Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

(edited)

Lexi Ainsworth claims she's coming back very soon in the comments on this post. I sure hope not. If they have to bring Kristina back I prefer they recast. 

Edited by In2You
  • Love 1
(edited)

Stay on the boat!

From the DZ interview:

We did try to work out a deal.  After more talks and conversations, I felt maybe we were going to get things done.  I was being told things would change and maybe shift things in the direction we wanted to go.  But at the end of the day, it’s gotta be in writing.  I feel like I’d been told similar things in the past which hadn’t come to fruition.

This is classic Frank Valentini stuff where he makes vague promises to get people to re-sign and then plays dumb. Happened many times at both his shows, but DZ didn't fall for it.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 10
On 7/14/2018 at 7:17 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Looks like Vinessa Antoine (Jordan) may not be long for GH. And good for her!

The linked interview left me with questions...

1) Is Anthony Montgomery, who plays Andre, still a regular? 

2) The article says Jordan and Curtis getting married would be the first black couple to be married in the show's history.  Apparently Twitter is refuting that claim by talking about a couple, Brad and Claudia, from the '70s, that got married.  Anyone remember that?  But even if that's true, that's...not a great stat, Show.

• Love 5
(edited)
33 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

2) The article says Jordan and Curtis getting married would be the first black couple to be married in the show's history.  Apparently Twitter is refuting that claim by talking about a couple, Brad and Claudia, from the '70s, that got married.  Anyone remember that?  But even if that's true, that's...not a great stat, Show.

Yep, I remember it (his name was actually Bryan).  They later went on to have twins on the show, I believe, before being written off.

Edited by Cheyanne11
(edited)
12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The linked interview left me with questions...

1) Is Anthony Montgomery, who plays Andre, still a regular? 

Yes, except it was in 1983 (and his name is Bryan, not Brad). And some of you might remember Claudia as one of Laura's bridesmaids at her wedding to Luke in 1981. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

Sorry, my fingers/brain slipped, Bryan was the name I saw.  Thanks for the info, guys!

But again, Jordan and Curtis being only the second black couple to get married on the show in 50+ years is...not a great stat.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sorry, my fingers/brain slipped, Bryan was the name I saw.  Thanks for the info, guys!

But again, Jordan and Curtis being only the second black couple to get married on the show in 50+ years is...not a great stat.

And it's even more striking when you remember how Claire Labine created the Wards in 1993, and even she didn't get that far.

Then again, this show DID have Tom and Simone, an interracial couple. That's pretty damn big. 

And there was also Jason and Keesha, not that J&R fans like me bringing THAT up. ;)

Edited by UYI
(edited)
12 minutes ago, UYI said:

Then again, this show DID have Tom and Simone, an interracial couple. That's pretty damn big.

And their legacy is the barely-seen TJ and Molly.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Tom and Simone Hardy were the first GH interracial couple, weren't they? They got decent airtime, IIRC.

Yes, in around 1987 or 1988.

For diversity alone, I hope we get a recast. And I hope the writers take the opportunity to make Jordan more effective at her job. She'll never take down Sonny or Jason, of course, but can she at least be the one to find LWB/FS? Or arrest Nelle and see that she's properly prosecuted? It's dispiriting to watch every police commissioner fail at his/her job all the time.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

It's dispiriting to watch every police commissioner fail at his/her job all the time.

Seriously. I think Sean Donelly was the last one to ever succeed. But that was because Mooby wasn't there.

1 hour ago, UYI said:

And there was also Jason and Keesha, not that J&R fans like me bringing THAT up. ;)

Can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly don't mind. Both Jason and Robin had loves BEFORE the show decided to finally get them together. But of course, that was Jason Quartermaine.  Jason fecking Morgan (and I don't mean that as a compliment) was only ever human and had more than one emotion with Robin. SheBeast can thump on her beastly chest all she wants about him being her BESTESTESTEST FWIEND EVAH, when we all know she just wants him back to "LOVE" her like he did Robin, and to a lesser extent, Sam. 

Taking the rest of my post to the history thread.

• Love 2
On 7/14/2018 at 1:33 PM, ulkis said:

Oh for fuck's sake.

Right? Such an arrogant ass.

On 7/14/2018 at 6:17 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Looks like Vinessa Antoine (Jordan) may not be long for GH. And good for her!

Hmm... I wonder if they would like to write me in as a romantic partner for Curtis... I'm not an actress, but I could be for that role.

On 7/14/2018 at 7:04 PM, In2You said:

Lexi Ainsworth claims she's coming back very soon in the comments on this post. I sure hope not. If they have to bring Kristina back I prefer they recast. 

I feel like Michael Scott. 
giphy.gif

• Love 2
(edited)

There are better characters of color that can be introduced other than Jordan, who they have never written enough to make three dimensional. Write her out.

Best wishes to Vinessa Antoine, who was wasted on this show.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6
(edited)

I don't even know how I feel about Vinessa Antoine leaving. Or about Jordan, the character, for that matter. There are people on the show I mind more, but there is no bigger "whatever" in the last five years of GH. She's just there. Pretty much all I can say for sure is that Vinessa is beautiful and can wear clothes. She may be a good actress; it's hard for me to tell. This means that I'm sure she's not bad, but she hasn't blazed with good performances in weak material the way some have, e.g., Rebecca Budig and Vernee Watson-Johnson.  

I...guess I want the character recast? They've spent so much time breaking Jordan in, with all that backstory about Curtis, TJ, Shawn, Auntie Stella, and the dead guy, and if they drop her altogether, we'll just have to start over with some new ineffectual police commissioner. Plus, Valerie's never on, and who knows what they'll do with Dante. Chase is too new to be the only law enforcement character we ever see.  

I could go for a soap contrivance that installs Curtis as police commissioner, though. 

Best wishes to Vinessa Antoine. I hope her new show is a hit and taps into any dramatic talent she has that GH hasn't made much of.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

She's just there.

So many characters can be described this way. The waste of talent on GH is unbelievable. I swear new characters are created just so that the writers can make a bit more coin. It's certainly not because the newbies add any depth or interest to the stories.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I...guess I want the character recast? ThSo ey've spent so much time breaking Jordan in, with all that backstory about Curtis, TJ, Shawn, Auntie Stella, and the dead guy, and if they drop her altogether, we'll just have to start over with some new ineffectual police commissioner. Plus, Valerie's never on, and who knows what they'll do with Dante. Chase is too new to be the only law enforcement character we ever see.  

So if they recast, I am sure they will just hire Anna as commish when FH comes back from her vacation.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, nilyank said:

So if they recast, I am sure they will just hire Anna as commish when FH comes back from her vacation.

Maybe. FH is the reason Anna is not commissioner anymore in the first place. She requested they take Anna out.

(edited)
10 hours ago, Mnemosyne said:

One hundred pages of Sonny Corinthos? I feel personally attacked.

I feel worse than attacked. I feel manippalated. Even betrayed. If I subscribed to that magazine, I'd throw a glass at the wall and call someone a bitch.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, ulkis said:

Maybe. FH is the reason Anna is not commissioner anymore in the first place. She requested they take Anna out.

That's dumb. Why?

• Love 1
On 7/16/2018 at 2:39 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Right? Such an arrogant ass.

Hmm... I wonder if they would like to write me in as a romantic partner for Curtis... I'm not an actress, but I could be for that role.

I feel like Michael Scott. 
giphy.gif

Hahahaha perfect gif. The show desperately needs a 20s & 30s group but I just can't stand Kristina, especially LA in the role. If they must bring the character back let it be a recast. 

(edited)

Code Black alumna Moon Bloodgood is set as a series regular, and Daytime Emmy winner Billy Miller (General Hospital, Suits), Brett Cullen (Narcos, Devious Maids) and young actor Hunter Doohan (Westworld, Sound Wave) will recur opposite Octavia Spencer and Lizzy Caplan in Apple’s thriller drama series Are You Sleeping, from Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine and the scripted drama venture of Peter Chernin’s Chernin Entertainment and Endeavor Content.

Tick, tick, tick...

https://deadline.com/2018/07/are-you-sleeping-moon-bloodgood-cast-apple-series-billy-miller-brett-cullen-hunter-doohan-recur-1202429688/

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, jsbt said:

And to think some of y'all acted shocked when I said Miller would be gone in a year. I'll take my apology in embroidered handkerchiefs!

That was your Drew fan twitter feed that was shocked!

• Love 1

It doesn't sound like a big enough role to force him to leave GH (he's playing the husband of one of the twins Lizzy Caplan is playing), unlike Vinessa Antoine who is the star of her series.  It's also only ten episodes long.  Are you thinking he's going to take the opportunity to go?

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder if he'd be given—or want—a recurring deal like JPS has.

I think he would prefer it, I don't think he would be given it. I don't think BM wants to be on the show at all though so yes if it gets picked up I think he will use it to move away from GH. He'll want to get other stuff and still staying on GH wouldn't look great.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, jsbt said:

And to think some of y'all acted shocked when I said Miller would be gone in a year. I'll take my apology in embroidered handkerchiefs!

Billy always gets recurring gigs. He just sticks it out in Daytime because he never gets series regular and he wants the extra income. 

7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It doesn't sound like a big enough role to force him to leave GH (he's playing the husband of one of the twins Lizzy Caplan is playing), unlike Vinessa Antoine who is the star of her series.  It's also only ten episodes long.  Are you thinking he's going to take the opportunity to go?

I think almost any of these people would lol. Soaps ain't streaming