Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, UYI said:

Star Wars came out in 1977; EMcL didn't die until 1991. Still, enough had passed by then that that's still pretty remarkable. 

Yeah, got my dates mixed up.  :(  I corrected the original post.

(edited)

Not excited about this return:

The last thing we need is another Corinthii and Kristina was mostly horrible during her last stint.

Oh gawd, and the crazy Kristina/Parker stans will start up again, noooo!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

UGHHHHHHHHHHH.

A. Kristina is a bratty character.

B. LA is an awful actress, despite having an Emmy

C. Just what we need: another character bitching and moaning about Julian while praising Sonny.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Interesting.

Also, Kelly, better pictures, please.

She's been looking strange in all of her social media posts lately.  For someone who "loves their job."  She seems thrilled in that picture along with the "blah!"   You love the paycheck, not the job.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

UGHHHHHHHHHHH.

A. Kristina is a bratty character.

B. LA is an awful actress, despite having an Emmy

C. Just what we need: another character bitching and moaning about Julian while praising Sonny.

I said earlier in this thread she was talking about returning. She can't book anything else steady outside of GH so back she comes. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

I will never forget the lovely letter he wrote to TV GUIDE after Emily McLaughlin passed.  He was a world-famous actor from STAR WARS, and he took the time to write heartfelt words of praise for a "lowly" soap actress.  To this day I think it showed absolute class on his part.

Oh wow I did not know Hammill was on GH.  I love him, I follow him on twitter.  He's very funny.

(edited)
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

Oh wow I did not know Hammill was on GH.  I love him, I follow him on twitter.  He's very funny.

He played Kent Murray, the nephew of Jessie Brewer, from 1972-1973, so way before the show became as popular as it became in 1978-1979. Kent and his sister Carol went to live with Jessie after their father (her brother). 

4UXfC-1462374600-3770-list_items-hamill_genhosp.jpg

Edited by UYI
  • Love 5

Eh, Kristina will probably barely really be on screen. You know, the whole bi thing that soaps love to talk about but never really tell a story for. Kristina can take turns with Lucas with the "appearance every 3 months" quota.

I hope the Parker thing is done, though. Ashley Jones looks like Lexi Ainsworth's mom. But that's the lesser problem to me, since Ms. Jones can't help her appearance. Honestly, my real problem is that whole relationship squicked me out to begin with since Parker was a teacher/someone of authority macking on a student.

Surely this show can cast a woman (and/or man since Kristina is allegedly bi) in LA's age range? (And yes, I know LA looks younger, but as someone with the same issue, that is something that can't be changed...and hey, KMc did all right on the show with that "problem" for a long time, too, so...)

Says the person that hasn't watched in around five years. LOL!

• Love 6
20 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Surely this show can cast a woman (and/or man since Kristina is allegedly bi) in LA's age range? 

I thought Kristina and Valerie had a good chemistry, in the scenes where they were pretending to be a couple.  That might be worth bringing LA back for. Otherwise, I’m not looking forward to her return.  Even though the show does need more 20-somethings, I don’t know that it needs this one.

• Love 2
On 7/27/2018 at 3:01 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Eh, Kristina will probably barely really be on screen. You know, the whole bi thing that soaps love to talk about but never really tell a story for. Kristina can take turns with Lucas with the "appearance every 3 months" quota.

I hope the Parker thing is done, though. Ashley Jones looks like Lexi Ainsworth's mom. But that's the lesser problem to me, since Ms. Jones can't help her appearance. Honestly, my real problem is that whole relationship squicked me out to begin with since Parker was a teacher/someone of authority macking on a student.

Surely this show can cast a woman (and/or man since Kristina is allegedly bi) in LA's age range? (And yes, I know LA looks younger, but as someone with the same issue, that is something that can't be changed...and hey, KMc did all right on the show with that "problem" for a long time, too, so...)

Says the person that hasn't watched in around five years. LOL!

I'm with you in being skeeved or by the relationship.  I also think that if the professor had been make instead of female, many more withe be skeeved, as well. I have no desire to see these characters again and would have no problem with a retcon of who Kristina left if they insist on bringing her back. 

• Love 3
On 7/27/2018 at 4:01 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Eesh, I know. Alexis is the only one who finds it problematic, and both Kristina and to a lesser degree Parker look at her and sneer that she's a buzzkill. Uh, no. It also doesn't help that Parker was fired from her previous job for an inappropriate relationship. (Was that with Kristina? Not that it matters.)

In the #MeToo era it's super tone deaf, not that that's ever stopped this fakakta show. I doubt they'd deal with Parker/Kristina the same way they're handling Lauren/Bensch, and they for sure won't use Parker/Kristina to show that just because it's two women doesn't make it wrong.

• Love 10

I thought the actresses had zero chemistry, too. Ashley Jones always seemed pinched, brittle, and uncomfortable in that role, to me, from first day to last. That left it on the shoulders of Lexi Ainsworth, who doesn't have the presence or skill to carry a yogurt commercial, let alone a soap love story involving thorny issues of sexual orientation, age difference, and professional ethics. There isn't any one thing about it that made me think it was terrible, like "If they hadn't been far apart in age" or "If Kristina hadn't been Parker's student" or "If Parker hadn't been married to that never-seen wife." None of those by itself would have been fatal; the whole thing was just bad, full stop. When I found that they had rabid fans, I assumed it had to be just for existing at all.  

And it was another example of how the all-female Jelly team were at their worst, paradoxically, when writing the most "feminine" stories (see: breast-feeding lawsuit).  

I could see them dealing with Parker in an "It didn't work out" aside and then never mentioning her again, but I don't think they'll retcon away Kristina's bisexuality or only show her interested in boys from now on. Too much backlash potential, on a show that obviously cares a great deal about looking progressive. That's not to say it succeeds in being progressive all the time, but I do think their hearts are in the right place, and Van Etten seems even more that way than his predecessor.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Hours after the General Hospital twitter account promoted a Facebook Live Chat with SBu and KeMo on Monday (I think to promote the "Best of JaSam" box set or something), Kelly, who rarely uses social media, posted a little clip of her and Billy.

Behind-the-scenes drama at GH must be so much more exciting and interesting than the actual show!

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

That left it on the shoulders of Lexi Ainsworth, who doesn't have the presence or skill to carry a yogurt commercial, 

It's hilarious you chose that in comparison, given that Lexi's onscreen sister, Haley Pullos (Molly) was featured prominently in a yogurt commercial in 2013--one that aired frequently during GH's commercial break! 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

@WendyCR72 

“Pretty sure I’m still married to Robin Scorpio. God, I love her.” LMAOOOO.

Hee! Have I mentioned how thrilled I am both are off this show (minus visits from KMc) so they can't be ruined?!  :-)))

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Hee! Have I mentioned how thrilled I am both are off this show (minus visits from KMc) so they can't be ruined?!  :-)))

We thriving on-screen and off. *cries in Scrubs*

• Love 3
(edited)

All GH's biggest problems in one picture:

I like this shot if only for Kin Shriner photobombing it in a typical Love Boat Scott loud-ass suit, looking like he is casing the joint for Carmen Sandiego

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Even if this is true, how much will it realistically help the show?

It's probably a 6 month or 1 year contract. They always treat GF like crap.

(edited)

I guess this is the "good news" Nathan Varni was teasing?  At least it's not fuckin' Parker.

As I've said before, I like Laura/Genie Francis, but if she's back to be misused/underused, they should just skip it*.  And also, for me, while Laura is obviously an important cog in a Kevin/Ryan story, I care more about seeing Lucy and Felicia involved.

* They should DEFINITELY skip it if there's a beat where Laura unsuspectingly sleeps with Ryan-as-Kevin.  Just no to more rape with Laura.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Even if this is true, how much will it realistically help the show?

It won't.   Unpopular but while I'm happy for her fans.....Laura hasn't brought much to the show in years and that goes back to the writing mostly.  I find her incredibly boring and FV has tried to eliminate the Spencers all together.

• Love 1

It may not move that many numbers on its own because few things can do that and because the overall show is a debacle, but Laura is central and needed and I always welcome her back.

That said, I have no faith ABC has offered Genie a long-term contract so I'm not going to pay much attention yet.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Hater said:

Unpopular but while I'm happy for her fans.....Laura hasn't brought much to the show in years and that goes back to the writing mostly.  I find her incredibly boring and FV has tried to eliminate the Spencers all together.

I'll co-sign your unpopular opinion. Her last "good" story (in the sense of her being a major player in something that was sort of compelling, even if badly done) was...the Cassadine influx/rape revisit of the late 1990s? The battle for Deception Cosmetics in 2001? Her being stalked by defrosted Stavros later that same year? I can't go much further than that. 

And I don't look at the present cast and think, "What's badly needed right now is another fiftysomething to liven things up. The middle-aged are so poorly represented." 

I could see a case being made that she's a useful supporting character because she's the matriarch of an important Port Charles family, but both of her sons have been written off the show, and her grandson hasn't been back in a while either (Spencer SORAS coming?). So her immediate circle will be Lulu, her de facto daughter Elizabeth, and their kids. Oh, and Kevin. It isn't much. I...guess they could do something with her working at the hospital again? 

Edited by Asp Burger
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I wish Laura would take over Carly's role as the preeminent matriarch of Port Charles. Yeah, like that's ever going to happen.

Oh sweet baby Jesus. Carly is our preeminent matriarch. This isn't news to me, of course, but seeing it stated so plainly drove it home yet again. This show is fundamentally broken.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Maybe Madeline and Liesl briefing cross paths at Pentonville? Throw Britt in and you've got a nice family reunion.

The only interesting reason to have Madeline back is to see her vs Liesl and maybe Britt. I bet she's back for Nina though. Poor Nina, going through another upheaval in her marriage to Valentin.

• Love 1