Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: Last Day On Earth

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I need to watch again but I think Michonne looked pretty fierce too. If I'm not mistaken she stared Negan down as he walked by her.

You are right, she did and he paused to give a smirk/grin when he saw that. He also paused when he saw Abe starring straight at him.

So I think only Carl, Michonne and Abe stared Negan in the eyes in that line-up.

• Love 1

The only thing I'm going to say right now is that I am disappointed. I'm not going to spend another six months discussing something we already beat to death.

I feel cheated. It feels like the fans are the ones that got Luciled. See how great they managed to string us along for so long and building the hype for them, only in the end to give us the finger.

• Love 10
(edited)

It's a small point in comparison to that crappy ending but what were CDB hoping to achieve with Maggie? I know the timeline on this show is elastic but I think she is between 8-12 weeks pregnant, if there is a problem with the embryo/fetus this early, there is nothing anyone can do - around 20% of pregnancies end with miscarriage in the first trimester with many women not even being aware they are pregnant because it's so early - and it's not likely to harm Maggie at all physically. If Maggie is miscarrying, she will bleed a bit more heavily than a normal period and will then most likely be ok; it would only be a problem if it was an ectopic pregnancy but she had that scan and the embryo was in the uterus. The way she reacted with the sudden sharp pain and now fever, sweating, etc would fit with an ectopic but not other early types of pregnancy loss. Maggie would know this, she is the oldest daughter of a farm vet and is a smart woman. She is also not a selfish person, I can't see her being ok with so many people being in danger because of a futile mission, maybe she is having an attack of appendicitis but I know that I am thinking about this WAY more than the TWD creatives! I wish TPTB had thought of better ways to round up all our warriors other than this and wild goose chases. Ugh!!!

Edited by Save Yourself
  • Love 13

My apologies Previously TV for being part of the horde that crashed your sight last night.  I hope I can say this here.  Thank you for getting things up so fast so that we could all express our anger of the ending.

This 2nd half of the season really rocked and was a great apology for the shit fest that occurred during the 1st half with Glenn's fake out and all.  And then they Lucilled us.

• Love 7

I'm not gonna lie.  It was nice to see Rick humbled and scared shitless and probably pissing in his pants.  

I kept thinking here we go, another trip to crazy town. Rick's gotta develop a poker face if he isn't going to keep it together. Maybe Michonne or Abe can give him some lessons.

I am happy the writers have now shown that Morgan can be counted on and will to kill if he sees no other option. Thank you very much writers.

• Love 4
(edited)

I loved the Saviour attempting to get Carol to make a big show of agony and beg and plead for her life, failing miserably, getting a wry "Probably not" response to his asking her whether she thought she'd suffered enough, turning his back on Carol like "This bitch is cray," and then only coming back when she taunted him. Ha! That was awesome. Even when she was dying, Carol shit all over the Saviours' bullshit machismo. (The Saviour's bewildered expression when he was about to walk away was the best thing ever.) Carol is a true gangsta: laughing in the face of death and daring her captor to kill her while fucking Rick, who spent last episode bragging about how tough and hard he was, was shitting his pants in terror. Carol >>>>> Rick.

Except unlike Carol, Rick have children to worry about if he dies. Unlike Carol, Rick had his child next to him in that line-up, and in danger of being beaten to death. Unlike Carol, Rick will be witnessing the death of someone in his group get kill because of his decisons.

So no, Carol CAN'T compare at all to Rick. Because while Rick is worry and slowly dying becaus of his fear for his people and children. Carol is out there being a self-fish asshole who only cares about herself in a time when she knows what people she called family are facing.

I didn't see badass Carol or gangsta Carol in this episode, all I saw was an over-dramatic, selfish, stupid person who wanted to commit suicide while everyone else was fighting for their lives.

So I'll take Rick or any one of them crying in that line-up over Carol any day of the week.

Edited by SevenStars
  • Love 16

Morgan breaking his code should be tragic, but I legit cheered. Yay!

Carol/Morgan is going to be a thing, isn't it? He broke his code for her; that's pretty much a declaration of love.

But did he break his code? I mean the guy had a gun, he wasn't close enough for Morgan to try and disarm him. He did try to talk the man down but this was an immediate kill or be killed situation. I never got the impression that Morgan's code was he'd never kill under any circumstances, especially to save another person.

• Love 6
(edited)

I didn't see badass Carol or gangsta Carol in this episode, all I saw was an over-dramatic, selfish, stupid person who wanted to commit suicide while everyone else was fighting for their lives.

I didn't see anything triumphant or to cheer about in Carol's interactions the Savior. She was undergoing her own trauma as she is obviously having a mental breakdown. Carol was at her lowest point willing to suffer and die. It was like she went from living out the abused wife fantasy of becoming powerful enough to fight back and killing people to regressing to being that abused wife. She was replaying the abuse she suffered at her husband's hands with the Savior. She is tormented and lost at the moment.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

I like that the people who saved Morgan and Carol had on riot gear of some sort. It is a practical way to give them a chance against a walker bite. At least, they seem friendly and helpful. Definitely potential allies against Negan.

Was that the guy Rick was going to kill?

Ok, when Darryl came across Dwight and gf(s) they were trying to escape Negan. But now Dwight is back and he's swallowed the Kool-aid? Everyone has Stockholm syndrome? Bah.

More than likely Negan has been to Hilltop, Gregory sold CDB out. He's a weird "leader" anyway. Managed to get CDB to go take out his enemy, will cave to anyone. So Negan did know all along where they were headed and exactly how to fuck with them. 

But how does he quantify "half", if Alexandrians live in their posh homes wouldn't Negan want them? The bunker they took out was only a tiny piece of Negan's crew, so where are the rest housed? And every one of the henchmen's plans was "we'll capture you and they'll walk us right in" before this showdown. 

• Love 1

After listening to the audio and isolating the voices, I think it's Glenn:

https://soundcloud.com/spinxella/glenn-maggie

Negan: "Oh!"

Glenn: "Maggie!"    (0:10 mark)

Negan: "Taking it like a Champ!"

Maggie: "Glenn!"    (0:17 mark)

:(

Damn, I think you're right. At least, there's a woman screaming and I think  that high pitch can only come from Maggie. And she would only scream like this for Glen.

Regardless the cliffhanger, which was a mistake imo, I liked the episode, I was in tension all the time, JDM did a good job and I loved to meet those armoured guys; they seem to come from a very interesting community.

This show's lucky to have the actors it has. While Negan's speech worked, I think it did it not because the writing was amazing, but because the actors were selling it. Especially AL, who was awesome. I could almost smell his fear through the screen. 

So, not very happy about the way they ended the episode, but I'll be back next season, why not. I usually watch this show on Monday morning and it helps me to face the beginning of the week. Like, hey, my life doesn't suck as much as theirs. 

• Love 3

This is the first time I have nothing to say what-so-ever about an episode of TWD. Just... nothing.

This has been mostly me too, even after sleeping on it.  I'm seeing a lot of anger elsewhere on online and in the unspoiled viewership in my own house, but I'm still just mostly ... underwhelmed and indifferent.

I knew this was how it was going to go at the moment where our gang was stopped between the ridiculously large burning log pile that the big evil apparently had time to use heavy earthmoving equipment to assemble and unnamed spray paint guy hanging from a chain on an overpass.  I turned to my husband and asked him WTF we were watching and why were we watching it.  He responded by shaking his head and heading to the kitchen.  It only went downhill from there.

I'll admit to being mildly curious about the people Carol and Morgan met.  But I'm not sure even the promise of Monty Python's apocalypse knights are going to be enough lure to draw me back after this.

• Love 6

I dunno. They've(Negan et al.) surpassed loutish[ness], boorish[ness], brutish[ness], and other 'ishness'. And, obviously, Negan is not inclined to cease slaking his thirst for demented power as evidenced by his numerous gulps of incomprehensible atrocities. So, now, that we have ascertained Negan's thoroughly sadistically riddled psychopathy--his state of being, I hope the RICKers enact the, deservedly, roughest of justice, regroup, then ably formulate a schematic for Living within their mad, bad, awful, and 'awfuler' world.       

• Love 1
There have been some very gifted actors squandered. I feel cheated for all of my loyalty and am tired of the negatives outweighing the positives. Not sure what the answer is - a new show runner? Does it matter who the show runner is now as long as Kirkman is in the mix?

Your last question says it all. I really think THAT'S the problem right there. Kirkman's idea was a very good one, for sure. I think it would be fine if they worked with the general outline, but had the freedom to really take this show somewhere. Earlier on, it seemed like the strayed a bit further from the comics than they are now. Suddenly it's like it has to be word for word, down to the outfits. I've never read the comics, so this is just a general impression that I'm getting. But yea, I could see Kirkman as a casual consultant, but the fact that they made him a writer (and a producer?) just means they're probably going to be at his mercy. 

Yeah if I spent half the season hiding under a garbage bin and that's the thanks I get.  I pity SY if it is Glenn...

As do I. He deserves much better than that. I'm afraid that it probably is Glenn, and I'm going to be pissed. Doing the fake out death with him earlier already took so much wind out of my sails. Glenn deserves to have a devastating Death, and instead it's going to feel like an anti-climatic "oh, they killed Kenny" moment. 

• Love 11

I liked:

Negan´s toothy smile.

Rick being scared.

I hated:

Morgan talking to Carol, I didn´t listen, it was still annoying.

Carol not just killing Morgan, he needs to go.

Carl´s antics with Enid.

Not really caring about this so much anymore. I´m wildly hoping that somehow Carol and Daryl will get a spinoff where something fun and exciting actually happens.

• Love 2

This fucking show is an exercise in frustration and disappointment, truly.

I think I might actually be out, I'm so bored, and that pains me, because I still love (most of) the characters. But it goes nowhere, it never goes anywhere, it just slogs along without having the balls to make anything new happen. Build up something a whole season and then nothing, again, as usual, let's stretch it out for as looooooooooong as possible.  And if something does happen, it's stupid as shit. That's a desert narrative landscape, and I'm tired of it.

I'm not entertained anymore, the last three episodes haven't entertained me at all, six months of only being able to talk about who got smashed aren't going to entertain me at all, and I don't like to hate-watch stuff. So, if the goal was to keep the audience on the edge of their seat, well, I'm so much on the edge that I'm gonna up and leave.

I'm probably still gonna read you guys' discussions, because I generally enjoyed all of you.

• Love 4

Except unlike Carol, Rick have children to worry about if he dies. Unlike Carol, Rick had his child next to him in that line-up, and in danger of being beaten to death. Unlike Carol, Rick will be witnessing the death of someone in his group get kill because of his decisons.

So no, Carol CAN'T compare at all to Rick. Because while Rick is worry and slowly dying becaus of his fear for his people and children. Carol is out there being a self-fish asshole who only cares about herself in a time when she knows what people she called family are facing.

So I'll take Rick or any one of them crying in that line-up over Carol any day of the week.

I agree.

This season was utter shit. The weird thing is the writers are mostly sticking true to comic canon and STILL fucking it up. They have no clue how to write a TV show.

I think that's the problem.  The comics, for all their popularity, are just not that well written.  Some of the weakest parts of this show are the ones that stick too close to the comics. They should have made that decision from the get go - stick to the comics (but write them better) or go a different way.  The mish mash makes the show worse - because when they finally do canon comic bits, it doesn't fit and feels ridiculously cartoony. YMMV.

• Love 14

After sleeping on it; can someone help me out? I came in late last night. Who was the guy running thru the woods that they beat, killed and hung?

Also, what happened to the Wolves? Were they all killed off?

I hate that there's a cliffhanger! But...on to FTWD for me.

• Love 1
I actually think that caring for every one in his group is the strength of Rick, his people, and the show as a whole. Unlike Shane, Phillip, etc., Rick is willing to go to the mat to save one of his people. It is why they have survived this long and they stick with him through good and hard times and new "good" people join them. It is people like Shane, Phillip, Joe, Dawn, and Negan who abandon and exploit everyone around them who ultimately will falter and lose. If violence and intimidation is all you have going for you, you will always encounter people more violent or people who band together to fight back and take you down. Not to say it isn't bloody and there isn't suffering, but in a world like this all people have to do find a leader like Rick and eventually, they find the courage to take down monsters.

Exactly. And, as it is, The Saviors would have found ASZ anyway. They were coming for Rick's group, for sure. Yes, it was to their advantage to be able to take them on the road. But with the sheer numbers they have, they could have taken ASZ. At least this way, the more vulnerable members of the group are safe, back at camp, in the loving protection of Father-No-More-Pee-Pants. 

After sleeping on it; can someone help me out? I came in late last night. Who was the guy running thru the woods that they beat, killed and hung?

Also, what happened to the Wolves? Were they all killed off?

I didn't get who that guy was, but my guess is that he's supposed to be someone from Hilltop. They were using that group to set an example for CDB. "See what we do when you cross us?" 

Also, yes, the Wolves were killed off. Mostly by Carol. Morgan let a few escape, but Rick mowed them all down. The only one who remained after the initial fight was the one Morgan had trapped in the ASZ "prison", but Carol killed him as well when the quarry walkers eventually took down ASZ. 

• Love 6

I actually think that caring for every one in his group is the strength of Rick, his people, and the show as a whole. Unlike Shane, Phillip, etc., Rick is willing to go to the mat to save one of his people. It is why they have survived this long and they stick with him through good and hard times and new "good" people join them. 

Yeah, but Rick doesn't really take to new people quickly. Look at the Alexandrians. He barely considers them and acts like he owns the place when he first got there. It is only his core (CDB) that he is moved to protect. When Deanna asked him to protect Spenser, he was very blase about it. 

It's a small point in comparison to that crappy ending but what were CDB hoping to achieve with Maggie? I know the timeline on this show is elastic but I think she is between 8-12 weeks pregnant, if there is a problem with the embryo/fetus this early, there is nothing anyone can do - around 20% of pregnancies end with miscarriage in the first trimester with many women not even being aware they are pregnant because it's so early - and it's not likely to harm Maggie at all physically. If Maggie is miscarrying, she will bleed a bit more heavily than a normal period and will then most likely be ok; it would only be a problem if it was an ectopic pregnancy but she had that scan and the embryo was in the uterus. The way she reacted with the sudden sharp pain and now fever, sweating, etc would fit with an ectopic but not other early types of pregnancy loss. Maggie would know this, she is the oldest daughter of a farm vet and is a smart woman. She is also not a selfish person, I can't see her being ok with so many people being in danger because of a futile mission, maybe she is having an attack of appendicitis but I know that I am thinking about this WAY more than the TWD creatives! I wish TPTB had thought of better ways to round up all our warriors other than this and wild goose chases. Ugh!!!

Yup, I said something similar. Women have miscarriages pretty often and may not even know.  I think the bruises on the back may be an indication of some type of internal issue, which might cause her to miscarry, which was caused by being held captive by the Saviors and traumatized.

But did he break his code? I mean the guy had a gun, he wasn't close enough for Morgan to try and disarm him. He did try to talk the man down but this was an immediate kill or be killed situation. I never got the impression that Morgan's code was he'd never kill under any circumstances, especially to save another person.

Thing is, that guy was dying too. He was shot right? If Morgan had been able to get close enough, a good whack with his bo-staff would have probably knocked him out and he would have died of his other injuries, but Morgan still wouldn't have killed. I think this whole story line with Morgan not killing, was just a pointless story arch to have some type of ground for Morgan & Carol to bond over and then to come sweeping in with the Hot Armor Guys to save the day in AZ. 

• Love 2

I heard about the cliffhanger and was hoping against hope that they would not do it. But they did. IMO, it was a poor choice. After rolling Glenn under the dumpster and trying to fake us out for three episodes, another tease was unnecessary.

I would prefer to spend six months discussing "what will our gang do now", "how will Rick process this", "how will they get revenge" rather than "who died." It's a much more worthy discussion - as I see it - to wonder how the coming season will play out than to debate a plot point that will likely get answered in the first 5 minutes of the season premiere.

I don't understand why this choice was made. It's not a bold choice of storytelling. And this show should be making bold choices after six seasons. The other flaw in this choice is their belief that they can keep the identity of the victim secret until mid October. I imagine that the secret will be blown by July for those that want to know it.

Seriously, my gut is that they don't KNOW who got killed either. I think there for two reasons (and possibly more).

1) I think the actors (most of the main ones) are in, were in or are due to be in contract negotiations. So, nothing like leverage (to have a spiked bat over your head). Now, if this is true it confirms the fact that TPTB has no concern for the audience. They just want the best deal.

2) I think, too, that the writers are, in essence, cowards. Right now, they're sticking their fingers up in the air to see which way the "character winds" are blowing. In a weird, twisted way we - the audience - are voting right now. Anytime we say, "How dare they kill Glenn (or Maggie, or Abe, etc) they factor that in to see what causes the most effect.

• Love 4

The Walking Dead is rooted in Comic Book/ Graphic Novel so, hard suspension of reality is a must. However, the program's reiteration in television format has to incorporate more credulous multi-faceted designs. Once again, fuller depictions may be excluded in its 'novel' form, yet not here--in teevee. This medium demands that difference.

• Love 1
(edited)

Seriously, my gut is that they don't KNOW who got killed either. I think there for two reasons (and possibly more).

There is no way that Gimple does not know which character was killed. They start filming next month and earlier the scripts are already written. The whole season has already been planned out and production started.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5

I will make only one post on my speculation, because the cliffhanger is irritating, but I think Glenn seeing the photos, and then Negan finishing the Eeny Meeny poem with "my mother told me to pick the very best one," means it's Glenn, because Glenn is "the best one" of them, morally. Or at least that's his role. Time will tell. So very much time.

That's standard Eeny Meeny lyrics where I come from.

• Love 2

There is no way that Gimple does not know which character was killed. They start filming next month and many of the scripts are already written.

It's given they'd know now but I do wonder if TPTB knew at the time of filming. They've left themselves with massive credibility issues IMO.

• Love 3
Yeah, but Rick doesn't really take to new people quickly. Look at the Alexandrians. He barely considers them and acts like he owns the place when he first got there. It is only his core (CDB) that he is moved to protect. When Deanna asked him to protect Spenser, he was very blase about it.

That far into the ZA, I don't blame anyone for not taking to people too quickly. You have to earn the trust of others, because too much bad has happened. But Rick is a good guy and he eventually comes around. He showed a lot of love for both Eugene and FPP last night. Aaron was part of that core group and I bet he'd fight to protect him as well. After the knock-down-drag-out zombie fight in the streets that everyone participated in, I'd say they're all family now. But, of course, it makes sense that someone you've been with since the first month in (Glenn, Maggie, Carol, Daryl) is going to have a super special place in your heart. 

• Love 6

I actually think that caring for every one in his group is the strength of Rick, his people, and the show as a whole. Unlike Shane, Phillip, etc., Rick is willing to go to the mat to save one of his people. It is why they have survived this long and they stick with him through good and hard times and new "good" people join them. It is people like Shane, Phillip, Joe, Dawn, and Negan who abandon and exploit everyone around them who ultimately will falter and lose. If violence and intimidation is all you have going for you, you will always encounter people more violent or people who band together to fight back and take you down. Not to say it isn't bloody and there isn't suffering, but in a world like this all people have to do find a leader like Rick and eventually, they find the courage to take down monsters.

I don't disagree with you. I like Rick. He certainly gets points from me on the trust-worthy scale. If I get into trouble, Rick will come to the rescue. (If his rescue works or not that's another story.)

But, the Governor and Negan (especially) have been able to recruit a lot of people. Many many more than Rick.

Yeah, there for awhile Rick was more into exclusion, but still . . . Or, maybe, it has to do with the fact that CDB has (largely) been on the run. Hard to recruit that way, I guess.

Another thing: I wonder if the wolves ran into he saviors?

Also, where's Jesus and his people????? I realize communication is shit, but it seems like our people were woefully unprepared for Negan. We didn't seem to know how many, or where they hung their hat, or anything, well, important.

• Love 2

There is no way that Gimple does not know which character was killed. They start filming next month and earlier the scripts are already written. The whole season has already been planned out and production started.

Isn't there a gap of time between when they ended filming and when they resume? I do think they had a "likely" suspect to who killed and from that they could plan for next season. But I've also heard how ruthless producers can be when contracts are renegotiated. I've heard of some who have made last minute critical changes to the story just because the actor bailed at the last minute.

• Love 1
(edited)

"Who Lucilled player to be named later?" is not nearly as mellifluous as they think.  I don't think the iconic "Who shot J.R.?" has anything to be afraid of....

I do like how when the good guys or the bad guys need to have their big moment the walkers wait politely in the background.

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 7

Because from what little we've seen, Negan is like an abusive spouse. The half you give him is never going to be enough. He'll find an excuse to kill one of your people just because. The reason the Hilltop made the deal with Alexandria is because the last time they tried to give Negan's group half, Negan killed a 16 year old that was with their group, took someone else hostage, and insisted the returning guy kill their leader to get the hostage back. He'll probably decide that "half" of your "stuff" includes the women - that guy* who caught Glenn, Michonne, Darryl, and Rosita last week definitely implied that - so he might decide to take your wife to "service" his troops and expect you to smile and thank him for keeping your place "safe."

So that is why you wouldn't really be "killing for the best," because Negan is a psychopath, and you would never know if you would end up being expendable. Or he'd decide you didn't follow his orders enough and cut off your finger in punishment (like he did to that woman on the episode from a couple of weeks ago). In other words, you'd likely never feel safe.

* I keep forgetting that guy's name... and I so hope Darryl eventually kills his smug ass - Darryl tried to help you, you asshat!, you have no reason to be pissed at Darryl.

I think I land where I do because what I took away from Hilltop more than anything is that they were thriving.  They were building more because babies were being born.  They had food.  Nice high walls.  Yes, they lost one teenager in a violent way (could just as easily have happened because of walkers, seeing as they have no weapons).  I thought the kidnapping and order to kill the leader (who was sleazy) came because Hilltop was trying to get out of the deal they made, not because Negan is an arbitrary psychopath.  Bottom line though, it seemed like a pretty decent place to live even under Negan's control.

So for me he's just...government (um, in a non-partisan way), before jails.  He's the strongest in the region, they pay him a tribute.  To me that's not good/bad, it just kind of is.  

Now, if there was stuff last week indicating that he's running a band of rapists I'll change my perspective (obviously), but I didn't pick up on that at all.   He seemed pretty willing last night to just kill, be it male or female victim.  Maybe next season they'll have a few more female Saviors, around for more than an episode, and there'll be more about that.

As far as who died: they have enough minor characters there to fully cop out (Rosita, Aaron, Eugene), but I can't see them doing so.  I agree that it probably comes down to Glenn (that's where the real drama would be, if they're going to do anything more with Maggie) and Abe.  Though I'm sort of rooting for it to be Rick, and the one that would set me off would be Michonne because I feel like there's a lot more there.

I have to bail on this thread now because I'm pretending to not have been spoiled on Game of Thrones (I actively avoid spoilers, have caught whispers but I want to leave it at that) and this show now has pulled that one into the conversation because it's a reasonable comparison.  There's another thing I can be annoyed at The Walking Dead crew for, though having slept on it I still think the season was entertaining overall, mostly in the second half, excluding the 90-minute Morgan episode and his whole "journey" such as it wound up being.

• Love 4

Yup, I said something similar. Women have miscarriages pretty often and may not even know.  I think the bruises on the back may be an indication of some type of internal issue, which might cause her to miscarry, which was caused by being held captive by the Saviors and traumatized.

I thought someone else had commented about it and then I couldn't find the post again, I'm clearly going mad from outrage!

• Love 1

Now that the flames heaving from the sides of my face have abated somewhat I would like to say that I loved the bro hug between Abraham and Eugene. Soon as they started talking I was pleading for a hug. So thank you asshole walking dead for at least that.

Poor Rick. I knew his cockiness was going to bite him in the ass. Andrew Lincoln was amazing in the end scene, his terror was palpable.

Could anybody make out what Daryl's injuries were? For such a huge blood spatter last week he seemed relatively intact last night.

Loved Abraham pulling himself up straight in front of Negan. I doubt I'd be that brave.

• Love 8
(edited)

I was wondering, too, why they would have to get her to the OB since there is nothing that can be done that early in the PG. And her having a fever...don't they have 1 bottle of tylenol somewhere in Alexandria????  And other meds as they just went on that pharmacy run. It can't be eptopic as they would have seen that on the sono at Hilltop. She doesn't appear to be bleeding so maybe it is appendicitis or a busted spleen from getting that hit in the stomach or a gall bladder issue. I was just thinking they should have given her some tylenol and maybe antibiotics and let her rest at AZ for a day or so. What would Negan have done then? Did he figure Rick would come looking for his missing group at some point?

And Enid in the closet. Why didn't Carl tell Father Gabe "hey, go let Enid out of my closet in about 30 minutes...I don't want her to follow us"? And is there like 5 people left at AZ?? This was a good idea because.........?????

And am I the only one that found AL to be overacting at the end? Many of you say how great he did, but I feel it was so un-Rick like. He was part of the Terminis group at the slaughter trough. That was way more scary to me. The few at the trough were ALL going to get their throats slit and they watched the first one happen and Rick was tough and defiant. But Negan said he was only going to off one of them on their knees so odds were better yet Rick was trembling like my old dog during 4th of July fireworks. And the Negan actor is good but he's just a little guy. I was not feeling the terror when they showed Negan's skinny legs and flat butt with his pants drooping. How about someone like Rolo or Bjorn in the Vikings...or the Mountain in GoT....mmm hmmm???

twds5e1terminus.png

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 4

So the Saviors are the Others! Magical ninja skills, strength-in-size numbers that come and go as the episode/plot requires, magical teleportation powers, lots of stupid speechifying...

I hate Negan already. And not in a love-to-hate kind of way, either. Granted, it might be because I hate Jeffrey Dean Morgan, but still.

This season sure spent a lot of time spinning it's wheels just to get us to this cliff-hanger.

• Love 2

Isn't there a gap of time between when they ended filming and when they resume? I do think they had a "likely" suspect to who killed and from that they could plan for next season. But I've also heard how ruthless producers can be when contracts are renegotiated. I've heard of some who have made last minute critical changes to the story just because the actor bailed at the last minute.

They filmed the season finale in December. Almost immediately, Gimple has to start outlining season 7 and get the scripts written for the early episodes in advance so that production planning can begin. So there is no time for Gimple to change anything major because of fan reaction to the finale last night or to wait for any contract negotiations to occur. However, networks don't wait for the season to end to negotiate contracts so they know in advance who won't be back. Disputes that drag out contract negotiations do occur, but there have been no rumors about AMC in contract disputes with any of the main TWD cast which actually surprises me since AMC is so cheap.

• Love 5

At least the horse didn't get it.  

I was worried about the horse, too. 

I don't know why so many people love Negan (before he appeared on the show). He's just openly an a**hole, unlike the Governor, who took a while to show people his true colours. 

I thought it was chilling, the way they had all of the roads blocked. Making that poor man an example - although if he was the same man as the one that was thrown off the bridge, I would have gone back to the road where I'd originally encountered them. I hate these people, and normally pacifist me, wants to see them all meet Rick's version of the bat. 

Glad Morgan shot that guy. 

That ending was *sick*. :( I wish I hadn't heard that. 

• Love 1

I knew this episode was in trouble when I kept thinking I wish I could fast forward live TV because this is boring as hell. I of course read the spoilers weeks ago but was really hoping they were wrong and the writers would not do a cliffhanger. At this point I don't even care anymore I think I'm just done with the show. Season 6 (except for Rick and Michonne finally hooking up) was a complete waste to me. The writers made Carol too out of character so I don't even care about her story anymore either but making Rick and co. so cocky and stupid was just too predictable. I sticking with fanfiction from now on this show has lost it for me.

Filming for S6 wrapped Nov '15 and they start S7 in a few weeks.

I agree with you about the sentiment that based on this episode, it's a toss up whether TPTB even knew who they wanted to kill at the time of filming - IF as they are claiming, that the cast really don't know who 'got got' and if this is a false claim, is it really what you want your audience to think? To suspect that maybe the creative team on a show you love that allegedly has an ongoing story arc don't even know where the storyline is going? I think you're right, they have a likely suspect but because I also don't trust TPTB at all, I also think it is very possible that as you suggested, they were seeing which way 'the wind (audience) blew' up until the Glenn fake-out - they started writing for S7 in January so I don't think they would have been able to leave it much later than that. I don't think it would have been used for contract negotiations because even though I know AMC are penny pinchers, it's never going to be productive to use a stick approach when dealing with your biggest cast members. Particularly if one of them portrays Daryl Dixon and you need him to sell loads of merchandise and video games (disclaimer: I LOVE Daryl - but that doesn't stop him being AMC's ATM).

• Love 2
(edited)

If Negan really wanted to send a message to Rick's group, he would have clubbed Maggie.  It would send a message to Rick that no one is untouchable.

Hmmm. Maybe he did. Maybe that's why the fade to black and in season 7 premier we still won't see it but just see the aftershock. Probably would not go over well to show a man beating a woman, a clearly ill woman who is also pregnant. 

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 2

I liked this episode but I am very disappointed that they decided to go with a cliffhager.  This much build-up needs - begs for - a payoff.  Anything else leaves you frustrated, unsatisfied, and angry.  Read as much sex into that statement as you want.  Still it was masterfully shot and the tension was almost unbearable.  So overall I give it a B+.

I have puzzed puzzed and puzzed some more about the animosity toward Rick - even by his own author.  I don't understand how everything that ever goes wrong, EVER, is Rick's fault.  The idea to take out Negan was Daryl's.  The only one who spoke against it was Morgan.  The Hilltoppers, IMO, have some splainin to do because I think they left out a bit of info about who the group was dealing with - and how many.  Strategically I think that the group was on point with only a few missteps and miscalculations.  The truth of the matter is that Alexandria would have already been overrun by Negan's group if CDB hadn't been so strong.  They slowed down the inevitable.  Daryl took out the invading force on the road.  The ambush at the outpost delayed it further.  But they had already spotted Alexandria and were coming.  That was not Rick's fault.  Not to get all Rambo-y, but it was Negan, not Rick, who drew first blood.  Rick's group just won the first couple of fights.  Rick's cockiness (which I'd refer to as hopeful confidence) was understandable because I don't think that he really believed that his group is invincible, I just think he felt that things couldn't get worse than a psychopath with a tank, a group of cannibals, another group of wackadoos carving letters in their heads, and oh yeah, herds of zombies.  They've been through alot and I can see him thinking - as we all do - that that which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, and CDB is strong.

But yes, there were some strategic miscalculations made by CDB.  For starters, location.  They aren't down south anymore.  The DC area is HEAVILY populated, sprawling, and with many, many resources - both natural and infrastructurewise.  There is a heavy military presence and all the equipment and arms that come with it.  There are lots of neighborhoods and bases that could be contained and therefore house large groups of survivors.  They were used to where they were before - to home.  But this is their new home and the challenges are going to be different.  Another misstep, IMO, is not shooting on sight.  Too much time was given to the Saviors to speechify, twirl mustaches and muahahaha.  We don't need to evaluate them anymore.  If you see them, kill them.  I didn't disagree with them taking everybody in the trailer with Maggie, it was warranted. The only other smart decision would have been the tragic decision - let Maggie die so that home base can stay protected.  But our group has heart and love - they will never make such a decision.  Not ever.  And that is why we root for them.

I am so over and done with Carol and Morgan.  They are both so full of crap I can smell it on their breath.  They are a match made in hell and I honestly wish that they will both die.  When Morgan shot that dude with some clearly badass shooting skills, I thought to myself, how many Alexandrians died in the Wolf attack because you WOULDN'T do that?  And Carol.  Seriously, if you want to kill yourself, just kill yourself.  Apparently you are still a coward.  Pick one - either live and deal with what that entails (fighting for survival, loving and being loved, fighting to protect loved ones) or die and die definitively.   Oh Sunshine, you can't have it both ways.

I have to end my ramblings with a shout out to Andrew Lincoln and his character Rick Grimes.  I simply have never seen a man portrayed in ANY medium the way he portrays Rick.  From his sobbing over Lori to his murderous protection to his loving father and now loving lover.  He is in one packae so strong and yet so fallible, so human.  The most gut wrenching moment in the episode was when he realized that these people had Michonne.  Rick simply dissolved in front of our eyes.  IMO it wasn't just plain worry over Michonne but his understanding at that point who he was dealing with, that he had been wrong, that they had lost and that not all of them were going to make it out alive - if any.  His strongest soldiers are Michonne, Glenn, and Daryl.   The Saviours had them all and they were toying with them so they had the upper hand as well.  The danger was there and his son was with him.  His baby girl is far from him and equally at risk.  Getting Maggie to the doctor was impossible at this point.  They were outnumbered, outgunned and outsmarted.  You can see Rick physically absorb the real possibility that this was the moment of his death and the deaths of everybody he loved.  THIS was his apocalypse.  And Andy showed all of this with simply a look on his face.  Brilliant.  Slow clap brilliant!

• Love 18