Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

(edited)

Anyone here ever watched "Charmed"? James Read's character (can't remember his name) was married to Finola Hugh's character (Patty?) and they are the grandparents of LWB/FS aka Peter August's character Wyatt.

Ya just gotta love the convoluted soap world. LOL

If the story is interesting & the actors can act...still beats the hell out of any Sonny/Carly/Jason crap -  IMO anyway.

Edited by RedRockRosie
eta: I love James Read!
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

Anyone here ever watched "Charmed"? James Read's character (can't remember his name) was married to Finola Hugh's character (Patty?) and they are the grandparents of LWB/FS aka Peter August's character Wyatt.

I did! I think he was a recast, because Anthony Denison played their father first; I don't remember if he declined to reprise his role or wasn't available?

I'm actually a teeny, teeny, teeeeny bit curious about this because I like Chase, although I have no doubt the SEKRIT about why Dr. Michael Easton hates him is going to be stupid.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

I wondered if that was him! I never knew the actor's name but always loved him. I'm not crazy about more family for Finn mostly because there are already too many damn people on this show. But at least the guy can act. And having his ex-on screen wife now dating his on-screen son is certainly soapy! 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm actually a teeny, teeny, teeeeny bit curious about this because I like Chase, although I have no doubt the SEKRIT about why Dr. Michael Easton hates him is going to be stupid.

Don't we already know the SEKRIT? I thought it was that Dad had the nerve to remarry and have another kid.

9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But when Chase pushed back on that, didn't Dr. Michael Easton get "super emotional" and hint that there's more going on?

Probably; I zoned out once it was clear it was a daddy issue. I love James Read (and the double Charmed connections crack me up), but I'm so tired of kids blaming their parents for stuff that really isn't all that bad if they'd just listen to what actually happened instead of whining about how they were neglected/abandoned/unloved.

• Love 3

Oh, wow. James Read. He was in that '80s miniseries North and South. He played North; a then-mostly-unknown Patrick Swayze played South. (I mean, they had actual names, but it was about a close friendship that is tested by the Civil War.) Genie Francis was just one of the cavalcade of stars who also appeared. My mother thought it was the best show ever.

I had never heard of him being in anything else. But I haven't seen DOOL in years, 

2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Oh, wow. James Read. He was in that '80s miniseries North and South. He played North; a then-mostly-unknown Patrick Swayze played South. (I mean, they had actual names, but it was about a close friendship that is tested by the Civil War.) Genie Francis was just one of the cavalcade of stars who also appeared. My mother thought it was the best show ever.

I had never heard of him being in anything else. But I haven't seen DOOL in years, 

if you check out IMdB, he's worked consistently for the last 30+ years.  Just wish Genie was still around, those two could be fun to watch together.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

He was a regular on the first season of Remington Steele.  I remember him most from North and South, but also know him from Charmed.  I had forgotten about the N&S connection between he and Genie Francis, but, for the Charmed connection, now all we need is Holly Marie Combs showing up.

• Love 1

North and South was one of my all time favorites! Thank you all for reminding me of it and all of the actors/actresses I loved seeing in that mini-series! Those were good times.

2 hours ago, Fellaway said:

He was a regular on the first season of Remington Steele.

And completely wasted. I felt bad he lost that job, but the show didn't need him or Miss Wolf (which is what Steele always called Bernice Foxe, hee). 

• Love 4

James Read also played Jimmy Olsen's father on The Adventures of Lois & Clark.

3 hours ago, Fellaway said:

He was a regular on the first season of Remington Steele.  

8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And completely wasted. I felt bad he lost that job, but the show didn't need him or Miss Wolf (which is what Steele always called Bernice Foxe, hee). 

Yes, he was completely wasted. So glad that he found more work, even if he never had a series of his own. He also played Reese Witherspoon's dad in Legally Blonde.

LW can be really obnoxious. I seesaw between liking her a lot and finding her insufferable. But one thing that doesn't change is my admiration for how she plays Carly. She (LW) knows exactly who Carly is. And she always gives 100 percent, unlike many of her scene partners.

• Love 6
(edited)

And who manages to sneak into the logo shot, you'll just never guess!

De7vmtlWsAA15Pb.jpg

But he's not treated any different because he's LWB, no sir! #eyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
(edited)

What a bonkers line-up.

Never thought I'd see William deVry pawing Tamara Braun who's not playing Carly but here we are, America.

Is it wrong that I might actually watch Ned having an affair with crazy Nina and getting in over his head bc she's insane? Okay. Look, I'm just trying to think of something interesting in this dog-ass situation.

Still do not care about Hot Young and Above All White Cop/Nathan #2.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And who manages to sneak into the logo shot, you'll just never guess!

De7vmtlWsAA15Pb.jpg

But he's not treated any different because he's LWB, no sir! #eyeroll

OMG. Cancel it.

• Love 6
On 6/5/2018 at 9:47 AM, TeeVee329 said:

You know, I've always liked Laura Wright despite my intense dislike of Carly, but that's pretty much over now.  I mean, that one with the wink and her tongue poking out?  Ugh.

I know, right! How dare she have fun in a photo shoot with her boyfriend?! The nerve!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I know, right! How dare she have fun in a photo shoot with her boyfriend?! The nerve!

It's not a couples photo shoot. It's a promotion for a TV show where their characters do not interact in any way - and it undermines the (always unconvincing) claims that LWB landed a contact role with tons of screen time entirely on his own merit and not because he's LWB.

I don't think the actor is terrible, he's entirely adequate. But, I can't help comparing his introduction to DZ's Dominic, and the comparison does him no favors.

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

It's not a couples photo shoot. It's a promotion for a TV show where their characters do not interact in any way - and it undermines the (always unconvincing) claims that LWB landed a contact role with tons of screen time entirely on his own merit and not because he's LWB.

I don't think the actor is terrible, he's entirely adequate. But, I can't help comparing his introduction to DZ's Dominic, and the comparison does him no favors.

I'm not sure which promo you're talking about. The promo I see on this page - that Neptune posted - doesn't feature the pics of LW and WR that TeeVee329 was complaining about. Even if they do appear in a promo together, I'm not sure how that undermines anything. And I honestly don't know how it was he got hired since people here seem to have two different stories. People are pissed he got his foot in the door because he's LW's boyfriend or they seem to be pissed because FV saw him in the parking lot and liked him and hired him. Either way, seems like a lame reason for the virulent hatred towards him.

I'm not sure why there would be a need to compare him to DZ, but I seem to recall there was a period of time when DZ first came on that he was on every. day. for months, which isn't close to the airtime WR/Peter is getting. And they gave Dante a ridiculous backstory with a vet like Brenda, same as Peter now being connected to Anna.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't hate him, I just don't find him terribly interesting or compelling. He's adequate. I do think this insistence from FV and LW that this was entirely (or even primarily) a merit hire is ridiculous and deserves all the mockery that it's received.

I compared him to DZ because Dom was a secret kid related to a major character who had a ton of screen time in his first year. I just think that DZ was, and is, better - so much so that given the same set of circumstances, I wouldn't question why he'd been hired and given a front-burner story.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6
On 6/5/2018 at 1:54 PM, Oracle42 said:

It's nice to see WK. BUT, what are LWB and MST doing there?

It's like a who's who of why are you here.

Right?  I can think of plenty of people who belong there more than here.  When it comes to characters, Michael, Jason, Sam, Maxie, Monica, Liz, Dante, Lulu, Ava, Alexis or even Griffin make more sense.  Possibly even Julian.  I get that they might have left out Jason, Sam, and Michael so it didn't seem to be all about Sonny and Co. but that still leaves people... oh wait.  No.  With the exceptions of Liz and Maxie, I guess everyone on that list has a tie to Sonny.  Well that makes me sick and annoyed.

• Love 4

One thing I really like about Kelly Monaco, Rebecca Herbst, and Kimberly McCullough is that if they are not promoting a couple/storyline then they rarely care about being front and center in promotional stuff. Like they do what is asked of them and they leave. I like that. 

• Love 5
On 6/7/2018 at 9:32 PM, TVbitch said:

OMG, I was watching Crime Watch Daily the other day and they had a whole big story on how Stephen Martines has conned all these people out of tons of money and cars and crap while living the high life. Well, I guess we know what (one of the) Nikolasses is up to! 

https://soaphub.com/general-soap-operas/former-soap-star-pulls-off-unbelievable-real-life-con/

Someone actually posted a story about that here a few months ago. It was written by one of the people he conned. 

10 hours ago, jsbt said:

So now I guess Nicolas Bechtel and co. are embroiled in some sort of Trump/De Niro controversy on twitter. That's fine. 2018, everyone.

And of course, he, or whoever runs his twitter account, is RT'ing all his ex co-stars "leave him alone--he's 13!" tweets.  Sit down, Nicolas/Nicolas's stage parents.  You tweet a political opinion, you're going to get blowback, whatever your "age" is (age in quotes because I doubt the 13-yr-old is actually expressing those opinions).

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And of course, he, or whoever runs his twitter account, is RT'ing all his ex co-stars "leave him alone--he's 13!" tweets.  Sit down, Nicolas/Nicolas's stage parents.  You tweet a political opinion, you're going to get blowback, whatever your "age" is (age in quotes because I doubt the 13-yr-old is actually expressing those opinions).

I didn't read the tweet and have no idea what political opinion he expressed.  But 13 year old have opinions and some of those opinions are even informed, independent opinions.  And no, public figure or no, posting something political as a child does not mean you welcome harassment on line.  And it's ludicrous to me that one can simultaneously make the argument that his age doesn't justify leaving him alone about his political opinions but that it does invalidate those opinions 

• Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

I didn't read the tweet and have no idea what political opinion he expressed.  But 13 year old have opinions and some of those opinions are even informed, independent opinions.  And no, public figure or no, posting something political as a child does not mean you welcome harassment on line.  And it's ludicrous to me that one can simultaneously make the argument that his age doesn't justify leaving him alone about his political opinions but that it does invalidate those opinions 

Where did I say he should be harassed?  "Blowback" simply means people responding to his tweets, aka opinions.  The responses I've read are a differing opinion, but they're not harassing him.  I guess it's ludicrous to me that no differing opinions can be expressed without people clutching their pearls and claiming the world is picking on them.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 8

Given how ugly the social media world is, whoever is running Nicholas Bechtel's official twitter account should be protecting him and avoiding that kind of controversy.  I don't know which side he's pro but tweeting anything political these days starts up a very ugly no-holds-barred fight.

His official twitter account should be about his co-workers and innocuous things.  If he wants to tweet differently to his friends set up a private account. He's far to young to be venturing into the muck.

• Love 6