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Man Of The House

• Start Topic

I know child support is based on each parent's income AND time spent with each parent, but Chelsea's income is probably 3 times (or more) what Adam's is. I do think he should be paying his fair share, but I'm wondering how someone like Amber, who makes way more than Gary, is allowed to just skate by without paying anything, and Adam gets chastised by everyone for not paying his fair share. Or Janelle- how much is she actually paying to Barb, and eventually Nathan?

Clearly you missed the various posts where we discussed Amber not paying CS and how wrong she was for not paying. All of that discussion took place on the Teen Mom threads.

Amber and Gary reached a mutual agreement about the CS she owes.Janelle was paying but Barb requested it be stopped. That discussion took place in Jenelle's thread and the episode threads.

Adam is being mentioned because it is a current topic that is happening on the show. Chelsea and Randy mentioned Adam only paying the bare minimum.

• Love 3

In case anyone hasn't read it yet, take a look at the note above about the forums being down most of Tuesday. It's pinned to the top of every forum and yet I still barely saw it so thought I'd call it out.

Adam was in a Twitter feud with Randy recently because Chelsea wants his child support raised to $900 a month.

Ugh for a grown and apparently otherwise intelligent man I can't believe all the Twitter garbage Randy gets into. Edited by NikSac
  • Love 10

Randy is SO immature on twitter. And really any time Adam is involved. He acts more like Chelsey than her father at those times. I get wanting to defend your kid, and Adam really put her through a lot. But engaging in "look at what Adam said, he sux soOoOoOo much!" is just sad. I don't know if I would go to that dentist.

• Love 9

I know! Why were we not consulted on the day? :)

It'd even argue that he acts like Chelsea about 10 years ago. Not that we 'knew' her then but early teen years seems about right.

I agree. Chelsea is more restrained and demonstrates more maturity when someone tries to engage her in a Twitter war (i.e. she ignores it) while Randy jumps right in the fray. He's normally so practical I don't get this side of him.

• Love 3

In case anyone hasn't read it yet, take a look at the note above about the forums being down most of Tuesday. It's pinned to the top of every forum and yet I still barely saw it so thought I'd call it out.

In related news, I am going to get so much work done at my job tomorrow.

• Love 9

While I think Leah and Corey should have known better to talk about the custody around Ali....who should have absolutely known better is the gosh darn social worker.  Don't bring up custody or family court issues when the child is in the room.  

Knowing what a mess that Kail and Javi are now..,I have a hard time caring about him leaving for deployment, but damn...watching Isaac still broke my heart.  Poor kid.  

Jenelle is such a mess that she makes Nathan look decent.  Jenelle goes from "I don't want to use my son" to totally using her son.  

Chelsea.  Love ya, but Aubree will only care what her last name is...if you make her care.  She knows she is loved by you and Cole and that is all that matters.  

• Love 6

I just feel so bad for Isaac because of all of these promises and "man of the house" pressure. Not because of the deployment but because of the impending divorce! Poor baby... all those pinky promises. Ugh it seemed like a lot.

That was in NO way helpful. Adults think that's a cutesy thing to say to a little boy. Isaac doesn't realize that. They message that they're giving him is that the happiness and well-being of his mom and brother are his responsibility and if they're not happy, then it's his fault. Isaac is an extremely sensitive kid as it is. I can't believe MTV picked that as the title of the episode.

• Love 11

Damn it, that "Goodbye Javi" video made me cry. Stupid heart. You're supposed to be made of stone and smelly evil!

You weren't the only one! Isaac crying breaks my heart everytime.

Why is the roll always in daycare? Jenelle does not work. As usual Jenelle gets together with someone, in this case Nathan, to talk about a child issue and it ends up making the conversation about her and putting on a big act crying about her legal issues.

I hope the child custody arrangement doesn't change between Leah and Cory.

Chelsea's nose looked black in the first scene. Too much tanner?

• Love 2

Dave looks like an artist rendition of what early man would look like.

Wow! I am always in the area where Kail and Javi's hotel is located (my favorite cupcake shop is 2 blocks away).

Good Lord, the aftershow is just on big clusterfuck of enabling.

• Love 10

Leah has her shit together, y'all. Her recollection of events is interesting.

David: Possible Felon. He wasn't convicted, dude.

Adam bought bunk beds. Hasn't he paid enough?

Poor Isaac.

• Love 6

I did like the host of The After Show throwing some shade at Amber when she wouldn't even let her ask Jenelle about her creepy man being all trashy to Jenelle on the tweeter.  

Farrah doesn't even look like a person anymore.  

• Love 4

Leah's house was a hot mess!!

On the after show when the host asked Kail right off the bat, do you want to talk about it (or whatever she said) I told my husband, who wasn't paying much attention) well no, she's upset to which he replied "Monkey!"

• Love 9

Why is the roll always in daycare? Jenelle does not work.

Filming TM2 IS her work!

Jenelle looked the prettiest she's ever looked today. Make-up, painted eyebrows, long dark hair, nice fitting clothes, even manicured nails - all to go meet with nathan.

And then her damsel-in-distress act. Puh-leeze! And nathan fell for it!?

• Love 4

Jennelle's entire segment was about her meeting up with Nathan for visitation. What was that about, editors?! I know she has more interesting stuff to film....oh wait no she doesn't. Her life revolves around Nathan whether she wants to admit it or not.

Kail has a tone in her voice where she sounds so mean and callous but I doubt she means that. Her "I love yous" are so blunt and monotone. Oh, and she has a ton of friends, I wonder how...

Whoa, when Ali fell off that swing, it really hit me that she does have MD. She couldn't steady herself and just went straight back. Poor darling :/

Chelsea...I dunno what to say about her...

• Love 4

This might be a dumb question, but here it goes. ..

When did Aubree's last name become Lind? Im sure that when she was born she was referred to as Baby Houska at the hospital. Was it when Chelsea named Adam as the father in the birth certificate?Because I'm surprised she even did THAT, being that they were on very bad terms AND she was getting a lot of advice from randy.

• Love 1

Why is the roll always in daycare? Jenelle does not work.

I haven't even seen the episode yet (damned time zones!), but I'm happy to hear he's mostly in daycare. That is probably so much healthier for him.

• Love 4

Just watched the name change discussion.  Chelsea was bothered by the fact that when they married and if they had a child all their names would be the same and Aubree would be the only one different, so she wanted to ask her lawyer about what the process would be to hyphenate Aubree's last name so it would be their last name hyphenated with her dad's last name.  The lawyer said they would have a better case for that if they waited until after they had kids.

I really took offense to Adumb's conversation where he was complaining that he is basically paying double [child support].  Duh!  Maybe you should put a raincoat on before you  take a walk in the rain. 

I still think Jenelle's ex, Nathan, is a big time roid user.  Though, he did really seem to be restraining himself in this weeks scenes. (then again, so did she)

• Love 4

Filming TM2 IS her work!Jenelle looked the prettiest she's ever looked today. Make-up, painted eyebrows, long dark hair, nice fitting clothes, even manicured nails - all to go meet with nathan.

And then her damsel-in-distress act. Puh-leeze! And nathan fell for it!?

Jenelle and Chelsea both looked like they had makeovers. Both toned down and much prettier.

• Love 1

I was wondering why Nathan sat back down rather than just telling Janelle he would see her in court. She really is being a total beyotch about not letting him see Kaiser. He seems to have some interest in the kid that is genuine, but who really knows.

• Love 4

When Janelle started crying at her meeting with Nathan, I was kinda shocked. It was something about the Roll and Christmas, and it was the first time I've ever seen her get emotional about either of her kids, or the struggle over custody. But no - false alarm - it was about her!! She was scared and upset about the pending felony charge. She truly only cares about herself. I should have known better.

• Love 10

The name change was a much more normal deal than I thought it would be. Hyphenating is different.

Adam is useless.

Tbh, if my husband had acted so callously to me during a painful, devastating miscarriage and trip to the hospital, I'd probably be like, "yeah, bye" a tad if he was headed out for a (non-dangerous) deployment too. She still did a lot for him, but man, he's cold underneath that family man exterior.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 8

Adam not understanding how child support works is hilarious, he does live up to his forum nickname here, doesn't he? Also love his fathering quota is filled because he got some bunk beds. 

Janelle's boyfriend was scary tonight, "you're with me now!" if someone talked to me like the way he was talking to her.. I mean, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 

Watching Ali fall hit close to home because of my own personal experience with a  disability in my life that has traits like MD but isn't as severe but it has traits that mimic MD at times. Muscular disabilities are awful. 

Javi seems kind of closed off. I don't know. I've never liked the guy, something has always felt odd for him. 

Chelsea's dog is so tall when he sits up on the couch. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 7

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder" said Kail to her friends about Javi. When did we hear those same words being said? Oh yes, Suzy said those words about Kail.

The more Kail thinks she is nothing like her mother, she proves otherwise.

I did not cry when Isaac was shown crying. I was furious because that poor boy has been put through so much. He has grown attached to a guy who is going away because Hulk wanted him to be in the military. Now, Isaac may lose him even more because his mother may divorce him.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 3

Ah. Well, then, yes, there's no reason for her last name to be Lind. Chelsea is her full time parent.

I am my daughters 'full time' parent and they have a different last name than I do. I, like Chelsea, also have a loser ex who barely sees them or does much to support them. However, also like Chelsea, I once thought he was great and had two kids with him and since we were married they had his last name. After I left I couldn't change their last name just bc I had finally seen the light and realized how awful he was. What was done was done, they had their names. I can't rewrite history. I am remarried to someone who is more of a dad to them than my ex ever has been but they don't share a name and honestly it doesn't even factor. We have a child together so they have a different last name than their brother but no emphasis is put on it, they know we're family. If one day my husband can adopt them than we would change their name or if when they become of legal age and want to change it than that's their decision. To just try and erase the child's identity is pretty harsh, especially since she's old enough to know her last name.

• Love 4

At one point, Adam's name was taken off the birth certificate. During Chelsea's original episode after Adam called Aubree a mistake- which, one day Aubree will probably see that Adam- Chelsea and her friend Megan went with Randy to get his name taken off. This happened. I swear it was not a fever dream I had. 

• Love 2

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder" said Kail to her friends about Javi. When did we hear those same words being said? Oh yes, Suzy said those words about Kail.

The more Kail thinks she is nothing like her mother, she proves otherwise.

I did not cry when Isaac was shown crying. I was furious because that poor boy has been put through so much. He has grown attached to a guy who is going away because Hulk wanted him to be in the military. Now, Isaac may lose him even more because his mother may divorce him.

Yeah, but Javi is patently a jerk-- he deserves to be divorced. They never should have married to begin with, I don't think there was real love there.

• Love 3

My point is not that she should have Cole's last name but that she should have Chelsea's. Adam is her legal birth father, but Chelsea is her legal birth MOTHER and is no less her parent than Adam (actually much more). The practice of giving a child their father's name instead of their mother's is outdated and sexist anyway, especially when the parents are not even married and Chelsea has raised her since birth. Adam had no interest in her and does not have primary custody, or any custody, for that matter, besides visitation.

I don't know what they're trying to change it to, but there is literally no reason her name should be Lind instead of Houska except for the fact that Adam has a penis. That's literally it. I didn't say, there's no reason for her not to have Cole's name. The fact that Chelsea has a uterus should not determine whether or not her own daughter can have her name. Chelsea is her parent as much as (and again, more than, but for the sake of argument) Adam is. If nothing else, there's no reason she shouldn't have a hyphenated name. Parents are 100% equal by nature--and Adam actually chose to be LESS than equal, but even if we're not going there, there's no reason besides sexism to give her only her dad's name. If she wants to change it to Houska, what difference does it make except that she has her other equal parent's name?

Chelsea is the one that picked Aubree's last name though. No one forced her to put Lind on the birth certificate just bc Adam had a penis. She wanted her daughter to have the same last name as her dad and that's what she got. Seeing as Adam was so uninvolved she absolutely could have put whatever she wanted as her last name, including her own. She made her decision and it would be unfair to Aubree to change it now.

• Love 3

Chelsea is the one that picked Aubree's last name though. No one forced her to put Lind on the birth certificate just bc Adam had a penis. She wanted her daughter to have the same last name as her dad and that's what she got. Seeing as Adam was so uninvolved she absolutely could have put whatever she wanted as her last name, including her own. She made her decision and it would be unfair to Aubree to change it now.

She's just trying to hyphenate it, not change it. Honestly, knowing that after the episode, I feel even less like this is a big deal. It's adding a name legally to reflect all of her parents in case Aubree feels left out. It's not erasing anything at all. Adam's name would still be included.

Also, she's a 6 year old who can barely read and write. I hardly think a hyphen with her mother and stepfather's last name added to her father's, which she may or may not even choose to use when she writes it on school papers and such, would be traumatizing or unfair. This is a non-story because Chelsea's life is so undramatic.

For all we know she is already confused because she doesn't have the name of the people who actually take care of her and see her daily. They might even ask Aubree what she wants first. Chelsea hardly seems pushy to me. If Aubree hadn't liked Cole I think Chelsea would have stopped dating him immediately.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 3

Ali looks exactly like Jeff with hair. Leah, why would Corey be mad that you are supposedly getting yourself together? He worries about his children every time they're in your care. It's in his best interest that you're healthy. And get the glass on your phone fixed.

I gasped when Ali hit her head.

Lincoln doesn't give a shit about anything and I love him for it. The looks he gives Isaac when he gets emotional are hilarious.

The teen momses and dadses on these shows have so many freaking animals, I can't keep up.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 2

Hyphenating the name isn't a bad idea. I understand why Chelsea wouldn't want Aubree to feel like the outsider when she and Cole have kids.

Javi's good-bye video was really sweet. Kail's friend GiGi is stunning. Isaac looked really stressed out. I wish they'd knocked it off with all that "man of the house" crap.

As much as it kills me to say this, Jenelle looked really pretty in tonight's episode. Dave is a psycho. That dude has so much rage simmering beneath the surface, I'd be afraid to be alone with him.

Ali's fall off the swing was scary. Thank God she was on grass and not cement. Why haven't Leah and Cory gotten the damn wheelchair fixed?

I've decided I want an entire episode dedicated to Pete the Pig. He's the cutest little nugget and always looks so happy.

• Love 5

Hyphenating the name isn't a bad idea. I understand why Chelsea wouldn't want Aubree to feel like the outsider when she and Cole have kids.

Javi's good-bye video was really sweet. Kail's friend GiGi is stunning. Isaac looked really stressed out. I wish they'd knocked it off with all that "man of the house" crap.

As much as it kills me to say this, Jenelle looked really pretty in tonight's episode. Dave is a psycho. That dude has so much rage simmering beneath the surface, I'd be afraid to be alone with him.

Ali's fall off the swing was scary. Thank God she was on grass and not cement. Why haven't Leah and Cory gotten the damn wheelchair fixed?

I've decided I want an entire episode dedicated to Pete the Pig. He's the cutest little nugget and always looks so happy.

Gigi is Kail's ex.

And "why didn't they fix the damn wheelchair" was my #1 reaction to this episode.

• Love 2

She's just trying to hyphenate it, not change it. Honestly, knowing that after the episode, I feel even less like this is a big deal. It's adding a name legally to reflect all of her parents in case Aubree feels left out. It's not erasing anything at all. Adam's name would still be included.

Also, she's a 6 year old who can barely read and write. I hardly think a hyphen with her mother and stepfather's last name added to her father's, which she may or may not even choose to use when she writes it on school papers and such, would be traumatizing or unfair. This is a non-story because Chelsea's life is so undramatic.

For all we know she is already confused because she doesn't have the name of the people who actually take care of her and see her daily. They might even ask Aubree what she wants first. Chelsea hardly seems pushy to me. If Aubree hadn't liked Cole I think Chelsea would have stopped dating him immediately.

Nowadays 6 year olds know plenty when it comes to reading and writing, they have a lot more on their plates now. My kids are 8 and 9, my now husband has been involved for 6 1/2 years. He's all they know and there's no confusion about last names bc we don't make it an issue. As much as I dislike that last name bc of my ex I look at it as their name, not his. Asking a 6 year old who has been coerced into saying things against her father a multitude of times is not the same as say a 16 year old who has more maturity to make such a decision. Cole hasn't been around long enough to even discuss hyphenating with his name. What happens if they divorce? Does she have to learn a new name if Chelsea finds another husband? Kids need stability. Leave her name be and just love her and don't make her feel bad about a name that she had no say in but that her mother 100% picked.

• Love 3

Yeah, but Javi is patently a jerk-- he deserves to be divorced. They never should have married to begin with, I don't think there was real love there.

Of course, but that does not negate what I commented on. Kail is a classless twat, and because of her selfish choices, her children will likely be without their father and step-father in their lives as they were accustomed to.

Javi is a jealous guy. Where that insecurity comes from, I cannot say. Being insecure can be due to many reasons. The foundation of this marriage was rocky from the beginning. It was not at all stable. That is what happens when one marries for benefits only.

Kail was just too happy to see Javi be deployed for six months. Her conversation at the hotel was very awkward.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 3

Why are the OGs on the aftershow? Both groups are equally delusional...is it that hard to come up with material because they can't ask any honest questions and need more people to play the stupid trivia games? The bacon thing was awkward...

I just love how the prizes were centered around pampering and relaxation.

I so hope Nathan's girlfriend doesn't drop the charges. Jenelle is already screwed...I don't think I would trust any medical facility that had her on staff. It does make you wonder and want background checks on everyone now...

• Love 2

Don't you love how Jenelle gets all dolled up for her meeting with Nathan and then she unconvincingly tells creepy Uncle Dave that he can "ride" with her if he wants -- which escalated to "You're with me now!" DV charges in 6 months for this winning pair.

Earlier in the season he kept a clean house. Not anymore. Look at all the dirty dishes.

MponfM4.png

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 4

Gigi is Kail's ex.

And "why didn't they fix the damn wheelchair" was my #1 reaction to this episode.

I know... AGAIN.  Do they seriously have no one they can contact who can fix a wheelchair in 3-4 months??

• Love 1

I don't know about what it's like where Leah and Corey are but it took my friend 2 1/2 months to get his fixed because there aren't that many wheelchair technicians around.  Admittedly his was low priority (i.e. he could still use it) but maybe that could be a factor?  Even so, it shouldn't have taken this long to get a completely broken chair in for a service.  

• Love 1