Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

ETA...oh, I just saw the link about Calamari, I can't believe they're actually SORASing him.

Unless nuCameron is allowed to have and express negative feelings about his mom choosing to marry Franco, his recycling door of daddies and how they have all disappeared on him and his brothers, his mother's blatant favoritism towards Jake, then there is no need for a SORAS.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Unless nuCameron is allowed to have and express negative feelings about his mom choosing to marry Franco, his recycling door of daddies and how they have all disappeared on him and his brothers, his mother's blatant favoritism towards Jake, then there is no need for a SORAS.

He'll primarily be used in a tween triangle between Joss and Oscar. I'd bet money on that.

• Love 4

I'll take it if it makes Joss and Oscar anything more than a complete and utter snooze.  Also, I want Carly's head to explode that her daughter is choosing between a Quartermaine and Liz's son.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

From being in the triangle with Emma and Spencer, to the triangle with Joss and Oscar.  Poor Cymbeline.

Which makes it even more preposterous that at one time Emma, Spencer, Cam and Joss were all the same age!

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh come on, Frank!  I mean, Patrick J. Gibbons was often a bright spot on OLTL as Sam, but we're casting new kids when we never see Calamari and Aspargus?  Ugh.

ETA...oh, I just saw the link about Calamari, I can't believe they're actually SORASing him.

There was a little tease next to the Cameron story that said Spencer would be recast, too. Maybe "Wyatt" isn't actually a new character at all?  (Oh, duh, I read "A new Spencer" completely wrong. This was about Cameron after all. Never mind that his last name is Webber, he doesn't have Spencer blood, and the show doesn't seem to care about his early days as Lucky's son.) 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think Frank would sooner euthanize Leslie Charleson than recast Spencer.

Also, Patrick Gibbons is a sweet kid with some winning charm but not quite an actor, even to the standards of Nicolas "MAGA" Bechtel. He was definitely more charismatic than the Wooden Puppet Boy Cam they just cut. Although who knows, he was very young on OLTL and may have evolved. Either way, I doubt they'll recast Spencer or Emma yet though they should.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

I like this girl, part two: 

For the last few days KFC has been tweeting about GH for some reason. Someone lost a bet, imo, and now they gotta tweet about GH.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, jsbt said:

I think Frank would sooner euthanize Leslie Charleson than recast Spencer.

I'm surprised that hasn't already happened, TBH. Frank pays all this lip service to the vets and then treats them like last year's trash.

• Love 3

Now, Chloe Lanier & Marci Miller (Days) can play sisters on a prime time show. LOL!!! Actually, they might be competing for the same parts. Chloe Lanier was great in the role and you can tell she had fun working with Laura Wright. She's very talented but the "Nelle" storyline has gone on way too long. Hopefully, they'll end it on a good note. I don't think they should replace Chloe. I think GH and Nelle need a break from each other.

(edited)

My feelings are so mixed.  I really did like Lanier during that anniversary episode and was excited when she was brought back (even though I had wanted her to be a Lucy/Kevin/Scotty kid) because that was an age group that actually needed some fresh blood and then about the soapy possibilities once I realized she was gunning for Carly.  But oh, it was just such a mess, the Frank Benson reveal was the weakest sauce, the writers couldn't decide if Nelle was an evil bitch or a misunderstood heroine or what, and Lanier didn't exactly blow the roof off the joint.  So yeah, mixed.

I also had a horrific daynightmare of her being recast with Kristen Alderson and my soul screamed.  But I guess they'll need to recast or bring in someone new for Michael, given Keeks is probably heading to Griffin.

Also, so no Baby Swap 2018, WTH Show!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

I don't think she left on her own. I think they're letting her save face, so I don't think they're recasting.

3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But I guess they'll need to recast or bring in someone new for Michael,

Who will volunteer as tribune?

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think she left on her own. I think they're letting her save face, so I don't think they're recasting.

I mean, the way they've been writing Nelle, there's really no coming back for her as a character.

I wonder, with the Cameron casting, that they're just done with Michael's age group, that they're pinning hopes on Joss and her set.

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:43 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

True. NLG just blocked me with no big flowery speech about my preposterous accusations. But then again, how would I know? ;) 

Hee! Not just me then? At least I'm in good company @Auntie Velvet, although TBH, I have no idea why she blocked me. I feel all warm and fuzzy and important-like ;)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

My feelings are so mixed.  I really did like Lanier during that anniversary episode and was excited when she was brought back (even though I had wanted her to be a Lucy/Kevin/Scotty kid) because that was an age group that actually needed some fresh blood and then about the soapy possibilities once I realized she was gunning for Carly.  But oh, it was just such a mess, the Frank Benson reveal was the weakest sauce, the writers couldn't decide if Nelle was an evil bitch or a misunderstood heroine or what, and Lanier didn't exactly blow the roof off the joint.  So yeah, mixed

I am you here, @TeeVee329. They stacked the deck against Nelle from the get-go, what with her continuing the vendetta after learning it was Jax who bought her kidney, with Carly not knowing about it. And then Nelle doubled down with this dumb gaslighting story.

I think CL understood the mixed messages and tried to play them down the middle, but it didn't work. At any rate, the story was a failure from the start for me, and the pairing of CL/CD didn't light any fires. I do think CL is talented—the anniversary episode showed that—and I hope she has success away from the show.

Frank, please don't recast Nelle unless you give the character a clear mission.

• Love 4

So finally a teen Cochise! The kid has the right look, at least. And I also noticed he was referred to as Cameron Spencer. Dare I hope that the show is actually going to deal with the Lucky-shaped elephant in the room?

I don't even know how to feel about the Patrick Gibbons news. He's still a cutie, but what the hell? I'd wonder if Aloysius is being recast too, but I don't know why it would be a secret. And you know they're going to put him in scenes with Howarth, which will be nauseating. I bet there'll be Spiderman jokes.

• Love 1

Who has two thumbs and was dying for a Cameron/Joss/Oscar triangle?

NOBODY, THAT'S WHO!

Also, how many Michael love interests need to be written off before someone realizes the problem is CD, not the actresses?

• Love 12
43 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, how many Michael love interests need to be written off before someone realizes the problem is CD, not the actresses?

I saw Andrea Bogart (Abby) in the Steven Sonderbergh film Side Effects.   It was a small role but she was spot on in her part.

12 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

Hee! Not just me then? At least I'm in good company @Auntie Velvet, although TBH, I have no idea why she blocked me. I feel all warm and fuzzy and important-like ;)

She blocked me because she was ranting during some award ceremony and I asked, "Is this about Viola Davis again?" (This was about a year after NLG's drunken one-woman race riot.) 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Leave! Chad! Alone!

That's what he says everytime he's introduced to a new love interest. :innocent whistle:

Both Chad and KSt have retweeted support of Maxie/Michael so maybe finally they'll try it.

• Love 5

Maxie rather than another round with the Keekster? Those two have been in more scenes lately with the hospital sexual harassment story, and it's not as though she has any other good prospects at the moment. There was the ONS with Griffin, and I guess a Morgan resurrection is always possible, but those aren't really solid possibilities.  

Re: Chloe Lanier. The GH Daytime Emmy curse strikes again. Better watch your back, Vernee. I think CL tried hard, but they weren't writing to her strengths often enough, and at some point I just checked out on the character. Too much baggage. No recast, please, because what are the odds any other actress is going to do better with her?   

• Love 1
(edited)

https://stonecoldandthejackal.com/blogs/podcast/kinshriner

Yes, I listened to the BA/SB podcast, and some hilarious bits with Kin:

(around 25 minutes)

Kin: I think actors should watch Turner Classic Movies for an education in fast talking pacing of acting.

BA: I often see Wil de Vry watching Turner Classic in his dressing room so you got to him!

Kin: (a beat) No, he knows nothing. He's in there watching Bonanza.

(around the hour mark)

BA: I love that Kin's not a whisperer. . . . what I like about you, is that you're a full voiced guy.

Kin: I came into a scene with Maurice and I said "Well, well!" and all of a sudden Maurice holds his ears like I'd broken his eardrums. I said, "Oh, I'm sorry Maurice, did I not come in whis-per-ing?"

(forget where this was, maybe around 20 minutes)

Kin: I went to another soap in direct competition with GH, and then I saw Tony Geary and Genie on the cover of Newsweek and thought, maybe I made a mistake.

(around 57 minutes)

lmao:

SB: I came back and I found out . . . are you . . .Franco's . . . dad?

Kin: Yeah.

SB: How . . . did that happen?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 11
(edited)
On 6/27/2018 at 10:33 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Also, I want Carly's head to explode that her daughter is choosing between a Quartermaine and Liz's son.

Soaps are so weird when you consider all the ins and outs. If this happens, Josslyn will be involved with the son of one of the few people who ever turned Carly down for sex. I hasten to add I mean Zander, not Liz. 

Remember when the TB version was hysterical over seeing Sexis going at it in the penthouse, and she went to Zander's crappy little apartment in the middle of the night, climbed in bed with him, and woke him up by licking his chest and flailing at him? Then he friend-zoned her, and she stormed out and drove off a cliff or something? 

Liz's other sons, who fortunately are too young to be Josslyn love interests at the moment, were fathered by Carly's BFF and Carly's cousin. Such a messy canvas.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4

a storyline promoting KFC's Pickle Fried Chicken with characters Maxie Jones West (Kirsten Storms) and Lulu Spencer Falconeri (Emme Rylan)," says a source.

Will this be Lulu, Girl Reporter's, next big story??

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

I love Kin.

I really recommend listening to it.

Here was another funny bit:

SB: Kin, don't hate on our relationship!

Kin: Oh, I love the Sonny and Jason relationship!

SB: Sure ya do!

BA: As he raises his fists to the sky!

• Love 1
(edited)

"Not only will KFC continue tweeting about GH, but the Colonel himself will be appearing on the soap in a storyline promoting KFC's Pickle Fried Chicken with characters Maxie Jones West (Kirsten Storms) and Lulu Spencer Falconeri (Emme Rylan)," says a source.

Look for screen legend George Hamilton to make an appearance as Col. Sanders in the upcoming GH arc.

Y'all ever wish you died on 9/11

Edited by jsbt

@ulkis thanks for the heads up on the podcast, that was great. I love Kin. I enjoyed the thinly veiled, not so subtle insults at the mobster monopoly this show has become. Great to hear him talk about the good old, glamorous days. I got a good laugh when he razzed SBu/Jason on his wardrobe. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I mean, make that paper, I guess, certainly primetime shows are doing product placement as well.  But why does it need to be worked into the storyline?  Why not just have Liz picking up a bucket because she was late getting home from work and it's a treat the boys like?  Or do a product placement with, I dunno, Dunkin Donuts and have characters expositing about stories there instead of Dunkin' Corinthos.

On the other hand, I would DIE if this is Lulu's next big reporting assignment, a 1-on-1 with the Colonel. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

But why does it need to be worked into the storyline?  Why not just have Liz picking up a bucket because she was late getting home from work and it's a treat the boys like? 

That would be too subtle for Frank. Plus, he gets George Hamilton in the bargain.

OLTL had a promotional deal with the Florida Citrus Council or something like that, and it meant there was always a pitcher of orange juice in the morning/coffee/breakfast scenes. Very unobtrusive but always visible. 

• Love 1

I don't know why every soap doesn't have a chain restaurant as part of their set as it'd be inobtrusive and is actually an accurate reflection of most town/cities these days anyway.  I mean, you don't have to get rid of Kelly's, just have Maxie and Lulu talking about stupid shit at Starbucks instead once a week.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Speaking of Kelly's, I'm surprised Sonny hasn't forced it to serve Corinthos coffee.

They may well sell Corrinthos coffee.  But it's owned by Bobbie.  So, whether they do or don't, I don't see Sonny strong-arming Carly's mom. 

• Love 1