Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I had forgotten Molly Burnett had filled in the last time. I was confusing her with Bree Williamson who played a different role. Anyhoo, Storms has a lot of issues. It’s her skin, her weight, and, now the flu. As tweeted, it was only for 2 days. She’s a fan favorite and the cast loves her, too. I think FV is standing by her for now. I think the real soap is behind the scenes. It’s gotta be better than what’s happening on screen. LOL!!!!

Good Grief!!!! Grand Hotel looks awful. Who is co-signing this garbage? Damn Disney, what's up? Makes me think of Acapulco Heat. At least that had Fabio as a guest star ;) ;) ;)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, paisley said:

Good Grief!!!! Grand Hotel looks awful. Who is co-signing this garbage? Damn Disney, what's up? Makes me think of Acapulco Heat. At least that had Fabio as a guest star ;) ;) ;)

Sometimes ABC greenlights show you just know will be cancelled based off the trailer. There was alot of bad acting in that preview. and BC and the guy who plays the love interest look creepily alike.

At least Acapulco Heat was cheesy fun. This looks like it takes itself way too seriously. ABC will either cancel it instantly or it will drag on and on.

I did crack up that the guy in the pool took off his shirt to make the woman talk. That might work with me, under the right circumstances. Hee.

22 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And by the way, the actress playing Morgan's sister in "Grand Hotel" played Miranda on the PP "All My Children".

Brook Kerr's (Passions) son Chris who was also briefly on B&B is there as well playing the waiter showing the new guy the ropes.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And by the way, the actress playing Morgan's sister in "Grand Hotel" played Miranda on the PP "All My Children".

I thought she looked familiar!

I'm really missing the online versions of those shows right about now. GH is so damn boring

(edited)

I thought the show was saved by the potential replacements tanking? I mean, if FV actually had the power to 'save a show, wouldn't he have saved OLTL? Aside from that first year, he's presided over some of the worst ratings this show has ever had, he's lost/driven away several popular males, GH was basically swept at the Emmy's and IIRC, is now sitting behind DOOL in the ratings

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I thought the show was saved by the potential replacements tanking? I mean, if FV actually had the power to 'save a show, wouldn't he have saved OLTL? Aside from that first year, he's presided over some of the worst ratings this show has ever had, he's lost/driven away several popular males, GH was basically swept at the Emmy's and IIRC, is now sitting behind DOOL in the ratings

WINNING! Oh, wait...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I thought the show was saved by the potential replacements tanking? I mean, if FV actually had the power to 'save a show, wouldn't he have saved OLTL?

Replacements tanking is part of why GH is still on, but Frank was able to pare down the budget enough to make the show worth keeping on air, at least until they can find something cheaper that people will watch. Frank doesn't decide if the show stays on the air, the network poobahs do.

• Love 2

"The Revolution" tanking definitely helped, but I do feel like we heard that ratings went up during that first important September, when they had that water crisis story with Jerry Jax, and that that kept the show afloat for another year.

9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

The first year ratings turned out to be a Nielsen glitch that worked in ABC's favor.

I still think the show was vastly improved the first year frank and Ron took over. Unfortunately it was all downhill from there’s as their egos got the best of them.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Replacements tanking is part of why GH is still on, but Frank was able to pare down the budget enough to make the show worth keeping on air, at least until they can find something cheaper that people will watch. Frank doesn't decide if the show stays on the air, the network poobahs do.

I've brought this up before, but I can see the embarrassment of being the first network without any daytime soaps weighing in the back of the execs' minds at ABC (and NBC, for that matter--for a network that seemed determined to cancel every daytime soap it had over the years, they sure haven't given up on DAYS yet, have they?). They may not be actively interested in keeping those two soaps on the air, but NO ONE wants that title first. No one. It almost feels like a game where one network is silently waiting for the other network to make a move in that direction, because they don't want to go first.

And while NBC, like I pointed out, DID seem content for years to become the first network to dump all its daytime soaps, I can see them becoming less comfortable with that idea once DAYS really was all it had left. And ABC--once THE network to watch for daytime soaps--would look even more pathetic if THEY actually went first.

But this may just be me and one of my many other stupid theories, so there you go. 

• Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

"Be nice, he hired my boyfriend!"

Girl...

I have always like Laura Wright. I've been watching her since Loving, GL and now GH. That said, she is FV pet. I think FV even said that she and MB are the stars of the show. Of course, she would defend him since she is front and center. She does a lot for the daytime community but she wouldn't admit that he might be hurting the show either. Also, the "Be nice, he hired my boyfriend!" is too funny. Although, you forgot about the part that he was hired in the parking lot. LOL!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, it's not like I expect Laura Wright to shit talk her boss, but when there's actual numerical evidence that your show is not doing great...maybe just say nothing at all.

Like I said, she's obnoxious.  There was a story about her at a fan event when someone asked Brian Craig about his relationship with Kelly Whats-her-Face and she had to interject with a snotty "It's none of your business," despite the irony of making it HER business to comment and the fact at the time BC and WHF had been pimping themselves on IG.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Like I said, she's obnoxious.  There was a story about her at a fan event when someone asked Brian Craig about his relationship with Kelly Whats-her-Face and she had to interject with a snotty "It's none of your business," despite the irony of making it HER business to comment and the fact at the time BC and WHF had been pimping themselves on IG.

Thiebaud.

And actually, by the time that question was asked, the IG pimping had stopped for quite awhile. As a result, we don't actually know WHEN they broke up/ended their engagement. And it WAS surprising, given how public they had otherwise been about their relationship before. I kind of strangely admire how remarkably quiet they were in parting with each other (while also selfishly wanting details because I'm hypocritical AF). 

• Love 5

I suspect Mario Batali's troubles affected The Chew enough for ABC to cancel, even though he wasn't mentioned even obliquely. I have a hard time believing another hour of GMA is cheaper, but whatever, ABC. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Laura: Wright I’m going to jump in and say it’s a role that he worked all on his own for.

Me: Yes, driving you to the set and hanging around in the parking lot was a lot of work.

I mean, I get it, what else is she/they supposed to say?  And we do know other people read for the part.  But do I believe his being the boyfriend of the female lead had nothing, NOTHING, to do with him being the final choice?  Girl, please.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12

As a copy editor, I cringe every time I read his website (and many, many others, to be fair). He needs to stop posting stuff immediately after writing it. Take the extra five minutes to give it a read and smooth things out.

• Love 3
(edited)

At least he seems to be dialing back on the exclamation points.  I remember some article that was like, "GH: Laura Remembers How She Was Raped!" and I was like, "Really, dude?".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Laura: Wright I’m going to jump in and say it’s a role that he worked all on his own for.

Me: Yes, driving you to the set and hanging around in the parking lot was a lot of work.

I mean, I get it, what else is she/they supposed to say?  And we do know other people read for the part.  But do I believe his being the boyfriend of the female lead had nothing, NOTHING, to do with him being the final choice?  Girl, please.

I don't think them having others read for the part is as big of a deal as LW is trying to make it out to be.  On SBu's podcast, he is talking to the guy who plays Michael, and they were talking about how he got the part, and it was discussed by SBu that even though there were others there reading for the part, all of the people in the room knew the part was going to the guy that ended up getting it. 

(edited)
On 5/23/2018 at 2:01 PM, TeeVee329 said:

ABC pulled that AMC/OLTL cancellation axe out of storage and just dropped it on "The Chew":

http://deadline.com/2018/05/good-morning-america-expands-to-3-hours-the-chew-canceled-7-seasons-1202396779/

Karma always finds a way back home. :)

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Was that typo with the colon yours or his? ;) 

Edited by UYI

I don't for a second believe that ABC has any interest in bringing back the canceled soaps, but I don't even care anymore. I'm just thrilled that Chew was canceled, even if it took way too long!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's a classic case of me think the lady doth protest too much.

• Love 2