Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20: Who Do You Believe?

• Start Topic

I haven't been posting recently, so my apologies if I'm repeating something that was already addressed and discussed.

My points of what stuck out to me:

Did anyone notice, what I saw was a look of glee in Eileen's eyes & spunk from Rinna when ED brought forward the news of Yo & David's divorce? I was surprised that she was not hiding her, IMO, look of glee written on her face...

The hairdresser, Faye, that Rinna refers to that started the M word conversation...is she a stylist of another housewife or close friend of the other housewives? Why was Rinna so worried her engaging in that convo would be revealed and think she would be the fall guy for the M talk...? Did she really believe if the word got out that she was "engaging" but not culpable and that no one would believe her if she defended herself by insisting she didn't start the convo? Does Rinna think people wouldnt believe her denial the way Melissa/Kathy/Jax/Caroline would never believe Theresa Guidici on RHNJ? Me thinks it was purely a storyline concocted to bring it, to keep attention on her...It just doesn't make sense to me though because her reputation for speaking the "truth" was not like someone like Theresa G or Tamra Barney from RHOC who clearly make things up & admits, in real life, it's her job to bring the drama on the show...until now!

I feel that is exactly what they all do, to a certain extent...they all talk in circles, plant seeds, playing the housewives game, but for the audience to believe that on RHBH that LVP is the only shady one, the only chess player, the only manipulator is ridiculous. Some are more skilled at this game of throwing shade...LVP, just happens to be the most shrewd and intelligent. WoFo, is a champion as well, so Rinna was correct about her initial honest comment to ED, but I can't think of one HW on this series that hasn't stepped on another. Remember season 1 Camille? She is a master. Not one of them can completely blame manipulation and editing for all the shade on these shows.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 10

I said BH for Rodeo Drive, remember mall shopping is apparently BIG with Erica and The Drive has some very high end shops that would satisfy her. West and next door is Persian Square, and area around Westwood Blvd. that has a ton of nice restaurants (and shops) easily doable for a nice lunch if she desired.

Now that might be an series episode mash up. Erica and Reza from the Shahs do the West Side!

When I go inland I'm usually looking for Basque food. Usually Chino or Bakersfield to the North for that.

Yeah, the RD area is what I meant. Part of my route was to offices in that vicinity and I hated it. People got scared and wouldn't get into the elevator with me.

I look rough, what is the big deal?

• Love 5

I don't know that Rinna can handle being so hated by the fans. She's an admitted 'people pleaser' and from the looks of the reunion, she will not come off well.  Going into the next season, she will likely be seen as the villain.

I'm really hoping the reunion doesn't turn into a group attack on LVP. I've watched all the franchises for the most part and never has a pile-on worked to pile-on-er's advantage. LVP will look and be the victim in that circumstance. Yolanda will Think she is the victim in all discussion.

I think the last OC reunion was a Vicky pile on and for the most part she didn't come out looking like the victim of a bunch of mean girls, but that had faking cancer for casseroles involved and I don't think it was any one person trying to take Vicky down.  I think last year's Vanderpump Rules reunion (not Housewives, but tangentially related) was a Stassi pile on that didn't really make people feel sorry for her, but she was horrible and that show is trashier and the participants are comfortable down in the mud, so there's less potential for backlash, and again, there wasn't one person orchestrating a takedown.  

Glendale Galleria, they have everything there and free parking, too!!!!

Glendale Galleria doesn't have much in the way of high end shopping  -- it has Target and JCPenney as 2 of its anchor stores.  They have the new-ish Bloomingdale's, but not a ton of nice stand alone stores (and I think some of the other LA area Bloomies have a better selection than the Glendale one anyway).    I think Coach might be their fanciest boutique store and these broads ain't schlepping to Glendale for a Coach purse.  There is, however, a store on level 2 by the Target that would be perfect for anyone wanting to dress like a housewife at a reunion on a budget -- they have some amazing options for tacky beaded formal wear.  If you walk across the street to the Americana there's a Tiffany's .  

• Love 4

A funny thing.  In an article posted here,  just a week ago Kim said she had been sober for 5 years (don't know date on article) but this has never happened no matter when.  Last night she said one month.  I'm gonna say 24 hours.  I think that is fair.  

• Love 10

This season was exhausting. I think the Brandi/Kim trainwreck of last season made Rinna look good in comparison and now people see her for the annoying, attention-seeking shit-stirrer that she is. I couldn't stand her last season and I can't stand her now. And Eileen is both boring and intolerable at the same time with her starting a coalition against LVP. It's just irksome. I still love Yo even though I do agree that it's enough about the illness already, and Erika was a lovely addition to the cast. I'd like to see Rinna and Eileen go though and maybe bring back Kim or Brandi? I'm sure I'll get flack for that and it'll never happen, but honestly at least the drama with Brandi and Kim was entertaining and about varied incidents. This whole season was due to Rinna and Eileen and 2 ridiculous incidents that should have been resolved within one episode. They need to make some changes or I'm over this show.

• Love 6

Glendale Galleria doesn't have much in the way of high end shopping  -- it has Target and JCPenney as 2 of its anchor stores.  They have the new-ish Bloomingdale's, but not a ton of nice stand alone stores (and I think some of the other LA area Bloomies have a better selection than the Glendale one anyway).    I think Coach might be their fanciest boutique store and these broads ain't schlepping to Glendale for a Coach purse.  There is, however, a store on level 2 by the Target that would be perfect for anyone wanting to dress like a housewife at a reunion on a budget -- they have some amazing options for tacky beaded formal wear.  If you walk across the street to the Americana there's a Tiffany

NO HW would be caught dead at the GG......

• Love 1

Lisa Rinna doesn't feel she'll have any presence at all unless she still has 'a problem with that' (whatever it was). No matter how petty or how much nobody cares to hear it, she'll push the 'big problem' in order to get any camera time. She's scraping the bottom of a barrel that was scraped dry months ago. There's no substance to any of her 'she said, he said, whoeverthefuck said' anymore. She lost me long ago when she kept beating the LisaV and Kyle involvement in the Munchhausen thing. Lisa.......WE DON'T CARE. HELLO? DO YOU HEAR US??

What dead horse will she pull out of her ass (nice imagery though) next season to beat to death while we all yawn and don't give a damn about? If Bravo thought that showing LisaR laying on the floor getting her bum hole waxed would get us interested, they're dead wrong. I got a mirror.

Well, I'm sure not interested in her actual bunghole! (Special thanks to LBJ for using that delightful term in a recently released conversation with his tailor.)

I would, however, be interested in watching Rinna in therapy about why she has had such a need to turn normal healthy lips into a pseudo bunghole on her face.

• Love 6

I was kind of shocked that Ken went so far as to call a woman a wanker on national television.  I know Americans think it just means “jerk,” but he’s not an American, and it really is much harsher than that, especially if you’re angry (as opposed to teasing).  Much worse than “dumb bitch.”  For an English man his age to call a woman that is seriously hostile.  Not quite c-word level hostile, but close enough to start a fight in a bar. You can tell that LVP is uncomfortable with some of his more recent tirades, like she doesn’t know where he’s going to take them and she hopes it’s no place bad on camera.

The contrast between Ken and Lisa is rather interesting to watch. She's so exhaustingly image conscious, while he just DGAF about anything. We've seen this multiple times now on the show. Off the top of my head, as someone else pointed out, when Ken just basically was like, "Yeah, Brandi, we ditched you" at the reunion when all the while LVP had been pretending they didn't. In instances like that, I appreciate that he just says what he thinks and doesn't care to cultivate an image for the camera. But on the flip side, we've seen him be dismissive and rude, especially to service people in previous seasons. Again, because, well he... DGAF.

• Love 5

I'm so tired of Rinna heaving those heavy sighs - like she did when saying goodbye to Kyle.  Yeah, causing trouble, bringing up shit, and trying to keep your story straight is tiring, but stop acting like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders.

I do  have a question.    Why did Rinna keep saying to Eileen "I've got to get you out of here", putting her arm around her as they were leaving Kyle's?   What Eileen going to go back in to Kyle and get mad that she didn't confront LVP?  Was she drunk?   What was that all about.

• Love 9

Well, I'm sure not interested in her actual bunghole! (Special thanks to LBJ for using that delightful term in a recently released conversation with his tailor.)

I would, however, be interested in watching Rinna in therapy about why she has had such a need to turn normal healthy lips into a pseudo bunghole on her face.

"Let's talk about the husband..."

• Love 8

So, are y'all noticing Erika stealthily trying to dethrone Vanderpump? Last week she bought a pink clutch. This week pink shoes.

Weren't they the same pumps she was wearing with her "casual" outfit at Kyle's BBQ?

Kyle looked beautiful at her party. 

I thought she looked great before her party, in the little black dress with the flat sandals.  

Yo revels in the turmoil/talk she generates in the group, go back and watch her smirking.

Yeah she's a big old bitch.

It seems like Rinna is fine with her and Eileen's friendship being ok when they disagree but she can't handle that when it goes on in another friendship.  Then it means they aren't being truthful with each other.

Kyle doesn't have an issue with LVP...as far as I'm concerned, it ends there.  Same with Erika and Yolanda.  Like shutup and leave well enough alone.  It seems like if she's offended by something then everyone has to be or she keeps explaining her position.  No one cares.  

It seems to me that she used to be fine with it until Eileen explained to her, several times and in detail, why she shouldn't be.  Eileen is a stealth shit stirrer.

Did anyone notice, what I saw was a look of glee in Eileen's eyes & spunk from Rinna when ED brought forward the news of Yo & David's divorce? I was surprised that she was not hiding her, IMO, look of glee written on her face...

Yep - absolutely.

A funny thing.  In an article posted here,  just a week ago Kim said she had been sober for 5 years (don't know date on article) but this has never happened no matter when.  Last night she said one month.  I'm gonna say 24 hours.  I think that is fair.  

I think it was People magazine from last April (coincidentally, I was just reading it while getting a pedicure yesterday, and it was so full of Kim's lies that I checked the date to try to figure out how much lying was going on :)  And I'm not defending Rinna in her conversation with Kim, but Kim started it and was definitely going to pick a fight, IMO, so she just got lucky that she came out of that conversation looking like the better person.

• Love 9

OK, I've been holding this in all season, y'all.  But this last episode...I'm done lurking.  As someone who suffers from a chronic illness (multiple sclerosis), i can attest that the phrase "But you look so good!" is the bane of anyone who suffers from chronic illness.  I know Kyle probably meant to give Yolanda a cheerful and uplifting complement, but she couldn't have been more tone deaf to Yolanda's struggles.  

It seems that none of these women have taken the time to really learn anything about Lyme, but a lot of the symptoms that affect the nervous system are largely invisible.  I have similar symptoms that no one can see, and the language that describes them somehow doesn't convey their severity.  Symptoms come and go,, ebb and flow, how you felt this morning isn't necessarily the same as you felt yesterday, the things you can manage today might not be possible tomorrow or even this evening.  I fully felt for Yolanda that she didn't have any energy to spare for another round of she said/she said/didn't say/say it first/mean it that way - I'm amazed that any grown women do.  

Parts of this season were difficult to watch just because of the lack of actual support or understanding shown among the ladies in general.  

I am so sorry to hear you have MS.  My heart to you. 

First, Yolanda does look good, even without make up so saying you look good is an honest statement.  

Go back in Yolanda's thread, start about 4 weeks ago or further and read all of the links so you will understand what is going on here.  Her Lyme doctors (in Europe) are known quacks, that is all over the internet.  There is far too much to get into here and we are all very much done with it.  Yolanda's health status is in question. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 12

NO HW would be caught dead at the GG......

Brandi and Kim might but I hope they don't count anymore as housewives.

The Americana  in Glendale isn't bad, It's almost a spitting image of The Grove on 3rd near Fairfax. The Hw's wouldn't be as offended having to slum for an hour or two.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 1

Erika and Yo agreed last night on WWHL that they met through their husbands and have known each other for about ten years - but Yo and David weren't married ten years ago so they met when Yo and David were just friends??

David, 64, revealed the identity of their millionaire cupid, Mohamed Hadid, in an interview with Haute Living Los Angeles for the July/August 2014 issue.

'Mohamed and I were friends, and we had this plan that we were going to live together. (really? live together?) I was walking around his house, and I saw all these photographs of him and her and their children. I said, "That’s your ex-wife, and I’d like to meet her." So he introduced us,' David remembered.

Yolanda's long illness was possibly one of the bigger reasons for falling out of love with each other. But, the article did have a quote from David Foster that might be a little more telling. I honestly think that David had a lot of jealousy and resentment of Yolanda for her new-found fame on RHBH.

'I was at NASCAR the other day, and a fan came up to me. I thought, "Oh, they must be Whitney fans, or Celine fans," but the women said, "We just love Yolanda!" It’s happening more and more now. These women had no idea who I was, other than as Yolanda’s husband on the show.'

Yolanda and Mohamed divorced in 2000 and Mohamed introduced Yo to David in 2005 or 2006. David Foster got his divorce from Bruce Jenner's ex-wife Linda Thompson in 2005.. I think the dates are a bit fuzzy, it's really difficult to pin down the exact year of their meeting. But I have a suspicious mind and have wondered if Yolanda wasn't the reason David and Linda Thompson divorced.

• Love 10

What stood out to me was the interaction between Mauricio and Kim.  I just watched season two, and Kim was clearly disdainful of Mauricio.  But on this episode there seemed to be very genuine affection there.  And that strangely pleased me.

• Love 23

I remember reading that now and it makes a lot of sense, HumblePi

What stood out to me was the interaction between Mauricio and Kim.  I just watched season two, and Kim was clearly disdainful of Mauricio.  But on this episode there seemed to be very genuine affection there.  And that strangely pleased me.

It was probably sincere.  Kyle and Kim are working on their relationship so it makes sense that Mauricio is working toward that with her. 

• Love 9

Except after he made the comment and LVP passed it on, Yolanda confronted the others about it Mohamed built and had a delivered a horsey house for LVP. 

Because we all know these shows are always aired in the order in which they were filmed. 

I don't think Mo and Lisa are friends anymore. 

• Love 6

Glendale Galleria, they have everything there and free parking, too!!!!

Walk across the street to The Americana at Brand and have lunch at Amici. :) I am there often.

I think the drink Yolanda was ordering was a lemoncello. Or however it's spelled. Gotta have her lemons!

• Love 4

Somehow the scene (or was it a photo? -- memory like a sieve) with Yolanda in the portable sauna made me think of when Suzanne Somers was in trouble with ABC and they made her shoot all her her scenes on the phone, in a closet.  

I would be okay with Yolanda phoning in all her scenes from the porta sauna.

(And, full disclosure, I kinda want to get one, too.)

• Love 5
OK, I've been holding this in all season, y'all.  But this last episode...I'm done lurking.  As someone who suffers from a chronic illness (multiple sclerosis), i can attest that the phrase "But you look so good!" is the bane of anyone who suffers from chronic illness.  I know Kyle probably meant to give Yolanda a cheerful and uplifting complement, but she couldn't have been more tone deaf to Yolanda's struggles.

I thought that was a joke between them, with Kyle sort of mocking it exactly for the reason you explained.  So to me it was a moment that showed Kyle's turnaround, so to speak.  It was something in the delivery that made me feel that way, but it's the finale so maybe I was subconsciously hoping for some kind of character development at that point.

• Love 3

I was kind of shocked that Ken went so far as to call a woman a wanker on national television.  I know Americans think it just means “jerk,” but he’s not an American, and it really is much harsher than that, especially if you’re angry (as opposed to teasing).  Much worse than “dumb bitch.”  For an English man his age to call a woman that is seriously hostile.  Not quite c-word level hostile, but close enough to start a fight in a bar. You can tell that LVP is uncomfortable with some of his more recent tirades, like she doesn’t know where he’s going to take them and she hopes it’s no place bad on camera.

Ken is kind of a dick.  But I won't be too harsh because I think he's got some neurological, age related issues.

I couldn't figure out that art piece, either, but I did think it was beautiful.

Mohamed painted that portrait of Gigi.  Sorry, I just can't hate the guy.

• Love 7

I feel there's some kind of deeper reason for the relationship and friendship that Lisa Vanderpump and Ken Todd have with Mohamed Hadid. When she was sitting with Yolanda, Lisa said "I don't want to be too involved in it because of my connection to Mohamed and everything". Yolanda replied "You came into my life as Mohamed's friend, your loyalty will always be to Mohamed and it should be because that's where your........"  At this point LisaV abruptly cut her off mid-sentence as if she was afraid that Yolanda would divulge something that she didn't want known.  If anyone hasn't already googled Mohamed Hadid, I think this article will explain a lot of the reasons why Lisa is such a dedicated friend to Mohamed. The bottom line is that he's extremely wealthy, like REALLY wealthy, but more than that he's powerful and has some very influential 'friends'.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/12-things-you-didnt-know-about-mohamed-hadid

I found it surprising that none of them, except for maybe Erika, had any inclination that there was trouble in Yolanda's marriage. They all seemed to be genuinely taken back by the news of their divorce. I think that Yo and David tried to allay the ruminations about their marriage being David's fault because he is usually not there and he's traveling without her. They spoke about how they haven't really been apart from each other for more than 2 weeks, David corrected Yo by saying '8 days'. I believe that David has been unfaithful to Yo for a very long time and something brought that to a head. She did say at the end that "in time, David and I are going to be great friends" which to me means that at that point in time they weren't. I don't like David Foster even a little bit. The guy is the worst kind of man, he only needs a beautiful trophy wife to satisfy his enormous ego.

I'll stick to my guns regarding my conviction that her exploded implants had a lot to do with her general malaise and incredible fatigue. The lymph nodes under her arms and under her collarbone were loaded with silicone. That's not good because it slows down the drainage of lymphatic fluid into the system making a person feel extremely fatigued. (lymphadenopathy) Since she underwent the ex-plant procedure, she claims to be feeling much better. I just think that was a huge contributor to her illness.

LisaR gets my thumbs down for just being her. She's never going to let go of anything as long as it brings even a small fragment of attention to herself. I view Lisa Rinna as the type of woman that men really don't like at all, but I can see that she has a knack for endearing herself to women that don't really know her well.

Silicone breast implants (and their rupture) do not cause fatigue/malaise!

Silicone/ruptured breast implants are not causing her fatigue and do not cause autoimmune disease or neurological disease/symptoms unless direct compression on a nerve/muscle and then just in the distribution of that nerve and/or muscle. It's not going to cause fatigue (systemic fatigue). Lymphadenopathy is not a cause of fatigue but a sign (an objective finding) and can be a sign of infection or cancer or other. In other words it is a finding that makes a person want to find the cause since it can be caused by serious disease. However with Yo, they were found to be caused by a localized site reaction to her ruptured silicone breasts from over 10 years ago.

Blockage of the flow of lymphatic fluid (by lymphadenopathy) causes lymphedema (watch my 600# life or something like that). Lymphadenopathy, which causes of a back up of lymph fluid, can be seen as swelling (edema) in the lymphatic distribution region before the "blocked" lymph node (lymphatic fluid can back up and cause swelling or can drain via another lymph node depending on where the affected node is located).

Patients with localized lymphadenopathy can be observed for three to four weeks if there is nothing else in the history and physical examination to suggest malignancy. This approach is safe and avoids unnecessary biopsies since the adenopathy will resolve or the cause will become obvious in many patients during that time. Even with "can't miss" diagnoses such as Hodgkin lymphoma, head and neck cancer, or tuberculosis, the window of opportunity for effective treatment is likely to remain open during this period of observation. Biopsy is appropriate if an abnormal node has not resolved after four weeks and should be performed promptly in patients with other findings suggesting malignancy (eg, rapid increase in size of the node; systemic complaints of fever, night sweats, weight loss). 

Empiric antibiotics — Empiric treatment of unexplained lymphadenopathy with antibiotics is not useful, because there are too many possible non-bacterial causes of lymphadenopathy that cannot be distinguished on clinical grounds alone.

I have some hard lymph nodes in my neck (you have to press firmly on them to feel them) from acne as a youth. 

I so tired of the misinformation on silicone breast implants! People really should check out the following rather than rely on the false hysteria from decades ago!

http://www.nap.edu/read/9602/chapter/1

Correlation does not equal causation!

• Love 10

I feel there's some kind of deeper reason for the relationship and friendship that Lisa Vanderpump and Ken Todd have with Mohamed Hadid. When she was sitting with Yolanda, Lisa said "I don't want to be too involved in it because of my connection to Mohamed and everything". Yolanda replied "You came into my life as Mohamed's friend, your loyalty will always be to Mohamed and it should be because that's where your........"  At this point LisaV abruptly cut her off mid-sentence as if she was afraid that Yolanda would divulge something that she didn't want known.  If anyone hasn't already googled Mohamed Hadid, I think this article will explain a lot of the reasons why Lisa is such a dedicated friend to Mohamed. The bottom line is that he's extremely wealthy, like REALLY wealthy, but more than that he's powerful and has some very influential 'friends'.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/12-things-you-didnt-know-about-mohamed-hadid

That Bravo link leads to photos at House of Hadid. It appears that Mohamed has many talents and was quite the hunk at one time.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/HouseOfHadid/

• Love 3

^ damn straight! I have one of those " calm down, it's really not that serious" type husbands. It sucks! I'm enrolling him in the Ken Todd school of husband outrage ASAP .

If all of the husbands acted like Ken it'd turn into RHONJ. Does anyone really think that would be good? Ken's aggression is BAD BAD BAD.
  • Love 5

Walk across the street to The Americana at Brand and have lunch at Amici. :) I am there often.

I think the drink Yolanda was ordering was a lemoncello. Or however it's spelled. Gotta have her lemons!

While you are there pick up a 1/4 loaf or a 1/2 loaf of Levain from Le Pain Quotidien. It's a huge loaf of naturally fermented bread similar to Poilane's and is like a light sourdough, then keep your wallet out for the madeleines just outside.

P.S. If you buy a whole one, $12, and can't eat it all in a few days wrap the rest tightly in saranwrap and then put in a freezer bag in the freezer it will keep longer. If you haven't ever tried it ask for a sample.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

Thanks Vicki for being our resident medical expert. I appreciate all your post :).

Lymphedema can occur s/p node dissection as well. I was told after breast cancer surgery and node dissection not to lift anything over 5 lbs with that arm because it can cause lymphedema. I did not take any sick selfies but I did use this as an excuse not to vacuum for a very long time.

I also read that article that said David was jealous of Yo's celebrity and another that the families didn't blend well. I think that's just Yo putting her spin on things.

• Love 9

If Kathryn is drinking LVP's Kool-Aid, then Erika is guzzling the Dutch Punch. Hunty might want to ask one of her gayboys to hand her a mirror. 

Kyle's getting better at this game, she skated on through unscathed.

Right? Kyle stirred the shit about Kathryn/TMCFR, Rinna/bipolar, and the non-GiGis/Lyme. And, she joked on Yolanda, and was there for the first Munchausen discussion. Yet, except for Yolanda's vault threat, she got no call-outs. She best have LVP's back at the reunion if the stupid, wanker bitches (*blows kiss to Ken*) start to hate-bang.

I realize that it was probably edited but I loved how when lisar, Eileen, and Camille arrived Mauricio shouted "Camille" and basically 3lbowed LisaR and Eileen out of the way to give her a hug.

​Hee, I missed that. Mauricio has always been a little extra enthusiastic when greeting Camille.

How convenient that Yolanda seems pretty much fully recovered now that the season is over. The only chronic disease that heffa has is Bullshititis.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 19

Yolanda and Mohamed divorced in 2000 and Mohamed introduced Yo to David in 2005 or 2006. David Foster got his divorce from Bruce Jenner's ex-wife Linda Thompson in 2005.. I think the dates are a bit fuzzy, it's really difficult to pin down the exact year of their meeting. But I have a suspicious mind and have wondered if Yolanda wasn't the reason David and Linda Thompson divorced.

The Foster/Thompson marriage had been on the rocks for some time before 2005.  David agreed to film the Princes of Malibu (Linda's pet project) as a last gesture and she filed when it was playing.  Now THAT sounds familiar.

Regarding Vince asking Eileen if she wanted to know what he thought, I bet he had a poker perspective  ----  You got out played.  Learn from it and stop whining or no one will want to play with you again.

• Love 11

After watching Erika this season, and then on WWHL, I think she is one smart woman. She knew coming in, she would be judged immediately by the other women for her Erika Jayne persona . She was careful not to allow too much about her real private life, sat back, for most of the time, listened, and was very careful not to betray YO - the woman who brought her in. She did not want to come off a bitchy, and not a girl's girl. I doubt the other women knew how often she made sure to fill YO in on the details - although some were wrong.

Despite her performance, I don't think she has as close a friendship with YO as she, or YO, want us to think. She wanted to be portrayed as a loyal friend, and she did that, but I think she also has another opinion she's not sharing. Her job was to be YO's cheerleader, give her rides in her private plane, and be YO's eyes and ears. I think what we saw this year is yet another version of Erika Girardi, Erika Jayne, and this person - Erika???? But none of them are the real deal. Everytime we see her, her actions are too controlled, too careful, too "this is who I'm supposed to be"

I think that's because her husband had rules she's supposed to follow and is probably only "allowing" her to be on the show under certain conditions.

• Love 7

Lisar is so auditioning for anyone who may come along and hire her. She's tiring. I loved that Vince wanted to "just fix" it and then be done with all this drama. I think Ken's reaction was of protection for his wife, unfortunately, it was on camera. When I grow up, I want to be as manipulative as Lisar, Yo, Eileen and the third blonde think LVP is. That's quite a talent she's got. She needs to run for homecoming queen of the world. She would ace it. Gawd, this took forever to watch, even fast forwarding through the commercials.

• Love 4

I see you LVP...Moving up Kathryn and the Morally Corrupt Faye Resnick  from your JV to Varsity Squad. Watch what happens. 

I despise LVP. I believe everything Rinna (NO NOT RENNA KATHRYN) said about her. Rinna brought up M, and LVP encouraged her to run with it because she hates Yo and also LVP belives that she's the BH Bethenny and Andy's right hand man and can play puppetmaster.

The most interesting thing about Rinna is her lack of filter, and I like it! 

I thought Rinna handled Kim R beautifully. Kim wanted to fight about the Brandi/Kim/Yo lunch and Rinna stayed calm and refused to engage. No Vicki Gunvalson action in sight, Rinna remained very composed and was direct with her.  

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 7

Lisa V was on Radio Andy months ago and she said she told Rinna that anything Rinna said in private she should be willing to say on camera.  I bet that was the manipulation Rinna was unable to resist.  Poor, weak, creature.

A couple of days ago, Andy had two producers who worked on RHWOBH, RHOOC, and Vanderpump Rules as guests.  They were all cackling over what a great find Erika turned out to be.  So, I guess we're stuck with Madam Erika for awhile.   One amusing thing from that show - they all agreed that Vicky was pure gold. That she never wants to stir up or be at the center of anything.  She never tries, it just always happens.

Edited by Pattycake2
  • Love 12

Silicone breast implants (and their rupture) do not cause fatigue/malaise

You don't think that silicone from a ruptured implant causes ANY ill effects? That it's absolutely harmless?  I eat a piece of bread and I get fatigued.  One cup of coffee with a little sugar and I'm bouncing off walls, followed by diarrhea. TMI? LOL.  I find it hard to believe that foreign material floating around in my chest cavity for years wouldn't have some effect.

I so tired of the misinformation on silicone breast implants! People really should check out the following rather than rely on the false hysteria from decades ago!

http://www.nap.edu/read/9602/chapter/1

But that information ^^ is almost 2 decades old.

• Love 7

Sorry I don't know how to post links here but I read on Bravo.com that Yo is going to write a book about her 'long journey '. Apparently she announced this on WWHL. I missed this .

So how is she going to write a book when she claims she had a swollen brain and memory loss?

• Love 11

After watching this horrible finale to a boring season, I finally remembered to watch RHNY tonight!  OMG, such a massive palette cleanser.  NY blows these idiots out of the water, and nothing much has even happened yet, but they are straight forward, have been around each other forever, and speak their minds without all the nonsense, or having someone else fight their battles.

YAY.

BH?  take notes, in crayon if you must, but take notes.

• Love 6

A couple of days ago, Andy had two producers who worked on RHWOBH, RHOOC, and Vanderpump Rules as guests.  They were all cackling over what a great find Erika turned out to be.  So, I guess we're stuck with Madam Erika for awhile.   One amusing thing from that show - they all agreed that Vicky was pure gold. That she never wants to stir up or be at the center of anything.  She never tries, it just always happens.

Do you have a link to the interview? I'd love to hear what the producers have to say. Did they mention Shannon Beador? Now she's someone who was born for reality TV. Talk about a find, that woman is so earnest and has no filter whatsoever.

• Love 9

You don't think that silicone from a ruptured implant causes ANY ill effects? That it's absolutely harmless?  I eat a piece of bread and I get fatigued.  One cup of coffee with a little sugar and I'm bouncing off walls, followed by diarrhea. TMI? LOL.  I find it hard to believe that foreign material floating around in my chest cavity for years wouldn't have some effect.

But that information ^^ is almost 2 decades old.

Did I say ANY ill effects? No (but nice try).

If someone eats a piece of bread and gets fatigued then they should seek help unless they already are being helped for whatever is causing such profound fatigue. No one has to believe anything including medical evidence and scientific research. I do know that silicone breast implants, ruptured or not ruptured, and leaked silicone from breast implants do not cause fatigue any more than a placebo effect.

Per UpToDate (I get it free through work at an academic healthcare facility):

Implant based breast reconstruction and augmentation

Literature review current through: Mar 2016. | This topic last updated: Mar 25, 2016.

"CONCERNS OVER BREAST IMPLANTS — In response to the concerns and controversy surrounding silicone gel breast implants, The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Institute of Medicine (IOM) reviewed the available information and literature on breast implants and concluded that there is no credible scientific evidence to suggest that there are any long-term health implications for women, other than surgical or implant-related local complications that may or may not result in reoperation.

Silicone implants and connective tissue disease — In 1992, the FDA issued a moratorium on the use of silicone gel breast implants in response to a public concern regarding their safety, and a lack of studies to refute these concerns. There were anecdotal reports that raised the questions of a possible association between silicone implants and various diseases (specifically connective tissue diseases) or a “silicone adjuvant syndrome.” However, large-scale epidemiologic studies and literature reviews failed to show increased rates of seroprevalences of antinuclear antibodies or other autoantibodies [10], or increased risks of connective tissue diseases in women with breast implants [11-17]. One study found no difference in self-reported diseases or symptoms, or in the presence of autoantibodies, between women with intact silicone gel implants and women with ruptured implants, including extracapsular rupture [18]. The only exception was capsular contracture, which was reported six times more frequently by women with extracapsular ruptures compared with women who had intact implants.

A systematic review of the relationship of silicone breast implants to other cancers (not breast) concluded [19]:

●Epidemiologic studies provide no support for an increased risk of either sarcoma or multiple myeloma among breast implant recipients, disputing clinical and laboratory findings suggesting such a link.

●Although a number of epidemiologic studies have demonstrated elevated risks of cervical, vulvar, and lung cancers among breast implant patients, it is likely that these relate more to lifestyle characteristics (eg, cigarette smoking, sexual behavior) than to the effects of the implants.

●Brain cancer risk, suggested in one study, has not been confirmed in either an update of the mortality experience in this study, or on the basis of any other investigations.

●At present, there is no convincing evidence that breast implants alter the risk of nonbreast malignancies.

Based upon this information, the American College of Rheumatology concluded in 1995 that silicone implants expose patients to no demonstrable additional risk for connective tissue or rheumatologic disease. After extensive review of the data and a report from the IOM, the FDA also concluded that there was no convincing evidence linking silicone implants with connective tissue disease. Restrictions on their use were lifted in 2006 [20]. Three manufacturers of silicone gel breast implants have demonstrated the relative safety of the silicone gel implants at a minimum follow-up of five years based upon the incidence of rupture (2 to 7.5 percent) and capsular contracture (10 to 11 percent) [21-23]. However, the FDA recommended that all women with silicone implants undergo regular magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) screening throughout their lifetimes to assess for leakage (silent rupture), starting three years after the first implant surgery and every two years thereafter [20]. There is little evidence to support a recommendation for regular MRI screening, which is expensive and may lead to anxiety and false positive results, resulting in unnecessary surgery. Therefore, most experts agree that breast MRI should be used as a confirmatory diagnostic test and not be used to screen asymptomatic women for implant rupture [24,25]. (See "Complications of reconstructive and aesthetic breast surgery", section on 'Rupture of silicone gel implants'.)

The IOM findings included [26]:

●Toxicology studies of silicones and other substances known to be in breast implants do not provide a basis for health concerns.

●Local and perioperative complications are associated with breast implants.

•Reoperations and local and perioperative complications are frequent enough to be a cause for concern and to justify the conclusion that they are the primary safety issue with silicone breast implants.

•Risks of these complications accumulate over the lifetime of the implant.

•Information concerning the nature and the relatively high frequency of local complications and reoperations is an essential element of adequate informed consent for women undergoing breast implantation.

●Studies addressing the immunology of silicones are limited and technical problems substantial, providing no support for an immunologic role of silicone.

●Epidemiological evidence suggests that there is no novel syndrome or disease associated with silicone breast implants.

●There is no increase in primary or recurrent breast cancer in implanted women.

●Some women with or without breast implants would be expected to develop connective tissue diseases, cancer, neurological diseases, or other systemic complaints or conditions. Evidence suggests that such diseases or conditions are no more common in women with breast implants than in women without implants.

●There is no evidence of elevated silicone in breast milk or any other substance that would be deleterious to infants; therefore, all mothers with implants should attempt breast feeding.

●Evidence for health effects in children related to maternal breast implants is insufficient or flawed."

Let me know if you want any of the reference [numbers in brackets]

• Love 14

Did I say ANY ill effects? No (but nice try).

If someone eats a piece of bread and gets fatigued then they should seek help unless they already are being helped for whatever is causing such profound fatigue. No one has to believe anything including medical evidence and scientific research. I do know that silicone breast implants, ruptured or not ruptured, and leaked silicone from breast implants do not cause fatigue any more than a placebo effect.

Per UpToDate (I get it free through work at an academic healthcare facility):

Implant based breast reconstruction and augmentation

Literature review current through: Mar 2016. | This topic last updated: Mar 25, 2016.

"CONCERNS OVER BREAST IMPLANTS — In response to the concerns and controversy surrounding silicone gel breast implants, The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Institute of Medicine (IOM) reviewed the available information and literature on breast implants and concluded that there is no credible scientific evidence to suggest that there are any long-term health implications for women, other than surgical or implant-related local complications that may or may not result in reoperation.

Silicone implants and connective tissue disease — In 1992, the FDA issued a moratorium on the use of silicone gel breast implants in response to a public concern regarding their safety, and a lack of studies to refute these concerns. There were anecdotal reports that raised the questions of a possible association between silicone implants and various diseases (specifically connective tissue diseases) or a “silicone adjuvant syndrome.” However, large-scale epidemiologic studies and literature reviews failed to show increased rates of seroprevalences of antinuclear antibodies or other autoantibodies [10], or increased risks of connective tissue diseases in women with breast implants [11-17]. One study found no difference in self-reported diseases or symptoms, or in the presence of autoantibodies, between women with intact silicone gel implants and women with ruptured implants, including extracapsular rupture [18]. The only exception was capsular contracture, which was reported six times more frequently by women with extracapsular ruptures compared with women who had intact implants.

A systematic review of the relationship of silicone breast implants to other cancers (not breast) concluded [19]:

●Epidemiologic studies provide no support for an increased risk of either sarcoma or multiple myeloma among breast implant recipients, disputing clinical and laboratory findings suggesting such a link.

●Although a number of epidemiologic studies have demonstrated elevated risks of cervical, vulvar, and lung cancers among breast implant patients, it is likely that these relate more to lifestyle characteristics (eg, cigarette smoking, sexual behavior) than to the effects of the implants.

●Brain cancer risk, suggested in one study, has not been confirmed in either an update of the mortality experience in this study, or on the basis of any other investigations.

●At present, there is no convincing evidence that breast implants alter the risk of nonbreast malignancies.

Based upon this information, the American College of Rheumatology concluded in 1995 that silicone implants expose patients to no demonstrable additional risk for connective tissue or rheumatologic disease. After extensive review of the data and a report from the IOM, the FDA also concluded that there was no convincing evidence linking silicone implants with connective tissue disease. Restrictions on their use were lifted in 2006 [20]. Three manufacturers of silicone gel breast implants have demonstrated the relative safety of the silicone gel implants at a minimum follow-up of five years based upon the incidence of rupture (2 to 7.5 percent) and capsular contracture (10 to 11 percent) [21-23]. However, the FDA recommended that all women with silicone implants undergo regular magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) screening throughout their lifetimes to assess for leakage (silent rupture), starting three years after the first implant surgery and every two years thereafter [20]. There is little evidence to support a recommendation for regular MRI screening, which is expensive and may lead to anxiety and false positive results, resulting in unnecessary surgery. Therefore, most experts agree that breast MRI should be used as a confirmatory diagnostic test and not be used to screen asymptomatic women for implant rupture [24,25]. (See "Complications of reconstructive and aesthetic breast surgery", section on 'Rupture of silicone gel implants'.)

The IOM findings included [26]:

●Toxicology studies of silicones and other substances known to be in breast implants do not provide a basis for health concerns.

●Local and perioperative complications are associated with breast implants.

•Reoperations and local and perioperative complications are frequent enough to be a cause for concern and to justify the conclusion that they are the primary safety issue with silicone breast implants.

•Risks of these complications accumulate over the lifetime of the implant.

•Information concerning the nature and the relatively high frequency of local complications and reoperations is an essential element of adequate informed consent for women undergoing breast implantation.

●Studies addressing the immunology of silicones are limited and technical problems substantial, providing no support for an immunologic role of silicone.

●Epidemiological evidence suggests that there is no novel syndrome or disease associated with silicone breast implants.

●There is no increase in primary or recurrent breast cancer in implanted women.

●Some women with or without breast implants would be expected to develop connective tissue diseases, cancer, neurological diseases, or other systemic complaints or conditions. Evidence suggests that such diseases or conditions are no more common in women with breast implants than in women without implants.

●There is no evidence of elevated silicone in breast milk or any other substance that would be deleterious to infants; therefore, all mothers with implants should attempt breast feeding.

●Evidence for health effects in children related to maternal breast implants is insufficient or flawed."

Let me know if you want any of the reference [numbers in brackets]

I want to clearly state that although silicone implants are wrongly identified as the cause of a womens illness, their illnesses are real, as it is in women without silicone implants.
  • Love 5

I want to clearly state that although silicone implants are wrongly identified as the cause of a womens illness, their illnesses are real, as it is in women without silicone implants.

Absolutely!

and mental illness is just as "real" as physical illness

and just because someone is female doesn't make it mental (just like how men can also be mentally ill and it is not always physical)

• Love 8