Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Everything's Bigger In Dallas

• Start Topic

I'm hardly a safety nut--as a child, I actually played on the roof--but I winced at the trampoline right next to the pool. That seems really dangerous, especially if the parents are indulging in a lot of Jesus juice and aren't paying attention to the kids.

I am mildly obsessed with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders reality show on CMT, and I've always been surprised by how many of those women marry and become stay-at-home moms immediately after they retire. So I was interested to see Brandi. But then she was ... pretty dull. However, I did think her kids were cute.

I too am mildly obsessed with the DCC show on CMT. I actually thought I heard Kelli Finglass' head exploding once Brandi identified herself as a former DCC and carried on like she did throughout the episode. Kelli works hard to make sure that her girls are 'classy' and 'respectable' (or at least appear to be) and one of them is going on and on about Jesus Juice and poop on national TV! 

• Love 6

Wow, I didn't think anything could be worse than Potomac (which I tortured myself by watching), but this one is just horrid. I did, however, howl when the bargain basement Keith Urban showed up! I mean really?? Could he be more obvious? And yes, those eyebrows on the ex cheerleader were a sight to behold. She looked much better in her talking heads because I think her hair was colored. As for her children? Uhh....I'll have to bite my tongue.

• Love 5

Anyone else remember that floparoo from Bravo a few years back, Dallas Most Eligible?  Andy still hasn't cracked Dallas, despite its reputation for over the top bragginess and flash.

LeeAnn, you are the hired help, not Lynn Wyatt.  Get over yourself.

I kind of wonder if it would even be possible to start a successful RH franchise from scratch at this point or if the formula is just to pat and the really good potential cast members are scared off.

• Love 8

So I'm watching this now on the amazing invention which is Hayu. I feel like the Reality God's blessed me with this new streaming site since it no longer means I have to watch these bitches by, um, less legal methods.

Anyway, I'm cracking up at Leeanne. Has their ever been a bigger social climber? "Billionaires know my name!" Um, how insecure must you be to feel that's an accomplishment? They're just people, albeit people with a lot of money, but still people. That said, I grew up privileged and I'm still a pampered little princess with a trust fund so maybe I'm just not that impressed by money because it isn't alien to me. "I worked hard to get where I am" OK Leeanne, you're a social climber. Since I'm not one I'm gonna have to take your word for it because my privileged arse has a real job (I'm a nurse) which doesn't further my society status.

They're all a bunch of try hards aren't they?

• Love 4

Another Dallasite here and I'm out after one episode. I was hoping to see some cool shops and restaurants I didn't know about in town and instead I'm "treated" to a bunch of overly Botoxed, airhead idiots who don't even live in Dallas proper (seriously, Las Colinas and Frisco aren't Dallas). 

And if I wanted to watch a bunch of mean girls get drunk, giggle and make fun of each other, I'd go back to high school.

Thanks for making Dallas look horrible, low class and stupid, Andy. Appreciate it.

• Love 7

I think Theresa Roemer was auditioning for a spot in the RHoH when it was rumored that Bravo was looking to create one.  I wanted to see her host parties in her 3 story closet.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/the-ultimate-real-housewife-of-houston/

I have always thought that Theresa had her own house robbed to get attention.

I think that Theresa and Kristi are friends or know each other from their "fabulous" <----vomit, charity soirees.  I know at one point Kristi had rhinoplasty in L.A. that caused a serious staph infection.  That would be a great story for RHofH!  The vanity of these women is never ending.

Anyone else remember that floparoo from Bravo a few years back, Dallas Most Eligible?  Andy still hasn't cracked Dallas, despite its reputation for over the top bragginess and flash.

LeeAnn, you are the hired help, not Lynn Wyatt.  Get over yourself.

I kind of wonder if it would even be possible to start a successful RH franchise from scratch at this point or if the formula is just to pat and the really good potential cast members are scared off.

I watched Most Eligible Dallas and loved the cheese.

This?  To quote Dwight from RHOA  . . .   how dreadful.

Brandi isn't nearly as cute as she thinks she is.  In fact, her face during her sit down with Leanne scared me. Botox?  Claymation?  Melting?  

Stephanie is a follower.  No more fart and poop jokes please.  Stop with the Jesus Juice; otherwise we will all end up in the ER with alcohol poisoning and failing livers.

Cary and her doctor husband seem okay.  She is apparently some kind of outcast so I like her.

Tiffany (?? - the former model) and Keith Urban 2.0?  Unsure.

Leanne - is she trying to be Patricia from Southern Charm?  Is she in charge of everybody?  Is lining up charities her job?   That said, she's still less offensive to me than Jesus Juice and FartnPoop. 

I'll give it one more episode (because clearly I am an emotional cutter) and then I'm out.

• Love 8

Another Dallasite here and I'm out after one episode. I was hoping to see some cool shops and restaurants I didn't know about in town and instead I'm "treated" to a bunch of overly Botoxed, airhead idiots who don't even live in Dallas proper (seriously, Las Colinas and Frisco aren't Dallas).

And if I wanted to watch a bunch of mean girls get drunk, giggle and make fun of each other, I'd go back to high school.

Thanks for making Dallas look horrible, low class and stupid, Andy. Appreciate it.

Yep. I seem to remember that when the RH of Dallas idea was first mentioned, rumors were flying that Dr. Diane Gibby and her husband, Dr. Rod Rorhich (both plastic surgeons), would be among the cast. Guess they had too much sense to participate in this garbage.

I'm in Tulsa, but Dallas is one of my favorite cities and we lived there for a short time when I was a little girl. Still love to go there for the weekend. I was hoping to see the same things you were, maybe getting a glimpse of some fabulous new hotspots, the Dallas Country Club and perhaps a few ritzy Highland Park mansions thrown in there somewhere. Instead, we get generic McMansions outside of town, mimicking and darn near a full hour of potty talk from OC Alexis' dingbat Texas cousins, Jesus Juice and Ms. Poop&Fart.

Edited by JellyBean77
  • Love 2

This show is so boring. All the women are unlikable and I can't even remember their names. I tried to pay attention but I couldn't. The poop and fart girls are just morons. Wasn't "Jesus Juice" what Michael Jackson called wine? I kept thinking about that and the thought of using that term made my stomach turn. 

The "fights" are stupid and staged. There's nothing to make this even slightly interesting. Potomac is Shakespeare next to this group of dullards. It makes me miss Miami- or DC!! It's THAT bad.

I DVR'd it once. I won't again.

• Love 4

If I have to hear about charity, Jesus, Jesus Juice, and Farts one more time from squeaky women with crazy eyes.

I need to make a gif with Jules in Pulp Fiction screaming that and send it to Andy's twitter .

• Love 5

Me too, I have been a Houstonian for over 25 years, 20 more before that in a small gulf coast coast town. These women are embarrassing our great state.

Wow.  Embarrassing Texas these days is a mighty tall order.  I'm impressed.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 5

Of all the painful moments in this premiere episode (and there were many) the worst was when Tiffany's husband had to share his musical gifts with us. Keith SubUrban, please do not subject us to such cringeworthy hungriness in the future.

• Love 8

Does anyone know how old these women are? Even a guesstimate because with all that both I can't tell if, for example, Brandi is 25 or 55. Damn, she looks weird sometimes.

I think Brandi is in her early-to-mid 30s. She mentioned becoming a Dallas cheerleader at 21 and cheered for five years before settling down with her hubby and having children.

• Love 1

Jellyybean77 posted a link to an article about Stephanie an being from Coweta, Oklahoma.  In the article it lists everyone's ages.  Too uninterested to repost the link. It's on page 2.

Edited by raiderred1

Jellyybean77 posted a link to an article about Stephanie an being from Coweta, Oklahoma.  In the article it lists everyone's ages.  Too uninterested to repost the link. It's on page 2.

It says Stephanie is 35, Brandi 37, LeeAnne 48, Tiffany 44 (I think I read 46 in another article) and Carey is 39.

I was half watching a repeat while I finished up my work day.  I had a hard time telling them apart, except for Lee Ann with her overly blushed cheeks.  The mimicking wasn't that dead on, but it did capture some of Lee Ann's over the top behavior during her charity events.  Then I saw she's a former pageant queen and actress, so yeah it kind of makes sense.  The nodding and affirmative responses - pageant world and wannabe actress - saying hey look at me, I'm the star.  

And Lee Ann, your boyfriend is not going to marry you.  Nope.  If he's been married many times before, he may be tapped out financially and he probably doesn't want to deal with or even attempt another marriage.  

I did see during the show or maybe during a rerun of RHONY, that Bravo had pictures of the Dallas homes online.  They actually titled it - look at the mansions.  I really didn't see one in the lot that I'd say was a real mansion.  One had a nice pool but the neighbors were almost on top of it, no privacy.  One was a home on a golf course, which I can drive like 10 minutes and see nicer homes on a golf course here.  The homes were upper middle class.  Then there's Lee Ann's home (or her boyfriend's home).  My kitchen is at least as big as her's and my kitchen is not large.  The rec room or man cave or whatever it was - pathetic.  If you look close there's a storage bin on the floor on the other side of the pool table.  I liked the treadmill right up against the pool table, too.  Her closet really didn't look big or luxurious - none of them did really.  Not compared to when you see RHOBH, or even anything on HGTV or the Million Dollar Listings shows.  

The two charity events were to impress me?  FAIL. For the first one, I thought they were having a few friends over to pre party before the real event.  No way did I think a big charity event would be there.  I'm guessing anyone who's real old money in Dallas or anyone who is in the real high society there passed on this trainwreck.

• Love 2
And Lee Ann, your boyfriend is not going to marry you.  Nope.  If he's been married many times before, he may be tapped out financially and he probably doesn't want to deal with or even attempt another marriage.

Aww, come on, they'll be the real life Big and Carrie. It may take 10 years, and being left at the alter, but he'll eventually marry her. *rolls eyes*

• Love 4

Who's who?  I couldn't keep them straight.  Well except for Leanne mostly, except when I confused her with Tiffany.  At least the kitchens are updated from what I could tell ( you have to watch RHOP to appreciate this).   And what's with the 'charity' events.  Another reminder of RHOP.

And geez, those McMansions are so close together.  1/3 acre plots?  OK.  Maybe 1/4.  Hi neighbor out the side window.

I'm not feeling anyone so far.  The most I'm feeling is the surgical nurse who works with her husband.  Not that much because I don't remember her name.  At least she's doing more than 'charity' events.

• Love 3

amen and pass the biscuits!!

This is painful...

SO bad....worse than Miami...if that is possible.

Riding around on little kids bikes after "jesus juice"...........really? come ON.

I agree!

I'm glad it's so bad, I'm hoping it will be canceled just like Miami. No one wants RH to come to their state/city, it's just not a good portrayal of REAL anything.

I agree!

I'm glad it's so bad, I'm hoping it will be canceled just like Miami. No one wants RH to come to their state/city, it's just not a good portrayal of REAL anything.

At least on RHOM Lea Black has those fabulous Caftans and head scarves! lol

• Love 2

This "charity" thing is BS.  10% of the proceeds go to the cause?  This is just an excuse for drinking, socializing, shopping and more importantly, to see and be seen.  Brandi was right, just write the check if you want to make a difference.  Stop making these "charities" be a part of your dog and pony show for mere pennies, while you get to feel "charitable".  Make a donation, no strings attached.  Then you can pat yourself on the back for being charitable.

I live in Dallas and I love this city (that's Dallas proper if you were wondering LeeAnn, there is no Plano up in here) and I love the Housewives.  I've been patiently waiting years for a Real Housewives of Dallas....and this, THIS is what I get??  Bravo, you have betrayed me.

LOL! No Plano here either!

I was hoping it would be a good show, but it's icky...and I'm secretly dreaming Judy and Kelly have someone photoshop the Ex-DCC off every team picture she was ever in! Ugh!

At least on RHOM Lea Black has those fabulous Caftans and head scarves! lol

Exactly, I saw nothing I had to have, except the wine to get through this fiasco.

• Love 1

Whoa!  If your friend lives IN Dallas I can bet this is sort of what women there are like but if your friend lived anywhere but Dallas proper we are great down to earth folks. Please don't let this show make you hate Dallas.  That bitch Courtney from the Bravo show "Courtney Does Dallas" has been doing an afternoon radio show and she is the epitome of mean Dallas girl.  Although I was raised and still live close to Dallas I honestly don't think there are as many fame whore rude women here.  I sure hope your friend finds a great group of friends and doesn't run into these Dallas Debutantes.  In my adult years I have lived all over the state and the nicest people in the state, in my opinion, are from the panhandle and south plains of Texas, hands down. 

I live in the DFW area how do I not know who this Courtney is???? Lucky I guess.

There are good, nice, down to earth people IN Dallas!  You just have to find us! I hate throwing real estate shade, but I find the snotty, catty bitches typically come from outside Dallas proper (Frisco, I'm looking at you) and technically, the super snotty ones from Highland Park aren't actually in Dallas either.  Regardless, don't let this show taint your opinion of my amazing city!  Damn you, Bravo.  Now I know how New Jersey feels.

AND ATLANTA!!!!!!!

• Love 2

I live in the DFW area how do I not know who this Courtney is???? Lucky I guess.

Hey Central Texas she was on the "Most Eligible in Dallas" show and then they gave her an equally horrible spin-off called, "Courtney Loves Dallas",  Anyway, she is the very negative, blah personality on 103.7 KVIL in the afternoons.  I will TRY to listen to the music on that channel but I can't take her.  To give you an example of just one of the many ridiculous things she talked about, she said she HATES when someone wears a ponytail holder on their wrist and not in their hair! Bwah!  I do that all the time so I would love to run into her and talk to her all while knowing I was pissing her off with my dreadful ponytail holder.  Bitch!

• Love 1

Hey Central Texas she was on the "Most Eligible in Dallas" show and then they gave her an equally horrible spin-off called, "Courtney Loves Dallas",  Anyway, she is the very negative, blah personality on 103.7 KVIL in the afternoons.  I will TRY to listen to the music on that channel but I can't take her.  To give you an example of just one of the many ridiculous things she talked about, she said she HATES when someone wears a ponytail holder on their wrist and not in their hair! Bwah!  I do that all the time so I would love to run into her and talk to her all while knowing I was pissing her off with my dreadful ponytail holder.  Bitch!

First of all Go Red Raiders!!! ;)

The Pony holder thing is just insane, she must not work out or have any kind of an active life where you might need to pull your hair up, I do that often as I have long hair. What a joke.

Thanks for the warning, I won't tune in to KVIL in the p.m. I'm sure Ron Chapman is spinning in his grave, sheesh!

• Love 1

Well, I must be in the minority, but I loved this show!  I actually made my husband come into the room (he hates reality tv) to see the part with Brandi talking with that nutjob LeAnn.  I was laughing my ass off!  And I LOVED how LeAnn was blabbering on about how to behave at a charity (drink!) event, when she sends her lapdog to start drama.

I tried Potomac, it was boring.  Can't do Atlanta or Jersey.  Used to watch New York, but I really don't like any of the new people, so that is out too.  I only watch OC and Beverly Hills and now adding Dallas to that list.

Adding that it may just be that I am super stressed out right now what with my daughter breaking off her engagement (thank god) and we are now on week 3 of her and my two year old granddaughter temporarily staying with us so the crazy was very entertaining for me.  HAHA 

• Love 1

First of all Go Red Raiders!!! ;)

The Pony holder thing is just insane, she must not work out or have any kind of an active life where you might need to pull your hair up, I do that often as I have long hair. What a joke.

Thanks for the warning, I won't tune in to KVIL in the p.m. I'm sure Ron Chapman is spinning in his grave, sheesh!

Guns up!!!  The reference to Ron Chapman lets me know you been around these parts as long as me! LOL  

• Love 1

I too am mildly obsessed with the DCC show on CMT. I actually thought I heard Kelli Finglass' head exploding once Brandi identified herself as a former DCC and carried on like she did throughout the episode. Kelli works hard to make sure that her girls are 'classy' and 'respectable' (or at least appear to be) and one of them is going on and on about Jesus Juice and poop on national TV!

I am mildly (to moderately) obsessed with the DCC show too! Kelli must be having a complete hemorrhage over this one for sure.

Tiffani and Aaron work as celebrity impostors-Chrissy Teigen (at 50) and Keith Urban-ish.

LeeAnn said she's been working on charities for SIX WHOLE YEARS. SHE IS AN EXPERT AT THESE CHARITABLE THINGS! She's also been with her SWAT boyfriend for 6 years? Maybe he met her at a hostage negotiation. Spoiler alert-he lost.

Edited by EverybodyIsACritic
  • Love 2

Texan here too. This one bored me right to sleep.  The one who has the red hair has the weirdest face! Sometimes it looks ok, at other angles, it looks kinda wanky.  Not sure what it is? Something about the forehead area?

Edited by goofygirl

Texan here too. This one bored me right to sleep.  The one who has the red hair has the weirdest face! Sometimes it looks ok, at other angles, it looks kinda wanky.  Not sure what it is? Something about the forehead area?

My guess would be Brandi has over-plucked her brows and had too much or improperly administrated Botox. If Botox is done wrong or done too much, you can get the so-called "bat brow" or "Spock brow" effect - sort of an exaggerated, over-arched look.

• Love 1

I cant believe noones mentioned LeAnn being on Big Rich Texas. She was a chairperson for a group called "The Fashionistas"

I was racking my brains trying to think of the name of that show and that stupid group! 

Now that there is catastrophic flooding in the Houston area I wonder if any of the HW's will be doing any fundraising for that cause. 

Ok, that poop girl, just had enough of that tasteless immature girl.  The birthday party for her mother was so awkward, poor women's teen pregnancy past being brought up on TV.  Poop girl bragging about what great person she has become because of her mom, really?  She is a mean girl who is fixated on fecal matter.  So proud! 

I noticed one Mad Hatter's hat, it had a tiny model of Leonardo DaVinci painting the Mona Lisa...um he was Italian although he lived in France and the Mona Lisa hangs in the Louvre...Toulouse Lautrec might have been a better choice, (sorry about the pickiness). The giant croissants on the luncheon tables made me wonder how many of those women were actually going to eat those delicious carbs.

Okay, admittedly, everything about this is terrible…but I live for terrible TV (to a point). These ladies are new enough so I don't want to spoke out my eyes as I did with the other American versions, so I'm in.

• Love 1

Another unpopular opinion, I really like Leeann. I like it when people are straightforward, I'm glad she came up to Brandi and friend after they were mocking her and asked them to do it to her face.  

I liked her too.  She does seem a bit crazy, but I like her.  Then I started to like the red-head, but then went back to liking Leeann. 

My standards must have fallen, but I'm in. I think most of these bitches are going to be offensive and/or annoying, so it will be kind of fun watching them go against each other. I felt like I was watching a tennis match in this episode. I was like - "Brandi is totally right" - "But Leeanne DOES have a point". They're all wrong and right at the same time. And I like that connections feel more organic - genuine friendships and real reasons to be around each other, i.e. the charity scene. 

Tiffany's husband/boyfriend totally looks like a wanna-be Keith Urban.

I was also back and forth.  I usually have a clear favorite and CLEAR hated.  Not so with this show.

OMG I thought Keith Urban was on the show.  I was cracking up.

People actually live on golf courses?

Why were those two idiots giggling, like they were about to do a crappy porno flick?

Only one that remotely interested me, was the Surgical nurse.

Yeah my grandma lives on a golf course.  I am always worried about an errant ball breaking a window. 

Also, I am really irritated by the fact that people keep pronouncing it "goff" - is this a southern thing?  I heard it that way on Southern Charm, as well.

I don't know about that nurse.  She said something like, "yeah I say stuff to your face!" but then didn't actually say anything.  She is kind of weird.

My five year old would have loved, and I mean literally LOVED, all the fart jokes and poop humor I just "enjoyed". She´s one of the last kids in her kindergarten to grow out of that type of humor, and I can´t wait for the day when I don´t have to hear about it constantly (but after seeing Brandi and the other one, maybe I´ll never see that day come). I thought I´d be relatively safe in my expectations of a show like this, lol, but no! I still kind of enjoyed it though.

I couldn't make it through the episode which is like, unprecedented. I watched all of Aprés Ski for fuck's sake. I am sad bc I loved the commercial so much.

Edited by jkitty
  • Love 1

Also, I am really irritated by the fact that people keep pronouncing it "goff" - is this a southern thing?  I heard it that way on Southern Charm, as well.

I'm from Texas and am not surprised at "goff."  You'll also hear "woof" for "wolf."  I have one friend who says "fim" for "film"! 

• Love 1

Kelli Finglass (Director of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders "DCC")) often mentions the enduring sisterhood and bond that is the DCC, telling the young women to look around the room at those women who will be among their lifelong friends and as close as sisters.  I have no doubt that Kelli's characterization of the DCC experience is generally true, and that these young women do indeed walk away with particular bonds among the group and some close friendships that will last a lifetime.

However, I have also wondered whether all of the young women really get along as amicably as all that.  In other words, what goes on behind the scenes when - in fact - you really do not get along with the young women who are supposed to be like your sisters.  Is there jealousy, are some people petty or catty, can they be immature, do certain teammates ever not get along?  Or is everything really just peaches and cream behind the scenes?

For my answer, I had only to watch Episode 1 of the Real Housewives of Dallas, featuring Brandi (Nace) Redmond, a former DCC, as one of the Housewives.  Brandi, for those of you who don't know (and I didn't, but I have since looked it up), was a DCC from 2000-2005.  As she tells us on the Real Housewives, she served as Rookie of the Year, an All Star, a Pro Bowl Girl, and a two-time Calendar Cover Girl.  In other words, Brandi is clearly the epitome of what it means (or perhaps what it meant 15 years ago) to be a DCC.   Presumably she embodies (or at least at one time embodied) the ideal that the DCC organization is looking for in a young lady.

You can imagine my disappointment, then, to see that Brandi Redmond comes across as that mean girl in junior high who finds the weakest girl in the room --  (in the Real Housewives of Dallas that would be Leanne, a self-described poor, wrong-side-of-the-tracks, carnival girl, who tries her darndest - but slightly irritating and very forced - self to fit in, and be accepted by Dallas "society" (not!)) -- and Brandi completely makes fun of Leanne, takes her apart, eviscerates her, and humiliates her.

Viewers can judge for themselves whether or not Leanne merits Brandi's putdowns on the Real Housewives of Dallas (I say that no one ever deserves that kind of treatment), but I like to think that the truly nice girl image projected by current DCCs like Jenna, Jinelle, Danielle, or Mary, mean that even fifteen years from now those ladies would go out of their way to be completely kind and compassionate to anyone who they perceived to be an outsider or weak.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 1